Page 5 of 782 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The atmosphere was tense and quiet. The air was thick with something strange. Something, not Earth normal. Almost a metallic taste.

And suddenly, those in Capital City would find their ki suddenly...gone. Unable to access it at all.

It was as if something suddenly turned their ki off, like an area effecting ki binder.
    The ki drained from the enviroment, An attractive, yet familiar looking girl materialized gripping at Nevanlinna butt.

The girl looked to be having a grand time...up until she realized several people were staring directly at her.

Nevanlinna continued her explanation... or tried to. "Now..."

Her expression became perturbed when Erosa's hands clasped onto her butt. After a moment, she closed her eyes and took a slow, deep breath. "My cultural sensitivity only extends so far, whoever you are, so, while I commend your taste, I request that you remove your hands from my... rear end immediately."
    The girl flashed a coy smile, but relented and hopped back with feline like grace. "Hehehe.......Sor~ry. Don't mind Er...M-Me......" The girl corrected herself suddenly. Turning her attention to the others, she lifted her hand. "Hello......Gaaaou......long time not seen."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The ki drained from the enviroment, An attractive, yet familiar looking girl materialized gripping at Nevanlinna butt.

The girl looked to be having a grand time...up until she realized several people were staring directly at her.

The girl flashed a coy smile, but relented and hopped back with feline like grace. "Hehehe.......Sor~ry. Don't mind Er...M-Me......" The girl corrected herself suddenly. Turning her attention to the others, she lifted her hand. "Hello......Gaaaou......long time not seen."
    "EROSA! Look, everyone! It's EROSA! This is GREAT!"

He likewise goes in to greet his friend, but then notices that Erosa appeared out of nowhere in the first place. "Ah, no. Whatever got us -- got you, too, huh friend?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Midori groaned as she forced herself to her hands and knees, shaking her head slightly as her systems worked to regain their bearings. Pushing herself to a standing position, Midori looked around in shock and horror, trying to make sense of everything.

"What happened?" Midori asked as she stared at what had once been Capital City, but was now a smoking crater. A sudden thought caused her to stop, and she looked around as she called out "SHIRO?!"

Moving around in search of her sister, Midori momentarily ignored the devastation around her as she hunted. After a few minutes, she caught sight of Shiro, laying on the ground groaning with a metal bar piercing through her right side.

"SHIRO!" Midori cried as she moved over to Shiro, kneeling beside her as she looked at Shiro's pierced side.

"I'm fine." Shiro said before she asked "What happened?"

"Don't know." Midori replied.
    They suddenly feel most of their energy just vanish. They have access to a bit, but it’s like they suddenly cannot summon it up as easily as before.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The atmosphere was tense and quiet. The air was thick with something strange. Something, not Earth normal. Almost a metallic taste.

And suddenly, those in Capital City would find their ki suddenly...gone. Unable to access it at all.

It was as if something suddenly turned their ki off, like an area effecting ki binder.
    What? No.

What?

"Not possible."

One impossibility after the next. It is a good thing Slak had already landed. The Namekian starts making his way towards the others. It is probably going to take him some time on foot, though.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Ishtar. A curious, exotic name, but... not an altogether unpleasant one. Yes, this one would certainly merit investigation. After all, was that not the reason she had undertaken this journey in the first place--to gather information on other species, especially previously unknown ones? Here was an opportunity as golden as this horned woman's eyes.

"Ishtar, a pleasure," she said, nodding. ""Forgive me for being so forward, but once we have time, would you mind me asking some question about you--or rather, what you are. I must say, having never encountered something like you, my curiosity has been piqued."
    In the end, this Nevanlinna was pleasant enough, Ishtar decided.

Perhaps a bit more arrogant than could have been hoped for; yet such was likely eve result of the situation itself. When she then asked, politely, to be afforded the chance of some questioning at a later date; it did not come as much surprise. Though one wondered at the reason, most simply wished to know what she was. A singular question with a straightforward enough answer.

This one ...

"Of course." Ishtar replied, offering Nevanlinna a small smile.

Accepting the request had not been difficult in the end, And really there was no reason not to, it was not as if such information would matter much; to say nothing of the fact that the golden-eyed Oni was as much an Oni as she was not. There was also a chance she may be afforded her own questions, when such a conversation between the two came to pass.

Plus ...

There was just something about those amethyst eyes.

It was a gradual shift.

A changing of the air that came creeping in, bringing with it a distantly familiar metallic taste that replayed the stale air that Ishtar had found herself accustomed to. She felt the balance that had been found inside of her struggle against the taste, as if at war with an unseen force, and then all at once ... the balance was smothered.

Ishtar glanced to the heavens, with a frown, yet remained silent. After all, a moment after her own realization, some of the others offered words she chosen not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Nothing about the present situation felt right, and it had her hair standing on end. If her tail wasn't wrapped around her waist, it would have been rolled upward, the telltale sign that a Saiyan felt threatened. Instead, her arms folded tightly across her chest as she glowered into the distance.

Then, she felt it. Like water being out of a drain, her ki was gone. "What the hell?" She flexed her fist and tried to fire up her aura.

Nothing.

"I can't feel my ki."

She kept her voice calm and level, but Ishtar would feel a panic starting to rise in her. They were in the destroyed ruins of Capsule Corp, seemingly the only ones left on the entire planet, nothing made sense, and now she had no access to any of her abilities. If things could get any worse, they'd be hard-pressed to deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The relief of finding his old comrades was quickly subdued as their energy simply vanished.

"****!" He hissed, "It's Gris-Gris Bayou all over again."

Regardless of the source of their immediate depletion, it didn't bode well for them, especially if this was the prelude of an attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "You all know how to harness your energy, correct?" P-Sta asked the Earthlings gathered before him. "Do any of you suddenly feel...off?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou KI
    And then suddenly... her ki vanished. Gone, like her dignity just now. Now, this was certainly a conundrum--it meant she actually had to legitimately play nice with these people. Well, she had been intending to do just that, because there was no need for this to end badly for her or them--probably them--but being forced into this irked her more than a bit.
    Ishtar glanced at each, as they struggled to summon forth their own smothered energies, yet ... in glancing down at her own side- a thing she had grown accustomed to given Anubis' capricious nature- the Oni found that the Tulpa persisted. So the magic yet lingered?

Flexing her metallic fingers, the Oni the splayed them out towards a nearby shard of ruined concert, and offered a word in the ancient Avesta:

"Starapateñti, Aēva."

The effect immediate, amplified gravity rendered the Shard nothing more than rubble, then; and Ishtar found it within herself to nod before offering a word of partial comfort to the others.

"My magic persists. Not all has been lost, then."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 05-07-2018 at 07:58 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

He likewise goes in to greet his friend, but then notices that Erosa appeared out of nowhere in the first place. "Ah, no. Whatever got us -- got you, too, huh friend?"
    "Zaofan!" Erosa shouted, for once sounding pretty much on spot, and pouncing over in a way only she could pull off, wrapping her arms around his neck and spinning around until she was leaning over his shoulders.....though with the added size of her and the lack of ki Zao it was a noticeably harder task to stay upright then it was before.

......and there was the squishy ballons pushed against his back....that was a thing too.

"Good you made it......I was with sister when the world went funny. Shes on her way over now. Does Zaofan and friends know whats happening?"

"Snekian...? I don't think I've ever had that kind of meat before. But if it can be grilled, it can be eaten, right? I'll keep it right here."

Poor, naive Zaofan.

"Charco!" Zaofan goes in for a firm handshake and a pat on the back. "It's good to see you, too. This reunion isn't turning out so bad after all!"

Then Zaofan looks around the ruins. "Well, except that. I really hope we're not the only people left in the area."

"Ugn...! What? What is... that?"

Zaofan collapses, leaning on Bojack, but the weight causing him to slip down the smooth surface of his Katchin bo staff. "Ng! My... my cape!"

He quickly unfastens the weighted cape, letting it drop the ground with a heavy thud, kicking up a cloud of dust in the process. Zaofan can stand again, though he still feels heavy and nowhere near as light on his feet as he used to be. "My strength...! What's going on?"
    Nevanlinna grimaced as the others' ki seemingly fled them as well. And that metallic taste the air had, she certainly did not like that. It did give her an idea as to why their ki had seemingly disappeared. It actually hadn't, but was just being suppressed by something.

"...my best guess would be ki-suppressing nanomachines or something to that effect," she said. "Based on that most curious metallic taste in the air, anyway."

Regardless of the cause, this made things more difficult than before. Doubly so for her, because while these people--mostly--were acquainted with each other, she didn't know one iota about them besides the obvious.

So this was the butt-grabber. She appeared to be a girl in her teenage years... abnormally pale, and clearly capable of some form of invisibility. Superficially, she appeared to be an Earthling, yet something seemed off about her. An off-shoot species of earthling, perhaps?

It merited questioning, at the very least. Later. She took note of the girl's name--Erosa--and returned to thinking of more pressing matters--like figuring out a way to get back her ki--and perhaps everyone else's ki if she could manage it.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Snekian...? I don't think I've ever had that kind of meat before. But if it can be grilled, it can be eaten, right? I'll keep it right here."

Poor, naive Zaofan.
    Sarada smiled and flashed a thumbs up. "Trust me, they're delicious. Once you get past the scales, that it." Oh man, he was in for a treat. Naga meat was so tender and juicy. Mmhmm. Plus, the venom some of them produces made for a great dipping sauce.

"Charco!" Zaofan goes in for a firm handshake and a pat on the back. "It's good to see you, too. This reunion isn't turning out so bad after all!"

Then Zaofan looks around the ruins. "Well, except that. I really hope we're not the only people left in the area."

Suddenly, another person appeared -- literally -- out of nowhere. Sarada was at a loss for words. Despite everything that was going on around them, her eye for beauty and fuckability was always on the prowl. And the girl in front of her was certain fuckable. Her face was flawless, her body immaculate. The curvature of her form was mouth-water and had Sarada feeling a wave of lust and hunger that she hadn't felt since she saw Ishtar in that wet shirt.

Holy ****, those ****! They're amazing. They look so soft and yet so firm. And they're so big! Man, I have to mate with this woman. I have to!

Sarada was already thinking about how she was going to approach her with the proposition for intense mating when she opened her mouth to speak.

Oh.

Oh Gods.

Oh dear Kami, it was Erosa.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

"He...hello, Erosa," Sarada greeted shakily, trying desperately to keep her eyes on the orbs in her head and not on her chest. "Long time no see, indeed."

Just where the **** did THOSE come from?! She was as flat as a fucking board the last time I saw her. Did she go through puberty or something?!

35 DD
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Zaofan!" Erosa shouted, for once sounding pretty much on spot, and pouncing over in a way only she could pull off, wrapping her arms around his neck and spinning around until she was leaning over his shoulders.....though with the added size of her and the lack of ki Zao it was a noticeably harder task to stay upright then it was before.

......and there was the squishy ballons pushed against his back....that was a thing too.

"Good you made it......I was with sister when the world went funny. Shes on her way over now. Does Zaofan and friends know whats happening?"
    Zaofan's eyes widened in shock. Sure, Erosa would be heavier now, but... well, that's new.

"Ah, well then. I see that you've gotten -- older. Yes, that's it. I suppose you do that, then."

Oh god she's in my hair. She's in my HAIR.

Kneeling down so that Erosa can dismount like a monkey, Zaofan stands back up again to lean on Bojack. "I don't know what's going on, but I do hope that Etrina joins us, soon. I don't think I even have the ability to sense ki anymore."

Nevanlinna grimaced as the others' ki seemingly fled them as well. And that metallic taste the air had, she certainly did not like that. It did give her an idea as to why their ki had seemingly disappeared. It actually hadn't, but was just being suppressed by something.

"...my best guess would be ki-suppressing nanomachines or something to that effect," she said. "Based on that most curious metallic taste in the air, anyway."

Regardless of the cause, this made things more difficult than before. Doubly so for her, because while these people--mostly--were acquainted with each other, she didn't know one iota about them besides the obvious.
    "Well, I don't know who you are, Lady Nannarama, but between your story of getting overcome by light, and you losing your own powers... it seems we're in the same boat together."
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-07-2018 at 08:03 PM.

"It's a nickname," she answered the patrolman. "Don't worry about it. We have more important things at hand."
    "Right," P-Sta nodded, wondering if every visit to this planet would land him in some insane situation. "Well...I can't use my enery, but at the very least I can still activate Katchin Mode, so if we run into a pinch, we're in good hands!" P-Sta commented, bragging somewhat.

Nevanlinna continued her explanation... or tried to. "Now..."

Her expression became perturbed when Erosa's hands clasped onto her butt. After a moment, she closed her eyes and took a slow, deep breath. "My cultural sensitivity only extends so far, whoever you are, so, while I commend your taste, I request that you remove your hands from my... rear end immediately."

A flurry of activity happened as everyone seemingly lost their powers at once, and a familiar pair of eyes stared up at Ishtar, even as the Id's hands had found purchase on Nevanlinna's behind. And despite the situation, Ishtar found herself offering an amused laugh at the spectacle.

"Well hello there, Erosa." Ishtar replied with a small smile, then.

"It is good to see you."

And while the change that had overtaken the familiar did not catch the Oni off guard as much as it had Sarada ... For a passing moment, the golden-eyed Oni hoped the Id might remember the offer made, all those months ago.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Surprisingly perceptive for a Saiyan, she must admit. She knew that they could be crafty in battle, but, in her experience, Saiyans outside of battle were simple-minded dullards, fit only for manual labor. Assuming, of course, that one could actually train the damn things.

"Royalty? Oh my, you flatter me, but... no, I am but a mere noble, a--" She paused for a moment, thinking of an analogy for her lie. "--a Knight? I don't know if your kind are familiar with that concept, so... perhaps referring to myself as... a Super-Elite for my people would be more comprehensible? Though, yes, it's an easy mistake to make, since our royalty does use 'lady' as well. Quite unnecessarily confusing, wouldn't you agree?"

Some of that was truth, but Sarada had been dead on... she was indeed royalty for her people, and it was for her people that she originally ventured out into the universe. That, and... curiosity. She wanted to learn all there was to know, and there was no way to achieve that back home.
    So, she was simply a 'noble', or the equivalent of a Super Elite by her own comparison. A not-quite accurate comparison -- Super Elites weren't considered royalty in the slightest -- but one that got the point across. With a single nod, she agreed that multiple uses of the same honorifics would lead to an unnecessary amount of confusion.

"Yeah," she agreed. "It's why we just refer to our royals as 'Your Highness' or 'His or Her Highness'. Keeps things simple. Besides, too many people with honorifics like that can lead to horrible egotism where it isn't warranted."

Of course, she was hardly one to talk, but she felt she had earned the right to puff out her chest, since she was a good deal stronger than the vast majority of her race. Hell, in just six months, she had just about surpassed where Tasure had been when she died. Four years from now, there was absolutely no tell where she would be. ****, she may even be a Super Saiyan.

Hehe.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Right," P-Sta nodded, wondering if every visit to this planet would land him in some insane situation. "Well...I can't use my enery, but at the very least I can still activate Katchin Mode, so if we run into a pinch, we're in good hands!" P-Sta commented, bragging somewhat.
    Sarada raised an eyebrow, but still nodded. As... odd as this guy was, they were bereft of options at the moment, and needed to take help where they could get it. "By the way, I'm Sarada. Who are you?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    In the end, this Nevanlinna was pleasant enough, Ishtar decided.

Perhaps a bit more arrogant than could have been hoped for; yet such was likely eve result of the situation itself. When she then asked, politely, to be afforded the chance of some questioning at a later date; it did not come as much surprise. Though one wondered at the reason, most simply wished to know what she was. A singular question with a straightforward enough answer.

This one ...

"Of course." Ishtar replied, offering Nevanlinna a small smile.

Accepting the request had not been difficult in the end, And really there was no reason not to, it was not as if such information would matter much; to say nothing of the fact that the golden-eyed Oni was as much an Oni as she was not. There was also a chance she may be afforded her own questions, when such a conversation between the two came to pass.

Plus ...

There was just something about those amethyst eyes.

It was a gradual shift.

A changing of the air that came creeping in, bringing with it a distantly familiar metallic taste that replayed the stale air that Ishtar had found herself accustomed to. She felt the balance that had been found inside of her struggle against the taste, as if at war with an unseen force, and then all at once ... the balance was smothered.

Ishtar glanced to the heavens, with a frown, yet remained silent. After all, a moment after her own realization, some of the others offered words she chosen not to.

Ishtar glanced at each, as they struggled to summon forth their own smothered energies, yet ... in glancing down at her own side- a thing she had grown accustomed to given Anubis' capricious nature- the Oni found that the Tulpa persisted. So the magic yet lingered?

Flexing her metallic fingers, the Oni the splayed them out towards a nearby shard of ruined concert, and offered a word in the ancient Avesta:

"Starapateñti, Aēva."

The effect immediate, amplified gravity rendered the Shard nothing more than rubble, then; and Ishtar found it within herself to nod before offering a word of partial comfort to the others.

"My magic persists. Not all has been lost, then."
    Someone else capable of using magic. How fortuitous, both for future opportunities to learn and for Ishtar confirming that magic still worked, to some extent. She had been just about to do that herself, actually.

"I did not expect you to be able to use magic... interesting, most interesting," said Nevanlinna, adding the fact that Ishtar could use magic to her mental notes about her. "Might that have been a spell to manipulate gravity? Quite rare... "

Zaofan's eyes widened in shock. Sure, Erosa would be heavier now, but... well, that's new.

"Ah, well then. I see that you've gotten -- older. Yes, that's it. I suppose you do that, then."

Oh god she's in my hair. She's in my HAIR.

Kneeling down so that Erosa can dismount like a monkey, Zaofan stands back up again to lean on Bojack. "I don't know what's going on, but I do hope that Etrina joins us, soon. I don't think I even have the ability to sense ki anymore."

"Well, I don't know who you are, Lady Nannarama, but between your story of getting overcome by light, and you losing your own powers... it seems we're in the same boat together."
    "...Nevanlinna. I would most appreciate it if you remembered it, at least for the duration of our cooperation," said Nevanlinna. It might have been an attempt at humor, but if it was, she wasn't laughing. But, she would forgive him just this once, as this was no doubt a stressful situation for a lesser species to be wrapped up in.

"While my ki abilities may have been suppressed, I was born--blessed, even--with prodigious magical capabilities, even by the standards of my people. I will be fine, should anything happen." She held out her sword. "And I've always got this, one must not forget."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 05-07-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Sarada raised an eyebrow, but still nodded. As... odd as this guy was, they were bereft of options at the moment, and needed to take help where they could get it. "By the way, I'm Sarada. Who are you?"
    "I'm glad you asked Sarada!" P-Sta answered, dashing backwards to have room to pose. "In a galaxy littered with strife and chaos, six shining beacons clear a pathway to peace! One of those beacons is me...The MAster StrategistGalaxy Patrol Elite Katchin Squadron! P-Sta!"

"..." P-Sta paused. "It's uh...normally a lot flashier than that, but without my energy..." P-Sta stood up, looking slightly defeated. "It's just not the same..."