Page 488 of 782 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma had sat down to rest after his fight with the Saiyaness. Hitozaru wasn't as draining as it used to be, but it was still tiring. Since he couldn't really do anything, when the Namekian had been attacked, he simply sat back and let the others with the right know-how do their work. It sucked, but... what could he do?

And then Grinthorn arrived and began talking with the others. He'd... met Grinthorn before. Some ceremony to thank him for his work in protecting Capital city and the world. And the man, if you could call him that, just... rubbed him the wrong way. Or, to put it in simple terms... Grinthorn gave him the creeps.

Wasn't just that he moved all... wrong, but that he knew things that he really shouldn't. Just... unnerving. Still, it was rude to just ignore the guy... right? Totoma stood up.

"President Grinthorn... it's been a while," said the Half-Saiyan hero. "I'm glad the civilians managed to get to safety... that Jinzi really is a miracle worker, isn't he?"
    He nods, eyes narrowed slightly at Jinzi’s continued praise.

“He is. I’ll need to make sure he and I work closer together from now on. I am pleased to see you continue to defend Earth with great honor, Totoma. Your continued efforts are appreciated.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Her original hypothesis was proven wrong when she peered even further. He wasn't whatever that skinbag behind her was. He also didn't have the taint of magic on him. Whatever he was, it was something out of her realm of understanding.

"I have a feeling it will be, soon enough. I trust Her Highness has already spoken to you about an alliance of sorts between this world and ours? Such a joining of powers can only benefit all parties involved."

She purposefully left out the fact that Her Highness was also her sister. The fact that he knew her name was curious; if he knew they were sisters, that would prove he knew more than he had any right to. That fact wasn't very known on this world.
    “Oh yes, we’ve made an alliance between Vocado, the Galaxy Police, and Earth. I hope Namek and others will join our alliance as well.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    With the Geofront back above ground, Meagan stood next to Jinzi and spoke to him. " It's been over a month since we were last together. The work you did here is even more amazing than usual. No wonder you've become something of a target." Her voice calm, yet the undercurrent of concern was unmistakable.

"Perhaps it is time you introduced me to this President of yours, Grinthorn, I have heard so much about."
    Jinzi pales a bit.

“Meagan....please, stay away from him as best you can. He.....I can’t protect you from him. I know I can’t protect you from much, but Grinthorn is a whole other thing.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Two weeks, it is!" Blizzar nodded gratefully. " Thank you for understanding, President Grinthorn. I'll see you again at the Summit.'
    “Indeed. Thanks you again, Lieutenant, for your help today.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Oh." Cthylla tilts her head. "....Cobb Grinthorn. I will remember your name. You are an interesting creature." The voidling takes a step back, giving him one more curious look. ".....this world is full of small surprises, it is no wonder it would have a surprising leader."
    “You as well.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “You as well.”
    With one final studying look, Cthylla took a step back, turned and approached Ishtar once again. The neutral expression on her face betrayed nothing of what she was thinking, and her voice was as normal sounded as a synthesized female voice would be...which credit should be given to Jinzi was a very convincing one.

".....Bond Ishtar....Regarding your previous statement to me, shall we discuss it in another location? I've decided I wish to move our conversation elsewhere..."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“Oh yes, we’ve made an alliance between Vocado, the Galaxy Police, and Earth. I hope Namek and others will join our alliance as well.”
    "Excellent! Then you can view today as something a trial run to show what we Saiyans are capable of."

Parsley wished Sarada had been more aware at the time of what she was getting her people into, but that couldn't have been helped. As someone as young and inexperienced as she at diplomacy and bartering trade agreements, it was likely she still agreed to this alliance despite realizing how... ill-suited Grinthorn was at anything requiring trust. She had only just met him and would never trust him as far as she could throw him.

On the other hand, this was the best way for her to keep an eye on him. He was up to something, she could feel it. She didn't know what, but whatever it was, it would eventually come down to them to stop it.

Hm, she pondered quietly as she noted how he interacted with the half-breed. It wasn't what he said, but his body language; specifically when Jinzi continued to receive praise.

"If the comments thus far are any indication, coupled with the praise he's undoubtedly receiving from the people of this city, it's a good thing Jinzi appears to have no interest in politics. Else, you'd have some stiff competition in your next election, right?" She laughed, playing it off as a joke, but paid close attention to how he reacted.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Jinzi pales a bit.

“Meagan....please, stay away from him as best you can. He.....I can’t protect you from him. I know I can’t protect you from much, but Grinthorn is a whole other thing.”
    "Jinzi, if he scares you that much then running away is not going to solve anything." Her expression softened, "You are no coward, I have seen you be braver than any Warrior I have ever met. Just tell me, why does he, of all people, frighten you? Why do you think he is more dangerous, more powerful than I am? Than you are?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

“Indeed. Thanks you again, Lieutenant, for your help today.”
    Blizzar nodded respectfully and walked away a few paces to see to the members of the Galaxy Police that were currently stranded with him on Earth for the time being, messaging them all on his data pad. They would receive their orders to assist in whatever reconstruction efforts Capital City had planned. To assist Earthling law enforcement however they could in the interim between now and the barrier over the Earth being deactivated. And most importantly, to situate themselves in their ships to recuperate and rest after a long battle.

Blizzar was all set hinself to head towards the Lookout, however...

"Excellent! Then you can view today as something a trial run to show what we Saiyans are capable of."

Parsley wished Sarada had been more aware at the time of what she was getting her people into, but that couldn't have been helped. As someone as young and inexperienced as she at diplomacy and bartering trade agreements, it was likely she still agreed to this alliance despite realizing how... ill-suited Grinthorn was at anything requiring trust. She had only just met him and would never trust him as far as she could throw him.

On the other hand, this was the best way for her to keep an eye on him. He was up to something, she could feel it. She didn't know what, but whatever it was, it would eventually come down to them to stop it.

Hm, she pondered quietly as she noted how he interacted with the half-breed. It wasn't what he said, but his body language; specifically when Jinzi continued to receive praise.

"If the comments thus far are any indication, coupled with the praise he's undoubtedly receiving from the people of this city, it's a good thing Jinzi appears to have no interest in politics. Else, you'd have some stiff competition in your next election, right?" She laughed, playing it off as a joke, but paid close attention to how he reacted.
    A very bold question from the Saiyan princess. Blizzar was interested in witnessing Grinthorn's reaction before he took off, but to all who took a glance at him, his eyes remained glued to his datapad...

He nods, eyes narrowed slightly at Jinzi’s continued praise.

“He is. I’ll need to make sure he and I work closer together from now on. I am pleased to see you continue to defend Earth with great honor, Totoma. Your continued efforts are appreciated.”
    "But of course, President Grinthorn," said Totoma, taking note of the slight narrowing. Jinzi and Grinthorn were somewhat at odds, but worked together regardless. Grinthorn was too politically powerful for Jinzi to simply ignore, and Jinzi was simply too useful to not make use of. Or at least that's how Totoma saw it.

Still... perhaps his praise had been too carelessly given. In the past few years, he had gone from a localized phenomena to... pretty much world-famous. Kids loved him, and while adults often found him a bit silly, the point was... his word had some amount of sway. The Just Saiyan endorsing Jinzi Pantaloon officially in the next election would certainly swing the vote in his favor a few points.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

“Indeed. Pantaloon would be an excellent president at some point.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“I shall endevour to earn that truth mat, then. And you speak wisely. Perhaps your way will work best. We shall see at the Summit.”
    Ishtar resisted the urge to 'hmph', instead nodding her head ever so slightly at the ... perhaps feigned concession. "Then it is settled."

Ishtar said nothing, but hearing him speak of 'others', was unnerving to say the least. This ... creature was like predator crammed poorly in the guise of prey; forming any sort of pact with him would be to willingly offer yourself up ... in some ways similar to Auroc. Though with the latter, they knew he could bleed, and feel pain. With Grinthorn all they knew was that he was dangerous.

How bothersome.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    With one final studying look, Cthylla took a step back, turned and approached Ishtar once again. The neutral expression on her face betrayed nothing of what she was thinking, and her voice was as normal sounded as a synthesized female voice would be...which credit should be given to Jinzi was a very convincing one.

".....Bond Ishtar....Regarding your previous statement to me, shall we discuss it in another location? I've decided I wish to move our conversation elsewhere..."
    Ishtar turned toward Cthylla, and nodded slowly.

"Let us do that, then. I do not feel it would be wise to speak of such things here, with certain ... individuals present."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“Now then, I do believe my people have some interesting tests to run on the.....desceased. Make sure they carried no diseases, viruses, that sort of thing. And of course to exam the cyborg and his tech.”

He smiles as, if you look around, you would realize while you were all focused on Grinthorn several teams of people in hazmat suits had loaded the cyborg’s body and several of the saiyan and goblin bodies up and taken them away.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Kai nods.

“She’ll live. She needs rest, but I’ve rekindled her inner fire. Odd though. I’ve never seen this type of sentient elemental before. Curious.”
    As Cyanna left to rejoin Charco, Dash took a step in closer to Kai, "What now? Ah mean, do we just put her up in a guest room? Or lock her up somewhere? Or turn her over to the Galaxy Police? Ah'd really like a chance to talk to her, ask her some questions. But what if she tries to escape? Or starts fighting?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Jinzi, if he scares you that much then running away is not going to solve anything." Her expression softened, "You are no coward, I have seen you be braver than any Warrior I have ever met. Just tell me, why does he, of all people, frighten you? Why do you think he is more dangerous, more powerful than I am? Than you are?"
    He shakes his head a bit.

“Just....just suspicion. I plan on beating him politically, and I’ve been building a case to do so, but.....it’s hard. He’s......secretive. Dangerous.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM