Page 486 of 782 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490496536586 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Of course. As allies, Earth is more than willing to help you in your time of need. We are...accommodating.” The last is said with a wide grin before he turns and bows slightly to Parsley.

“Princess Parsley, a pleasure.”
    Parsley didn't falter, but her eyebrow fell back into place. She started to speak, but withheld until she could further assess who she was talking to. His garb and the air of authority around him put her in the mind of a world leader. Perhaps the ruler of this city, or more likely, the ruler of this planet.

She recalled hearing Sarada speaking with a President Grinthorn last year. This must have been this man.

Curious how he knew her, yet she had absolutely no knowledge of him. "President Grinthorn, I presume? A pleasure, regardless. I trust the morale of your people is at a fair level?"

Observational Focus heightened her senses so she could divulge all she could about him as she held his gaze. His body language, his power, anything her sight may have missed before when she first arrived.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Pantaloon's mechanisms truly were a marvel, the Arcosian had to admit. This Doctor wasn't the first to seek out Pantaloon for maliscious reasons, but for the most part he remained safe. No other would be universal conquerors sought him out. Why was that? As Earth spread it's influence throughout the galaxy, wird would spread that most of it's progress into thw stars were of Pantaloon's design. There was something amiss here.

Blizzar turned as the healer spoke squinted his eyes as the needle disappeared. "That is....an inconvenience," he grumbled. He turned to look at Chuan. "Are there any traces of this energy left in his system?" He asked. "Perhaps we can extract it for further study and-"

The human phrase, 'speak of the devil' applied aptly here. Funny that he should march out to greet them when he had just a few moments ago been the topic of discussion. "Mr. President," Blizzar nodded in greeting.

"Mr. President, if I may...." Blizzar spoke up quickly. "We've already conducted the interrogation. Now certainly we need this Namekian incarcerated, but his involvement is of intergalactic concern. As such, I would like to make a request to take him into Galaxy Police custody."

Things had escalated fast. Grinthorn wanted to interrogate the Namekian...personally? A leader who was willing to get his hands dirty was a rare sight. A trait often assigned to the megalomaniacal and the sadistic; terms befitting the President of Earth. Blizzar dealt often with those who thrived in the dark underbelly of the galaxy. The corrupt, the cruel.

All were able to be bargained with, to be reasoned with. They all had their vices, their weaknesses. They were living beings. Grinthorn, was a walking corpse in comparison.

"We need whatever information he can provide us of the crisis at hand and after his...recent near death experience, I suspect he will be a more than willing to divulge any information he may have been hiding," Blizzar spoke evenly.
    “Of course, of course. After I...question.....him, he can be remanded into GP custody. No muss, no fuss.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar remained as stoic as usual in her telepathic response to Sarada; eyes focused squarely on Grinthorn ... almost as if she was trying to get a read on the thing behind the mask. 'You were certainly right ... It is as everything about him is ... slightly off. What he knows, too ... is far more than he should.'

Ishtar offered a genuine chuckle at that, and as blunt as she'd ever been; simply said.

"I do not believe you. Though you play the part well enough."

When an apology was offered for being slightly off, the Oni raised an eyebrow. "Heard it from whom ?" Realizing after a moment that they'd stepped off onto a bit of a tangent however, Ishtar sighed, before pulling herself back into the relevant matters. "In any case. The ships in orbit have been routed, perhaps restoring communications and interstellar travel should be your priority. Interrogating a captive under our care, can wait. Perhaps shoring up your defenses given this seemed to have been little more than a diversion."
    “Already being done, Lady Ishtar. I leave those more capable of such tasks to the job, like our Jinzi. Those best suited to a job should do the job, no need for me to get in the way. That’s why I’ll be questioning the Namekian personally. There really isn’t anyone better, not to brag. Not anymore at least.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

"Bonded Ishtar....I've found you." Cthylla spoke mere inches from Ishtars ear, stepping out from behind the oni despite not having been anywhere near the group to have somehow slipped behind her in the first place.

"It appears you were able to conclude the situation...matters came up during the previous battle that required my immediate attention. Please continue to show this level of aptitude." The voidling gave the oni a pat on the head, then floated past. "I have noticed that you took prisoners....curious, but understandable. Allow me access to the prisoner, I will extract the necessary data and discard the remains."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley didn't falter, but her eyebrow fell back into place. She started to speak, but withheld until she could further assess who she was talking to. His garb and the air of authority around him put her in the mind of a world leader. Perhaps the ruler of this city, or more likely, the ruler of this planet.

She recalled hearing Sarada speaking with a President Grinthorn last year. This must have been this man.

Curious how he knew her, yet she had absolutely no knowledge of him. "President Grinthorn, I presume? A pleasure, regardless. I trust the morale of your people is at a fair level?"

Observational Focus heightened her senses so she could divulge all she could about him as she held his gaze. His body language, his power, anything her sight may have missed before when she first arrived.
    “Pantaloon saved the day, with your help, so morale is good. And, miracle of miracles, no casualties reported yet.”

Parsley......you get nothing. No power level, and his body language is...off. His limbs to long, smile too wide. It’s as if his motions are thought out and done, not subconscious. Like a mimic of something approximating human.

And yet, that eeriness of the fact that he appears to be human to your normal senses, albeit more gangly and taller, but the dicotomy of what you sense and what you see is...unnerving.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Of course, of course. After I...question.....him, he can be remanded into GP custody. No muss, no fuss.”
    The Arcosian wasn't prepared to let the President get away with abother victory. Not so suddenly.Time to make a gamble. "With all due respect...sir," Blizzar made sure to add hastily at the end. "I must insist that he answer to us first. Earth may be the first to receive this an invasion of this scope...or it may not. We've no way of knowing as of yet. The Galaxy Police's investigation could save countless lives, Mr. President...however," Blizzar continued, somewhat slyly.

"If we cannot come to an agreement here, then allow me to suggest a compronise. Keep the Namekian incarcerated. A prison on neutral ground. He's in no condition to escape and if he does he has nowhere to run or hide. We decide what to do with him on the day of the World Summit. That seems a far better environment for debating such matters, does it not?"

Of course, the Arcosian had an ulterior motive in mind and while he had no doubt that Grinthorn saw through his calm facade, this time he would force the Earthling President to play this game by his rules and not vice-versa.

Zurvan does not speak for a long time.

‘That is...troubling. There are.....rules, involving alternate timelines. Ishtar, stay there and see what else can be learned. I need to investigate. Something is....disturbed about this information you have brought me.’
    “Already being done, Lady Ishtar. I leave those more capable of such tasks to the job, like our Jinzi. Those best suited to a job should do the job, no need for me to get in the way. That’s why I’ll be questioning the Namekian personally. There really isn’t anyone better, not to brag. Not anymore at least.”
    Ishtar blinked.

"You speak as if you have already been allowed the audience. From what I understand, the Arcosian, and Sarada have already questioned the Namekian. That you are the 'best' means little, to me."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    The Arcosian wasn't prepared to let the President get away with abother victory. Not so suddenly.Time to make a gamble. "With all due respect...sir," Blizzar made sure to add hastily at the end. "I must insist that he answer to us first. Earth may be the first to receive this an invasion of this scope...or it may not. We've no way of knowing as of yet. The Galaxy Police's investigation could save countless lives, Mr. President...however," Blizzar continued, somewhat slyly.

"If we cannot come to an agreement here, then allow me to suggest a compronise. Keep the Namekian incarcerated. A prison on neutral ground. He's in no condition to escape and if he does he has nowhere to run or hide. We decide what to do with him on the day of the World Summit. That seems a far better environment for debating such matters, does it not?"

Of course, the Arcosian had an ulterior motive in mind and while he had no doubt that Grinthorn saw through his calm facade, this time he would force the Earthling President to play this game by his rules and not vice-versa.
    There is a moment Grinthorn looks at Blizzar, and Blizzar can feel a terrible certainty about to burst forth. Like Grinthorn is...displeased, and about to show it. And then he suddenly smiles too widely again.

“Hmm, sounds reasonable. Earth will keep him chained once you return him from wherever Ochazuke took him, and we shall hold off on questioning him until after the Summit.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“Pantaloon saved the day, with your help, so morale is good. And, miracle of miracles, no casualties reported yet.”

Parsley......you get nothing. No power level, and his body language is...off. His limbs to long, smile too wide. It’s as if his motions are thought out and done, not subconscious. Like a mimic of something approximating human.

And yet, that eeriness of the fact that he appears to be human to your normal senses, albeit more gangly and taller, but the dicotomy of what you sense and what you see is...unnerving.
    What... in the...

Parsley knew nothing of Grinthorn. She had never seen him before, nor had she heard him spoken of all too recently. What she saw when she analyzed him was disturbing.

First and most noticeably by everyone else was the fact that he had no power level. Which should have been impossible for a living organism. Only mechanical beings didn't have power levels. If it had a beating heart of some kind, or some kind of life force pumping through its body, it would have a detectable power level. And yet, Grinthorn had none. Just... nothing.

More disturbingly was his body language. It was too thought out, too rehearsed. It was as if he was a creature wearing a human skin-suit and was mimicking human movements. The... creature behind her was a prime example. She, to her knowledge, was an otherworldly creature who was wearing a skin-suit. Her body language was also off. Whether it was exactly the same wasn't clear, but it was similar enough to pique her curiosity and her suspicion.

"Excellent," she responded at hearing that there were no deaths thus far. "Sudden invasions often result in untold destruction and death, and yet your world was spared both. An excellent result all around."

The harsh dissonance between what Observational Focus was telling her and what she was seeing was also disturbing. Her eyes told her that he was simply an awkward, gangly human; her senses screamed that he was anything but.

On a whim and with further clarification in mind, she scanned him with Muda Phase One, just to ensure he wasn't a magical being of some kind.

"Today has been a positive. The powers of the universe will hear of this and realize that Earth has become a force in its own right. With hope, that will be enough to dissuade any further attempts at supplanting your authority."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Zurvan does not speak for a long time.

‘That is...troubling. There are.....rules, involving alternate timelines. Ishtar, stay there and see what else can be learned. I need to investigate. Something is....disturbed about this information you have brought me.’
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Bonded Ishtar....I've found you." Cthylla spoke mere inches from Ishtars ear, stepping out from behind the oni despite not having been anywhere near the group to have somehow slipped behind her in the first place.

"It appears you were able to conclude the situation...matters came up during the previous battle that required my immediate attention. Please continue to show this level of aptitude." The voidling gave the oni a pat on the head, then floated past. "I have noticed that you took prisoners....curious, but understandable. Allow me access to the prisoner, I will extract the necessary data and discard the remains."
    Ishtar felt Cthylla's presence, and cracked a smile, forgetting for a moment the dire state or their current situation.

"Cthylla. It is ... good to see you again. We perhaps should speak, when there is time. I consumed the corrupted spark within Parsic ... and now it is mine."

As for the matter of the Namekian however, the Oni shrugged.

"I believe he is an ally now that his former handler attempted to kill him. Creating a corpse of him is ... unnecessary I think."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar blinked.

"You speak as if you have already been allowed the audience. From what I understand, the Arcosian, and Sarada have already questioned the Namekian. That you are the 'best' means little, to me."

“Truth should never mean little, Lady Ishtar. Especially to one who cannot speak a lie. Besides, there is questioning and then there is...questioning. Regardless, I agree with the good lieutenant. It is a better idea to question him at the summit. Until then he’ll be held here in Capital City.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    What... in the...

Parsley knew nothing of Grinthorn. She had never seen him before, nor had she heard him spoken of all too recently. What she saw when she analyzed him was disturbing.

First and most noticeably by everyone else was the fact that he had no power level. Which should have been impossible for a living organism. Only mechanical beings didn't have power levels. If it had a beating heart of some kind, or some kind of life force pumping through its body, it would have a detectable power level. And yet, Grinthorn had none. Just... nothing.

More disturbingly was his body language. It was too thought out, too rehearsed. It was as if he was a creature wearing a human skin-suit and was mimicking human movements. The... creature behind her was a prime example. She, to her knowledge, was an otherworldly creature who was wearing a skin-suit. Her body language was also off. Whether it was exactly the same wasn't clear, but it was similar enough to pique her curiosity and her suspicion.

"Excellent," she responded at hearing that there were no deaths thus far. "Sudden invasions often result in untold destruction and death, and yet your world was spared both. An excellent result all around."

The harsh dissonance between what Observational Focus was telling her and what she was seeing was also disturbing. Her eyes told her that he was simply an awkward, gangly human; her senses screamed that he was anything but.

On a whim and with further clarification in mind, she scanned him with Muda Phase One, just to ensure he wasn't a magical being of some kind.

"Today has been a positive. The powers of the universe will hear of this and realize that Earth has become a force in its own right. With hope, that will be enough to dissuade any further attempts at supplanting your authority."
    No magic. He’s also not a void creature. His movements are not like Cthylla’s.

“That is my hope, that Earth can be recognized as a proper galactic power and partner.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Truth should never mean little, Lady Ishtar. Especially to one who cannot speak a lie. Besides, there is questioning and then there is...questioning. Regardless, I agree with the good lieutenant. It is a better idea to question him at the summit. Until then he’ll be held here in Capital City.”
    "It does, when one cannot trust the source." Ishtar replied, deadpan.

"So forgive me, if I take what is offered with a grain of salt until such time as there is trust, between us..." The Oni offered, remembering almost too late that as much as she was beholden to the truth, she was also the Consort of the Saiyan Empire ... which meant, unfortunately, that her manners were a thing required.

With a sigh, the Oni then offered at least something ... not so wholly blunt.

I doubt torture will be required, however. His former handler attempted to slay him. He will be agreeable -- as have others -- when we provide him the protection he will not find elsewhere. Perhaps even a means to return home, in time."

Arx Inosaan

"It does, when one cannot trust the source." Ishtar replied, deadpan.

"So forgive me, if I take what is offered with a grain of salt until such time as there is trust, between us..." The Oni offered, remembering almost too late that as much as she was beholden to the truth, she was also the Consort of the Saiyan Empire ... which meant, unfortunately, that her manners were a thing required.

With a sigh, the Oni then offered at least something ... not so wholly blunt.

I doubt torture will be required, however. His former handler attempted to slay him. He will be agreeable -- as have others -- when we provide him the protection he will not find elsewhere. Perhaps even a means to return home, in time."
    “I shall endevour to earn that truth mat, then. And you speak wisely. Perhaps your way will work best. We shall see at the Summit.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Praxat arrives on the Lookout and goes to where Kai is and speaks to him saying " hey Kai do you know where Althena is at the moment I need her for something important." " it involves get information out of a Namekian and her Clairvoyance would be lot of help for that." as Praxat is in calm state due to her skin color be is normal green color and her googles showing two calm face emojis. Praxat then says to Kai " oh yeah I guess you notice those two face symbols that currently on my googles."

" yeah that's part of a upgrade that Qaztoh install in in my googles a few weeks ago." " she told me it was part of a system she had been developed to help Toadians better emote, because of our species inability to make facial expressions. "
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.