Page 580 of 782 FirstFirst ... 80480530570576577578579580581582583584590630680 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Another voice speaks up as yet another familiar person swings by.

online image hosting

Alt Dash flies with them now.

“She died defending Jinzi during the invasion.”
    Dash nearly fell out of the sky when she heard the voice. Recovering, she the looked at the older woman, actually she stared at her, especially at her hair. Which then made her feel very self-conscious, even a bit childish. Finally she blurted out, "An what's wrong with dyeing my hair? That don't make me a child." Then she caught herself and realized how much Alt-Dash looked like their mother, and she got really embarrassed. "Um, sorry 'bout that. You just kinda remind me of Mom. She hated it when I dyed my hair, told me to grow up."

Alt-Dash shrugged, "She's right, you know. You'll realize that in time."
    Last edited by Tami; 01-06-2019 at 05:16 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Both shake their heads no.
    "Oh, how I do enjoy charging in blind..." Blizzar deadpanned as the group continued to forge ahead.

Grinthorn shrugs.

“That’s between Zurvan and Ishtar and myself, Tasure.”
    Tasure narrowed her eyes. Yes, while Ishtar and Zurvan were the... primary actors in this drama, at the moment, that Grinthorn refused to divulge his means of 'helping' indicated that this was merely a ruse to get close to Zurvan. For what reason, she didn't know, but there was a good chance he was in league with the Doctor.

"Tch. Well, willing to divulge or not, while I'm acting as her bodyguard, I cannot and will not let you pass without Ishtar's approval," said Tasure. "I'm sure a... man such as you understands the value of a little patience."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Ishtar, as you await at the Lookout, you suddenly look around and see someone approaching Zurvan.

It’s President Grinthorn.
    As Ishtar sat staring at the gateway that'd once been the RoSaT, she heard footsteps at her back. And turning, she was greeted by a figure she'd not expected or wanted.

Grinthorn.

“Just like to smile. I’m here on business with Ishtar and...Zurvan.”
    Grinthorn smiles even wider, shark like and predatory.

“It appears I can perhaps...help...Zurvan in his time of news now. I thought I would offer him a helping hand.”

Zurvan stays put, eyebrow raised in curiosity, letting the others handle the President for the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Tasure narrowed her eyes. Yes, while Ishtar and Zurvan were the... primary actors in this drama, at the moment, that Grinthorn refused to divulge his means of 'helping' indicated that this was merely a ruse to get close to Zurvan. For what reason, she didn't know, but there was a good chance he was in league with the Doctor.

"Tch. Well, willing to divulge or not, while I'm acting as her bodyguard, I cannot and will not let you pass without Ishtar's approval," said Tasure. "I'm sure a... man such as you understands the value of a little patience."
    And in the few moments he'd been there, he certainly managed to cause immediate issue.

Tasure managed to respond rather quickly however, stepping between the 'man' and his targets before he could close the distance ... and while the bodyguard Co mment was curious it wasn't wrong in the moment.

Still ...

Grinthorn shrugs.

“That’s between Zurvan and Ishtar and myself, Tasure.”
    The Oni picked herself up, slowly, and looked over at Grinthorn.

"Out with it, then."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Alt-Ochazuke nods.

“The wards the mages put to keep her there should be easy to by-pass, but anti-sorcery will come in handy past that. None of us left have such a skill.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Nevanlinna offered her assistance. A welcome addition to her efforts in neutralizing whatever spells Etrina had already erected, as well as those that she planned on casting should a battle take place. "I gladly accept your assistance. Between the two of us, magic shouldn't pose anything of a problem for the others."

"Then, it's settled. Nevanlinna and I will handle her magic. The rest of your should be able to handle the rest." This was spoken mostly to those that came with her.

Overhearing the conversation between the two, Ochazuke chuckled briefly before turning his attentions back to the matter at hand.

You will find your place in this second life. One day at a time

Following in the wake behind his double, the matter brought his concern to the minute fractures in this timeline.

If the divergence was at the Junjo abduction, then his counterpart would have not acquired a certain skill he had when he was forced apart from this sphere.

"I understand that this Vitalmancer is composed of an old enemy. I should hope there are no others."

If they remained here, the Knife, tempered by the demonic Banefire, would not have been broken. Yet were he not stolen from the Earth it meant that he and Zaofan were fully dedicated to their training.

"In one view of the future that would come to pass, the Legacy ended where its renewal l started with the Last Dragon, Samson Balon," he said. "Our brother may have been taken by the Lyne, and yet you remain."

"Is this, then, the limit of teachings of the Ten Hands of Zxu'Ro?"

“They had a working relationship. He gave her energy, his energy, to feed her during the war. She was one of the few fighters able to fight the Lyne.”

“He would give her months at a time. Sometimes years. It aged him, but it kept her in check and while she was dangerous, she worked with us.” Alt Ochazuke said.

“Just after the war, the two disappeared together for a few days. When Totoma and I sensed his energy disappear, we quickly flew to his location and found Etrina standing over him, having drained his energy completely. Her eyes has gone black and she just smirked at us and said payment was owed and taken. They she laughed and flew off.”

Payment was owed. Time.

Payment was taken.

The Doctor.

"...Pantaloon made a sacrifice without sense," the noble fool. "In exchange for this world, it lost his vision-"

His seething regretful eulogy was cut short. A thought had struck him as the pieces making up this world from split events rooted to the point they had known came together.

"...he was the acting President of the World at the time of the Lyne War. Where was his predecessor during all of this?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar sat staring at the gateway that'd once been the RoSaT, she heard footsteps at her back. And turning, she was greeted by a figure she'd not expected or wanted.

Grinthorn.

And in the few moments he'd been there, he certainly managed to cause immediate issue.

Tasure managed to respond rather quickly however, stepping between the 'man' and his targets before he could close the distance ... and while the bodyguard Co mment was curious it wasn't wrong in the moment.

Still ...

The Oni picked herself up, slowly, and looked over at Grinthorn.

"Out with it, then."
    “I can save his life. I can stop the temporal drain right now. Merely....ask me to.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Overhearing the conversation between the two, Ochazuke chuckled briefly before turning his attentions back to the matter at hand.

You will find your place in this second life. One day at a time

Following in the wake behind his double, the matter brought his concern to the minute fractures in this timeline.

If the divergence was at the Junjo abduction, then his counterpart would have not acquired a certain skill he had when he was forced apart from this sphere.

"I understand that this Vitalmancer is composed of an old enemy. I should hope there are no others."

If they remained here, the Knife, tempered by the demonic Banefire, would not have been broken. Yet were he not stolen from the Earth it meant that he and Zaofan were fully dedicated to their training.

"In one view of the future that would come to pass, the Legacy ended where its renewal l started with the Last Dragon, Samson Balon," he said. "Our brother may have been taken by the Lyne, and yet you remain."

"Is this, then, the limit of teachings of the Ten Hands of Zxu'Ro?"

Payment was owed. Time.

Payment was taken.

The Doctor.

"...Pantaloon made a sacrifice without sense," the noble fool. "In exchange for this world, it lost his vision-"

His seething regretful eulogy was cut short. A thought had struck him as the pieces making up this world from split events rooted to the point they had known came together.

"...he was the acting President of the World at the time of the Lyne War. Where was his predecessor during all of this?"
    “I have learned the location of Master’s secret. However.......I am shamed to say I do not know if I am worthy to take the final step alone. Zaofan was slain and I find I....feel responsible. I would claim the Master’s legacy with him should the dragon balls return. If they cannot...then I shall attempt it myself. As to Grinthorn....he disappeared. I do not believe he was slain.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“I have learned the location of Master’s secret. However.......I am shamed to say I do not know if I am worthy to take the final step alone. Zaofan was slain and I find I....feel responsible. I would claim the Master’s legacy with him should the dragon balls return. If they cannot...then I shall attempt it myself. As to Grinthorn....he disappeared. I do not believe he was slain.”
    "Of course, he wasn't..." Blizzar commented snidely. "How convenient that he simply slipped away when his world needed him most...Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this Grinthorn is somehow one and the same as ours. Or, if the two are somehow in league," he chortled, before looking down and taking a brief pause. "Gods, I hope that's not the case..."

“I can save his life. I can stop the temporal drain right now. Merely....ask me to.”
    Ishtar sucked in a sharp breath, and held it.

Grinthorn was offering something that was, otherwise, little more than a hope at this point. Something Ishtar certainly wanted, and something Zurvan seemed to as well -- given he'd come to them for help -- and yet ...

The Oni exhaled.

"No."

There was a pause, before she continued.

"We spoke of trust, the last time we spoke. My opinion has not changed. I do not trust you. You are not who you appear to be. Nor do I believe that one such as you, would offer this out of the kindess of your ... heart.

"So what then are you after, I wonder ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Hm. Now that was interesting. "What can you tell us about this world's Grinthorn?" Parsley asked. "Were his movements too practiced? Did he appear to know things he shouldn't? Was his smile too wide to be human?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar sucked in a sharp breath, and held it.

Grinthorn was offering something that was, otherwise, little more than a hope at this point. Something Ishtar certainly wanted, and something Zurvan seemed to as well -- given he'd come to them for help -- and yet ...

The Oni exhaled.

"No."

There was a pause, before she continued.

"We spoke of trust, the last time we spoke. My opinion has not changed. I do not trust you. You are not who you appear to be. Nor do I believe that one such as you, would offer this out of the kindess of your ... heart.

"So what then are you after, I wonder ?"
    “Mutual benefits. I help you, you help me. But I can stop his death right now, Ishtar. I can even stop the Doctor in his tracks. Just...wish me to do it, and I shall.”

Grinthorn seems 100% honest.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hm. Now that was interesting. "What can you tell us about this world's Grinthorn?" Parsley asked. "Were his movements too practiced? Did he appear to know things he shouldn't? Was his smile too wide to be human?"

Alt Ochazuke nods.

“Indeed.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Alt Ochazuke nods.

“Indeed.”
    "Interesting." They already knew - well, she already knew - that he wasn't human. From the sounds of it, this Grinthorn was the same as theirs. That this one just... vanished right when his world needed him most was suspicious.

There wasn't enough to make a definitive assumption, but there may have been more to Blizzar's suggestion than he thought.

When they returned, she needed to have a talk with Zurvan. Perhaps there were other beings capable of traveling across alternate timelines.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Mutual benefits. I help you, you help me. But I can stop his death right now, Ishtar. I can even stop the Doctor in his tracks. Just...wish me to do it, and I shall.”

Grinthorn seems 100% honest.
    Meagan did not like the sound of that, neither did Reimi who finally stepped out from the shadows, "There are but few creatures in the Universe who pretend to act according to the wishes of others. Djins, for example. Most are not to be trusted. Wishes are dangerous in the hands of the likes of them."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan did not like the sound of that, neither did Reimi who finally stepped out from the shadows, "There are but few creatures in the Universe who pretend to act according to the wishes of others. Djins, for example. Most are not to be trusted. Wishes are dangerous in the hands of the likes of them."
    “I am no djinn.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM