Page 553 of 782 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat replies to this saying " of course I used to them they're part of my natural survival instincts and I'm not a tank like Althena ." " yeah I know I'm not supposed to use my innate abilities in this sparring match , but most of my innate abilities are necessary for my own survival . " " stuff like my senses and bodily functions such as secreting mucus to keep my skin moist are passive . " " yeah it's not like I can turn off my senses and keeping my skin moist is necessary for me to breathe."

"hey do you have my shoes with you by any chance? " " also that lake I dove in earlier I didn't take in account it's oxygen level ." " I just dove right in hoping the oxygen level was good and yeah that was a pretty cool what Dash did with the water." " I guess I seem fine and if the oxygen level in that lake was bad I would have drown."

" if you do have my shoes can you please give them to me that would be nice." " well that's if your want me to spar with my shoes off ?" " I mean I do have claws on my feet." " I promise not to use my innate abilities well the ones I can actually control ."

" I wonder what Althena is doing right now ?" " I never seen a Toadian as big or as strong as Althena before." " seeing her walk around in weighted clothing that is so heavy I couldn't possibly move around in it let alone lift it unless I use Ki." not to mention at the wedding she has casually carrying a multi ton stone boulder on one of her shoulders." " then she made a statue of you and Jinzi out of said boulder with nothing but her fist during the wedding."

"she did all that without Ki." "FYI I don't know much of what my race was like 2,000 years ago." " Althena was the first time I have ever saw ancient Toadian before." " oh I use my tongue during the spar match with Cyanna and Dash because I knew that it was a lot faster than my limbs as well as being stronger and more durable ."
    Praxat gets in a fighting stance saying " okay so I'm not allow to use any KI , and any innate abilities ." " that means no camouflage , burrowing , using my tongue , poison , inflation , fighting underwater , and in dark caves right Megan?" " well there's nothing I can do about my almost 360 degree vision and be able to see the slightest of movements that's just how my eyes are design. " " I can't remove my claws on my feet because their permanently attached to me and remove them would be quite painful."

" however I can put my shoes back on." " oh and I'll be fighting up close since I'm sure that's what you want me to do right Megan." " just straight up hand to hand combat." " now when you say not to use any innate abilities do you mean innate abilities specifically design for combat aka innate defense mechanisms or do you mean Innate abilities in general like senses , and ones who sole purpose is making sure that the body is functional?"
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-26-2018 at 05:28 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Not quite a spellbreaker, though Parsley had also learned that technique. It was still in the process of being honed to perfection.

When the staff was frozen in time, there was nothing she could do. Alas, Za Warudo! only reversed spells cast on her, not other objects. Though, that didn't mean she couldn't make Etrina pay for her experimentation. When the mage spun around her staff to kick her in the face, she indeed succeeded in doing so, coaxing a splash of blood from the Saiyan's mouth. However, Parsley grabbed her ankles when she stumbled back.

"Muda!" she yelled, activating the second phase of her Muda! technique. Etrina felt her mana, or whatever she called her magical energy, drop to critical levels. "Hehe. You magic is useless against me. Useless! Useless! USELESS! Ah, ahem."

Muda Phase II: Etrina's spell power is now 8,000 for 70 minutes.
    "......Damn....Another Spellbreaker Trick." Etrina felt her magic energy drop substantially, but even so she had her strength.....and used it to kick the hand parsley was gripping her ankle with as the lock on her staff faded. Letting the staff clatter to the floor, she roll away and re steadied herself a few feet away.

"......Hmm....Maybe I will go to purgatory if only to meet the one who taught you to be this vexing. Fine....Fine.....I see how this is going to work." Etrina, magic as weak as it was, still prepped some spellwork...time related from what Parsic could sniff out, but nothing immediate as it was still weaker then her usual spell power. "I suppose this is what you wanted then....to pull me out of my playing field and into yours. I say fine....Congratulations even.....That I have to resort to fisting is normally beneath me, but since your forcing my hand....lets try this another way."

The mage pooled what magic she had and formed some ice shards....well...more small balls of ice then ice shards. Bound to be more of an annoyance then anything else. Allowing them to float in close proximity, she put her fists up and beckoned the saiyan to come forward.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "......Damn....Another Spellbreaker Trick." Etrina felt her magic energy drop substantially, but even so she had her strength.....and used it to kick the hand parsley was gripping her ankle with as the lock on her staff faded. Letting the staff clatter to the floor, she roll away and re steadied herself a few feet away.

"......Hmm....Maybe I will go to purgatory if only to meet the one who taught you to be this vexing. Fine....Fine.....I see how this is going to work." Etrina, magic as weak as it was, still prepped some spellwork...time related from what Parsic could sniff out, but nothing immediate as it was still weaker then her usual spell power. "I suppose this is what you wanted then....to pull me out of my playing field and into yours. I say fine....Congratulations even.....That I have to resort to fisting is normally beneath me, but since your forcing my hand....lets try this another way."

The mage pooled what magic she had and formed some ice shards....well...more small balls of ice then ice shards. Bound to be more of an annoyance then anything else. Allowing them to float in close proximity, she put her fists up and beckoned the saiyan to come forward.
    Parsley smirked, then sighed when a rumble of raucous laughter trickled in from a distance away. "AHAHA! She said fisting!" Sarada guffawed.

Ignoring her for now, Parsley squared her focus onto her opponent. She had Etrina right where she wanted to, her magic stripped from her and forced to play her game. The predator had shifted the playing field to favor her and her alone. Even though Etrina was slightly stronger - though the gap was so small it was negligible - she reckoned that she was the better fighter, having trained in hand to hand for much of her life.

Parsley got into fighting position, but didn't advance as recklessly as she did before. Despite her magic not being as powerful, it was still there, and it wouldn't take much to tip the scales against her. She edged toward Etrina slowly.

Suddenly, her hand shot forward, firing five energy vines that weaved through the air and sought to ensnare Etrina's limbs.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley smirked, then sighed when a rumble of raucous laughter trickled in from a distance away. "AHAHA! She said fisting!" Sarada guffawed.

Ignoring her for now, Parsley squared her focus onto her opponent. She had Etrina right where she wanted to, her magic stripped from her and forced to play her game. The predator had shifted the playing field to favor her and her alone. Even though Etrina was slightly stronger - though the gap was so small it was negligible - she reckoned that she was the better fighter, having trained in hand to hand for much of her life.

Parsley got into fighting position, but didn't advance as recklessly as she did before. Despite her magic not being as powerful, it was still there, and it wouldn't take much to tip the scales against her. She edged toward Etrina slowly.

Suddenly, her hand shot forward, firing five energy vines that weaved through the air and sought to ensnare Etrina's limbs.
    As Parsley inched towards her, Etrina quickly scanned the area around her and seemed to nod to herself. Everything was in order....weakened though she may be, she still had an ace up her sleeve.

But true to her word, what was going to setting things this time were her fists. As soon as Parsleys opening attack was apparent the mage made her move, dashing forward while hiding her hands within her cloak. Though the mage was nimble in her own right, five vines was too much to hope for in avoiding.....

......not without help anyways.

No sooner did the vines converge then Parsley felt several sources of magic flare up. Smaller time lock spells were fired and dispelled in rapid succession, impeding the vines movement while Etrina races through the center of them...using her own agility where needed to get by. Her newly aquired magical sense could follow the pulse of magic back to their sources....the four foci spread around the area were running interference for her.

The mage closed the distance, a swarm of annoying ice pellets flying ahead of her to pelt the saiyan while the mage whipped out her hands...charged with what remaining temporal energy the mage could call up to increase the speed they move, and let loose with a flurry of punches.

Praxat replies to this saying " of course I used to them they're part of my natural survival instincts and I'm not a tank like Althena ." " yeah I know I'm not supposed to use my innate abilities in this sparring match , but most of my innate abilities are necessary for my own survival . " " stuff like my senses and bodily functions such as secreting mucus to keep my skin moist are passive . " " yeah it's not like I can turn off my senses and keeping my skin moist is necessary for me to breathe."

"hey do you have my shoes with you by any chance? " " also that lake I dove in earlier I didn't take in account it's oxygen level ." " I just dove right in hoping the oxygen level was good and yeah that was a pretty cool what Dash did with the water." " I guess I seem fine and if the oxygen level in that lake was bad I would have drown."

" if you do have my shoes can you please give them to me that would be nice." " well that's if your want me to spar with my shoes off ?" " I mean I do have claws on my feet." " I promise not to use my innate abilities well the ones I can actually control ."

" I wonder what Althena is doing right now ?" " I never seen a Toadian as big or as strong as Althena before." " seeing her walk around in weighted clothing that is so heavy I couldn't possibly move around in it let alone lift it unless I use Ki." not to mention at the wedding she has casually carrying a multi ton stone boulder on one of her shoulders." " then she made a statue of you and Jinzi out of said boulder with nothing but her fist during the wedding."

"she did all that without Ki." "FYI I don't know much of what my race was like 2,000 years ago." " Althena was the first time I have ever saw ancient Toadian before." " oh I use my tongue during the spar match with Cyanna and Dash because I knew that it was a lot faster than my limbs as well as being stronger and more durable ."

Praxat gets in a fighting stance saying " okay so I'm not allow to use any KI , and any innate abilities ." " that means no camouflage , burrowing , using my tongue , poison , inflation , fighting underwater , and in dark caves right Megan?" " well there's nothing I can do about my almost 360 degree vision and be able to see the slightest of movements that's just how my eyes are design. " " I can't remove my claws on my feet because their permanently attached to me and remove them would be quite painful."

" however I can put my shoes back on." " oh and I'll be fighting up close since I'm sure that's what you want me to do right Megan." " just straight up hand to hand combat." " now when you say not to use any innate abilities do you mean innate abilities specifically design for combat aka innate defense mechanisms or do you mean Innate abilities in general like senses , and ones who sole purpose is making sure that the body is functional?"
    With super-Chromakaian patience, Meagan let Praxat finish asking her questions. She then attempted to answer them as simply and as clearly as possible.

"I do not know what you did with your shoes. If have them it would be best to wear them, otherwise you can spar without them."

"The intent of this exercise is to test your physical abilities, strength, speed, reaction time. As well as your skills in hand-to-hand fighting."

"It is easy to become too dependent on innate abilities." Meagan then briefly went invisible, before reappearing a few steps closer to Praxat, "Doing so has a downside."

"To be a great warrior, you need to train your physical body as well as your mind, as well as your innate and learned skills."

"You need to push your body to it's limits and beyond, to prepare you for any combat situation."

"I wish to see how well you can fight up close. To see how strong, how fast, and how agile you are in close quarters combat."

Meagan then stepped back, "When we fight, it is your job to stay in close. If I move away, you come after me, if I move in for am attack, you block or counter. If you attack, I will do the same. We will spar until I call time out."

She then assumed an attack stance, and moved in quick to land a gut punch on her. The punch sent Praxat flying backwards and knocked some wind out of her, but not enough to keep her down. Meagan then took to the air, "Come at me."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

In the distance, Cyanna, who had just returned, was talking to Dash. They spent a few minutes discussing what Meagan wanted them to do and the parameters of the spar before they began.

Once they started, it was clearly a structured training session. Dash and Cyanna alternated in turn, one would attack while the other would defend.

Dash came after Cyanna, moving in fast and attacking just as quickly.

It was Cyana's turn to defend, she had the option to block, evade, or counter. this would continue for sometime, until hey agreed to switch.

It was then up to Cyanna to try and land a hit on Dash, while Dash either blocked, evaded, or countered.

From an outside observer, it was clear that Cyanna attacks weren't as effective as Dash's, that offense wasn't her strong suit, However Defense was and even with Dash's higher strength and speed, she did well against it.

Dash, on the other hand, had some issues with Defense, which allowed Cyanna to get in a few hits that she normally shouldn't have. Yet, her Offense was very effective.

Dash had chosen to hold back a little at first, but she kept pushing Cyanna harder as the sparing session continued.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Alt Zaofan gets up, singularly once more, and dusts his clothes off.

“Not bad. Pure speed technique, I’m actually impressed. You somehow managed to amp your speed up past your power level. I can’t do that. Must be that Ten Schools thing. If it exists on my world I ain’t found it.”

He cracks his neck.

“Crimson Taiyoken!”

A blood red flash blinds Zaofan Prime, the familiar technique a deeper red than his own.

Alt Zaofan’s powerlevel dips once more, but only to half instead of a third and then both vanish.
    "Gah!" The blinded Zaofan Prime covers his eyes in sensory pain, the stinging light rendering him unable to see. "Huh, so that's what it feels like..."

But Alt-Zaofan's admittance that he wasn't aware of or didn't have knowledge of the Ten Schools would be Zao Prime's one advantage. Zaofan scans the area with ki sense to try to locate his opponent. Without a word, he fills the area with silent ki -- the Woven Path -- to limit his opponent's movements to two dimensions as much as possible. Then, with a short burst of the Bear's Strength, he punches the ground, causing a violent earthquake in an attempt to get Alt-Zaofan disoriented and off his feet, while Zao Prime himself attempts to Zanzoken high into the air to take advantage of the flight limitation.

With the expanded ki field from the Woven Path, Zaofan attempts to feel any gaps, dips, or motion, within that very same ki field -- a ping off the ki radar to better assist his ki sense or a vibration of the ki web. One of the most important factors that Master Tao'ro used to test him and his friends.

Reimi made her way to the RoST, to see it for herself. Places like this were incredibly rare. To get a chance to rework it, the knowledge that would provide on it's construction could be invaluable.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Gah!" The blinded Zaofan Prime covers his eyes in sensory pain, the stinging light rendering him unable to see. "Huh, so that's what it feels like..."

But Alt-Zaofan's admittance that he wasn't aware of or didn't have knowledge of the Ten Schools would be Zao Prime's one advantage. Zaofan scans the area with ki sense to try to locate his opponent. Without a word, he fills the area with silent ki -- the Woven Path -- to limit his opponent's movements to two dimensions as much as possible. Then, with a short burst of the Bear's Strength, he punches the ground, causing a violent earthquake in an attempt to get Alt-Zaofan disoriented and off his feet, while Zao Prime himself attempts to Zanzoken high into the air to take advantage of the flight limitation.

With the expanded ki field from the Woven Path, Zaofan attempts to feel any gaps, dips, or motion, within that very same ki field -- a ping off the ki radar to better assist his ki sense or a vibration of the ki web. One of the most important factors that Master Tao'ro used to test him and his friends.
    Alt Zaofan is grounded, and through the web he feels him right himself. Both ki signatures start powering up.

“Off.....”

Two massive crimson pools start powering up near both Alt Zaofan’s eyes.

“My.......”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    With super-Chromakaian patience, Meagan let Praxat finish asking her questions. She then attempted to answer them as simply and as clearly as possible.

"I do not know what you did with your shoes. If have them it would be best to wear them, otherwise you can spar without them."

"The intent of this exercise is to test your physical abilities, strength, speed, reaction time. As well as your skills in hand-to-hand fighting."

"It is easy to become too dependent on innate abilities." Meagan then briefly went invisible, before reappearing a few steps closer to Praxat, "Doing so has a downside."

"To be a great warrior, you need to train your physical body as well as your mind, as well as your innate and learned skills."

"You need to push your body to it's limits and beyond, to prepare you for any combat situation."

"I wish to see how well you can fight up close. To see how strong, how fast, and how agile you are in close quarters combat."

Meagan then stepped back, "When we fight, it is your job to stay in close. If I move away, you come after me, if I move in for am attack, you block or counter. If you attack, I will do the same. We will spar until I call time out."

She then assumed an attack stance, and moved in quick to land a gut punch on her. The punch sent Praxat flying backwards and knocked some wind out of her, but not enough to keep her down. Meagan then took to the air, "Come at me."
    Praxat gets up flies into the air and rushes at Megan to get in close he throws a couple of punches at Megan but each punch seems to have delay behind them and once uses her feet during her attacks. Praxat eyes that give her almost 360 degree vision and allow her to be able to see the sightless of movement . she uses her eyes to judge when she should throw her punches. relying on them for visual cues.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Praxat gets up flies into the air and rushes at Meagan to get in close she throws a couple of punches at Meagan but each punch seems to have delay behind them and once uses her feet during her attacks.
    Praxat's attacks were slow and easily evaded. Meagan didn't even try to block as she read each punch, only doing so once to deflect the kick.

Praxat eyes that give her almost 360 degree vision and allow her to be able to see the sightless of movement . she uses her eyes to judge when she should throw her punches. relying on them for visual cues.
    As they continued, Meagan could tell that her attacks were gradually becoming more precise. Speed was still an issue, but her aim was improving.

Praxat throws a punch than nearly lands, but Meagan instead grabs her arm and flips her in a Judo move. Once distance is created, Meagan goes on the attack. Moving in fast, she strikes in rapid movements, alternating between punches and kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Praxat's attacks were slow and easily evaded. Meagan didn't even try to block as she read each punch, only doing so once to deflect the kick.

As they continued, Meagan could tell that her attacks were gradually becoming more precise. Speed was still an issue, but her aim was improving.

Praxat throws a punch than nearly lands, but Meagan instead grabs her arm and flips her in a Judo move. Once distance is created, Meagan goes on the attack. Moving in fast, she strikes in rapid movements, alternating between punches and kicks.

Praxat goes on the defensive and prepares to block but there's a slight delay in her reaction time even though she can see the sightless of Megan's movements with her eyes as Praxat thinks to her self ( okay should I block or counter next.) as Praxat is able to see things at a accelerated rate she can process visual information at a fast rate with out the use of Ki. which helps with her precision , however despite this there is obvious delay in Praxat's reaction time.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    One Zaofan ‘pops’ and the other two seem surprised by the blocked punch that did him in.

“Charco and the others? Yeah, they’re all stronger than me. If anyone can pull through it will be them.”

Crimson energy builds in both the remaining Zaofan’s eyes.
    When the clone she struck vanished in the explosion spawned of void 'matter' mixing with matter, Ishtar grinned.

At least something worked.

It also seemed like those who stood against this alternate version of herself -- Charco, Totoma, and his wife, surely -- were stronger than the Sheriff they'd come into acquaintance with, too. A thing that was curious to say the least. Mulling this over as the remaining clones began charging their eyes, Ishtar pulled more from the void within herself and offered the next closest clone an offering of several 'embers' that drifted lazily between her, and him.

"So long as you are sure. As from where I am ... floating ... it would appear that your leaving at the best of the Doctor would expose yourself to an enemy thwarted not once, but thrice."

Keeping track of them, then, the Oni shot toward the remaining clone, in a bid to prevent him from managing to charge up completely before discharging the eye beams. "Regardless, should we come across her in your ... when. A confrontation between her and I, is inevitable. So verifiable or not, is there anything else you have to offer ?"

As she engaged the remaining copy of the Sheriff, should the other charge and fire his eye beams; he would find that the 'embers' Ishtar had sent his way would detonate then, obscuring vision and otherwise blocking/deflecting the beams.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Praxat goes on the defensive and prepares to block but there's a slight delay in her reaction time even though she can see the sightless of Megan's movements with her eyes as Praxat thinks to her self ( okay should I block or counter next.) as Praxat is able to see things at a accelerated rate she can process visual information at a fast rate with out the use of Ki. which helps with her precision , however despite this there is obvious delay in Praxat's reaction time.
    The slowness of Praxat's reaction time becomes even more pronounced the more they spar. Meagan had hoped that the exercise would force her to react quicker. Something she seems to still have a problem with, even after Meagan lands several low-impact hits.

A final kick from the Guardian sends Praxat crashing to the ground. At which point, Meagan calls 'Time Out' and ends the spar, for now.

Landing next to her, "Praxat, get up, we need to talk." Then, as soon as the Toadian stands up again, "This is the same problem I saw before. You remind me of a young man I once knew. My mentor took me to a world to visit an old friend of hers. While we were there, I joined in for a dance class. We were learning the Waltz, only person I was paired up with couldn't keep up because he kept counting out the steps out loud, 'One, Two, Three' instead of simply moving to the music."

"Fighting is a lot like dancing. Once you have the steps, or forms, memorized, you can just let it flow naturally."

Meagan then cloned herself, and the two Meagans bowed to each other, before assuming the Waltz position. Then, she danced with herself briefly,

before ending it and making the clone vanish.

"Have you ever danced?"
    Last edited by Tami; 12-26-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    As Parsley inched towards her, Etrina quickly scanned the area around her and seemed to nod to herself. Everything was in order....weakened though she may be, she still had an ace up her sleeve.

But true to her word, what was going to setting things this time were her fists. As soon as Parsleys opening attack was apparent the mage made her move, dashing forward while hiding her hands within her cloak. Though the mage was nimble in her own right, five vines was too much to hope for in avoiding.....

......not without help anyways.

No sooner did the vines converge then Parsley felt several sources of magic flare up. Smaller time lock spells were fired and dispelled in rapid succession, impeding the vines movement while Etrina races through the center of them...using her own agility where needed to get by. Her newly aquired magical sense could follow the pulse of magic back to their sources....the four foci spread around the area were running interference for her.

The mage closed the distance, a swarm of annoying ice pellets flying ahead of her to pelt the saiyan while the mage whipped out her hands...charged with what remaining temporal energy the mage could call up to increase the speed they move, and let loose with a flurry of punches.
    Hm. How curious. Parsley sensed not just Etrina's significantly diminished magical signature, but also that of several others. Clearly, it was some sort of trick; perhaps those little foci of hers. Though, she was certain the BluEtrina wouldn't betray her, or else.

Thus, it must have been something else.

She had no time to sit and try to determine the sources, or source, as Etrina was barreling toward her. Parsley threw her arms out in front of her to block the sped up ice shards, then dashed to meet the incoming mage head-on.

"Show me your moves!" she laughed as they exchanged furious flurries of punches and kicks. Parsley's extensive hand-to-hand training was made clearly and plainly evident. She blocked where necessary, and otherwise parried blows to open opportunities to offer punishing counterattacks.

As she attacked, she traced the source of those signatures. It was the Foci!

Oh, the blue one was going to pay for that.

But first, she was going to make them watch her beat their mistress into a pulp. To begin, she suddenly grabbed each of her arms by the wrists and tried to bring Etrina's chin down into her rapidly rising knee.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!