Page 383 of 782 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh replies to this saying " maybe and I do like and enjoy inventing stuff." " it makes me feel good, also I kind of need the money." " as on this planet I'm officially broke." " I met this Galaxy Police officer name Blizzar on the Lookout and he gave me a card."

" he said it was for the Galaxy Police Reconstruction fund. " " I promise to him that I donate about a thousand a month to the Galaxy Police Reconstruction fund." " so I could keep his superiors of my back. " " really don't want to go to jail just because I was associate with the notorious space pirate group Stratovarius Buccaneers."

" sure I create all their gear and tech." " even made modifications to their space ship." " I even horde 100 Kilos of the drug Juppter on my ship before I came to this planet, and attempt to hide stash at the look at." " however after I was fix of my drug addiction I had the earthling Khan give all 100 kilos of Juppter I had in my possession to the Galaxy Police."

" so yeah donating money to this Galaxy Police Reconstruction fund beats gong to jail any day of the week." " I like to show case my inventions that I have in this Jobox and the devices that I'm currently wearing ." Qaztoh takes out a miniature metallic cube saying " the full name for this storage device is Jakzmakzia Omlazilzion Box." " Jakzmakzia Omlazilzion is Toadian for Dimensional Storage ."

" I have lots of blueprints store in this device as well." " blue prints for more inventions."
    “Hmm, Wny not. There are spare rooms here you can use and In an always employ another inventor. However, like Praxat, stay out of the Advanced weapons lab and the Capsule labs. Also, no bilological weapons or the like allowed. Any questions?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Sounds simple enough..." Sasheem stated confidently, though he knew that meant it would certainly not be. Still, if they wanted him to take point, he'd take point. After all, what better way to break him into these globe-trotting adventures!

"Try and keep up...fellow students," Sasheem stated, still taking a...relatively kind tone compared to his usual manner of speech. "Guardian..." the Majin announced, taking a step forward. "Sasheem is ready...start your challenge!"
    Before Sasheem is an expanse, webs all around leading into the ruins in the middle of a vast cavern, held up by webs. He cannot see the far side of the ruins, nor the bottom before the edge he now stands on. Nor can he fly or sense energy here.

The guardian motions Sasheem to come and get him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva smiles kindly at her.

“Of course not, Sarada. Please, sit.”
    A tight smile appears as Sarada sat down. "I don't have a lot of time to spare, so I'll just get to the point. You were planning on summoning the dragon again when the year was up, right?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A tight smile appears as Sarada sat down. "I don't have a lot of time to spare, so I'll just get to the point. You were planning on summoning the dragon again when the year was up, right?"
    “Potentially, yes. I take it this is a personal issue?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Potentially, yes. I take it this is a personal issue?”
    Sarada breathed in again. "Parsley is dead. She was killed when I sent her to Turrip to save five people after the planet had been taken over by what remains of the Tuffles." She sighed and looked at Eva. "I'd like to use the balls to resurrect her and the other ten millions Saiyans who were killed when the planet was taken over. Please."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada breathed in again. "Parsley is dead. She was killed when I sent her to Turrip to save five people after the planet had been taken over by what remains of the Tuffles." She sighed and looked at Eva. "I'd like to use the balls to resurrect her and the other ten millions Saiyans who were killed when the planet was taken over. Please."
    Eva looks at her, head to the side.

“You do understand that the Dragonballs aren’t a Stop All, right? Nor to be overly abused. On top of that, the time limit will be an issue if we aren’t careful. It’s only been a little bit since they were used. Once the year is passed, we can gather them again but if we don’t do it within that period of time between when Jack and I were revived and those Saiyans were killed, Tiamat will be redused to only raising one person per wish. So there will be only a week or two at most where we can use them to revive them all.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Before Sasheem is an expanse, webs all around leading into the ruins in the middle of a vast cavern, held up by webs. He cannot see the far side of the ruins, nor the bottom before the edge he now stands on. Nor can he fly or sense energy here.

Sasheem bows once more, respectfully, before leaping in the air. He quickly assessed that flying wouldn't be an option here and instead landed on one the caverns walls and began running alongside it to keep his momentum as he chased the Guardian through the web covered darkness of the cave.

The Majin was careful to avoid stepping on any of these giant webs for now as he had no idea just how powerful they'd be if one ensnared him. For now he'd continue running alongside the wall...Sasheem closed his eyes...there was nothing he could sense. Whatever properties this cave held it seemed to dampen certain abilities.

Sasheem smirked. It'd be no matter. He didn't need to fly or sense the Guardian's ki to catch the armored bastard. He kept his eyes closed, if he could barely see, he might as well listen and feel around him.

The only problem with his method lay in the webs...again, not a problem. Sasheem powered up briefly and emitted a wave of non-offensive energy from his body, causing the massive webs to sway back and forth alerting him as to where they were. Whenever he located one of the webs ahead of him, he spat a wave of Venom Mist at it to try and dissolve it. All while listening intently for any odd sound that lay ahead in the darkness.

Eva looks at her, head to the side.

“You do understand that the Dragonballs aren’t a Stop All, right? Nor to be overly abused. On top of that, the time limit will be an issue if we aren’t careful. It’s only been a little bit since they were used. Once the year is passed, we can gather them again but if we don’t do it within that period of time between when Jack and I were revived and those Saiyans were killed, Tiamat will be redused to only raising one person per wish. So there will be only a week or two at most where we can use them to revive them all.”
    She knew they had a time limit, but not that there was an additional time limit on who long they had to resurrect more than one person.

If we had our own dragonballs, then I wouldn't have to abuse these ones.

They had a Namekian as their first guardian. Maybe he made a set of balls. It was worth looking into, she guessed.

"Fine."

She agreed to those terms, and would return in eleven months to make the wish. It would be the last time she'd come to Earth for this purpose, regardless of whether or not Vocado had it's own dragonballs or not.

She fell silent, gazing down at the table as her fingers fiddled with each other on her lap. "Hey Eva?" she spoke after some time. "You said you went to HFIL with Jack to get those fruits, right? What's it like there?"

She was sure HFIL was the official name for Hell. That was where Parsley ended up. She was sure of it. Despite the good things she had done recently, she had done too many bad things, hurt too many innocent people to be able to enjoy her brief stay in the afterlife.

The fact that it even existed was a shock.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default A Guardian's Work, Part I

After Jinzi had finished dealing with last minute issues relating to his business, as soon as they were ready, Meagan used her key to open the portal back to the temple. Before they stepped through, she cautioned Jinzi, “The existence of the Portal may become public knowledge eventually, but it’s location needs to be kept secret. You will see why once we step through.”

Turning the Key in mid-air, the Portal unlocked and opened wide enough for two people to pass through. As soon as they did, it closed behind them, leaving Capsule Corps behind, in, hopefully, good hands. On the other side, they stepped onto the stone landing within the large, natural cavern beneath the Temple. Meagan led him down the stone staircase, talking as she did, "I never had the chance to give you a proper tour last time you were here. Really wasn't able to since it was my first time as well." She then led him away from the Portal Staircase and out to the tunnels, "Once we are settled down, I'd love to show you around." Jinzi didn't reply, though he was listening to her, he seemed absorbed with the unfamiliar surroundings.

She was sure he'd have questions soon enough, but for now Meagan continued to talk as she led him through the tunnels, which gradually slopped upwards, "There are several caverns off of the tunnels, each one has it's own function." at the end of the tunnel, she pushed against the stone wall, which then opened onto the metal platform which surrounded the 'Engine Room' of the Temple. It was here that Jinzi leaned over the catwalk and looked at it with almost the same hungry eyes he has for Meagan when they both get heated. Meagan smirked, "Don't worry Jinzi, you'll have plenty to time to look it over later."

As she dragged him away, he asked her, "Why would a temple need a power source like that?"

Leading him past the Science Labs to the staircase up to the main level, "Possibly to power whatever Lady Iris used the Labs for? I really don't know for sure. There are engineering plans and related materials on it in the library, just don't stay awake all night in there. We have to be ready in the morning for the..." Meagan paused, sighing slightly, "Ceremony. I had them prepare an appropriate outfit for you. Fair warning you'll be treated like, well, one part dignitary and one part royalty. Fortunately, it's only for four days. After that, I hope we can spend a day or two together before you leave."

Reaching the main level where the living quarters were, "It should quiet down a little after that. If it doesn't, well, you don't have to stay for it. Or at least you don't have to deal with it." Meagan then showed him the large bedroom she had set up for both of them, decorating it with a mix of styles that she hoped he'd be comfortable in.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sasheem bows once more, respectfully, before leaping in the air. He quickly assessed that flying wouldn't be an option here and instead landed on one the caverns walls and began running alongside it to keep his momentum as he chased the Guardian through the web covered darkness of the cave.

The Majin was careful to avoid stepping on any of these giant webs for now as he had no idea just how powerful they'd be if one ensnared him. For now he'd continue running alongside the wall...Sasheem closed his eyes...there was nothing he could sense. Whatever properties this cave held it seemed to dampen certain abilities.

Sasheem smirked. It'd be no matter. He didn't need to fly or sense the Guardian's ki to catch the armored bastard. He kept his eyes closed, if he could barely see, he might as well listen and feel around him.

The only problem with his method lay in the webs...again, not a problem. Sasheem powered up briefly and emitted a wave of non-offensive energy from his body, causing the massive webs to sway back and forth alerting him as to where they were. Whenever he located one of the webs ahead of him, he spat a wave of Venom Mist at it to try and dissolve it. All while listening intently for any odd sound that lay ahead in the darkness.
    The Venom mist eats away at the webs, but they quickly seem to reform thicker than before.

Sasheem has no warning before a kick sends him flying back towards the group.

The Guardian stands balanced on the thinnest strand of webbing, arms crossed. He hadn’t even made a sound.

“Clever, but without flight and without senses, you need your eyes. Clever, walking on the walls. Foolish, thinking my form belated a lack of speed though.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She knew they had a time limit, but not that there was an additional time limit on who long they had to resurrect more than one person.

If we had our own dragonballs, then I wouldn't have to abuse these ones.

They had a Namekian as their first guardian. Maybe he made a set of balls. It was worth looking into, she guessed.

"Fine."

She agreed to those terms, and would return in eleven months to make the wish. It would be the last time she'd come to Earth for this purpose, regardless of whether or not Vocado had it's own dragonballs or not.

She fell silent, gazing down at the table as her fingers fiddled with each other on her lap. "Hey Eva?" she spoke after some time. "You said you went to HFIL with Jack to get those fruits, right? What's it like there?"

She was sure HFIL was the official name for Hell. That was where Parsley ended up. She was sure of it. Despite the good things she had done recently, she had done too many bad things, hurt too many innocent people to be able to enjoy her brief stay in the afterlife.

The fact that it even existed was a shock.
    “They can be used again, just make sure it’s important is all. Now, as to HFIL.....it depends on where you go. The barren lands are....lonely and boring, most of the time. Barren, more a purgatory then one of the punishment hells. Those places are far worse.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Just as he said, Sasheem leaped into action, though who could determine if it was to prove his fealty or simply for spite to seize the prize before him? For the moment, regardless he did as Zaofan had bid him, and he was content to observe his methods.

"Look closely, Zao," he said. "This is the method of the Snake."

Far from limited to just the ground and brush, he saw Sasheem use the ancient crannies of the chamber wall as a a point of contact as he mount his way forward. He seemed to forge ahead into the veil of webs unimpeded.

The Venom mist eats away at the webs, but they quickly seem to reform thicker than before.

The Guardian stands balanced on the thinnest strand of webbing, arms crossed. He hadn’t even made a sound.

“Clever, but without flight and without senses, you need your eyes. Clever, walking on the walls. Foolish, thinking my form belated a lack of speed though.”
    Reaching out, Ochazuke caught Sasheem and set him roughly back upon the ground.

"...a question, Majin," he spoke. "Why do you think we're here?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-27-2018 at 11:31 AM.

“They can be used again, just make sure it’s important is all. Now, as to HFIL.....it depends on where you go. The barren lands are....lonely and boring, most of the time. Barren, more a purgatory then one of the punishment hells. Those places are far worse.”
    Lonely and boring was exactly how she thought a place where one just waited forever was like. Just floating around, waiting and waiting and waiting. For what? Who knew? It wasn't like a ghost could die, after all. She supposed they just waited forever and ever. "Honestly, purgatory sounds more like hell to me. What are the punishment hells like?" Better, she supposed. At least something happened, even if it was the worst possible thing.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Aaaaarrrgggghh!!" Sasheem shouted as he felt the impact of the kick hit his chest and send him rocketing forward. It arrived so swiftly that he didn't even have time to activate Katchin mode.

As he flew back he' heard the Guardian praise and berate him. So he'd have to use his eyes....in this dark cavern?! Easier said than done...

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Just as he said, Sasheem leaped into action, though who could determine if it was to prove his fealty or simply for spite to seize the prize before him? For the moment, regardless he did as Zaofan had bid him, and he was content to observe his methods.

"Look closely, Zao," he said. "This is the method of the Snake."

Far from limited to just the ground and brush, he saw Sasheem use the ancient crannies of the chamber wall as a a point of contact as he mount his way forward. He seemed to forge ahead into the veil of webs unimpeded.

Reaching out, Ochazuke caught Sasheem and set him roughly back upon the ground.

"...a question, Majin," he spoke. "Why do you think we're here?"
    Plopping to the ground with a thud, Sasheem managed to utter a mufled but still notably irritable, "Thanks..." his face planted on the temple floor. Peeling himself off the ground, he soon brushed himself off and glanced at the disciple of the Crane school. "And Sasheem figured...to seek out and recover these martial arts forgotten even by history?" He shrugged. "Something about the Five Schools bein' one at some point along with all these lost schools...blah, blah. Basically you wanna restore these scattered and divided sects to their former glory and make 'em whole again, is that it?"

"Aaaaarrrgggghh!!" Sasheem shouted as he felt the impact of the kick hit his chest and send him rocketing forward. It arrived so swiftly that he didn't even have time to activate Katchin mode.

As he flew back he' heard the Guardian praise and berate him. So he'd have to use his eyes....in this dark cavern?! Easier said than done...

Plopping to the ground with a thud, Sasheem managed to utter a mufled but still notably irritable, "Thanks..." his face planted on the temple floor. Peeling himself off the ground, he soon brushed himself off and glanced at the disciple of the Crane school. "And Sasheem figured...to seek out and recover these martial arts forgotten even by history?" He shrugged. "Something about the Five Schools bein' one at some point along with all these lost schools...blah, blah. Basically you wanna restore these scattered and divided sects to their former glory and make 'em whole again, is that it?"
    An impassive expression fell on Ochazuke's face, even as his eyes examined Sasheem's condition, then moves to study the breadth between them and the Guardian. "To think you were one of the Five as I was," he muttered, "you've forgotten entirely what that means."

Though he would be loathe to admit it, as the years fell away and the decline continued, there was little virtue to the esteem of the Five. This gibbering destroyer may be the purest expression of that late, doomed conceit.

Ochazuke moved to a strand of the webbing across the gulf and plucked at it. His eyes were relaxed, but ready. Same as that night Sasheem had struck them blind and they had nearly killed each other for no reason.

"Glory has nothing to do with this, that is entirely a vain purpose," he said, "If that would be all, then the Greater Annihilator needs nothing of this, for it seems you've already decided where your summit ends."

Studying the web, he observed the effect as it carried across the strands that stretched across the darkness toward the Shrine Guardian and the crest laid upon his brow.