Page 592 of 782 FirstFirst ... 92492542582588589590591592593594595596602642692 ... LastLast
Results 8,866 to 8,880 of 11718
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Which she brings up, a knife appearing and slashing across hands, severing the tendons on both long enough that her grin lessens and Alttrinna flies back, free of her. Her body shifts to where her head is facing the right way. She spits the gun into her free hand and smirks.

“You’ll die for that.”

The gun raises.
    ".....Is....there no Etrina left in there....." Erosa floated back, her hands cut and limp at her side. ".......Or is the gun running the show now? Or the Knife? Are you...Etrina....Playing second fiddle to a bunch of idiots in your OWN BODY! It shouldn't matter who's in there or how powerful they are. I was born in there, there is no way you should be losing a battle of the mind to some bunch of thugs!" Especially not with me in there helping!"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Turning to see this, Dash summons her Glaive, aims it dead center, and throws it at Altrina as hard and as fast as she could.
    She turns and shoots the glaive out of the air.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Which she brings up, a knife appearing and slashing across hands, severing the tendons on both long enough that her grin lessens and Alttrinna flies back, free of her. Her body shifts to where her head is facing the right way. She spits the gun into her free hand and smirks.

“You’ll die for that.”

The gun raises.
    A pair of vines shot out of the ground and wrapped around Etrina's gun hand, then jerked to the side hard in an attempt to pry the gun from her hand. "Can someone please inform the ignorant of what we're dealing with?" Parsley hissed. In a battle of this import, against enemies such as this, wielding a gun normally wouldn't be a viable tactic. That Etrina not only did so, but felt comfortable in its ability spoke to the assumption Parsley had that it wasn't a normal gun. Thus, its erasure from the situation was paramount.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ".....Is....there no Etrina left in there....." Erosa floated back, her hands cut and limp at her side. ".......Or is the gun running the show now? Or the Knife? Are you...Etrina....Playing second fiddle to a bunch of idiots in your OWN BODY! It shouldn't matter who's in there or how powerful they are. I was born in there, there is no way you should be losing a battle of the mind to some bunch of thugs!" Especially not with me in there helping!"
    For a single moment, one eye turns back to normal and a flash of recognition is there.

Buried deep, Etrina is still there.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“You’ll die for that.”

The gun raises.
    Suddenly, Altrina would find her free hand... a bit more free than before, in quite the literal sense, severed by a downward ki-enhanced slash by none other than Nevanlinna. She had gone invisible to bide her time when the barrier had shattered, for a good chance to strike. Simultaneously, a second Nevanlinna--the real one--shimmered into existence and grabbed the severed arm, and quickly put some distance between herself and Etrina.

"Now now, little girls shouldn't play with such dangerous toys," she said
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A pair of vines shot out of the ground and wrapped around Etrina's gun hand, then jerked to the side hard in an attempt to pry the gun from her hand. "Can someone please inform the ignorant of what we're dealing with?" Parsley hissed. In a battle of this import, against enemies such as this, wielding a gun normally wouldn't be a viable tactic. That Etrina not only did so, but felt comfortable in its ability spoke to the assumption Parsley had that it wasn't a normal gun. Thus, its erasure from the situation was paramount.

The gun stays, but the arm after shooting the glaive out of the air is jerked down and away.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Suddenly, Altrina would find her free hand... a bit more free than before, in quite the literal sense, severed by a downward ki-enhanced slash by none other than Nevanlinna. She had gone invisible to bide her time when the barrier had shattered, for a good chance to strike. Simultaneously, a second Nevanlinna--the real one--shimmered into existence and grabbed the severed arm, and quickly put some distance between herself and Etrina.

"Now now, little girls shouldn't play with such dangerous toys," she said
    The gun arm is cut off, Altrinna howling in pain.

Banefire is stuck in her severed arm’s grasp.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

For a single moment, one eye turns back to normal and a flash of recognition is there.

Buried deep, Etrina is still there.
    "....In our universe you didn't cow to anyone. Your more similar to my Etrina then you know....and she smacked down fate itself when it tried to take her body. WHAT DO A BUNCH OF IDIOTS LIKE BUMFIRE, GRAVY AND CHRISTINE HAVE ON THAT!"

Erosa spread her arms wide. "You decide what happens in YOUR life...not them. If you can't put down that damn gun and wragle those filthy roommates you DONT DESERVE THE NAME ETRINA STOLTENGARDE!"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The gun, and the arm holding it, had been removed. Once again, Parsley and Nevanlinna showed that they made a good team. That gun is too dangerous to be left out in the open. The urge to pick it up was strong, but she resisted. If it possessed Etrina, it could - possibly - possess her, as well.

Or, perhaps there was some sort of caveat required to be taken over. She didn't know, but she didn't want to take the chance.

When it hit the ground, Parsley fired a Dark Spiral at it, intent on destroying it for good.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Nevanlinna stared the stump, at the... abomination stuck in it. Something about it filled her with disgust, from the very core of her being. Like its existence was personally offensive to her... curious. Most curious.

Well, nevertheless, without the gun, she wouldn't be able to effectively use this infernal energy. And perhaps its loss might... weaken its hold on her? She was a bit out of her depth at the moment, so she had little idea. Regardless, once she was subdued and free from what ails her, the arm could quite easily be re-attached.

The gun, however... ah, there it was... on the ground. Noticing Parsley firing her Dark Spiral attack, Nevalinna raised her hands, then placed them in front of her, ki and spheres magical energies gathering into a point that quickly grew into a decently-sized sphere of glowing power.

After a moment of charging, Nevanlinna focused her will and the attack--her Ether Strike--launched from her hands, tearing its way through the air at the gun. It would likely hit at nearly the same time as the Dark Spiral and, hopefully, aid in annihilating it completely.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 01-12-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Standing next to him, "Ah wish ah had the power to give you you're strength back. Ah can only do it to myself. You can't talk to her if she won't listen. She's kinda like Sasheem right now, if you know what ah mean. Too many cooks in that pot'o a head of hers."

Her eyes widened, "Ah wonder. Maybe we could fuse our powers, like I do with Cya sometimes.When we do that, ah can share my strength with you. We can speed blitz imitation Etrina together, like we used to do."
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "....In our universe you didn't cow to anyone. Your more similar to my Etrina then you know....and she smacked down fate itself when it tried to take her body. WHAT DO A BUNCH OF IDIOTS LIKE BUMFIRE, GRAVY AND CHRISTINE HAVE ON THAT!"

Erosa spread her arms wide. "You decide what happens in YOUR life...not them. If you can't put down that damn gun and wragle those filthy roommates you DONT DESERVE THE NAME ETRINA STOLTENGARDE!"
    Seeing Erosa yell at Altrinna, Zaofan's eyes begin to glow with intensity. He then turns to Dash. "Blitz her. In a way, yes. I'm not nearly at full strength, so I'll need a boost. You fly at Etrina at your best speed. You take the lead, and I'll be right behind you, but I need to reach Erosa. We must hurry!"

Whatever meager power he has, he ignites into a red aura, prepping for blast off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Seeing Erosa yell at Altrinna, Zaofan's eyes begin to glow with intensity. He then turns to Dash. "Blitz her. In a way, yes. I'm not nearly at full strength, so I'll need a boost. You fly at Etrina at your best speed. You take the lead, and I'll be right behind you, but I need to reach Erosa. We must hurry!"

Whatever meager power he has, he ignites into a red aura, prepping for blast off.
    Dash flared up her Aura and activated Binding Friendship, joining her power with Zaofan's. Doing this will restore his power, his strength as she uses Gift of the Bear - Bear’s Endurance to restore both of them. Once connected, Zaofan should feel himself returning to normal, no higher boost, but enough to reach his base levels. With a nod to him, the two take off with blinding speed, heading towards Erosa and Altrina.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-12-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Zaofan would feel the familiar connection of Kizuna as the red aura erupted around him, empowering him. However, this time... something a bit different happened. There was an energy flow through the link, from Totoma, refilling the martial cook's energy stores... and, in fact, adding to them since Dash had the same idea.

Totoma had, of course, opened up the Kizuna to everyone present... including Etrina--the real Etrina, that was no doubt stuck inside her own body. This one was... different, however, from the others. It was not an offer of power or energy, but an offer of... hope. A reminder that, even though they were fighting her body, they were not fighting her and were in fact fighting for her, that she was not alone... even if they were just alternate timeline versions of her friends. Totoma hoped that this would boost her morale enough for her to at least hold on a bit longer... and perhaps begin to wrest control of her body back from the monsters that controlled it right now.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 01-12-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Alt Dash rams one creature, trying to fight it as another reaches up and tries to grab and crush Sarada.

Alt Ochazuke fires an odd white beam from his hand, a white glow flowing through his forehead and down the arm as he aims it at Banefire.

Ika cradles her broken arm as Garnish slams into and through the beast Alt Dash was fighting, blowing a hole through it.

Altrinna, where the stump of her arm was, sprouted a new arm. It was slightly smaller and seemed emaciated. For a moment it reaches out pleadingly towards Zaofan, but it is quickly sucked back into the main body. Altrinna grins and gestures, the ground shaking below her as massive chunks of the earth are flung at everyone present.

Meanwhile, the severed arm holding Banefire suddenly sprouts tendrils and pulls itself out of the way of the incoming attacks, scurrying towards Altrinna.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Dahs flared up her Aura and activated Binding Friendship, joining her power with Zaofan's. Doing this will restore his power, his strength as she uses Gift of the Bear - Bear’s Endurance to restore both of them. Once connected, Zaofan should feel himself returning to normal, no higher boost, but enough to reach his base levels. With a nod to him, the two take off with blinding speed, heading towards Erosa and Altrina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Zaofan would feel the familiar connection of Kizuna as the red aura erupted around him, empowering him. However, this time... something a bit different happened. There was an energy flow through the link, from Totoma, refilling the martial cook's energy stores... and, in fact, adding to them since Dash had the same idea.

Totoma had, of course, opened up the Kizuna to everyone present... including Etrina--the real Etrina, that was no doubt stuck inside her own body. This one was... different, however, from the others. It was not an offer of power or energy, but an offer of... hope. A reminder that, even though they were fighting her body, they were not fighting her and were in fact fighting for her, that she was not alone... even if they were just alternate timeline versions of her friends. Totoma hoped that this would boost her morale enough for her to at least hold on a bit longer... and perhaps begin to wrest control of her body back from the monsters that controlled it right now.
    Feeling his body not just reenergized, but then some, he muttered under his breath, "Thank you, friends. May the gods help us..."

With renewed vigor, he blasts off, right behind Dash as promised, taking advantage of the slipstream trailing in the rainbow warrior's wake. He breaks off from the wake once he's close enough, and barrel rolls to dodge some of the chunks of Earth that Altrinna had flung.

Finally reaching Erosa, he leap frogs over her shoulders with a declaration: "Erosa! I AM HERE!" turning the leap into a corkscrew twist until he stops by Altrinna, grabbing her by the upper arms.

"Etrina! Listen to me! I'm not here to hurt you! My offer to help you still stands! I ask you to look me in the eyes to see my truth and honesty!"

Bring his head closer to hers, Zaofan stares deeply, intensely, intentionally, into her eyes. Though she is not truly his beloved, she is still an Etrina nonetheless, and Zaofan's concern is sympathetic and true.

As his pupils match hers, even for a split second, he focuses intently on her core being. He forces his eyes to remain open, as he whispers:

"Ruby Taiyoken!"

A point blank but physically harmless solar flare, aimed at her heart and soul, aiming for whatever darkness dwells within.