Page 62 of 782 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    P-Sta quickly checks his data pad, flipping through page after page of the galaxy's most wanted, hoping to identify some of the dastardly villains present here.
    He identifies Borgos, his companions Tallas and Noome. He sees Marduk, a known assassin and enforcer, and he recognizes two Frost Demons: Icelin and Shiver. All known fugatives and all highly wanted by GP.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Borgos is sitting at 8000, his companions both at 6,500.
    He wasn't that much stronger than her at full power, but he was strong enough that it required her and another to take down. That wasn't even factoring in the other two.

The problem was even at full power, the two weaker Saiyans would give them issues. 'The strongest Saiyan is named Borgos. He's a known space pirate these days. Not sure who his two companions are, but they're strong enough to give us trouble,' she informed the others through Slak's mental link. 'If a fight breaks out, concentrate on Borgos first.'

With a sigh, she approached the three Saiyans. "Hmph. I figured you might show up here. Borgos, right?"
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 05-22-2018 at 08:48 AM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The interior lighting was surprisingly good, and the group gets a wide and clear look at the other buyers (no sign of any of the missing Saiyans or any other slave).

Among the buyer races are renegade Saiyans, a few humans, Tuffles, Ankoku-seijin, Beenz, Frost Demons, a few actual demons, one Oni, a few robots, one of the Bibidi (Babidi’s race), and a few more.
    The mix of races here gave Ishtar something to consider as the she kept an eye out for the Junjo and the captured slaves. At the end of the day however, it was quite obvious that finding, saving, and escaping with those that had been taken would be no easy thing. To say nothing if a fight happened to spill out. If the worst came about however the Oni was prepared the asteroid was small, it would be a simple affair to simply crush the thing.

The Oni, older and grizzled, sees Ishtar and sneers at her.

She recognizes him. His name is Marduk, a formerly fairly high ranking guard from Otherworld. He went rogue years ago, disappearing after slaying two other Oni.
    As the golden-eyed Oni searched however she found a familiar face. One who, like Nunlil, had abdicated his duties yet ... his had been after slaughtering two of their kind. Something of a sore point... And as Ishtar's eyes passed over him then, she saw that he recognized her as well. And was that a sneer? ...

The Oni smirked.

"Hello, Marduk."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The mix of races here gave Ishtar something to consider as the she kept an eye out for the Junjo and the captured slaves. At the end of the day however, it was quite obvious that finding, saving, and escaping with those that had been taken would be no easy thing. To say nothing if a fight happened to spill out. If the worst came about however the Oni was prepared the asteroid was small, it would be a simple affair to simply crush the thing.

As the golden-eyed Oni searched however she found a familiar face. One who, like Nunlil, had abdicated his duties yet ... his had been after slaughtering two of their kind. Something of a sore point... And as Ishtar's eyes passed over him then, she saw that he recognized her as well. And was that a sneer? ...

The Oni smirked.

"Hello, Marduk."
    “Ishtar.”

The gravely voice is filled with disdain.

“Off your chain I see.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    He wasn't that much stronger than her at full power, but he was strong enough that it required her and another to take down. That wasn't even factoring in the other two.

The problem was, she wasn't at full power yet, so even the two weaker Saiyans would give them issues. 'The strongest Saiyan is named Borgos. He's a known space pirate these days. Not sure who his two companions are, but they're strong enough to give us trouble,' she informed the others through Slak's mental link. 'If a fight breaks out, concentrate on Borgos first.'
    OT:

At this point t they are at just about full power.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT:

At this point t they are at just about full power.
    OOC: Ah, okay. I'll make a slight edit in that case.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The problem was even at full power, the two weaker Saiyans would give them issues. 'The strongest Saiyan is named Borgos. He's a known space pirate these days. Not sure who his two companions are, but they're strong enough to give us trouble,' she informed the others through Slak's mental link. 'If a fight breaks out, concentrate on Borgos first.'

With a sigh, she approached the three Saiyans. "Hmph. I figured you might show up here. Borgos, right?"
    Borgos just ignores her utterly. His female companion does the same, but the third, the one with shaved head on the sides, glances at her.

“We don’t know you. Leave, before no one ever knows you again.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Ishtar.”

The gravely voice is filled with disdain.

“Off your chain I see.”
    There was no mistaking the contempt that rolled off of Marduk as he spoke. Though his words were true to a point, the Afterlife had been- in many ways- a prison.

Ishtar nods, the smirk never faltering.

"Yes, I am ... and I did not need to kill anyone, to do so."

Flashing a smile after the verbal jab, Ishtar then glances at what Marduk had been looking at before.

"So what brings one like you here?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Borgos just ignores her utterly. His female companion does the same, but the third, the one with shaved head on the sides, glances at her.

“We don’t know you. Leave, before no one ever knows you again.”
    "Hmph. You will."

With that, she turned on her heels and returned to the group. Shit. I forgot how dismissive we can be to strangers. Guess Vocado has spoiled me. Heh.

Ironic, that. But, she didn't let it shake her resolve or confidence. If anything, she was going to make sure those three clowns knew exactly who she was before she sent them packing to the Otherworld. If they got in her way once the time to free the slaves came. Then again, even after this was over, she may hunt them down and make them pay for ignoring her. Once she was stronger, of course; at this rate, that wouldn't be too much longer.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she casually looked around a sudden realization struck her, "We're in over our heads and have no idea what we are even doing here." Working in trying to keep a low profile, suppressing her Ki and using her training to blend in, she still manged to survey those around her, many of the species she recognized but not all. Of those she recognized, some would give her Mentor a good fight.

Pausing in her movements, she took a moment to uses her sense to pinpoint the locations of her team members. Some she saw nearby, others were harder to locate. The fact that she couldn't find Adam actually made her feel better. Hes' their ace-in-a-hole, a term she may have picked up from Jack, though she's not sure.
    Continuing to move forward, she stays close to the edges of the crowds. Those who are here, the buyers, were not her focus. Instead, Meagan was seeking out the captives and/or a way to create a distraction once the captives were located. There was a chance Adam or one of the others on her team manage to locate the holding area and free them, but even if they did, she needed to find a way to get them off the asteroid without being seen of stopped by the assorted buyers.

The only way she knew how to do this was to carefully explore the facility. She wasn't sure what she might find, but was hopeful whatever she comes across will be useful.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Midori and Shiro walked around the gathering, looking over the beings here to buy slaves. Frowning, Shiro added each face she saw to her memory, planning to find them and free their slaves from their fate. Beside her, Midori gritted her teeth as she clenched and unclenched her hands rhythmically, her own sense of justice and desire to help making her want nothing more than to say 'screw it' and begin delivering punishment upon these horrid beings.

Shiro took a look at her sister and grabbed hold of her hand as she muttered softly "Calm down, Midori. We'll help the victims, but it won't be by beginning a brawl right here."

Midori took a deep breath, releasing it as a slow sigh before she said "You're right. But it just makes me so angry, and I want nothing more than to give these monsters justice."

"I know." Shiro replied, then said "Let's go talk to some of these beings. Maybe we can learn more about them and find out where they live so we can free the slaves they keep their."

Midori nodded as they moved up to one of the robots, and with a bow Shiro managed to say in a friendly voice "Hello sir. My name is Shiro and this is my sister Midori. What brings you here?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

He identifies Borgos, his companions Tallas and Noome. He sees Marduk, a known assassin and enforcer, and he recognizes two Frost Demons: Icelin and Shiver. All known fugatives and all highly wanted by GP.
    P-Sta draped his cloak over himself to better hide himself aND slipped his Galaxy Police badge into his pocket. "Gonna throw the book at all of you! Just you wait! ...provided my compatriots don't slaughter you all first..." the patrolman, thought.

He remained silent for now, though he couldn't help but glare at these highly wanted criminals as he walked about with the others.

Apart from the others Ochazuke wandered the aisles and alleys of the meteoric black market alone. As he searched for that foetid air about the Junjo slave dealers that they'd known so well moments before, it did not escape him the breadth and charge of those gathered here to purchase these newly-acquired slaves.

There would be Arcosians and Saiyans, how fitting.

Even while in Jinzi's Geofront and Evangeline's Lookout over the world, he'd heard so often that Earth was a nadir in the universe, the bottom point where refuse slunk toward for desperate asylum and little else. So involved had he been in fighting for the life of his own planet that he'd never stopped to consider what was out there that the offworlders among them would deign to lower themselves from. This days-long excursion - although who could tell what the true length of that nightmare conjured by the Junjo was - into space was decidedly less unfamiliar than he was expecting; The trappings were different, be they metal construct, fields of energy that were but illusory until they stole the air, or a slave-city hewn through rock hurtling through the stars, yet it was all the same to him.

In these lawless lands, only the ruthless survive. Hidden away from accountability, they make slaves of the rest, as if dependence would grant them true strength.

The reach of the Junjo could not be underestimated; they were swift enough to make it to Earth and silent enough to go unaccounted for as they slipped away to this criminal's bazaar. But now they were aware, and his strength had returned. Sealed in by the pocket of air behind the barrier, Ochazuke stretched his awareness over the whole thing to get a sense of the structure of the meteor, any points of access, the sources of the cloaking fields, and any Junjo.
    Last edited by grampagen; 05-22-2018 at 11:35 AM.

The Oni, older and grizzled, sees Ishtar and sneers at her.

She recognizes him. His name is Marduk, a formerly fairly high ranking guard from Otherworld. He went rogue years ago, disappearing after slaying two other Oni.

The three seem to be together, the ones on either end, aren’t familiar. The middle one Sarada only knows by reputation. A space pirate named Borgos, infamous amongst Saiyans for his brutality and crimes.
    Borgos is sitting at 8000, his companions both at 6,500.
    He identifies Borgos, his companions Tallas and Noome. He sees Marduk, a known assassin and enforcer, and he recognizes two Frost Demons: Icelin and Shiver. All known fugitives and all highly wanted by GP.
    Going from vendor to vendor, checking out different goods non-nonchalantly, using his trusty staff Bojack as a walking stick, his cape comfortably over his shoulders, and his posture slightly crooked, Zaofan leans towards Etrina to speak out of of his mouth. "I sense some major powers here. In addition to us, that is. Some of them are grouped together. I think one is close to Ishtar. A couple others whom I've never felt before. We should stay on our guard. If a fight breaks out, they'll be strong enough to give us a lot of trouble."

Looking around the markets to better gauge the place, he notices that, even though it's a different planet altogether, the environment functions like any other area of commerce. They would just need something to exchange. He adds, "...but this place isn't just for bartering goods and services, legal or not. This is also a place of information. Whatever we can find out can be helpful for us. The local clientele would be much more welcoming of us if we have resources and knowledge to trade. Keep your eyes and ears peeled."

"Hmph. You will."

With that, she turned on her heels and returned to the group. Shit. I forgot how dismissive we can be to strangers. Guess Vocado has spoiled me. Heh.

Ironic, that. But, she didn't let it shake her resolve or confidence. If anything, she was going to make sure those three clowns knew exactly who she was before she sent them packing to the Otherworld. If they got in her way once the time to free the slaves came. Then again, even after this was over, she may hunt them down and make them pay for ignoring her. Once she was stronger, of course; at this rate, that wouldn't be too much longer.
    Jack moved over to get nearer to Sarada.

Apparently, Sarada knew who they were, though they did not seem to know her. Which was probably for the best. If they did know who Sarada was, it would probably blow the groups cover.

The Leader, or at least the most powerful of the saiyins, which seemed to be synonymous in their culture, was roughly equal to Jack's own power. Considering the other two were weaker, Jack felt pretty confident that the three of them would not be a danger to his own group as a whole, although he still kept a wary eye on them. For any individual, or even two of his companions, these three did present a problem.

"What's the story on them?" Jack asked Sarada, "Gonna be a problem?"