Page 613 of 782 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 11718
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She gestures and a familiar swirling nexus of temporal energy appears. The artifact with them floats up and absorbs it, pulsing quietly, as it settles back down.

“You thought a more difficult mission, yes? No, we are quite prepared to help as best we can.”
    "ASHY!!!"

Not a being particularly known for restraint, where Cyanna had managed to stop herself at the last second....the Id sailed right past her and the goal post, sailing near the entire distance of the room before wrapping her arms around the guardians waist and clinging like a spoiled child.

".....Ehehehehehe......"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Alt Asha’rah pats Erosa on the head, smiling as she looks up at Zaofan and shakes her head.

“My husband, Zxu’ro, is not here now. He has been on a pillgramage for some time in Otherworld.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 01-24-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Heedless and oblivious to any social clues or body language, and completely lacking in anything like telepathy or even the personal space around him, Zaofan asks outloud, "How fortunate! This is going much more smoothly than everything that happened the last time, huh, friends?"
    Sarada responded by slugging Zaofan in the chest.

There, sitting in a lotus position and meditating, was their guardian.

Asha’rah.

The form is not robotic, but the familiar energy is enough to confirm who it is. She opens her eyes and smiles.

“Hello visitors, friends, and travelers. I’ve been expecting you.”

Pyrus bows.
    Alt Asha’rah smiles at Cyanna.

“It is fine. I understand you are friends with my other self. I would be your friend and ally as well.”
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Demoms, hmm? Interesting. Such forces could not be so easily mitigated by the defense grid as they come from within but the perhaps the magic dampening combat bots could be bolstered once all this was over. Something to consider when they had the time.

The Lynne, thsee denons. An unprepared wirld, without proper protection could easily go down in flames...er, no pun intended. It was curious that the Earth from their timeline never suffered the same fste...though one could say the bizarre interest in the blue planet from malevolent parties was a plague all on it's own.

"You know what we are here for, I assume, Blizzar stated, half prepared for there to be some sort of caveat to retrieving the time stone. One of the of the other, more hostile, elemental tribes stealing it, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "May I ask how you ended up being the Guardian of this world? I think you're other self is much higher up the ..." Cyanna pauses as she searches for the right words, "Corporate Ladder?"
    She gestures and a familiar swirling nexus of temporal energy appears. The artifact with them floats up and absorbs it, pulsing quietly, as it settles back down.

“You thought a more difficult mission, yes? No, we are quite prepared to help as best we can.”
    Sarada stood back and watched everything unfold before her with a contemplative frown. Asha'rah was the guardian of Earth in this timeline, a fitting role for one who - if her flesh body was any indication - fared far better than her Asha'rah. Sarada presumed that either Asha'rah opted another path instead of waging war with Heaven, or everything was settled peacefully. Either way, she also presumed that indar'en was still alive.

Which meant that Ishtar hadn't been born, since her existence was not a dire requirement to resettle the balance of creation.

A sad realization, but that sadness was tempered by not only the realization that this timeline was likely better off since it had always had its God of Destruction, but also that her Ishtar was waiting for her.

With those thoughts in mind, Sarada smiled and made her way to the front of the group. She first scooped up the nexus device and deposited it away for safe-keeping. She next punched Zaofan in the back, then moved to stand beside him. "If you don't mind my asking, Asha'rah, what became of the Saiyans in this timeline? And how did you resolve your dispute in heaven with Zeno?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Er, yes actually," Blizzar blinked in surprise. It was unusual for a mission on Earth to not end with some vile reprobate attempting to punch you in the face, but Blizzar was thankful for this short reprieve. "Thank you, Asha'Rah. It seems likely that we may never meet again, but we are immensely grateful for your assistance."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "....Well of course......With the non stop threats to the world its just been...."

Etrina continued statement caught in her throat as her face turned red. Her mind suddenly spinning in reaction to his words. Realized they haven't been spending time together? That he should commit himself more? Commitment? Zaofan? Commitment to her? No...No Way.....they only just had one, but maybe it planted the seeds in his head. Then the other hers tragic backstory....and now.....

Breath, Breath damnit! This was suppose to happen the other way around! There was no acceptance plan in play....STAY CALM. Just...Just have to accept it naturally....make it seem like you were expecting it all day. Your a time mage, of course you were. Then call him idiot for taking so long....on, a sheep....wait no, that might spoil the mood. But maybe he'd like that......But I have to accept first, but not too quickly or I'll look weak....but not too slow or I'll make him feel bad.....Maybe a 3 second period of knowing smirk, then a happy smile and 'of course I'll marry you, idiot'......I mean Sheep! No wait...I mean.......but this would......No this way is....

So consumed with her thoughts, The moment Zaofans hands clasped behind her back the mage nearly rocketed from her spot and without thinking fired her acceptance line. "Of course I'll marry you, idiot!"

Etrina froze, and started shaking violently.
    "Etrina? ETRINA?! Oh kami, what have I done?!" Zaofan holds her convulsing body steady, and jams a part of his cape between her teeth to prevent her from biting her own tongue off. "Mistress! Mistress please! Shush! SHHHH SHHHH!" he gently tries to calm her down and simultaneously put lay her on the ground.

"Aw geeze..."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Hey Zao...." White Etrina floated behind his head with a smirk you'd find on Dabura himself. ".....I'll be expecting plenty of service from now on unless you want me passing that image back to the chief. Hehehehehe...."
    "I uh. I meant she's pretty in the OBJECTIVE sense. Yeah, that's it!" Despite the Dragon's protection, only now in spite of the intense heat does he actually begin to sweat.

Alt Asha’rah pats Erosa on the head, smiling as she looks up at Zaofan and shakes her head.

“My husband, Zxu’ro, is not here now. He has been on a pillgramage for some time in Otherworld.”
    Looking a little dejected, Zaofan's shoulders slump. "Ah, I was hoping we could meet him -- any counterpart of his, really. He was a man before our time, you see. Is there any way to reach him?"

His shoulders and posture then straighten out upon another realization. "Wait. But if Zxu'Ro is here and he's also a master, then there must be some other counterpart to the schools from OUR Earth!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    His shoulders warping inward, his chest concave, his hand pressed against his sternum, his breath letting out a high-pitched wheeze, Zaofan can only reply with one word... senzu...!"

Sarada stood back and watched everything unfold before her with a contemplative frown. Asha'rah was the guardian of Earth in this timeline, a fitting role for one who - if her flesh body was any indication - fared far better than her Asha'rah. Sarada presumed that either Asha'rah opted another path instead of waging war with Heaven, or everything was settled peacefully. Either way, she also presumed that indar'en was still alive.

Which meant that Ishtar hadn't been born, since her existence was not a dire requirement to resettle the balance of creation.

A sad realization, but that sadness was tempered by not only the realization that this timeline was likely better off since it had always had its God of Destruction, but also that her Ishtar was waiting for her.

With those thoughts in mind, Sarada smiled and made her way to the front of the group. She first scooped up the nexus device and deposited it away for safe-keeping. She next punched Zaofan in the back, then moved to stand beside him. "If you don't mind my asking, Asha'rah, what became of the Saiyans in this timeline? And how did you resolve your dispute in heaven with Zeno?"
    The sudden and unexpected sting is enough for Zaofan's arms to jet back and try to reach behind him, as he tries to contain his screech of pain in silence.

He steps aside.
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-24-2019 at 05:08 PM.

She shook her head.

“Alas, I too took a War to Heaven and failed. I was banished, as I presume my counterpart was as well, and wandered long, much of myself forgotten. Upon arriving here and meeting Zxu’ro, however, I awakened myself in an attempt to heal the planet. It was an act of sacrifice, and somehow in that act I was freed of my metal body. Most of my power went into this world, and what remained took this form. As to the Saiyans.......I know not. I have dwelt here upon earth for a long time. As far as I know they exist.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Etrina? ETRINA?! Oh kami, what have I done?!" Zaofan holds her convulsing body steady, and jams a part of his cape between her teeth to prevent her from biting her own tongue off. "Mistress! Mistress please! Shush! SHHHH SHHHH!" he gently tries to calm her down and simultaneously put lay her on the ground.

"Aw geeze..."

"I uh. I meant she's pretty in the OBJECTIVE sense. Yeah, that's it!" Despite the Dragon's protection, only now in spite of the intense heat does he actually begin to sweat.

Looking a little dejected, Zaofan's shoulders slump. "Ah, I was hoping we could meet him -- any counterpart of his, really. He was a man before our time, you see. Is there any way to reach him?"

His shoulders and posture then straighten out upon another realization. "Wait. But if Zxu'Ro is here and he's also a master, then there must be some other counterpart to the schools from OUR Earth!"

His shoulders warping inward, his chest concave, his hand pressed against his sternum, his breath letting out a high-pitched wheeze, Zaofan can only reply with one word... [SIZE=1"]senzu...!"[/SIZE]

The sudden and unexpected sting is enough for Zaofan's arms to jet back and try to reach behind him, as he tries to contain his screech of pain in silence.

He steps aside.

“I know not. I have prolonged his life a fair amount with my power, and through that he has sought more martial mastery from those in the afterlife. I believe Supreme Kai Sihn And Goddess of Destruction Ishtar have also called upon his aid once or twice.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

His shoulders warping inward, his chest concave, his hand pressed against his sternum, his breath letting out a high-pitched wheeze, Zaofan can only reply with one word... [SIZE=1"]senzu...!"[/SIZE]

He steps aside.
    Sarada cackled and laughed. "One would think you'd be used to getting hit, Zao."

She shook her head.

“Alas, I too took a War to Heaven and failed. I was banished, as I presume my counterpart was as well, and wandered long, much of myself forgotten. Upon arriving here and meeting Zxu’ro, however, I awakened myself in an attempt to heal the planet. It was an act of sacrifice, and somehow in that act I was freed of my metal body. Most of my power went into this world, and what remained took this form. As to the Saiyans.......I know not. I have dwelt here upon earth for a long time. As far as I know they exist.”
    Oh? She was wrong in her presumptions. That was usually the case, but she was surprised to hear that this Asha'rah led a similar life to her Asha'rah, only deviating once she met Zxu'ro, whoever that was.

This, of course meant that Indar'en was dead. Which also meant that, in all likelihood, Ishtar was now the God of Destruction of this universe. If not, then she was well on her way.

As for the Saiyans, as far as she knew, they existed. Not the most satisfying of answers, but it was one nonetheless.

"Well. Maybe I'll come back and see about them. What about Ishtar? Is she the GoD here? Have you met her before?"

“I know not. I have prolonged his life a fair amount with my power, and through that he has sought more martial mastery from those in the afterlife. I believe Supreme Kai Sihn And Goddess of Destruction Ishtar have also called upon his aid once or twice.”
    "Oh, well that answers one of my questions," she commented. And that other name, Ishtar had told her about him and how he was trying to manage all the universes that had been sealed away by Zeno. Maybe one day she'd meet him.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 01-24-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

"Aw geeze..."
    "Mpprrrrhh?" Etrina comes back to her sense, no with a piece of cape shoved in her mouth and Zaofan holding her to the ground.

Wait.....what scene was playing out again.....?

Spitting the cape out, Etrina reflexively grabs her future husband by the head and drives her knee into his stomach. "Ugh.....I can't believe I got surprised by all that. Idiot, deliver if your gonna get me worked up like that."

Glacier landed hard mere feet from the spot where Parsley and Ishtar had been standing moments earlier, creating a sizable trench in the already ruined ground as he slid to a volatile stop. He struggled to his knees, grunting and groaning in permeable pain. The two hidden onlookers immediately noticed that there was something different about him. From Koorimaru and Blizzar, plus whatever dealings they had with other Arcosians, it was well known that they all sounded the same. It was an evolutionary quirk that confounded onlookers and sent rippling giggles through throngs of Frost Demons.

However, Glacier sounded much different. He sounded not so much more refined, but just... different. This was startling in and of itself. Add in the fact that she could slightly understand what he was saying and Parsley was staggered.
    "Damned simian! I should have wiped out his entire godforsaken race the very moment I first considered it!" Glacier rose to his feet in time to shoot back to avoid Vocado's pending charge. The Super Saiyan didn't relent, quickly closing the gap and engaging Glacier again.

The collision of their blows created shockwaves that made the very ground under them all tremble and shatter like fragile glass. It was breathtaking, the power on display. Not just the power, but the technique; or rather, the absence of any immediately recognizable one. Even still, Parsley's martial eye detected the rudimentary fundamentals of Saiyan-Do, the base fighting form from which her White Fang, Sarada's Crimson Fist, and so many other fighting forms implemented by Saiyan warriors were derived from.

The fighting was savage and desperate. Vocado's rage was tangible; it poured out of his every pore like a thick smoke, choking and strangling the very air around them. Glacier's own rage was comparable, but from a different sort. It was indignation, obviously derived from the assumed affront that his slaves dared to rise against him and revolt. To find himself locked in mortal combat with one, was unthinkable.

To consider that he was losing was even more so.

A thunderous collision sent both fighters spiraling out of control briefly before they righted themselves.

"You're finished, Glacier," Vocado declared. "You're going to die on this hellish wasteland you've built for yourself. A fitting end, I'd say."

Glacier growled furiously. "What did you say?! I'm going to die? OHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!" Well, at least the laugh was the same. "My dear ape, I dare say you have it all wrong. You see, a mere monkey can never overcome the will of a god such as myself. And now that I've allowed you your fun, I'm going to take my time picking you apart, limb from limb. Hmhmhm, just like I did that little bald creature."

For some reason, the mention of that little bald creature doused the already roaring flames of Vocado's anger in gas. "Bald creature? Are you talking about Klearin?!" His golden aura exploded, filling the sky in its luminescence. "I'LL KILL YOU!!" he roared as he shot forward.

Glacier exploded forward to meet him, and the hellacious battle resumed.

Parsley's blood was pumping. There she was, right in the midst of this legendary battle that shaped her race's future in ways that neither combatant could have dreamed of. She realized the opportunity she had before her. She bore witness to a fight that no one else had laid eyes on. Historians were going to love her!
    "Incredibl-Oh." Unless she was mistaken, Vocado was looking right at them. He must have, because why else would he have gotten distracted enough to miss the massive haymaker that nearly knocked his head off and sent him flying into a nearby mountain.
    As Ishtar watched the two combatants trade words, and blows, she couldn't help but note how rattled Glacier was.

There was no composure in his voice, or bearing. None of the pomp that Blizzar, or even Koorimaru comported themselves with. Simply a borderline madness that permeated everything -- down to the savage blows he brought to bear against Vocado -- and reminded Ishtar of Nergal. And as the battle continued it seemed as if the cause was much the same. Glacier had never once been stood up to in this manner, by what was deemed to be a 'lesser' being. That Vocado was, and seemed to be close to winning was ... too much to stomach.

Of course despite the bubbling madness, Glacier was not without his taunts, and the mention of a Klearin being picked to pieces sent Vocado into a rage that was palpable, even from the distance the Oni now stood.

Another thing that was, however, was excitement.

Despite having little claim to Saiyan heritage beyond what she shared thanks to Sarada, Ishtar certainly found herself enjoying the show. At least until Vocado locked eyes with her; and was batted into a mountain.

No matter. This was just a simulation, after all.
    Which... did very little to quell the thundering thump in her chest that was her heart when Glacier noticed her and Ishtar and started flying in their direction. "Shit!"

He landed softly. A pair of dead, white eyes glared menacingly at the both of them. His power beat on them like a pair of massive wings; the pressure produced was almost too much to stand up to. "Well, well. What have we here? A pair of stragglers? How fortunate that your waffling has given me a pair of examples with which to taunt that incessantly impudent animal. And that one of them is a Saiyan is all the better." He regarded Ishtar and frowned. "Hm, and an Oni. I never thought I'd see one in person. How... wonderful."

His smile was chilling as he advanced toward them.
    ... and then Glacier touched down a few meters away, and began speaking, about her in particular.

Which didn't seem proper, considering previous scenarios in the Pendulum Room, the time-locked individuals generally unable to do much more than carry out their already played out paths. Yet here the Arcosian was, eyes fixed and smiling almost hungrily; Vocado seemingly forgotten for the moment.

Which meant ...

"Ahh ..."

The Oni took a single step backwards, mindful of the almost overwhelming energy coming from Glacier. "What you hoped it might be ? Seeing an Oni, that is ?" As she stepped back, the Oni slipped silently into Spəntā Aēšma, Stage 1, and Araska.

Yes, it was a mindscape, yes she was nowhere near as strong as Parsley -- for now, and the next short while -- and yes dying here meant little ... but that didn't mean she was going to simply wait for the beating, and inevitable death to commence without trying to mitigate the damage.

OT: 5
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Praxat taps Zaofan on the shoulder " Hey you mind telling me who Master Zxu'ro is ? Well I happy that your master in this world is still alive Zaofan , but I have a feeling that Master Khan the one who thought me martial arts is no longer among the living in this world. I don't know much about martial schools expect for the schools that Master Khan told me about . Include the school he was a practitioner at a school called Raijin Seijin Ken ( Thunder Saint Fist) School," Praxat said.

OOC: Praxat doesn't know that Zxu'ro isn't Zaofan's master.

OOC 2: What Praxat sounds like ( cut to 0:35)

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-25-2019 at 05:58 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    In the brig Turk walks around. " Hmm hopefully they don't put me through an identification scanner than they would found out who I actually I am. I'm sure I'm in their databases ," Turk said to himself.
    OT: for Cleric in case this was missed.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

OT: for Cleric in case this was missed.
    Turk finds himself in an interrogation room with a robotic GP officer.

“Name, race, age, occupation, reason for being in Namek’s orbit.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Turk finds himself in an interrogation room with a robotic GP officer.

“Name, race, age, occupation, reason for being in Namek’s orbit.”
    " My Name is Bob Voyager Mustard. I'm fifty years old and I was on my way to one of Metric Inc's fashion shows, They were show casing a new fashion line called Atlas for Female Titans, Namek just happen to be on the path there. As for my occupation I'm just a repairman and as from race I'm a Gremlin," Turk said with a calmly. ( Okay Metric Inc have a fashion show is true but the part about me going there is a lie, and the part about me being arepair man is also a lie , and the name I just give him isn't even my real name) Turk thought to himself as he whistle.
    My Forum check it out

At the Lookout Qaztoh walks towards Althena and Meagan then stops " Well at lest there's thermal gloves I gave Praxat is going keep her save from extreme temperatures on that Fire elemental's home world. Speaking which I also give a couple more of those gloves so she could give them to the others," Qaztoh said. Qaztoh walks around in a circle pacing herself. " This might sound strange but I have actually met a person similar to that fire elemental before and he was alien name Pyrrhos Vigor , He was a scary looking dude whos body was always covering in fire , he was always so serious, and he's a member of that space pirate crew I was with for 3 years," Qaztoh Said.
    "This is what I mean." Meagan turns to Althena, "You need to make yourself well educated in all of the different species and races in the known universe, and beyond. It seems that Qaztoh has had more practical experience in the greater universe than you have, unless I am mistaken. A Guardian can't limit him or herself solely to the planet they are protecting. As important as it is to watch over your world, you should let yourself step out into the universe. Being here on Earth is a good way of beginning, but there are other worlds you should visit as well."
    Last edited by Tami; 01-25-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.