Page 497 of 782 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I shouldn't be surprised." The Nevadian muttered to himself as he walked down to the lab.

Does he ever go on vacation? Maybe I should have nabbed him when me and Jack went...Then again...Things got out of hand, even for my tastes...It's a small miracle we didn't die.

"Yoho?"

The Nevadian stuck his head through the lab door, surveying the area.

"Long time no see. How's my favorite billionaire playboy been?"
    Jinzi chuckles.

“Busy. How about you, Held?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah settled upon the lookout. Strange though President Grinthorn appeared, the political machinations of local leaders were generally not for the gods to interfere with. Self-determinism through selecting their own forms of government was a crucial step for each species to take, for good or ill. Just as she found it...unadvisable for the Saiyans to choose their monarch through gladiatorial combat, so too did she find Grinthorn a strange choice for elected office. But the humans of Earth had a far greater stake in their leadership than Asha'rah ever would. If they cared not to remove Grinthorn, Asha'rah wasn't going to do it for them without further cause.

With the immediate threat to Earth over, she had time to attend to personal business. She made her way to Etrina's room and knocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "...Door is Open. Come in."

Inside, Etrina sat quietly at a desk...flipping quietly through the pages of a tome. There was a tired look on her face, as though she hadn't gotten much sleep recently. Nearby, tucked neatly away in a small blanket....was a glowing Magicite crystal the goddess would recognize very well. Impliments around it would suggest that Etrina had recently been treating the crystal with some strengthening catalysts. Instructions left behind by Chrona after the incident. Though things were progressing well...it seemed the Id had yet to make her reappearance.

....and despite following the concluding treatments to the letter, the mage seemed to be losing more and more sleep in recent days.

".....Asha'rah, Hello.......could you pass me the blue book on the table over there........and the calipers too please......"
    The door is slightly ajar when Zaofan likewise knocks on it. "Etrina?" he asks, peaking through. "I sensed your ki and... oh, hello there, Asha'rah. May I join you both? I'd like to talk, if this is a good time."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi chuckles.

“Busy. How about you, Held?”
    "I've been worse." Held replied with a laugh, "It's nice to be able to travel without the Galaxy Police on my ass...I guess Blizzar wasn't just talk."

Under his breath the Nevadian added, "He better not be, for all the money I have to pay the guy."

Urgh....It's almost time, isn't it. To think all that beautiful money from swindling Space Vegas....I've really gone soft....Winning the place just to give it to the poor and downtrodden...Talk about a perpetual money machine, if there ever was one..

"Still...did you ever manage to fix that thing I left with you?" Held asked, tilting his head slightly, "I guess it's not as important as it used to be since my ass isn't on the line, but I'd sleep better knowing how the hell I ended up on this planet to begin with...."

He laughed, louder this time.

"Then again, this place is practically a beacon for trouble it seems. I didn't think I'd jump from visiting Sarada to helping repel an invasion."

“Yeah, I fixed it. It’s in that drawer to the left.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Wilhelm and all his capsules of info are at CC by the way.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

“Yeah, I fixed it. It’s in that drawer to the left.”
    Held smiled, clearly delighted.

"I guess I owe you one." He replied as he placed a hand on the drawer, lightly pulling at it. "I'd say I never had a doubt, but then again, I practically brought you dust, so..."

The Nevadian grasped the device in his hand, moving it from its resting place. Jinzi truly was a miracle worker, the signs of damage so slight, that if Held had not been so close, and so familiar with the object he would have never realized it had been utterly destroyed in the first place.

"Hopefully I can put this whole mess behind me." He said with a sigh.

"Thanks, Jinzi. I can see you're a busy guy, so I won't keep you too much...Hopefully my ship gets back here soon, or all this weirdness around the planet dies down so I can get back to business."

The Nevadian turned towards the exit, waving as he walked off, "I'll see you around. I'll probably be at the lookout in the meantime."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I left them with Jinzi, though knowing him he probably forgot about them."

Cyanna chimed in, "I can go them them."
    As she feared, Meagan didn't have the capsules on her. Thankfully, she left them with Jinzi as opposed to leaving them on Chroma. "Hurry up and get them," Sarada said to Cyanna. "It's important we find out all we can as soon as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I'm at a loss here...what is the his First Race...?" Blizzar questioned. "As for the Doctor, while I cannot rule him out as one, the Namekian did explicitly describe him as a human. But, perhaps that was simply an approximation."
    "I'm not too sure about them myself," she admitted to the patrolman. "And what little I did know, I forgot. Luckily, the man we met on Terra has information on them stored on tablets. We just need to get those tablets so we can refresh ourselves."

As for the doctor, him being described as a human didn't preclude him from also being a part of the First Race. The name, taken at face value, put her in the mind of the first series of beings created by the Creation Gods. She'd have to ask Asha'rah to confirm - assuming the goddess even remembered - but that was a good hunch if she said so herself.

"He could be a proto-human. Auroc, the god the Threshlings worship, is a proto-Majin, so it stands to reason that there are more of him. And the name 'First Race', to me, signifies the first of creation." She shrugged. "The human race had to come about at some point. Plus, he knows Ishtar from way back, so we already know he's old as ****."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    As she feared, Meagan didn't have the capsules on her. Thankfully, she left them with Jinzi as opposed to leaving them on Chroma. "Hurry up and get them," Sarada said to Cyanna. "It's important we find out all we can as soon as possible."

"I'm not too sure about them myself," she admitted to the patrolman. "And what little I did know, I forgot. Luckily, the man we met on Terra has information on them stored on tablets. We just need to get those tablets so we can refresh ourselves."

As for the doctor, him being described as a human didn't preclude him from also being a part of the First Race. The name, taken at face value, put her in the mind of the first series of beings created by the Creation Gods. She'd have to ask Asha'rah to confirm - assuming the goddess even remembered - but that was a good hunch if she said so herself.

"He could be a proto-human. Auroc, the god the Threshlings worship, is a proto-Majin, so it stands to reason that there are more of him. And the name 'First Race', to me, signifies the first of creation." She shrugged. "The human race had to come about at some point. Plus, he knows Ishtar from way back, so we already know he's old as ****."
    Cyanna stood at attention, making a odd sort of salute to Sarada, then vanished in a teleport.

Less than 10 minutes later she returned, looking a little dusty, but holding the case. "Sorry it took so long, Brother Jinzi forgot where he put it, then I had to climb through an old closet to pull them from a top shelf. Anyway, here they are." She handed the case to Sarada, as soon as Sarada get's back.

Wilhelm and all his capsules of info are at CC by the way.
    OOC: Is this okay?

Is Sarada still at the lookout?
    Last edited by Tami; 12-04-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ignore please.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 12-04-2018 at 02:43 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ochazuke, the nature of the chaff is simply to foreign. If you could examine it before it becomes the chaff would be one thing, but as it is now it’s very nature seems to rebuff your attempts to scan.

Pike and Pyros are taken into the Lookout, Eva and Kai promising that the shielding they’ll provide the two will be adequate to protect them. Chuan will stay there too until the summit and to watch over them just in case more needles attack.

Jinzi will be busy looking into the nature of the chaff for the next few days. It would take longer, but with you lot going through the capsules and any info, you find one reference (Wilhelm comms you and tells you where to look) about it being deployed and that modulating frequencies of magic, ki, and other energies seem to weaken the chaff and make it last a shorter period of time. This investigation will take a while.

Regardless, everyone is stuck on Earth for at least five days. Maybe less depending on how hard Jinzi works. Jinzi and Eva offer CC and the Lookout to bed down as needed.

OT: This is the general overview of what will occurs for the next bit.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held smiled, clearly delighted.

"I guess I owe you one." He replied as he placed a hand on the drawer, lightly pulling at it. "I'd say I never had a doubt, but then again, I practically brought you dust, so..."

The Nevadian grasped the device in his hand, moving it from its resting place. Jinzi truly was a miracle worker, the signs of damage so slight, that if Held had not been so close, and so familiar with the object he would have never realized it had been utterly destroyed in the first place.

"Hopefully I can put this whole mess behind me." He said with a sigh.

"Thanks, Jinzi. I can see you're a busy guy, so I won't keep you too much...Hopefully my ship gets back here soon, or all this weirdness around the planet dies down so I can get back to business."

The Nevadian turned towards the exit, waving as he walked off, "I'll see you around. I'll probably be at the lookout in the meantime."
    “It was my pleasure, Held. If you need a place to crash you are welcome here. I doubt anyone isn’t going anywhere for the next few days with this chaff in the atmosphere.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna stood at attention, making a odd sort of salute to Sarada, then vanished in a teleport.

Less than 10 minutes later she returned, looking a little dusty, but holding the case. "Sorry it took so long, Brother Jinzi forgot where he put it, then I had to climb through an old closet to pull them from a top shelf. Anyway, here they are." She handed the case to Sarada, as soon as Sarada get's back.
    OOC: I edited my last post out to keep things simple.

IC:

Cyanna returned before Sarada was done looking for Wilhelm. From the looks of things, he wasn't there, meaning he was still at Capsule Corp. She wished she had remembered that sooner or she would have had Cyanna bring him over. At any rate, they had the capsules, and knew where to find them thanks to the man himself radioing in to tell them which capsule to look in.

"Okay, this is all the information these tablets have on the First Race:

The First Race, undeniably old and powerful. Strange sleek silver ships, sky-riders that split the air and maneuvered far faster and smoother than should be possible. Strange technological weapons, spheres that spat pure condensed solar energy and even miniature black holes. Arcane objects of their past hooked up to amplifiers that split the sky and earth, transformed them into great and terrible beasts of epic proportions. War machines small and large filling the sky, portals and fold-space again and again appearing.

The creatures themselves were never seen. Only pure black flight suits or war armours are depicted.
    Unsure. The data-pad suggest there may be a connection between the First Race and the Threshlings due to magic. Most races do not possess great amounts of magic users, the trait uncommon, but both do in this case. It is theorized by the author of this data-pad that he believes the Threshlings are the remnants of the First Race, or some offshoot of it.

As to the Cairns, nothing. They had been used for war several times, but the biggest was back during either the mythical war in heaven or when the Super Saiyan arrived.

Of curious note, however, was that the Threshlings paid great respect when they fought here to the Cairns. Avoided them at all costs.
    Sarada frowned. That wasn't nearly as much as she thought there'd be, but it was better than nothing. She read through it again just to make sure she hadn't missed anything.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ochazuke, the nature of the chaff is simply to foreign. If you could examine it before it becomes the chaff would be one thing, but as it is now it’s very nature seems to rebuff your attempts to scan.

Pike and Pyros are taken into the Lookout, Eva and Kai promising that the shielding they’ll provide the two will be adequate to protect them. Chuan will stay there too until the summit and to watch over them just in case more needles attack.

Jinzi will be busy looking into the nature of the chaff for the next few days. It would take longer, but with you lot going through the capsules and any info, you find one reference (Wilhelm comms you and tells you where to look) about it being deployed and that modulating frequencies of magic, ki, and other energies seem to weaken the chaff and make it last a shorter period of time. This investigation will take a while.

Regardless, everyone is stuck on Earth for at least five days. Maybe less depending on how hard Jinzi works. Jinzi and Eva offer CC and the Lookout to bed down as needed.

OT: This is the general overview of what will occurs for the next bit.
    OT: Ishtar can also provid beds, etc at Dusk City if such is needed.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    OT: Ishtar can also provid beds, etc at Dusk City if such is needed.
    OT: Zaofan brought a **** ton of groceries to the Lookout kitchen, if anyone's hungry.

Astonishing Member

“It was my pleasure, Held. If you need a place to crash you are welcome here. I doubt anyone isn’t going anywhere for the next few days with this chaff in the atmosphere.”
    The Nevadian stopped for a moment, considering something.

"Now that you mention it, what's the deal with that anyways? I get that it's to isolate the planet, but...I'm surprised it's so effective, that even your resources seem to have trouble against it....What the hell did you all get into while I was gone?"

Held shrugged.

"Eh. I guess I should go ask that guy that Asha'Rah threw a mountain at, if I'm that curious, huh?"

He continued his walk.

"Still, I suppose since you offered to put me up while we wait, I'll take you up on your offer and crash here for a few days. I'll try not to be too much of a pest."