Page 452 of 782 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The ships are now past the asteroid belt and moving closer to Earth.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Asha’rah, a foot plants itself in your chest, denting it in and sending you flying backwards into Nevalinna, the two of you then grabbed and thrown into the horizon towards a distant mountain.

Luop floats mid-air, his body battered but very much still going. He swoops low, moving faster than Sasheem can follow, and grabs the majin. Moving at speed and using his stretchiness, he wraps Sasheem around Totoma and Zaofan, before bashing their heads together and throwing them into the Potato lake to drown.

He kicks a twenty ton boulder into Parsley’s woundes form before stalking towards Ishtar.

“We are not done.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ~~~Several Minutes before The Distraction~~~

"Ok......Here is where we part ways for now." Chrona gave the Id a pat on the shoulder as the two of them stood, magicite spire looming ominously overhead. "Your job here is gonna be critical to our success....so I'm gonna go over this with you once more."

Erosa responded with a low throaty growl, but nodded her head in affirmation. Had the importance of the situation not been repeated at least twelve times since she had been taken, along with Chrona all but dropping on her hands and knees and begging....The Id had been seriously considering just up and leaving the time familiar with whatever contrived plot she had cooked up. She certainly didn't trust Chrona all that much....but her connection with Etrina told her at least some of her story had been true, so she had begrudgingly remained to hear her out.

Though, For being such a critical part of the mission, she sure didn't feel like it.....what was she suppose to be doing that the time familiar couldn't do herself.

"Right...In about 6 minutes, 42 seconds.....Your friend Ishtar will pick a fight with my master and Asha'rah will pick a fight with me. While that is going on....your gonna slip up there." Chrona pointed to the platform at the very pinnacle of the spire. ".....That's where the focusing element for Haven is..." Erosa tilted her head. "....the big evil summon that's imprisoned your master. Its protected by a barrier that goes all the way from the base to the top. If you apply enough pressure however....you'll be able to the force your way through it. Once your in.......Here..." Chrona reached over to her side and produced the hilt of her sword. ".....you'll use this. This is Atropos, a sword created using energy from Fate and myself. It should be more then enough for whats needed. What your looking for is a big book, you can't miss it....lots of energy being pumped through it. The moment you can confirm Zaofan and your master are safe....stab this into the book. It'll destroy haven and render Fates power source useless.....then maybe we can finally put an end to this..."

"....I....I think I understand...." Erosa responded. ".....If it means saving Etrina....I'll do what you want."

"...Good........Hey, Listen..." Chrona suddenly puts a hand on her shoulder. "..........I think your have more then enough fire left in you, I saw it in your eyes when you heard your friend was in trouble. Sometimes it isn't fighting that's needed to stoke that fire...you have people that need your support. If anything......I think an Id burns best when she has someone she can support."

"...are....you trying to pep talk me..." Erosa bent over, giving the time familiar an awkward stare, which she attempt to ignore. "....Ahh...No...No of course not.......Just, keep that in mind...and stick to the plan."

"...and what if something doesn't go to plan?" Erosa asked.

".....You have everything you need...trust me....Use your best judgement and you'll definitely save your sister. I promise..." Erosa nods, not catching the look of dismay on the turned Chrona, who promptly vanished to leave the Id to her preparation.

~~~Present~~~

True to his assumption, the Golem cared not that its sibling golem was near Zaofan as he swung. Weither the golem on the ground shared the lack of concern would never be known, as soon as it was staggering to his free the impact caught her on the fake zaofan...the cook getting a ringside seat to what would have been his certain death as the large golem smashed its smaller counterpart, creating a crator in the process.

Attack spent, it was in no position to counter the cook as he moved it to strike its heads with a attack much more powerful then his previous optic blast. This time the effect of his strike is enough to crack the golem apart...taking a large chuck out of its upper body in the process. Though the golem made one final swing of its arm on the way down, it fell short of doing anything....and the golem came to rest in the creator of its own creation, upon the rubble of its sibling.

The coast was....as they say, clear. And Zaofan felt something tugging in his pocket.....inside which was the shard of magicite Chrona had given him. Though perhaps not the same one, perhaps it was help in his escape.....as soon as Etrina was with him anyways.

~~~

"....and you'll do nothing to stop me from GAOWWW!!!" The Fate let out a yelp, more from annoyance then anything else. "Damn you...You just can't help make things difficult...." Instead of trying to find a less damaging way to remove the katchin needle from her ankle, the goddess of fate yanks her legs....ripping free while nearly several her leg in the process.

....something the goddess immediately repaired thanks to a boosted variation of Etrinas temporal healing magic.

"......Your just making going to make this harder on the poor sod you have doing your dirty work. I may show him a little mercy if you give up now....but keep up this annoyance and I'll make you watch him die, and believe me I've seen all the best ways to do it." Fate gestured, snagging Ishtar with more lines and then pushed her ahead, watching for any more signs of resistance as she floated her way towards the tower.

As Ishtar floated, something cold burned in the pit of her body.
    "What...?"

Zaofan digs into his pocket, then he floats over to Etrina. "Oh, thank goodness that worked! Etrina, what's going on here? What is this ... Thing... Doing?" He opens his palm to show the glowing piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Asha’rah, a foot plants itself in your chest, denting it in and sending you flying backwards into Nevalinna, the two of you then grabbed and thrown into the horizon towards a distant mountain.

Luop floats mid-air, his body battered but very much still going. He swoops low, moving faster than Sasheem can follow, and grabs the majin. Moving at speed and using his stretchiness, he wraps Sasheem around Totoma and Zaofan, before bashing their heads together and throwing them into the Potato lake to drown.

He kicks a twenty ton boulder into Parsley’s woundes form before stalking towards Ishtar.

“We are not done.”
    Before he could do anything, yet again, Totoma was wrapped with... Sasheem, of all things, then had his head bashed into Zaofan's, knocking the half-Saiyan into a dazed state. And then, all he could smell was potatoes, for some reason.

Nice, warm potatoes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nevanlinna didn't think that would be the end of it, though she had not expected to have... Asha'rah, was it? kicked into her. By the time she regained her senses, she was laying in a pile of rubble that has previously been the peak of a mountain.

A year of training, and this was the best she could do? Damn, this battle was not doing wonders for her confidence, at all. She sighed heavily and, achingly, got to her feet. Judging from the pain, her ribs had re-broken and had been joined by several others.

...joy.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“We are not done.”
    Parsley was still gathering her energy, so she quickly and hastily flew up to avoid the boulder.

Sarada, on the other hand, interposed herself between Luop and Ishtar. "Not done? We haven't even started yet!" She charged her hands with ki and flew at Luop, launching a volley of punches and kicks at the Threshling knight.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley was still gathering her energy, so she quickly and hastily flew up to avoid the boulder.

Sarada, on the other hand, interposed herself between Luop and Ishtar. "Not done? We haven't even started yet!" She charged her hands with ki and flew at Luop, launching a volley of punches and kicks at the Threshling knight.
    Luop steps inside her guard stunningly fast, grabs her by the throat, and bodily slams her into the grouns, cratering it.

“Your majesty. A shame we could not meet on better terms.”

He then throws her at Parsley.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Ishtar had other ideas. Perhaps she sought to claim the blade as her own? In any case, Asha'rah did not argue. On Ishtar's mark, she pulled the glaive free in one smooth motion, doing her best to slice as few things as possible on the way out.

The blade exited with a squelch, dripping blood down onto Ishtar's own body. Asha'rah turned the blade over, nodded, once, then set it down beside Ishtar. Summoning a bouquet of ferns, violets and jonquils, she lay these upon the oni's wounded midsection, raising her hand behind her back in a playful bow.

"Get well soon, Ishtar. Enjoy your trophy."
    Ishtar offered Asha'rah a dry chuckle, as she slowly rose and propped herself up with the glaive, long enough for the Katchin arm-sleeves given her by Sarada -- for her first 'Birthday' trickle up her arms, and down her torso and fill the space between her upper and lower halves, solidifying and binding both halves together far better than a cast could have ... and for all the pain of it, the Oni merely grunted.

The offered greenery however, was swiftly devoured ... and as Asha'rah departed the Oni muttered, "I mean to return this weapon to its owner."

Mashed potatoes rained all over Sarada the moment she arrived to the battle. "What the hell?" She scooped off of her and ate it. "Don't tell me the guy is dead already?"

She shook her head and quickly made her way to Ishtar. When she took note of her horrible condition, she growled. She was just mere inches frol being completely bisected. By some miracle, her innards hadn't spilled out yet. "What happened?"
    Seeing Sarada, Ishtar wasn't sure if she had been stuck with the hallucinatory move once again, or not ... but all it took was the Saiyan's voice and the growl she offered to confirm she wasn't. Putting on her best smile then -- and given the circumstances it certainly was a poor one -- and managed to spit out.

"The Threshling missed ... yet ..."

Ishtar stopped short of vocalizing how happy she was that Sarada was healthy, and even shorter of asking the dozen questions she had about the how. They could reconcile afterwards ... Luop had been knocked away, but he was certainly not finished.

OT: Stage 3, next post.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“We are not done.”
    Ishtar manages a slow nod, and prepares to re-engage with Luop, only for Sarada to intervene -- as well she would, and should -- though with an end result that only served to anger the golden-eyed Oni.

Luop steps inside her guard stunningly fast, grabs her by the throat, and bodily slams her into the grouns, cratering it.

Watching this, Ishtar frowned, and began making her way toward Luop, the air around her shimmering as her blood -- and Ki -- reached its boiling point.

"That was your last mistake."

Not bothering to allow the Knight to dignify her with a response, she lifted her free hand and fired a beam of energy toward him. Though unlike traditional Ki blasts, this focused stream of lightning bound by magic ... would detonate as soon as it made contact, or was close enough to catch him in the blast.

"Vairyanãm Anghu Raocah."

OT: Aēšma Sij now active. PL ~2.5M.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So fast!

Sarada herself felt that she was the fastest person their party by a decent margin, yet she didn't even see him move until his hand was clapped around her throat and she was slamming into the ground with thunderous force. She couldn't respond to the oddly cordial greeting - odd considering the actions that preceded it - beyond a choked gurgle.

She was hurled at speed toward Parsley, who was too shell-shocked to get out of the way. "Oof!" The sisters collided and landed in a tangled heap.

Sarada groaned and rubbed her throat. It was aching, but there shouldn't have been much structural damage.

"Ugh."

The groan from under her reminded her of who she was currently tangled with. "Parsley!"

"Get off."

She was kicked to the ground, allowing the elder sister to slowly and gingerly rise to her feet.

Sarada didn't get misty eyed, but it was good to see her sister alive again, even if she currently wasn't in the best condition. Come to think of it, no one was really in any condition to fight... except her and Tasure.

"You like like shit, sister. Let me handle this."

"And let you have the honor of killing a Bronze Knight," Parsley remarked dryly. "After showing up late, no less?"

"Hey! I was in a coma for four days."

She hesistated noticeably, then scoffed. "That's not an excuse." This comment, she noticed, had no bite and no heat. It was almost like she was saying it just to keep up appearances.

"Yeah, well you can barely stand. If you fight, you'll only get in my way so do me a favor and sit this round out."

Before Parsley could argue, Sarada breathed in and activated Hitozaru, pushing her power to 50% of her Oozaru power. It was a risk, sure, but this wasn't the opponent to play it safe with. Besides, unlike Parsley, Totoma, and Tasure, she didn't have another power boosting ability to compensate, so it was either this or continue to get chokeslammed.

"Let's try that again!" She dashed toward Luop, then flipped forward and planted both her feet into his back, dead center. A small explosion detonated at impact to further propel him away from Ishtar.

OOC: Hitozaru is now active. Current PL: 2,935,000
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 11-21-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar manages a slow nod, and prepares to re-engage with Luop, only for Sarada to intervene -- as well she would, and should -- though with an end result that only served to anger the golden-eyed Oni.

Watching this, Ishtar frowned, and began making her way toward Luop, the air around her shimmering as her blood -- and Ki -- reached its boiling point.

"That was your last mistake."

Not bothering to allow the Knight to dignify her with a response, she lifted her free hand and fired a beam of energy toward him. Though unlike traditional Ki blasts, this focused stream of lightning bound by magic ... would detonate as soon as it made contact, or was close enough to catch him in the blast.

"Vairyanãm Anghu Raocah."

OT: Aēšma Sij now active. PL ~2.5M.
    His eyes widen as he crosses his arms in front as the beam strikes.

When the dust settles, he still stands there. His arms are cooked and charred, but as he lowers them he nods his respect.

“Good.”

He moves and headbuts her hard enough to send her flying backwards several yards.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

So fast!

Sarada herself felt that she was the fastest person their party by a decent margin, yet she didn't even see him move until his hand was clapped around her throat and she was slamming into the ground with thunderous force. She couldn't respond to the oddly cordial greeting - odd considering the actions that preceded it - beyond a choked gurgle.

She was hurled at speed toward Parsley, who was too shell-shocked to get out of the way. "Oof!" The sisters collided and landed in a tangled heap.

Sarada groaned and rubbed her throat. It was aching, but there shouldn't have been much structural damage.

"Ugh."

The groan from under her reminded her of who she was currently tangled with. "Parsley!"

"Get off."

She was kicked to the ground, allowing the elder sister to slowly and gingerly rise to her feet.

Sarada didn't get misty eyed, but it was good to see her sister alive again, even if she currently wasn't in the best condition. Come to think of it, no one was really in any condition to fight... except her and Tasure.

"You like like shit, sister. Let me handle this."

"And let you have the honor of killing a Bronze Knight," Parsley remarked dryly. "After showing up late, no less?"

"Hey! I was in a coma for four days."

She hesistated noticeably, then scoffed. "That's not an excuse." This comment, she noticed, had no bite and no heat. It was almost like she was saying it just to keep up appearances.

"Yeah, well you can barely stand. If you fight, you'll only get in my way so do me a favor and sit this round out."

Before Parsley could argue, Sarada breathed in and activated Hitozaru, pushing her power to 50% of her Oozaru power. It was a risk, sure, but this wasn't the opponent to play it safe with. Besides, unlike Parsley, Totoma, and Tasure, she didn't have another power boosting ability to compensate, so it was either this or continue to get chokeslammed.

"Let's try that again!" She dashed toward Luop, then flipped forward and planted both her feet into his back, dead center. A small explosion detonated at impact to further propel him away from Ishtar.

OOC: Hitozaru is now active. Current PL: 2,935,000
    Luop barely dodges, eyes widening.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Luop barely dodges, eyes widening.
    Even though she missed, Sarada smirked. "What's wrong?" she inquired as she rolled to her feet and spun around to face him. "Surprised?" Even if she was confident, she wasn't overly so. If she pumped herself up to 60%, she could only do it for a short time. Then, she'd be up a shit creek and made to eat every last word.

She suddenly dashed toward him again, making it seem that she was going to launch another hand-to-hand assault. At the last minute, though, she slid under him, raking her hands across the ground to charge it with Cardinal Touch. "Eat this!"

She flew into the air just as it detonated under him, then fired a blast just in case he dodged at the last minute.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Tasure burst out of the Potato lake, carrying the conked-out Totoma and Zaofan, who were still entangled with Sasheem. She looked... incredibly annoyed. Why the hell was there a lake of mashed potatoes in the middle of the tundra and... why the hell had no one told her this before? Earth really was a weird place. Mashed potato lakes... of all things...

She set down Totoma and Zaofan, then turned her attention towards Luop and Sarada, who were already engaged in battle. It was only right, of course, that the queen enter the fray first, between the two of them. Still, from what she was sensing... this enemy was no joke.

Heh, good.

She exhaled sharply, her ki exploding outward and her body transformed into its Hitozaru state...

Taking a moment to power up more, her aura became wild and erratic, and then she shot at Luop, a Diamond Fang engulfing her right hand, as he was distracted by Sarada's assault. However, the queen attacked with a Cardinal Touch, causing her to break off the attack... and extend the Diamond Fang into a Diamond Barrier that engulfed Luop, thus keeping the explosion nice and concentrated.

OOC: Basically a dual tech version of what 17 did to Jiren in the ToP.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 11-21-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

The duel tech between Sarada and Tasure works, the explosion contained around him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

His eyes widen as he crosses his arms in front as the beam strikes.

When the dust settles, he still stands there. His arms are cooked and charred, but as he lowers them he nods his respect.

“Good.”

He moves and headbuts her hard enough to send her flying backwards several yards.
    Ishtar slams to a stop some distance from where she'd been struck, and despite all that'd happened she couldn't help but chuckle.

Caught off guard by a headbutt.

Picking herself up slowly then, Ishtar attempts to see what can be done with the glaive she wrestled away ownership of ... and provided it can hold a charge will work on filtering energy into it, while Sarada and Tasure combat Luop.

Arx Inosaan