Page 47 of 782 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147547 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan sat up from the floor, letting the other "ration" bars fall to the side as he adjusted his leg off the chair. He then tilted his head to the side to stretch his neck with a mighty crack. What a wonderful release of tension!

"Wellp, I think I found us some food, assuming this stuff is edible. If this ship has anything like alcohol on board, we just might be in business."
    As if summoned by the words of the earnest chef, Helds stomach began to rumble violently, with such power and ferocity that several small stones were sent tumbling from the small mounds that once held them.

"Yeah...I wasn't going to say anything, but I wouldn't mind a snack or two."

How embarrassing....How long have I been out?

"I don't know if I skipped lunch....Or was it breakfast today, or if it's because those bastards stole most of my energy, but...yeah. Good idea, Zaofan."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He jerks hard on his rigged up controls, and with Adam, Meagan, Ishtar, and others, he does the best he can to land the ship.
    There is a fleeting moment of triumph that passes through Ishtar's mind, as she feels the attempts by herself and others find more than minor success. Though such triumph finds itself short-lived ...

The ship crashes, hard, skipping across the alien landscape and breaking into multiple pieces. However, between various efforts, everyone survives without deadly injuries (beat up, bruised, scratches, but not mortally wounded or missing limbs). Most get knocked out for a few minutes at least.

Jinzi wakes up laying across a pile of rocks, his form battered. He groans and reaches up, tapping his comm and addressing everyone (the comms no longer blocked).
    The landing was far from pleasant.

Each jostle, and bump, and sudden shift causing Ishtar no small amount of discomfort as she was thrown about the inside of the detached pod. Despite herself however, she kept up her spell, using what energy she could to slow the makeshift craft as it skidded across the alien landscape. Yet there was one thought that persisted throughout it all.

This is almost worse than dying.

When it was ended Ishtar found herself upside down, battered, bruised, and covered in debris. The task of freeing herself from the wreckage was also something of a bother given the lack of an arm. Yet, finally, the golden-eyed Oni managed to extricate herself, and as she shook out the aches and pains- at least for the moment- the communication device offered her by Jinzi some months ago, chirped on in a declaration of its continued existence.

Something about a roll call?

“Sound....off.”

He looks around.

“Adam, damages?”
    A moment passes after Jinzi Pantaloon's roll-call, before anything is offered from Ishtar, and when she does respond, the words offered as strange, as they were unpleasant.

"Vîs-âfritîm, hãm vînase, vîkeret-ushtânem ... Junjo!"

Another moment passes.

"This is Ishtar ... I am not dead."

It was about this time the others began to pull themselves from the remains of the crash, and so with a grunt and a slight limping that shook itself out as she worked out the kinks in her legs, the golden-eyed Oni wandered around to assist; while looking for those she cared for.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ".....e...ooooh......m...my head....." Etrina comes to laying on top of some debree. Giving her head and face a slow pat to ensure everything was still in place, she struggled to lift herself from the heap.
    "We have been through worse, yes?" Ishtar offered, as she assisted Etrina in clearing herself from the rubble. Once freed, and after checking to make sure nothing more than scrapes, bruises, and a headache were the only ailments; the Oni offered the young woman a small smile before continuing on.

Erosa stuck her head out of a nearby pile, turning her head from side to side, then pulling herself up ".....uughh.......ga~ouch.....Erosas poor head got smacked good.......everyone ok...?"
    "I am alright," Ishtar replied, upon seeing Erosa.

"It seems you are as well, this is good." Knowing well that the Id was capable of regeneration however, the golden-eyed Oni simply offered her a once-over to ensure everything had healed up properly, before continuing on in the hopes of finding Sarada, or Asha'rah. After all, while Etrina, and Erosa were of a particular fondness, the bond that had formed with the Saiyan- and to a lesser degree, the goddess- were a thing not yet found with the young mage and her familiar.

Yet as Ishtar searched and assisted those she found, Sarada was the one who found the Oni first ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She unstrapped and went to make sure Jack and Ishtar were safe and okay. After that, she started checking the wreckage for the items stolen from them.
    "There you are." Ishtar said with a small smile, upon seeing Sarada. "You look to be in once piece, save some bruising."

After a moment of staring at the girl, then. The Oni felt the familiar tug of Aka Manah as it reestablished itself. Which among other things, was proof at the least, that the Oni's energy reserves were reaching a level approaching 'workable'. That she was missing her arm, and the majority of her strength besides, was of little concern; compared to the knowledge that Sarada was alright.

When the Saiyan wandered off to search for their things, then, Ishtar followed for a time. Though her main concern was getting a sense of the planet they were on; and seeing if there was a source of flora that could be pilfered to build up the energy to resummon her arm.

OT: *approximately, "may you (Junjo) be cursed so that your soul is stripped from your body, and both are annihilated in a single blow."

OT2: The planet familiar to Ishtar/there any plants, Cleric?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Not familiar, no, but there are plants.

Meagan also finds her Cape and slowly they begin to find their things amidst the wreckage.

No food capsules though.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Meagan also finds her Cape and slowly they begin to find their things amidst the wreckage.

No food capsules though.
    OOC: Would you describe it as an Earth Like world or more of a barren world?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC: Would you describe it as an Earth Like world or more of a barren world?
    Both from where they crashed.

No civilization can be seen yet.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

No food capsules though.
    Midori sighed as she began searching through the wreckage, hoping to find anything of her's that the aliens had stolen. As she searched, Shiro walked up and asked "Are you alright, Midori?"

"My head hurts slightly and I think I have a stressed ankle joint, but otherwise I'm fine." Midori answered as she kept searching. Pushing a particularly large piece of metal aside, Midori muttered bitterly "I'll feel a lot better if I find my things, or at least my sword."

Shiro smiled slightly, glad that her sister so loved the gift. Moving beside Midori, Shiro began helping her in her search.

After several minutes, Midori let out a cry of joy as she lifted two capsule wallets into the air, one adorned with a green 'alien' sticker and the other a sticker of a rose.

"Found our capsule wallets!" Midori yelled, tossing Shiro's to her as she opened her own, looking over the capsules. Taking one out, Midori pushed the button on top and tossed it down, revealing a long metal case. Kneeling down before it, Midori opened and looked inside, letting out a relieved sigh as she pulled the sword out. Looking it over carefully, she grabbed the sheath out, slid the sword into it, and placed it against her back with the handle poking over her right shoulder, where it latched on.

Returning the case back to its capsule form, Midori returned it to the wallet, placed it in her pocket, and stood up, dusting her hands off.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "There you are." Ishtar said with a small smile, upon seeing Sarada. "You look to be in once piece, save some bruising."

After a moment of staring at the girl, then. The Oni felt the familiar tug of Aka Manah as it reestablished itself. Which among other things, was proof at the least, that the Oni's energy reserves were reaching a level approaching 'workable'. That she was missing her arm, and the majority of her strength besides, was of little concern; compared to the knowledge that Sarada was alright.

When the Saiyan wandered off to search for their things, then, Ishtar followed for a time. Though her main concern was getting a sense of the planet they were on; and seeing if there was a source of flora that could be pilfered to build up the energy to resummon her arm.

OT: *approximately, "may you (Junjo) be cursed so that your soul is stripped from your body, and both are annihilated in a single blow."

OT2: The planet familiar to Ishtar/there any plants, Cleric?
    A moment lulled between Ishtar greeting Sarada and her responding, one that was filled by her reorienting herself after Aka Manah reestablished itself between them. It was like a void being filled to satisfaction. It had only been a few months since they bonded, but it already felt like second nature to feel not only her own emotions, but those of Ishtar as well.

It was a comfort to feel the woman, and to know that she felt her.

"It'll take a lot more that a crash landing to do me harm," she answered with a chuckle. She reached out and fixed Ishtar's hair again.

Her hand trailed down her face and lingered on the Oni's cheek before falling to her side. "Glad you're okay. I'm going to try and find our stuff now."

No food capsules though.
    "GOD-FUCKING-DAMN IT!!"

Sarada searched every square inch of the wreckage and the area around the wreckage carefully, leaving -- literally -- no stone unturned. She found her two knives, and that was it. No capsule.

No capsule, no Sneks.

Sarada's mood did not improve.

"Those cock-sucking assholes must have taken it," she grumbled to herself.

She found Ishtar's arm and sighed. Picking it up, she headed back to where she was and handed it to her. "Here. I haven't found your amulet yet."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

No food capsules though.
    With great relief, Meagan did find her cape. In truth, her cape had found her. Apparently it had been sealed away in a storage box of some kind, but the box was now broken open. The cloth, in it's attempt to free it's self from the box got snagged on a piece of twisted metal. After several minutes of twisted and tugging, the cloth eventually freed it's its and went flying over to Meagan.

Seeing it flying towards her, she reached out her hands and the cloth flew into them, then wrapped it's self affectionately around her neck before settling down on her shoulders. She then looked in her hand and found her capsule pouch. With a big smile of relief, she touched the cape gently, then stored the pouch under her armor where it would be safe.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    With great relief, Meagan did find her cape. In truth, her cape had found her. Apparently it had been sealed away in a storage box of some kind, but the box was now broken open. The cloth, in it's attempt to free it's self from the box got snagged on a piece of twisted metal. After several minutes of twisted and tugging, the cloth eventually freed it's its and went flying over to Meagan.

Seeing it flying towards her, she reached out her hands and the cloth flew into them, then wrapped it's self affectionately around her neck before settling down on her shoulders. She then looked in her hand and found her capsule pouch. With a big smile of relief, she touched the cape gently, then stored the pouch under her armor where it would be safe.
    Draping his own cape over his shoulders, Zaofan whips out Bojack and pockets his old capsules.

"Well... whether in the simulation or not, I still don't have my smoked fish from Koriko. THAT is disappointing."

He looks around the wreckage and plants Bojack into the ground. "Friends, we've no idea about this world at all or how to get off this planet. And those rations on the ship won't help us for long. We could either build shelter for ourselves or try to journey out there to look for help, but we need to do something nonetheless. Any thoughts?"

Normally, in such a situation, Zaofan would be frightened; no plan, no bearings, not even the familiar sky to guide him. This is his first visit to an alien planet, after all; and hell, he had panicked inside the simulation itself. But a consummate traveler like he has been in similar situations where he's lost, foraging for resources, and even stuck in hostile territory; while he would know the fear and worry, he is comforted by the fact that he is surrounded by friends whom he hadn't seen in -- at least to him -- six months.

"One thing's for sure. We don't have access to Mr. Pantaloon's considerable resources anymore. We'll have to be as resourceful as we can out here in this particular wilderness."

Jinzi grins a bit.

“Well, not entirely. I’m never without a few basic capsules. Hmm....here!”

He pulls out a small, much used, Capsule wallet. Inside are five unique looking capsules. Jinzi takes one and throws it down. In a puff of smoke, a two story domed Capsule House appeared.

“Shelter.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Draping his own cape over his shoulders, Zaofan whips out Bojack and pockets his old capsules.

"Well... whether in the simulation or not, I still don't have my smoked fish from Koriko. THAT is disappointing."

He looks around the wreckage and plants Bojack into the ground. "Friends, we've no idea about this world at all or how to get off this planet. And those rations on the ship won't help us for long. We could either build shelter for ourselves or try to journey out there to look for help, but we need to do something nonetheless. Any thoughts?"

Normally, in such a situation, Zaofan would be frightened; no plan, no bearings, not even the familiar sky to guide him. This is his first visit to an alien planet, after all; and hell, he had panicked inside the simulation itself. But a consummate traveler like he has been in similar situations where he's lost, foraging for resources, and even stuck in hostile territory; while he would know the fear and worry, he is comforted by the fact that he is surrounded by friends whom he hadn't seen in -- at least to him -- six months.

"One thing's for sure. We don't have access to Mr. Pantaloon's considerable resources anymore. We'll have to be as resourceful as we can out here in this particular wilderness."
    "I had some snake people I killed a few days ago stored in a capsule, but those assholes must have stolen it," Sarada spoke. "I can hunt for some wildlife if you can get a fire-pit started."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"I had some snake people I killed a few days ago stored in a capsule, but those assholes must have stolen it," Sarada spoke. "I can hunt for some wildlife if you can get a fire-pit started."
    "Good idea. I can forage for wood."

Jinzi grins a bit.

He pulls out a small, much used, Capsule wallet. Inside are five unique looking capsules. Jinzi takes one and throws it down. In a puff of smoke, a two story domed Capsule House appeared.

“Shelter.”
    Zaofan furrows his brow. With closed fists, he takes mighty, determined steps right at Mr. Pantaloon. In a huff, he comes to an abrupt stop, pulls him by the collar, and... plants a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"Oh Mr. Pantaloon, you perfect sunflower." As Zaofan lets go and steps back, he whispers, "Thank you."

Zaofan turns to Meagan, gives her a thumbs up of approval, then heads for the door to look inside the new shelter.

A moment lulled between Ishtar greeting Sarada and her responding, one that was filled by her reorienting herself after Aka Manah reestablished itself between them. It was like a void being filled to satisfaction. It had only been a few months since they bonded, but it already felt like second nature to feel not only her own emotions, but those of Ishtar as well.

It was a comfort to feel the woman, and to know that she felt her.

"It'll take a lot more that a crash landing to do me harm," she answered with a chuckle. She reached out and fixed Ishtar's hair again.

Her hand trailed down her face and lingered on the Oni's cheek before falling to her side. "Glad you're okay. I'm going to try and find our stuff now."
    It was perhaps a simple gesture, yet no matter how many times Sarada had done it, Ishtar always found her heart fluttering a little when the Saiyan straightened her hair. And along with the familiar bond of Aka Manah allowing the Oni to feel the warmth, and love offered by the girl; it was another reason that Ishtar- despite herself- wished to linger awhile with Sarada ... even knowing the eventual outcome of loss.

When the Saiyan began ber search however, the Oni offered a small nod before following.

"GOD-FUCKING-DAMN IT!!"

Sarada searched every square inch of the wreckage and the area around the wreckage carefully, leaving -- literally -- no stone unturned. She found her two knives, and that was it. No capsule.

No capsule, no Sneks.

Sarada's mood did not improve.

"Those cock-sucking assholes must have taken it," she grumbled to herself.

She found Ishtar's arm and sighed. Picking it up, she headed back to where she was and handed it to her. "Here. I haven't found your amulet yet."
    Ishtar smiled as Sarada returned with her arm, before accepting it graciously. With the energy taken from the nearby plants no longer needed, the Oni then put it toward summoning the amulet. Yet the angry words offered by the girl had not been missed.

"I am sorry about the loss of your food, Little Love. Yet the amulet will be returned shortly." The golden-eyed Oni stated then.

"I know my body cannot offer you the same ... sustinance as food however. So perhaps for now the rations will suffice until I can find us something for Zaofan for cook?"

"Find water." Ishtar commented simply, as she reattached her arm. "No matter how many worlds I have visited, once you find water- a stream, a river, a standing body- you will find flora, fauna, and should you follow the flow you will eventually find civilization should such be extant."

Beyond that, finding a body of water meant that the Oni could feed herself without needing to steal away the rations required by the Others. An important consideration, given that there was a Saiyan among them.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Sarada nodded. "Anyone else want to join me?" She didn't need the help, but having someone watch her back was vital at a time like this. There was simply no telling what or who was lurking around out there, and with her as weak as she was, she knew she didn't have much hope against surviving a sneak attack.

Zaofan furrows his brow. With closed fists, he takes mighty, determined steps right at Mr. Pantaloon. In a huff, he comes to an abrupt stop, pulls him by the collar, and... plants a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"Oh Mr. Pantaloon, you perfect sunflower." As Zaofan lets go and steps back, he whispers, "Thank you."

Zaofan turns to Meagan, gives her a thumbs up of approval, then heads for the door to look inside the new shelter.
    Jinzi grins a bit.

“Shelter.”

"Snrk," she snickered at the display. "Jinzi, maybe one day you'll stop surprising me." She followed Zaofan inside to have a look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It was perhaps a simple gesture, yet no matter how many times Sarada had done it, Ishtar always found her heart fluttering a little when the Saiyan straightened her hair. And along with the familiar bond of Aka Manah allowing the Oni to feel the warmth, and love offered by the girl; it was another reason that Ishtar- despite herself- wished to linger awhile with Sarada ... even knowing the eventual outcome of loss.

When the Saiyan began ber search however, the Oni offered a small nod before following.
    Sarada could feel the love and warmth Ishtar felt at such a simple, mundane gesture. There was a ping of guilt in the girl's own heart, but that was overshadowed by the warm, bubbly feeling of contentment and... love she felt in return. If she could, she would spend the rest of forever like this. With her, together. In a more familiar place, obviously, but that was neither nor there.

Damn it. Why do I feel this way? I already know this won't last but... No, I can figure this out.

Ishtar smiled as Sarada returned with her arm, before accepting it graciously. With the energy taken from the nearby plants no longer needed, the Oni then put it toward summoning the amulet. Yet the angry words offered by the girl had not been missed.

"I am sorry about the loss of your food, Little Love. Yet the amulet will be returned shortly." The golden-eyed Oni stated then.

"I know my body cannot offer you the same ... sustinance as food however. So perhaps for now the rations will suffice until I can find us something for Zaofan for cook?"
    The thought of eating Ishtar was one that had lingered in her mind since the last time she had done it. While she was right in that it wouldn't do anything to stave off her hunger for any length of time, it would do much to help her forget her hunger for a little bit.

Then again, the others may not have appreciated that.

Especially Jack.

Wait, no. They were just friends who mated. There was no reason for him to be jealous. They did care for one another, a lot, but friends cared for one anther a lot. That was what friends are for.

"I don't know. Those rations might offer a nice snack," she replied thoughtfully.

"Find water." Ishtar commented simply, as she reattached her arm. "No matter how many worlds I have visited, once you find water- a stream, a river, a standing body- you will find flora, fauna, and should you follow the flow you will eventually find civilization should such be extant."

Beyond that, finding a body of water meant that the Oni could feed herself without needing to steal away the rations required by the Others. An important consideration, given that there was a Saiyan among them.
    She nodded. That was one of the first rules behind hunting -- behind stay downwind and never hunt during an animal's mating season. That last one was especially important if one wanted to avoid getting a horn up the ass.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

"We have been through worse, yes?" Ishtar offered, as she assisted Etrina in clearing herself from the rubble. Once freed, and after checking to make sure nothing more than scrapes, bruises, and a headache were the only ailments; the Oni offered the young woman a small smile before continuing on.
    "I am alright," Ishtar replied, upon seeing Erosa.

"It seems you are as well, this is good." Knowing well that the Id was capable of regeneration however, the golden-eyed Oni simply offered her a once-over to ensure everything had healed up properly, before continuing on in the hopes of finding Sarada, or Asha'rah. After all, while Etrina, and Erosa were of a particular fondness, the bond that had formed with the Saiyan- and to a lesser degree, the goddess- were a thing not yet found with the young mage and her familiar.

Yet as Ishtar searched and assisted those she found, Sarada was the one who found the Oni first ...
    "Its good that your not hurt either Ishy." Erosa returned the examination, with with a odd look she squinted in at Ishtars foreheads before sucking on her finger and wiping something away. "....little cut.....all better." With a nod, Erosa dusted herself off and hopped over to make sure Etrina was fine.

Though Erosa wouldn't have noticed, Ishtar felt a slight tingle on her forehead for a few moments after. Following by whatever small pain such a cut would have caused vanishing.

Sarada nodded. "Anyone else want to join me?" She didn't need the help, but having someone watch her back was vital at a time like this. There was simply no telling what or who was lurking around out there, and with her as weak as she was, she knew she didn't have much hope against surviving a sneak attack.
    "I'll come!" Erosa shouted, jogging over. "No way am I leaving you alone to get the food....you'll take all the best parts!"