Page 539 of 782 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Yes, we did. It was very lovely." Meagan smiled, then shrugged slightly, "However, I am not that familiar with this karaoke. If anyone else wishes to, that would be fine. Just remember that we still have to prepare for an upcoming mission. I did not intend for this to be an all-day event, and I'm sure that the others are anxious to get themselves ready for combat."
    "Huh, karaoke. Haven't done that in a while." Crouching down next to the machine, Charco cycled through the lists of songs until he came across one that seemed appropriate. Clearing his throat, he waited for the music to begin before he began.

"Sunny,
    Yesterday my life was filled with rain.
    Sunny,
    You smiled at me and really eased the pain.
    Now the dark days are gone, and the bright days are here.
    My sunny one shines so sincerely,
    Sunny, one so true, I love you."

In truth, Charco only knew of this song from it being sampled from one of the numerous rap songs he frequented. Whereas that song spoke about turning one's life around, the original was a simple, yet effective love song which he had come to respect the more he sang it.

"Sunny,
    Thank you for the sunshine bouquet.
    Sunny,
    Thank you for the love you brought my way.
    You gave to me your all and all,
    And now I feel ten feet tall.
    Sunny, one so true, I love you..."

This would continue for the remaining three verses before the song winded down. Placing the microphone atop the machine, Charco walked away, leaving it to whoever chose to step up to it next.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Dash and I could talk to her, but I have a feeling it might mean more if it came from you first."
    Sarada was afraid she'd say that. It only meant that Meagan's ire if something went wrong in one of the alternate timelines was going to fall on her and whoever they roped into this. "It won't be as difficult as you think, Cyanna," she replied. "Meagan's got a heroic spirit, a warrior's spirit, but she loves her mate more. Tailor your message toward that, that no one can protect Jinzi as ferociously as his mate, and she'll listen."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Huh, karaoke. Haven't done that in a while." Crouching down next to the machine, Charco cycled through the lists of songs until he came across one that seemed appropriate. Clearing his throat, he waited for the music to begin before he began.

"Sunny,
    Yesterday my life was filled with rain.
    Sunny,
    You smiled at me and really eased the pain.
    Now the dark days are gone, and the bright days are here.
    My sunny one shines so sincerely,
    Sunny, one so true, I love you."

In truth, Charco only knew of this song from it being sampled from one of the numerous rap songs he frequented. Whereas that song spoke about turning one's life around, the original was a simple, yet effective love song which he had come to respect the more he sang it.

"Sunny,
    Thank you for the sunshine bouquet.
    Sunny,
    Thank you for the love you brought my way.
    You gave to me your all and all,
    And now I feel ten feet tall.
    Sunny, one so true, I love you..."

This would continue for the remaining three verses before the song winded down. Placing the microphone atop the machine, Charco walked away, leaving it to whoever chose to step up to it next.
    As the post-ceremony festivities continued, Sarada noticed one of the frog people had some kind of box with a stick attached to it. She was curious about what it was, but if it wasn't food or something to fight, she wasn't really that interested in it.

She was about to turn her attention away from it when Charco kneeled down in front of it and fiddled with it, then started to sing.

Horrific flashbacks cycled through her head. Ones of horrible lyrics, concussion-inducing beats, and movements and sways that put her in the mind of an epilepsy-induced seizure than anything having anything remotely close to do with dancing.

Rap.

She knew that Charco had rap on his device, and that was why she opted to keep her distance from him outside of fighting just in case he decided to punish everyone by making them listen to it. But this, what he was singing now, didn't seem so bad.

"Hey!" she called out when he was finished. "What was that? Why were you singing into that stick?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    As the post-ceremony festivities continued, Sarada noticed one of the frog people had some kind of box with a stick attached to it. She was curious about what it was, but if it wasn't food or something to fight, she wasn't really that interested in it.

She was about to turn her attention away from it when Charco kneeled down in front of it and fiddled with it, then started to sing.

Horrific flashbacks cycled through her head. Ones of horrible lyrics, concussion-inducing beats, and movements and sways that put her in the mind of an epilepsy-induced seizure than anything having anything remotely close to do with dancing.

Rap.

She knew that Charco had rap on his device, and that was why she opted to keep her distance from him outside of fighting just in case he decided to punish everyone by making them listen to it. But this, what he was singing now, didn't seem so bad.

"Hey!" she called out when he was finished. "What was that? Why were you singing into that stick?"
    "It's a karaoke machine," He began, "It lets you publicly sing along with songs... for fun."

Fun was a subjective term in this situation. Depending on the skill of the singer, it was either fun to hear how good they were, or fun in laughing at how bad they were.

"It's a karaoke machine," He began, "It lets you publicly sing along with songs... for fun."

Fun was a subjective term in this situation. Depending on the skill of the singer, it was either fun to hear how good they were, or fun in laughing at how bad they were.
    Sing publicly for fun, huh?

Sarada didn't have much of a singing voice, but neither did Charco, and that didn't stop him. Today was all about having fun before putting their noses to the grind stone and training their asses off before venturing to six alternate timelines to save the universe, and indeed all of reality.

"Alright, I'm going to try. It can't be that hard."

She strode over to the karaoke machine and started to scroll through the songs. A lot of them sounded boring or stupid. She was about to give up when she found one that piqued her interests. "Ah! This one will do!"

She pressed play, then grabbed the microphone.

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
    And they're like, it's better than yours
    Damn right it's better than yours
    I can teach you, but I have to charge
    My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

"I know you want it
    The thing that makes me
    What the guys go crazy for
    They lose their minds
    The way I wind
    I think it's time

"La-la, la-la, la
    Warm it up
    La-la, la-la, la
    The boys are waiting
    La-la, la-la, la
    Warm it up
    La-la, la-la, la
    The boys are waiting

[Verse 2]
    I can see you're on it
    You want me to teach thee
    Techniques that freaks these boys
    It can't be bought
    Just know, thieves get caught
    Watch if you're smart"

As she sung, badly, she was starting to think that this song didn't have anything to do with actual milkshakes. It sounded sexual, which had nothing to do with drinking a milkshake, which she loved to do.

In fact, unless she was mistaken, it had more to do with drinking titty milk! Which, granted, would be a thing to be proud of it one could get a grown-ass adult to do it, but still.

"Oh, once you get involved
    Everyone will look this way, so
    You must maintain your charm
    Same time maintain your halo
    Just get the perfect blend
    Plus what you have within
    Then next his eyes'll squint
    Then he's picked up your scent

"La-la, la-la, la
    Warm it up
    La-la, la-la, la
    The boys are waiting
    La-la, la-la, la
    Warm it up
    La-la, la-la, la
    The boys are waiting

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
    I can teach you, but I have to charge"

When the song finished, she placed the microphone on the ground and walked away, toward Charco. "Well, that was fun," she remarked with a grin. "Is this something you humans do often?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sing publicly for fun, huh?

Sarada didn't have much of a singing voice, but neither did Charco, and that didn't stop him. Today was all about having fun before putting their noses to the grind stone and training their asses off before venturing to six alternate timelines to save the universe, and indeed all of reality.

"Alright, I'm going to try. It can't be that hard."

---

She strode over to the karaoke machine and started to scroll through the songs. A lot of them sounded boring or stupid. She was about to give up when she found one that piqued her interests. "Ah! This one will do!"

As she sung, badly, she was starting to think that this song didn't have anything to do with actual milkshakes. It sounded sexual, which had nothing to do with drinking a milkshake, which she loved to do.

In fact, unless she was mistaken, it had more to do with drinking titty milk! Which, granted, would be a thing to be proud of it one could get a grown-ass adult to do it, but still.

---

When the song finished, she placed the microphone on the ground and walked away, toward Charco. "Well, that was fun," she remarked with a grin. "Is this something you humans do often?"
    "Interesting choice..." He said, although chose to keep his opinions to himself on the matter.

Once Sarada was done and addressed him once more, he replied, "It's a past time in some regions." Although it was a fading trend nowadays, he did recall it being popular with his middle school classmates.

"Interesting choice..." He said, although chose to keep his opinions to himself on the matter.

Once Sarada was done and addressed him once more, he replied, "It's a past time in some regions." Although it was a fading trend nowadays, he did recall it being popular with his middle school classmates.
    "I thought so, too, but it isn't about the dessert at all, so I feel lied to." She shrugged and slapped him on the back. "Ah, well. It's all in good fun, right? We'll have to do this again some time."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada was afraid she'd say that. It only meant that Meagan's ire if something went wrong in one of the alternate timelines was going to fall on her and whoever they roped into this. "It won't be as difficult as you think, Cyanna," she replied. "Meagan's got a heroic spirit, a warrior's spirit, but she loves her mate more. Tailor your message toward that, that no one can protect Jinzi as ferociously as his mate, and she'll listen."
    "Okay, we'll talk to her and let her know you support the decision. Thanks." Cyanna then walked off in search Dash.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Watching and listening to the others try it out, Meagan come over to Charco, "May I give it a try?" She then picked up the microphone and chose to sing this song

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

With his response, Ochazuke showed he understood her dilemma better than most would have. Even if he never experienced death for himself, it appeared he skirted near the edge in one manner or the other. Regardless, his wisdom was simple. Which was far more effective than the copious amounts of flowery speech some such philosophers liked to dole out. It was easy enough for Parsley to understand in her raw state of being.

Rather than closing her eyes and choosing to be tormented by Appel's haunting visage, she should just keep her eyes open. Rather than dwelling on the past and its horrors, she should focus on the present and future.

It was simple.

Yet, the simplest things were often the hardest to do. Her mind, riddled with guilt over the millions of dead bodies on her conscience, wanted to dwell on the past to further punish her, even though her penance had run its course.

"I realize I should just look forward and not back, but it's hard when your mind wants to punish you for your past. I've killed hundreds of millions in just a few short years, for no reason other than the sport of it. When I died, I spent much of my time in the Otherworld agonizing over those sins. Now that I'm alive, it's more of the same, except now my guilt feeds and empowers the trauma." She shook her head and cast her gaze to the plates set between them. "Both intrinsically linked to make my life hell, and make it impossible to move forward with my life."

To settle one, she had to settle the other. The guilt, as she said, fed and empowered the desire to punish herself through intense trauma. For her to finally be free of her trammels, she needed to first settle the guilt in her heart.

Reparations belonged to the living, and forgiveness was theirs to bestow. That was what Ishtar told her yesterday. That meant making things right with the people she wronged, those that still drew breath.

Sarada.

Gangal.

She was sure there were others, but those were the main two who stood out right away. Sarada, funnily, was the easier of the two. Their sisterly bond made forgiveness easier, especially now that the truth of her role in her molestation was out in the open - well, on Vocado, anyway. Gangal, on the other hand, may have been far more difficult to cajole into forgiving her. Well worth the effort, if it meant finally freeing herself of the chains that kept her bound to that horrific lab in Turrip.

"I know what I must do," she finally said. "Seeking forgiveness from the dead is like striving after the wind. Pointless, and disappointment is all you will receive. Instead, I'll beg forgiveness from the living. Those I've wronged that still draw breath. Starting with my sister."
    Parsley spoke and Ochazuke listened.

For a long pronounced span, he simply took in her thoughts as intently as the remainder of the meal portion before him. The fish remained much as it did in life; raw, unchanged, simply as it had been arranged. Unhindered by so much as the touch of a pan or formality, this was the truer form of the substance.

"Much like the wind, though you may feel their presence lingering there at your back, seeking the forgiveness of the dead is a fruitless endeavour. They cannot hear you."

He added one more dish to the short stack between them.

"I've learned long ago that all we can do for the departed is to live on, allow them to push us forward, and do right by them where we can. Like a great many things I wish I'd learned that sooner," he said. An odd bittersweet grin pressed on his face. He took a breath in between his teeth. "Although, if we could erase regret from our lives and with it the greater part of our unease, we would fail to learn much of any continence or sympathy, wouldn't we? A savory thing can only be appreciated in full once we know the bitter."

In its absence, the two of them had seen the worst life had to offer. Ochazuke supposed that was why under the pressures wrought by this seemingly mad, unfeeling universe, both of them had become unlikely allies in kind. There was something greater worth fighting for. Something worth sacrifice and due diligence to protect. When that was taken away, it only left a bitter hollow within.

He saw it in Parsley, beyond the facade of a meaningless rank and her aloof airs. Just like a master he had known a lifetime ago, she would continue to fight because she knew nothing else. If he could speak to her then in her hour of need with what he had come to know now...

"Which brings us back to our original question. Why are you here? Now? It's because someone saw fit to give you a second chance. You've seen for yourself that the wish only works when the Dragon's will is directed by another."

The shriek of microphone feedback at the front of the hall carried a tinny echo of a voice, diverting his gaze towards the singer then.

"You might not realize this because hell if she would ever say it, but clearly, she thought your life was worth something," he said. "And it was not because you are a learned beggar."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar having nothing better to do at the moment, aside from intently listening to the duel of words being held with Asha'rah, sighed and checked the Karaoke Machine to determine if there were any obvious signs of it being stolen.
    Blizzar would find signs that it wasn't bought at store but taking from a junkyard. as small fine print on it reads discontinued schedule to be dismantle at junkyard in the Esper language with translations in another languages. the serial number on the back is fade indicated that the machine is rather very old. there's also a fade sentence on the machine that reads free for anyone who can get this busted up old machine to operate.

Qaztoh finds a song and it's death metal song. when Qaztoh starts sing her voice is raspy so she's unable to correctly do the clear vocals of the song. but as the song goes into the heavy parts Qaztoh is able to get close to them by swift the tone of her natural raspy voice so that it produces a growling effect. which makes her sound like she's being possessed by a demon.

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-15-2018 at 03:19 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Parsley spoke and Ochazuke listened.

For a long pronounced span, he simply took in her thoughts as intently as the remainder of the meal portion before him. The fish remained much as it did in life; raw, unchanged, simply as it had been arranged. Unhindered by so much as the touch of a pan or formality, this was the truer form of the substance.

"Much like the wind, though you may feel their presence lingering there at your back, seeking the forgiveness of the dead is a fruitless endeavour. They cannot hear you."

He added one more dish to the short stack between them.

"I've learned long ago that all we can do for the departed is to live on, allow them to push us forward, and do right by them where we can. Like a great many things I wish I'd learned that sooner," he said. An odd bittersweet grin pressed on his face. He took a breath in between his teeth. "Although, if we could erase regret from our lives and with it the greater part of our unease, we would fail to learn much of any continence or sympathy, wouldn't we? A savory thing can only be appreciated in full once we know the bitter."

In its absence, the two of them had seen the worst life had to offer. Ochazuke supposed that was why under the pressures wrought by this seemingly mad, unfeeling universe, both of them had become unlikely allies in kind. There was something greater worth fighting for. Something worth sacrifice and due diligence to protect. When that was taken away, it only left a bitter hollow within.

He saw it in Parsley, beyond the facade of a meaningless rank and her aloof airs. Just like a master he had known a lifetime ago, she would continue to fight because she knew nothing else. If he could speak to her then in her hour of need with what he had come to know now...

"Which brings us back to our original question. Why are you here? Now? It's because someone saw fit to give you a second chance. You've seen for yourself that the wish only works when the Dragon's will is directed by another."

The shriek of microphone feedback at the front of the hall carried a tinny echo of a voice, diverting his gaze towards the singer then.

"You might not realize this because hell if she would ever say it, but clearly, she thought your life was worth something," he said. "And it was not because you are a learned beggar."
    And just like that, albeit briefly, Parsley received a glimpse into the shrouded mist that was Ochazuke's past. It was as guarded a story as any other, one he only revealed in brief anecdotes.

"The lessons that give our lives more meaning are the ones we often learn too late," she remarked as she started on the pie he brought for she assumed them both. Blueberry. Not her favorite, but not the worst by any means.

Doing right by her slain victims could only mean doing her utmost to preserve life and the autonomy of innocent people she came across. That was the opposite of what she used to do before when conquests were still a thing. It just so happened that she had already started doing that here, with the hapless people of this world, so she was already on the right path. That was only to assuage her own guilty. The people she slayed were nothing more than clouds floating in the ethereal realm of Purgatory. Their memories had been wiped clean, their bodies cleansed, and they were made over into new lifeforms - some kind of fluffy white cloud. They no more remembered her than she recognized them from the others.

The unsavory taste of knowing she was walking in the midst of her victims, and the bitter dregs of replaying her own death in her head every day since the moment it happened, it was all to make her stronger.

"Strength from adversity. And learning to appreciate everything once you rise from nothing." A lesson worth learning.

Why am I here? As the shrill screech of her younger sister belted across the plaza, the lyrics of some asinine Earth song erupted from her powerful lungs with all the demureness of a drunken frat boy, Parsley realized again something she had been told over and over again - first by Shek'hinah, then Ishtar, and finally Ochazuke. She was here, because Sarada wanted her to be. There was little doubt she would have been wished back by the catch-all wish made by Eva only just yesterday, yet Sarada went to the guardian of this world and personally requested use of the dragonballs for the sole purpose of bringing her back. Not the Saiyans of Turrip - though there was little doubt they were also on her mind - but just her.

No matter how many times she replayed the horribly embittered words they flung at each other, insulting one another and reassuring the other of their hatred, the love and affection they once shared in the years prior to that terrible day in the Meat Market was still there. In the last few hours, that very same love and affection had been bubbling up to the surface. It wasn't spoke aloud or made manifest in some overt and obvious way. The signs were as subtle as the fading dew in the morning sun. Yet, a keen eye would notice them.

Parsley was silent as she was forced to realize the truth. Sarada loved her still, despite all she had done, and felt her life was worth dredging the dragon from its restful slumber. She turned her head away from Ochazuke, ashamed that she was growing misty eyed from such a trivial and obvious thought. "Sarada isn't one to forgive easily," she stated quietly, recalling the hardened stare her sister gained whenever that day or that man was mentioned either on the news or in general conversation. Then again, that was a grievance that warranted no forgiveness. In the end, Parsley's sins committed against her led to her rise to greatness, so perhaps they were easier to forgive than in the past.

And honestly, the contention between them since Parsley had arrived on Earth was always more about what happened in the Meat Market and not the sabotage of her training.

"If I've earned her forgiveness already, then that's one less person I need to worry about. One day, an incalculable amount to go."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Far away from Earth..............

The figure floats a few inches off the ice and tundra. Far away from civilization, it keeps a tight control over its power level so as to remain undetected. Most of his race could not inherently sense ki, but he wouldn’t take any chances.

An odd madness had pulsed through the planet, leaving some of them to act....irrationally. Fights, threats, and paranoia has reigned, and life had been lost. Only the extreme remoteness and high security level had kept the Galaxy Police from finding out anything was wrong.

Now those few seemed drawn to search something out. He had killed seven others already, and others would die before he let them claim the prize. The unending siren’s call that had infected their minds was close now. Soon, soon.....
    ————————

Two days later, searching the frozen ocean carefully, and he grinned as he held aloft his prize.

Koorimaru giggles as he slips the Amulet of Bitter Mourning around his neck, the pendant touching his flesh and pulsing. He giggles again as finally, the siren’s call was silenced. The madness ending as new thoughts and ideas fill his head. Power and agency whirled about within him, and he rises into the sky, arms out in welcome to the new dawn he would bring.

Oh how they would all know him soon.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

nothing to see here.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-15-2018 at 03:22 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Elsewhere

"Young man, let me see if I understand you correctly. You and your cousin want to... buy... my amusement park? Is that right?" asked Bill Funland, the owner and founder of Funland, one of the most popular amusement parks on the planet.

"That's right," affirmed Pinach with a nod of his head.

"But... you're children." Bill Funland sighed and removed his black rimmed glasses to rub his eyes. He had been up since five that morning and wholly unprepared for three children with monkey tails to waltz into his office and ask, nay, demand to buy his establishment.

"I'm twelve," Pinach retorted, deadpan.

"And I'm eleven," Rutaba followed, just as plainly. "The fact of the matter is this. You're old, and thus boring. You're rides pander to what you perceive kids enjoy, and that's just not the case. No child wants to ride in a stupid tea cup. We want to go on all the cool rollercoasters, and we can't do that with these ludicrous height restrictions."

Pinach nodded. "Further, your prices are too high. Under our management, the rides will be much cheaper, thus letting everyone enjoy them."

Bill Funland persisted in rubbing his eyes as the two rattled off reason after reason why the park would be better off under their ownership. And they specified ownership; they already stated at the outset that someone else would be running the park. He got the eerie suspicion that they just wanted to go on the rides for free.

When he finally opened his eyes after replacing his glasses, he found the two smirking at him, while Pinach was holding up what looked like, "Is that... a black card?"

"Yep. Hnhnhn."

Bill Funland sighed. They had the money, and he was just tired.

"YEAH! ALRIGHT!" The biggest, fastest rollercoaster in Funland Amusement Park zipped around corners and through loops. Pinach, Rutaba, and Seri sat in the first car, where the sensations and excitement were the best. And it only cost them 20M earth Zenis, to boot. A steal, considering the park was worth 10 billion zeni.

Bill Funland may have gotten hustled by two pre-teens and a seven year old.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!