Page 51 of 782 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Seeing the one who was with them but unfamiliar to her arrive, Meagan called out, "There might be some survivors. I need help over her at this building."
    Zaofan floats down to the disaster area -- for lack of a better term -- to meet with the others. "Meagan! Nevan! I came as quickly as I could. I sensed the number of ki signatures basically quadruple and I --"

Looking around, he asks the two, "What... what happened here? This looks terrible! Like some kind of attack...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    With help, they clear out some rubble and find a bunker style door set in the bottom of the building.

Prying it open reveals twelve Saiyan children (between five and twelve years of age), and one wounded older Saiyan women guarding them. She must be old, there was actual white and grey in her short cropped hair. A wound at her side dripped a steady drop of blood, but her fierce and protective stance never changed. A knife in one hand never wavered as she stared daggers at them.

“You’ll have to go through me to get to them.”

Sarada does recognize this women. She hasn’t seen her in years, almost a decade, but she does know her.

This is her great aunt Enoki.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    At last, the final piece of rubble blocking the survivors in was removed, revealing a bunker door. With haste, she pried it open. When she saw the children and the woman guarding them, her breath caught in her throat. The kids couldn't have been any older than twelve, and the youngest was probably five. It wasn't them that caused her to falter. It was the woman.

Enoki. Sarada was a little girl the last time she saw her great aunt.

"Enoki," she called out. She stepped inside, slowly and carefully to keep from triggering her. She was on edge after Jagam's attack; the last thing she wanted was another fight in front of these children. They had seen enough. "It's me, Sarada."
    The woman and Sarada clearly know each other. Without interfering, Zaofan turns to Meagan, whispering quietly, "Oh. All these people... they're Saiyans! Oh no..." he realizes with sorrow.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Eni drops to one knee, pale from blood loss. She grins.

“Well...Damn good to see you.....niece.”

Sarada recalls Enoki always treated her well.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan floats down to the disaster area -- for lack of a better term -- to meet with the others. "Meagan! Nevan! I came as quickly as I could. I sensed the number of ki signatures basically quadruple and I --"

Looking around, he asks the two, "What... what happened here? This looks terrible! Like some kind of attack...!"

The woman and Sarada clearly know each other. Without interfering, Zaofan turns to Meagan, whispering quietly, "Oh. All these people... they're Saiyans! Oh no..." he realizes with sorrow.
    "We have survivors and they need medical attention." Meagan uses the communicator to contact Jinzi, "Jinzi, send medical help, we have survivors. Jagam was here and he might still be."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Eni drops to one knee, pale from blood loss. She grins.

“Well...Damn good to see you.....niece.”

Sarada recalls Enoki always treated her well.
    When she fell to a knee, Sarada was there to give her much needed support. "I got you, aunt."

Even if it had been almost a decade since she had last seen her, she remembered vividly that Enoki always treated her well despite being so much weaker than her sister. She never forgot that kindness -- well, kindness for a Saiyan.

She helped her to her feet and let her lean on her body. "I have a group here with me. There's a few healer for you and everyone else who's injured," she said as she started to lead her and the children out of the bunker. "Is he still here?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Wasn’t Jagam. The Junjo ambushed us with their neural stunner. Took a bunch of us and then killed the rest with orbital bombardments.”

She grimaces as Jinzi arrives with Slak and Chuan, who starts healing her.

“Made it look like Jagam did it to cover their tracks. I woke up before they could take me and managed to kill a few. Grabbed a few kids and bolted for a deep bunker before they slagged the place.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Wasn’t Jagam. The Junjo ambushed us with their neural stunner. Took a bunch of us and then killed the rest with orbital bombardments.”

“Made it look like Jagam did it to cover their tracks. I woke up before they could take me and managed to kill a few. Grabbed a few kids and bolted for a deep bunker before they slagged the place.”
    The Junjo?

Sarada bared her teeth and let out a furious growl. "Those fuckers. They kidnapped me and the rest with me and stole our energy. They planned on selling us into slavery, but when we escaped and killed a few of theirs, they tossed us out like garbage. That's how we ended up here."

She couldn't believe this! It was one thing to kidnap her and drain her energy. But, to do it to Saiyans, to drain their energy and try to kill a bunch of kids.

"I'm going to get off this rock, find their slave planet, and kill every last one of those motherfuckers," she spoke in a scarily calm voice. "The Junjo will be extinct when I finish with them."

But first, the injured needed to be tended to. "Do you have a way out of here? Our ship kind of got destroyed in the landing."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"We have survivors and they need medical attention." Meagan uses the communicator to contact Jinzi, "Jinzi, send medical help, we have survivors. Jagam was here and he might still be."
    Zaofan nods and turns to Enoki's group. "I didn't bring any medical supplies, but if there are any kids can move without exacerbating any injuries, I can help tend to them."

When she fell to a knee, Sarada was there to give her much needed support. "I got you, aunt."

Even if it had been almost a decade since she had last seen her, she remembered vividly that Enoki always treated her well despite being so much weaker than her sister. She never forgot that kindness -- well, kindness for a Saiyan.

She helped her to her feet and let her lean on her body. "I have a group here with me. There's a few healer for you and everyone else who's injured," she said as she started to lead her and the children out of the bunker. "Is he still here?"
    Stepping up calmly to Sarada, being conscious of the moment, Zaofan speaks in a soft, for-once serious tone. "Sarada, if the children are able-bodied enough to come with me, I can lead them to Slak and Chuan. They're here, too."

As Zaofan overheard Jinzi, he found his fist curling up against. "Those blasted Junjo! Slavers, bombers... have they no honor?"

She felt Ishtar's concern before the Oni spoke over the comm.

"They're dead," she choked out tersely. "Jagam."

The name felt like a hot stab to her throat. It hurt too much to say any more, so she left it at that. Those three words were more than enough to get the point across.

She busied herself with checking the faces of the dead. A morbidly curious task, one that was sure to haunt her dreams for the rest of her life. But, she had to make sure she knew none of the victims. If anyone of her friends or family were killed because of this monster, she wouldn't be able to rest until he was dead.
    "Oh."

Nothing more needed to be said in the end, in three words the young Saiyan had adaquately summed up the reasoning for the anger, and grief, and nausea. It was never a pleasant thing, suffering a loss. Though in a way, while the Oni felt the girl's pain and acknowledged it ... she did not quite understand. After all, she was- besides Nunlil- the only one of her kind that she knew. Would the death of another Oni give rise to the same suffering ?

Later.

Picking up the pace, the golden-eyed Oni closed the distance between herself, Sarada, and the Saiyan Graveyard. Yet even as her mind was focused on the matters ahead, and of offering what she could to ease Sarada's pain there was a dim acknowledgement of something. In the end- in that far off future- Ishtar had died in a battle with Jagam and while she had not at the time understood how such had come about; this was ...

Is this how such an end came to be ?

Thank Kami. They were strangers. Her loved ones had been spared for the time being. What was more, she sensed that there were survivors in one of the buildings.

Without wasting time, she hurried to the wreckage and started to toss pieces of debris out of the way. She moved quickly to prevent the entire rubble from collapsing on them.

The new woman, Neva-something or another, was also there. She seemed to be checking the scouters on the dead Saiyans. For what? They were dead, and she was sure the woman had the ability to sense ki.

Sarada growled angrily. "Hey! What the hell are you wasting time for?! There are people down here that need to be rescued!!"

She growled again and went back to digging out her trapped brethren. "I'm going to get them out," she mumbled to herself. "I'm going to save them."
    Ishtar arrived about this time, choosing to close cheat around the mountain by passing through in a bolt of lightning.

And it was already a grisly sight. Destroyed pod things, hundreds of freshly burnt corpses and desolation as far as could be seen of the former compound. Nevanlinna had beaten the Oni here as well- and was busy with searching out one of those power level scanners- whereas Sarada was in a near panic, tearing through the rubble with a single-minded abandon the Oni knew rather well.

Stepping over towards the girl, Ishtar reached out before pulling her hand away, instead opting to assist in clearing the rubble. Words would hardly do now; and really ... the Oni wasn't sure if even the constant flow of comfort and support she could offer thanks to Aka Manah would help. Not with a wound this fresh.

With help, they clear out some rubble and find a bunker style door set in the bottom of the building.

Prying it open reveals twelve Saiyan children (between five and twelve years of age), and one wounded older Saiyan women guarding them. She must be old, there was actual white and grey in her short cropped hair. A wound at her side dripped a steady drop of blood, but her fierce and protective stance never changed. A knife in one hand never wavered as she stared daggers at them.

“You’ll have to go through me to get to them.”

Sarada does recognize this women. She hasn’t seen her in years, almost a decade, but she does know her.

This is her great aunt Enoki.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Survivors? It was unlike Jagam to leave any survivors. Either it was bait or he was getting sloppy.

Hopefully not the latter, though he had always taken an inordinate amount of pleasure in slaughtering saiyans slowly and painfully, so him overlooking some stragglers seemed plausible. It would behoove him, in the future, to take into account the single piece of advice she'd offered him: simply destroy the planet from orbit. It was the most efficient method for his skillset.

"Survivors? How... unexpected," said Nevanlinna, walking over to the building Meagan was near. "Can you detmine how many?"
    Ishtar eyed the survivors with an expression bordering concern, yet this seemed ... wrong somehow.

What the Oni knew of Jagam after all, was that he hated all Saiyans, it did not matter if they were elderly, or children. That they were Saiyan was enough. So for there to be survivors, and given the state of the corpses and the destruction itself- a few hours old, at most- there was a chance Jagam was still on the planet; and despite how strong Ishtar had become ... the stories were that this Saiyan Killer was far, far stronger.

When Nevanlinna asked to the number of survivors however, the golden-eyed Oni snapped out of her silent consideration, and offered up what was asked.

"Thirteen. All but one, are children."

And the one with fire in her eyes, and a hole in her side was ...

Sarada's aunt.

"Oh."

Ishtar took a step back to give her little love the space necessary to attend her aunt; and instead focused on amassing as much energy as possible from the surrounding plant life. After all, if Jagam was around, it might be prudent to bring the moon down on him.

Though in the end, it seemed such energy was unnecessary.

The Junjo had did this, no doubt the selfsame creatures that had detached the pod that landed the group here. Yet another reason why simply killing them was perhaps not nearly enough. Or at the least, a confirmation that at least one would not rest until the Junjo's world was a smouldering cinder. Realizing what that meant, then, Ishtar turned her eyes up towards the ceiling a moment before sighing heavily, as a means to clear her head and prepare for the undoubted onrush of rage that would be flowing freely from Sarada once the truth of it registered.

Once she was partway confident that it would not cripple her, the golden-eyed Oni turned her attention toward the Elder Saiyan.

"What planet are we on ? Do you have an idea as to how many were taken ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Junjo?

Sarada bared her teeth and let out a furious growl. "Those fuckers. They kidnapped me and the rest with me and stole our energy. They planned on selling us into slavery, but when we escaped and killed a few of theirs, they tossed us out like garbage. That's how we ended up here."

She couldn't believe this! It was one thing to kidnap her and drain her energy. But, to do it to Saiyans, to drain their energy and try to kill a bunch of kids.

"I'm going to get off this rock, find their slave planet, and kill every last one of those motherfuckers," she spoke in a scarily calm voice. "The Junjo will be extinct when I finish with them."

But first, the injured needed to be tended to. "Do you have a way out of here? Our ship kind of got destroyed in the landing."
    Enoki nods.

“All the pods look like they got hit, but my old GP ship should still be in the hangar.”

And Sarada and P-sta both remember that Enoki is a former Galaxy Police Officer. One of only four Saiyans to ever go that route. There are currently two on the job, Enoki retired five years ago, and the last was a while ago.

Sarada also recalls that was why Enoki left. She wasn’t liked on Vacado as she tried to overthrow the slave system there and dismantle the Meat Market.

Enoki looks at a Sarada.

“I tried to take you. When I heard you were being thrown to the Meat Market, I was on my way to Vacado to get you out. Heard you escaped on your own though. Good girl.”

She looks at Ishtar.

“Planet has no name officially. We were an unauthorized colony hiding out from Vacado. Dissidents and the like who didn’t like the system. There were only 100 of us. Judging from the pods and bodies, I’d guess they took 30 or so.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He finds a few pieces, and when absorbing them, actually comes across a stellar star chart in the broken tech.

It seems to indicate they are on what should be a colonized planet way far out. It’s just barely in the GP’s territory.

Adam also gets a boost in his energy reserves, putting him at over 1,200 PL wise now.

He also finds out a bit about the Junjo race, and where the market works was they were heading to.
    Adam takes everything it can, raw materials to cobble together any number of devices, and returns the debris to what it considers the camp site in loads. It's distracted however by reports of a battle site nearby, and survivors. But of far greater interest to the android than saiyan children, are the remains. "Saiyan space pods." Now here was something useful. Combined with the debris from the crash Adam could make a functional space craft, the combined engines of the pods should have enough intact parts between them. All it needed was a power source. Absorbing gravity, heat and light had been a good start, but it needed more. It begins creating schematics to convert Jinzi's airship to a viable FTL spacefraft.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Well, this was a mess.

Junjo.

So much trouble from such tiny critters.

"Is there anyone in need of healing?" He asks the Saiyan woman. It is not much, but it's the only thing he can do right now.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Enoki nods.

“All the pods look like they got hit, but my old GP ship should still be in the hangar.”

And Sarada and P-sta both remember that Enoki is a former Galaxy Police Officer. One of only four Saiyans to ever go that route. There are currently two on the job, Enoki retired five years ago, and the last was a while ago.

Sarada also recalls that was why Enoki left. She wasn’t liked on Vacado as she tried to overthrow the slave system there and dismantle the Meat Market.

Enoki looks at a Sarada.

“I tried to take you. When I heard you were being thrown to the Meat Market, I was on my way to Vacado to get you out. Heard you escaped on your own though. Good girl.”

She looks at Ishtar.

“Planet has no name officially. We were an unauthorized colony hiding out from Vacado. Dissidents and the like who didn’t like the system. There were only 100 of us. Judging from the pods and bodies, I’d guess they took 30 or so.”
    "Excuse me, ma'am, medical help is on the way. If we can, do you wish for us to try and rescue those taken by the Junjo?" Meagan tried to sound calm so as not to upset anyone, especially the children.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Well, this was a mess.

Junjo.

So much trouble from such tiny critters.

"Is there anyone in need of healing?" He asks the Saiyan woman. It is not much, but it's the only thing he can do right now.
    Enoki nods.

“The kids are all ok. Just me that’s injured. Thanks Namekian.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Excuse me, ma'am, medical help is on the way. If we can, do you wish for us to try and rescue those taken by the Junjo?" Meagan tried to sound calm so as not to upset anyone, especially the children.
    “Damn right I do. I won’t leave them to a date as slaves. Them or any other race.”

She looks closer at Meagan.

“Chromaki? If so then you might be interested to know they have some of your people too. Heard them talking about it before I killed the ones going for me.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Enoki nods.

Enoki looks at a Sarada.

She looks at Ishtar.

Sarada felt the calming presence that Ishtar was transmitting to her to comfort her. It was a balm, for sure. She calmed down some; getting overly angry wasn't going to do her any good right now. Vengeful rage was best left for when they finally set foot on the Junjo homeworld.

"Thank you, Ishtar," she said loudly enough for the Oni to hear. With that, she turned her attention back to her aunt.

"It wouldn't have never needed to come to that if not for your other niece. Though, you'll be happy to know that one of Maiz's boys is the king now. He abolished slavery and set the offworld slaves home a few months ago. A lot of changes have been happening over the last few years, Enoki. Good changes. You can come home now."

There's a certain pleading tone in her voice. When her aunt left Vocado years ago, Sarada was devastated. She was one of the few people who treated her like a person, not a weakling. With her gone, it was only Maiz and Avoca left. She wanted desperately for Enoki to see what their home had become in the years since she had been gone.

The news of her Galaxy Patrol ship still being functional was music to her ears. "Perfect. Let's get everyone healed up and get out of here. We can drop you off at one of the colonies if you don't want to go back home."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!