Page 63 of 782 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163563 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ochazuke can feel three different airlocks aside from the large one they came in from.

He can sense about 100 Junjo.

He can also sense the roughly 300 “slaves” deep inside the asteroid.

He can also sense a strange energy coming from a room marked as armoury.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The robot looks at Midori and Shiro.

“I am here at the behest of my owner. You?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Marduk simply grunts.

“They have something special. I deem to acquire it. Why are you here, Ishtar?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A large Junjo, twice the size of a normal one, calls out to the crowd.

“Purchases are ready. The first batch will be brought to stage for auction. Prepare your credits.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

“Purchases are ready. The first batch will be brought to stage for auction. Prepare your credits.”
    Meagan swore silently, then looked around as she moved through the crowd, trying to find a way to stall the sale. If even a single innocent was sold, she'd never forgive herself.

OOC: Have to go soon, will be back in a few hours. Cleric, did Meagan see anything or notice anything that might help her?
    Last edited by Tami; 05-22-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ochazuke can feel three different airlocks aside from the large one they came in from.

He can sense about 100 Junjo.

He can also sense the roughly 300 “slaves” deep inside the asteroid.

He can also sense a strange energy coming from a room marked as armoury.
    Ochazuke relayed the information over the communication link.

"Besides the buyers, we have quite a large host here," he said, "and they've made several more acquisitions than the one we know of."

He panned his vision over to the airlocks, glancing over from the one they made their entrance from.

"With how scattered this little operation is, every entrance is also an exit. A scramble from the centre, well..."

Pandemonium, as ever, may be the saving grace by which this group made its escape. But with 300 slaves there would be nowhere to take them.

Already the auction had begun. Yet knowing how these Junjo slavers operated, the bidder naturally would have to be stronger than the Saiyan - or other - acquisition by some means. Doubtless, for those interested in acquiring an ornamental warrior without this, it would be coerced through some artificial device.

Whoever possesses the power is always relative.

Still, that they were lining up their sales meant there was no time to waste.

Let's see if we can even the odds. Ochazuke thought to himself as he approached the Junjo armoury.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack moved over to get nearer to Sarada.

Apparently, Sarada knew who they were, though they did not seem to know her. Which was probably for the best. If they did know who Sarada was, it would probably blow the groups cover.

The Leader, or at least the most powerful of the saiyins, which seemed to be synonymous in their culture, was roughly equal to Jack's own power. Considering the other two were weaker, Jack felt pretty confident that the three of them would not be a danger to his own group as a whole, although he still kept a wary eye on them. For any individual, or even two of his companions, these three did present a problem.

"What's the story on them?" Jack asked Sarada, "Gonna be a problem?"
    "Renegade Saiyans are always trouble," she answered Jack when he approached her requesting some intel. Borgos was the same power level – at least on the surface – as Jack. Remembering that gave her a little more confidence, but with as crowded as this place was, a fight of any magnitude was going to create chaos.

Then again, there was no better distraction that chaos. Anything to give then some time to get the slaves away. Self preservation would dictate that most of the would-be combatants not go all out, in risk of blowing a hole in the side of the asteroid and killing not only everyone else but themselves also.

"I'm going to keep an eye on them. If shit jumps off, they'll be right in the middle of it."

It was time. The first batch of slaves were about to be offered, and they had no plan and no details other than what Ochazuke relayed to them.

300 slaves was far too many for them to get away on Enoki's ship. They'd have to steal another one just to have enough room.

Regardless, they needed to make their move, and fast. One person being sold meant the operation was a failure.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Marduk simply grunts.

“They have something special. I deem to acquire it. Why are you here, Ishtar?”
    Ishtar nods. Simple enough, and should it be something that would require her intervention such would come to pass.

"I see."

After a moment of considering a response, the golden-eyed Oni simply shrugs, then.

"There are several here who have not paid me what is due ... I come to settle outstanding debts."

Tilting her head slightly, the Oni offers her own grunt, before turning her attention back to Marduk.

"Perhaps we will have further business. Perhaps not. Time will tell, I suppose."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Most efficient would be to expose the asteroid to vacuum, killing well over 90% of the slavers here. It would kill almost all the victims and his allies however.

Adam does find the slave pins deep under where they landed. About three to four hundred of various races. He sees the Saiyans, a few Namekians, some humans, at least two GP officers who had been taken, and over two hundred Chromaki.
    The captives are a secondary objective. Adam keeps looking, trying to find central command, the offices or other chambers of the leader, but most importantly the power source for this place.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

P-Sta glanced over at the large Junjo. He seemed to run the auction, but was he in charge of the whole slaving enterprise. Time would tell. But for now something would have to be done if they wanted to prevent more of this decrepit business from clawing it's way into the heart of the galaxy.

"Pssst...I think we're in need of a distraction..." P-Sta whispered over the comm-link. "I can buy us some time while a plan is formed, I think."

With that, P-sta stepped up towards the stage, standing in the midst of the crowd, preparing to offer their bids.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 05-22-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    P-Standard glanced over at the large Junjo. He seemed to run the auction, but was he in charge of the whole slaving enterprise. Time would tell. But for now something would have to be done if they wanted to prevent more of this decrepit business from clawing it's way into the heart of the galaxy.

"Pssst...I think we're in need of a distraction..." P-Sta whispered over the comm-link. "I can buy us some time while a plan is formed, I think."

With that, P-sta stepped up towards the stage, standing in the midst of the crowd, preparing to offer their bids.
    Watching from afar in the middle of the crowd, in a corner further from several of the others of the group, Zaofan's eyes widen as P-Sta takes the stage. "Ooooh, I hope Pasta knows what he's doing."

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    The captives are a secondary objective. Adam keeps looking, trying to find central command, the offices or other chambers of the leader, but most importantly the power source for this place.

It seems central command is off asteroid just in case. The leader conducts business via comm channel and satellite images.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“First up! As other auctions in the past, hardline goods first, slaves last. Now, we have this!”

A massive screen behind the Junjo seller shows a large ship docked.

“A top of the line Galaxy Police Cruiser, Hammer Class! Captured last week, it’s the newest ship out of the dry docks. 10,000 starting credits!”

P-sta, Enoki, and anyone from space would know that ship can hold several hundred people. It’s a troop transport or relief transport depending on your preference.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke relayed the information over the communication link.

"Besides the buyers, we have quite a large host here," he said, "and they've made several more acquisitions than the one we know of."

He panned his vision over to the airlocks, glancing over from the one they made their entrance from.

"With how scattered this little operation is, every entrance is also an exit. A scramble from the centre, well..."

Pandemonium, as ever, may be the saving grace by which this group made its escape. But with 300 slaves there would be nowhere to take them.

Already the auction had begun. Yet knowing how these Junjo slavers operated, the bidder naturally would have to be stronger than the Saiyan - or other - acquisition by some means. Doubtless, for those interested in acquiring an ornamental warrior without this, it would be coerced through some artificial device.

Whoever possesses the power is always relative.

Still, that they were lining up their sales meant there was no time to waste.

Let's see if we can even the odds. Ochazuke thought to himself as he approached the Junjo armoury.
    Two smaller ones stare at him and point blasters, indicating for him to leave.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“First up! As other auctions in the past, hardline goods first, slaves last. Now, we have this!”

A massive screen behind the Junjo seller shows a large ship docked.

“A top of the line Galaxy Police Cruiser, Hammer Class! Captured last week, it’s the newest ship out of the dry docks. 10,000 starting credits!”

P-sta, Enoki, and anyone from space would know that ship can hold several hundred people. It’s a troop transport or relief transport depending on your preference.
    "Great Kaioshin!" P-Sta exclaimed to himself. How did they manage to aquire a Hammer Class cruiser. Whatever the answer was, P-Sta knew he couldn't let this fall into the wrong hands.

"30,000!!" He bid.