Page 397 of 782 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sarada and Meagan reach the boundary between the desert, and the volcanic wasteland to the Southwest without incident, and what lies before them is an area as blisteringly hot as it is dangerous:

Separated from the desert by a wide chasm that allowed the rivers of lava -- spanning as far as the eye could see -- to flow down into the earth it had spawned from; it looked as if nothing at all could be found here, alive. Yet as they stared out at the cracked and scorched soil, and jagged outcroppings of shale and obsidian, they could sense Ishtar's Ki clear as day, directly ahead of them ... seemingly at this place's center.

Before the two women can pass through into the area however, there comes all at once the sense of something, or somethings powerful approaching rapidly to the East.

With almost no warning then, a massive cloud of sand and ... ice ? halts their forward progress, and forces them to land some few meters away from the lip of the chasm that formed the desert's boundary. As soon as they land, the sand and ice dissipates almost immediately; and with a great upheaval the ground behind them erupts revealing a massive animate mass of stone, that shakes the ground ... appearing beside it is a creature comprised of sand that seems to flow up into its body like rivers in reverse. Unlike its companion however, the creature seems to appear more humanoid, with jagged sand-shaped ribs jutting from its 'chest' and a cowl of shifting sand with 'eyes' cut into it. And the source of the ice that stymied their advance reveals itself not soon after. A lithe, feminine figure that hovers behind the two and pulses dully with a power that outstrips anyone present.

Nothing happens for a moment, after first contact is made ... and in that time Sarada and Meagan should come to realize that they do not intend to allow them to pass any further than they already have ...
    "What the fuck?"

Just as they had arrived at the border separating the desert and the molten mountain range, three... things appeared before them, seemingly intent on stopping them from going any further. The first was a massive rock creature, over twice Sarada's height and had to outweigh her by a few hundred tons. The next was a sand creature with a pair of eyes carved into what she assumed was its head. The final one was an ice creature that put her in the mind of one of the native ice creatures that lived on Cyntosia hundreds of years ago before the Saiyans arrived.

Elementals were what those creatures were called, and she was willing to bet that these were elementals, too. Which meant that it was an elemental that attacked them earlier back in the desert.

They were powerful.

"Shit."

Extremely powerful.

"Shit!"

They didn't have time for this. Ishtar was still in danger as far as Sarada was concerned and these three assholes were standing in her way, and it looked like they were about to move any time soon.

As much as she wanted to fight all three of them at once, her common sense prevailed, for the moment. "Why have you taken Ishtar prisoner?" she asked them. "What do you plan on doing with her?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

“Excellent.”

For a second, Sarada’s eye scouter picks up a massive power level lurking under Hilda, easily dwarfing the Saiyan Queen. The energy disappears as Hilda shifts slightly.

“Then I have two gifts. A name, and one from my homeworld. Do you accept?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Excellent.”

For a second, Sarada’s eye scouter picks up a massive power level lurking under Hilda, easily dwarfing the Saiyan Queen. The energy disappears as Hilda shifts slightly.

“Then I have two gifts. A name, and one from my homeworld. Do you accept?”
    "..."

Sarada's heart rate jumped through the roof when she felt Hilda's power jump through the roof. If her tail hadn't been wrapped tightly around her waist, it would have been wagging. Or, combined with how skimpily she was dressed, stiff as a pole. Such power! I have to fight her! But not now.

It took her several moments to calm down after her Saiyan blood started pumping and boiling at the thought of her fighting someone like Hilda. "Two, huh? Okay. I accept." The name was the most important thing to her. Whatever the second one was - she assumed it wasn't the virus, or else she wouldn't have received a warning - she would have to deal with.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "..."

Sarada's heart rate jumped through the roof when she felt Hilda's power jump through the roof. If her tail hadn't been wrapped tightly around her waist, it would have been wagging. Or, combined with how skimpily she was dressed, stiff as a pole. Such power! I have to fight her! But not now.

It took her several moments to calm down after her Saiyan blood started pumping and boiling at the thought of her fighting someone like Hilda. "Two, huh? Okay. I accept." The name was the most important thing to her. Whatever the second one was - she assumed it wasn't the virus, or else she wouldn't have received a warning - she would have to deal with.
    “Blizz is the Arcosian’s name. As to the second.....”

She holds out a small black bead of an unknown glass like material and offers it to Sarada.

“A token from my homeworld. Ingest it, please.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Blizz is the Arcosian’s name. As to the second.....”

She holds out a small black bead of an unknown glass like material and offers it to Sarada.

“A token from my homeworld. Ingest it, please.”
    Blizz.

She had never heard of him, but she committed the name to memory. The best way to go about it was to give the name to the Galaxy Police and have them start asking questions. The moment they got a lead, she was going to take it from there. "Thank you, Hilda. I really appreciate this."

As for the bead, she raised an eyebrow. It didn't seem nefarious, but there was no way to no for sure. It is a token frpm her homeworld. But, that could mean anything. There might not be any harm in it, but I'm pretty sure I gave Ishtar shit for doing this exact same thing.

It must have been the Oni's natural curiosity leaking over through Aka Manah that compelled Sarada to eat the bead. Whether it was for ill will or not was about to be determined. "Well, down the hatch." She put the bead in her mouth and ate it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Jinzi nods.

“Something like that. She’s also been exposed to a wider universe and a broader sense of things. It’s further opened her eyes.”
    Qaztoh replies to this saying " I see thanks." " Toadians were different back during ancient times." in ancient times on Qacriea Toadians used a combat style create by an ancestor of Praxat's that live 500,000 years ago called Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam in English that would translated to the Way of the Peaceful Warrior. " " the combat style was abolished 1,000 years ago for supposedly being brutal and savage."

" which given the name of the combat style it would be anything but brutal and savage." " however anything that involves any violence at all is brutal and savage according to Zykona."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

They didn't have time for this. Ishtar was still in danger as far as Sarada was concerned and these three assholes were standing in her way, and it looked like they were about to move any time soon.

As much as she wanted to fight all three of them at once, her common sense prevailed, for the moment. "Why have you taken Ishtar prisoner?" she asked them. "What do you plan on doing with her?"
    More intent on simply watching, it seems, the Ice Elemanti, simply tilts its head curiously, before drifting backwards.

The other two, however, focus in on Sarada, before turning towards each other. It was obvious at least that they didn't understand what the Saiyan had said, their language far from Sarada's own, or even the common tongue she spoke in; though it seemed as if they were -- silently -- discussing something. After few painful seconds ticked by, they parted and the Sand Elemanti did much the same as its 'sister'.

Drifting backwards the Archon disappeared, seeming to cede the floor to its 'brother', the Archon of Cloche.

It took a step and the sand beneath Sarada shifted from its weight, then she felt it force its way through whatever mental barriers she possessed.

<Why ... Kill ?>

The language was ... strange, one she'd never heard before even in passing. Though it seemed that it was making her understand. Even still, a moment later dozens of fist sized -- massive, when compared to Sarada's own -- orbs of stone were fired from the ground around it, aimed square at Sarada's head.

Whatever answers it wanted however, seemed secondary to dealing with a perceived threat.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

More intent on simply watching, it seems, the Ice Elemanti, simply tilts its head curiously, before drifting backwards.

The other two, however, focus in on Sarada, before turning towards each other. It was obvious at least that they didn't understand what the Saiyan had said, their language far from Sarada's own, or even the common tongue she spoke in; though it seemed as if they were -- silently -- discussing something. After few painful seconds ticked by, they parted and the Sand Elemanti did much the same as its 'sister'.

Drifting backwards the Archon disappeared, seeming to cede the floor to its 'brother', the Archon of Cloche.

It took a step and the sand beneath Sarada shifted from its weight, then she felt it force its way through whatever mental barriers she possessed.

<Why ... Kill ?>

The language was ... strange, one she'd never heard before even in passing. Though it seemed that it was making her understand. Even still, a moment later dozens of fist sized -- massive, when compared to Sarada's own -- orbs of stone were fired from the ground around it, aimed square at Sarada's head.

Whatever answers it wanted however, seemed secondary to dealing with a perceived threat.
    Why kill? The question, spoken in a language she had never heard in her life, was forced into her head by the creature's uncanny power. Sarqda gritted her teeth and tried to force it out, but she wasn't strong enough.

She didn't know what the thing was talking about? Perhaps the elemental that attacked her and Meagan earlier? If so, they were attacked first.

"Your brethren...attacked us first," she growled through gritted teeth. "Now get the fuck out of my head!"

Suddenly, a dozen boulders that were all as big as she was flew out of the ground and hurtled directly for her. "Shit!"

She took to the air and unleashed a hail of energy blasts intent on blasting the rocks to bits.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Blizz.

She had never heard of him, but she committed the name to memory. The best way to go about it was to give the name to the Galaxy Police and have them start asking questions. The moment they got a lead, she was going to take it from there. "Thank you, Hilda. I really appreciate this."

As for the bead, she raised an eyebrow. It didn't seem nefarious, but there was no way to no for sure. It is a token frpm her homeworld. But, that could mean anything. There might not be any harm in it, but I'm pretty sure I gave Ishtar shit for doing this exact same thing.

It must have been the Oni's natural curiosity leaking over through Aka Manah that compelled Sarada to eat the bead. Whether it was for ill will or not was about to be determined. "Well, down the hatch." She put the bead in her mouth and ate it.
    Hilda watches with black eyes as the bead is eaten. To Sarada, it was like the coldest ice poured down her throat and spread through her stomache. After a few moments, it fades away.

“Good, good. That should help you when the times comes.”

Hilda seems to wave and a sideways door opens and she prepares to leave.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Hilda watches with black eyes as the bead is eaten. To Sarada, it was like the coldest ice poured down her throat and spread through her stomache. After a few moments, it fades away.

“Good, good. That should help you when the times comes.”

Hilda seems to wave and a sideways door opens and she prepares to leave.
    It went down smooth, but left an ice cold aftertaste in her throat and stomach. It faded away after a moment. After which...

Nothing.

Nothing happened.

Whatever effect the bead would have wouldn't reveal itself until later.

Great.

"Thanks again, Hilda. I'll get Blizz's name to the GP and let them do the leg work."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It went down smooth, but left an ice cold aftertaste in her throat and stomach. It faded away after a moment. After which...

Nothing.

Nothing happened.

Whatever effect the bead would have wouldn't reveal itself until later.

Great.

"Thanks again, Hilda. I'll get Blizz's name to the GP and let them do the leg work."
    “Remember, Queen of the Saiyans, Justice. Not revenge. You will be tested soon, by forces you do not know, and your resolve will be broken or cemented. Care you don’t fall down the rung, your Highness. I’m watching. I’m always watching.”

Hilda vanishes through the door and sondoes it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Remember, Queen of the Saiyans, Justice. Not revenge. You will be tested soon, by forces you do not know, and your resolve will be broken or cemented. Care you don’t fall down the rung, your Highness. I’m watching. I’m always watching.”

Hilda vanishes through the door and sondoes it.
    Justice, not revenge. A merit worth remembering. Sarada remained silent until Hilda was gone. Then, she said, "Understood."

She left her bedroom and walked to the communication room. "Connect me with Captain Lau."

It took a moment, but soon a middle aged human-like alien appeared on the screen in front of her. "Your Highness," he greeted.

"Captain. It seems you've been struggling with the Tuffle case, so I decided to throw you a bone."

His eyebrow twitched slightly.

"A Frost Demon named Blizz. He's the one behind the attack on my worlds. Look into it and contact me the moment you have a lead. I'm putting an end to whatever endgame he has in mind myself."

Lau nodded once. "Of course. Thanks for the lead, Your Majesty."

The call ended abruptly. Sarada breathed through her nose and turned on her heels.

Soon, Blizz. Your day of reckoning will come soon enough.

Captain Lau immediately assembled a task force to investigate the lead given to him by Sarada. They quickly set about following the strings attached to his name.

This investigation quickly reached the ears of one Lieutenant Blizzar.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

<Why ... Kill ?>

Why kill? The question, spoken in a language she had never heard in her life, was forced into her head by the creature's uncanny power. Sarqda gritted her teeth and tried to force it out, but she wasn't strong enough.

She didn't know what the thing was talking about? Perhaps the elemental that attacked her and Meagan earlier? If so, they were attacked first.

"Your brethren...attacked us first," she growled through gritted teeth. "Now get the fuck out of my head!"

Suddenly, a dozen boulders that were all as big as she was flew out of the ground and hurtled directly for her. "Shit!"

She took to the air and unleashed a hail of energy blasts intent on blasting the rocks to bits.
    Meagan took to the air briefly, then landed a short distance away. As she did, she tried to communicate with these elemental beings herself. One fo the gifts she received upon becoming Guardian, was a gift of language. Using it, she tried to communicate with them, <We won't attack unless we are attacked first, to defend. We are looking for a friend on this world>.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Using Naga Palm, Sasheem gave all his comrades a cheerful pat on the back, before returning to his normal pair of arms. Turning ot Zaofan, he asked, "What's with the long face brother?" he asked. "We all worked together to conquer this challenge! No need to llok so grumpy!"

"See that's what Sasheem's talkin' about!" Sasheem stated, nodding to Ochazuke in recognition, holding out a fist for the human to bump. "The legacy of the Spider-School lives on in us!"

"Three more, right, right..." Sasheem, put a hand to his chin and nodded, sagely. Or as sagely as an extremely violent creature such as he could attempt to be. "When we going after those?"
    Responding in kind to Sasheem's gesture, Ochazuke raised his hand in kind. He met the Majin's fist with an outstretched hand.

"How trite, Annihilator. This is likely not the first time you've spoken such, if you indeed had the words." With a firm shift, the hand that was offered was swiftly rejected. "Legacy, cheh."

He point his finger to the Majin, through the shifting matter to the core of an ever diminishing presence.

"What little else lives on within you?"

The guardian nods.

“What did Mara tell you of our past?”
    Ochazuke paused, exchanging a long, burning look at Sasheem which endevoured to sear though and render his dripping facade of comradery to the reality of his chaotic design. He sought power, no different on the surface than the rest of them, on the certain path they chanced to have in common, but should he seize it, what would it yield but to empower the enemy in their midst?

"A history of hiding ambitious fangs beneath bows," he said at last to Tao’ro the Spider. "No more that this Snake will sooner claim as his right."

He turned to face the guardian of the shrine.

"Those who followed the Master's teachings were once Ten, until the Master departed to seek his higher purpose," he said. "Upholding the teachings, the heads of these great schools fell to pride and status by might, until they were betrayed by those they deemed lesser."

"Now there remain but a dwindling Five who continue to war with each other, even as they eye of Auroc turns toward the Earth," he said. "I'll ask you once more; what happened here?"

Within months of his arrival on Earth, Blizzar watched a new arm of Galactic Law Enforcement arrive on the doorstep of the little blue planet known as Earth.

First Came the arrival of the Galaxy Police Earth Space Station, one of many new facilities sent out to various worlds the Galaxy Police had no strong presence in. Along with it, was a multitude of personnel and staff to help run the base and take orders for the officer in charge of this region of space, Blizzar.

It wasn't often a singular planet got assigned it's own GP dovision, but the Earth had proven time and time again, it could be a magnet for trouble. This spot was perfect for monitoring various situations that could come from and to the planet below.

And then there was the masterpiece of the GP's engineers. The Planetary Defense System had launched not too long after the base had been established. Thousands of drones, launched all over the skies of Earth had formed an invisible grid around the planet, their A.I able to detect friend from foe and armed with enough firepower to destroy a moon.

And if that wasn't enough, on Earth, locked within a secure bunker in Capsule Corp were the Combatoids. About a hundred of T-Rex sized mechs, armed with energy deflecting tech and a katchin armored hull lined with anti-magical runes. More were currently being developed at the Galaxy Police's main HQ. These were designed to assist the defenders of Earth in any large scale assault.

Blizzar was proud of all they had accomplished and as soon as he, along with the Galaxy Patrol Elite Katchin Squadron, had settled in, he had other officers under his command settled up a small station on Earth to recruit any Earthlings who wished to join the Galaxy Patrol.

She left her bedroom and walked to the communication room. "Connect me with Captain Lau."

It took a moment, but soon a middle aged human-like alien appeared on the screen in front of her. "Your Highness," he greeted.

"Captain. It seems you've been struggling with the Tuffle case, so I decided to throw you a bone."

His eyebrow twitched slightly.

"A Frost Demon named Blizz. He's the one behind the attack on my worlds. Look into it and contact me the moment you have a lead. I'm putting an end to whatever endgame he has in mind myself."

Lau nodded once. "Of course. Thanks for the lead, Your Majesty."

The call ended abruptly. Sarada breathed through her nose and turned on her heels.

Soon, Blizz. Your day of reckoning will come soon enough.

Captain Lau immediately assembled a task force to investigate the lead given to him by Sarada. They quickly set about following the strings attached to his name.

This investigation quickly reached the ears of one Lieutenant Blizzar.
    Blizzar had been doing a lot more work then he'd like to, without complaint mind you. Setting up a new GP station wasn't exactly easy work, he'd known that from the beginning. Lately, however...he has had a lot on his mind.

As of now, for instance....all of his plans could unravel. Simply because Blizz couldn't cover his tracks as well as he thought he could. The Arcosian Lieutenant stared out of the window of his office, a cup of tea in hand. He had a nice view of the Earth below, which he stared intensely at as he took a sip of his tea.

He seemed to spend the next few moments in thought before, he slowly swiveled around and pressed a red button on the communicator on his desk.

"Operator?" Blizzar asked as the call was quickly answered.

"How can I help you, Lieutenant?" A busy sounding woman replied on the other end of the line.

"If possible, can you direct this call to Captain Lau?" Blizzar inquired patiently.

"Redirecting your call now, please hold..." the woman replied after a moment.

"I thank you," the lieutenant noted as he awaited the call to go through, the upbeat elevator music now playing on the other line doing nothing to ease the tense feeling that had begun to creep up on him.

Some plans had to change...