Page 535 of 782 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535536537538539545585635 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “My wealth, my technology, my mind, none of it means remotely to me what you do, Meagan. I would lose it all a thousand times over if it meant I could be with you. I pledge myself to you, heart and home and hearth, for eternity. I am yours, and you are mine.”
    She smiled, then kissed him again.

As she did, Dash began clapping and cheering, leading others gathered to do the same.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Huh," Sarada grunted once it seemed the entire thing was over. "Guess that's it." She smiled and gave Meagan and Jinzi - life-mates - a fond glance.

This wedding thing really wasn't that different from a pairing ceremony. There wasn't much to it other than a speech and a kiss. Replace kiss with partaking of each other's blood and it was exactly the same.

"Congratulations, guys. I wish you both nothing but endless happiness and powerful children."

Parsley was silent. When the bond was sealed she turned away and started to walk away. "Congratulations," she said loudly enough for them hear.

It wasn't that she didn't appreciate how happy this moment was suppose to be; she did. But, with everyone having someone there that they loved, it was hard to be around that. Not when her love was a thousand worlds away.

The sooner the chaff was gone, the sooner she could rectify that, and see the woman who made her strive to change herself for the better, even before she realized how far gone she was.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "...Errrrrrro....." Erosa let out a sound akin to a cat purr as Asha'rah held her close. ".......Don't be silly. I can't die....I've got too much to do. Foods to eat, People to beat up.....and most important of all.....a silly goddess who I don't wanna see sad."

"Gao! Cookman!" Erosa reached over and pulled the man into a literally headlock. "C'mere you! Hehehehe....Your damn right I went through a lot.....can you imagine, no MOUTH forever! I'm so hungry right now I could eat two or three whole Cookman feasts in a row.....so you better get on that." The Id gave him a pat on then head and then smiled. "Hehe.....I kid, maybe just one feast later.......Oh...I was gonna ask since I'm a bit late."

Erosa pointed over to the other Zaofan. "....is he your evil brother or something?"
    "He's... something, alright," Zaofan mutters to Erosa. "He's from another universe but something about him seems off. But with you here, I feel better. Much better. Like someone here has my back."

He then pulls Erosa by the shoulder for a side-hug. He then offers a warm smile of reassurance. "Welcome back, my friend! Though, that reminds me. I have a gift for you."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    OOC: Catching up.

Having heard the exchange and felt the silent power play this stranger made, at the sound of this alternate Zaofan's recanting and begrudgeing cooperation, Ochazuke simply made a gentle turn of his head as if to narrowly dodge the slowest pitch in the world.

What a dreadful power you have, and how shall it serve you, Sheriff? he thought to himself. A mighty one, brought to heel on a whim, a cowed impulse. Call Zaofan a fool, all this soujourn cost you was everything you hold dear.

If this traveler had any disagreements with the Doctor, it seemed he was taking the path of least resistance. Cold-blooded murder was for a moment stalled by a ransom of pity. Yet for all the hidden strength this one had to bear, he turned it against those who had no quarrel. A man of the law thought it would be easier to prey on those who he thought could not fight back than to stand firm by his words.

Your name is all that is akin to that man I would call brother. There is none of the matter or spirit.

The CLOWT metal became an important piece of exchange between this broken fool and their inventor. At the mention of the Atmospheric Chaff itself, Ochazuke raised an eyebrow.

Ochazuke looked at Meagan, then to Jinzi, followed by Sheriff Zaofan, whose reddened eye seemed to stare a one-way track towards his target, unflinching.

Immediately, he understood why the Chromakai had made her announcement so suddenly. Possibly it was a silent realization between warriors, yet it remained a fact that seemed to pass over the incumbent bridegroom, so taken in his current examination.

"...you realize that you're living on borrowed time, Pantaloon," he said gravely. "Don't waste it."

Producing an unmarked metal capsule, Ochazuke stood between the Crimson Eye and his target.

"We know the suspension above the Earth keeps us locked in, and allows travelers like this one and the others to slip through to a fixed destination," he said. "It so happens, I managed to neutralize and collect some of this medium."

He handed it over to him then.

"If this loop is closed, I suppose you must find a way to open it again," he said, then turned to face the Alternate Zaofan, "If you have more to offer than threats and insults, Sheriff, I suggest you bring it to bear. For the longer your eye is off the Doctor..."

Then he shook his head, and said no more.
    Zaofan maintains his eye on Alt-Z, as always with focus and distrust. "Ochazuke, if I may interrupt."

The chef bows slightly and uses an open hand to direct his martial brother away from the imposter. "I have something for you. A gift, you might say."

Jinzi takes Meagan’s hand, smiling, and the two walk up to Eva and Kai. Zurvan stands to the right of Eva, and Asha’rah is given the position left of Kai.

Slak has joined the group on the Lookout, having been healing people in the Geofront. Joining him was Wilhelm, who sat towards the back, observing and smiling slightly. Alt Zaofan sat next to him, two people not of this universe or timeline. Karine too, possibly (if she had been on Earth).

Midori and Shiro has also arrived, almost late, and were sitting near the back. They had been having family troubles and had been very absent, but were sparring some time to see the event. Chou too had arrived, nodding and moving to stand near a pillar. Pike and Pyrus, even Loup we’re there, the three in the back near Alt Zaofan.

And who knows if Sasheem was anywhere nearby.

Evangeline nods, looking at everyone, and begins.

“Arcosian, Saiyan, Nevadian. Oni, Id, Synthetic. Elemental, Namekian, Threshling. Human, Terran, Saurian (a nod to Rex’s spirit). Robotic, Chimeran, Kai. Chromaki, Toadian, Majin (If he’s around). Half-bloods, Nosferatu, Dopplegangers. Galaxy Police, Royalty, Guardians. Old Gods, Voidlings, New Gods. Concepts, Magicians, Warriors. Never in all of history has a gathering such as this been seen. Never in all of history has a wedding held such significance or born such witnesses. We come before all to bring this man and women together, for time and eternity. To bind them, one mind and one soul, so that all the universes and heavens may know them to be wed. That their union is blessed by all here, and woe be it to any that seek to separate or bring harm down upon them. May your love shine brighter than the sun, your union last past the stars burining out, and your souls forever be together.”
    Zaofan watches next to Etrina, arms locked, his hand on hers, as he watches the rather extraordinary gathering with a smile and jubilant eyes.

Oh Kami, when you put it that way, what a collection! And I was just a wandering traveler passing by when I first met them! Now I'm in the company of royalty and aliens and gods alike! -- I have to feed all these people? Gah! Is my spread enough? Did I make the right things? Will everybody like it? What if no one likes it? There was no time to prepare! NO TIME TO COOK! Meagan and Mister Pantaloon deserve so much better! So much more than I have to offer! And I can't meet that CHALLENGE! OH GOD PEOPLE ARE GONNA GO HUNGRY! I AM THE WORST! THE WORST HOST EVER! THE WORST CATERER EVER! THESE POOR SOULS! MAY HEAVEN HELP THEIR HUNGRY SOULS! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

A tear streams down an eye while he maintains his smile and looks deeply into Etrina's eyes.

She summons her halo, then has it break in two and shrink slightly. Each half encircles the back of their necks, forming gleaming silver torcs.

“This gift was given to me in love. Now I give it to you two in love, that it might protect you both and symbolize your unity. By my position as Guardian, and with divine blessing, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your soul mate.”

With tears gleaming, Jinzi slides the ring, a simple green and red band of fire jade on her finger, then leans in and kisses Meagan will all the love he possesses. A sealing, a promise, a bond formed.
    And that single tear swells into a river. Crying is okay. The release is much needed. Ugly crying, on the other hand...

...the Vagabond Chef collapses into a bawling mess, unable to contain himself. He attempts, somewhat clumsily and a little to enthusiastically, to the union now in front of them.

Jinzi takes Meagan’s hand, smiling, and the two walk up to Eva and Kai. Zurvan stands to the right of Eva, and Asha’rah is given the position left of Kai.

Slak has joined the group on the Lookout, having been healing people in the Geofront. Joining him was Wilhelm, who sat towards the back, observing and smiling slightly. Alt Zaofan sat next to him, two people not of this universe or timeline. Karine too, possibly (if she had been on Earth).

Midori and Shiro has also arrived, almost late, and were sitting near the back. They had been having family troubles and had been very absent, but were sparring some time to see the event. Chou too had arrived, nodding and moving to stand near a pillar. Pike and Pyrus, even Loup we’re there, the three in the back near Alt Zaofan.

“Arcosian, Saiyan, Nevadian. Oni, Id, Synthetic. Elemental, Namekian, Threshling. Human, Terran, Saurian (a nod to Rex’s spirit). Robotic, Chimeran, Kai. Chromaki, Toadian, Majin (If he’s around). Half-bloods, Nosferatu, Dopplegangers. Galaxy Police, Royalty, Guardians. Old Gods, Voidlings, New Gods. Concepts, Magicians, Warriors. Never in all of history has a gathering such as this been seen. Never in all of history has a wedding held such significance or born such witnesses. We come before all to bring this man and women together, for time and eternity. To bind them, one mind and one soul, so that all the universes and heavens may know them to be wed. That their union is blessed by all here, and woe be it to any that seek to separate or bring harm down upon them. May your love shine brighter than the sun, your union last past the stars burining out, and your souls forever be together.”

She summons her halo, then has it break in two and shrink slightly. Each half encircles the back of their necks, forming gleaming silver torcs.

“This gift was given to me in love. Now I give it to you two in love, that it might protect you both and symbolize your unity. By my position as Guardian, and with divine blessing, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your soul mate.”

With tears gleaming, Jinzi slides the ring, a simple green and red band of fire jade on her finger, then leans in and kisses Meagan will all the love he possesses. A sealing, a promise, a bond formed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    When the kiss is finished, Meagan speaks softly to him, "I pledge my heart, my soul, and all that I am to you. For now and for all eternity."
    “My wealth, my technology, my mind, none of it means remotely to me what you do, Meagan. I would lose it all a thousand times over if it meant I could be with you. I pledge myself to you, heart and home and hearth, for eternity. I am yours, and you are mine.”
    Asha'rah's orbs spun in the distance, tiny pinpricks in the sky. They created brief showers in the distance, forming rainbows to frame the wedding. Others parted the clouds overhead, allowing rays of sunshine to break through and shine upon the bride and groom. Such would be Asha'rah's gift to the newlyweds, making their wedding day literally close to a perfect day.

Jinzi, Meagan. May your path be blessed with happiness and contentment in each other, from this day till your last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

Tonight, Ishtar was going to get it.

Sarada hated and loved when she teased her. Loved it because it got her hot and bothered and ready to drag her to the nearest flat surface. She hated it because it was almost always during a time when she couldn't actually drag her to the nearest flat surface. Which, she supposed, was the entire point.

Grrr.

With Meagan standing right next to her, it was impossible to voice what she was thinking.

Ugh, the way she was biting her lip; it was doing something to her.

Though, that was the benefit of being bonded on the most intimate level possible. Ishtar could feel how aroused Sarada was at that very moment, as well as the mischievous thoughts of what was to come. In addition, she transmitted a few mental images that depicted exactly what she was going to do to her the very second they were alone.

'You're not getting away with this, you tease.'

"Hm?" Her mind was still hazy, so she barely registered what was asked of her. Something about an appropriate gift.

Oh.

"Ah... I made some alchohol for them, but it may have gone a bit overboard and made it too powerful. It felt like acid going down my throat. So, I just offered them a free trip to Ruco for a few weeks. My treat, of course." As for what Ishtar could get them, that was hard. Jinzi was rich, and there wasn't anything he couldn't buy himself. "Hm. I'd guess something they could make use of. That's what we fo on Vocado; but that mainly translates to food."
    Ishtar smirked.

She was gonna get it.

With the feelings being fed back, by Sarada coupled with the images ... the Oni had certainly struck true. Her Saiyan was well and truly hot and bothered, and as she was now -- standing beside Meagan in a place of honor -- there was little she could do but grin and bear it.

Heh.

The Oni offered Sarada a knowing smile.

'I look forward to it, Little Love.'

At the mention of gifts however, the Oni fell silent as Sarada explained. And it made sense. Something they could make use of, was certainly a wise choice. Though what did one get the man who had everything ?

"I will figure it out."

She smiled, then kissed him again.

As she did, Dash began clapping and cheering, leading others gathered to do the same.
    After the vows were exchanged and the ceremony ran its course, Ishtar eyed the happy couple, and offered them a smile.

"Congratulations, you two ..."

The Oni trailed off a moment, then, to remember something from five thousand years ago ... only to blink the memory away and truth focus toward the loving duo.

"... may you spend long, happy days, in the warm embrace of the Sun."

Offering the two a bow, and a small smile, the golden-eyed Oni stepped away then and found herself over at Sarada's side. She still had no idea what to gift Jinzi, and Meagan ... perhaps Zoe thing encased in Katchin ...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

As the others were lining up to congratulate the newlyweds, Meagan's eyes went wide when she saw who was approaching.

"My dearest Meagan, you have far exceeded any expectations I could have imagined for you."

Meagan threw her arms around her Mentor, "Lady Reimi!" the tears that were barely in check from the wedding now overflowed with the unexpected arrival of her Sensei, the one who was as close to her as a mother.

The woman smiled and hugged her back, "I had to come. To wish you both a long and joyous life."

Meagan then excited turned to Jinzi, "I don't know if you two have met yet, Jinzi this is Lady Reimi Himizu." Then to Reimi, "My husband, Jinzi."

Reimi smiled at him, "Yes, we have met before, however I do not know if you still remember it." She held out her hand, "Congratulations, you will be a fine husband for my Meagan and she will be a fine wife for you. I taught her well, after all."

Meagan raised an eyebrow, then blushed slightly, smiling as she wiped the tears from her eyes.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-13-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "He's... something, alright," Zaofan mutters to Erosa. "He's from another universe but something about him seems off. But with you here, I feel better. Much better. Like someone here has my back."

He then pulls Erosa by the shoulder for a side-hug. He then offers a warm smile of reassurance. "Welcome back, my friend! Though, that reminds me. I have a gift for you."
    "Of course I have cookmans back, I bet he can't even cook at all...." Erosa patted the cook on the back, sparing only a few curious side glances at the alternate Zao. "....You got a gift for me? Well...since its now my second birthday, I can't turn down a present." The Id gave him a playful stomach punch. "So whatcha got cookman."

Zaofan watches next to Etrina, arms locked, his hand on hers, as he watches the rather extraordinary gathering with a smile and jubilant eyes.

Oh Kami, when you put it that way, what a collection! And I was just a wandering traveler passing by when I first met them! Now I'm in the company of royalty and aliens and gods alike! -- I have to feed all these people? Gah! Is my spread enough? Did I make the right things? Will everybody like it? What if no one likes it? There was no time to prepare! NO TIME TO COOK! Meagan and Mister Pantaloon deserve so much better! So much more than I have to offer! And I can't meet that CHALLENGE! OH GOD PEOPLE ARE GONNA GO HUNGRY! I AM THE WORST! THE WORST HOST EVER! THE WORST CATERER EVER! THESE POOR SOULS! MAY HEAVEN HELP THEIR HUNGRY SOULS! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

A tear streams down an eye while he maintains his smile and looks deeply into Etrina's eyes.
    "Heh....I never thought I'd get invited to a wedding. Perhaps its the company but....I think I'm enjoying it." Etrina watches the marriage ceremony run its course, and while she wasn't one to break into tears the sight filled her with a warm optimism. ".....You know......Perhaps some day I could try this too.....Zaofan?" She looked over into her eyes, a tear rolling down one.

And that single tear swells into a river. Crying is okay. The release is much needed. Ugly crying, on the other hand...

...the Vagabond Chef collapses into a bawling mess, unable to contain himself. He attempts, somewhat clumsily and a little to enthusiastically, to the union now in front of them.
    ...that quickly turned into a full blown explosion of waterworks.

The Mage, not knowing what to do, simply gave the man a comforting pat on the head....a habit she used on Erosa sometimes. "...Hmm......Its ok....But....Your doppelganger could be watching you know..."

As the others were lining up to congratulate the newlyweds, Meagan's eyes went wide when she saw who was approaching.

"My dearest Meagan, you have far exceeded any expectations I could have imagined for you."

Meagan threw her arms around her Mentor, "Lady Reimi!" the tears that were barely in check from the wedding now overflowed with the unexpected arrival of her Sensei, the one who was as close to her as a mother.

The woman smiled and hugged her back, "I had to come. To wish you both a long and joyous life."

Meagan then excited turned to Jinzi, "I don't know if you two have met yet, Jinzi this is Lady Reimi Himizu." Then to Reimi, "My husband, Jinzi."

Reimi smiled at him, "Yes, we have met before, however I do not know if you still remember it." She held out her hand, "Congratulations, you will be a fine husband for my Meagan and she will be a fine wife for you. I taught her well, after all."

Meagan raised an eyebrow, then blushed slightly, smiling as she wiped the tears from her eyes.
    "Before I forget, I have gifts for you." Reimi then produced two small boxes, handing one to Jinzi and another to Meagan. "Go on, open them."

Meagan opened her gift box, and withdrew from it a necklace with a vial attached.

When Jinzi opened his, he withdrew another vial

Reimi then explained, "Meagan, Jinzi, the potions in those vials were created to counter a magical virus. I have found that they work well against most types of life and energy draining magics. This was all I could spare, use them only if it is absolutely necessary."

Meagan gave her Mentor another hug, "Thank you, for this and for everything."
    Last edited by Tami; 12-13-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Hmph," Sarada grunted in reply. "Don't presume this means I like you." She folded her arms and looked away, though, in secret, she was glad that what she said meant so much to Erosa.

"I only came by to visit because Ishtar told me what you did to save Etrina. Good shit."
    ".........Hehe......Come'on, you don't have to lie and say you didn't miss me. Besides.....I don't want the only thing that caught your attention to be me killing myself....kinda morbid ero?" Erosa smirked, then laughed. "Hey....is that some new kind of fetish. Maybe I'm underestimating you."

time for Praxat's gift, Qaztoh's gift and Althena's gift to Megan and Jinzi

Praxat walks towards Megan and Jinzi and shows them a pair of Ruby pendants saying here I got you two these Ruby pedants as a gift." Qaztoh then walks up them the couple saying " yeah I got you two this gold statue as a gift." finally Althena walks up to Megan and Althena to show them the gift she got them which is a multi ton statue of them decorate with rubies that she sculpted herself with nothing but her bare fist and use her tongue saliva to attached the rubies. she puts the statue down in front of them saying " Megan and Jinzi with my bare fist I sculpted this statue of you two that's decorate with rubies."

" oh and I'm going to sing traditional wedding song from my home world for you two."

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

With the ceremony over and the Wedding Reception underway, Dash wandered over to to Zaofan's buffet to check out the food.

Cyanna, instead, decided to mingle. Looking for several someones who are engaged in a conversation that she could stick her nose in the middle of.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    time for Praxat's gift, Qaztoh's gift and Althena's gift to Megan and Jinzi

Praxat walks towards Megan and Jinzi and shows them a pair of Ruby pendants saying here I got you two these Ruby pedants as a gift." Qaztoh then walks up them the couple saying " yeah I got you two this gold statue as a gift." finally Althena walks up to Megan and Althena to show them the gift she got them which is a multi ton statue of them decorate with rubies that she sculpted herself with nothing but her bare fist and use her tongue saliva to attached the rubies. she puts the statue down in front of them saying " Megan and Jinzi with my bare fist I sculpted this statue of you two that's decorate with rubies."

" oh and I'm going to sing traditional wedding song from my home world for you two."

Meagan accepted the gifts, "Thank you. They are lovely."

"... and done."

With a tap of a touchscreen, Charco sent the video he had taken of the ceremony over to Jinzi. For one not skilled in anything but violence, it was the best gift he could think of for this occasion.

Slipping his phone back into his pocket, he made his way towards the others to try and mingle the best he could.

Default I wasn't there in a timely manner. But if I *was*, I'd say...

OOC: Catching up again

IC:

His piece said to the Alternate Zaofan, and his parting gift granted to Jinzi's study, Ochazuke's departure was stalled by the sudden arrival of one called Zurvan.

A fair countenance, an ageless face behind a loud manner of dress and wild hair, brought low by a twisting limp, it struck him as strange that a mortal man of no presentable power.

Then as he examined him closer, Ochazuke began to notice subtle shift in the aura about this entity. Then when he produced a Time Stone, he became aware that he was unable to comprehend the shape of what was before him only because he was looking in the wrong place.

Soon it became clear that the shape of a man was merely a courtesy.

Beneath that false-flesh veneer, there was something beyond ki,and an intersection with some other realm revealed there in the subtle body a great armoured frame, a shell fashioned to contain the diminishing spark of energy, the very same which the Aspect presented before them. Though Zurvan's consciousness was no less diminished and his tongue remained sharp, it was increasingly clear to Ochazuke that in spite of his avatar, Zurvan's armour, time itself, was somehow diminished.

It became clear then, that all of it was in flux. The Doctor's lethal scheme to slay Time itself would bleed its keeper dry.

The conversation that followed of fractured points, shifting moments transposed from one possibility to the next, however, was beyond him. There was a goal in sight, and a point to anchor their pursuit. Now knowing this Zurvan's energy, perhaps he could trace the villain's hidden path and bring to him what the Sheriff could not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "Hypocrite." Ishtar said. The word should have stung, coming from one as dear as her. And in truth, perhaps it did. But whatever pain her insult caused was washed over by more positive emotions. As ancient as Ishtar was to mortals, she was still so young. But here she was, taking her first faltering steps towards godhood, challenging Asha'rah's own vision of Creation with her own Truth. So it was that Asha'rah turned to Ishtar with exhilaration and pride beaming from her features, even as she prepared to meet Ishtar on the field of battle.

Only then did she realize Ishtar was walking away immediately after engaging. The oni sought only to impart, not to grow through the challenge. What a pity. She had never known Ishtar to be self-congratulatory before. Was Ishtar afraid of what she might hear? Again, that seemed out of character for one so devoted to the truth of things. Did Ishtar think so little of their relationship that she was willing to simply launch such an attack and walk away upon a spur of the moment revelation? Again, contradictory to years of evidence otherwise. But people did not always make sense moment to moment. Gods were no exception, why would Ishtar be? Perhaps what the Oni needed was time. Heh.

"Should you wish to stand as well as deliver, you can seek me out."

If Ishtar did not seek to listen, Asha'rah would not chase after her in attempt to force the issue. It was her choice to make and, however poorly Asha'rah thought of the choice, engaging an unwilling partner would only be for self-satisfaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar made her way from Asha'rah's presence to prepare herself for Meagan's wedding, the synthetic voice she had come to know carried after her.

And as simple as it was taunting, it caused the Oni to slow to a stop.

Stand and deliver?

For what purpose ?

The golden-eyed Oni turned the words over in her mind a moment, as she considered their intent. And in the end realized it was a simple one. To elicit a response, and perhaps force a fight in the hopes that forward progress could be made toward some oblique understanding. Though in the end, Ishtar was not at all sure that was an understanding she cared for, anymore.

That said, this ... challenge if it could be considered one, would not go unanswered. So the golden-eyed Oni turned and ... chuckled ?

"There is more important things in this moment, than hearing you offer words in defense your hypocrisy." To emphasize the point, the Oni gestured toward Jinzi, Meagan, and the others. "So please."

That said, the golden-eyed Oni turned away once more.

"Though ... do not worry, Asha'rah. I will balance that ego of yours for you, soon enough." With that, Ishtar left Asha'rah to dress herself for the wedding.
    In light of what they had to do and what was come, there was a mounting tension there between the two entities perhaps most connected to deciding the course of the universe and the fate of broken time itself. There was a disagreement there, as Asha'rah, ever given to a standoffish marvelling to all that would strive to become more than they were, lamented she did not shackle the domain of time. A conceit which burrowed its way into Ishtar in a manner more intimately, perhaps, than few other things could. The Destroyer spoke and left the sight of the Creator, who seemed to prefer to remain aloof from the worldly concerns of the Oni.

Caught in between as he walked to the inner sanctum of the Lookout, Ochazuke watched Ishtar leave and offered Asha'rah a word.

“It makes one consider, 'what concern is the ant is to the elephant,'” he echoed to Asha'rah.

“I would think one that rebelled against the Lord of all things would understand the frustration of a plea ignored, made to an engineer with no answer for his design. It is clear, however, that, this is not a case of accepting things as they are.”

With a short exhale, Ochazuke continued.

“Gods may have no need for worship as you say, but no head is starved of its reason more than a proud one that refuses examination. For you may have created this universe, but we are the ones that fight to continue living within it. Shall we strive, then, just to suffer the dismissal of one we would call a friend, and make quarrel tomorrow with today's comrades?”

Blizzar clapped with the others. A very nice, if impromptu ceremony. He could only imagine what the festivities would've been like had they more time to prepare.