Page 481 of 782 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi nods.

“Ok. Yeah, no, I’m fine. Nothing happened here but being rocked by whatever Ishtar did.”
    "Yeah, that's good to hear," Sarada replied.

This was better than good; it was great. Ishtar's apparent conversation with the Doctor provided them with advanced warning. Jinzi wasn't in danger yet, which meant that Zurvan may not have been in danger yet either. They still had time to move the both of them to a safer place; or at least rally around them to offer resistance whenever the Doctor made an attempt at their lives.

"I'm still coming over just in case. This invasion was a diversion, and the real threat may still be out there."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ochazuke feels it with his connection to the restrained Namekian. A pinprick, then a another, and the Namekian begins to die.

One needle to his neck, one to the heart.

No one seen, no one heard. Just a quick flash of a tiny portal opening and closing.
    “Joy. Clear the area, Pantaloon’s raising the city in a moment.”
    "BLOODY HELL!" Blizzar exclaimed in an uncharacteristic shock as the Namekian suddenly doubled over. "Our...our informant has just been attacked Mr. President..." the Arcosian informed Grinthorn, not quite liking the President's....quite nonchalant response to the disaster currently impeding the Earth.

"One more thing before I investigate this...sudden assault, President Grinthorn. Time and space appear to have been tampered with," Blizzar informed him, remembering what Ishtar reported. "This is a time of international crisis...perhaps intergalactic. A summit of sorts may be neccesary," the Arcosian Lieutenant stated, kneeling down to examine the Namekian's wounded body.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 11-30-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That was what she thought. Without someone to oversee it, the time stream would go crazy. That was the only explanation for those Saiyans.

"Those Saiyans back there know a technique that's been banned and forgotten for thousands of years," Sarada told her. "In order for them to use it, they'd have to be taught it, which is impossible since the only Saiyans who were even aware of it killed themselves off ages ago. I'm betting the Doctor plucked them from the past somehow, which would also explain their demeanor and lack of intelligence."

She tapped her chin. She didn't want to say it aloud, given Ishtar's relationship with Zurvan, but if she was right, then he was already dead. It was a sad thought, but one that they'd have to come to terms with eventually. If she was right.

"We-"

Sarada's attention was stolen by the breathtaking battle between Totoma and the last of the savages. Her power was tremendous, even higher than Sarada's! Not only that, but she appeared to have some kind of fighting skill outside of overpowering her opponent.

Damn it!

If only she wasn't injured and tired and trying to focus on more important things, then she'd forcibly tag herself in and finish the fight. Alas, she had no choice but to watch Totoma have all the fun.

When it was over, she sighed despondently. "I hope you enjoyed yourself," she lamented. "Anyway, it's over now. These clowns were sent by someone they call The Doctor. He apparently wants something from Jinzi, which is why the invasion **** happened. We need to get to Jinzi before it's too late."

Without further time wasted, she shot into the air and headed for the Geofront.

"Jinzi, can you read me?" she spoke through the comm-link.
    Ishtar frowned.

"The Pact Bond." The Oni grumbled, sidestepping Totoma as the young boy was sent careening by. "If there is already a discrepancy of thousands of years then it is likely Zurvan has been forced into hiding, or is ... dead."

It was an unpleasant thought, and one that certainly caused her heart to ache slightly; and yet it couldn't be denied.

With Totoma dispatching the final Saiyan however, thoughts turned toward the matter of Jinzi's safety.

Sarada let out a relieved sigh. Whatever was supposed to happen to Jinzi hadn't happened yet. "Good. We just found out from one of the invasion generals that their leader wants something from you. I'm on my way to make sure everything is as it should be."
    Ishtar nodded.

"Do that, then. I need to see if I can contact my ... family." Turning, the Oni then struggled a moment for focus, before reaching out telepathically.

"Mom ? Uncle Sihn ? Are you there ? I fear something has happened to Zurvan ..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

OOC: hope someone actually realizes that Praxat was in the same area that the Namekian was being kept in.

Althena arrives on the Lookout and lands saying " okay now time to get back to my Guardian training." " hmm I wonder where Eva and Kai are?" " I know Eva should already be on the Lookout by now but where is Kai?" " anyways I'm going to head to my room to start my training."

Althena then heads to her room opens the door and walks in. she puts on her 807kg weighted clothing and beings her Guardian training.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "BLOODY HELL!" Blizzar exclaimed in an uncharacteristic shock as the Namekian suddenly doubled over. "Our...our informant has just been attacked Mr. President..." the Arcosian informed Grinthorn, not quite liking the President's....quite nonchalant response to the disaster currently impeding the Earth.

"One more thing before I investigate this...sudden assault, President Grinthorn. Time and space appear to have been tampered with," Blizzar informed him, remembering what Ishtar reported. "This is a time of international crisis...perhaps intergalactic. A summit of sorts may be neccesary," the Arcosian Lieutenant stated, kneeling down to examine the Namekian's wounded body.

Praxat replies to this as her skin turns blue and she's look at Blizzar examine the Namekian's body saying " dammit I was going to have my home world's true current Guardian Althena who is currently on this planet get more information out of him using her Clairvoyance ." " well there's no need for that now because he's freaking dead!" " yeah my whole idea just went up in smoke!" " so ah Blizzar that's your name right I been watching you examine that dead body."

"figure out anything about why that person suddenly mysteriously croak over." " you said he's been attacked by I didn't see or hear any one attack him to me it's just like he just suddenly drop dead." Praxat thinks to herself saying ( hmm ( I hope Qaztoh's diplomatic meeting with this Grinthorn person goes over well. I know I should be by her side it's part of my duty to attend diplomatic meetings . )

( however I think she will do fine without me being there. hopefully she isn't too upset at my absence. well I did pick out the clothing she was going to wear before she went off to the meeting so I did one part of my duty as her personal maid. yeah I hope she's doing okay.)
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-30-2018 at 04:52 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Jinzi nods.

“Ok. Yeah, no, I’m fine. Nothing happened here but being rocked by whatever Ishtar did.”
    Before Meagan could respond, they heard Sarada through the communicator....

"Yeah, that's good to hear," Sarada replied.

This was better than good; it was great. Ishtar's apparent conversation with the Doctor provided them with advanced warning. Jinzi wasn't in danger yet, which meant that Zurvan may not have been in danger yet either. They still had time to move the both of them to a safer place; or at least rally around them to offer resistance whenever the Doctor made an attempt at their lives.

"I'm still coming over just in case. This invasion was a diversion, and the real threat may still be out there."
    A slight blush crept over her face at teh thought fo being overheard, but she shook it off, "Sarada, I'll stay here with Jinzi. You can come if you want, or you can check in with Lady Eva. Make sure there are no other threats out there."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Parsley narrowed her eyes. Her senses picked up the residual traces of a minute flash of energy, most likely the energy used to end this creature's life. There was nothing to go on than that, so she couldn't even begin to form a hypothesis or postulate a series of events that led to the corpse laying on the ground at their feet. Still, the pieces of this morbid puzzle were out there, floating in the ether. She just needed to look in the right direction.

That started with narrowing down the list of suspects. "Dash, how many other people know this creature is here besides us?" It couldn't have been any normal human. Given how powerful this creature was, the ability to kill her or even maim it was lost to the vast majority of this world's population. "Further, how long ago did you leave it here?"

The only reply she received was a strange cry. Apparently a clarion call for the hyperactive younger sister of the Chromakai woman, as soon after, she appeared, then whisked herself, Dash, and the fallen fire elemental away to the Lookout.

Parsley remained, blinking idly. "Okay." She sighed and stepped out of the cave. "We can either follow them or returned to the battlefield," she said to Zaofan. "What do you want to do?"
    "Well, like I said, I'm no examiner. I doubt I'd be any help, plus the Lookout has plenty of resources. Let's go see if our friends need help in battle."

Zaofan starts to head for the cave exit. "Besides, what do you cook for a fire demon anyway?"

“First we need to discover what spirit is possessing you and how. Than we can see about removing it, or making sure you have control over it. It is clearly subservient to you as it only took over when you were knocked unconscious. Perhaps your grandmother will know more.”
    "I know the spirit." Charco replied, knowing that Eva lacked the context he knew about the situation, "I think it is an "I am him and he is I" type of situation, from what the others have told me, although I do not think he has my best interests at the end of the day." He admitted, and while things seemed to be fruitless, Eva's suggestions did spark a good starting good.

"Grandmother..."

It had been a while, a year or so since he had last seen her. As much as he dreaded whatever punishment she was going to dish out to him, he knew he had to see her now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Before Meagan could respond, they heard Sarada through the communicator....

A slight blush crept over her face at teh thought fo being overheard, but she shook it off, "Sarada, I'll stay here with Jinzi. You can come if you want, or you can check in with Lady Eva. Make sure there are no other threats out there."
    "Hmhmhm," Sarada chuckled, a lewd smirk touching her lips. "I see. You want to show Jinzi those new positions I told you about." She, of course, had done exactly that, telling the Chromakai guardian that any one of them would and could make a man blow his load in mere minutes. They worked on Ishtar just fine in that regard. "Okay, I'll give you two some privacy and will return to the others."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Well, like I said, I'm no examiner. I doubt I'd be any help, plus the Lookout has plenty of resources. Let's go see if our friends need help in battle."

Zaofan starts to head for the cave exit. "Besides, what do you cook for a fire demon anyway?"
    "Fire crackers," Parsley responded with a dead pan expression before taking off back toward Capital City. With her headstart, she allowed herself the rippling laughter she had been restraining since she told her joke. Nailed it!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Hmhmhm," Sarada chuckled, a lewd smirk touching her lips. "I see. You want to show Jinzi those new positions I told you about." She, of course, had done exactly that, telling the Chromakai guardian that any one of them would and could make a man blow his load in mere minutes. They worked on Ishtar just fine in that regard. "Okay, I'll give you two some privacy and will return to the others."
    Meagan's mouth dropped open, then closed tightly, finally smirking slightly. Seems Sarada finally got even with her for a long forgotten debt.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sarada returned to the battlefield. Everything appeared to be in order, but she immediately detected that the Namekian was dying. How?! When she left, he was standing, talking, and it seemed as if they were about to drop whatever unseen force was holding him in place. She was only gone for a few minutes at most; and with so many of the others nearby, there was no way any kind of assailant or assassin could sneak by all of them.

No, something else was at play here.

She quickly landed and looked him over. Her eyes narrowed when she found a thin black needle in his neck. "What the hell?" It wasn't there when she was talking with him, and given the surprise everyone else nearby was responding with, no one saw what happened. Hm. I sense something nearby. It's small, but it's there. Or, it was. Whatever it was, it was gone, and only lasted a brief moment when it was there.

Her hand was wrapped in crimson ki before she reached over and tried to pull the needle out of his neck.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

meanwhile at the Geofront , Qaztoh is walking around with her skin a yellowish color ( scared) saying " **** here I was having diplomatic meeting with this planet's leader and all of sudden invaders come out of nowhere and attack this planet's capital!" " I was afraid for my life and where the hell was Praxat ?" " she should have been there to protect me!" " well Lucky Jinzi's Geofront managed to save me from becoming a Toadian Shish kebab."

" now with that invasion that just took place there's no way I can continue my meeting now!" " I better just stay here where's it's safe."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-30-2018 at 06:27 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Ochazuke feels it with his connection to the restrained Namekian. A pinprick, then a another, and the Namekian begins to die.

One needle to his neck, one to the heart.

No one seen, no one heard. Just a quick flash of a tiny portal opening and closing.
    As the battle over the core of the now subterranean city died down to a parlay, Ochazuke kept his restraint over this captive and his guard up.

The strike on Capital City erupted so suddenly, that in the rush to respond to the immediate threat there was little time to uncover the design of it. The shape and form of it was strange enough. The reaction of the Saiyans to that twisted hybrid and the dull-witted creatures they could hardly count as kin spoke certainly to that. But the aura about this Namekian was a far cry from the likes of Slak or the diminished shell of Fife. Just like Anula and Jagam, beyond the violence they sought, the motivations were entirely a mystery.

Sure enough, it seemed a third party sought to keep it that way.

Sarada returned to the battlefield. Everything appeared to be in order, but she immediately detected that the Namekian was dying. How?! When she left, he was standing, talking, and it seemed as if they were about to drop whatever unseen force was holding him in place. She was only gone for a few minutes at most; and with so many of the others nearby, there was no way any kind of assailant or assassin could sneak by all of them.

No, something else was at play here.

She quickly landed and looked him over. Her eyes narrowed when she found a thin black needle in his neck. "What the hell?" It wasn't there when she was talking with him, and given the surprise everyone else nearby was responding with, no one saw what happened. Hm. I sense something nearby. It's small, but it's there. Or, it was. Whatever it was, it was gone, and only lasted a brief moment when it was there.

Her hand was wrapped in crimson ki before she reached over and tried to pull the needle out of his neck.
    "Don't touch it."

Ochazuke rendezvoused with the rest of those gathered around their fallen advesary. Dust shook from his frame where the pulverized ash and urban concrete baked itself to his exposed torso in the wake of Charco and Ishtar's impact. Landing some distance away where the sorcerer fell, he began scanning the air at this distance for something.

"The vital point is precisely stuck," he said hurriedly as he paced about the field, dust shed in his wake, "pulling it out without ascertaining its counter will be like plucking a barbed arrow from the entry wound."

Without someone with the proper knowledge - who among their immediate company were limited - or a way to stop the progression, there was little they could do, but the Namekian may not have been the only one running on borrowed time.

For all he knew, this battle was still being fought.

Narrowing the examination of his sense-awareness, Ochazuke spread the field of Kyokushin Keihatsu, searching there to discern the nature of this hidden assailant's attack, and the pathway from which his needles had struck.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Don't touch it."

Ochazuke rendezvoused with the rest of those gathered around their fallen advesary. Dust shook from his frame where the pulverized ash and urban concrete baked itself to his exposed torso in the wake of Charco and Ishtar's impact. Landing some distance away where the sorcerer fell, he began scanning the air at this distance for something.

"The vital point is precisely stuck," he said hurriedly as he paced about the field, dust shed in his wake, "pulling it out without ascertaining its counter will be like plucking a barbed arrow from the entry wound."

Without someone with the proper knowledge - who among their immediate company were limited - or a way to stop the progression, there was little they could do, but the Namekian may not have been the only one running on borrowed time.

For all he knew, this battle was still being fought.

Narrowing the examination of his sense-awareness, Ochazuke spread the field of Kyokushin Keihatsu, searching there to discern the nature of this hidden assailant's attack, and the pathway from which his needles had struck.
    Sarada's hand was literal inches from touching the needle when Ochazuke spoke grave, and with reason. She pulled her hand back and stepped away. "He spoke of being able to create portals and there was no assassin that I could see or sense. Unless it was invisible."

There was a notable embittered tone in her voice that was gone by the time she spoke again. "I think he or someone else tried to shut him up. He already said too much, but perhaps he knows more than our questions forced him to divulge."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!