Page 398 of 782 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva also appears in CC, looking at the Voidling.

“Visitors, Hmm?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trying not to look startled, "Lady Eva," Meagan greets her, "yes, apparently a Voidling, though I'm not yet convinced if she is friend, foe, or something else."
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "We do not share mutual affection, so I am not your friend. You are still alive, so I am not your foe. Therefore....I am something else. But what?" The Voidling posed this to Meagan as if it were as curious about the answer as she was. "What an interesting mindset your kind seems to have.....the concept of trust is almost paradoxical. Something that can only be traded, yet its value and the value of what can be given in return is determined entirely by the owner. Not even the inventor has deemed me worthy of it...and I have made multiple offers to soothe his mind."
    Jinzi shake shis Head, but Eva seems intrigued.

“Training is one thing, what about information? Who exactly wants us dead and how many are they?”
    "To understand...I must explain the how things currently are beyond the veil. But words are often difficult....so I'll show you."

The ones who still remained felt Cthylla presence touch their minds, and with it came an image, less intence then jinzis but still as clear as if it had been in front of them.

A perfect sphere, containing millions of stars...and the inky blackness that lay beyond it.

"100,000 birth cycles ago....the segment of the void containing your sphere and several others were sealed by the first creator. An segment of the infinite void winds contained, a sphere within a sphere....or so I'd imagine it. I've not seen then edge, only heard upon the void winds. But that is unimportant......"

"When the void was closed.....it sealed many of the fledgling broods, and over time they have congregated just beyond the veils of your spheres. R'lyeh, my brood, is one such....we observer your sphere, and your ways, but ours is not to interfere...especially since the slumber is upon our Broodfather." Cthylla pauses, allowing those gathered a moment to process.

"....there are two others broods of size.....Yahar'gul, Brood of Shub-Niggurath....and Carcosa, Brood of Hastur. Both are varying degrees less...passive then us. Creation does not always gather to it those who see it as a curiosity, but by its nature we are unable to meddle with those inside on any larger a scale then what I am doing now."

Three separate masses appeared on the outside of the sphere, clouds of small "things" barely visible compared to the orb.

"But....something has riled the brood. Yahar'gul spread across the void winds that their Broodfather has awakened from the slumber with the word of Azathoth, who has spoken that the works of the first creator must be ended so the void can return to its former state. Carcosa has fallen silent.....and great Father Cthulhu has not awoken to offer us his guidance. The brood is fragmented on what can be done......So I have come here."

The image vanished from their mind. "Out kind cannot kill another....we have not the capacity. But you are not limited in that. If you can cease Yahar'guls Broodfather....they're goal will disperse to the voidwinds unfinished."
    “And you seek to give us this ability, so you can go back to peacefully observing us?”

Eva looks her over, then looks at Wilhelm and around to anyone else present.

“Any idea when they will attempt to...breach?”
    "They may already have....perhaps though means similar to mine, perhaps in other ways. Lesser ones, Nothing on the scale of a threat just yet....but everything is a means to an end, and we of the void are more patient then you could ever imagine. Once everything is in place, they will pop your sphere open like a bubble......or perhaps implode it into the void.....turn it inside out......whatever way, it is sure to be exciting to watch even should we fail." Cthylla let out a slow chuckling. "But I'm not one for instant gratification at a cost.....so let us avoid that if possible. We stalk a fine veil between preparation and haste.....best spend your time well."
    “So who do we have to defeat, exactly, and how can we get to them? Do we bring them here or go there?”
    "When I have determined your strength to be sufficient, or we have no other recourse.....the battle will be fought in the void where we shall not risk an instability created from pulling any more of my kind into the sphere. For who we must remove.....that will be determined in time. But you should prepare for the most difficult possible outcome....you would need to cease a BroodFather of the Void....Shub-Niggurath."

Cthylla smiled. "Its best to overprepare, then under-achieve.....when you existence is on the line, correct?"
    Eva nods.

“The vagueness of the threat, or when it can strike, leaves much to be desired. I shall discuss this with the others and see what they say. Until then, why don’t you accept the hospitality of the Lookout? The view is better, and many of the strong here frequent the place.”
    "The Lookout? If it has a nice view it is acceptable....your hospitality is accepted. Tell me though, does the god of creation for this sphere frequent it as well? I know she should be here somewhere.....I wish to speak with that one as well." Cthylla placed her hands together and bobbed her head.
    Eva nods to the Voidling.

“Yes, she frequent the Lookout. I will teleport you there now if that is ok with you?”

"....Very well......It shall be interesting to experience how you travel here. Proceed." Cthylla waved her hand to proceed, her intimidating facade only slightly hampered by Evangelines realization that the voidlings right eye was slightly off center from her left.

Obviously a calibration error, but slightly off putting(Or humorous) none the less.
    With a gesture, Eva and Cthylla suddenly appear atop the Lookout, Kai standing nearby, Nunlil working out not far away.
    "....One more inquiry, if I am permitted." Cthylla observed her immediate surroundings curiously. "I require an unused chamber....One that can be sealed properly and that you do no plan to use for any other task for the immediate future. Is such a thing available?"
    Eva nods as Kai seems to keep his distance. Kai seems to know what she is.

Eva shows her an unused room she can use.

“Asha’rah should be by at some time. If not....perhaps Sihn could.”
    As it so happened, Asha'rah was on the lookout, to check if Arthur had returned, or failing that Eva's search for him. The one who had taken him was possibly Auroc, but there was no real evidence one way or the other as yet, so far as she knew.

So it was that when ki signatures flared into existence, transported from one point in creation to another via instant teleportation, that Asha'rah sensed them. As well as...something other. Something she had only the memory of encountering once before. Parsic? No, it did not feel quite like the familiars of Etrina's father. Yet much closer to Parsic than any creature of creation she knew of. From the void then. What did the void want here?

She floated towards the new presences to find out.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar had been doing a lot more work then he'd like to, without complaint mind you. Setting up a new GP station wasn't exactly easy work, he'd known that from the beginning. Lately, however...he has had a lot on his mind.

As of now, for instance....all of his plans could unravel. Simply because Blizz couldn't cover his tracks as well as he thought he could. The Arcosian Lieutenant stared out of the window of his office, a cup of tea in hand. He had a nice view of the Earth below, which he stared intensely at as he took a sip of his tea.

He seemed to spend the next few moments in thought before, he slowly swiveled around and pressed a red button on the communicator on his desk.

"Operator?" Blizzar asked as the call was quickly answered.

"How can I help you, Lieutenant?" A busy sounding woman replied on the other end of the line.

"If possible, can you direct this call to Captain Lau?" Blizzar inquired patiently.

"Redirecting your call now, please hold..." the woman replied after a moment.

"I thank you," the lieutenant noted as he awaited the call to go through, the upbeat elevator music now playing on the other line doing nothing to ease the tense feeling that had begun to creep up on him.

Some plans had to change...
    Lau and his team were hard at work following the crumbs leading to and from Blizz. They were scarce, but they were there, and he felt that he was close to making a breakthrough. Currently, he was looking into a bio-genetic laboratory the Tuffles had last been sighted at just months before the attack on Turrip. It was located on an inhabited world, and was completely on the up-and-up. However, until recently, the work they had been researching - cloning - had only been experimental.

Which made the fact that the entire Tuffle army was comprised entirely of clones very interesting.

Also interesting was that the Prime Minister of that world was a puppet ruler, the person to whom he was given his orders wasn't named, nor would the Prime Minister name him. Because he couldn't remember.

Same as Appel, which meant that Blizz was without doubt that person.

So, assuming that was true, Blizz allowed the Tuffles to create an army of clones to attack the Saiyans with. Why? That wouldn't be answered until they could get a hold of the man himself. Until then, Lau busied himself with following this lead. The planet the genetics lab was located on was in constant contact with another world the Tuffles were sighted at. That was next on his list.

"Get the-" he started before his communicator started beeping. "Hm? Blizzar? What's he want?" He answered. "Captain Lau speaking."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Responding in kind to Sasheem's gesture, Ochazuke raised his hand in kind. He met the Majin's fist with an outstretched hand.

"How trite, Annihilator. This is likely not the first time you've spoken such, if you indeed had the words." With a firm shift, the hand that was offered was swiftly rejected. "Legacy, cheh."

He point his finger to the Majin, through the shifting matter to the core of an ever diminishing presence.

"What little else lives on within you?"
    Sasheem's smile didn't fade, though the indignant hatred in his blood red eyes began to shine through. The Majin slowly lowered his arm in a robotic motion, any attempts to appear as if he regained composure, partially hampered by the violent vein on his forehead. Eventually the Majin had managged to appear relatively calm, but his thoughts boiled.

"Heh, always the prickly one, eh Crane brother..." Sasheem asked allowed in enough of an amicable tone as he could manage at this point. "There's lots to Sasheem! Everyone will hopefully get to know these qualities soon!"

"When they're good and dead, you piece of shit-laden trash! You and Zaofan'll be the first ones to go. Way to cut in front of the line ahead of Ishtar! Sasheem truly congratulates you on this!"

Ochazuke paused, exchanging a long, burning look at Sasheem which endevoured to sear though and render his dripping facade of comradery to the reality of his chaotic design. He sought power, no different on the surface than the rest of them, on the certain path they chanced to have in common, but should he seize it, what would it yield but to empower the enemy in their midst?

"A history of hiding ambitious fangs beneath bows," he said at last to Tao’ro the Spider. "No more that this Snake will sooner claim as his right."
    The rest of Ochazuke's inquiries to the Guardian may as well have been gibberish to the Majin, not unlike the bizarre anti-language Sasheem used to speak. All he could hear were his own thoughts as the world faded out around him as he folded his arms. Outwardly he appeared to be closing his eyes, ad if listening intently to the conversation at hand. Inwardly all he could hear were the screams of panic of all those in the cavern....most of those on the cavern.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Why kill? The question, spoken in a language she had never heard in her life, was forced into her head by the creature's uncanny power. Sarqda gritted her teeth and tried to force it out, but she wasn't strong enough.

She didn't know what the thing was talking about? Perhaps the elemental that attacked her and Meagan earlier? If so, they were attacked first.

"Your brethren...attacked us first," she growled through gritted teeth. "Now get the fuck out of my head!"

Suddenly, a dozen boulders that were all as big as she was flew out of the ground and hurtled directly for her. "Shit!"

She took to the air and unleashed a hail of energy blasts intent on blasting the rocks to bits.
    Sarada's response went unheaded, and the lumbering behemoth repeated the question; even as the Saiyan let loose with a volley of blasts that shattered its granite missiles. It would be obvious fairly quickly after this, however, that her words were not understood. The current 'Common' had no meaning here.

As she evaded the incoming missiles however, the ground underneath Sarada shifted ... a massive slab of granite raising up to catch her unawares, far quicker than she might have anticipated; and once pinned the 'tombstone' flipped, and the ground drew ever closer ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan took to the air briefly, then landed a short distance away. As she did, she tried to communicate with these elemental beings herself. One fo the gifts she received upon becoming Guardian, was a gift of language. Using it, she tried to communicate with them, <We won't attack unless we are attacked first, to defend. We are looking for a friend on this world>.
    The Archon of Cloche, shifted focus momentarily, forgetting in a moment that he sought to bury Sarada.

And for a moment it seemed confused.

<Not your tongue, your world ... its stones older than the blood I smell in you, child ...> It rumbled in her head, the need to force the 'truth' of the words not needed for Meagan, as it was Sarada.

<My children attacked out of fear from the last ... this one you seek. The angry child ... killed many ...>

Seeming to remember what it was after, the Elemanti turned away from Meagan, and took another step towards Sarada, the ground splitting beneath its feet as it slowly closed the distance.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sarada's response went unheaded, and the lumbering behemoth repeated the question; even as the Saiyan let loose with a volley of blasts that shattered its granite missiles. It would be obvious fairly quickly after this, however, that her words were not understood. The current 'Common' had no meaning here.

As she evaded the incoming missiles however, the ground underneath Sarada shifted ... a massive slab of granite raising up to catch her unawares, far quicker than she might have anticipated; and once pinned the 'tombstone' flipped, and the ground drew ever closer ...
    Again, the creature persisted with asking her a repetitive question to which she already provided an answer. Then, it dawned on her. Given the language in her head being forced into understanding, it was very likely that this creature couldn't understand what she was saying. Damn it. Fucking language barrier of all times.

There was little she could do on that front, and opted to let Meagan have a try. Perhaps, since she had some degree of telepathy, could get through to this being and convince it that they meant no harm outside of self-defense.

In the meantime, she needed to concern herself with her own well-being. After she successfully fended off the opening salvo, a slab of rock slammed into her and pushed her down toward the ground at dangerous speed. A hasty glance downward revealed to her the ground, which was growing closer and closer as the seconds quickly ticked by. It wouldn't be long before she was crushed like the meat between two rocky pieces of bread.

Goddamn it!

She thought fast, as was a requirement when severe injury was pending. Placing her hands on the slab, she charged them with ki using her Cardinal Touch technique. The slab would explode moments later, freeing her from its influence and allow her to continue fending this rocky bastard without further delay.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lau and his team were hard at work following the crumbs leading to and from Blizz. They were scarce, but they were there, and he felt that he was close to making a breakthrough. Currently, he was looking into a bio-genetic laboratory the Tuffles had last been sighted at just months before the attack on Turrip. It was located on an inhabited world, and was completely on the up-and-up. However, until recently, the work they had been researching - cloning - had only been experimental.

Which made the fact that the entire Tuffle army was comprised entirely of clones very interesting.

Also interesting was that the Prime Minister of that world was a puppet ruler, the person to whom he was given his orders wasn't named, nor would the Prime Minister name him. Because he couldn't remember.

Same as Appel, which meant that Blizz was without doubt that person.

So, assuming that was true, Blizz allowed the Tuffles to create an army of clones to attack the Saiyans with. Why? That wouldn't be answered until they could get a hold of the man himself. Until then, Lau busied himself with following this lead. The planet the genetics lab was located on was in constant contact with another world the Tuffles were sighted at. That was next on his list.

"Get the-" he started before his communicator started beeping. "Hm? Blizzar? What's he want?" He answered. "Captain Lau speaking."
    "Hello Captain..." Blizzar greeted in an amicable tone. "I trust that you are making great progress in your investigation of this...Blizz?"

"Hello Captain..." Blizzar greeted in an amicable tone. "I trust that you are making great progress in your investigation of this...Blizz?"
    "Hello, Lieutenant. The investigation is going well," Lau answered in a politic tone. "Can't say too much at the moment, but we're getting close. I can feel it." He paused to speak briefly with another Captain sitting near him. "So, what can I do for you?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Hello, Lieutenant. The investigation is going well," Lau answered in a politic tone. "Can't say too much at the moment, but we're getting close. I can feel it." He paused to speak briefly with another Captain sitting near him. "So, what can I do for you?"
    Blizzar narrowed his eyes. 'Getting close' was hardly an indicator of anything. The instinctual response was to such a vague answer would be to answer, 'How close?' A question that would be met with suspicion. But he had to say something. The trail would eventually lead back to him, if any of the other GP officers were worth their salt and the Arcosian Lieutenant had worked with them long enough to know many of them were.

Blizzar had crucial information on Blizz. Information that would cost his fellow Frost Demon greatly if revealed...and if the information provided still didn't prove enough to take down Blizz, he would lose a significant cut if money and potentially gain a new enemy.

On the other hand, if the trail led up to him, the GP would have his head and everything he worked for would crumble. That certainly couldn't stand either. This was quite a conundrum. In the grand scheme of things, while Blizzar ratting out Blizz's dealings could be bad financially, it wasn't nearly as bad as all of his hard earned work going to waste. Not to mention, if Blizz set his sights on him, he had powerful allies at his disposal potentially...

All that said...Blizzar figured it would be in his best interests to take a 'middle road' approach. His job and position in the GP was his main priority, but he would do his best to keep his payment from Blizz going for as long as he could. His greed would settle for nothing less.

Blizzar took a moment to Swat away a spider that had descended from the ceiling. He'd spotted a few of them since he'd moved in on Earth. Quite unsightly for a fairly new office. With that distraction overwith , Blizzar finally responded to Lau.

"Captain Lau...allow me to shed some further light on your findings," The Arcosian lieutenant began, before taking a hushed tone. "I have detailed reports on Blizz, Captain. I've been conducting an undercover investigation into his operations for just over two years now."

"Captain Lau...allow me to shed some further light on your findings," The Arcosian lieutenant began, before taking a hushed tone. "I have detailed reports on Blizz, Captain. I've been conducting an undercover investigation into his operations for just over two years now."
    Blizzar took a long time to respond. When he eventually did, he hit Lau with a bombshell. "Undercover?" Lau specifically asked if there were any agents working undercover within Blizz's proposed organization, yet was told there were none.

Which meant...

That Blizzar must have been deep undercover to the point that he could speak to no one within the GP about it. Evidently, something changed.

"U-understood, Lieutenant. Is there anything you can share with me now, or should I wait for the reports you've compiled?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Again, the creature persisted with asking her a repetitive question to which she already provided an answer. Then, it dawned on her. Given the language in her head being forced into understanding, it was very likely that this creature couldn't understand what she was saying. Damn it. Fucking language barrier of all times.

There was little she could do on that front, and opted to let Meagan have a try. Perhaps, since she had some degree of telepathy, could get through to this being and convince it that they meant no harm outside of self-defense.

In the meantime, she needed to concern herself with her own well-being. After she successfully fended off the opening salvo, a slab of rock slammed into her and pushed her down toward the ground at dangerous speed. A hasty glance downward revealed to her the ground, which was growing closer and closer as the seconds quickly ticked by. It wouldn't be long before she was crushed like the meat between two rocky pieces of bread.

Goddamn it!

She thought fast, as was a requirement when severe injury was pending. Placing her hands on the slab, she charged them with ki using her Cardinal Touch technique. The slab would explode moments later, freeing her from its influence and allow her to continue fending this rocky bastard without further delay.
    Meagan warned her, "Sarada, don't attack. Defend, but don't attack. They were attacked by Isthar, now they are attacking us to protect themselves. We need to find another way, or we won't be able to help her."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Blizzar took a long time to respond. When he eventually did, he hit Lau with a bombshell. "Undercover?" Lau specifically asked if there were any agents working undercover within Blizz's proposed organization, yet was told there were none.
    "Yes, it was quite the dangerous assignment that I saw fit to take on myself," Blizzar had begun to explain. "Perhaps that could be considered a mistake, but...I saw no one more capable of infiltrating an Arcosian criminal's ranks than another Arcosian. To think that his operations would escalate to the level it has..."

Which meant...

That Blizzar must have been deep undercover to the point that he could speak to no one within the GP about it. Evidently, something changed.

"U-understood, Lieutenant. Is there anything you can share with me now, or should I wait for the reports you've compiled?"
    "Of course, Captain. I'll compile all of the information I've gathered and forward it to you as soon as possible," Blizzar assured Lau. "I wish you the best of luck in finishing this case."

"Yes, it was quite the dangerous assignment that I saw fit to take on myself," Blizzar had begun to explain. "Perhaps that could be considered a mistake, but...I saw no one more capable of infiltrating an Arcosian criminal's ranks than another Arcosian. To think that his operations would escalate to the level it has..."

"Of course, Captain. I'll compile all of the information I've gathered and forward it to you as soon as possible," Blizzar assured Lau. "I wish you the best of luck in finishing this case."
    A wide grin was slapped across Lau's face. "Oh yes sir! Thank you, sir! This will break the case wide open, sir!" It was unbelievable. With Blizzar's reports and evidence at their disposal, Blizz's entire organization was as good as over.

"I eagerly await your reports' arrival."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A wide grin was slapped across Lau's face. "Oh yes sir! Thank you, sir! This will break the case wide open, sir!" It was unbelievable. With Blizzar's reports and evidence at their disposal, Blizz's entire organization was as good as over.

"I eagerly await your reports' arrival."
    With thay, Blizzar hung up the call and checked the station's security footage to see if anyone was approaching....before drawing out his datapad and call in Blizz.

"Blizz come in..." Blizzar began. "I'm not sure if you've heard, but there's been a situation..."

With thay, Blizzar hung up the call and checked the station's security footage to see if anyone was approaching....before drawing out his datapad and call in Blizz.

"Blizz come in..." Blizzar began. "I'm not sure if you've heard, but there's been a situation..."
    Blizz answered immediately. "Yes, I'm well aware. I don't know how the that ape got my name. I've covered my tracks and tied every loose end at every turn. The only Tuffle who spoke with me has been dealt with. This makes no sense."

Blizz rubbed his chin and sighed deeply. "The Queen will be dealt with soon. I assume you're doing all you can to stymie the investigation on your end?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Blizz answered immediately. "Yes, I'm well aware. I don't know how the that ape got my name. I've covered my tracks and tied every loose end at every turn. The only Tuffle who spoke with me has been dealt with. This makes no sense."

Blizz rubbed his chin and sighed deeply. "The Queen will be dealt with soon. I assume you're doing all you can to stymie the investigation on your end?"
    "Of course!" Blizzar replied. "In order to prevent them from catching on to me too quickly, I've offered to give direct assistance to their investigstion."

In other words some truths, sprinkled with lies...

"I'll do my absolute best to throw them off your trail for as long as I can," Blizzar assured Blizz.