Page 532 of 782 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542582632 ... LastLast
Results 7,966 to 7,980 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Excuse me."

Not so much the voice, as the presence behind it, seemed to materialize behind Meagan like a sudden fog.

"I've been following your proposed plans for today. I'm interested in the idea of this wedding...and would like to participate in some capacity." Cthylla stepped around to address Meagan, an aura of curiosity betraying and other neutral expression. "Bonding Ceremonies between finite lifeforms are one of many experiences I'd like to observe with a closer viewpoint."
    "I see," Meagan thought on this, "Well, Earth custom, as I have been told, often involves Bridesmaids. Usually that is only for large, formal weddings, which I had not planned on this being. Still, if you wish to participate, you, along with Dash and Cyanna, can be my Bridesmaids. I do not know what Bridesmaids do, you may have to ask someone native to this planet about that. In pictures that I have seen, they are usually shown either standing in a row, looking pretty. Or they are following the bride to the place where the ceremony is to be held, like a procession. Or both."

Meagan, looking a little uncertain, "As I said, my plan was to keep this as simple as possible so as not to take up too much time. But, if that would make your experience of the event better, you are welcome to take on that role."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah pinched her nose, rubbing in slow circles even as she smiled. What a giant headache, and yet she could not help but be impressed. It was hoped for creation to eventually surpass the creator. But the means of surpassing...well, that would often lie beyond the vision of the creator.

"Time travel is a dangerous drug. Through it, one may alter what is and what has been. One may undo the striving of countless trillions, and all their fruits and consequences. I respect you and the work you do, Zurvan. But we gods should have forged time so tight as to make altering it impossible, and your role obsolete. Of course mortals, ravaged by time, wish to be its masters. That we left this path open was our failure."
    Blizzar glanced over at Asha'rah. He agreed with her to a point. Time travel was indeed dangerous and the use of it to alter history and change the past, even for the most noble of reasons should not be allowed under any circumstance...

But there was something....frightening about a god of sorts casually talking about limiting the capabilities of mortals. Blizzar was of the belief that the natural law and order of the universe was something that simply worked or could be made to work (and easier to manipulate).

The universe has plenty of problems...What else would Asha'rah change in order to keep mortals in line? And if she had the power (does she have the power?), what would prevent her from doing so should she decide to rectify her and her brethren's 'mistakes'. Luke many things today, this was far beyond Blizzar's paygrade...

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It was around this time too, that Asha'rah approached Zurvan and spoke to the failure of Gods.

How they should have, in the beginning -- hindsight being what it is -- crafted their works in such a way as to limit mortals ... Who after suffering the ravages of time and tide and... Life strove to improve their lot. And in the moment of perceiving it, the irony of Asha'rah's words stood against her ethos plain as day. Not solely for that ethos but for what it was, truly, she was saying; and in the end as the golden-eyed Oni twisted it over in her mind, again, and again, she recognized something. Perhaps something she might not have realized until far later had this not have happened ... and provided her threat to murder Chrona with the Hakai she stole not come to pass some months prior.

And that realization was that Asha'rah was a...

"Hypocrite."

Ishtar voiced somewhat conflicted, as she made her approach.

"Has that not been offered, time and again from your own tongue? All things strive ?" The question was rhetorical. After all, all who had spoken with the ruined goddess knew without qualm, that that was a phrase offered up time and again. "So what then, is this lamentation of yours. That you wish you would have bound the hand of mortal-kind so that they might not what? Perform the exact thing you champion, and strive ? ... So is there a limit to this striving of yours, then?"

The Oni stopped an arms length away and eyed the Goddess curiously, conflict falling away as she worked through it aloud; even as the understanding danced behind her golden eyes.

"Or is it that you lament that this chance to strive, and despite it all come to bend time.. was ever an option ? "

All questions to be answered at another time perhaps, and things that could perhaps be answered. Asha'rah's lament perhaps being that Time could be manipulated by those for wicked ends, and yet that did not speak to the underlying hypocrisy. No, it did not at all come close... Though that hypocrisy was a thing Ishtar was more than willing to utter, now that Asha'rah had opined on the subject of Time.

"... Do you feel similar, in regards to Hakai?"

Once more, the answer did not matter. Not now, perhaps not ever.

"Yet how could that be ?" The Oni asked herself, a thing she pondered a moment before continuing down the path. "You slaughtered your friend to strive, Asha'rah. Your friend. All so that, in your own words; it might 'aid in your rebellion'. And to 'ascend beyond what any God of Creation or Angel was intended to be' ... and for what ? To fight a battle, you knew you would lose. Simply to prove you were justified ? ... and how many did that cost ? What has become of the Universe, as a result of learning you could obtain Hakai by stripping it from another?" Ishtar allowed those questions hang in the air for a moment, before continuing on to her point.

"So for you to stand here and tell Zurvan that you regret that something that one might use — Time itself — to "undo the striving of countless trillions" is being used for such, and wish it had been created differently ? It is nothing short of blatant hypocrisy. After all, despite disagreeing with this Doctor, this Alternate Jinzi, in his quest to rewrite time... all he is doing now, is what you did one-hundred thousand years ago. Striving, to make things right as he sees — and as you saw — fit."

The Oni resisted the urge to turn away... at least for the moment.

"And... before you start. That your cause was proven proper in the end, is not some ... saving grace. Though perhaps, in a way that you did not intend... it is justification that the balance you perverted, when you killed Indar'en, is in dire need of reinstatement." It was then, the Oni turned and walked off, away from Asha'rah the Fallen, to prepare for the wedding ... though not without a parting jab.

"And it is a shame that you prevented that from coming to pass, by proving to the Multiverse that the balance you created was flawed from the start."
    But not beyond the Oni's apparently. Blizzar was admittedly lost during much of her rebuttal to Asha'rah. Terms such as Hakai were lost upon him and this idea of standing in the general vicinity of a being involved in the creation of the universe who tried to cause a rebellion in the heavens was completely mind boggling, but...he understood the gist of Ishtar's sleech. The reason for her anger.

And her comparison of Asha'rah to the Doctor did nothing to dissuade his fears. The Arcosian stood silent and awaited the divine being's response, his weariness invisible as he leaned back and relaxed on a wall of the Lookout.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It was around this time too, that Asha'rah approached Zurvan and spoke to the failure of Gods.

How they should have, in the beginning -- hindsight being what it is -- crafted their works in such a way as to limit mortals ... Who after suffering the ravages of time and tide and... Life strove to improve their lot. And in the moment of perceiving it, the irony of Asha'rah's words stood against her ethos plain as day. Not solely for that ethos but for what it was, truly, she was saying; and in the end as the golden-eyed Oni twisted it over in her mind, again, and again, she recognized something. Perhaps something she might not have realized until far later had this not have happened ... and provided her threat to murder Chrona with the Hakai she stole not come to pass some months prior.

And that realization was that Asha'rah was a...

"Hypocrite."

Ishtar voiced somewhat conflicted, as she made her approach.

"Has that not been offered, time and again from your own tongue? All things strive ?" The question was rhetorical. After all, all who had spoken with the ruined goddess knew without qualm, that that was a phrase offered up time and again. "So what then, is this lamentation of yours. That you wish you would have bound the hand of mortal-kind so that they might not what? Perform the exact thing you champion, and strive ? ... So is there a limit to this striving of yours, then?"

The Oni stopped an arms length away and eyed the Goddess curiously, conflict falling away as she worked through it aloud; even as the understanding danced behind her golden eyes.

"Or is it that you lament that this chance to strive, and despite it all come to bend time.. was ever an option ? "

All questions to be answered at another time perhaps, and things that could perhaps be answered. Asha'rah's lament perhaps being that Time could be manipulated by those for wicked ends, and yet that did not speak to the underlying hypocrisy. No, it did not at all come close... Though that hypocrisy was a thing Ishtar was more than willing to utter, now that Asha'rah had opined on the subject of Time.

"... Do you feel similar, in regards to Hakai?"

Once more, the answer did not matter. Not now, perhaps not ever.

"Yet how could that be ?" The Oni asked herself, a thing she pondered a moment before continuing down the path. "You slaughtered your friend to strive, Asha'rah. Your friend. All so that, in your own words; it might 'aid in your rebellion'. And to 'ascend beyond what any God of Creation or Angel was intended to be' ... and for what ? To fight a battle, you knew you would lose. Simply to prove you were justified ? ... and how many did that cost ? What has become of the Universe, as a result of learning you could obtain Hakai by stripping it from another?" Ishtar allowed those questions hang in the air for a moment, before continuing on to her point.

"So for you to stand here and tell Zurvan that you regret that something that one might use — Time itself — to "undo the striving of countless trillions" is being used for such, and wish it had been created differently ? It is nothing short of blatant hypocrisy. After all, despite disagreeing with this Doctor, this Alternate Jinzi, in his quest to rewrite time... all he is doing now, is what you did one-hundred thousand years ago. Striving, to make things right as he sees — and as you saw — fit."

The Oni resisted the urge to turn away... at least for the moment.

"And... before you start. That your cause was proven proper in the end, is not some ... saving grace. Though perhaps, in a way that you did not intend... it is justification that the balance you perverted, when you killed Indar'en, is in dire need of reinstatement." It was then, the Oni turned and walked off, away from Asha'rah the Fallen, to prepare for the wedding ... though not without a parting jab.

"And it is a shame that you prevented that from coming to pass, by proving to the Multiverse that the balance you created was flawed from the start."
    "Hypocrite." Ishtar said. The word should have stung, coming from one as dear as her. And in truth, perhaps it did. But whatever pain her insult caused was washed over by more positive emotions. As ancient as Ishtar was to mortals, she was still so young. But here she was, taking her first faltering steps towards godhood, challenging Asha'rah's own vision of Creation with her own Truth. So it was that Asha'rah turned to Ishtar with exhilaration and pride beaming from her features, even as she prepared to meet Ishtar on the field of battle.

Only then did she realize Ishtar was walking away immediately after engaging. The oni sought only to impart, not to grow through the challenge. What a pity. She had never known Ishtar to be self-congratulatory before. Was Ishtar afraid of what she might hear? Again, that seemed out of character for one so devoted to the truth of things. Did Ishtar think so little of their relationship that she was willing to simply launch such an attack and walk away upon a spur of the moment revelation? Again, contradictory to years of evidence otherwise. But people did not always make sense moment to moment. Gods were no exception, why would Ishtar be? Perhaps what the Oni needed was time. Heh.

"Should you wish to stand as well as deliver, you can seek me out."

If Ishtar did not seek to listen, Asha'rah would not chase after her in attempt to force the issue. It was her choice to make and, however poorly Asha'rah thought of the choice, engaging an unwilling partner would only be for self-satisfaction.

Sarada swung wildly, but only connected with the air. Yet in effort to hit she swung a little too wide and left herself open...and a shimmer ducking in under her swung took advantage, catching the Saiyan with a tackle that floored her under an invisible weight.

"Sa~Ra~Da." A familiar voice sounded out and the air shimmered a moment before revealing the speaker.

"Of all the things this one does, peeking over your shoulder is the least perverted." Erosa pinned the saiyan to the ground with her chest. "Besides....I'm a ghost, and that's what ghosts go ~Ero."

With a wink she did a handstand, pecked the saiyan on the forehead with her lips and did a full on forward flip to land among the group. "Hey everybody! Long time no Ero~!"
    Eons beyond counting had blessed Asha'rah with patience. Her formative years as a monk had instilled her with self-restraint. Yet it was all Asha'rah could do to restrain herself while Erosa had her fun with Sarada. The moment Erosa flipped and dismounted, Asha'rah swept her off her feet and kissed her, lips seeking out love she had so very nearly lost. When the kiss ended, she pulled Erosa into a hug.

"I thought I'd lost you."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jinzi smiles at the sight of his friends and allies gathering. With a request to Zaofan to cater as quickly as possible, he awaited Held’s arrival. Adam has already come and was patiently waiting, observing his surroundings.

Eva was dressed in her best ceremonial garb, Kai too, and the duo would officiate once all were gathered.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Oh, it was Zaofan who definitely seemed just as excitable as always, although he wasn't sure what the chef meant with his comment of "natural color". Upon hearing that confirmation about the soup, he broke out in a grin.

"So that was your soup! Dude, that was something else."
    Zaofan slaps him on the back. "Thank you, thank you! It was actually an alien recipe I found when we were all traveling through space. And the ingredients -- HOOO, boy, was that a doozy to get. But the soup is meant for humans, and I can already feel its effects on you, man. Glad to have you with us, but I had to make sure that I only give it out to the most trustworthy of us."

Sarada swung wildly, but only connected with the air. Yet in effort to hit she swung a little too wide and left herself open...and a shimmer ducking in under her swung took advantage, catching the Saiyan with a tackle that floored her under an invisible weight.

"Sa~Ra~Da." A familiar voice sounded out and the air shimmered a moment before revealing the speaker.

"Of all the things this one does, peeking over your shoulder is the least perverted." Erosa pinned the saiyan to the ground with her chest. "Besides....I'm a ghost, and that's what ghosts go ~Ero."

With a wink she did a handstand, pecked the saiyan on the forehead with her lips and did a full on forward flip to land among the group. "Hey everybody! Long time no Ero~!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Eons beyond counting had blessed Asha'rah with patience. Her formative years as a monk had instilled her with self-restraint. Yet it was all Asha'rah could do to restrain herself while Erosa had her fun with Sarada. The moment Erosa flipped and dismounted, Asha'rah swept her off her feet and kissed her, lips seeking out love she had so very nearly lost. When the kiss ended, she pulled Erosa into a hug.

"I thought I'd lost you."
    Completely caught up in the moment, Zaofan inadvertently uses the Zanzoken, leaving an afterimage by Charco while he materializes around Asha'rah and Erosa, wrapping them both in his wingspan. "Erosa! You're back! YOU'RE BACK! Oh I've missed you, my friend!"

Barely able to contain himself between both the upcoming wedding and the return of his proverbial little sister, he begins to tear up in joy. "Everything you've went through! I knew we had to hold out hope!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi smiles at the sight of his friends and allies gathering. With a request to Zaofan to cater as quickly as possible, he awaited Held’s arrival. Adam has already come and was patiently waiting, observing his surroundings.

Eva was dressed in her best ceremonial garb, Kai too, and the duo would officiate once all were gathered.
    Zaofan vanishes again and reappears soon later, wearing an apron but panting, sweating, hands on knees bent-over. He reaches into his tunic's internal pocket and throws out a capsule

*POF!*

Every ounce of superspeed, every bit of precision, every inch of attention, poured forth from the capsule, courtesy of the groceries from Capital City that Zaofan had brought earlier in the day.

Zaofan wipes off his brow with the apron. "There you go... Mister Panta-loon. This is ... the best ... I could do... without cooking ... or baking... anything.... I hope you ... like finger... foooods..."

Inhaling another gulf of air stablizes his speech. "Champagne and wine... from the stocks.... And no kava water this time!"

He then manages to stand up to full dignity, tugs down on his tunic to straighten it out, and comes to attention. "But Mister Pantaloon... Meagan... please know, it is my honor."

Meagan excused herself, then went into the building. When she came out, she was wearing this

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada was disappointed that Asha'rah didn't give much of a response. Even if Ishtar turned and walked away, an effectual mic drop, that didn't mean Asha'rah was absolved from giving a counterpoint. When her character was called into question, especially with people there in full view, she needed to say more than 'Should you wish to stand as well as deliver, you can seek me out.'

She supposed the goddess wanted to defend herself in private. Perhaps her reason for wanting so was beyond Sarada's meager understanding. All she knew was that if someone called her something she felt she was not, she would offer a retort, whether it was to their face or the retreating back.

She gave Asha'rah a curious glance, then left to get changed.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada and Parsley noticed that Meagan was wearing a simple white dress, so that gave them a clue as to what they should wear as the Witnesses. It'd be a dick move to upstage her by looking better than she did, so they decided to keep it simple. Parlsey had nothing on but the rights she wore under her armor, which were tattered from constant battles.

Luckily, Sarada had her covered. She still had a wardrobe full of clothes stashed away in a capsule. Popping it out, Sarada quickly decided on a nice green dress that was similar but a bit more formal than the green dress she wore on Chroma so long ago.

Parsley quickly realized that all the clothes Sarada had were too big in the bust and hips. The lamentations of having a lean physique.

Then, after minutes of hopeless searching, she found something that was, not to her liking, but actually fit.

She sighed and put it on. "I look ridiculous."

"Yeah, but wearing dresses is fun."

"If you're a child." As if to emphasis her point, Parsley glanced at Rutaba, who was having fun looking at her white sun dress in the mirror.

"Alright, let's get this over with." The smell of Zaofan's cooking had their stomachs roaring with anticipation.

Sarada was first out, followed by Parsley. "You look great, Meagan," the former complimented while the latter simply nodded.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan vanishes again and reappears soon later, wearing an apron but panting, sweating, hands on knees bent-over. He reaches into his tunic's internal pocket and throws out a capsule

*POF!*

Every ounce of superspeed, every bit of precision, every inch of attention, poured forth from the capsule, courtesy of the groceries from Capital City that Zaofan had brought earlier in the day.

Zaofan wipes off his brow with the apron. "There you go... Mister Panta-loon. This is ... the best ... I could do... without cooking ... or baking... anything.... I hope you ... like finger... foooods..."

Inhaling another gulf of air stablizes his speech. "Champagne and wine... from the stocks.... And no kava water this time!"

He then manages to stand up to full dignity, tugs down on his tunic to straighten it out, and comes to attention. "But Mister Pantaloon... Meagan... please know, it is my honor."
    Khan shows up saying " so looks I made it just in time ." " I saw Zaofan buy a lots of groceries at Capital City earlier today and figure something had to be up." " so I quickly came here after I had to make a important announcement for the World Shogi association ."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-12-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

While everyone was talking and prepareing, Dash and Cyanna managed to get their hands on a set of matching dresses. Meagan had spoke with them about being Bridesmaid, so they wanted to look the part. Cyanna looked great, Dash seemed a bit uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada and Parsley noticed that Meagan was wearing a simple white dress, so that gave them a clue as to what they should wear as the Witnesses. It'd be a dick move to upstage her by looking better than she did, so they decided to keep it simple. Parlsey had nothing on but the rights she wore under her armor, which were tattered from constant battles.

Luckily, Sarada had her covered. She still had a wardrobe full of clothes stashed away in a capsule. Popping it out, Sarada quickly decided on a nice green dress that was similar but a bit more formal than the green dress she wore on Chroma so long ago.

Parsley quickly realized that all the clothes Sarada had were too big in the bust and hips. The lamentations of having a lean physique.

Then, after minutes of hopeless searching, she found something that was, not to her liking, but actually fit.

She sighed and put it on. "I look ridiculous."

"Yeah, but wearing dresses is fun."

"If you're a child." As if to emphasis her point, Parsley glanced at Rutaba, who was having fun looking at her white sun dress in the mirror.

"Alright, let's get this over with." The smell of Zaofan's cooking had their stomachs roaring with anticipation.

Sarada was first out, followed by Parsley. "You look great, Meagan," the former complimented while the latter simply nodded.
    "As do you." Meagan sounded a little nervous, "I hadn't imagined that this would turn into a big affair. Though I am glad to have my friends here."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    While everyone was talking and prepareing, Dash and Cyanna managed to get their hands on a set of matching dresses. Meagan had spoke with them about being Bridesmaid, so they wanted to look the part. Cyanna looked great, Dash seemed a bit uncomfortable.

Praxat walks to Dash and Cyanna saying " nice dresses you two oh and do you two want to go clothing and gift shop with me, Qaztoh and Althena real quick ?"

" I need to pick up a gift for Megan and Jinzi real quick. " also I need to buy Althena here a nice dress, and my self a dress as well." I would like you two to help me pick out a dresses for myself , Qaztoh and Althena." "wait is Master Khan why are you here ?"

" you don't really need to be here." Khan replies to this saying " for the food of course." " by the way can I go clothing shopping with you and the girls ?" " I can pick up a lovely outfit for that statuesque stunner Toadian over there heh."

Praxat replies to this saying " like hell I'm going to let you go clothing shopping with me you dirty old man!" " I know exactly what you're thinking you have the sleazy look on your face." " so I know exactly what outfit you have in mind for Althena and it's mostly likely a skimpy bikini."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat walks to Dash and Cyanna saying " nice dresses you two oh and do you two want to go clothing and gift shop with me, Qaztoh and Althena real quick ?"

" I need to pick up a gift for Megan and Jinzi real quick. " also I need to buy Althena here a nice dress, and my self a dress as well." I would like you two to help me pick out a dresses for myself , Qaztoh and Althena." "wait is Master Khan why are you here ?"

" you don't really need to be here." Khan replies to this saying " for the food of course." " by the way can I go clothing shopping with you and the girls ?" " I can pick up a lovely outfit for that statuesque stunner Toadian over there heh."

Praxat replies to this saying " like hell I'm going to let you go clothing shopping with me you dirty old man!" " I know exactly what you're thinking you have the sleazy look on your face." " so I know exactly what outfit you have in mind for Althena and it's mostly likely a skimpy bikini."
    Cyanna plays with her dress, as she smiles at the compliment, "Thanks. Dash had these packed away, I had almost forgotten about them."

Dash joins in, "Best you go quick, as soon as Jinzi and Lady Eva are ready ah gather that this will start. You had better hurry right quick."