Page 394 of 782 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The ruins remained silent, in the face Sarada's hurled insults.

When she lifted off the ground and began to gather Ki into her hands however, she'd feel pinpricks as a small river of sand seemed to fall directly onto her head; and then it got ... weird. The sand seemed to move with a purpose, and once enough of it had landed on her, it seemed to solidify and a 'hand' wrapped around her ankles. A moment later and she was violently yanked from her perch and slammed into the ruins some distance below.

The damage was negligible, the ruins were old and the Saiyan quite a bit more durable ... yet it was obvious whatever was out there was not wholly ... benign.
    First, Sarada felt the sane crawling on her head. At first, she thought it was just some granules dropping off her of from when she landed on the sandy ground below. Only when it started to sift and shift into a hand with which to grab and toss her did she realize what was happening. Some kind of sand manipulator?! she thought, even as she was tossed into the ground and landed in the broken ruins.

Yes, that was definitely the case.

In that case, the only way to eliminate this being's advantage was the get rid of the desert. The only way to do that... hehehe. 'Meagan, move.' That was the only warning the Chromakai Guardian received. Several seconds later, whether she heeded it or not, Sarada charged the energy she had gather before and cycled it into her fingers. Then,

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Impressive. Well, go ahead and set up in a lab. In a few days we can have an exhibition of your technology if you’d like.”
    Qaztoh replies to this saying " thanks." " yeah that would be nice. " " I'll get to work on making Mark II version of my teleporter and fixing Mr. Gazakai tomorrow." " right now I should do anything but rest."

" a man name Kai recently cure me of a drug addiction I had and show me meditation to help me relax." " I'm still going though withdrawal right now." " the frequently violent shakes my body is having is just going to make it too difficult for me to do my work." " I should be fine by tomorrow that's what Kai said anyways."

" by the way I never ask any one this, but Praxat seems quite different from when she left my home world 5 years ago, and I'm not just stalking about her physique." '"her attitude seems different she's not a Absolute pacifist anymore ." " her attitude is currently more inline with how ancient Toadians acting before Zykona show up to my home planet and establish absolute pacifism ."

" so why the change?" " was it because she was here on earth for so long?" " is because she's no longer bring brainwash by Zykona like the rest of my kind?"
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    First, Sarada felt the sane crawling on her head. At first, she thought it was just some granules dropping off her of from when she landed on the sandy ground below. Only when it started to sift and shift into a hand with which to grab and toss her did she realize what was happening. Some kind of sand manipulator?! she thought, even as she was tossed into the ground and landed in the broken ruins.

Yes, that was definitely the case.

In that case, the only way to eliminate this being's advantage was the get rid of the desert. The only way to do that... hehehe. 'Meagan, move.' That was the only warning the Chromakai Guardian received. Several seconds later, whether she heeded it or not, Sarada charged the energy she had gather before and cycled it into her fingers. Then,

Meagan's speed and defenses were enough to evade Sarada's attack. The distraction was enough for her to lose sight of the one, or ones behind these attacks. She had no desire to destroy them, but that decision shall be theirs if they continued their attacks. Perhaps their only goal is to slow them down, perhaps they are acting defensively.

She would give them one chance to come forward. Calling out to them both in words and telepathically, "Hiding will not protect you. It will also not stop us from our purpose. Come out and face us. Speak with us, or risk being destroyed."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan briefly laughs and smiles with Sasheem for their shared, hard-earned victory, before remembering that, no, this is Sasheem we're talking about.

The sense of brotherhood and teamwork that flashed in Zaofan's eyes evaporates almost as quickly as it manifested. His face returns to stone, before returning his attention back to Ochazuke, a vain attempt to feign ignorance of Sasheem's presence. "So, brother. Well met! We're almost there to the goal. Knowledge that deserves to be preserved. Knowledge that deserves to live on."
    Using Naga Palm, Sasheem gave all his comrades a cheerful pat on the back, before returning to his normal pair of arms. Turning ot Zaofan, he asked, "What's with the long face brother?" he asked. "We all worked together to conquer this challenge! No need to llok so grumpy!"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    When the Guardian decided to bestow his gifts, he heard him dispense with them, paying close attention. They had come far in combating the threats through this universe and beyond, but the reminder of the history that befell those who would protect the earth from the Eye of Auroc, and all that had transpired in the arduous moments within this shrine made him painfully aware of a fretful notion. Though he longed to end the feud, resolve the senseless conflict of yesteryear's enemies, those who portended to be today's allies could easily turn on a whim.

"It suits you," he said simply to Sasheem.
    "See that's what Sasheem's talkin' about!" Sasheem stated, nodding to Ochazuke in recognition, holding out a fist for the human to bump. "The legacy of the Spider-School lives on in us!"

"Heh, not well enough."

So absorbed in trying to discern the nature of the Spider's technique, he'd fallen open to a heedless stoke upon the web. Were it not for a moment's caution, everything would have ended then and there for him. He removed his headband, and folded between his wrapped hands, a film of cold sweat fell shortly in droplets.

"Three more yet remain, and time is short."
    "Three more, right, right..." Sasheem, put a hand to his chin and nodded, sagely. Or as sagely as an extremely violent creature such as he could attempt to be. "When we going after those?"

Retired Overlord

The kitchen now sat quiet again, save for the bubbling of the stew pots and the sizzling of cooking food. Etrina had left the door partly open on her way out, more so in haste then any other reason, but a few moments afterwards the door slowly swung inward, finally snapping close with a sudden brute force that would startle one not expecting it.

Perhaps it had been a trick of the wind, or the heat in the air....

Then, a quiet rapping against the outside of the door could be heard....like a small hand carefully tapping itself against the wood.

-------

Etrina had already made her way well past the dining room and was quickly passing by her study on the way towards the back exit to her home. Erosa would more then likely be out in the garden, and her newfound senses for detecting energy told her someone else had just recently arrived...and while she wasn't as used to determining people via their general presence of power, there was never any denying when Asha'rah was nearby. In a way....If it was indeed her, the presence of the goddess might be just what was needed. The two did infact seem to share some form of new kinship....and the Id might react more when it came from the lot of them together then just Etrina.

In a way, the party was starting to look like an informal intervention.....not her original intend, but perhaps it was needed now more then ever.

"My dear daughter....I'm so very dissipointed to you."

Etrina froze at the door to her study, just beyond which a figure sat in her chair before the fireplace inside, swishing around a glass of wine and looking as if he had been waiting for her to pass by all day.

"Come in, Let your father get a good look at you..."

Etrina, swallowed. ".....I...I think I'd rather not..."

"Not even on your birthday? I'm afraid...I must insist...." Etrina felt a hand on her shoulder, almost immediately her body froze beyond her ability to move it. A flash of blue hair and Chronas smile revealed everything she needed to know.

"Bring her in.....Let met get a good look at you." Aidan Stoltengarde took a sip of his wine and welcomed his distant daughter with a cruel smile.

In the immediate aftermath the sands of the desert find themselves turned to glass from the heat and force of the blast; the shockwave rippling across Tatenen's surface such that the whole planet trembled slightly.

When it was over, nary a sound, nor sense could be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan's speed and defenses were enough to evade Sarada's attack. The distraction was enough for her to lose sight of the one, or ones behind these attacks. She had no desire to destroy them, but that decision shall be theirs if they continued their attacks. Perhaps their only goal is to slow them down, perhaps they are acting defensively.

She would give them one chance to come forward. Calling out to them both in words and telepathically, "Hiding will not protect you. It will also not stop us from our purpose. Come out and face us. Speak with us, or risk being destroyed."
    Meagan gets no response.

It would seem that Sarada had succeeded in destroying whatever it was that had been messing with them. After a moment however, Meagan would be able to pick up on Ishtar's trail, still to the South-West, though without a hovercar they would either have to fly or travel on foot. That they knew now at least, they were not alone on this planet ... was at least of some benefit.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Her eyes went wide, "I know just the place!" She grabbed his hand and they teleported to a restaurant. An underwater restaurant
    Unlike the disorientation the Pendulum Room gave upon shifting time and space, Cyanna's ability appeared to be far too instantaneous for any negative effects. Glancing around, Charco found the two of them in a rather fancy restaurant beneath a body of water, although it was impossible to tell where they were just by looking out the reinforced windows into the blue depths.

"Well, if the food is half as good as the environment, then this is definitely a treat." He eventually said in response to Cyanna's choice of dining.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    In the immediate aftermath the sands of the desert find themselves turned to glass from the heat and force of the blast; the shockwave rippling across Tatenen's surface such that the whole planet trembled slightly.

When it was over, nary a sound, nor sense could be found.

Meagan gets no response.

It would seem that Sarada had succeeded in destroying whatever it was that had been messing with them. After a moment however, Meagan would be able to pick up on Ishtar's trail, still to the South-West, though without a hovercar they would either have to fly or travel on foot. That they knew now at least, they were not alone on this planet ... was at least of some benefit.
    Sarada smirked triumphantly as she beheld her handiwork. Not only had this damned desert been reduced to shiny glass, but their assailant had been killed in the process. Whatever information it may have had was considered useless the moment it decided to attack them instead of simply confronting them like a being with common sense would do.

Oh, well.

It didn't matter in the end. As long as they reached Ishtar in time, it was fine.

"Let's keep moving," she said to Meagan. "Tch." Her car was destroyed, so they had no choice but to fly. While that would undoubtedly attract more attention, it was the only viable option. Going on foot would take too long, and thus was out of the question. "Looks like we have to fly from here." Her aura surrounded her before she shot through the sky, heading south-west toward Ishtar's signature.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Meanwhile ...

Several days had come and gone since Ishtar had met with the Archon of Criostalach, and with the Archons of Gaoth and Uisce working in tandem -- offering up a Second Wind, and Waters of Life respectively -- the Oni had been able to recover swiftly; save for her all but severed arm.

Yet it would have to do.

The time had come at least for her 'meeting' with the Archon of Lasair -- referred to multiple times, curiously, as the Youngest -- and despite how she felt, both physically and mentally, she had already agreed; and even if she hadn't she wouldn't have been able to decline. As she prepared, however, or at the very least made ready to go and meet this ... justifiably aggrieved Elemanti there came a commotion that was of some fleeting interest: an Earthquake. Though from the way the Archon who had been tending her reacted, perhaps it was something more. A thing at the least that was confirmed when the Eldest appeared before her, the otherwise expressionless mask it sported replaced by something at least partially expressive.

When she spoke it was made known why.

<It would seem that the Gaineamh, and Cloch are reporting ... losses. Given that you are our most recent -- and only -- visitor in five thousand solar cycles ... I would ask if you are aware of the cause.>

Ishtar was silent a time as she considered, before eventually shrugging her shoulders. <... I have an idea, though I was not at all expecting her. I have not heard from anyone since I arrived here. Interference, I suspect ... though I did not tell anyone, regardless, where Tatenen was; given my reason for arriving here in the first place.>

The Archon of Criostalach nodded.

The Oni had been somewhat more talkative knowing that her 'imprisonment' was merely a matter of safety, on her part. Knowing well that should she leave their care, she would find her end rather swiftly thanks to the billowing rage of the Youngest; and it had come out swiftly what she had arrived. Kin, from long ago, that had been twisted in a similar fashion as the Moonsworn ... and while there was some level of, interest at the parity, it was of greater interest that such a thing had brought the golden-eyed woman back 'home'.

Knowing that Ishtar was not lying however, the Archon simply nodded once more, before turning away.

<By my reckoning, this is an affair to be settled swiftly, then. For now, know that you shall be moved shortly to the territory of the Lasair; for the purpose of settling affairs with their Archon. I wish you ... luck.>

With that, the Eldest departed, and Ishtar finalized her preparation.

And when Ishtar finally found herself in the process of being moved, the Archon of Criostalach set about quickly to the summoning its siblings ...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Sarada smirked triumphantly as she beheld her handiwork. Not only had this damned desert been reduced to shiny glass, but their assailant had been killed in the process. Whatever information it may have had was considered useless the moment it decided to attack them instead of simply confronting them like a being with common sense would do.

Oh, well.

It didn't matter in the end. As long as they reached Ishtar in time, it was fine.

"Let's keep moving," she said to Meagan. "Tch." Her car was destroyed, so they had no choice but to fly. While that would undoubtedly attract more attention, it was the only viable option. Going on foot would take too long, and thus was out of the question. "Looks like we have to fly from here." Her aura surrounded her before she shot through the sky, heading south-west toward Ishtar's signature.
    With an almost sad sigh, Meagan's aura flared and she was soon flying side-by-side with Sarada. "If we keep going south-west, we should reach her eventually."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Unlike the disorientation the Pendulum Room gave upon shifting time and space, Cyanna's ability appeared to be far too instantaneous for any negative effects. Glancing around, Charco found the two of them in a rather fancy restaurant beneath a body of water, although it was impossible to tell where they were just by looking out the reinforced windows into the blue depths.

"Well, if the food is half as good as the environment, then this is definitely a treat." He eventually said in response to Cyanna's choice of dining.
    A waitress walked up to them holding two menus. She led them to a table close to the observatin window and placed the menus on the table. She then asked if they require anything before ordering.

Cyanna, "Just a glass of water for now, thank you." she then opened the menu and looked over the choices.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    With a gesture, Eva and Cthylla suddenly appear atop the Lookout, Kai standing nearby, Nunlil working out not far away.
    "....One more inquiry, if I am permitted." Cthylla observed her immediate surroundings curiously. "I require an unused chamber....One that can be sealed properly and that you do no plan to use for any other task for the immediate future. Is such a thing available?"

With an almost sad sigh, Meagan's aura flared and she was soon flying side-by-side with Sarada. "If we keep going south-west, we should reach her eventually."
    "Yeah." Not being able to communicate with her was making Sarada anxious. Not knowing in what condition she was in since the immense pain she suffered weeks ago - to the point of almost dying - was agitating her. That... creature or whatever it was was just a victim of her short, hair-trigger temper.

The sooner she found Ishtar and got her home, the better for all involved.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A waitress walked up to them holding two menus. She led them to a table close to the observatin window and placed the menus on the table. She then asked if they require anything before ordering.

Cyanna, "Just a glass of water for now, thank you." she then opened the menu and looked over the choices.
    "I'll just look through this for now." He replied to the waitress, not certain of what they even carried. With that said, he flipped through the few pages the menu had to offer, looking for anything familiar or interesting.

"So... where are we, exactly?" He asked Cyanna, figuring he needed to get that question out of the way.

Retired Overlord

With a quiet glance down at the cup, Cyanna thought on what Etrina said. She had heard Meagan talking about something similar once, still, this was going to take focus. Placing her hand over, but not touching the tea cup, she tried to draw in the energy and filter it through her chi, then let it flow out of her hand and into the cup. As it did, it seemed to sparkle, glitter, and spark like static.
    "....Well.....it looks like your attuned to lightening magic. This will make a good foundation for your spellcraft. Now since my teacup needs a while to lose its charge....lets work on practical application. Lightening is about quick and direct destructive power, but more then anything it requires more focus then other classes to produce the desired results. By the end of the day I want you to be able to throw a simple lightening bolt, and hit and moving target with it....."

Etrina snapped her finger and the white minitrina danced mockingly into view.

"....and here is your target. You need not worry about harming her, magicite beings absorb most magic sent there way. At most you'll give her a charge for awhile.....IF you can do it."