Page 581 of 782 FirstFirst ... 81481531571577578579580581582583584585591631681 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “I am no djinn.”
    "No, I don't suppose you are." Reimi kept using her senses to try and figure him out, "Neither are you a dragon, as far as I can tell. A leprechaun, perhaps?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

“Mutual benefits. I help you, you help me. But I can stop his death right now, Ishtar. I can even stop the Doctor in his tracks. Just...wish me to do it, and I shall.”

Grinthorn seems 100% honest.
    Ishtar's eyes narrow.

"How do you know about what is transpiring here, truly ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar's eyes narrow.

"How do you know about what is transpiring here, truly ?"
    “I have a....benefit of my nature. Enhanced awareness one might say. I know many things about all things.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "No, I don't suppose you are." Reimi kept using her senses to try and figure him out, "Neither are you a dragon, as far as I can tell. A leprechaun, perhaps?"
    He grins, the cigar seeming to lite on its own.

“What do you think?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“I have a....benefit of my nature. Enhanced awareness one might say. I know many things about all things.”
    "You are the definition of a Wolf in the guide of a Sheep, then ... All the more reason to trust you less." Ishtar responded, flatly.

"So my answer stands, unless Zurvan decides otherwise ... No. I would rather trust in my friends, than enter a blind arrangement with you."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"You are the definition of a Wolf in the guide of a Sheep, then ... All the more reason to trust you less." Ishtar responded, flatly.

"So my answer stands, unless Zurvan decides otherwise ... No. I would rather trust in my friends, than enter a blind arrangement with you."
    Grinthorn’s eyes glow as they narrow, teeth tightening on the cigar.

“You have a habit of making deals, Ishtar. A shame, really. I could have fixed this mess. I even would have guaranteed no one would be harmed.”

Zurvan steps up and lays a hand on Ishtar’s shoulder.

“Impressive disguise, old one. I had not thought to see again.”

The President nods.

“Zurvan, the Waiting God. The Non-comittal. It has been quite a while.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Grinthorn’s eyes glow as they narrow, teeth tightening on the cigar.

“You have a habit of making deals, Ishtar. A shame, really. I could have fixed this mess. I even would have guaranteed no one would be harmed.”

Zurvan steps up and lays a hand on Ishtar’s shoulder.

“Impressive disguise, old one. I had not thought to see again.”

The President nods.

“Zurvan, the Waiting God. The Non-comittal. It has been quite a while.”
    Ishtar flashed a smile that mirrored Grinthorn's usual.

"You know why I made those deals, Grinthorn. This is not like those, a debt of gratitude would be owed ... and you would have me at your beck and call."

When Zurvan stepped forward and addressed Grinthorn as a contemporary then, Ishtar tiled her heads towards her father and frowned.

"How do you two know each other ?"

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar flashed a smile that mirrored Grinthorn's usual.

"You know why I made those deals, Grinthorn. This is not like those, a debt of gratitude would be owed ... and you would have me at your beck and call."

When Zurvan stepped forward and addressed Grinthorn as a contemporary then, Ishtar tiled her heads towards her father and frowned.

"How do you two know each other ?"
    Grinthorn exhales a cloud of smoke, and for a brief moment, Ishtar swears she can see an Eternal Dragon looking back at her through the smoke. It fades quickly.

“We don’t. Not really. We only met once before he....disappeared.” Zurvan says.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

nothing to see here.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-07-2019 at 04:51 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Grinthorn exhales a cloud of smoke, and for a brief moment, Ishtar swears she can see an Eternal Dragon looking back at her through the smoke. It fades quickly.

"And yet here is, pretending to be a human." Reimi nodded, "Rather out of character for one such as you." As she spoke she turned her attention to Grinthorn.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ishtar's eyes widened ever so slightly when she caught side of something ... familiarly Draconic among the haze of cigar smoke. Kin of the Eternal Dragon, perhaps ?

Or perhaps a forefather ...

Though it seemed Zurvan and Grinthorn, only knew of each other in passing.

"Are you referring to when he disappeared, roughly one hundred thousand years ago ?"

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "And yet here is, pretending to be a human." Reimi nodded, "Rather out of character for one such as you." As she spoke she turned her attention to Grinthorn.
    He shrugs.

“Just doing what needs to be done, Traveler.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ishtar's eyes widened ever so slightly when she caught side of something ... familiarly Draconic among the haze of cigar smoke. Kin of the Eternal Dragon, perhaps ?

Or perhaps a forefather ...

Though it seemed Zurvan and Grinthorn, only knew of each other in passing.

"Are you referring to when he disappeared, roughly one hundred thousand years ago ?"
    The dragon grins at her as Zurvan nods.

“Clever.”

He nods to Zurvan and starts walking away.

“Perhaps Sasheem will be more amenable. The...clientele...available to me is slim but he might make the cut.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The dragon grins at her as Zurvan nods.

“Clever.”

He nods to Zurvan and starts walking away.

“Perhaps Sasheem will be more amenable. The...clientele...available to me is slim but he might make the cut.”
    As Ishtar made ready to resound, a nod from Grinthorn and a parting word cut her off. And what was implied was ...

"Wait." Ishtar stated, before continuing. "Are you in league with Zurvan, and Sihn, then ?" Though as for Sasheem, then Oni sighed.

"Y
    But your Majin might prove a dead end. Or at the least untenable. I bound him to a Katchin object, I carry on my person."

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Pinach was hopelessly confused. He sighed and turned to Seri and Rutaba. "I guess we can just go back inside. I don't know what the hell's going on anymore." All he did know was that that Grinthorn guy was a creep, and Ishtar didn't like him. If she didn't like him, then Pinach didn't either.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!