Page 537 of 782 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Teleporting just outside of Sarada's unexpected embrace that threatened to suffocate her, Cyanna took in a deep breath, then smiled broadly, speaking excitedly, "Yeah, it means I have a brother. A real brother! Well, technically he's a brother-in-law, and technically he's a foster-brother-in-law, but not like the other kids in the Orphanage since Meagan and I agreed to be a real family, which makes him my brother. Oh! And maybe someday I'll be an Aunt! I've always wanted a real family, it must be great to have parents and siblings, is the Princess your only sister? I bet you must have a large family."
    "I got a little brother and cousin around here somewhere," Sarada replied. Hearing Cyanna say she always wanted a real family was a little strange. She always just assumed she considered Meagan to be her real sister, regardless of whether or not they had the same parents or not. Besides, they seemed to be about as close as she was with Pinach, so there was no need to want a real family when she already had one.

"My family isn't that large, actually. My brother and sister, and our parents, and a host of cousins. The only one that I'm really close with is Rutaba. I'm surprised to hear you say you want a real family. You already have one. Blood relation doesn't make much difference when the love is there. That's what matters in the end. I'd say you got one the moment you met Meagan."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Additionally, Zaofan's charge of faith, to hold them to account in the face of a power that corrupted immediately sunk his appetite like a stone in the pit of his stomach.

The strength to keep pace? Will it follow though, that it will be enough? His martial brother's request, asking him to do the unthinkable if it came to it, tore him within to a sordid, unspoken matter which was ever near to his mind.

He'd been unable to protect anyone.

"...then you have my thanks," he said, his expression darkening rather grimly, "and I will take it for what it is."
    None the wiser of Ochazuke's concerns, Zaofan can only smile in relief and camaraderie as Ochazuke takes the soup. "And I thank you. Everything that you and I have been through, everything that we fight for in the literal here and now... this is the least I can do for you."

With a short chuckle, he replied, "it is tragic, to be quite frank, that he'd entirely lost sight of what he fought for. Held hostage to his desperation, it seems the Doctor has played the Sheriff for a fool."

"But if he will not see it done, so it will fall to us. For now, let's keep this ceremony moving," he grunted, then paused. "What was the serving order for the dishes again?"
    "Well..." Zaofan hesitates, blushing with one hand to the back of his neck, "...Mister Pantaloon requested a rush job with the buffet. Everything you see here are just snacks and hors d'oeurves. Finger foods. Food that wouldn't need much cooking. It was the best I could do on such short notice, so... the serving order is how you feel. But I hope you do enjoy, though -- cold food is sometimes underrated!"

Meagan made the rounds, personally thanking (almost) everyone who was there whom she hadn't already spoken to. When she got to Zaofan, "Thank you for all the love you put into preparing meals for everyone, today and every time we are all gathered together. Your hard work and dedication is an inspiration to me and to many others. I am honored to call you my friend."
    Zaofan's eyes light up, swelling with happiness. "Meagan, it is my honor, now and forever. You are not just a good comrade and an excellent fighter, but you even taught me how to fly! Remember that? But Lady Evangeline's words struck me particularly true earlier -- this entire motley crew of fighters and gods and aliens and alike... in the end, we're all community, and community comes together by breaking bread. Providing that bread that brings opposites and enemies to the table will always be a point of pride for me. I just hope that my pride will serve as a gift to you and your beloved."

The joyous chef holds both of Meagan's hands. "To the bride and groom; to friends tried and true; in love and laughter happily ever after, I wish you all the joy in a world that keeps getting better and better."

He leans in to provide a quick peck to Meagan's cheek, and then lets go of her hands with a look of satisfaction, approval, and happy anticipation on his face, hopeful for the future represented by Meagan and Jinzi Pantaloon. "Go on, you crazy kids!"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    In light of what they had to do and what was come, there was a mounting tension there between the two entities perhaps most connected to deciding the course of the universe and the fate of broken time itself. There was a disagreement there, as Asha'rah, ever given to a standoffish marvelling to all that would strive to become more than they were, lamented she did not shackle the domain of time. A conceit which burrowed its way into Ishtar in a manner more intimately, perhaps, than few other things could. The Destroyer spoke and left the sight of the Creator, who seemed to prefer to remain aloof from the worldly concerns of the Oni.

Caught in between as he walked to the inner sanctum of the Lookout, Ochazuke watched Ishtar leave and offered Asha'rah a word.

“It makes one consider, 'what concern is the ant is to the elephant,'” he echoed to Asha'rah.

“I would think one that rebelled against the Lord of all things would understand the frustration of a plea ignored, made to an engineer with no answer for his design. It is clear, however, that, this is not a case of accepting things as they are.”

With a short exhale, Ochazuke continued.

“Gods may have no need for worship as you say, but no head is starved of its reason more than a proud one that refuses examination. For you may have created this universe, but we are the ones that fight to continue living within it. Shall we strive, then, just to suffer the dismissal of one we would call a friend, and make quarrel tomorrow with today's comrades?”
    Ah, trust Ochazuke to confront the awkward, to speak true where others would demur. Where Ishtar had spoken to, he spoke with. Where others were silent, he asked. Wrong though he was about the reasons for Asha'rah's silence (and Ishtar's for that matter), the important thing was that he sought to break it. Asha'rah smiled, her somewhat befouled mood lifting to a point.

"If one simply wishes to say their piece and leave, Ochazuke, I see no reason to prostrate myself for such middling purpose."

She spread her hands.

"You only needed to ask. You, all of you, are all caught up in wars of cosmic scale, of godly scale. But we gods find ourselves unable to shoulder the burden that should still have been ours to bear. There is very little information I would deny you."

A curled finger pressed to her lips for a moment as Asha'rah considered how best to start.

"Have you ever wondered Why? Why create all this? Why did we gods not simply create more gods?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I got a little brother and cousin around here somewhere," Sarada replied. Hearing Cyanna say she always wanted a real family was a little strange. She always just assumed she considered Meagan to be her real sister, regardless of whether or not they had the same parents or not. Besides, they seemed to be about as close as she was with Pinach, so there was no need to want a real family when she already had one.

"My family isn't that large, actually. My brother and sister, and our parents, and a host of cousins. The only one that I'm really close with is Rutaba. I'm surprised to hear you say you want a real family. You already have one. Blood relation doesn't make much difference when the love is there. That's what matters in the end. I'd say you got one the moment you met Meagan."
    Praxat chips saying " everyone here knows I have a large family and even though Qaztoh here isn't related to me ." " my family treated her like she was part of the family." Qaztoh replies to that saying " yeah and I'm grateful for that Praxy ." " you're family took care of me when I lost my father and my siblings."

Praxat replies to this saying " you also lost your mother too, don't forget about her." Qaztoh replies to this saying " screw her she can burn in hell!" Althena addresses everyone saying " okay I know this is most of you all's first time meeting me , but now that the wedding ceremony over is over." " I want to ask you all how did you like me singing performance ?"

Qaztoh replies to this saying " Ancestor you singing that timeless Toadian wedding song for Megan and Jinzi during the ceremony gave me idea." " we all should do karaoke!" " they do Karaoke on Earth right?" Praxat replies to this saying " yes Earth does karaoke."

Qaztoh replies to this saying " then it's settle we should all do Karaoke !" " Karaoke would be great for a party." " in fact I think I have a Karaoke machine in my Jobox ." Qaztoh takes out her Jobox and turns it on .

she then looks though a list saying " okay that's not it." " nope not it." "that's not it either." " oh here it is I know I had a Karaoke machine in here somewhere."

Qaztoh selects the music icon on the Jobox and suddenly Karaoke machine appears as if out of thin air saying " now we can all do Karaoke with this Karaoke machine, and the best part is it's completely wireless it doesn't need to be plug in." " man I forget that the Stratovarius Buccaneers got me this for my 15th birthday." " well at least since they're not here." " I won't have to listen to Captain Stratovarius butcher a classic song while drunk."

"come to think of it the Captain and his crew all act like a family and they support each other." " Captain Stratovarius never treated his crew like they were expendable ." " he treated them like they were family include me." " fair waring everyone since communications beyond earth are being block ."

"the machine won't be able to pick up alien Karaoke streams from other planets or even space stations. " "so we're stuck with just Earth Karaoke streams at the moment." Qaztoh walks over to Blizzar saying " I swear to you that the Stratovarius Buccaneers didn't steal this Karaoke machine." " at least I think they didn't."

" Captain Stratovarius told me on 2 years ago on my 15th birthday that he and his crew bought it at some store on alien planet."

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-14-2018 at 02:43 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Putting a finger to her chin in a thoughtful pose, "Yeah, I guess your right." She then gestured to Meagan briefly, "For so long it's just been us two..." her voice trailed off as she noticed a familiar face in the crowd, which made her smile, "until the Silver Lady showed up. Meagan thinks of her like family as well, like a mother, though I'd have said more like a grandmother or eccentric aunt. On Chroma, it's all about families." she then frowned slightly, "Only, the war messed that up." then became happy again, "Which means we make our own families now! The bigger the better. I'd love to meet all of your family someday. I bet they're very proud of you. So, when are you and your girlfriend getting married? Can I come?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    None the wiser of Ochazuke's concerns, Zaofan can only smile in relief and camaraderie as Ochazuke takes the soup. "And I thank you. Everything that you and I have been through, everything that we fight for in the literal here and now... this is the least I can do for you."

"Well..." Zaofan hesitates, blushing with one hand to the back of his neck, "...Mister Pantaloon requested a rush job with the buffet. Everything you see here are just snacks and hors d'oeurves. Finger foods. Food that wouldn't need much cooking. It was the best I could do on such short notice, so... the serving order is how you feel. But I hope you do enjoy, though -- cold food is sometimes underrated!"

Zaofan's eyes light up, swelling with happiness. "Meagan, it is my honor, now and forever. You are not just a good comrade and an excellent fighter, but you even taught me how to fly! Remember that? But Lady Evangeline's words struck me particularly true earlier -- this entire motley crew of fighters and gods and aliens and alike... in the end, we're all community, and community comes together by breaking bread. Providing that bread that brings opposites and enemies to the table will always be a point of pride for me. I just hope that my pride will serve as a gift to you and your beloved."

The joyous chef holds both of Meagan's hands. "To the bride and groom; to friends tried and true; in love and laughter happily ever after, I wish you all the joy in a world that keeps getting better and better."

He leans in to provide a quick peck to Meagan's cheek, and then lets go of her hands with a look of satisfaction, approval, and happy anticipation on his face, hopeful for the future represented by Meagan and Jinzi Pantaloon. "Go on, you crazy kids!"
    Meagan then moved on to speak with the next person she saw. As she did, Dash came up to Zaofan and spoke softly, "Ah need to talk to you, in private? Ah don't want Meagan and Jinzi to overhear."

Her plans changed after noticing Meagan talking to Zaofan., Dash then decided to speak with him and get his up on a little project she and Cyanna were working on.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat chips saying " everyone here knows I have a large family and even though Qaztoh here isn't related to me ." " my family treated her like she was part of the family." Qaztoh replies to that saying " yeah and I'm grateful for that Praxy ." " you're family took care of me when I lost my father and my siblings."

Praxat replies to this saying " you also lost your mother too, don't forget about her." Qaztoh replies to this saying " screw her she can burn in hell!" Althena addresses everyone saying " okay I know this is most of you all's first time meeting me , but now that the wedding ceremony over is over." " I want to ask you all how did you like me singing performance
    "Yeah, big families. So I've heard," she replied.

Putting a finger to her chin in a thoughtful pose, "Yeah, I guess your right." She then gestured to Meagan briefly, "For so long it's just been us two..." her voice trailed off as she noticed a familiar face in the crowd, which made her smile, "until the Silver Lady showed up. Meagan thinks of her like family as well, like a mother, though I'd have said more like a grandmother or eccentric aunt. On Chroma, it's all about families." she then frowned slightly, "Only, the war messed that up." then became happy again, "Which means we make our own families now! The bigger the better. I'd love to meet all of your family someday. I bet they're very proud of you. So, when are you and your girlfriend getting married? Can I come?"
    Sarada smiled at Cyanna's enthusiasm. The girl had been through so much because of the war and Nagadarr occupation, so seeing that she still had reason to be so happy about anything was encouraging. "Silver Lady?" She looked around and saw Meagan and Jinzi being handed something by a woman with silver hair. That must be who she's talking about.

"On Vocado, family... is becoming a bit more important than it had been in the past." That that conquests were a thing of the past, a harrowing history lesson to teach the young that might does not make right, Saiyans had time to focus on other things. One of those things was family. That her parents, whom she rarely saw in her younger years, were becoming a bigger part of her life made her happy. She loved Maiz dearly, but having her birth parents there by her side... it was great.

Even better than her mother had finally warmed up to Ishtar and was speaking to her in the common language, instead of just Vocadoan. That meant there would be no problems when they eventually got paired.

Speaking of... "Ah," she hemmed and hawed when that very subject was thrust on her suddenly. "Ah, well, you know. We've talked about it, but haven't set a definitive date." Though, with the scare of her coma and Meagan's insistence on getting married to Jinzi now instead of later and risk losing him to some attacker or another, she was beginning to feel that sooner rather than later was the way to go. No one knew what the future was going to hold. Even if the dragonballs were a thing, it was going to kill her if she lost Ishtar.

Obviously, they weren't going to get paired now. They had too much to worry about. When this whole thing was over...

"Sure, you can come. I wouldn't want to get pair to my love without all my friends there to see it!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Yeah, big families. So I've heard," she replied.

Sarada smiled at Cyanna's enthusiasm. The girl had been through so much because of the war and Nagadarr occupation, so seeing that she still had reason to be so happy about anything was encouraging. "Silver Lady?" She looked around and saw Meagan and Jinzi being handed something by a woman with silver hair. That must be who she's talking about.

"On Vocado, family... is becoming a bit more important than it had been in the past." That that conquests were a thing of the past, a harrowing history lesson to teach the young that might does not make right, Saiyans had time to focus on other things. One of those things was family. That her parents, whom she rarely saw in her younger years, were becoming a bigger part of her life made her happy. She loved Maiz dearly, but having her birth parents there by her side... it was great.

Even better than her mother had finally warmed up to Ishtar and was speaking to her in the common language, instead of just Vocadoan. That meant there would be no problems when they eventually got paired.

Speaking of... "Ah," she hemmed and hawed when that very subject was thrust on her suddenly. "Ah, well, you know. We've talked about it, but haven't set a definitive date." Though, with the scare of her coma and Meagan's insistence on getting married to Jinzi now instead of later and risk losing him to some attacker or another, she was beginning to feel that sooner rather than later was the way to go. No one knew what the future was going to hold. Even if the dragonballs were a thing, it was going to kill her if she lost Ishtar.

Obviously, they weren't going to get paired now. They had too much to worry about. When this whole thing was over...

"Sure, you can come. I wouldn't want to get pair to my love without all my friends there to see it!"
    She smiled brightly, then became serious, "Queen Sarada, Dash and I have a present idea for Meagan and Jinzi, but we may need help. We may need your help."

Speaking softer, but not so soft as to make it hard for Sarada to hear, "The Time Travel Mission, Meagan will want to go. Dash and I think she should stay here, with Jinzi. Dash said she would go in Meagan's place. I'll go too if I can, or stay if Meagan needs me to. But we need your help to back us up on this."

She smiled brightly, then became serious, "Queen Sarada, Dash and I have a present idea for Meagan and Jinzi, but we may need help. We may need your help."

Speaking softer, but not so soft as to make it hard for Sarada to hear, "The Time Travel Mission, Meagan will want to go. Dash and I think she should stay here, with Jinzi. Dash said she would go in Meagan's place. I'll go too if I can, or stay if Meagan needs me to. But we need your help to back us up on this."
    Meagan was planning on going to the alternate timelines? Sarada just assumed she'd stay with Jinzi to help protect him just in case another alt showed up seeking to end his life.

If she planned on going, then Sarada was going to help change her mind.

"Sure, you got me on board. What's the plan?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Meagan was planning on going to the alternate timelines? Sarada just assumed she'd stay with Jinzi to help protect him just in case another alt showed up seeking to end his life.

If she planned on going, then Sarada was going to help change her mind.

"Sure, you got me on board. What's the plan?"
    "Dash and I will talk to her. We'll let her know that you and others agree that she should stay here. If she stubbornly refuses," Cyanna smirked slightly, "On the day it begins, we lock her and Jinzi in a room together until everyone leaves."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ehehe....Thank you Zao~fan." Erosa held the soup bowl for a moment, perhaps to build up the mental resistance not to just down the bowl immediately. "I'm close enough, besides...as long as its cookman I'm sure it'll taste good." Then, Erosa lifted the bowl up and took a nice, long slurp of soup...perhaps a bit more then she had planned to take.
    "Ok ok OKAY!" Zaofan quickly but calmly places one hand softly on Erosa's forearm to motion to her to stop drinking more soup. Not that he would repeat the incident with Sasheem, but this was, after all, precious stuff. "Erosa, how do you feel inside? If you don't feel anything, I'll need the soup back. BUT!," he emphasizes with an index finger pointed to the ceiling, "... I'll make you a treat. Just for you."

Meagan then moved on to speak with the next person she saw. As she did, Dash came up to Zaofan and spoke softly, "Ah need to talk to you, in private? Ah don't want Meagan and Jinzi to overhear."

Her plans changed after noticing Meagan talking to Zaofan., Dash then decided to speak with him and get his up on a little project she and Cyanna were working on.
    Excusing himself from Etrina and Ochazuke as Meagan walks away, Zaofan nods and turns to Dash. "Alright. What's up?"

Joyous festivities, general merriment, and warm tidings were spread all throughout the Lookout, for the most part, to celebrate Meagan and Jinzi's union. ....Didn't these people have some sort of time crisis before them?

"Tch...morons..." Sasheem commented looking down at then all from the Lookout's rooftops, his ki signature undetectable thanks to the Spider's blessing.

Finishing off a platter of hamburger minis and another of sushi that he stealthily nabbed from the tables littered with food, the Majin hopped off the Lookout's roof, quietly as he and rived and soared back down through the skies below.

"Dash and I will talk to her. We'll let her know that you and others agree that she should stay here. If she stubbornly refuses," Cyanna smirked slightly, "On the day it begins, we lock her and Jinzi in a room together until everyone leaves."
    Sarada nodded along as Cyanna outlined her and Dash's plan to keep Meagan here on the Lookout. While she didn't think it would take much to convince her, but given the incredible task ahead of him, it wasn't a sure thing.

If nothing else worked, locking them in their room would. Though, Meagan was more than strong enough to break a door down.

Or was she?

"Not so sure locking her in her room will work. We'll just have to come up with a convincing argument. Shouldn't be too hard, since Jinzi's life is currently in danger."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada nodded along as Cyanna outlined her and Dash's plan to keep Meagan here on the Lookout. While she didn't think it would take much to convince her, but given the incredible task ahead of him, it wasn't a sure thing.

If nothing else worked, locking them in their room would. Though, Meagan was more than strong enough to break a door down.

Or was she?

"Not so sure locking her in her room will work. We'll just have to come up with a convincing argument. Shouldn't be too hard, since Jinzi's life is currently in danger."
    "Well, isn't there a room on the Lookout where you can be locked inside for a day and a year has gone by inside?" Cyanna, she then nodded, "That can be a last resort. My sister can be pretty stubborn when she wants to be, but she might listen to reason."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Ok ok OKAY!" Zaofan quickly but calmly places one hand softly on Erosa's forearm to motion to her to stop drinking more soup. Not that he would repeat the incident with Sasheem, but this was, after all, precious stuff. "Erosa, how do you feel inside? If you don't feel anything, I'll need the soup back. BUT!," he emphasizes with an index finger pointed to the ceiling, "... I'll make you a treat. Just for you."

Excusing himself from Etrina and Ochazuke as Meagan walks away, Zaofan nods and turns to Dash. "Alright. What's up?"
    Dash waits until Meagan is far enough away and engaged in talking to someone else before speaking to Zaofan, "Cya an' ah are gonna make Meagan stay here with Jinzi, an we need your help. See, we know she's still thinkin' of coming on the next mission, so Cya an ah decided, as a weddin' gift, to make sure she doesn't. Maybe we can talk her out of it, but if we can't we're gonna lock her an Jinzi up in a room just long enough for the rest of us to leave. But we need support. Will you back us up on this?"