Page 4 of 782 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The voice wasn't one Sarada recognized. The form wasn't a race of this planet, obviously, but it also wasn't one she had seen in her studies. While incomplete, the Academy's xenocentric studies covered quite a number of different races.

Hm.

"Yeah, a good thing. We don't need a dead body added to our current issues." She eyed this new woman suspiciously. Strange that the entire world went to hell, then she showed up. While it was probably unlikely that she had anything to do with it, she learned the hard way to not ever underestimate someone who didn't look like much.

"I don't suppose you know anything about what happened here, do you?"
    Oh great, it talked to her. Her mistake for drawing its attention, but... she could humour the little she-ape for a while. After all, being allowed to speak to her as anything resembling an equal was a honor far beyond anything her kind deserved in the least.

"Not at all. I am as much in the dark about this as you are..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "SARADA-HAHAHA!"

Zaofan likewise goes in excitedly for a hug, though understandably so, jumping up and down while keeping the hold. "This... This is reassuring! Seeing you and Ishtar here. It's been six months!"
    Before she could ask her name, Zaofan revealed it. It was... Saradahahaha? Even for a Saiyan that name was positively ridiculous. She'd... just shorten it to Sarada. Like Salad.

"--Sarada, if you don't have any issue with me calling you that."

Zaofan clearly knew the Saiyan, which meant that he was almost certainly on pleasant terms with the... blue horned woman. Indeed, striking down this Sarada would have provoked a reaction from them, so she was pleased to have confirmation that she'd made the most efficient choice. For now.

"I can see that at least some of you have previously been acquainted. I... must say, that makes me feel a bit lonely. Well then, please, allow me to introduce myself. I am Lady Nevanlinna, a traveler among the stars."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Without even thinking it, Jack focused in on a particular one, almost by instinct, and suddenly he was off.
    Sarada felt it even from this distance and sighed a silent sigh of relief. He was okay. Safe and headed this way. It was too bad they were in the middle of something, or else she would go change her clothes so she could look good for their reunion. You're lucky, Earthman. I'll show you later, though, when we have a private moment.

"SARADA-HAHAHA!"

Zaofan likewise goes in excitedly for a hug, though understandably so, jumping up and down while keeping the hold. "This... This is reassuring! Seeing you and Ishtar here. It's been six months!"
    As distracted as she was with feeling Jack's approach, she was completely unprepared to stop Zaofan from coming in with a tight hug. It was bad. It was the worse. While she liked Zaofan, she didn't like him that much. "Ugh, get off," she grunted, hoping that her embarrassment was evident to no one but Ishtar.

She gently broke his hold on her and back away. "But! You're just the Earthman I was hoping to run into." She reached into her armor and pulled out a capsule that she procured from Jinzi before she left. One of several, in fact. How nice of him to just give them to her, even though he didn't know it.

Anyway. "There are about six or seven dead Snekian Naga in this capsule. When we get a moment, I'll open it up and you can grill them for us!" She had to fight off the rest of the Saiyans on Ruco in order to steal these six away. Her Highness, Queen Senerg, eventually let her have them in exchange for having the Snekian queen all to herself. A fair trade, even though Sarada was still sore that she was killed before she could find out what snake women tasted like.

Oh, well.

"Here." She put the capsule in his hand and closed it. "I'll give that to you for safe keeping."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Landing gently on the ground next to the ship, Nevalinna, and P-Sta, Zaofan instead went for the familiar face, walking with his arms out for an embrace.

"Ishtar! Am I glad to see you!"

Full of smiles and relief, he couldn't help himself. After finally letting go, he continues, "You've no idea how relieved I am. And I see you've met...um..."

He points several times at Lady Nevanlinna, his pointing turning into finger snapping...

He then turns to P-Sta. "Galaxy Police, eh? You're not the first one around these parts. How do you feel?"
    "How do I feel?" P-Sta repeated, considering the question for a moment. "Perplexed, human! That's how! When I last visited this planet, it was a world of beauty..." he stated before shrugging. "Eh, sort of! But it was perfectly intact! Did your planet come under some kind of assault! There have been reports of space pirates nearing this region, last I checked..." the officer noted, scratching his chin.

Ah, ****. This guy was from the Galaxy Patrol. The very organization who still had it out for her entire race. Not without good reason, but it still didn't feel good to have all their attempts at good will rebuffed because some people were still hung up on the past. "Yeah, no problem," Sarada answered with a nod. "Can you get in contact with some of your Patrol people? I think we're going to need some help around here."
    P-Sta turned to Sarada and narrowed his eyes...

"You..." he pointed a finger at her.

"...Have just made an excellent point!" P-Sta stated, ignorantly assuming she was human and not recognizing her Saiyan garb as he flew back to his ship. "You know, I don't think Earth's defenses could stand a full fledged assault from Space Pirates! anyway! Better to call in the GP! that way, we can..." P-Sta continued, beginning to try and page the Galaxy Police on his communicator. "Huh...that's odd...I can't appear to reach them...I can't appear to reach anyone! Good kaioshin! The extent of this EMP is greater than I thought!"

Retired Overlord

Nevanlinna met the Oni's golden eyes with her amethyst one. Now this was interesting... a species she'd never encountered before. A female, almost assuredly, unless this species was mono-gendered or had a very unorthodox form of sexual dimorphism. Age... approximately 30 to 35? The way she carried herself did not give the impression of being an expert fighter; that she'd arrived here being carried by the Saiyan was odd. Could this horned woman not fly or was she simply too lazy to do so?

The question she asked was simple, but relevant.

"To learn. But as it pertains to this situation, I am here on pure happenstance. I was sampling the local... delicacies, was overcome by a bright light, and came to in this blasted landscape," she said, drummed her fingers on the hilt of her sword. "Imagine my surprise, to have this world end so soon after I arrive upon it. Disappointing."
    With the commotion of the others in progress, one would be forgiven for not taking particular interest in every aspect of what was happening around them....yet one wouldn't consider Lady Nevanlinna, nor any of them, typical. Yet they were all prey among the predator, so many soft targets just waiting....let the new experiences were always the best.

A shadow flew soundlessly through the air, only the sudden gust of sand alerting the prey.....the predator had pounced.

Lady Nevanlinna felt a pair of hand clasp firmly on her butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Oh great, it talked to her. Her mistake for drawing its attention, but... she could humour the little she-ape for a while. After all, being allowed to speak to her as anything resembling an equal was a honor far beyond anything her kind deserved in the least.

"Not at all. I am as much in the dark about this as you are..."
    The new woman claimed to be as much in the dark about what was going on as the rest of them were. Interesting, if not a little disappointing. It seemed that they were going to have to do some investigating if they were to figure out what the hell was going on around her. "I see."

Before she could ask her name, Zaofan revealed it. It was... Saradahahaha? Even for a Saiyan that name was positively ridiculous. She'd... just shorten it to Sarada. Like Salad.

"--Sarada, if you don't have any issue with me calling you that."

Zaofan clearly knew the Saiyan, which meant that he was almost certainly on pleasant terms with the... blue horned woman. Indeed, striking down this Sarada would have provoked a reaction from them, so she was pleased to have confirmation that she'd made the most efficient choice. For now.

"I can see that at least some of you have previously been acquainted. I... must say, that makes me feel a bit lonely. Well then, please, allow me to introduce myself. I am Lady Nevanlinna, a traveler among the stars."
    She intended on offering her name, but Zaofan took care of that for her, as only she could. "Well, that's my name, so I don't see why you wouldn't," she answered the strange request to call her by her given name... as opposed to something else. Oh, well.

It turned out that the strange woman's name was Lady Nevanlinna.

Nope, it didn't ring any bells, nor did it sound like any naming convention she had ever heard of. 'Lady' indicated that she was some kind of royalty. Funny how she failed to offer what kingdom or empire she represented, like many royals she had encountered in her brief life. If there was one thing those types of people were proud of, it was their kingdom.

"Well, nice to meet you, Your Highness. You are royalty, right?"

Interesting that royals would allow one of their own to travel the stars by themselves. Nevanlinna was strong -- and she was holding back -- but the universe was full of powerful beings. Like Jagam.

A chill ran down her spine just from thinking the name. It's okay. He's out there somewhere in space. He probably hasn't even come across another Saiyan yet.

She hoped.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Oh hey, it's just you losers!" He jokingly called out to the group, approaching them with a growing smile. Charco shouldn't have been surprised to see the group had lingered after this mess.

Hopefully they don't think I caused this...

He did notice a few unfamiliar faces among the group, and a good deal of their original number missing. Perhaps they were simply gathering elsewhere, he thought.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    P-Sta turned to Sarada and narrowed his eyes...

"You..." he pointed a finger at her.

Sarada felt her heart skip a beat when the Galaxy Patrolman turned his attention to her. Here? Now?!

"...Have just made an excellent point!" P-Sta stated, ignorantly assuming she was human and not recognizing her Saiyan garb as he flew back to his ship. "You know, I don't think Earth's defenses could stand a full fledged assault from Space Pirates! anyway! Better to call in the GP! that way, we can..." P-Sta continued, beginning to try and page the Galaxy Police on his communicator. "Huh...that's odd...I can't appear to reach them...I can't appear to reach anyone! Good kaioshin! The extent of this EMP is greater than I thought!"
    She breathed out another sigh. It seemed he either saw that the situation didn't allow for petty grudges to be exorcised, or mistook her for an Earther. Given her tail and armor, the latter couldn't have been possible, so this one must have been able to see past what was right in front of him and focus on the task at hand.

Great.

That was where the good news ended. He couldn't get in contact with the Galaxy Patrol. Relief quickly turned into frustration and irritation at this entire situation. Eva and Ronin were gone, Jinzi may have been dead, and they couldn't get into contact with anyone. They were on their own and completely blind and ignorant as to what was happening.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The atmosphere was tense and quiet. The air was thick with something strange. Something, not Earth normal. Almost a metallic taste.

And suddenly, those in Capital City would find their ki suddenly...gone. Unable to access it at all.

It was as if something suddenly turned their ki off, like an area effecting ki binder.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Oh hey, it's just you losers!" He jokingly called out to the group, approaching them with a growing smile. Charco shouldn't have been surprised to see the group had lingered after this mess.

He did notice a few unfamiliar faces among the group, and a good deal of their original number missing. Perhaps they were simply gathering elsewhere, he thought.
    "Ah, the Murdersaurus," Sarada greeted when Charco arrived on some kind of motorized bicycle. She had half a mind to insinuate -- jokingly, kind of -- that he must have been training, which was why the world had gone to hell, but even Charco couldn't accomplish something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The atmosphere was tense and quiet. The air was thick with something strange. Something, not Earth normal. Almost a metallic taste.

And suddenly, those in Capital City would find their ki suddenly...gone. Unable to access it at all.

It was as if something suddenly turned their ki off, like an area effecting ki binder.
    Despite the constant chatter filling the otherwise silent air around them, it was tense. The silence was tense and made her uncomfortable. The taste of metal lingered in the air. She couldn't place what it was, but it didn't feel right.

Nothing about the present situation felt right, and it had her hair standing on end. If her tail wasn't wrapped around her waist, it would have been rolled upward, the telltale sign that a Saiyan felt threatened. Instead, her arms folded tightly across her chest as she glowered into the distance.

Then, she felt it. Like water being out of a drain, her ki was gone. "What the hell?" She flexed her fist and tried to fire up her aura.

Nothing.

"I can't feel my ki."

She kept her voice calm and level, but Ishtar would feel a panic starting to rise in her. They were in the destroyed ruins of Capsule Corp, seemingly the only ones left on the entire planet, nothing made sense, and now she had no access to any of her abilities. If things could get any worse, they'd be hard-pressed to deal with it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Ah, the Murdersaurus," Sarada greeted when Charco arrived on some kind of motorized bicycle. She had half a mind to insinuate -- jokingly, kind of -- that he must have been training, which was why the world had gone to hell, but even Charco couldn't accomplish something like this.

Despite the constant chatter filling the otherwise silent air around them, it was tense. The silence was tense and made her uncomfortable. The taste of metal lingered in the air. She couldn't place what it was, but it didn't feel right.

Nothing about the present situation felt right, and it had her hair standing on end. If her tail wasn't wrapped around her waist, it would have been rolled upward, the telltale sign that a Saiyan felt threatened. Instead, her arms folded tightly across her chest as she glowered into the distance.

Then, she felt it. Like water being out of a drain, her ki was gone. "What the hell?" She flexed her fist and tried to fire up her aura.

Nothing.

"I can't feel my ki."

She kept her voice calm and level, but Ishtar would feel a panic starting to rise in her. They were in the destroyed ruins of Capsule Corp, seemingly the only ones left on the entire planet, nothing made sense, and now she had no access to any of her abilities. If things could get any worse, they'd be hard-pressed to deal with it.

The relief of finding his old comrades was quickly subdued as their energy simply vanished.

"****!" He hissed, "It's Gris-Gris Bayou all over again."

Regardless of the source of their immediate depletion, it didn't bode well for them, especially if this was the prelude of an attack.

"You all know how to harness your energy, correct?" P-Sta asked the Earthlings gathered before him. "Do any of you suddenly feel...off?"

"A, uh...a murder-what now?" P-Sta asked, an eyebrow raised.

The relief of finding his old comrades was quickly subdued as their energy simply vanished.

"****!" He hissed, "It's Gris-Gris Bayou all over again."

Regardless of the source of their immediate depletion, it didn't bode well for them, especially if this was the prelude of an attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "You all know how to harness your energy, correct?" P-Sta asked the Earthlings gathered before him. "Do any of you suddenly feel...off?"
    So, these two could feel it, too. Which meant that the others were likely in the same boat. This was fucking great. No ki, no abilities, and only a few of them with any kind of weapons available.

Sarada pulled out her second katchin knife and reversed the grip. If something went down and they were attacked, she sure as **** wasn't going down without shedding someone's blood first.

"A, uh...a murder-what now?" P-Sta asked, an eyebrow raised.
    "It's a nickname," she answered the patrolman. "Don't worry about it. We have more important things at hand."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar waited patiently for this 'Lady', to appraise her in turn; the level of curiosity in those amethyst ones something of interest itself.

The moment passed quickly enough however, and with a drumming of fingers upon the blade at her side this ... Huh. The golden-eyed Oni realized that she could not actually place the woman's species. There were similarities to the Shinjin in the pointed ears, yet the complexion was not one typical of the race. There was a chance she was an aberrant, or perhaps one that stemmed from one of the golden fruits that had at times been found in the Timeless Gardens of Otherworld ... and yet the way she had stared a moment before; as if she did not understand what an Oni was ...

No this one was mortal ... but what was she.

A thing Ishtar given time would have taken lengths to discover, it was rare thing to find a species she was not at once immediately familiar. Yet when the amethyst-eyed woman began to gently drum her fingers against the hilt of the blade at her side however, Ishtar's blinked and shook such thoughts from her mind.

Another time.

"It is an acceleration of a thing I have seen many times. To say that is strange is perhaps not ... uncommon. Yet given the lengths we had taken to prevent such an outcome six months prior; such a sudden ending is ... as you say." Ishtar replied after a moment. "That you are here as happenstance however is ... perhaps for the best."

Offering a polite nod then, Ishtar met eyes with the strange woman before gracing Nevanlinna with her own name.

"I am Ishtar."
    Ishtar. A curious, exotic name, but... not an altogether unpleasant one. Yes, this one would certainly merit investigation. After all, was that not the reason she had undertaken this journey in the first place--to gather information on other species, especially previously unknown ones? Here was an opportunity as golden as this horned woman's eyes.

"Ishtar, a pleasure," she said, nodding. ""Forgive me for being so forward, but once we have time, would you mind me asking some question about you--or rather, what you are. I must say, having never encountered something like you, my curiosity has been piqued."

The new woman claimed to be as much in the dark about what was going on as the rest of them were. Interesting, if not a little disappointing. It seemed that they were going to have to do some investigating if they were to figure out what the hell was going on around her. "I see."

She intended on offering her name, but Zaofan took care of that for her, as only she could. "Well, that's my name, so I don't see why you wouldn't," she answered the strange request to call her by her given name... as opposed to something else. Oh, well.

It turned out that the strange woman's name was Lady Nevanlinna.

Nope, it didn't ring any bells, nor did it sound like any naming convention she had ever heard of. 'Lady' indicated that she was some kind of royalty. Funny how she failed to offer what kingdom or empire she represented, like many royals she had encountered in her brief life. If there was one thing those types of people were proud of, it was their kingdom.

"Well, nice to meet you, Your Highness. You are royalty, right?"

Interesting that royals would allow one of their own to travel the stars by themselves. Nevanlinna was strong -- and she was holding back -- but the universe was full of powerful beings. Like Jagam.

A chill ran down her spine just from thinking the name. It's okay. He's out there somewhere in space. He probably hasn't even come across another Saiyan yet.

She hoped.
    Surprisingly perceptive for a Saiyan, she must admit. She knew that they could be crafty in battle, but, in her experience, Saiyans outside of battle were simple-minded dullards, fit only for manual labor. Assuming, of course, that one could actually train the damn things.

"Royalty? Oh my, you flatter me, but... no, I am but a mere noble, a--" She paused for a moment, thinking of an analogy for her lie. "--a Knight? I don't know if your kind are familiar with that concept, so... perhaps referring to myself as... a Super-Elite for my people would be more comprehensible? Though, yes, it's an easy mistake to make, since our royalty does use 'lady' as well. Quite unnecessarily confusing, wouldn't you agree?"

Some of that was truth, but Sarada had been dead on... she was indeed royalty for her people, and it was for her people that she originally ventured out into the universe. That, and... curiosity. She wanted to learn all there was to know, and there was no way to achieve that back home.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    With the commotion of the others in progress, one would be forgiven for not taking particular interest in every aspect of what was happening around them....yet one wouldn't consider Lady Nevanlinna, nor any of them, typical. Yet they were all prey among the predator, so many soft targets just waiting....let the new experiences were always the best.

A shadow flew soundlessly through the air, only the sudden gust of sand alerting the prey.....the predator had pounced.

Lady Nevanlinna felt a pair of hand clasp firmly on her butt.
    Nevanlinna continued her explanation... or tried to. "Now..."

Her expression became perturbed when Erosa's hands clasped onto her butt. After a moment, she closed her eyes and took a slow, deep breath. "My cultural sensitivity only extends so far, whoever you are, so, while I commend your taste, I request that you remove your hands from my... rear end immediately."

And then suddenly... her ki vanished. Gone, like her dignity just now. Now, this was certainly a conundrum--it meant she actually had to legitimately play nice with these people. Well, she had been intending to do just that, because there was no need for this to end badly for her or them--probably them--but being forced into this irked her more than a bit.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Midori groaned as she forced herself to her hands and knees, shaking her head slightly as her systems worked to regain their bearings. Pushing herself to a standing position, Midori looked around in shock and horror, trying to make sense of everything.

"What happened?" Midori asked as she stared at what had once been Capital City, but was now a smoking crater. A sudden thought caused her to stop, and she looked around as she called out "SHIRO?!"

Moving around in search of her sister, Midori momentarily ignored the devastation around her as she hunted. After a few minutes, she caught sight of Shiro, laying on the ground groaning with a metal bar piercing through her right side.

"SHIRO!" Midori cried as she moved over to Shiro, kneeling beside her as she looked at Shiro's pierced side.

"I'm fine." Shiro said before she asked "What happened?"

"Don't know." Midori replied.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Anyway. "There are about six or seven dead Snekian Naga in this capsule. When we get a moment, I'll open it up and you can grill them for us!" She had to fight off the rest of the Saiyans on Ruco in order to steal these six away. Her Highness, Queen Senerg, eventually let her have them in exchange for having the Snekian queen all to herself. A fair trade, even though Sarada was still sore that she was killed before she could find out what snake women tasted like.

Oh, well.

"Here." She put the capsule in his hand and closed it. "I'll give that to you for safe keeping."
    "Snekian...? I don't think I've ever had that kind of meat before. But if it can be grilled, it can be eaten, right? I'll keep it right here."

Poor, naive Zaofan.

"Charco!" Zaofan goes in for a firm handshake and a pat on the back. "It's good to see you, too. This reunion isn't turning out so bad after all!"

Then Zaofan looks around the ruins. "Well, except that. I really hope we're not the only people left in the area."

"Ugn...! What? What is... that?"

Zaofan collapses, leaning on Bojack, but the weight causing him to slip down the smooth surface of his Katchin bo staff. "Ng! My... my cape!"

He quickly unfastens the weighted cape, letting it drop the ground with a heavy thud, kicking up a cloud of dust in the process. Zaofan can stand again, though he still feels heavy and nowhere near as light on his feet as he used to be. "My strength...! What's going on?"