Page 385 of 782 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ochazuke, observing the strands, he sees a faint pulse of fine, delicate ki running through the webs. Where it pulses, one could walk freely without being stuck.

He also observes that the webs act as a warning system tobthe Guardian on their movements.

Said Guardian starts moving from his position, faint traces of ki flitting into the air from his form, weighing the place down , preventing flight and sensing.
    Hmm...I see.... Ochazuke gripped the line tighter, and through contact continuing his study of this technique. Two actions, all angles. Truly a masterwork.

He conveyed this information to his companions immediately. "If we wish to meet him, we will have to fight this battle on his terms."

Gathering energy in his hand, he test the web's reaction as he sent a pulse of his own energy through it.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Nearly two weeks later, as she is preparing for her diplomatic trip to Vocado, Meagan receives word that Princess Parsley was murdered. Hearing that made her heart sink. She immediately crafted a message to Queen Sarada, offering her condolences.
    The word regarding Parsley death spread more quickly than Sarada anticipated. Just a few days later, she was receiving scores of condolences from different world leaders. One such condolence was sent from Meagan, who was the newly appointed Guardian of Chroma. While it was touching, Sarada felt a wave of realization wash over her.

She had forgotten all about the visit she and Meagan agreed to weeks ago. It was, if she remembered correctly - and a brief glance at her calendar confirmed it - it was coming up in the next few days. To say she wasn't ready for any sort of diplomatic business was an understatement. It's not like this is a reminder of anything, she reasoned. And it wasn't. It was simply a friend contacting her to say she was sorry to hear about her sister's death.

With a sigh, she summoned Pois and had her take the dictation of a response. It said,

"Dear Meagan,

I just received your message and it was much appreciated. As you can imagine, now is a very hard time for me and my family. Parsley's capture and death has weighed heavily on me and I'm still trying to parse through everything. As such, I need to postpone your visit for a few days. Her funeral is coming up, plus the investigation into Turrip's attack and the Tuffle's attempt attacks on two other planets are still ongoing and need my attention. Once those have been squared away, then I can have you over for diplomatic talks.

I hope this doesn't inconvenience you in anyway.

Sincerest Regards,

Queen Sarada."

She sent that message off immediately, then sighed and sat back in the chair she was sitting in. No rest for the weary, it seems.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Hmm...I see.... Ochazuke gripped the line tighter, and through contact continuing his study of this technique. Two actions, all angles. Truly a masterwork.

He conveyed this information to his companions immediately. "If we wish to meet him, we will have to fight this battle on his terms."

Gathering energy in his hand, he test the web's reaction as he sent a pulse of his own energy through it.

It seems to balance out, making it safe to step upon.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Eva looks at Sarada a bit before continuing.

“Some of the punishment hells are....cruel. They hurt people on a spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical level. Some just leave you in darkness. So make you face your fears, your failures, every day. Some...some are worse.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

after showing Jinzi Mr. Gazakai and the blue prints to the Quantum Goble Hyper Mind Control Network . Qaztoh hands Jinzi the blue prints saying " I suggest that these blue prints be destroy ." " no good can come from such a device." " I'll demonstrate 98 of my inventions don't worry none of them are weapons ."

"I wouldn't be making weapons anyways I'm a pacifist for now." " as I'm sure the people on this planet will have effect on me just like they did Praxat ." " I'll use spare room to set up as my own personal laboratory workstation. " " even when I was with the Stratovarius Buccaneers on their space ship I had my own personal laboratory workstation, and thanks to my Jobox this laboratory workstation of mine is portable."

" besides my question to how to a go to show case my inventions?" "another question I have is how much to I get paid." " also one year from now I will take back the Toadian Kingdom from Killrog and take my rightful place as Queen!" " however before than I'll be working here."

" I also plan to have diplomatic talks with this planet's ruler to establish an Qacriea and Earth alliance ." " it will be the first step of hopefully many alliances to come." " my mother's problem as a ruler beside be an insufferable overly arrogant person. " " was the fact that she isolated the Toadian Kingdom and cut of ties to any alliances the kingdom could have had."

" that and she never listen to anyone but herself." " if we had allies and if she just had listen to me, father , my siblings , the royal servants Praxat and her family." " the Toadian Kingdom wouldn't have fallen into Killrog's hands, and my father and siblings would still be alive."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-27-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Eva looks at Sarada a bit before continuing.

“Some of the punishment hells are....cruel. They hurt people on a spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical level. Some just leave you in darkness. So make you face your fears, your failures, every day. Some...some are worse.”
    Alright. Those sounded... much worse than simply waiting forever. Being faced with her fears and failures every day for the rest of eternity or until someone found it within themselves to wish her back sounded like the worst thing imaginable. She couldn't even imagine what it would be like to actually face it.

"I see."

If her reaction to losing the Tournament was any indication, Parsley didn't take failure well. And why would she? She was used to doing exactly what she intended to do. In fact, her loss to Sarada was the first major loss she had suffered probably in her entire life. If what Eva mentioned was the fate she had in store for her... punishment hell indeed.

"I won't ask about the worst hells," she responded. "...as long as my sister comes back with a new outlook, then maybe being in hell will do her some good." She supposed. Or it would make her so embittered that not even Avoca could have broken her out of it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The word regarding Parsley death spread more quickly than Sarada anticipated. Just a few days later, she was receiving scores of condolences from different world leaders. One such condolence was sent from Meagan, who was the newly appointed Guardian of Chroma. While it was touching, Sarada felt a wave of realization wash over her.

She had forgotten all about the visit she and Meagan agreed to weeks ago. It was, if she remembered correctly - and a brief glance at her calendar confirmed it - it was coming up in the next few days. To say she wasn't ready for any sort of diplomatic business was an understatement. It's not like this is a reminder of anything, she reasoned. And it wasn't. It was simply a friend contacting her to say she was sorry to hear about her sister's death.

With a sigh, she summoned Pois and had her take the dictation of a response. It said,

"Dear Meagan,

I just received your message and it was much appreciated. As you can imagine, now is a very hard time for me and my family. Parsley's capture and death has weighed heavily on me and I'm still trying to parse through everything. As such, I need to postpone your visit for a few days. Her funeral is coming up, plus the investigation into Turrip's attack and the Tuffle's attempt attacks on two other planets are still ongoing and need my attention. Once those have been squared away, then I can have you over for diplomatic talks.

I hope this doesn't inconvenience you in anyway.

Sincerest Regards,

Queen Sarada."

She sent that message off immediately, then sighed and sat back in the chair she was sitting in. No rest for the weary, it seems.
    Receiving the message, it was not unexpected. Meagan had hoped that Sarada would be honest with her about this.

Sitting at the writing desk in her bedroom, Meagan wrote a reply

Dear Queen Sarada,

Along with my sympathy, you have my patience and understanding. Take as much time as you and your family need. When such a time comes that you feel up for company, even if it comes wrapped in a diplomatic cloth, then contact me. I will ensure that the government officials and diplomats are informed of this postponement so that they will not trouble you in your time of mourning.

Until then, if there is any assistance I or my people may provide to you and yours, all you need to do is ask.

Sincerest Regards,

Lady Meagan
    Guardian of Chroma

Within the day, the message was sent off to Vocado and the Politicians were informed. There was some discussion over this, but Meagan put her foot down on the subject. Considering that she was powerful enough to make the Nagadarr Invasion look like a school yard rumble, they quickly acquiesced to her decision.

With that taken care of, Meagan returned to the temple. Her heart heavy, she found that keeping busy with her training and with the projects she worked on to be enough to keep her distracted for now.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It seems to balance out, making it safe to step upon.
    "The Guardian controls the field. His test is one of the resolve to move ahead in spite of it." he said. "See the space on the thread where it glimmers? It pulses and you may pass upon it. Yet I suspect that is also how he'll mark his targets."

Exhaling quietly, Ochazuke released his grip on the one thread.

"The medium is the message. Keep your eyes open. "

Then he struck out his hand before him, and with a sharp kiai he shook a series of the threads in a bid to momentarily shock the Guardian's senses.

"Go!" He seized upon two webs, coursing energy to make a direct road across to the Spider at the centre. "Now!"

Ochazuke's frame shift silently under the duress of a chuckle. "We know well those who have attained power guard it jealously for fear that they shall lose it," he replied. "Honours are conferred where they can afforded, but among the desperate..."

His head tilt softly in Sasheem's direction. "...fear is stronger than reason, and so the serpent had swallowed itself."

"Millennia of souls, generation-bound to trade esteem for violence. You've seen what happens upon that course," he continued. "If we of the Five Schools end up with nothing left but killers then, can we say the Majin is truly in the wrong?"
    Sasheem pondered this statement for a bit, before nodding smugly. He wasn't entirely sure it was referring to him in a positive light, but he'd take it! ...If only to be obnoxious about it. "See, things would go a lot smoother if people recognized Sasheem was right more often!" He chimed in.

"What, on the web?!" Sasheem exclaimed, glancing around. There wasn't much else to go on unless the chasm below contained some sort of invisible platforms. Plus if this was a trick and they simply got stuck on the webs it shpuldnt be too hard for any of them to free themselves. Still, they were challenging a master using his own methods on his own turf. Sasheem smiled slightly. Defeating the Guardian at his own game would make a win all the he more satisfying. "Well...if there ain't any other way..." he stayed rolling his arm and cracking his neck. "We all all going in at once this time or what...?"

"The Guardian controls the field. His test is one of the resolve to move ahead in spite of it." he said. "See the space on the thread where it glimmers? It pulses and you may pass upon it. Yet I suspect that is also how he'll mark his targets."

Then he struck out his hand before him, and with a sharp kiai he shook a series of the threads in a bid to momentarily shock the Guardian's senses.

"Go!" He seized upon two webs, coursing energy to make a direct road across to the Spider at the centre. "Now!"
    "Hmph. Guess that answers that..." Sasheem frowned, activating his Naga Palm, letting the extra arms sprout forth as he leaped upon the webs, stretching his seven arms and striking various points on the web to further confuse the Guardian.

The Guardian does pause, monitoring the webs and trying to read them.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The armor held against the attack, though there were signs of distortion of the metal. The Sub-Commander staggered back from the impact, yet still was able to reach out and grab Charco by the neck with massive, plated hands. An attack like this would have snapped the neck of nearly anyone else. Charco, however, proved to be too tough. An Aura suddenly surrounded the Sub-Commander as he resorted to using Ki to enhance his already massive strength.
    Just remember, I'm always here for you...

He wasn't sure which part of Rex's words annoyed him more; the fact that he was trying to prey on him during an opportunity of weakness or that he considered Charco weak enough to try it so early in this fight. The specter's assistance wasn't needed! Charco would overcome the Nagadarr on his own merits, not by auctioning off his body for power!

Funneling some of his chi into his fingertips, he dug those Terrible Claws into the wrists of the Sub-Commander. While at first, this might have appeared to be an attempt to slice through those heavily plated gauntlets, this assumption would be quickly corrected. Charco wasn't attempting to cut through those hands that seized him, he was ensuring that the Nagadarr was bound to him. Drawing in the appropriate amounts of chi into his lungs it would mix with what limited supply of air he was able to scrounge from the restrictions posed by the Sub-Commander's grip.

Letting loose a roar of defiance, the chi exiting from his lungs turned into ki that rippled the air from the sheer force of its volume as the blast of energy, sound, and pressure struck the Sub-Commander directly.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 10-27-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Hmph. Guess that answers that..." Sasheem frowned, activating his Naga Palm, letting the extra arms sprout forth as he leaped upon the webs, stretching his seven arms and striking various points on the web to further confuse the Guardian.
    Using Bojack as an extension, Zaofan stretches himself from toes to the tip of the bo staff, strumming along the webs like a giant cello, hoping to disorient the guardian even further. Hopefully he'll create an opening for the others to exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Using Bojack as an extension, Zaofan stretches himself from toes to the tip of the bo staff, strumming along the webs like a giant cello, hoping to disorient the guardian even further. Hopefully he'll create an opening for the others to exploit.
    Having shocked two strands of the web to his momentary control, Ochazuke, seeing his companions strike elsewhere and the effect it had on the Guardian's senses, seized upon the momentary opening as he stepped off the edge and into their opponent's territory.

Applying the technique on the web had worked, now he would use it to augment his footwork while maintaining a foothold as he moved across the weblines. With precarious balance he maintained his balance over the shift and sway, through contact feeling the broken rhythm struck upon the long silken cords, pacing in time, moving gradually forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    after showing Jinzi Mr. Gazakai and the blue prints to the Quantum Goble Hyper Mind Control Network . Qaztoh hands Jinzi the blue prints saying " I suggest that these blue prints be destroy ." " no good can come from such a device." " I'll demonstrate 98 of my inventions don't worry none of them are weapons ."

"I wouldn't be making weapons anyways I'm a pacifist for now." " as I'm sure the people on this planet will have effect on me just like they did Praxat ." " I'll use spare room to set up as my own personal laboratory workstation. " " even when I was with the Stratovarius Buccaneers on their space ship I had my own personal laboratory workstation, and thanks to my Jobox this laboratory workstation of mine is portable."

" besides my question to how to a go to show case my inventions?" "another question I have is how much to I get paid." " also one year from now I will take back the Toadian Kingdom from Killrog and take my rightful place as Queen!" " however before than I'll be working here."

" I also plan to have diplomatic talks with this planet's ruler to establish an Qacriea and Earth alliance ." " it will be the first step of hopefully many alliances to come." " my mother's problem as a ruler beside be an insufferable overly arrogant person. " " was the fact that she isolated the Toadian Kingdom and cut of ties to any alliances the kingdom could have had."

" that and she never listen to anyone but herself." " if we had allies and if she just had listen to me, father , my siblings , the royal servants Praxat and her family." " the Toadian Kingdom wouldn't have fallen into Killrog's hands, and my father and siblings would still be alive."
    Qaztoh pauses for a few minuets then idea pops in her mind as she says to Jinzi " would you mind if I demonstrated my inventions right here?" "I'm not entirely here at Capsule Corp just to work." " I'm also here to establish an alliance ." " cause once I regain back the Toadian Kingdom from Killrog ."

" I will reestablish Toadian Kingdom's Department of Science & Technology . " " right now Toadian Kingdom doesn't have a department of science and technology because my mother abolished it in favor of doing everything herself." " the goal of this reestablish Department of Science & Technology will be to improve the lives of my people." " as part of this goal I plan on making an science & technology corporation for my people that will focuses on making goods."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.