Page 418 of 782 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar simply blinks from where she is with Shek'hinah, and waits for the tension to die down before asking.

"Did you intentionally dress yourself that way ?"

With the amount of metal chains, and the drape that seemed to hand between its legs with a gaudy bauble dragging along at the end of it ... one certainly hoped not.

“No, my maids and servents dressed me while I was a fracking horn. Of course Indressed myself. Hellfire you’re stupid aren’t you?”

Sheki bristles but says nothing as he insults you.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Seated there beneath the slow, swaying boughs of the trees, the forest seemed permeated at once with its bounds of solitude with a perfect stillness. In this pristine moment, one might be pass it by. Within idle serenity there was so much more.

How savage, that primal conflict, the atavistic will of predator and prey. The natural law bound all manner of living things to blind ambition, of a struggle desperately to survive within the rush of the living world, to rend by tooth and claw a space to claim dominion. All for a pre-ordained time of brilliance, then to fall into shadow when all was spent.

The roots dug deep, drawing its sustenance from far within the Earth, the unseen formless power woven deep within all that rose from its surface. Ochazuke, beholding it in its raw state was filled with a silent awe, and became aware of the sublime path it wove. He felt it there, slowed to a rhythm between long-drawn breaths, from the tapestry of shed leaf and needle and cone shrouding the innumerable denizens of the forest. The interconnectedness of all which drew sustenance, from glasslike spore projections, the unfurling lichen, and the trunk to his back which reached toward the sun and sky above. There was in this effortless expanse a continuous growth and motion, nigh imperceptible in the subtle order of things.

Long had Ochazuke sought the means to a purpose greater than the conceit of violence. How could a creature as rational as man with all his reason and virtue and greater vision be taken with jealous folly? For all the knowledge acquired through the generations, so often was it that by guarded fear once-noble ideas were twisted, sequestered, and fell to rest, forever to be forgotten. And yet here there remained, emanating immaterial, that undeniable silent strength, and with it the hidden muse drawn from the Earth itself.

Could this be it? His ki chased from the upper limits of the tree body to its bold tether below the ground, and followed that collective mind through Barlon's silent shrine; stretched firm with the idea of Tao'ro woven path, with all the speed of a prowling guardian, and his awareness moved went beyond unlike any depths he had known before. Shall the will of the Master of Masters save this world? Or will it be its doom?

one hundred thousand fleeting visions, an essence restored of within that which they called form, technique the distillation in that unknowable force they claimed, like beasts, to be their territory alone. Perhaps it had been the innate knowledge to mirror the human pursuit of that sublime idea in nature. Ochazuke understood then, immediately, that it was all of it connected, an inspiration drawn from the spiritual heart of the planet, silently binding all of those upon it together.

And drawing the ire of those who would destroy it.

He saw then a vision there in the distance. Vermilion feathers, the marker of grave grounds which swallowed dry the crystalline tears of an age past. A memory-echo coursed through the Earth, begging to be heard once more.

Ochazuke's eyes snapped open from his meditation, and he took to a knee, placing a hand on the ground before him. His fatigued countenance was revived by a force he'd never comprehended before, yet somehow innately knew. He drew it within him as he felt that great unifying source connection, and found renewed vigour to pursue their great martial ancestor. Slowly rising to his feet, it took great effort to contain the font of power, and near as much to let it go.

"My thanks for your guidance," he said. He brought his fingertips to his eyes, pressing them quietly together for a moment. "Barlon...little remains about the Master Zxu'ro but for the faces of his Ten. Do you know anything of that higher purpose he sought?"
    Barlon nods.

“My grandfather told me what had been told by his grand father and on down our line. He told me that Zxu’ro had found something. A power or strength no human had achieved. He saw that it was necessary to reach for it, to seek it out, to secure humanity a peaceful existence. He journeyed to find that power, to obtain it and eventually teach it to his worthy successors.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “No, my maids and servents dressed me while I was a fracking horn. Of course Indressed myself. Hellfire you’re stupid aren’t you?”

Sheki bristles but says nothing as he insults you.
    Ishtar cracked a smile.

"I am neither the one who trapped himself in a horn, for several millennia nor the one who does not understand that a loincloth that long will do nothing but get caught on things, and make you trip down stairs." The Oni responded.

"Though at the ... least, the sarcasm held up. Even if your wits departed long ago."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar cracked a smile.

"I am neither the one who trapped himself in a horn, for several millennia nor the one who does not understand that a loincloth that long will do nothing but get caught on things, and make you trip down stairs." The Oni responded.

"Though at the ... least, the sarcasm held up. Even if your wits departed long ago."
    He flips you off.

“The cloth retracts in combat.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default A Bad Case of the Shingens

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Heh...heh..." The Majin couldn't help but give off a chuckle at the chef's predicament, before turning back to the helmed figured before him. "And yeah, Sasheem's the sole survivor for a reason, if you catch his drift, old timer. The other practitioners...they couldn't hang with him."
    Shingen's curiosity is piqued. "If you're the sole survivor, and the others couldn't hang with you, then the logical conclusion is that... AHHH...!" He points at Sasheem, slightly bent over in enthusiasm. "Hm, you are very promising indeed!"

"You're damn right!" Sasheem nodded. "And if you don't believe Sasheem, than you could just ask the millions...and MILLIONS of his victims! They can give you a first hand account of how The Greater Annihilator goes about his business! Of course...lately, there's hasn't been much of a-"

"Oh, great. The cavalry," Sasheem yawned, glancing back at Shingen, whispering "Looks like we may have to fight, old timer. Nothing personal, just gotta keep up appearances..."

In no small part, due to that damn knife.
    With his face hidden behind the mask and face plate, Shingen can only look him directly in the eyes while Sasheem whispers back, "The game's afoot, I see. Hm!"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Sasheem would hardly call any of 'em friends. Hell, he'd hardly call them acquaintances..." the Majin muttered. "But, hey if you know of a way to remove that binding spell..."
    Shingen sizes up the situation, the foes coming at him, but continues to receive Sasheem's words. "I do not. But I've a... let's say, a friend... who I am sure would like to try."

Sasheem quickly takes what appears to be the most sinister, malevolent looking 'card' in his life....Cool! "Sasheem thanks you Lord Shingen. He'll keep this card in mind. But for now, as Sasheem stated before..." the Majin stated, raising a hand and firing off some standard ki blasts at Shingen, knowing they'd do little to affect him.
    The blasts hit Shingen right in the chest plate, square and dead center. He looks down at the smoke emanating from the slight burns, then looks at Sasheem. If one could smize, that would be it. Shingen rushes at Sasheem, grabbing the Majin's shoulder with great speed. But for a split second, taking advantage of both their speeds, Shingen turns his head slightly to make direct eye contact with Sashseem, and he merely winks, an acknowledgement of kindred spirits. This ruse, to make it appear that Shingen is tackling Sasheem, instead gently pushes him aside to instead rocket towards other targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "What? What the hell for?" Held asked as he ran to his friends side, Zaofan's explanation of events causing more questions than answers for the Nevadian.

Princess? Who the hell is he talking about? Parsley's dead and Sarada's a Queen, and she isn't even here right now.....

"Actually, we'll get to that later, I guess." He said with a sigh, assuming a fighting stance of his own, the point of his spear aimed at the foe. "Beat first, talk later."
    Meanwhile, Zaofan's breathing has gotten heavier. The Wolf's Prowl wears off, and he's back to his usual speed -- if he could get to his feet, that is. "Th-the princess from... Terra. She and Wilheim are the biggest... deposit of blood energy that... he's looking for!"

"...Is that what I sound like when I introduce myself?" Held whispered to Zaofan, "I always thought it was good to give my full name, and I'm pretty proud of my heritage--And it's rude not to do a full introduction, I think...But hearing this guy go on.....I almost zoned him out."

No. It's fine. Held Debron of Nevada. Unicorn Clan. Short, to the point. Elegant. Not like that guys at all.
    "Ag-greed. Sh-show demons what... unicorns can... do...!"

"Umm....Not to rudely interrupt." Held said wearily, his headache only compounding from his opponents verbosity, "But maybe we can talk about this? You seem to like talking, and I'm not particularly sure what it is you really want those two for...So I'd prefer not to have a deathmatch until I'm sure our aims are completely different....What do you want?"
    The Half-Shingen that Zaofan had been fighting takes advantage of Held's attention being focused on the Shingen speaking with Sasheem. He grabs Held's spear with one hand, and with the other he fires a three-hit punch combo across the face, chest, and gut. Still holding on to the spear, he tosses Held into a spiral, and slamming him into the wall. "Maybe a deathmatch is what I would want, eh? You're just as saturated in blood energy from the other world as Zaofan! Incredible! That is excellent! That means I can kill some of you to bathe in your energy, and keep others like you alive! There's no need to be greedy...!"

Shingen draws out his Oni Sword, the sword with the tusk of a demon as its hilt, with a deceptively sharp blade, to match the mighty spear. "I'm famished, though. I feel like half the man I used to be. Time to fix that! CHOU NINPO! JIYADEN!" He stabs the sword downward to the Lookout's floor, and sends out a path of quakes, electricity, and smoke right at Held. He then follows with a spread of fireballs. "CHOU NINPO! DAI HINOTAMA!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

Hm. Alright, two demon looking guys in weird armor. What, are they twins? Ah, well, doesn't matter.

Looking at the situation, Ishtar, Held, and Zaofan seemed to be fighting the two twins, with Sasheem just sitting there uselessly. No surprise there.

An excited grin touched her lips. Scarlet red ki wrapped around her hands and feet before she dashed in beside Zaofan to kick the demon guy in the face. "A fight, Zaofan? And you didn't invite me? I'm hurt. Ahahaha!"
    After Half-Shingen shoots his fireballs at Held, he is knocked to the side, off his feet but recovering by diving into a roll and getting into a crouch.

Zaofan barely manages to get up, drawing upon the inspirational strength of seeing Ishtar, then Held, and now Sarada herself join the battle. "Sarada!" he says meekly. "I would've invited you had I known...! The more the merrier!"

Just then, Sarada hears behind her, "I'll say!" Before she can turn around, she is ambushed from the back: "CHOU NINPO! HYAKURETSU KEN!" A hundred blows rain on her from behind, several aimed at pressure points meant for a human body.

The Half-Shingen is crouched to the side, the second Shingen -- Sasheem's Shingen -- withdraws his fist in satisfaction. "You there! With the tail! You must be among the strongest of Zaofan's friends, are you not? But you're strong in more ways than one! Respect."

With both Shingens' swords drawn, they begin circling Sarada, ready to engage and cut down front and back, when suddenly...

Before Ishtar could offer a response, she felt the self-proclaimed 'Demon Lord' strike her a series of times, only for her to be quickly blasted away from -- and ultimately through -- the Lookout's surface.

As she righted herself, from the minor inconvenience then, too, the eight blows that had struck her detonated in their various Places. Causing Ishtar to grimace, blood leaking from her mouth.

"Bothersome."

Shaking it off, the golden-eyed Oni broke into a sprint to gain momentum, before e teleporting beside the fleeing Ryu; slamming into him broadside to knock him off course.
    ...one of the Shingens is slammed, flying sideways at painful speeds. The other Shingen left standing turns towards the attacker, and sees the source: none other than Ishtar with her threat:

"You will regret that, boy."
    "What?! HOW? How are you back?!" This Shingen momentarily drops his stance, torso snapping back just a bit with his shoulders tense and arms down, more in outrage than anything towards Ishtar. "And did you just call me 'Boy'? Who the hell do you think you are, youngblood? I come here looking for info, and this is the reception I get?" He points to his other half, trying to peel himself off the wall. "Get back here! You're embarrassing muh-- *"

Just then, this Shingen is slammed in the chest, off his feet and to the same wall as his copy, courtesy of an Optic Blast. Anyone turning to see the source of the blast will see Zaofan standing weakly, legs and knees somewhat bent inward as he uses Bojack as a cane to bear his weight, as his eyes cackle with energy. "Shingen! You're a disgrace! A warrior bathed in death, coming after warriors of life! Coming after refugees! How DARE you!"

Both Shingens (Shingen-1, Shingen-2) stand up, adjust their armor, and dust themselves off. Then, with swords drawn, one goes after Ishtar and another after Sarada, both firing simultaneously their waves of energy from their swords, ignoring Zaofan, Held, and Sasheem altogether. In unison: "CHOU NINPO! SHIPUZAN!"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The ki slowly receded, and with it faded the bloody shadow cast by its illumination. Yet Ochazuke gaze seared right into the man's soul.

"It is, as you say, the courtesy of a Crane, true to form," He seized Toh Magoh by the collar and lift him up off of his feet. "And so I shall return it in kind to you."
    "Wha-wait - WAIT!" Toh Magoh's feet flap almost amusingly in the air, his desperate grip on Ochazuke's pull, all for naught considering the rather sizeable gap in power between the two of them. Toh Magoh naturally attempts the Shiyoken Four Arms technique, with two hands attempting to resist the pull while another two attempt to pummel Ochazuke to let go, all to no avail. If there was ever a better example of how truth overpowers lies, this would be it. " If he wasn't in the air, the fraud of the Neo Crane would get on his knees if he could. "Alright ALRIGHT! I'm no Crane! Bu-but Zaofan saved me! Honest! A-and I know Chahan!"
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-14-2018 at 06:14 PM.

The Nevadian's eyes widened as he looked at the gigantic stack of gold, slack jawed.

The Droids optic sensors lit up at the display of wealth. "Processing...Caluclating...Tabulating....Plea se wait."

It's optics went back to normal, it's task done.

"Jesus, Jack, where the hell did you get all that?!" Held asked, clearly in shock, "You've been carrying that around since when?!"
    Jack scratched his neck with a slightly ashamed look on his face. "I dug it up inbetween coming back from you-know-where and when Jagam showed up," he explained. "As to where I got it....let's just say I 'inherited' it and leave it at that."

He had inherited it. After his gang died, and after they'd stolen it from that armored car.

"Oh, You will be afforded our finest accommodations, Good Sir!" The Droid continued, without losing a beat, "We will gladly open up an Imperial Suite for you--free of charge, of course--in our finest hotel."

Reaching into a compartment on its side, the host procured a single golden card, with an elaborate engraving.

"We shall deposit your funds into our bank, gracious sir." The Droid explained, "All of your funds are heavily protected, and insured in the unlikely event of an unforeseen loss. This key not only allows access to your funds, but allows you access to the most lavish of our facilities. Very few doors will be closed to you."

The Droid handed the card to Jack, as a long, stretch limo appeared, hovering off the ground slightly.

Two lesser droids appeared, rolling a red carpet out to the back seats of the vehicle, as the driver clad in black exited the vehicle, before opening the door, bowing his head.

"Please, enjoy your time in Space Vegas." The Droid said, mustering its most pleasant tone.
    Jack inclined his head a bit and tapped the side of his head, "I'm sure we will, thank you very much for your assistance."

"Welp," Jack said, turning to Held, "Looks like that was enough!" He gestured from held to the limo, in the time honored 'after you' expression

Before Jack entered the limo, his mind processed something that the Droid had said, and he turned back to ask him one more thing. "You mentioned a few doors would be closed to us...since I certainly don't want to accidently go through those doors, would you mind telling me what kind of doors those might be?"

Like where you keep those wage slaves you were beating on earlier?

Default The Big E's

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ".....Fate? Curious phrasing......have you been listening to a little blue bird....." Parsic whispered, the crack down her face oozing some sort of a blackish liquid even as she hung from Ishtars hand. "....tick tock...so ends the clock...When she learns the blue birdy talked...so ends the cl..ock....."

Parsic narrowed her eyes, suddenly a look of contemplation passing over her. "....I see.....I see.....what a clever birdy.....playing both sides is she. It doesn't matter...I love her all the same. I'm sorry...what was your question?"

Parsic hung in her grip a moment longer before raising her finger. "Your looking for fate yes? If you grab your head and twist til you hear the snap I'm sure you'll get to meet the fate you deserve......even if its not the one you want. Here...I'll show you..." Parsics hands shot up, to out to Ishtar, but swifty onto her own head....twisting with such immediate and overwhelming force and crack that followed was like the thunderbolt. Parsics body went limp in Ishtars hand....a twisted smile on her still bleeding face as it began to dissolve away along with the rest of her body.

It was similar to the way Erosa dissolved after being "killed", no doubt the easy way out given the situation.

Yet as the last vestages of her form dissipated, Ishtar heard a mental whisper. ".....If you want your answer....ask the little ones among the ruins. I'll see you again soon..."
    Zaofan floats there in disbelief, the sheer shock of watching suicide in front of him. "Wait, that... is that it? Ishtar, she's gone!"

Ishtar shook her head.

"I am unbound by the machinations of my ... Aunt, what awaits me after Death; is not for her to decide."

Before much else could pass between them however, Parsic took the coward's way, breaking her own neck with such force that a shockwave caused Ishtar to stagger. Though she offered a singular insight:

'Check with the little ones'.

Clearly the Foci, undoubtedly upset -- yet alive -- in the ruins of Etrina's home.

As the corpse began to dissolve however; Ishtar realized something, and so with a slowing of time the Familiar's dissipation ground to a halt.

It was curious, Cthylla's response ... that the Void familiar was not wholly of 'them', yet and still she was undoubtedly ... touched. A being of both worlds, Void, and Creation; with an energy to match.

"Hm."

Ishtar moved quickly then, hand upon the time locked corpse, and set about pilfering the binary spark that remained ... and when it was finished, the golden-eyed Oni allowed the Void familiar's leavings to disintegrate.

Before turning to Zaofan.

"Help me find the Foci. We need to find Etrina, and Erosa swiftly."
    Zaofan nods, somehow nodding louder than his words can manage. "Yes! I'm on it!" Activating the Wolf's Prowl, Zaofan's speed increases by a factor of 3 -- but now there must be more deliberation here; being able to cover ground more quickly is one thing, but lacking the ability to yell is frustrating. He expands his ki sense as best as possible. Still, even concern overrides logic at times. "Etrina...! Erosa...! Are you out *hack hack koff COUGH* Eh-Etri-NAAAAA!"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "What a mess...." Chronas voiced loudly at the wreaking of Etrinas house, closely and loudly enough for the three to hear her. If the three were to scan the environment now...they would find the PLs that had been inside the house were now gone completely. Only they remained now....and Chrona, though she had done well in suppressing her powerlevel. Not so much her voice however.

"Well......In any event....I suppose this was inevitable.....Hey, Oni! Goddess! Cook! Your not dead right? Come out....we have work to do if you want that happy ending...."
    "Chrona...! I can't... I can't find them...! I can't... I can't..." The weakness of breath seems to emphasize Zaofan of the relative hopelessness of the situation, and indeed the possibility that Etrina and Erosa may have simply outright died on their own birthday. "Ishtar! Asha'rah! I can't find them!"
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-13-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The demon spits on the ground, a small portion of it turning to stone.

“Well ****, Lasy Asha’rah herself. An honor.”

He mockingly bows, but the slight fear in his eyes is noticeable. He looks around and sneers a bit, though he gives Sihn and his gun a look of acknowledgement towards his situation.

“What do you want of me?”
    Asha'rah smiled, enjoying listening to Ishtar's jibes. The oni's devotion to truth did not in any way blunt her tongue when she got in the mood. Leaning in to look Daben in the eye, Asha'rah's own gleamed with a mischief somehow both relaxed and poised, like a cat that has already caught its prey.

"Why, information of course. You will tell us everything you know about Sakin, the conspiracy you participated in, the names and locations of other members and their end goal."

A smirk and a short chuckle, sending wisps of smoky hair towards the ceiling. One would be wise to acknowledge the realities of the situation.

"Well, nearly everything. You might attempt to keep a portion for yourself, of course, an insurance plan in case you need to and are able to go into hiding again. But as we confirm what you tell us with our own eyes, your value to us alive will increase. It will be worth taking measures to protect you from reprisal. Why, your life might even get a little comfortable again. But if your information is of insufficient value to us, well, you are a traitor to both sides of the War in the Heavens and would be punished as such."

In truth, Asha'rah would have loved it very much on a base level if Daben gave them an excuse to end him. Being played for a fool by a conspiracy was one thing. But she had called upon legions of the heavenly host to rise up with her in a war for the fate of all things. So many had sacrificed themselves for her cause against hopeless odds, fighting a doomed war against an omnipotent child-god. And in such a time of great trial and calling, Daben and his ilk had sought to manipulate the whole struggle to frame both parties and gain power for themselves. She wanted to believe Sakin and all who followed the rogue angel had had some secret noble motive, some greater goal they hoped to accomplish. Part of her also wanted them all dead for what appeared on its face to be a betrayal of everything they were supposed to stand for. But killing Deban would do little by itself to bring the isolation of six universes to a close. So she smiled, and let the playful joy of a God of Creation take center stage.

"I invite you to show us why we should let you live, Lord Deban."
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 11-14-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat hurries to the Look out and when she lands down on the Lookout she hands Althena her weighted training gear and the book of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam saying " here these belong to you." Althena looks at them saying " ah yes my training gear and the Book of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam. " I must have left them back at Capsule Corp thank you for bring them to me." Praxat replies to this saying " no thanks necessary." " also I would love to gauge you legendary strength in a sparring match but I have to get back to Capsule Corp now."

Praxat quickly flies back to Capsule Corp. Althena looks at Eva saying " it was nice of her to bring me my stuff wasn't it?" " in my hands is the book of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam the once official fighting style of my people." " to think 1,000 years ago it was abolished by my people, because a being name Zykona told them to."

" a fighting style that my people have been using for 500,000 years." " a style that Toadian who just left ancestor Vivian created 500,000 years ago ." " also I just realize that since it's been 2,000 years since I was frozen by that Demon Nya that I'm the only living Master of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam." " my descendant Qaztoh mention something to me about Nya when I was at Capsule Corp ."

" she mention that Nya was short for Nyarlathotep !" " those also my train gear in my hands which is 800 kilograms of weighted clothing." " often wear this training gear and was found frozen wearing it." " I don't get much benefit from it since I can basically almost move around normally wearing it."

" however wearing the training gear still effects my movement but not by a whole lot." " it's weight was hardly noticeable to me but I'm no longer a warrior." " so I have no used for this stuff but I'll keep it for sentimental reasons."
    for Cleric .

Althena pauses for a moment saying " before you say anything I hasn't a blood thirsty warrior." " going on beating up people and fighting for the sake of fighting isn't the Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam way." " Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam in my native tongue means Way of the Peaceful Warrior." "it is a style meant for bettering oneself."

" I had practice the style ever since I was a kid." " I was thought it by my first mentor Sonia Luue." " she thought me how to protect myself and how to take care of my body." " by the time I met Doxal when he was still the Guardian of Qacriea I was already quite strong."

"when we first met he saw me wrestle a Vear but back then I could see that he knew I was only holding it down so I could remove the thing that was causing it so much pain." " a stone that was stuck in it's paw." " I even clean it's paw and bandage it so it wouldn't get infected." "when I became Doxal's Apprentice I still kept up my practice in Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam until I had achieve mastery of it."

" being the Toadian princess back than I was tore between being the Qacriea's next Guardian and being Toadian Kingdom's next Queen." " I choose to become a Queen because I not Doxal still had plenty of time left." " when I hit to go see him 2,000 years ago I was currently the Toadian Queen."

"I was going to ask him if he knew any way to solve my peoples rapid growing population problem." " to my surprise instead of meet Doxal at Gukraimano ." " I was met with Nya who claim to be a demon." " he frozen me and sent me to a planet far away from my on."

" so he could replace me with some naive being and convince them that were the Qacriea's newest Guardian. " " all for one big practical joke." " because of that so call demon I been wrongfully banded as the worst queen in history of the Toadian Kingdom." "Queen who abandoned her people and her kingdom when that isn't even the truth."

"well I have faith that my descendent Qaztoh will make a great Queen." " maybe I should teach her Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam ?" "still it's awful what my descendent told me this Zykona did to my people." " she told me that this Zykona had brainwashed them into worship her like she was some kind of all powerful goddess." " naturally I'm disgusted by this Zykona's actions."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Chrona...! I can't... I can't find them...! I can't... I can't..." The weakness of breath seems to emphasize Zaofan of the relative hopelessness of the situation, and indeed the possibility that Etrina and Erosa may have simply outright died on their own birthday. "Ishtar! Asha'rah! I can't find them!"
    "That's because they're not here....Her Father took her home." Chrona bent forward and gave the cook a tap on his throat, bringing a strange sensation followed by relief from the damage. "Now quit your moaning....If you wanna save her, I got something that needs you and only you....but first you need a connection....So get digging."

Chrona motioned to the nearby rubble.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

After Half-Shingen shoots his fireballs at Held, he is knocked to the side, off his feet but recovering by diving into a roll and getting into a crouch.

Zaofan barely manages to get up, drawing upon the inspirational strength of seeing Ishtar, then Held, and now Sarada herself join the battle. "Sarada!" he says meekly. "I would've invited you had I known...! The more the merrier!"

Just then, Sarada hears behind her, "I'll say!" Before she can turn around, she is ambushed from the back: "CHOU NINPO! HYAKURETSU KEN!" A hundred blows rain on her from behind, several aimed at pressure points meant for a human body.

The Half-Shingen is crouched to the side, the second Shingen -- Sasheem's Shingen -- withdraws his fist in satisfaction. "You there! With the tail! You must be among the strongest of Zaofan's friends, are you not? But you're strong in more ways than one! Respect."

With both Shingens' swords drawn, they begin circling Sarada, ready to engage and cut down front and back, when suddenly...
    "Hey!" Before she could respond to Zaofan, she was suddenly... poked repeatedly in the back. It hurt, in the same way being poked really hard repeatedly should hurt. "Quit poking me, weirdo!"

Mercifully, he stopped before he reached her ticklish spot. "You're damn right I'm strong, and I'm here to help Zaofan beat your ass." Demon Guy and his twin brother circled around her, swords drawn in preparation of a two-on-one assault. Unfair, but not the most unfair odds she had ever faced. All she had to do was keep them in front of her and she would be fine. And it wasn't like she was going to be fighting by herself.

...one of the Shingens is slammed, flying sideways at painful speeds. The other Shingen left standing turns towards the attacker, and sees the source: none other than Ishtar with her threat:

"What?! HOW? How are you back?!" This Shingen momentarily drops his stance, torso snapping back just a bit with his shoulders tense and arms down, more in outrage than anything towards Ishtar. "And did you just call me 'Boy'? Who the hell do you think you are, youngblood? I come here looking for info, and this is the reception I get?" He points to his other half, trying to peel himself off the wall. "Get back here! You're embarrassing muh-- *"

Just then, this Shingen is slammed in the chest, off his feet and to the same wall as his copy, courtesy of an Optic Blast. Anyone turning to see the source of the blast will see Zaofan standing weakly, legs and knees somewhat bent inward as he uses Bojack as a cane to bear his weight, as his eyes cackle with energy. "Shingen! You're a disgrace! A warrior bathed in death, coming after warriors of life! Coming after refugees! How DARE you!"

Both Shingens (Shingen-1, Shingen-2) stand up, adjust their armor, and dust themselves off. Then, with swords drawn, one goes after Ishtar and another after Sarada, both firing simultaneously their waves of energy from their swords, ignoring Zaofan, Held, and Sasheem altogether. In unison: "CHOU NINPO! SHIPUZAN!"
    Case in point, Ishtar arrived, much to the Demon's indignation. After spouting off that indignation, he was planted in the same wall as his brother, courtesy of an oddly weak Zaofan. "Eh? Why can you barely stand, Zaofan? Tired already?"

No matter. She and Ishtar could more than handle these two clowns. Plus, there was Held and she believed she sensed Ochazuke nearby. "We got your back, Zao!"

The two Demon brothers charged her and Ishtar, firing off twin energy blasts after spouting off some nonsense. Sarada let loose a Roar of Defiance to deflect the energy blast, then charged to meet Shingan 1. She engaged him, activating Offensive Intuition to attack his blind spots that opened when he tried to attack her. She was wary of his sword, so she kept an eye on that.

"What's your deal? Why are you attacking the Lookout and my friends?!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah smiled, enjoying listening to Ishtar's jibes. The oni's devotion to truth did not in any way blunt her tongue when she got in the mood. Leaning in to look Daben in the eye, Asha'rah's own gleamed with a mischief somehow both relaxed and poised, like a cat that has already caught its prey.

"Why, information of course. You will tell us everything you know about Sakin, the conspiracy you participated in, the names and locations of other members and their end goal."

A smirk and a short chuckle, sending wisps of smoky hair towards the ceiling. One would be wise to acknowledge the realities of the situation.

"Well, nearly everything. You might attempt to keep a portion for yourself, of course, an insurance plan in case you need to and are able to go into hiding again. But as we confirm what you tell us with our own eyes, your value to us alive will increase. It will be worth taking measures to protect you from reprisal. Why, your life might even get a little comfortable again. But if your information is of insufficient value to us, well, you are a traitor to both sides of the War in the Heavens and would be punished as such."

In truth, Asha'rah would have loved it very much on a base level if Daben gave them an excuse to end him. Being played for a fool by a conspiracy was one thing. But she had called upon legions of the heavenly host to rise up with her in a war for the fate of all things. So many had sacrificed themselves for her cause against hopeless odds, fighting a doomed war against an omnipotent child-god. And in such a time of great trial and calling, Daben and his ilk had sought to manipulate the whole struggle to frame both parties and gain power for themselves. She wanted to believe Sakin and all who followed the rogue angel had had some secret noble motive, some greater goal they hoped to accomplish. Part of her also wanted them all dead for what appeared on its face to be a betrayal of everything they were supposed to stand for. But killing Deban would do little by itself to bring the isolation of six universes to a close. So she smiled, and let the playful joy of a God of Creation take center stage.

"I invite you to show us why we should let you live, Lord Deban."
    “Hey, blackmail it is then. Sakin is gone. Hiding and eating Kami. Not even the Grand Priest can find him. Stine, Hammer, who knows. Banefire is dead, most others are dead, Mead is trapped, Cancer and Trauma are on the Frost Demon homeworld, and that’s all you’re getting for now.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    for Cleric .

Althena pauses for a moment saying " before you say anything I hasn't a blood thirsty warrior." " going on beating up people and fighting for the sake of fighting isn't the Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam way." " Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam in my native tongue means Way of the Peaceful Warrior." "it is a style meant for bettering oneself."

" I had practice the style ever since I was a kid." " I was thought it by my first mentor Sonia Luue." " she thought me how to protect myself and how to take care of my body." " by the time I met Doxal when he was still the Guardian of Qacriea I was already quite strong."

"when we first met he saw me wrestle a Vear but back then I could see that he knew I was only holding it down so I could remove the thing that was causing it so much pain." " a stone that was stuck in it's paw." " I even clean it's paw and bandage it so it wouldn't get infected." "when I became Doxal's Apprentice I still kept up my practice in Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam until I had achieve mastery of it."

" being the Toadian princess back than I was tore between being the Qacriea's next Guardian and being Toadian Kingdom's next Queen." " I choose to become a Queen because I not Doxal still had plenty of time left." " when I hit to go see him 2,000 years ago I was currently the Toadian Queen."

"I was going to ask him if he knew any way to solve my peoples rapid growing population problem." " to my surprise instead of meet Doxal at Gukraimano ." " I was met with Nya who claim to be a demon." " he frozen me and sent me to a planet far away from my on."

" so he could replace me with some naive being and convince them that were the Qacriea's newest Guardian. " " all for one big practical joke." " because of that so call demon I been wrongfully banded as the worst queen in history of the Toadian Kingdom." "Queen who abandoned her people and her kingdom when that isn't even the truth."

"well I have faith that my descendent Qaztoh will make a great Queen." " maybe I should teach her Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam ?" "still it's awful what my descendent told me this Zykona did to my people." " she told me that this Zykona had brainwashed them into worship her like she was some kind of all powerful goddess." " naturally I'm disgusted by this Zykona's actions."
    Eva nods.

“Hopefully we can deal with the false guardian at some point.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack scratched his neck with a slightly ashamed look on his face. "I dug it up inbetween coming back from you-know-where and when Jagam showed up," he explained. "As to where I got it....let's just say I 'inherited' it and leave it at that."

He had inherited it. After his gang died, and after they'd stolen it from that armored car.

Jack inclined his head a bit and tapped the side of his head, "I'm sure we will, thank you very much for your assistance."

"Welp," Jack said, turning to Held, "Looks like that was enough!" He gestured from held to the limo, in the time honored 'after you' expression

Before Jack entered the limo, his mind processed something that the Droid had said, and he turned back to ask him one more thing. "You mentioned a few doors would be closed to us...since I certainly don't want to accidently go through those doors, would you mind telling me what kind of doors those might be?"

Like where you keep those wage slaves you were beating on earlier?
    "Well naturally, we wouldn't be able to allow you access to our vaults." The Droid said, nodding it's head "And there are a few 'behind the scenes' areas that are needed to be kept private to keep the heart of Space Vegas speaking so to speak. Collections, Security, Slav--Err, Customer and Patron communication areas, and so forth. Really, the sort of thing someone who came here on the same sort of quest as you and your friend would find tedious, I'm sure."

"Yo!" Held said, gesturing for their driver to open the limo trunk, which he did hastily, scurrying around as if anything but the utmost speed would result in offense. The trunk opened, and the Nevadian casually threw the bag of Zeni into the trunk. "I guess since you provided the room and board, I'll see just how far cold cash gets you in this town, eh?"

"Sir, our banks would be glad to accommodate yo--"

"After all, who doesn't enjoy the feeling of tossing Zeni here and there, am I right? Especially if you have it to burn, I thought I would throw my back out carrying that thing around. That won't be a problem, will it?"

"No....Sir..." The Droid said reluctantly, "We like to keep everything regulated by card to deter the undesirables from taking...Well, undesirable action, but strictly speaking, it's not against our policy."

"Sweet." Held said with a smile, reaching into his pocket near the driver. The driver flinched, bracing himself for impact.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, realizing the Nevadian had procured a zeni coin for the tired man, plopping it into his hand before patting him on the back, and entering the limo. If Held noticed the mans expression change from fear to gratitude, he didn't show any signs of it.

"...Uh......" A clearly confused Held could be heard from within the limo, for once at a loss for words. "....Hi?.....I-Is this part of the Imperial Package?"

Astonishing Member

Shingen's curiosity is piqued. "If you're the sole survivor, and the others couldn't hang with you, then the logical conclusion is that... AHHH...!" He then points at Sasheem, slightly bent over in enthusiasm. "Hm, you are very promising indeed!"

With his face hidden behind the mask and face plate, Shingen can only look him directly in the eyes while Sasheem whispers back, "The game's afoot, I see. Hm!"

Shingen sizes up the situation, the foes coming at him, but continues to receive Sasheem's words. "I do not. But I've a... let's say, a friend... who I am sure would like to try."

The blasts hit Shingen right in the chest plate, square and dead center. He looks down at the smoke emanating from the slight burns, then looks at Sasheem. If one could smize, that would be it. Shingen rushes at Sasheem, grabbing the Majin's shoulder with great speed. But for a split second, taking advantage of both their speeds, Shingen turns his head slightly to make direct eye contact with Sashseem, and he merely winks, an acknowledgement of kindred spirits. This ruse, to make it appear that Shingen is tackling Sasheem, instead gently pushes him aside to instead rocket towards other targets.

Meanwhile, Zaofan's breathing has gotten heavier. The Wolf's Prowl has worn off, and he's back to his usual speed -- if he could get to his feet, that is. "Th-the princess from... Terra. She and Wilheim are the biggest... deposit of blood energy that... he's looking for. We must... protect them!"

"Ag-greed. Sh-show demons what... unicorns can... do...!"
    "Jeez, Zao....I guess when you put it that way, I really do have to take this seriously." Held said with a sigh, pushing back the fatigue that plagued his body as a side effect of being a living being this day. "Bu--"

The Half-Shingen that Zaofan had been fighting takes advantage of Held's attention being focused on the Shingen speaking with Sasheem. He grabs Held's spear with one hand, and with the other he fires a three-hit punch combo across the face, chest, and gut. Still holding on to the spear, he tosses Held into a spiral, and slamming him into the wall. "Maybe a deathmatch is what I would want, eh? You're just as saturated in blood energy from the other world as Zaofan! Incredible! That is excellent! That means I can kill some of you to bathe in your energy, and keep others like you alive! There's no need to be greedy...!"
    The Nevadian barely managed to keep down the various fluids that resided within his stomach as Shingen launched his furious assault at him, before launching into the wall with blistering speed, making it even more of a struggle for the Nevadian to maintain himself. He slumped against the wall, fractured from the force of the impact.

...Damn...I got careless. Still...He seems like the real deal.

Shingen draws out his Oni Sword, the sword with the tusk of a demon as its hilt, with a deceptively sharp blade, to match the mighty spear. "I'm famished, though. I feel like half the man I used to be. Time to fix that! CHOU NINPO! JIYADEN!" He stabs the sword downward to the Lookout's floor, and sends out a path of quakes, electricity, and smoke right at Held. He then follows with a spread of fireballs. "CHOU NINPO! DAI HINOTAMA!"
    The Nevadians eyes widened and he grumbled something incoherently as the wave of destruction came barrelling towards him, bearing all manner of pain and suffering. From the look of the attack, The Demon Lord had thrown everything but the kitchen sink at the warrior.

Shaking out the cobwebs, Held rushed forwards to meet the attack, plunging his spear into the ground before him.

Piercing Horn Forest!

An eruption of Ki could be seen as all manner of energy constructs burst from the ground below like a shockwave, spiking and jutting around the Nevadian, varying in size and shape, at once meeting Shingens attack, and serving as a barrier to it, The Nevadian lunged backwards, landing on one branch, and then another, narrowly avoiding the blazing fireballs sent his way, wincing from the immense heat.

The Nevadian growled, his teeth grinding as he glared murderously at the days challenge.

This guy is starting to piss me off...

Shingan!

Held smirked to himself, the Shingens being so distracted by the Oni and Saiyan that they practically turned their backs to the rest of the warriors assembled.

Crouching slightly, the Nevadian jumped into the air, leaping several yards above the head of the Shingen targeting Ishtar, his spear pointed downwards, raw energy coursing through it.