Page 501 of 782 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Atonement only mattered for the living, not the dead. It was a sentiment that she believed completely just a year ago, but that thinking had changed during her time in Purgatory. The guilt of her actions weighed heavily on her, and she felt the need to make up for them somehow. If her own death would be denied to her by those who thought themselves her family, then there had to be something else. To hear the affirmation of what she believed in the past was frustrating.

Then, Ishtar stated that it was better to seek atonement with the living. Her 'victims' may appear to hate her... because they would have a difficult time expressing what they were really feeling... because they were Saiyans. "..." It was then that she sensed that Sarada was nearby. She swallowed her and raised her gaze from the floor and past Ishtar. There, she found Sarada standing there several yards from them.

She swallowed nervously. It occurred to her that she hadn't said a word to Sarada since she was resurrected and arrived on Earth. A fight with a mighty enemy and having to repel an invasion didn't really allow for conversation, but...

Her eyes fell to the floor again. She couldn't even look her sister in the face at this distance; how was she going to be able to look at her up close.

"Give us a moment," Sarada said to Ishtar as she approached. She stopped when she was standing beside the Oni, but didn't move or look anywhere but at Parsley until Ishtar was gone.

How? How can she still care about me after what I did? Parsley wondered bitterly. How?
    There was a lot of things Ishtar could have said, and perhaps should have said to Parsley then ... and yet Sarada's approach caused the golden-eyed Oni to fall silent; and she instead ceded the floor to her love.

Give us a moment.

The Oni smiled, and nodded.

Sarada wasn't asking, and even if she had, Ishtar understood quite well how difficult the next few minutes would be; and as emotional as she wagered it would become ... no one needed to be around for that. Besides, Ishtar would feel it anyway.

"Take the time you need, I will ensure you have your privacy."

With that the glowing-horn Oni stepped away, and left the two sisters alone.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"I'm her brother," Pinach answered.

"And I'm her cousin." Rutaba ran up to the window to watch the fight, her tail brushing against Dash's arm. "Who's that fighting out there? They're really going at it!"

Meanwhile, Pinach split his attention between the amazing fight and the capsule in Dash's hand. "What that in your hand?"
    Holding the capsule out, Dash spoke casually, "Oh, this? Ain't nothin, just my dirty clothes. You wanna see?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    In the mere moments he has before he's intercepted by Sasheem, Zaofan wonders to himself.

This fight shouldn't be happening! The damned fool! But... but I feel great! That soup has done it! This could be my first test drive!

With newfound resolve, Zaofan yells out, "RAKAN OPTIC BLAST!" His left arm parries, blocks, and counters each of Sasheem's punches thanks to the Rakan Geki. To meet the two Katchin fingers just inches away from his nose, he fires twin, thin Optic Blasts right to their centers, pushing them back enough for Zaofan to grapple the hand with his right, twisting it back and tossing the Majin to the side, and firing a standard, larger Optic Blast towards the flying body.
    What the hell?! This human...can't have gotten this strong could he...wait...is it from that damn soup?!

Sasheem's thoughts raced as one by one, each of his moves were countered. He couldn't believe this atrocity. His mind quickly went back to a few months or so ago, when Ishtar told him he truly didn't earn his current level of power, as he had simply 'stolen' it from P-Sta. What a load of garbage! If that was an example of cheating, the Majin could only wonder what kind of atrocious foul this souped up stated was supposed to be.

But enough contemplation! There was fight underway. A fight to the death! It was imperative that he concentrate, lest he fall victim to the Optic Blast speeding right towards his neck. Wait...

"Dammit..." Sasheem muttered, the blast severed his neck from the rest of his body.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena replies to this saying " yes I would like that." " as a warrior Praxat is more powerful than I'm but she still has a lot to learn." " her reaction time from what I observe is poor." " I test her once and despite our differences in power I was able to dodge every single one of her attacks."

" she needs to learn how to not think too much during combat." Praxat replies to this saying " yeah I know I have lot to learn and I say that your still naturally stronger than I'm Althena." " yeah there's no way I could walk around with around 800 kilograms of weighted clothing and a carrying a 107 Kilogram book with ease without using Ki." " well you aren't carrying the book of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam or wearing your weighted clothing right now."
    OOC: well Althena agree to have a chat with Megan late on tonight which now is yesterday night in the RP.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

OOC: well Althena agree to have a chat with Megan late on tonight which now is yesterday night in the RP.
    OOC: Talk to you in Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC: Talk to you in Discord
    OOC: yeah I already post it on discord.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Morning

On the Lookout Althena is training Praxat and Qaztoh wearing her 800kg weighted clothing saying " Okay Praxat let's have a quick sparring match I'll even handicap myself and just fight in base state." Praxat replies to this saying " are you sure about this your wearing weighted clothing your going to be putting yourself at such a disadvantage." Althena replies to this saying we will see about that " now come at me I'll even allow you to use Boost mode if you want." Praxat replies to this saying " Boost Mode but that would put this sparring match in my favor."

Althena replies to this saying " we will see Praxat." Praxat goes into Boost mode and begins sparring with Althena. she goes to land a punch but Althena hops out of the way and then seems to be hop on the ground, other parts of the Lookout and even the air at blazing speeds causing Praxat to say " wait is she actually jump on air?" " how in the hell is she even doing that."

Althena replies to this as she dodges another one of Praxat's attacks saying " it's not really jumping , but a set of micro flights." " it's basically like the flight you know how to do with Ki expect only in increments to give off the illusion of actually jump on air." " it's application of the technique Flash Hop." Praxat tries to hit Althena over and over again but Althena keeps dodging her attacks causing Praxat skin to turn red and frustrated emoji to appear on her googles as she says" dammit I don't get it."

" I'm more powerful than Althena and should be faster but so far I haven't even landed a single hit on her." Althena replies to this saying " yes you are indeed more powerful and faster than I'm but you lack experience." " you are still thinking way too much and that is causing a delay in your reactions." " you need to feel not think during combat."

Praxat replies to this as she tries to hit Althena saying " how I'm supposed to do that?" Althena replies to this saying " you just have to figure it out." Praxat thinks to herself ( I maybe more powerful and faster than Althena but I can clearly see that she's on whole another level from me when it comes martial arts experience. I really do have a lot to learn. )

OOC: Megan can come in at anytime. also Sadara can come in just for this moment

OOC2: just kidding. anyways Megan can come in at anytime.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-05-2018 at 08:57 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Ishtar swore to ensure them privacy before she left.

Good.

Sarada kept her eyes peeled on Parsley, even as the elder sister kept her eyes glued to the floor. She had heard nearly every word of what was shared between her and Ishtar. At first, she could hardly believe that it was Parsley talking; to the point that she thought she was possessed by some remorseful ghost of some kind. Then, the more she spoke, the more Sarada realized that not only was it Parsley, but Parsley had changed.

It was a shock the likes of which Sarada had never encountered. She was so used to the confident - if not arrogant - and collected Parsley, who was secure in her truth and who she was as a person. This woman standing before her, who couldn't even look her in the eye, was someone else. Oh, she looked like Parsley, but everything about her was off. Even the way she spoke was off. It was soft and meek, made even more so by her soft voice.

Her eyes trailed down her arm to her hands, which were clenched by her side. She noticed how they were trembling. Was she afraid?

What did she have to be afraid of? They were as safe as safe could be here on the Lookout.

She took a step forward, then another. When Parsley didn't move, she dared to take another two steps. Slowly, she closed the gap between them. Slowly, the memories of the last time she saw Parsley before today flashed through her head.

Slumped against the wall, sitting in a mixed mush of old food, feces, vomit, and blood, was Parsley. She wasn't moving. Her chest was still. Her energy, originally mysterious, yet vibrant and so brilliant, was gone.

Parsley was dead.

At some point, Sarada moved from the door to kneeling beside her, cradling her head in her chest. “Please say something,” she sobbed. “Please, Parsley. Wake up. Wake up!”
    The helpless, fruitless pleas from a year ago flashed through her head. She swallowed and took a shaky breath. Her face felt hot, but it wasn't wet. Not yet. As the distance closed between them, she could hear the hitching breaths her sister was taking in. "..."

Finally, she was within a few feet of her. She was able to hear clearly the mumbles under her breath, but couldn't quite make out what she was saying with absolute certainty. In the end, it didn't matter.

This was her. Her sister.

Alive.

Vibrant.

Breathing.

Living.

Sarada said nothing, instead preferring to come to grips with the fact that Parsley was standing before her. Her power was there; Sarada could feel it. She was alive.

She was alive.

Her hand reached up, sans glove, and gently stroked her cheek, then moved to grip the back of her neck. In one sudden movement, she pulled Parsley into her and held her more tightly than she had in her entire life. The woman froze, even as hot tears fell from her face and dripped on her neck. "You're alive," she murmured softly.

Parsley was still frozen, like an animal caught in an unfamiliar circumstance. "...I..." As if completely unsure of what she was doing, her arms rose and wrapped themselves around Sarada's back. Then, "I'm sorry."

Somehow she hadn't been expecting it. "Me, too," she replied tearfully.

Eventually, after several long moments spent holding each other, the sisters detached and back away to create space between them. Sarada looked her sister in the eye and could feel herself smiling at her for the first time in a long, long time. "I'm glad you're alive."

Parsley held her gaze, a soft smile of her own starting to form. "I have a lot to make up for."

She nodded. While it was good that she was alive again, that didn't excuse what Parsley had done to her during her training. "You can start by coming home with me."

It took her by surprise. "Will I be welcome?"

"You'll be welcome by the people who matter."

It seemed that that was all the reassurance she needed. Knowing that their family and close friends - the few that Parsley had - would welcome her back with open arms, even if the rest of the populace didn't, was enough to assuage any fears her older sister may have had.

"Okay," she agreed.

"Okay." Sarada's smile widened. She reached up and wiped the tears from under her eyes. "Stop crying. You look like a baby."

"I should say the same to you. Besides, you were crying first." She grinned and reciprocated the gesture. "I'm going to call you Queen Cryrada from now on."

It wasn't the wittiest insult she had heard from her sister, but it was one. One she wasn't going to let her get away with, mind, but it was still one, something she had spent nights begging the higher powers to hear again. And now, she could. Her sister was alive and here, where Sarada could see and hear and touch her.

"Alright, that's enough of that." She breathed in to calm down. "I'm starving. You?"

"Yes, horribly. Zaofan owes me a pie." Parsley started for where she sensed Zaofan. "Cherry, blueberry, and apple. You want one?"

"Pie! I love eating pie. Dibs on blueberry!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Etrina, Zaofan, the soup is hot. Not spicy, but a warmth flows when you eat it throughout your body. You feel the need to finish the soup, and when you do you feel energy build in you as the warmth spreads.

The taste is excellent. Hard to pin down exactly what the flavor is, but you know you like it.

After you finish your bowls, you feel the warmth slowly fade and you feel reinvigorated and more powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan takes a sip with the spoon. Doing a double take and locking eyes with Etrina, he forgoes the spoon and picks up the bowl with both hands. His body feels tingly, amazing, wonderful. He closes his eyes, and presses the bowl into his mouth, and he soon learns the difference between eating soup, and straight-up drinking it. With his eyes closed, his mind engages in a struggle -- trying to restrain himself and trying to identify the flavors so that he could replicate it in the future. He fails at both tasks, in his haste.

When finished, he slowly pulls the bowl away from his lips, eyes still closed. He exhales peacefully, almost as if steam escapes his partially closed lips. He lowers the bowl and gradually opens his eyes. "That... that was fantastic. I feel fantastic!"

Those who can sense ki on the Lookout would notice Zaofan's ki spiking up. "Hoooo-baby."

He looks at the large pot of soup, and blinks twice. "Oh my Kami. I have to be judicious about this. There's only 4... 5 bowls left of this stuff." He capsules the soup and gets up. "Etrina, how do you feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Having been distracted with the soup bowl up to his mouth, Zaofan returned his attention to his lovely beautiful master just in time to catch the empty bowl hit the table. The dignified Etrina Stoltengarde, heiress to one of the greatest mage family legacies in the world.....had finished her soup with suck reckless abandon that she had a very obvious "soup beard" that she only moved to erase with her napkin the moment she noticed both him and Asha'rah staring at her.

"...Ahhh.....ahah....Well.....That was certainly " A large comedic belch escaped Etrinas mouth, responding with a hand slapped over her mouth. "........It....was good.....yes....v..very good...."

The mage looked alive again, the tired look having vanished from her eyes and been replaced with a mix of embarrassment and....something else.

"......Just so you know...neither of you better mention what happened just now to anyone...Even someone like me can slip once in a while....*cough*...." The mage glanced over to the side of the room where Erosas magcite lay. "......Hmmm.....Well, This was most certainly the most delicious soup I've ever tasted! Its a shame that Erosa isn't here too sample some....Oh how dreadful. I guess we'll have to give the rest away to Sarada."

Though it wasn't much, all three could catch the small crystal suddenly vibrate in its blanket.
    Suddenly, as the newly reunited sisters stepped through the Lookout toward where they sensed Zaofan, they both caught a whiff of something that smelled succulent and delicious. "What is that?" Sarada wondered. Whatever it was, it was mouthwatering. She wiped some drool that was about to run down her chin, then broke out into a sprint.

Parsley was dead on her heels, somehow more dignified and yet more ravenous than her sister. "He dares hold out on us!" she stated, affronted, when they passed by the kitchen and didn't find him there.

To think that Zaofan was selfishly hoarding food for himself. What had happened to the ultra generous chef who always shared what he cooked with everyone not just himself. "Wait... I sense Etrina. And Asha'rah!" Sarada's eyes narrowed. "So, that's how it is?"

He cooked for Etrina, but not them? Why not? What did Etrina have to offer that they didn't?!

"Zaofan!" Parsley barked the moment she breached the entry into Etrina's quarters. She folded her arms over her chest and stared at him menacingly. "Holding out on us, hm?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Suddenly, as the newly reunited sisters stepped through the Lookout toward where they sensed Zaofan, they both caught a whiff of something that smelled succulent and delicious. "What is that?" Sarada wondered. Whatever it was, it was mouthwatering. She wiped some drool that was about to run down her chin, then broke out into a sprint.

Parsley was dead on her heels, somehow more dignified and yet more ravenous than her sister. "He dares hold out on us!" she stated, affronted, when they passed by the kitchen and didn't find him there.

To think that Zaofan was selfishly hoarding food for himself. What had happened to the ultra generous chef who always shared what he cooked with everyone not just himself. "Wait... I sense Etrina. And Asha'rah!" Sarada's eyes narrowed. "So, that's how it is?"

He cooked for Etrina, but not them? Why not? What did Etrina have to offer that they didn't?!

"Zaofan!" Parsley barked the moment she breached the entry into Etrina's quarters. She folded her arms over her chest and stared at him menacingly. "Holding out on us, hm?"
    "If your looking for Zaofan," Dash jerked her head towards the window, "he's still fighting with Sasheem, an holden' his own better'n ah figgered he would. If you're lookin' for food, there's plenty in teh kitchen. Help yourselves." As she said this, she casually pocketed the capsule and headed towards the door.

Retired Overlord

"...........Zaofan, could you explain to the young saiyan the pecking order when it comes to your cooking....I do believe she has come to a strange conclusion." Etrina commented with more then enough sass for the room. "More specifically where people who don't bother to knock before entering a room are.....I'll give you a hint, its below the duck."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "...........Zaofan, could you explain to the young saiyan the pecking order when it comes to your cooking....I do believe she has come to a strange conclusion." Etrina commented with more then enough sass for the room. "More specifically where people who don't bother to knock before entering a room are.....I'll give you a hint, its below the duck."
    Despite the unnecessary sass directed her way, Parsley smirked. "Etrina. I was hoping to run into you. I believe I owe you a beating for last year." Her smirk grew into a predatory smile. "Once Zaofan gives us some of whatever smells so delightful, we can commence at your leisure."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Morning

On the Lookout Althena is training Praxat and Qaztoh wearing her 800kg weighted clothing saying " Okay Praxat let's have a quick sparring match I'll even handicap myself and just fight in base state." Praxat replies to this saying " are you sure about this your wearing weighted clothing your going to be putting yourself at such a disadvantage." Althena replies to this saying we will see about that " now come at me I'll even allow you to use Boost mode if you want." Praxat replies to this saying " Boost Mode but that would put this sparring match in my favor."

Althena replies to this saying " we will see Praxat." Praxat goes into Boost mode and begins sparring with Althena. she goes to land a punch but Althena hops out of the way and then seems to be hop on the ground, other parts of the Lookout and even the air at blazing speeds causing Praxat to say " wait is she actually jump on air?" " how in the hell is she even doing that."

Althena replies to this as she dodges another one of Praxat's attacks saying " it's not really jumping , but a set of micro flights." " it's basically like the flight you know how to do with Ki expect only in increments to give off the illusion of actually jump on air." " it's application of the technique Flash Hop." Praxat tries to hit Althena over and over again but Althena keeps dodging her attacks causing Praxat skin to turn red and frustrated emoji to appear on her googles as she says" dammit I don't get it."

" I'm more powerful than Althena and should be faster but so far I haven't even landed a single hit on her." Althena replies to this saying " yes you are indeed more powerful and faster than I'm but you lack experience." " you are still thinking way too much and that is causing a delay in your reactions." " you need to feel not think during combat."

Praxat replies to this as she tries to hit Althena saying " how I'm supposed to do that?" Althena replies to this saying " you just have to figure it out." Praxat thinks to herself ( I maybe more powerful and faster than Althena but I can clearly see that she's on whole another level from me when it comes martial arts experience. I really do have a lot to learn. )
    Althena finishes her sparring with Praxat saying " okay that's enough sparring for today now reflect on what you need to work on and continue your training Praxat." Praxat does a traditional Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam bow which involves put the hands together , gently kneel while remaining in a vertical position and then bending the entire upper body forward saying" yes Sensei I will reflect on that and continue my training." Althena then says " I'm going to have a talk with Megan ." Qaztoh replies to this saying " ancestor why have I gotten a chance to spar with you yet?"

Althena answers saying " because Qaztoh compare to Praxat you are still just a novice." " you're not ready for sparring practice yet." " do not rush your training Qaztoh." " taking the short and easy path is never the best choice." Althena then walks off to go talk to Megan.

OOC: well Althena has finishes Praxat's sparring practice and is now going to talk to Megan.
    My Forum check it out

Althena finishes her sparring with Praxat saying " okay that's enough sparring for today now reflect on what you need to work on and continue your training Praxat." Praxat does a traditional Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam bow which involves put the hands together , gently kneel while remaining in a vertical position and then bending the entire upper body forward saying" yes Sensei I will reflect on that and continue my training." Althena then says " I'm going to have a talk with Megan ." Qaztoh replies to this saying " ancestor why have I gotten a chance to spar with you yet?"

Althena answers saying " because Qaztoh compare to Praxat you are still just a novice." " you're not ready for sparring practice yet." " do not rush your training Qaztoh." " taking the short and easy path is never the best choice." Althena then walks off to go talk to Megan.

OOC: well Althena has finishes Praxat's sparring practice and is now going to talk to Megan.
    Meagan was on her way to talk to the prisoners when she runs into Althena, "Good morning."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash yells back, "Ah will if you'd just stop yelling about it all over the place. Ain't no way to keep a secret by screaming it for all to hear!"
    The sass would get to him. Right after firing his Optic Blast at Sasheem, Zaofan's neck makes full use of its joints while he circles his head in sarcasm and yelling above. "Well EXCUSE ME! I'm not telepathi--"

He would soon find himself distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    What the hell?! This human...can't have gotten this strong could he...wait...is it from that damn soup?!

Sasheem's thoughts raced as one by one, each of his moves were countered. He couldn't believe this atrocity. His mind quickly went back to a few months or so ago, when Ishtar told him he truly didn't earn his current level of power, as he had simply 'stolen' it from P-Sta. What a load of garbage! If that was an example of cheating, the Majin could only wonder what kind of atrocious foul this souped up stated was supposed to be.

But enough contemplation! There was fight underway. A fight to the death! It was imperative that he concentrate, lest he fall victim to the Optic Blast speeding right towards his neck. Wait...

"Dammit..." Sasheem muttered, the blast severed his neck from the rest of his body.
    Only to find the Optic Blast doing more than intended.

"OhdearKamiI'vekilledthepoorbastard..."

With his greatly increased reflexes and speed, Zaofan rockets through the sky and downward to catch Sasheem's head. "Oh no oh no oh no oh no OH NO!" His panic clouds his mind. His new power muddies his judgment. But his reflexes are still on point. He catches Sasheem's flying head with both hands, the base of the skull cupped by two hands. He looks Sasheem straight in the eyes in terror and shame.

...only to remember that, not only would such an attack not kill Sasheem, his body is almost custom-made to be this gooey and viscous.

"AHHH YA GROSS BLOB OF GLUTTON!"