Page 57 of 782 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Just before Ochazuke launches his attack, a hidden hangar opens and an older model GP ship roars into life, shooting out into the sky under Adam’s control.

The hidden stealthed bunkers open up fire at it, revealing themselves even as Ochazuke strikes.

Of the five he spotted and targets, he takes out one in a small explosion. The other four ignore the ship and swivel towards him, their cloaking gone. Before the lot of you are four turrets manned by Junjo basic automatons, spread out from each other by at least two hundred feet. They begin opening fire.

Meanwhile, Adam lands the ship down before losing control, no longer able to sustain the remote connection.
    Once the ship is grounded Adam immediately resumes it's normal form. "Leave this bunker intact!" It charges one of them, weaving back and forth to jink incoming fire.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Just before Ochazuke launches his attack, a hidden hangar opens and an older model GP ship roars into life, shooting out into the sky under Adam’s control.

The hidden stealthed bunkers open up fire at it, revealing themselves even as Ochazuke strikes.

Of the five he spotted and targets, he takes out one in a small explosion. The other four ignore the ship and swivel towards him, their cloaking gone. Before the lot of you are four turrets manned by Junjo basic automatons, spread out from each other by at least two hundred feet. They begin opening fire.

Meanwhile, Adam lands the ship down before losing control, no longer able to sustain the remote connection.
    Midori scowled, drawing her sword and charging their attackers, beams erupting from her eyes at them as she moved in a zigzag pattern to avoid being shot. As she charged in, she noticed Shiro coming from a different direction, her spear gripped in one hand as she rapidly fired beams from the index finger on her other hand.

She'd have to ask her sister where she was after this attack was repelled.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Incredible Member

With the kids protected by Meagan, and the rest blasting away at the automatons, Chuan flitted around, light on his feet as usual.

The others had the fight well in hand, and his techniques still weren't up to the task of facing purely mechanical opponents. As such, he made sure his friends had their energy reserves topped off, his finger-taps to their pressure points feather light as he passed by. The only one he couldn't get to in time was Meagan, who he couldn't see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Zaofan offered his condolences, and took up the task of burying the dead himself. Eventually, Midori joined him. Together, they could likely get it done, but Sarada couldn't let them do it on their own. She owed it to the fallen to offer them peace as they finally took their last rest. She wasn't sure how these Saiyans felt about combat. If they were anything like Enoki, they didn't have the compulsive need to fight to quell their restless spirits. Still, it would to offer them one final word.

Slowly, Sarada walked over to Zaofan and Midori and joined them in burying the dead. Whenever she lowered one into their grave and covered them with dirt, she whispered a short phrase in Vocadoan: "Peace be with you, brother/sister."

It was the least she could do.
    As a God, Asha'rah could not allow herself to become too imbalanced by any single death, or even group of deaths, however cruel or needless. All creatures of the universe had freedom in its rawest, most basic form. With freedom came the freedom to fail, to do evil, to wreak upon innocent children and cast the survivors in chains. She had to give her creations room to grow as a whole, without the constant yoke of godly decrees weighing them down every time they did something she considered beyond the pale. Only threats beyond a certain scale, fulfilling certain conditions, warranted divine intervention. That, at least, had been the vision behind the creation of the universes.

That did not mean she did not feel.

She gazed upon the graves, shaking her head in disappointment. Such waste. Life spent taking life for the sake of enslaving life. It was like watching a child cut their own leg off and crushing a baby into a living crutch. Asha'rah would not have anyone take this path.

Conjuring some sticks of incense, she left them gently smoking above each grave, a final gesture of respect to those passed on. A few words of comfort came to mind as she placed a gentle hand upon Sarada's shoulder.

"They are in a better place now." Asha'rah said. She'd know better than most.

High in the air, Zaofan scopes the battle. Between Ochazuke, Meagan, Sarada, P-Sta, and Shiro, the four turrets seemed to be scrapped. To be on the safe side, his eyes cackle with red energy as he visually sweeps the battlefield.

"Is that it? By my count, that's all of them. That wasn't such a chore now, was it?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

That turrets appear to be taken care of.

Jinzi radio’s over.

“Okay everyone, Enoki’s ship can’t hold us all. I can stay behind with the kids, start retro fitting one of my Capsule ships with some of the Saiyan engines from the pods Adam has been scrapping. We’ll be safe in the bunker, I think. Meanwhile, you lot and Enoki go and get those people back. You can swing back by after you stop this madness.”

He activates another Capsule from his wallet and out pops, in a puff of smoke, a brand new customized Capsule ship.

“She’s already half way to being a spaceship, just needs some tinkering. But it will take hours and we don’t have that kind of time. But don’t worry, my comm system range is near limitless. We’ll still be in contact.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "They are in a better place now." Asha'rah said. She'd know better than most.
    Asha'rah's heavy metal hand touched Sarada's shoulder gently, words of comfort following after it. The words did little to settle the sorrow in the Saiyan's heart, but they helped put her mind at ease for the task ahead.

The grieving process wouldn't take long. While they were brethren, they were strangers to her, unfamiliar faces linked only by common genetics. It wouldn't be long before she could and would move past this, shouldering the sorrow for a little while before shrugging it off like a heavy yoke after a long day in the field. To carry the pain of losing a stranger would cause her to miss the precious few moments she feared she had left with the Saiyans she did know, the people she knew and had loved her entire life.

It wouldn't do, so she took comfort in Asha'rah's words. "Thank you," she replied with a slow nod. "I just wish they could have died in a fair battle, not like this. Not to a bunch of cowards."

Jinzi radio’s over.

“Okay everyone, Enoki’s ship can’t hold us all. I can stay behind with the kids, start retro fitting one of my Capsule ships with some of the Saiyan engines from the pods Adam has been scrapping. We’ll be safe in the bunker, I think. Meanwhile, you lot and Enoki go and get those people back. You can swing back by after you stop this madness.”

He activates another Capsule from his wallet and out pops, in a puff of smoke, a brand new customized Capsule ship.

“She’s already half way to being a spaceship, just needs some tinkering. But it will take hours and we don’t have that kind of time. But don’t worry, my comm system range is near limitless. We’ll still be in contact.”
    Sarada nodded and looked at Enoki. "Alright, aunt. Let's get our people back." A resolute goal in mind, she headed for Enoki's ship and walked aboard.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Jinzi radio’s over.

Meagan drops her protection over the children and walks up to Jinzi, "I don't like the idea of you staying here without help. You can't fight off the Junjo if they come back. What if another scavenger shows up." She looks at him, then at the children, as if trying to make a decision.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan drops her protection over the children and walks up to Jinzi, "I don't like the idea of you staying here without help. You can't fight off the Junjo if they come back. What if another scavenger shows up." She looks at him, then at the children, as if trying to make a decision.
    He smiles.

“I survived on Vacado, hidden, for almost a month before I sabotaged their pod launch program and got off planet. I can survive here with the kids for a day or two. Besides.....”

He taps the other three capsules in his capsule wallet.

“I have a few surprises.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He smiles.

“I survived on Vacado, hidden, for almost a month before I sabotaged their pod launch program and got off planet. I can survive here with the kids for a day or two. Besides.....”

He taps the other three capsules in his capsule wallet.

“I have a few surprises.”
    Meagan nods, then kisses him. Stepping back, "Just be careful. Even heroes need to live to fight again. I'll be back as soon as I can, I promise." Taking a step back, she hesitates, looking at him, then quickly heads off the join the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan nods, then kisses him. Stepping back, "Just be careful. Even heroes need to live to fight again. I'll be back as soon as I can, I promise." Taking a step back, she hesitates, looking at him, then quickly heads off the join the others.
    He nods, kissing her back before watching her leave towards the ship.

He looks at the Saiyan kids and looks to Enoki.

“I swear they will be safe.”

She glances between them, firms her lips, and nods.

“See it done.”

She speaks to the kids, reassuring them, then heads towards her old GP ship with determination. Meanwhile, Jinzi motions the kids over and starts showing them how to gather the materials he’ll need.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 05-19-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ishtar boards the transport.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

He nods, kissing her back before watching her leave towards the ship.

He looks at the Saiyan kids and looks to Enoki.

“I sear they will be safe.”

She glances between them, firms her lips, and nods.

“See it done.”

She speaks to the kids, reassuring them, then heads towards her old GP ship with determination. Meanwhile, Jinzi motions the kids over and starts showing them how to gather the materials he’ll need.
    With one final look back at Jinzi and the children, Meagan climbs on board the old ship and finds a place to sit. How they are going to catch up tot eh Junjo, she has no idea, but she has faith.

Adam returns from dealing an enemy turret. "Try not to die Jinzi, it would reflect badly on me."
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam returns from dealing an enemy turret. "Try not to die Jinzi, it would reflect badly on me."
    He grins, then surprises Adam by reaching over and hugging him.

“I know I’m not your creator, Adam, but you’ve made me a beyond proud uncle. Your crea.....no, your father, would be proud of you. You truly are the greatest thing Capsule Corp has ever had a hand in. Please be careful.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM