Page 408 of 782 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 11718

Due to recent events, Sasheem was enjoying an extended bap atop the Lookout's roof, dreaming of ways to perfect all that he's learned in the past few months. It was a actually fairly quiet for a day on the Lookout. No noise, no sounds of clashing fists as people trained. What a perfect time to take a...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan rockets through the sky at top speed, covered in his white aura and blasting away and carrying Toh Magoh. Behind them is the night time sky, and ahead is the rising sun peeking over the horizon. The old master of the counterfeit Neo Crane holds on for dear life, both to Zaofan and to his own arms: "C-C-Couldn't you... D-d-d-rop to a warm-er alt-ti-tude?"

The chef responds, "No. The higher the atmosphere we are, the less wind resistance. The Lookout is high on up. Better to fly straight there."

"Wh-what's the Lookout? And wh-why are we fl-flying th-there?"

Zaofan answers with grim determination, not missing a beat. "The Lookout is where Lady Evangeline, the Guardian of the Earth, lives. It's where I've been training. But we also have two visitors: Wilheim and the Princess. When my friends and I were whisked away to the Blood universe, we landed in an alternate Earth called Terra. Wilheim and the Princess are native to that world. And Shingen is after them because of my big mouth!"

Toh Magoh reasons his way through the events. "S-so... that blood energy that s-su-surrounds you ..."

"... is residue from that world. I haven't killed legions of fighters for their blood energy. I'm not like that! Shingen is mistaken! But he's aiming for Wilheim and the Princess so that he can find a way to Terra! If my friends and I spent a short time and amassed that much energy just by ourselves, there's no telling how much blood energy is within two natives of that world! And if Shingen and Manto cross over to the other world, there's no telling how powerful they'll become!"

Toh Magoh's teeth continue to chatter. "Bu-but wh-why bring muh-me...?!"

"You know the most about Shingen. You've spent the most time with him. You may be of some use yet, you killer miser!"

Zaofan's mind begins to think. Two former teachers. Two liars and murderers, back in his life. And now he's hot on the tail of one while carrying the other. One teacher -- Toh Magoh -- he's defeated already. The other, Shingen, is one who has repeatedly scared him to the point of trauma and escape. But for once, rather than run away from his problem, he now chases it at full speed.

Zaofan pours on the power, and locks onto two ki signatures over the horizon -- the same ones he sensed, but did not encounter, in his first battle with the Demon Shogun and the Crimson Cloak. "Shingen's sent two agents to the Lookout. Thankfully they're not as fast as me, but they'll still get there before I can overtake them at this speed. But we have to stop them from capturing Wilheim and the Princess at any cost! Toh Magoh, hold on!"

The flying chef fires an Optic Blast and both restrains it while boosting his speed to merge with it, turning himself into a red comet: The Crimson Dynamite Comet, more specifically. By riding the beam, his travel speed increases by a factor of 5. But in the midst of the beam, Zaofan then activates the Wolf's Prowl. Normally this move would increase his speed by a factor of 3, but as time is of the essence, his base speed is increased by a factor of 15 total. Moving at speeds far beyond what he is used to, Zaofan's face begins to distort, but his aim and dedication are true. The same can't be said of Toh Magoh; if it wasn't for the protective field of the Crimson Dynamite Comet, he would be so much ripped confetti.

But even with his vast speed and his inevitable arrival to the Lookout, he's still not fast enough to see the source of a brilliant flash of light in the horizon. He feels a powerful energy signature in the distance, one that tastes like Ryu Shingen, the Demon Lord. But how did he get that far? Did his agents cast a spell or a portal? Nonetheless, he does not let that distract him as he maintains course and speed.

(ooc: the Wolf's Prowl normally lasts 5 posts, but 2 have been used for travel time)

-----

Heavy footsteps land on the pristine floors of the sun-lit Lookout as armored boots make contact. A majestic cape flapping in the wind marks the arrival of Ryu Shingen, the Demon Lord Shogun.

He draws out the Oni Sword, a curved blade forged from the fang of a giant Oni, and he drags the blade across the ground, causing sparks to fly out. He looks around the plaza and crystal blue skies, attempting to lock on to the signatures of the Terra natives.

"!!!"

A momentary glance behind him isn't fast enough to save him from the devastating attack of the Pressure Kicker, hitting at 15 times the speed of a certain flying chef. The Demon Lord Shogun is knocked to the other side of the plaza, but he flips forward and lands on his feet. He sees his opponent Zaofan, dissipating the field but breathing heavily, and also dropping Toh Magoh, dizzy and disoriented from the speeds. Shingen readies his sword into fighting position.

Zaofan takes in large gulps of air, and he steadies his shaky legs. Extending his fist forward, he calls out: "BOOOOOJACK!" His trusty katchin bo staff materializes out of its capsule, and the chef swings and twirls it left, right, above, and then pointed forward. "SHINGEN! You know, normally I like it when my old friends meet my new friends, but I'm afraid I can't let that happen."

The Demon Lord Shogun's echo voice resonates even in the open area of the Lookout. "Your friends are from another place. They're foreigners. They're already more interesting than you, dear boy. And I intend to meet them, thank you very much." He swings his sword expertly, no move wasted, into his fighting stance. And with that, both fighters explode in white auras, and charge each other, the Oni Sword and the Katchin Bo Staff clanging and sparking off each other. Zaofan swings in wide circles and combines swings with leaps, with Shingen blocking and parrying from all angles, on the defense thanks to the Wolf's Prowl. Thus, the battle is joined in earnest.

However, while Zaofan now has the speed to compete with Shingen, he does not have the matching strength. Shingen begins applying more pressure to his blows, and even if Zaofan blocks them, his muscles are strained that much more. Shingen thrusts the blade forward, to which Zaofan tips his torso to the side to dodge it cleanly and slams one end of Bojack into Shingen's armored chest, pushing him back and dragging his feet against the floor. With his left hand, Shingen then swings his blade so that he holds the handle upside down, blade to left forearm. He crosses that forearm and fist up to his chest and parallel to the ground, while his right forearm presses perpendicular to the left, creating a cross, and two of his fingers on his right hand point up. "Chou Ninpo!" His sword blade glows red. He raises the sword overhead, and slashes downward. "SHIPUZAN!"

A red and white energy wave crashes against Bojack. Zaofan swings down to meet it, and though the wave splinters apart from the katchin, an energy shard slices his upper right arm, creating a bloody wound. Shingen extends his left hand and reddish-purplish energy begins to seep from Zaofan's wound -- Blood energy drain at work -- until his hand is shot aside by Zaofan's Optic Blast.

Zaofan holds onto his wound. "You homicidal maniac! That's why I left you in the first place! This world has no place for your style of martial arts and bloodletting!"

Shingen brings his left hand to his face, smelling the residual blood energy through his face plate. "What would I care if this world has a place for it or not? It's served me just fine all this time. There is purity to the blood. To the Hokuto Shinken. It is direct. It is effective. It is most certainly glorious. Deadly? Of course. But efficient nonetheless. That is the path to power. Your path, like your cooking, is destined to burn away, dear chef." He makes a cross with his forearms and his two right fingers extended up again. "CHOU NINPO: DAI HINATAMA!" recoiling his cupped hands backwards and jetting them forward, palms forward and fingers stretched out, a large fireball flies to Zaofan.

"SCARLET SHIELDO!" For a split second, the ruby field flashes in front of his chest, reflecting the fireball back at the Shogun. Unfortunately, the Shogun yells back, "HAKKEI NO HO!" A blood-red field likewise emerges around him, reflecting the fireball once more at Zaofan, detonating on the ground in front of him and sending him flying back and into a wall, covered in smoke.

Toh Magoh peeks out from the Lookout's bushes. I don't know what this place is, or what Zaofan's gotten me mixed up into, but he's still no match for Shingen! What if I find his two friends and deliver them to Shingen?
    "What in the-?!!" Sasheem exclaimed as he awoke suddenly, his dreams interrupted. What pleasant dreams they were too. His so called allies getting ripped apart, blasted away, and beaten to near death.

...Actually, it seemed somewhat similar to what he awoke to see before him! Though, instead of all his allies facing imminent defeat, it was just Zaofan...good enough! Like an early Christmas present!

"Well, well, well..." Sasheem yawned as he floated over to look at the chaotic scene before him. "Looks like you've certainly pissed off the wrong people, eh chef?" The Majin asked, picking his ear in a total lack off concern. "Sasheem can't say he's surprised..."

OOC: For CtR

IC:

By the time Sarada and Asha'rah had made their attacks, Meagan was out of range. Between Meagan's implanted bomb, Sarada's crater-cresting explosive attack, and Asha'rah's followup, she doubted that the Archon would be in one piece, much less a threat.

If he did manage to survive, she was already working on another attack. One that should chill him to his very core. Her sense remained open for any signs of him.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-11-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

OOC: For Cleric - sometime during the time skip

IC: Eva once again hears a familiar voice, "Time is running out. Have you found those whose assistance I requested? If so, Please prepare them for transport."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

OT: I’m presuming the Bear Shrine is still ago.

IC:

Balon leads them north, leaving the jungle and once more flying. They fly over Capital City and land amidst a large forest west of the metropolis. This forest, a national treasure and protected wildlife zone, hasn’t been touched by man in over fifty years, so there is little sign of humans anymore, especially so deep into it. The massive redwoods and conifers tower over the ground, and as they land Samson holds a hand up signaling them to be quiet.

A dull chopping sound can be heard, and following it, they come across a small clearing where someone works at cutting a tree down.

He stands at over seven feet, a big burly man with a wicked ax in hand as he cuts a tree down.

“I know you’re there. Show yourselves.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC: For Cleric - sometime during the time skip

IC: Eva once again hears a familiar voice, "Time is running out. Have you found those whose assistance I requested? If so, Please prepare them for transport."
    OT: Sorry, remind me who volunteered again? I know Nunlil was going to go.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: Sorry, remind me who volunteered again? I know Nunlil was going to go.
    OT: Not sure myself. If no one is available, then she'll take Nunlil and find other help elsewhere. Want to see if there is anyone who isn't busy and is looking for a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Due to recent events, Sasheem was enjoying an extended bap atop the Lookout's roof, dreaming of ways to perfect all that he's learned in the past few months. It was a actually fairly quiet for a day on the Lookout. No noise, no sounds of clashing fists as people trained. What a perfect time to take a...

"What in the-?!!" Sasheem exclaimed as he awoke suddenly, his dreams interrupted. What pleasant dreams they were too. His so called allies getting ripped apart, blasted away, and beaten to near death.

...Actually, it seemed somewhat similar to what he awoke to see before him! Though, instead of all his allies facing imminent defeat, it was just Zaofan...good enough! Like an early Christmas present!

"Well, well, well..." Sasheem yawned as he floated over to look at the chaotic scene before him. "Looks like you've certainly pissed off the wrong people, eh chef?" The Majin asked, picking his ear in a total lack off concern. "Sasheem can't say he's surprised..."
    Face to the ground, covered in smoke, Zaofan lifts his hand and reaches out to the Majin. On pure reflex, and with no thought to their past, he yells out desperately: "SASHEEM! He's hunting us down! We all brought back energy from Terra, and he wants us! Run, Sasheem!"

Shingen looks behind him to see Sasheem glibly commenting on the fight. "Hm. Intriguing creature. Magic, yes?"

Zaofan gets up and charges at Shingen, but the demon lord stands his ground and crosses his forearm and wrist again. "Chou Ninpo: Shishin no Ken."

With a small flash, he separates into two copies. One charges forward at the chef and exchanges a flurry of punches, blocks, and parries in a cloud of superspeed. The other copy calmly floats over to Sasheem. "Hm. Fascinating. I like the cut off your jib. You're not really one of Zaofan's friends, are you? My name is Ryu. Ryu Shingen of the Hokuto Shinken school."

OT: I’m presuming the Bear Shrine is still ago.

IC:

Balon leads them north, leaving the jungle and once more flying. They fly over Capital City and land amidst a large forest west of the metropolis. This forest, a national treasure and protected wildlife zone, hasn’t been touched by man in over fifty years, so there is little sign of humans anymore, especially so deep into it. The massive redwoods and conifers tower over the ground, and as they land Samson holds a hand up signaling them to be quiet.

A dull chopping sound can be heard, and following it, they come across a small clearing where someone works at cutting a tree down.

He stands at over seven feet, a big burly man with a wicked ax in hand as he cuts a tree down.

“I know you’re there. Show yourselves.”
    OT: for Zao, this is before the Shingen quest

IC:

Zaofan keeps his head low, whispering to Balon. "One swing! He took that tree down in one swing! Amazing!"

He looks to the others, seeing if anyone will act first. He sighs, and he raises his hands as he reveals himself.

"Hello, friend! There's no use hiding, I suppose. How did you know I was here? Can you sense ki?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    OT: for Zao, this is before the Shingen quest

IC:

Zaofan keeps his head low, whispering to Balon. "One swing! He took that tree down in one swing! Amazing!"

He looks to the others, seeing if anyone will act first. He sighs, and he raises his hands as he reveals himself.

"Hello, friend! There's no use hiding, I suppose. How did you know I was here? Can you sense ki?"
    Dash steps forward as well, standing next to but a step behind Zaofan.

The large man turns, hefting the ax thoughtfully.

“This forest is my home. I know exactly when someone walks in and where they are. What brings travelers to the remnants of the Bear Shrine?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“This forest is my home. I know exactly when someone walks in and where they are. What brings travelers to the remnants of the Bear Shrine?”
    "You do know bout the Bear Shrine?" Dash asked cautiously.

Dash steps forward as well, standing next to but a step behind Zaofan.

"We are practioners and students of the Five Schools. We are merely travelers looking for the Bear Shrine, as directed my Master Tao'ro of the Spider School."

Zaofan then proceeds to do the customary greeting of finger movements to prove his story.

"Friend, would you know where we may find it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah chose to heed Meagan's advice. Whatever source Ishtar was drawing from now, it, and she, were real. The oni's captivating clarity was now directed fully towards a desperate battle for survival, one which it appeared they had arrived just in time to turn the tides for in her favor. However, she pondered a moment longer, allowing the young mortals to render immediate aid while she searched for a point of great leverage. This posture she maintained, even as she summoned the vortex shield Heaven's Gate to parry the energy blast the fire elemental directed her way. She had been designated the third target of separate, identical blasts, giving her more time to optimally position her shield, anticipating the angle of the blast and letting it slide and spin off without allowing the full force to slam into her dead on.

An idea hit her just as Ishtar inspired her, so she acted on both at once. Six of her orbs she sent out to aid the oni, whose horns were now buried deep within the elemental's body. The first four surrounded her neck closely, strengthening her position with a neck brace and preventing the elemental from easily accessing Ishtar's relatively vulnerable azure throat. Those four glowed gold, mending lesser wounds and burns along the oni's body. Ishtar had strengthened her compatibility with hakai considerably since the year before, but her body was still trickier to heal than a normal body. The chemicals Ishtar had ingested to change her body makeup and grow a tail had not made it any easier. Her broken arm would have to wait till later.

The other two orbs found their way into Ishtar's palms, where they began spinning around her as soon as she got a solid grip. Ishtar would find herself twisting her horns within the elemental's body, neckbrace helping her power through the resistance as she impaled deeper areas more quickly and savagely than she might otherwise have managed.
    Ishtar is grateful for the assistance, horns tearing into the side of the Archon of Lasair with heightened intensity; only to find herself literally drilling into its side as the two orbs at her palms begin spinning her around. At this, the Elemanti bellows, and in a bid to isolate the two throws up massive walls of molten rock and volcanic pyres ... yet in the end its meaningless.

When the call comes from Sarada to disengage, Ishtar does so, letting go of the Archon and literally jumping backwards and crashing through the wall at her back.

As the flaming wall approaches her, Meagan's cloak wraps around her, covering her completely. As it passes, the cloth's color is darkened, but otherwise undamaged. Meagan herself is spared the worst of the attack. Needing to recover, the cloak flies off of her shoulders and wraps it's self around her waste.

Dodging the second attack, Meagan prepares one of her her own. As Isthar makes her attack, Meagan goes invisible. Waiting for the moment when the fire lord is distracted, but Isthar is no longer directly engaged, she blitzes the Archon and implants within him an Internal Combustion Blast Grenade, one which packs many times more force than any she has used before. On the downside, doing this has left her hand badly burned, leaving her forced to continue the fight limited until it has time to heal.
    Burns covering the majority of her body despite the cloak, she finds the wounds slower to heal, than normal.

Despite this however, her efforts with the Grenade are successful, and as the Archon digs itself from the hole it had been relegated to, it detonates, knocking the Archon to its knees and leaves it wide open for ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She shot into the air and drifted away from what was soon to be ground zero. 'Move your asses now!' The amount of time Ishtar and Meagan would have to move wasn't long. If she lingered too long, Lasair would immediately know something was up. As such, she only gave them a second. Then, the ground under the fire creature decompressed, sinking down like a sinkhole.

Then, a flash of red was all the warning they received.

Sarada's attack to strike true.

The ground beneath the Archon gives way, and the area around him for nearly a mile is disintegrated as the explosion rips through its makeshift walls. For several moments until the dust settles, then, there's nothing but the sound of far off volcanic eruptions and the crumbling of ruined earth; until thunder tears through the heavens as the temperature skyrockets.

Pulling itself from ground zero, the others will see that while the Archon is still standing -- and quite livid -- it is in fact, heavily damaged ... and now much weaker than before.

Asha'rah herself floated across the battlefield from the opposite angle, giving her compatriots time and space to bury their attacks into the elemental, or in Sarada's case bury the elemental by exploding the ground itself. When the smoke cleared, she descended, her aura violet and dark. A mild breeze picked up in all directions, flowing towards Asha'rah in all directions but never quite touching her. Annihilation Aura.

Low-level hakai coated Asha'rah like a suit of armor, exuding off her just as ki or the energies of creation normally would. Unlike traditional ki boosting techniques, Annihilation Aura did not allow Asha'rah hit harder than she normally did. Instead, her aura simply began the work of destroying everything it touched. The air around her became as nothing, creating a small vacuum that sucked in more air to fill the gap and continue the cycle. It was good then that Asha'rah did not need to breathe. And as she descended upon the elemental, she focused her aura on destroying another thing: heat. Heat energy emenating from the elemental began to vanish as it touched her, leaving a heat vacuum and creating a convection current that drew heat away from the elemental's body itself. Grabbing the fire elemental by the throat, she pushed it off balance, swept its favored leg out from under it and slammed it into the bottom of Sarada's crater, her aura eating away at its neck.
    Even though it expecting it, the Archon finds itself initially unable to resist Asha'rah's advances; and as its leg is swept out from under it the Lasair finds itself slammed back down into the crater it had been exploded into.

Asha'rah would find, however, that while her annihilation aura was successful in siphoning away and annihilating the ambient warmth; her grip upon the Archon's own was tenuous at best. This was not simply some elemental, who was comprised of the element from which it drew its name. No, the Archon commanded a mastery of it ... and even weakened, stealing from it was not so simple a thing -- as Meagan herself had learned -- so when it regained its senses, and realized that it was backed into a corner ?

... the Elemanti sneered and displayed that mastery; and at once and created its own Ground-Zero.

OOC: For CtR

IC:

By the time Sarada and Asha'rah had made their attacks, Meagan was out of range. Between Meagan's implanted bomb, Sarada's crater-cresting explosive attack, and Asha'rah's followup, she doubted that the Archon would be in one piece, much less a threat.

If he did manage to survive, she was already working on another attack. One that should chill him to his very core. Her sense remained open for any signs of him.
    It took several moments, but the Archon reappeared, then Meagan felt something hot strike her as a bolt of lightning from above knocked her out of the sky. Far weaker than its other attacks, however, this seemed merely to be an attempt to buy itself time to recover; as it turned from her swiftly and darted off after Ishtar.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    even though normal Ki isn't detected at all in Althena by Scanner . what is detect though is spark of something that is defiantly divine and the presence of a powerful Ki that's seems to be equal to Praxat's Power Level . However this power also seems to be suppressed and doesn't have even the hint of malevolence . in fact it is rather peaceful.

Althena suddenly gets visions in her head saying " what is this why I'm sense that my race is in turmoil." " I see an Replita and he's sitting on the Toadian Throne." " just who is he and why I'm seeing these awful visions ." " is this what Doxal describe when he talk about a Guardian having Awareness of and limited precognition to existing and impending danger?"

" strange I feel like I can sense my late mentor Qacriea's first Guardian . " " Doxal like he's still here." "it feels like I'm connected to him." " wait is this access to a small spark of Creational Energy that Doxal told me about when he was still alive ?"

Althena looks at Praxat saying " so you can sense Ki and you look like your in great shape." " I can sense Ki as well and what I'm sense is that your power level is equal to my base." " hmm that's strange I can sense your Ki but I can't sense my own odd." also is detect by the scanner from Althena is a high percentage of muscle mass and a high level of muscle density.

the scanner then estimates Althena's base power level to be 40,000
    Unbeknownst to Althena when she was release from her frozen prison she had required her Guardian powers which change the structure of her Ki. Althena looks at everyone around her saying " these visions and somehow my body feels strange like my Awareness and sensing has been heighted."

" I don't know why but I can sense the Guardian of this planet as well as another?" " this is just so strange to me." Althena looks at Jinzi saying as a imagine of his name pops in her head " your name is Jinzi Pantaloon and this place I'm in is called Capsule Corp." " wait that's strange how did I know that."

" I shouldn't know who you are or this place's name." " I never met you before." Unbeknownst to Althena the moment Jinzi use his scanner on her is the moment her clairvoyance kick in. Althena sits down saying " seeing visions , knowing people I shouldn't and not be able to sense my own Ki."

" what is happen to me?" " one thing I know for certain is I don't have to keep wearing this bulky clothing any longer." Althena first takes off her backpack and it hits the ground with a loud thud. then she takes off her bulky clothing and it too hits the ground with a loud thud as she says " yeah that's a lot better."

underneath Althena's bulky clothing was a monk type attire that shows off her muscular figure. Qaztoh skin turns yellow indicated that she's shock as she says " wow my ancestor is buff!" Praxat replies to this saying " you can say that again." Praxat then looks at Jinzi saying " Jinzi sir what does the scanner say about Althena ?"
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Sasheem was silent and let Zaofan speak. This lumberjack was obviously not all he appeared to be. ...Or maybe he was and he'd just happened to have a shockingly sharp sense of ki.

...Sasheem wondered if he had any pancakes.