Page 601 of 782 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma caught sight of Sarada and, curiously, felt a bit of... huh, annoyance? Why would he feel annoyed, given that he hadn't even spoken to her since Chroma? Or..

...oh. So it was that. Huh, been over a decade since he'd been able to do that... interesting. Though having yet another thing to work on... geez, his plate really was full, wasn't it?

"Sarada," he said. "I know you're probably... uh, displeased about that whole... thing back there, but that, well, I can't speak for your sister, but in my case, my human side just lets me bond really quickly with people, and, uh, well, I was Kizuna'd with Ika, and her emotions bleeding through that bond sort of... pushed me over the edge."

Might have something to do with him being a halfbreed, as well. Emotion seemed to be the key to achieving Super Saiyan, and since halfbreeds were more emotional--or at least socialized to be--than purebreds... it only followed that it'd be easier to achieve super saiyan for a halfbreed, all else equal. Plus, Sarada was queen and had probably fallen into a habit of reining in her emotions, which presented another hurdle.

"...so, are you going to be going to the next timeline?" asked Totoma. "I... think I'm going to sit the next one out. Kind of exhausted, emotionally and physically."
    One of the mighty Super Saiyans deemed it appropriate to condescend himself and speak to her, a lowly and inconsequential normal Saiyan. He went on to explain why and how it was soooo much easier for him to transform, claiming that it was because he was a half-breed, and his human side made it easier to bond with people. That meant that he was bonded with Ika through Kizuna, and since it sounded very similar to Aka Manah, he could likely feel all the hurt and pain and anguish she was feeling when it seemed that Garnish was dying.

Fine.

Sarada sighed. "Yeah, I get that. Listen, I'm happy you reached that level. It just sucks to witness three Saiyans transform while I'm over here still normal." It was the truth, and even though she knew her time would come, and soon, it still sucked.

"Yeah, I'm going. I didn't get to do much fighting this time, so I figure I'd better get my licks in now before taking a break during the next mission." Besides that, it was nearly as mentally draining for her as it seemed to be for him.

Oh.

Talking to him reminded her of something.

"Hey, don't suppose you've been keeping up with news out of Vocado, yeah?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    One of the mighty Super Saiyans deemed it appropriate to condescend himself and speak to her, a lowly and inconsequential normal Saiyan. He went on to explain why and how it was soooo much easier for him to transform, claiming that it was because he was a half-breed, and his human side made it easier to bond with people. That meant that he was bonded with Ika through Kizuna, and since it sounded very similar to Aka Manah, he could likely feel all the hurt and pain and anguish she was feeling when it seemed that Garnish was dying.

Fine.

Sarada sighed. "Yeah, I get that. Listen, I'm happy you reached that level. It just sucks to witness three Saiyans transform while I'm over here still normal." It was the truth, and even though she knew her time would come, and soon, it still sucked.

"Yeah, I'm going. I didn't get to do much fighting this time, so I figure I'd better get my licks in now before taking a break during the next mission." Besides that, it was nearly as mentally draining for her as it seemed to be for him.

Oh.

Talking to him reminded her of something.

"Hey, don't suppose you've been keeping up with news out of Vocado, yeah?"
    Sarada seemed to be coping with the whole super saiyan thing well enough. Good. And besides, she was the strongest, in her normal form, of the Saiyans in the group, so if he and Parsley could transform, then so could she. And it'd probably be really soon. That he and Parsley had did it first, really, was just happenstance.

Then came a question about news out of Vocado. "News? Huh, well, I've mostly been on Earth, Namek, or the middle of nowhere, space, so I've been sort of cut off. Heard about the Tuffle invasion, though. Not an easy thing to deal with so soon into your reign. Is it related to that or... something else?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Sarada seemed to be coping with the whole super saiyan thing well enough. Good. And besides, she was the strongest, in her normal form, of the Saiyans in the group, so if he and Parsley could transform, then so could she. And it'd probably be really soon. That he and Parsley had did it first, really, was just happenstance.

Then came a question about news out of Vocado. "News? Huh, well, I've mostly been on Earth, Namek, or the middle of nowhere, space, so I've been sort of cut off. Heard about the Tuffle invasion, though. Not an easy thing to deal with so soon into your reign. Is it related to that or... something else?"
    He had heard about the invasion, but didn't mention Parsley. That must have meant he hadn't heard of it. Or, maybe just didn't want to mention it? Either way was fine with her.

"It wasn't, but we made it through. I just wish I could say without an casualties." But that had all been resolved now. "I was actually talking about the bill I signed into law a few weeks ago. It's called the Half-Breed Equality Act, and it makes it so any crime committed against a half-breed carries the same punishment as one committed against a purebred. It also makes it illegal to refuse service to a half-breed or overcharge them for something. Similar laws were already in place on Ruco, Pepa, Turrip, and Vocado, but this just makes it uniform across all six planets."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    He had heard about the invasion, but didn't mention Parsley. That must have meant he hadn't heard of it. Or, maybe just didn't want to mention it? Either way was fine with her.

"It wasn't, but we made it through. I just wish I could say without an casualties." But that had all been resolved now. "I was actually talking about the bill I signed into law a few weeks ago. It's called the Half-Breed Equality Act, and it makes it so any crime committed against a half-breed carries the same punishment as one committed against a purebred. It also makes it illegal to refuse service to a half-breed or overcharge them for something. Similar laws were already in place on Ruco, Pepa, Turrip, and Vocado, but this just makes it uniform across all six planets."
    This was the first he had heard about this act. However, just the news lifted his spirits a bit and brought a smile to his face. Codifying it into law was definitely good... sure, the people interpreting said law could twist or bend it, but it was much, much, much better than having it be arbitrary or even made-up-as-you-went-along.

"Heh, that's great! Bet those blowhards on Callion will complain, but that's really all they do these days, isn't it?" Ah, speaking of Saiyan worlds... "Oh, that reminds me... she probably has, but has my mother told you about the halfbreed--er, mostly halfbreed--colony on Vejituh? Might be worth seeing if they'd like to join the empire now that things are looking up for us halfies... or at least getting some diplomatic and trade ties up."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After listening to the others, Dash leans over to Praxat, "Like Sarada said, don't let them get to you. The universe is filled with races of all types and appearances. Ah read a book once on it. The Berrysan, for example, look like Earth Alligators. An there are the Kanassans who have sagging, fish-like faces. Ah ain't no expert in what makes a Toadian attractive, but ah bet you'd rank pretty high on the scale."
    " yeah thanks and to my race there are three things that are the standard of beauty spots, body size and skin color. So since the spots on the rest my body are average size and not dainty. To my race I'm at best a 6, and Qaztoh would be a 9 Oh so there's another race of Replitain people out there besides the Replitas, I wonder just how many Replitain alien races are there?" Praxat said with curious emoji appearing in her goggles.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-16-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    the Informant powers down his engines . " I basically haven't done anything wrong ,but I know stuff. Yeah when they question me I should act like I don't know anything about those two ships that crash into each other, well Turk Crowley this is fine mess you gotten yourself in this time," Turk said.

OOC: in case this was missed
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Agreed," replies Zaofan. "Are we all here? We best get going soon."

The chef then holds the artifact high above him, ready to activate the means to go home. "Zurvan, we're just about ready."
    Dash walks over to him, "Ah hope this works. We still got a whole lot more holes to plug up 'fore we can rest."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    In seeing Charco redirect his trajectory by digging his claws into the Lookout's tile, Ishtar realized as she continued to press, that she had struck the boy perhaps a little harder than intended. Though ... he seemed no worse for wear, and before she could close the distance entirely he had already repositioned and responded.

Before the invisible cutting wave could strike true however, Ishtar snapped to a stop and continuing to skid a short distance threw up her hands quickly and blocked the space in front of her with a wall of writhing black energy ... and when the wave slammed against it, the two annihilated each other; the Vacuum Blade too strong for the Void Barrier to outright consume, but the Blade lacking the force to simply power through uncontested.

... and erupting out of the plume of fire and smoke, was Ishtar.

Unaware of the Ki blasts fired from Charco until the last instant however, the Oni caught the first one with her face, the energy blinding her momentarily and causing her to stagger into the second, and third.

"Arrgh.."

Only bothering to correct her path enough to lock onto Charco curiously fluctuating power level, the Oni turned and arms raised toward him bought herself some time to recover by ... clapping. The shockwave produced from the force of the clap enough to rupture the Lookout's tile beneath them.
    A wheeze escaped his lips, having given little time to recover from Ishtar's punch. His hand reached up to idly rub his bruised chest, yet he resisted the urge and stopped it halfway through. He'd have time to lick his wounds in the aftermath, but for now, he lacked such luxuries with such apparent power behind the Oni's attacks. Uncertainty filled him as he watched his Ptera Slash meet resistance in the form of that curious black energy that Ishtar had previously fired at him just moments ago. Whatever it was, it was his vacuum blade's equal in intensity for both techniques bit and chewed into each other before both expired in an explosion of frustration.

Although it had not been apart of his tactic, the plume of smoke produced provided enough of a distraction for the errant shots he had just fired to strike true with the first squarely meeting Ishtar's face, jarring her into a brief stagger comparable to a drunk's. Unfortunately, with the rush of success came the instinctive urge to evacuate the premises for he now faced a momentarily blinded, if not enraged oni. Kicking off the ground in flight, the boy's hunch proved to be keen as the very air rippled around Ishtar following a massive display of power and strength as she gave a thunderous clap. The tiling beneath her feet shot off in all directions like shrapnel, a shard of which grazed his cheek and splitting it open with a ribbon of red.

A fairer fighter might have allowed her to recover her sight before making their next move, a honorable warrior might have chosen to go as far as seal away their sight before striking their next blow, but he was neither. Charco was of the Dino School and he prepared himself by drawing out his latent energy, gathering the bright green ki into two individual orbs within each hand. When sight returned to Ishtar, she would be greeted by the sight of him preparing a very familiar attack
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 01-17-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Yeah, and we're gonna have a feast after every!" Erosa proclaimed before getting bopped on the head by White-Etrina. "Er~ow....cheap shot."

"Couldn't help it, Orders from the chief." White E proclaimed. "We're on a strict timetable she says, if you want Zaofan to make you something....make it something for the road. Otherwise having a feast every mission is just gonna slow things down. The more rifts we knock out before Doctor whoever figures things out the better."

Erosa couldn't help but look dejected at the common sense of it all.
    Asha'rah stroked Erosa's hair slowly and evenly.

"There, there. Do you know what makes an Id stronger, Erosa? I suspect a primal want and a clear way to obtain it is a good start. There's a mountain of delicious food waiting for you at the end. Feed on that desire and you'll be speed your way to feeding on food."

She reached down and tickled the Id's pale neck with warm, bronzed fingers.

"Saving time as we know it would be a nice bonus, I suppose."

This was the first he had heard about this act. However, just the news lifted his spirits a bit and brought a smile to his face. Codifying it into law was definitely good... sure, the people interpreting said law could twist or bend it, but it was much, much, much better than having it be arbitrary or even made-up-as-you-went-along.

"Heh, that's great! Bet those blowhards on Callion will complain, but that's really all they do these days, isn't it?" Ah, speaking of Saiyan worlds... "Oh, that reminds me... she probably has, but has my mother told you about the halfbreed--er, mostly halfbreed--colony on Vejituh? Might be worth seeing if they'd like to join the empire now that things are looking up for us halfies... or at least getting some diplomatic and trade ties up."
    "They have no choice but to accept it. They themselves voted to stay in the Empire after a few there tried to drum up enough support to secede." Sarada chuckled to herself. It was good they saw the light after it nearly seemed that they had finally come around to seeing things Pinrit's way. That they voted to stick around showed that they were, in fact, capable of looking past their pride and acting in their own best interests.

Now, whether things remained that way once her other policies kicked into action at the start of the new year or not remained to be seen.

Vejituh, huh? She vaguely remembered something about that name being mentioned some time ago. It may have been in a conversation with Tasure - all her conversations were starting to blend together unless something about them stuck out in her mind. Anyway, if there was another world full of Saiyans, it was worth looking into and attempting to bring into the fold; if for no other reason than to make sure every Saiyan was as safe as possible. Also, she wanted tabs on as many as possible to make sure no one was making them all look bad.

"She may have but I can't remember. I'll look into it when I get back to Vocado." Whenever that was. It had already been nearly a week since she had sprinted out of the medical room without so much as an explanation. Back then, she was under the assumption that she'd help Ishtar with Luop, then come right back to Vocado to rest and go on about her business. Hmph; what an assumption that was. No she was back to looking like an absentee Queen again; at least Mato was the interim, so shit wasn't likely to hit the fan.

She hoped.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Somewhere between Vocado and Earth

Held's space-vessel, The Glorious Galloping, sped through the empty reaches of outer space. The sleek design cut through the empty air in the same manner that the Nevadian's spear cut through his enemies, the same flawless efficiency a shared trait between the two. Somehow, unknown to the Saiyans on Vocado, the ship automatically departed for the last known location of its owner, the planet Earth. One minute it was sitting there in the ship docks; the next, it was lifting off and speeding toward Earth.

There was no way to shut down the liftoff sequence once it began. Avoca found this out the hard way when the gangplank suddenly closed while she was exploring the ship. How she managed to get inside when it was surely locked and secured wasn't important; what was was that she was trapped, stuck inside the metal box for an indeterminable amount of time. She surely would have starved if not for the abundance of snacks Held stashed away in a hidden compartment.

It was on a dare. One of her friends dared her to go inside the ship and see if she could find his spear - Nevadians were known for their impressive weapons. Avoca had to be goaded into doing it, but she did. Now, she was regretting that more than nearly any other decision she had made in her life. Not only was she on the way to an alien world light years away from home, she had to pee. And there was no bathroom.

"...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha’rah chuckled at the innocent probing, welcoming a respite to see the young grow and learn.

“God or goddess, whichever you prefer. Goddess is the newer term, created after we adopted the concept of gender. The gods can be whatever gender they desire to present themselves as. I identify as female myself, but in truth I am all of them. In my role, I think of myself and all who were like me as Gods of Creation. But as a being, I think of myself as a goddess.”

Cyanna had so many questions when comparing Asha’rah to Iris, though she only voiced one to avoid the risk of offending. Being considerate of others like that would serve her well as she expanded her horizons in her tender years. Still, Asha’rah decided to answer them all.

“Like Iris, I am powerful, yes. Whether I am kind depends on perspective, I suppose. That you may die of thirst is my doing, but that there is water to drink is also my doing. As for wisdom, I try. Sometimes it’s easier to believe you have it than others,” Asha’rah offered a dry smile, ruffling Cyanna’s hair, “but thank you for thinking that of me.”

“Iris was a kami. Some cultures interpret the title as “god” but I would say “divine spirit” fits better. Many planets have, or had, kami. I am proud of them.”
    She nodded sagely as she rolled over the last statement in her mind.

“And no, not all gods are nice. We have our flaws just like anyone else, but we have fewer people to keep us in check. You will find paragons among us, and ones I despise to have ever called peer. Don’t put us as a group on a pedestal, Cyanna. We have the benefit of millions of years of experience, but we are still people in the end.”
    Going quiet, Cyanna looked down towards the ground. Finally, she looked up at the golden goddess, "If gods are flawed, how are they any different than the rest of us?"

Drawing on her own experiences, "If gods aren't wise enough to know how to use their power, wouldn't that just make them like any other bully? Why does the universe need gods anyway?"

She then paused, as if wanting to make sure she hadn't said anything offensive, before continuing, "How did you become a god? Did you have to train hard? Or were you born that way?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Alt Ochazuke approaches the cave and looks at the unconscious Altrinna.
    He gently picks her up.
    “I shall care for her. I know a good doctor who can help, and Slak should be here soon. Until then I can maintain and restore some of her lost vitality.”
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Offer your butt and hope the paddling isn't too rough.....or they both team up and paddle ya together. OhohohohoEro." Erosa chuckled with a red faced expression...and a tiny bit of drool that she quickly wiped away. "More importantly, Our first time thingy is plugged...That's a feast worthy event right? Think they'll let us fit one in before round two?"
    "Ehehe....ok. Take good care of my other maste....." Erosa was mid wave when a look passed over her face. ".....Ero, I forgot. I never got an answer out of her about what happened to the me of this universe. It can't have been good though...."
    Garnish nods and straightened up, her full height several inches taller than Parsley.
    “Yes...yes ma’am!”
    She salutes like a proper Saiyan, a broad smile on her face.
    Ika hugs Totoma back, hard.
    “Take care, Dad. Make sure you and mom are safe. Oh, and stop using that half form. Way to dangerous.”
    Garnish meanwhile grins at Parsley, nods, darts in for a bone crushing hug, and then flies up after Ika who has taken off. The two girls wave at the group as they leave.
    Alt Ochazuke holds Altrinna carefully as he starts to rise in the air.
    “Take care, brother. It was good to see you again.”
    With a gesture he tosses his alternate a small capsule.
    “With the hope you’ll make use of it. Farewell.”
    He takes off after the girls with Altrinna gently held on his arms.
    When his double had telegraphed his intention to throw the capsule, as Ochazuke reached for it, the thoughts so near to his mind reached to the surface as he searched to spin a web of his own. When he closed his coarse fingers over the small metallic piece, in an instant the snare fell.

Tumultuous business, the condition of being before yourself. For Ochazuke knew, that his Alternate knew, that he in turn knew, that this business of a world gone to hell on their watch would not be so abruptly concluded. His alternate would be made to answer where he stood upon the Woven Path.

Yet further along the path, you should see it plainly as well, having mastered this skill. But still...

"Erosa asked you a question. For all we have done for you, the least you might do is offer an explanation."

Indeed, he had asked him a similar question the moment it came to light that the nightmare that plagued this world was birthed of circumstances he had suspected. Now that he had seen it, whatever he had in mind was all but confirmed - though his Double would not speak it.

For he knew, that he knew, that he had known such frivolities stood apart from both of their natures, and there upon the battlefield in a decisive moment, there was no room for an answer.

"For nearly twenty years you fought and bled together," he said, stealing a short glance at Zaofan where he stood near the Time Portal upon the blackened patch of earth. "And much was lost. Far too much."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    When his double had telegraphed his intention to throw the capsule, as Ochazuke reached for it, the thoughts so near to his mind reached to the surface as he searched to spin a web of his own. When he closed his coarse fingers over the small metallic piece, in an instant the snare fell.

Tumultuous business, the condition of being before yourself. For Ochazuke knew, that his Alternate knew, that he in turn knew, that this business of a world gone to hell on their watch would not be so abruptly concluded. His alternate would be made to answer where he stood upon the Woven Path.

Yet further along the path, you should see it plainly as well, having mastered this skill. But still...

"Erosa asked you a question. For all we have done for you, the least you might do is offer an explanation."

Indeed, he had asked him a similar question the moment it came to light that the nightmare that plagued this world was birthed of circumstances he had suspected. Now that he had seen it, whatever he had in mind was all but confirmed - though his Double would not speak it.

For he knew, that he knew, that he had known such frivolities stood apart from both of their natures, and there upon the battlefield in a decisive moment, there was no room for an answer.

"For nearly twenty years you fought and bled together," he said, stealing a short glance at Zaofan where he stood near the Time Portal upon the blackened patch of earth. "And much was lost. Far too much."
    Alt Ochazuke pauses.

“Erosa died. Again and again. Etrina brought her back multiple times until one day...she simply did not. I asked, once, and she merely laughed and said she didn’t need her anymore. Shortly after I learned of her bonding with Grav.”

He nods.

“If any other questions are had, I shall answer them. There is much to answer for.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 01-16-2019 at 10:57 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    OOC: in case this was missed

The ship is halted and shortly there after two GP agents come aboard.

“You are the owner of this ship?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM