Page 399 of 782 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Of course!" Blizzar replied. "In order to prevent them from catching on to me too quickly, I've offered to give direct assistance to their investigstion."

In other words some truths, sprinkled with lies...

"I'll do my absolute best to throw them off your trail for as long as I can," Blizzar assured Blizz.
    At hearing that Blizzar was taking part in the investigation, Blizz felt nervous. "Of course. A capital idea!" No! This fool unraveling all I've worked for as soon as the heat gets too much for him is exactly what I can I'll afford. Father chose me for this great task. I can't fail!

"In that case, I have no need to worry. I'll slow my operations down a touch more a few months until the law is off my tail for good." And cut several resource that had been compromised. Damn it all! That meant the cloning lab, which become a very lucrative business asset for him.

Damn it!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    At hearing that Blizzar was taking part in the investigation, Blizz felt nervous. "Of course. A capital idea!" No! This fool unraveling all I've worked for as soon as the heat gets too much for him is exactly what I can I'll afford. Father chose me for this great task. I can't fail!

"In that case, I have no need to worry. I'll slow my operations down a touch more a few months until the law is off my tail for good." And cut several resource that had been compromised. Damn it all! That meant the cloning lab, which become a very lucrative business asset for him.

Damn it!
    "Quite unfortunate..." Blizzar spoke, in a tone that somehow indicated he was shaking his head in disappointment. "Does this, perhaps, mean that your payments will be taking a dip as well?"

Blizzar sat down and leaned back in his seat as he continued, "After all, my own job is on the line here, Blizz. If anything, to keep up my ability to throw the other investigators off the scent, I will need...a slight raise in return. It's not too much to ask, don't you think?"

"Quite unfortunate..." Blizzar spoke, in a tone that somehow indicated he was shaking his head in disappointment. "Does this, perhaps, mean that your payments will be taking a dip as well?"

Blizzar sat down and leaned back in his seat as he continued, "After all, my own job is on the line here, Blizz. If anything, to keep up my ability to throw the other investigators off the scent, I will need...a slight raise in return. It's not too much to ask, don't you think?"
    What?! This...this scoundrel has the audacity to ask for more money?!

Blizz remained calm, even though inwardly, he was livid. "While I truly appreciate the severity of your part in this situation, I hope you can appreciate that my income will be taking a... not insignificant hit over the next few months. Of course, once business picks back up, I assure you that I will pay you handsomely for your role in everything."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Responding in kind to Sasheem's gesture, Ochazuke raised his hand in kind. He met the Majin's fist with an outstretched hand.

"How trite, Annihilator. This is likely not the first time you've spoken such, if you indeed had the words." With a firm shift, the hand that was offered was swiftly rejected. "Legacy, cheh."

He point his finger to the Majin, through the shifting matter to the core of an ever diminishing presence.

"What little else lives on within you?"

Ochazuke paused, exchanging a long, burning look at Sasheem which endevoured to sear though and render his dripping facade of comradery to the reality of his chaotic design. He sought power, no different on the surface than the rest of them, on the certain path they chanced to have in common, but should he seize it, what would it yield but to empower the enemy in their midst?

"A history of hiding ambitious fangs beneath bows," he said at last to Tao’ro the Spider. "No more that this Snake will sooner claim as his right."

He turned to face the guardian of the shrine.

"Those who followed the Master's teachings were once Ten, until the Master departed to seek his higher purpose," he said. "Upholding the teachings, the heads of these great schools fell to pride and status by might, until they were betrayed by those they deemed lesser."

"Now there remain but a dwindling Five who continue to war with each other, even as they eye of Auroc turns toward the Earth," he said. "I'll ask you once more; what happened here?"
    “After they poisoned the masters of Crane, Turtle, and Dragon, replacing tgem with other likeminded individuals, the new masters struck down on the remaining five. Spider had never had many students, so they came first for me. Two attacked me, two sacked and burned the shrine, and another made sure either my students died or joined them. I managed to near cripple one, badly hurt another, but I was overwhelmed and slain. Only by spirit remains now. After you leave I intend on taking my rest, like Mara.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh replies to this saying " I see thanks." " Toadians were different back during ancient times." in ancient times on Qacriea Toadians used a combat style create by an ancestor of Praxat's that live 500,000 years ago called Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam in English that would translated to the Way of the Peaceful Warrior. " " the combat style was abolished 1,000 years ago for supposedly being brutal and savage."

" which given the name of the combat style it would be anything but brutal and savage." " however anything that involves any violence at all is brutal and savage according to Zykona."

Later Qaztoh the follow day after set up Lab in her required room at Capsule Corp . a now clean and sober Qaztoh gets to work on fixing Mr. Gazakai after an hour of meditation. first Qaztoh does a diagnostic check saying " Okay let's see what's wrong with you." during her diagnostic check Qaztoh finds Mr. Gazakai entire programing has been corrupted and unsalvageable due to a nasty virus saying " shit that's not good."

"he's infected by a virus and it's corrupted his entire programing." " hmm a better check his security system ." Qaztoh checks MR. Gazakai security system saying " this is bad his protection to stuff like viruses is almost nonexistent." " okay now checking the out put of his heat ray ."

" Qaztoh checks the output of Mr. Gazakai heat ray saying " Okay the out put of his heat ray is way too high I need to lower that." after 15 minutes have passed Qaztoh completes her diagnostic check on Mr. Gazakai saying " okay I'm going to need to wipe out his entire program and start anew." " the virus has caused too much damage " Improve his security system and adjust his heat ray. "

" hmm I made Mr. Gazakai while I was high on Juppter." " yeah that explains the reason for Mr. Gazakai poor security system which lead to him getting infect by a virus and his heat gun by faultily." " hmm I better check his internal video footage to see how exactly he got infect with this virus." Mr. Gazkai checks the video footage and sees Sonata aka Captain Stratovarius walks in on a sleeping Qaztoh saying in the footage " wow you been hard at working building that bot huh?"

" well you get some rest kid I'll finish this thing for you." " I mean how hard can building a robot really be?" " I'm sure I can do maybe." " well I'm going to give it a shot."

Sonata is show in the footage messing with Mr. Gazakai and accidently infected the robot with a virus after install additional software on it's system that had been corrupted. Qaztoh stops the footage there saying " that blockhead!" " I told him not to mess with my inventions!" " Captain Stratovarius install his damn corrupted dancing software he had into Mr. Gazakai system and that is what caused him to get this virus."

" now because of his meddling I'm going to have to wipe out Mr. Gazakai's entire program and start anew."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-05-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

What?! This...this scoundrel has the audacity to ask for more money?!

Blizz remained calm, even though inwardly, he was livid. "While I truly appreciate the severity of your part in this situation, I hope you can appreciate that my income will be taking a... not insignificant hit over the next few months. Of course, once business picks back up, I assure you that I will pay you handsomely for your role in everything."
    "...Ah, of course!" Blizzar replied cheerfully. "I'll do my best to divert my peers' attention away from you."

"As much as my...reduced salary will allow, that is."

"Ta ta for now, Blizz! And...good luck with your continued efforts. I'm sure you'll do your father proud," Blizzar smiled to himself as he hung up the call. The Arcosian lieutenant leaned forward in his seat, taking another sip of his tea. His stress was all but gone, now replaced by a feeling of exhilaration. This was a gamble that he would surely win...He would make sure of it.

"...Ah, of course!" Blizzar replied cheerfully. "I'll do my best to divert my peers' attention away from you."

"As much as my...reduced salary will allow, that is."

"Ta ta for now, Blizz! And...good luck with your continued efforts. I'm sure you'll do your father proud," Blizzar smiled to himself as he hung up the call. The Arcosian lieutenant leaned forward in his seat, taking another sip of his tea. His stress was all but gone, now replaced by a feeling of exhilaration. This was a gamble that he would surely win...He would make sure of it.
    "I certainly hope so." Blizz ended the call and leaned back in his seat. This... this is not good. The Galaxy Police are hot on my trail. Father gave me this assignment. I can't fail. I can't!

Blizz's father was not a man to be trifled with. He was a Frost Demon who, unlike many of their kind, stayed in his first form, his weakest form. Even still, he had a power level of five million. Most Frost Demons barely broke five hundred thousand in their first form. The depths of his father's power were unknown, but even he knew that it was like peering into a yawning, bottomless pit in hopes of seeing the floor.

For that reason, Blizz was too afraid to even think about what would happen to him if he was caught. He was certain Blizzar was brazen enough to dare ask for a higher payment was because he didn't know the threat his father posed not only to him, but the Galaxy Police as a whole.

No matter. The Saiyan Queen would be dealt with shortly, then he could make his move against this task force assembled to apprehend them. Hm. Perhaps leading them directly to him was the best choice.

Something to consider.

The door opened, tearing him from his thoughts. It was Sword. "Ah, Sword, good. Listen closely, I have an assignment for you."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Again, the creature persisted with asking her a repetitive question to which she already provided an answer. Then, it dawned on her. Given the language in her head being forced into understanding, it was very likely that this creature couldn't understand what she was saying. Damn it. Fucking language barrier of all times.

There was little she could do on that front, and opted to let Meagan have a try. Perhaps, since she had some degree of telepathy, could get through to this being and convince it that they meant no harm outside of self-defense.

In the meantime, she needed to concern herself with her own well-being. After she successfully fended off the opening salvo, a slab of rock slammed into her and pushed her down toward the ground at dangerous speed. A hasty glance downward revealed to her the ground, which was growing closer and closer as the seconds quickly ticked by. It wouldn't be long before she was crushed like the meat between two rocky pieces of bread.

Goddamn it!

She thought fast, as was a requirement when severe injury was pending. Placing her hands on the slab, she charged them with ki using her Cardinal Touch technique. The slab would explode moments later, freeing her from its influence and allow her to continue fending this rocky bastard without further delay.
    As Sarada freed herself, and darted away, the Archon's body groaned as its weight shifted; and in a surprising display it rapidly launched more stones of varying size, towards Sarada.

In the meantime, too, the ground several yards from where Sarada would be in moments, exploded upwards, and multiple jagged spires of black stone blocked her pathway forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan warned her, "Sarada, don't attack. Defend, but don't attack. They were attacked by Isthar, now they are attacking us to protect themselves. We need to find another way, or we won't be able to help her."
    At the same time there came a ripple of moment at Meagan's left, and a figure appeared beside her ... The Archon of Gaineamh.

Though unlike its brother, this one did not attack. It simply stared a time before its sand shifted and it decided to speak.

<How strange you are ... child of flesh. So young, and not our kin, yet you speak the tongue ...> The Archon disappeared then, and moved unseen to Meagan's right, a hand on her shoulder giving it away a moment before it reformed.

<Are you a mirage ? Or something more ... substantial. Hm, perhaps it matters little.> The Elemanti chuckled. <My ... sibling has its mind made up. Defending as she is, the Saiyan will die soon. The Archon of Cloche(Stone) may be ... slow, but its patience has already waned.>

The Archon began to fade away again, before offering a quick, parting word.

<We cannot be killed easily ... if at all. Tell the Angry Child to target its limbs. Consider this an ... olive branch of sorts. If you survive long enough ... we will speak of what has happened, and what perhaps shall be done about it.>

Vanishing as it had twice before, the Archon of Gaineamh, left Meagan then ... and given how easily it went undetected. Perhaps that was for the best.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Sarada freed herself, and darted away, the Archon's body groaned as its weight shifted; and in a surprising display it rapidly launched more stones of varying size, towards Sarada.

In the meantime, too, the ground several yards from where Sarada would be in moments, exploded upwards, and multiple jagged spires of black stone blocked her pathway forward.

At the same time there came a ripple of moment at Meagan's left, and a figure appeared beside her ... The Archon of Gaineamh.

Though unlike its brother, this one did not attack. It simply stared a time before its sand shifted and it decided to speak.

<How strange you are ... child of flesh. So young, and not our kin, yet you speak the tongue ...> The Archon disappeared then, and moved unseen to Meagan's right, a hand on her shoulder giving it away a moment before it reformed.

<Are you a mirage ? Or something more ... substantial. Hm, perhaps it matters little.> The Elemanti chuckled. <My ... sibling has its mind made up. Defending as she is, the Saiyan will die soon. The Archon of Cloche(Stone) may be ... slow, but its patience has already waned.>

The Archon began to fade away again, before offering a quick, parting word.

<We cannot be killed easily ... if at all. Tell the Angry Child to target its limbs. Consider this an ... olive branch of sorts. If you survive long enough ... we will speak of what has happened, and what perhaps shall be done about it.>

Vanishing as it had twice before, the Archon of Gaineamh, left Meagan then ... and given how easily it went undetected. Perhaps that was for the best.
    Taking this one at it's word, Meagan spoke to Sarada telepathically, "Aim for it's limbs. Disable it, cripple it for now." She was prepared to do it herself, but it was best if Sarada was the one to show restraint.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sarada took evasive action to avoid the new projectiles. This is fucking pissing me off!! She just needed to get close. If she could, then maybe she could do some damage; but all this running around and defending wasn't accomplishing anything. This thing wasn't listening to reason - that it could even understand her reasoning - and seemed dead set on killing her.

This was all wasting time. Time they needed to find and help Ishtar.

"Shit!" she cried when the jagged spires shot out of the ground. She reacted and fired a beam under her to suddenly propel herself upward to avoid the spires.

Taking this one at it's word, Meagan spoke to Sarada telepathically, "Aim for it's limbs. Disable it, cripple it for now." She was prepared to do it herself, but it was best if Sarada was the one to show restraint.
    Meagan's voice echoed in her head with some advice. Aim for the limbs.

She supposed. Nothing could stand if there was no foundation. The only problem was getting in close enough to actually try.

She breathed in and let her instincts take over. Instinctual Acuity: Reflexive Evasion The less time she spent thinking on evading, the more time she could spend focusing on disabling the rocky behemoth. Once that was done, then maybe, just maybe, these things would stop trying to stop them and move the hell aside so she could move on.

For now, she fired several energy blasts that cut through the air, then weaved around the behemoth when they got in close so it couldn't just brace itself and block them. They struck its limbs from behind, the side and even above. All to distract it from her pending approach.

OOC: Six posts remaining for Reflexive Evasion.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Doubt you were thinking about age when you made that drugged water for everyone." Etrina voice came through the still open doorway from somewhere down the hall.
    "THAT WASN'T ALCOHOL! THAT WAS CULTURE!!!"

Then again, the night of the Kava was a milestone in their relationship. Zaofan could do nothing more than stir the pot -- literally, not figuratively -- in anticipation of Erosa's big day.

All the burners were going. Some lids danced from the heat and pressure of their pots. Bowls of fruits, vegetables, and spices cluttered the island. The oven prepped several pans, side dishes and entrees alike.

"Hm, well -- maybe some champagne wouldn't hurt," he said to himself. "If Erosa's old enough to fight, if she's old enough to put her life on the line, then she's more than earned the right for some spirits. Well... that's one way to put it."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The kitchen now sat quiet again, save for the bubbling of the stew pots and the sizzling of cooking food. Etrina had left the door partly open on her way out, more so in haste then any other reason, but a few moments afterwards the door slowly swung inward, finally snapping close with a sudden brute force that would startle one not expecting it.

Perhaps it had been a trick of the wind, or the heat in the air....

Then, a quiet rapping against the outside of the door could be heard....like a small hand carefully tapping itself against the wood.
    The heat on the stoves were set to low, to let the stews bubble. The pressure cooker was off. The crock pot would need a few more hours. The oven would be cooling down. Zaofan, covered in flour and sugar, sat on a chair leaned against the wall, in a slight nap. On the table, a book of maps with the page turned to the Paoza Mountains, a course charted.

"ZzzzzZZZzzzao..."

Just then, hearing the gentle rapping at the kitchen door, Zaofan blurts out, "Roasted boar!"

Hm. He looks for the time, somewhat surprised that he dozed off in the first place. A little groggy, he goes for a glass of water. He takes a sip, but then hears the door close suddenly. "What? Who's there? Erosa, is that you?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Responding in kind to Sasheem's gesture, Ochazuke raised his hand in kind. He met the Majin's fist with an outstretched hand.

"How trite, Annihilator. This is likely not the first time you've spoken such, if you indeed had the words." With a firm shift, the hand that was offered was swiftly rejected. "Legacy, cheh."

He point his finger to the Majin, through the shifting matter to the core of an ever diminishing presence.

"What little else lives on within you?"

Ochazuke paused, exchanging a long, burning look at Sasheem which endevoured to sear though and render his dripping facade of comradery to the reality of his chaotic design. He sought power, no different on the surface than the rest of them, on the certain path they chanced to have in common, but should he seize it, what would it yield but to empower the enemy in their midst?

"A history of hiding ambitious fangs beneath bows," he said at last to Tao’ro the Spider. "No more that this Snake will sooner claim as his right."

He turned to face the guardian of the shrine.

"Those who followed the Master's teachings were once Ten, until the Master departed to seek his higher purpose," he said. "Upholding the teachings, the heads of these great schools fell to pride and status by might, until they were betrayed by those they deemed lesser."

"Now there remain but a dwindling Five who continue to war with each other, even as they eye of Auroc turns toward the Earth," he said. "I'll ask you once more; what happened here?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “After they poisoned the masters of Crane, Turtle, and Dragon, replacing tgem with other likeminded individuals, the new masters struck down on the remaining five. Spider had never had many students, so they came first for me. Two attacked me, two sacked and burned the shrine, and another made sure either my students died or joined them. I managed to near cripple one, badly hurt another, but I was overwhelmed and slain. Only by spirit remains now. After you leave I intend on taking my rest, like Mara.”
    Zaofan listens intently, captivated by Tao'ro's words, before blurting to Ochazuke somewhat absentmindedly. "Fascinating! Imagine knowing Zxu'ro himself! To be his relative! To be a colleague!"

He is not, though, without a conscience. "Master Guardian, I am saddened by your story. You fought well in life and after it, and we are humbled. But we must be on the lookout for counterfeits and false masters indeed."

Zaofan thinks back, reminded of one such imposter -- Toh Magoh, self-proclaimed "Master" of the Neo Crane school. Master Chahan's reputation kept Toh Magoh from truly usurping the Crane, but nonetheless, Toh Magoh's influence spread wide. He might as well have been a snake himself.

"Master Guardian, you have more than earned your rest. I hope that we have earned your trust."

Default After the Spider-Shrine

Over the course of several weeks...

----

In Capital City, in broad daylight, masked gunmen rob the First Capital Bank. Jumping into their getaway car, a running battle with the cops ensues, bullets and single bills flying in their wake.

Nothing an Optic Blast to the engine can't fix. As the car forward-flips from the explosion, Zaofan catches the car and shakes the gunmen out of it like a salt shaker. They hit the ground 5 feet below, completely woozy and dizzy, enough for the police to take over. He gently places the wrecked car down, and flies off into the distance.

----

In East Bay, at night, a family of four is trapped by a raging fire in the top floor of their midrise apartment. Huddled in a corner, they see Zaofan walk through the flame, protected thanks to a low level ki field of protection. A wooden support beam falls directly above him, but he catches it with his right forearm and pushes it away. He takes out two capsules, throws them into the fire, and PAF! -- several tanks of water explode, showering the room and dousing many of the flames. Herding the family to the nearest window, he holds onto all of them and floats them down, reassuring them along the way that everything will be alright. He takes off his cape and drapes it over the huddled family.

----

Southtown, at dusk, Zaofan is engaged in battle with a dozen armed ninjas, who've all come to intimidate and harm anyone trying to vote out corrupt politicians in the deep pockets of organized crime and corporate interests. Using the Rakan Geki, his lightning fast hands pluck out their weapons, placing them in the hands of voters, causing the ninjas to surrender. Zaofan frames this as a victory made from the combined might of the people.

----

At noon, Trident Harbor is under attack by a gigantic, whale-sized sea monster of a squid from the deepest trenches of the ocean. Its large bulbous body jets out from the ocean's surface, but a flying jump kick followed by a hook kick help dazes the beast enough for an Optic Blast that topples it. Zaofan dives under for a few moments, rocketing from the waters and under it to lift the beast into the air and cook it using the Dragon's Breath. The subsequent feast is enough to feed the village for the day.

----

In the farmlands of Peteridge Valley, Zaofan shops in the farmers' market, carefully picking out choice ingredients, vegetables, jerkies, and delightful baked goods, trading stories and laughs with the locals in exchange for cooking tips, all while preparing for his next destination.

----

Much further away, in the darkened mountain castle of perpetual night, Lord Ryu Shingen watches Zaofan shop merrily through a portal screen conjured by Shinku No Manto. Shingen turns to the fleshy, pulsating wall that has captured Toh Magoh, tentacles grappling onto his limbs. "Seems like you've raised a cultured boy there."

Shinku no Manto slinks behind Lord Shingen, eyes in question. "But ... all his deeds, all his adventures. What we see him do does not mesh with the amount of blood energy and vengeance we smell on him. What is his game?"

Toh Magoh can barely maintain consciousness in what seems to be a sweaty, feverish, hazy dream. "Za-Zao-fan's a ... back-stabber. The ones...you least suspect... are the ones... who do the worst..."

Shingen scoffs. "Toh Magoh, you're hardly in any condition to criticize anyone for betrayal."

Shinku No Manto is quick to interject. "Perhaps he's right. What if Zaofan knows we're watching him? What if he's keeping his blackest deeds from us?"

"Nonsense," the Demon Shogun responds. "He can't possibly be that skilled to know he's being watched from afar. Can he...?"

Shingen turns his attention back to the magic screen, seeing Zaofan gleefully pet a shaggy golden retriever. "No, no, no. Whoever he pretends to be, he has the heart of a cold-blooded murderer. And that's just what we need to enter his previous realm."

After its brief conversation, the Archon of Gaineamh reappeared next to its sibling and offered an amused chuckle.

<This should prove entertaining now, at the least ... watching the angry one chip away at a hill ... perhaps I can use what is shaved off to replenish what the child took ...>

The Ice Elemanti turned toward its kin, and offered what amounted to a sigh.

<Should she fail ?>

The Sand Elemanti shrugged its 'shoulders', and turned its eyes toward the battle to come.

<Then we will have been freed from our long boredom, at least a little while.>

And despite disagreeing with the mindset of its sibling, the Archon of Oighear had to admit that it wasn't quite wrong. This was certainly far more amusing than it might have given credit for ... though there was another matter she was far more interested in bearing witness to.

<At the least I hope it is finished soon ... there is a much more interesting conflict soon to start.

And in the distance, if one turned their ear to listen, could be heard the rumbling of thunder ...

"Shit!" she cried when the jagged spires shot out of the ground. She reacted and fired a beam under her to suddenly propel herself upward to avoid the spires.
    With a surprisingly quick swing of its massive arm, the Archon of Cloche shattered the summoned stalagmites and sent dozens, upon dozens of shards barreling toward Sarada ...

Meagan's voice echoed in her head with some advice. Aim for the limbs.

She supposed. Nothing could stand if there was no foundation. The only problem was getting in close enough to actually try.

She breathed in and let her instincts take over. Instinctual Acuity: Reflexive Evasion The less time she spent thinking on evading, the more time she could spend focusing on disabling the rocky behemoth. Once that was done, then maybe, just maybe, these things would stop trying to stop them and move the hell aside so she could move on.

For now, she fired several energy blasts that cut through the air, then weaved around the behemoth when they got in close so it couldn't just brace itself and block them. They struck its limbs from behind, the side and even above. All to distract it from her pending approach.

OOC: Six posts remaining for Reflexive Evasion.
    ... only for them to miss as the girl activated her reflexive evasion.

Somewhat startled by this, the Elemanti was too slow to respond when several blasts were fired, and as they whipped around its massive limbs and struck it from behind; a grating sound could be heard as its foundations where cracked. Not wholly set to topple quite yet however, the Archon lifted its massive legs and with a single step caused the ground around it to flex and buckle as a shockwave with force enough to kick up a sandstorm -- full of stony debris -- that began to swirl around it.

A makeshift barrier of sorts, it seemed ... The Lord of Stone was slow ... yet it was far from stupid.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

With a surprisingly quick swing of its massive arm, the Archon of Cloche shattered the summoned stalagmites and sent dozens, upon dozens of shards barreling toward Sarada ...

... only for them to miss as the girl activated her reflexive evasion.

Somewhat startled by this, the Elemanti was too slow to respond when several blasts were fired, and as they whipped around its massive limbs and struck it from behind; a grating sound could be heard as its foundations where cracked. Not wholly set to topple quite yet however, the Archon lifted its massive legs and with a single step caused the ground around it to flex and buckle as a shockwave with force enough to kick up a sandstorm -- full of stony debris -- that began to swirl around it.

A makeshift barrier of sorts, it seemed ... The Lord of Stone was slow ... yet it was far from stupid.
    Good, her reflexes were then good enough to avoid its projectiles. Even better, her attack managed to crack its limbs. It wasn't much, but it was a start. One didn't chop down a tree in one swing, after all.

However, before she could follow up, the creature erected a sandstorm barrier to force her to keep her distance. Damn it. She decided not to test it, but instead flew upward and shifted gears.

Instinctual Acuity: Offensive Intuition

She peered at the barrier, using her intuition to find a weak spot she could exploit. It didn't have to be a particularly glaring one, just one she could exploit for a brief moment.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!