Page 647 of 782 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697747 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 11718
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar closed his eyes and chuckled slightly. "A problem you may have, but you're one of my only associates who truly appreciates the fine art of risktaking."

"Well, it's certainly a good thing that it hasn't come to that yet, has it?" Blizzar shrugged, in a mildly smug tone. "How much did you put down on the big amphibian, my friend?" The Arcosian inquired.
    Blizzar really does play the game well...I don't know if I'm impressed, or slightly concerned....

"Well, he certainly looks strong enough, but I usually like to atleast see what they've got before I put my faith--"

He glanced at the screen showcasing the tournament area below, "--And more importantly my money on someone. I thought 600,000 or so should be decent. Enough to take have some fun, but it's after the opening rounds, that's where I'm really hoping to cut loose."

He laughed following a sip from his goblet.

"I half thought about doing a bracket, but sometimes it's more fun to fly by the seat of your pants, eh? Not to mention, I like to make atleast slightly informed decisions...Even if it's by a few minutes and the skin of my teeth."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena writes down note on something that pertains to the Big Papa Toadill and Deathstalker match up on the drawing Big Papa Toadil in her own language and hands it to Blizzar which reads. as a Toadian Big Papa Toadil is actually very resistant to heat since his body has a extremely high resistance to electricity close enough to be pretty much immune to it. the problem for him won't be the heat , It's going to be the side effects of the heat. Also if you're right about this evolution thing then Big Papa Toadil would be far from the strongest of his race here since female Toadians are bigger and stronger than they're male counterparts.

So if he's that big than a female Toadian here would be at least fifty percent bigger or even 100 percent bigger than he is and mostly likely much stronger! Althena cross her arms " I don't do betting Mr. Incenio , I find such a thing not to be honorable!" Althena said
    "Eh?" Held laughed, "Why's that? There's no dishonor in gambling on fighters. It might be a bit..unseemly to some, but I'd say there are far worse hobbies to have."

He reclined against the couch, closing his eyes.

"Besides, I would argue that putting money on a fighter--Putting skin in the game--is worth more than a mere cheer, or hopes. You share their victory, and their defeat, after all...And if you think of money as an expression of one's will--Wait, no. I've had too much to drink."

He opened his eyes again, thinking as he starred at the ceiling.

"If you consider a bet on a person to be an investment, or even faith on what they might accomplish, I would argue there are few higher compliments...Well, atleast during an event like this."

He laughed again, taking a deep swig of his drink, before laughing madly.

"Well, if you're the type of person who takes things that seriously anyways, I'd just as easily pick names out of a hat if I thought it were more fun, but hey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Eh?" Held laughed, "Why's that? There's no dishonor in gambling on fighters. It might be a bit..unseemly to some, but I'd say there are far worse hobbies to have."

He reclined against the couch, closing his eyes.

"Besides, I would argue that putting money on a fighter--Putting skin in the game--is worth more than a mere cheer, or hopes. You share their victory, and their defeat, after all...And if you think of money as an expression of one's will--Wait, no. I've had too much to drink."

He opened his eyes again, thinking as he starred at the ceiling.

"If you consider a bet on a person to be an investment, or even faith on what they might accomplish, I would argue there are few higher compliments...Well, atleast during an event like this."

He laughed again, taking a deep swig of his drink, before laughing madly.

"Well, if you're the type of person who takes things that seriously anyways, I'd just as easily pick names out of a hat if I thought it were more fun, but hey!"

" It goes against the philosophy of my martial arts . the philosophy of my marital arts states that one shall not allow themselves to be tempting by greed for it is the path to ruin." Althena said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-21-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

A tall, beautiful, elegant women walked out in what seemed like an expensive gown instead of martial gear. She smirks as the Toadian fighter, dwarfing her, walks out against her.

The fight starts and Toadil launches a blistering barrage of kicks and punches, but Vatta simply smiles and dodges each one with flawless grace. Her movements, even in the dress, is quick and effortless.

Toadil hops back and unleashes lightning strikes from his mouth, the bolts crackling but Vatta simple holds a hand up and blocks each one.

When he settles back, she smirks and dashes forward on her high heeled shoes at speeds that shouldn’t be possible. Her strikes are impossible to count for most, and she clearly lands hundreds on Toadil, but to his credit the Toadian eats the damage with little evidence of harm.

Vatta flies back and up, looking him up and down as he leaps upward after her, hands glowing purple. He lands a punch to her face that doesn’t even move her, and the two begin an intricate ballet of punching and kicking that lasts a minute or so, mostly him not hitting her and her physical attacks not effecting his super durable body.

However, after a blistering series of kicks sent Toadil to the arena ground, Vatta starts powering up her fire attacks. Her arms engulf in molten slag and she rains down volcanic looking energy attacks on Toadil. His withstands most of it, but eventually he passes out due to an inability to breathe and falls unconscious. She relents and floats down, looking completely unruffled. She bows slightly at the cheering crowd as healers tended to Toadil and the arena was being cleaned up.

Incenio smiles.

“Seems Deathstalker made me some money. I’m sure Titanus will too.”

In a minute Titanus and Queen Sarada are shown to be the next match.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada grinned and cracked her knuckles. "Finally. Let's get this party started!" She hurried and stepped up into the ring. "Let's make it exciting!" she said when Titanus stepped in across from her.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada grinned and cracked her knuckles. "Finally. Let's get this party started!" She hurried and stepped up into the ring. "Let's make it exciting!" she said when Titanus stepped in across from her.
    The eight foot tall Titanus nods, slamming his fists together.

“Island And Earth Rage!”

He then slams a fist into Sarada’s stomache, doubling her over.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The eight foot tall Titanus nods, slamming his fists together.

“Island And Earth Rage!”

He then slams a fist into Sarada’s stomache, doubling her over.
    Sarada dropped to her knees and clutched her stomach. She hadn't expected this guy to jump on her right away.

Hehe.

The crimson energies of Scarlet Fever wrapped around her hands as she leaped up and slammed her knee into Titanus' chin.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada dropped to her knees and clutched her stomach. She hadn't expected this guy to jump on her right away.

Hehe.

The crimson energies of Scarlet Fever wrapped around her hands as she leaped up and slammed her knee into Titanus' chin.
    He staggers back, but snaps a kick out that tags Sarada in the knee, an audible sound of discloating it heard throughout the arena.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He staggers back, but snaps a kick out that tags Sarada in the knee, an audible sound of discloating it heard throughout the arena.
    "****!" Sarada crumpled to the ground, one hand pressed against the arena to brace herself while the other clutched at her knee. It felt dislocated, but she wasn't sure. What she was sure of was that her opponent wasn't hiding back.

Fine.

She rose to her feet, obviously favoring her bad leg and took off into the air while firing several blasts at Titanus to distract him.

With some distance between them, she looked him over with Offensive Intuition. If he had a weak spot, she would find it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

" Yeah I'll ask Jinzi for a loan since he is my boss. Then I should be in jail as well. I was kind of accomplice to Captain Stratovarius and his crew's crimes since I spent three years with them. I made their gear and did modifications and upgrades to their space ship." Qaztoh said.
    OOC: for Sub-Zero MKA in case this was missed.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nothing to see here
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-22-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    My Forum check it out

" Yeah I'll ask Jinzi for a loan since he is my boss. Then I should be in jail as well. I was kind of accomplice to Captain Stratovarius and his crew's crimes since I spent three years with them. I made their gear and did modifications and upgrades to their space ship." Qaztoh said.
    "Yes, you should be," Pinach responded bluntly. He then pointed a stern finger at her. "If you break the law, then you're an evildoer and deserve to spend time behind bars."

"If you confess to Officer Blizzar and agree to testify against the other pirates, I'm sure you'll get a short sentence" Rutaba added.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Yes, you should be," Pinach responded bluntly. He then pointed a stern finger at her. "If you break the law, then you're an evildoer and deserve to spend time behind bars."

"If you confess to Officer Blizzar and agree to testify against the other pirates, I'm sure you'll get a short sentence" Rutaba added.
    " Yes I was a juvenile delinquent , but I confessed to Officer Blizzar, and I even had a earthling name Khan hand over a ton of Space weed to the GP that I been hording. I made a deal with him and that deal was to make monthly payments to the Galaxy Police reconstruction fund after I told him everything. " Qaztoh said.
    My Forum check it out

" Yes I was a juvenile delinquent , but I confessed to Officer Blizzar, and I even had a earthling name Khan hand over a ton of Space weed to the GP that I been hording. I made a deal with him and that deal was to make monthly payments to the Galaxy Police reconstruction fund after I told him everything. " Qaztoh said.
    Space weed? Khan? These terms held no bearing on the two Heroes. "I don't know," Pinach said, rubbing his chin. "That sounds like a bribe, but Blizzar seems like an upstanding officer of the law! I guess it's all okay."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Titanus’ powerlevel jumps to over 800,000 as he bats the blasts away and appears behind her, kicking her back down to the arena. He powers up a red energy blast and throws it up into the sky, the crimson ball of light radiating as it spins high.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM