Page 406 of 782 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Herd? Harem?

The terminology was rather jarring and it took him a second to register what the man was talking about. Once again, he was reminded of how different the cultures of martial artists were. He swallowed his mouthful of fish and contemplated for just a few moments on how to tactfully navigate this question. Or... he could do what he always did and bluntfully answer it, regardless of the issues it may stir up.

"I'm here to train," Charco replied, "As for a herd... well... my school doesn't have the very best reputation so being alone tends to be a common result." As for the harem comment, he would leave that alone for now. He had seen and heard enough of that with the others.
    "I see." the old man stared out onto the ocean, "Kyōryū Ryū, I smelled the sent of the hunt on you. Yet I smell other scents as well, perfume and the sweat of a mare." Looking at him, "I can offer you some advice in exchange for the food, if you would have it."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I see." the old man stared out onto the ocean, "Kyōryū Ryū, I smelled the sent of the hunt on you. Yet I smell other scents as well, perfume and the sweat of a mare." Looking at him, "I can offer you some advice in exchange for the food, if you would have it."
    He was actually surprised to hear that the man knew his style since it had been blacklisted into oblivion to the point that it was all but forgotten. Instantly, the older man had his full attention, "Sure! Um... yeah, sure. Advice is always welcomed." Charco once more gestured to the food, indicating that the other could have as much as he wanted.

What secrets would this elder martial artist have to share with him? A more efficient form of training? A new technique? His mind buzzed with all the possibilities that he completely glossed over the remarks of a 'mare' and how it was much more likely the advice that he was to have bestowed on him.

He was actually surprised to hear that the man knew his style since it had been blacklisted into oblivion to the point that it was all but forgotten. Instantly, the older man had his full attention, "Sure! Um... yeah, sure. Advice is always welcomed." Charco once more gestured to the food, indicating that the other could have as much as he wanted.

What secrets would this elder martial artist have to share with him? A more efficient form of training? A new technique? His mind buzzed with all the possibilities that he completely glossed over the remarks of a 'mare' and how it was much more likely the advice that he was to have bestowed on him.

With a dismissive wave of his hand to indicate that he required no more food, the old man got back up to his feet. He then held his staff out to the sea, "Like water," then he moved his staff upwards towards the sky, "like air," then planted it back down, "like earth," then he pointed it at Charco, "like life, we are all dependent with each other despite our differences. Even when you train alone, you are never alone. Watch, observe those you fight and those you fight with. Train with those memories and you will become stronger."

Putting his staff down, "Uma no Ichizoku was built on the strong backs of others, as was Kyōryū Ryū. Your herd are those whose strength becomes your strength, those who take your strength for themselves. You do know who they are."

With that he nodded to Charco, and began walking down the beach again.

With a dismissive wave of his hand to indicate that he required no more food, the old man got back up to his feet. He then held his staff out to the sea, "Like water," then he moved his staff upwards towards the sky, "like air," then planted it back down, "like earth," then he pointed it at Charco, "like life, we are all dependent with each other despite our differences. Even when you train alone, you are never alone. Watch, observe those you fight and those you fight with. Train with those memories and you will become stronger."

Putting his staff down, "Uma no Ichizoku was built on the strong backs of others, as was Kyōryū Ryū. Your herd are those whose strength becomes your strength, those who take your strength for themselves. You do know who they are."

With that he nodded to Charco, and began walking down the beach again.
    It was just as cryptic as he had hoped. Charco began to speak up, wanting to ask the man his name, but he let the words die in his lungs. There were some mysteries worth preserving. Instead, he simply watched as the older one eventually wandered off into the horizon. The man's words weren't very difficult to decipher after some thought; Charco simply chalked it to a sort of 'you are the universe and the universe is you' deal. Still, it was enough to get his mind off his more negative thoughts.

"Horse Clan, huh?" He hadn't really thought of the other martial arts schools or clans, so he wasn't certain if the old man's mannerisms were typical for his association. Maybe one day he would look into them in order to figure out what harems had to do with it.

Returning to his fish, he readily consumed them, one by one, until he was ready to begin training.

It was just as cryptic as he had hoped. Charco began to speak up, wanting to ask the man his name, but he let the words die in his lungs. There were some mysteries worth preserving. Instead, he simply watched as the older one eventually wandered off into the horizon. The man's words weren't very difficult to decipher after some thought; Charco simply chalked it to a sort of 'you are the universe and the universe is you' deal. Still, it was enough to get his mind off his more negative thoughts.

"Horse Clan, huh?" He hadn't really thought of the other martial arts schools or clans, so he wasn't certain if the old man's mannerisms were typical for his association. Maybe one day he would look into them in order to figure out what harems had to do with it.

Returning to his fish, he readily consumed them, one by one, until he was ready to begin training.
    Hearing a sound in the direction of where the old man walked, if Charco looked he'd see a group of about five children under the age of 9, playing on the beach. As the man approached, they ran up to him excitedly, only to stop and line up facing the water. When he approached, they all bowed, then stood up again. As they did, the old man messed the hair of one of the boys in a playful manner. As he then continued to walk down the beach, the children broke ranks and joined him in his walk.

Hearing a sound in the direction of where the old man walked, if Charco looked he'd see a group of about five children under the age of 9, playing on the beach. As the man approached, they ran up to him excitedly, only to stop and line up facing the water. When he approached, they all bowed, then stood up again. As they did, the old man messed the hair of one of the boys in a playful manner. As he then continued to walk down the beach, the children broke ranks and joined him in his walk.
    Finishing the last of his meal he rose and began kicking sand into his bonfire, extinguishing it before he glanced back toward the old man once more. It seemed he wasn't alone as several kids came to pay their respects. Charco had initially thought the man to be a wanderer, but it appeared he might have been a local after all.

"Isn't that warm and fuzzy..."

Silently, he bid the old man and his students the best and headed his way into the nearest forest. It was time to train.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

Parsic blinks a couple times to try and clear her seared vision and then traces her finger to form a little hope in the space in front of her and brings up the condensed orb of pepper before forcefully jamming it into the hold with her finger.

Zaofan, at the ready with his pans, felt a sharp pain in the back of his throat....with a taste of blood and something else hitting him immediately as the familiar pulled the now bloody finger tip from the hole, leaving a disintegrating lump in the back of his throat.
    It takes a second or two of trying to clear his own throat before Zaofan realizes what's going on. "Hack...HAACK... KOFF KOFFFF"

Suddenly the pain registers, sharp, burning, empty, gasping. A cankersore in the throat is bad enough, but the sting, the inability to breathe, the gag reflex, every nerve in his throat lights on fire, intense pain and burning and nausea, and all with deprivation of breath. Concentration is exceedingly difficult; breathing is almost impossible, and he's running out of precious air, fast.

No! Oh Kami, the pain! She's doing it again! She's terrorizing me! Get it together! Think think think! How long can I hold my breath?

Zaofan has never had to find that out before. Using the remains of his concentration and speed, he zips back to the kitchen, or what's left of it. The train had crashed through the sink, obliterating it and disconnecting it from its pipes, spraying water all over the place.

No! Water is useless! Stay calm. STAY CALM, DAMMIT! Step 1. What is step 1?

Instinctually, he tries to draw breath, but now the lump is seeping into the wound in his throat, now burning even further. A true hell. He tries his best to wrap his mouth around the broken pipe, the force of the water preventing him from creating a perfect seal, but still, against all pain, he tries to swallow as best he can. He will never complain of a sore throat again.

But the influx of water and the ball of pepper in his stomach trigger a violent reaction, causing him to vomit a stomach full of red-tinted water. Thanks to it being water rather than actual food and stomach acid, he coughs up the contents much more easily; for once, he's glad he hasn't had a full meal.

He begins crying again -- the pepper water that shot out of his stomach inevitably drenched his tongue on the way out. At least when the pepper was in the throat, it bypassed his taste buds. Not this time. Now his tongue was covered in the spice, and water only makes it worse, with tears streaming down his eyes and snot flowing out his nose. Keep it... keep it togeth-AAARGH! Bread! Rice! STARCH!

That wasn't even the worst of it -- his lungs still would not get the full breath of air thanks to the cut from Parsic's bloody finger tip. A complete mess, he tries his best to ignore his burning tongue, and he places his finger in his throat to find the wound, overcoming his gag reflex to find it with his index finger. He pulls it out to find his blood on the finger. He looks up in sheer despair and panic, but he knows what he must do. Jamming his finger back down his throat, he activates a flicker of on his finger tip The Dragon's Breath to cauterize the wound, but does not activate the Dragon's Endurance technique that would protect him from the flame. He screams out in agony, and pulls out his finger, throwing up once more. On the plus side, his finger has no more blood on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    But what was undeniable now as that Chrona had spirited Erosa away. And that, as much as Asha'rah wished to pursue, the most efficient path and pressing matter lay along the same path before her. She needed Etrina. Oh, and she should probably help Zaofan out too. The man seemed to be particularly conflicted in the moment, terror at facing Parsic again warring with rage at the destruction of kitchen supplies and wastage of his cooking.

Asha'rah brought her hand up slowly, palm outwards, and from the ground two dozen luminiscent forms emerged. They were soft, furry, round, and brimming with the energies of creation. Life's Splendor. These ones lacked the extra instability of an explosive touch, so they would simply fade eventually when their energies were exhausted. But for now, they lived. They strived.

"Go forth and greet Zaofan, little ones."

The small horde of glowing pandas bounded towards the cook with as much haste as clumsiness, bounding and rolling down the landscape and climbing all over the cook to cover him in their warm bulk. One of them licked his face. And then they promptly fell asleep, hugging him like a living blanket of creation energy.
    As he collapses to the kitchen floor, he sees glowing pandas walk through the missing wall of the kitchen, coming to him. He turns his head, completely confused, but he is reduced to a mere whisper. "Wha... oh no... the peppers... now I'm definitely ... hallu...sin...ate...ting... but they... feel so nice... so real...!"

Asha'rah's conflict at facing Parsic was more...philosophical. She came from beyond the universe, in a place that should have been empty. Parsic had no place in the plan of the Great Founding, but yet she still existed in the void between universes. Along with others of her kind. She didn't know precisely how to feel about those who lay beyond. But she have some grasp on familiars, and the fine line they walked between being assistants...or slaves.

"Greetings once again, Parsic. Do you remain miserable in your employ?"
    Seeing Asha'rah emerge and engage Parsic, Zaofan rests easy, inhaling deep gulfs of breath while surrounded by the pandas. "Oh... good... Asha'rah is... here... everything's going to be... ooooooh-kaayyyyy. I'll stay... here... with the cutie... pa-toot-ee... pandasss..."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Parsic wasn't going to wait for the cook to recover from her latest attack. She'd snap his limbs like twigs so the man couldn't pull another stunt like the one he did again....THEN, he could take her time playing with him. The man had did her no favors, beating her down during the tournament when she had been for the most part playing around with him.

At least...that had been her plan.

When the march of the glowing pandas began to waddle past her, even the void familiar had to pause....eyes blurrly but transfixed on the points of furry light as they passed by. The energy was creation, she could feel it as each passed by...like an open flame coming too close to her face.

One strayed a little closer then the others, and with a frown Parsic reached up and slammed her palm against the defenseless creature....smashing it against the ground in a violent display, even as it left a burn mark on her palm.

"......What a eyesore.....Asha'rah......" Parsic tilted her head to face the goddess. ".....your here too....have you come to protect the cook....?"
    Overhearing their exchange, and in particular Parsic's question that Asha'rah has come to protect Zaofan, spurs some grudging motion in him. "Noooo.... too comfy... I must... I must help..." He struggles to turn around and place his hands on the floor, to push himself back up, slowly, painfully. "Jus' need... a minnit..."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    At some point during her otherworldly training, Parsley attempted to contact Shek'hinah. She had a few questions she needed answers to pertaining to that yellow power that she had previously realized was inside her when she resisted Auroc.

If it was the vaunted Super Saiyan, then there was no time to try and harness it, or at least learn how to harnass if than now.

"Shek'hinah, I'd like a word of you're not too busy," she spoke to the empty space around her. She felt like an idiot, but what else could she do?
    Last post curse
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Last post curse
    “Hello Parsley.” she hears from behind her.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Hello Parsley.” she hears from behind her.
    It actually worked!

Parsley turned and beheld and tall death goddess standing before her. "Hello, Shek'hinah. I trust all is going well on your end." Far better than she was doing, anyway. Not that such would be an overwhelming feat.

"I had a question I was hoping you'd be able to answer for me."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    later in the area that Althena is being kept at Qaztoh looks at her ancestor as her skin turns yellow saying" okay I knew she was big going by my family's historical records but this is absurd. " " never in my life have ever other Toadian who was of such magnitude." "I guess the family records won't kidding when they said she was the strongest queen and that her strength was legendary." it's obvious just by looking at Althena that the ancient Toadian dwarfs both Praxat and Qaztoh in size.

Praxat use the prepare equipment to thawed out Althena. the operation is an success and the first thing Althena says when she opens her eyes is this in the old Toadian " what is this place?" " where in the name of Doxal I'm I?" she says this at 90 decibels making her voice loud and the way she speaks is Varity of croaks that are different then ones Praxat and Qaztoh use.

to her talking at 90 decibels is normal. so her skin turns blue when she sees strange people she's never encounter before cover their ears or put on noise reduction earmuffs expect for the two other Toadians Praxat and Qaztoh. which makes her confusion. Praxat looks at Jinzi saying " I think it's about time we use the universal translators to talk to her."

" first thing we need to do is tell her to tone down the volume of her voice." " also I agreed with Qaztoh her ancestor Althena is gigantic!"
    Praxat takes out a Universal translator from her right pants pocket and uses it saying " Althena you have to lower your voice." " the decibel range that we Toadians normally talk at isn't comfortable for earthlings." " so please lower you voice." Althena lowers her voice as the universal translator allows both Praxat and Althena to understand each other.

Althena replies to this saying " so my normal range of my voice is uncomfortable to these strange creatures." " tell how do these earthlings hearing work and how is it that you know me I never met you before." " however I can tell that you and the taller one next to you are Toadians like myself." Praxat replies to this saying " well basically their hearing works very differently from our own. "

" their ears aren't connected to their lungs and their lungs don't work as a special adaptation to equalizing the pressure differences between the outer surface of the eardrum and the inner surface of the eardrum." " like our kind does so earthlings have a lower threshold of pain for hearing then we do." " as for how I know you well you been frozen for 2000 years. " " I learnt about you in the Toadian text books."

Althena replies to his as her skin turns yellow in shock saying " I been frozen for 2000 years!" "so for 2000 years no Toadian ever dare search for me?" Qaztoh is the one who answers Althena's question saying " it because 2,000 years go everyone back then include your children and siblings thought you had abandoning the Kingdom." " so no one ever bother to look for you and you were written down in Toadian historical documents as the worst Toadian Queen my ancestor."

Althena replies to this saying " you just call me your ancestor." " wait could it be of course that those star shape pupils you got Orpheus bloodline running though your veins." " so are you directly descendent from me or from one of my siblings ?" Qaztoh answers this saying " I'm directly descendent from you , you our my many times great grandmother."

Althena replies to this saying " wow that's a lot to take in." " still I can't believe a descendent of mine is so small." Qaztoh replies to this saying " it's not that I'm too small, it just that you are freaking gigantic!" " you literary make everyone in this room your in look like small children."

Althena who stands 7'6" and pretty much towers over everyone there and is wearing clothing that covers up her physique replies to Qaztoh saying " I didn't mean to offend you and talking to me like that wasn't nice." " now on to the matter at hand." " so 2,000 years ago the people back then include my own children and siblings though I had abandoning the Toadian Kingdom." " I love my siblings , my children and the Toadian kingdom."

" I would never abandoned them" Qaztoh replies to this saying " so please tell us your story what happen 2,000 years go on Qacriea?" Althena replies to as she points at Jinzi this saying " very well but before I tell my story I would like to know something." Althena points her at Jinzi saying " you there please tell me what is this place !" " how was it that I was free from my frozen imprisonment was it through sorcery?"
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-10-2018 at 09:22 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat takes out a Universal translator from her right pants pocket and uses it saying " Althena you have to lower your voice." " the decibel range that we Toadians normally talk at isn't comfortable for earthlings." " so please lower you voice." Althena lowers her voice as the universal translator allows both Praxat and Althena to understand each other.

Althena replies to this saying " so my normal range of my voice is uncomfortable to these strange creatures." " tell how do these earthlings hearing work and how is it that you know me I never met you before." " however I can tell that you and the taller one next to you are Toadians like myself." Praxat replies to this saying " well basically their hearing works very differently from our own. "

" their ears aren't connected to their lungs and their lungs don't work as a special adaptation to equalizing the pressure differences between the outer surface of the eardrum and the inner surface of the eardrum." " like our kind does so earthlings have a lower threshold of pain for hearing then we do." " as for how I know you well you been frozen for 2000 years. " " I learnt about you in the Toadian text books."

Althena replies to his as her skin turns yellow in shock saying " I been frozen for 2000 years!" "so for 2000 years no Toadian ever dare search for me?" Qaztoh is the one who answers Althena's question saying " it because 2,000 years go everyone back then include your children and siblings thought you had abandoning the Kingdom." " so no one ever bother to look for you and you were written down in Toadian historical documents as the worst Toadian Queen my ancestor."

Althena replies to this saying " you just call me your ancestor." " wait could it be of course that those star shape pupils you got Orpheus bloodline running though your veins." " so are you directly descendent from me or from one of my siblings ?" Qaztoh answers this saying " I'm directly descendent from you , you our my many times great grandmother."

Althena replies to this saying " wow that's a lot to take in." " still I can't believe a descendent of mine is so small." Qaztoh replies to this saying " it's not that I'm too small, it just that you are freaking gigantic!" " you literary make everyone in this room your in look like small children."

Althena who stands 7'6" and pretty much towers over everyone there and is wearing clothing that covers up her physique replies to Qaztoh saying " I didn't mean to offend you and talking to me like that wasn't nice." " now on to the matter at hand." " so 2,000 years ago the people back then include my own children and siblings though I had abandoning the Toadian Kingdom." " I love my siblings , my children and the Toadian kingdom."

" I would never abandoned them" Qaztoh replies to this saying " so please tell us your story what happen 2,000 years go on Qacriea?" Althena replies to as she points at Jinzi this saying " very well but before I tell my story I would like to know something." Althena points her at Jinzi saying " you there please tell me what is this place !" " how was it that I was free from my frozen imprisonment was it through sorcery?"
    Jinzi shakes his head.

“Technology. Mine, specifically. I own this place, your Highness.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

It actually worked!

Parsley turned and beheld and tall death goddess standing before her. "Hello, Shek'hinah. I trust all is going well on your end." Far better than she was doing, anyway. Not that such would be an overwhelming feat.

"I had a question I was hoping you'd be able to answer for me."
    She tilts her head curiously.

“What would that be?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She tilts her head curiously.

“What would that be?”
    Well, here goes nothing.

"I was wondering if you were around when the first Super Saiyan was still alive. I know you've been dead a while, but that was a long time ago... like two thousand years ago."

She cleared her throat to stop herself from blabbering on like an idiot. "I ask because I was hoping you knew the mechanics behind the transformation. How do I become a Super Saiyan?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Well, here goes nothing.

"I was wondering if you were around when the first Super Saiyan was still alive. I know you've been dead a while, but that was a long time ago... like two thousand years ago."

She cleared her throat to stop herself from blabbering on like an idiot. "I ask because I was hoping you knew the mechanics behind the transformation. How do I become a Super Saiyan?"
    “Hmm....., I saw Inda’ren transform once. I presume you mean something else though? I was dead longer than 2000 years, my dear.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM