Page 653 of 782 FirstFirst ... 153553603643649650651652653654655656657663703753 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,795 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Anubis does a good job blocking, but eventually he’s maneuvered away and the rake strikes him, sending him down to the floor out if the arena. He catches himself, but not before a foot brushed the outside of the arena. He pauses, then shakes his head and bows to Bekon.

“Well played.”

E Bekon is declared the winner.
    Aw, a bit disappointing, that ring out, but a victory was a victory. Totoma descended, having caught his weapon and returned it to a compact form--an armband around his right wrist. Still, not a bad warm-up, and he'd managed to win without playing most of his hand.

His imperial mask 'cracked' a bit and he gave Anubis a genuine smile. "Your defense game is pretty solid; pretty fun match, if... cut short because of these rules. Come find me later if you're interested in a job... if that's your thing. Or maybe if you just want to really test your skills. But until then..." E Bekon gave Anubis a two-finger salute that, to those that knew him, was very reminiscent of a friend of theirs, and then made his way out of the arena to his seat.

Hm... what to do about that purebred...
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Aw, a bit disappointing, that ring out, but a victory was a victory. Totoma descended, having caught his weapon and returned it to a compact form--an armband around his right wrist. Still, not a bad warm-up, and he'd managed to win without playing most of his hand.

His imperial mask 'cracked' a bit and he gave Anubis a genuine smile. "Your defense game is pretty solid; pretty fun match, if... cut short because of these rules. Come find me later if you're interested in a job... if that's your thing. Or maybe if you just want to really test your skills. But until then..." E Bekon gave Anubis a two-finger salute that, to those that knew him, was very reminiscent of a friend of theirs, and then made his way out of the arena to his seat.

As E. Bekon left the Arena, Meagan, Meg Luna, cast her gaze in his direction. She then took a few steps towards him, as if wrestling with a desire to speak with him versus her desire to remain unobserved.

She then approached him, but said nothing. Waiting instead to see if he reacted to her approach.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-23-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Horn and the Voiceless are next, and the two start in right away. The cyborg’s blazing blade keeps the seductive demoness on her toes. Uneffected by her seductive aura like most men, the cyborg nailed multiple near lethal blows. However, she seemed to heal from them relatively quickly as the bout continues. Meanwhile, her claws tore chunks out of the cyborg, but some form of nano-healing keeps him going.

On and on the two brutally tore and cut into each other, but finally Horn proved the more viscous. She unleashed a blistering barrage of glowing talon strikes that severed the blade arm and one leg, then spun and used her tail to wrap around his neck and throw him bodily out of the arena.

Smirking, she blows a bloody kiss to the crowd who cheer as the Voiceless picks his arm up and walks off.

Incenio claps loudly.

“My my, what a lovely display of violence.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Anubis nods.

“You’ll hear from me again.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    E Bekon had emerged victorious. During the battle, Sarada had been analyzing Bekon's fighting style… and even that ridiculous rake of his.

What did she learn? His rake had three known abilities: a fire projectile, icy wind, and the ability to come to him with a subtle gesture and, she imagined, a mental command. He also had an energy projectile fired from his finger.

He was also reckless, allowing one of Anubis' blasts to hit him on purpose. It appeared he enjoyed the pain. A thing to account for later.

When the fight was over, Sarada walked away. There was no interest in speaking with Bekon or Anubis. Rather, she wanted to talk to Chris the Knife.
    Last post curse
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Last post curse
    He can be seen leaning in the back, twirling a knife and staring at the name board.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He can be seen leaning in the back, twirling a knife and staring at the name board.
    Ah, there he is.

Sarada kept her distance, wary and concerned that he was the same as he was in her timeline. "That's too bad about your match," she said. "I was looking forward to seeing what you could do."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Looks like this trip was worth it, about time." Golden-haired Saiyans and fire worlds were good an all, but there was no replacement for a good old slugfest. Knowing his turn was growing near made the boy jittery, forcing him to calm himself by withdrawing into the music blaring through his earbuds.

Thus began his most important pre-fight ritual; selecting a song to fight to.

Ah, there he is.

Sarada kept her distance, wary and concerned that he was the same as he was in her timeline. "That's too bad about your match," she said. "I was looking forward to seeing what you could do."
    “Cheh, just a lucky shot. Be careful, Meg Luna’s a sneaky fighter, your grace.”

He seems...... not quite like her version. This one seems less morally black and more a neutral grey.

“I just hope old man Samon or the Sgt makes it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As E. Bekon left the Arena, Meagan, Meg Luna, cast her gaze in his direction. She then took a few steps towards him, as if wrestling with a desire to speak with him versus her desire to remain unobserved.

She then approached him, but said nothing. Waiting instead to see if he reacted to her approach.
    One of the other contestants approached him... the one that had dispatched that 'Chris the Knife' with a surprising amount of speed and efficiency during her fight. It had clearly been a fluke, as far as he was concerned, but, fluke or not, a victory was a victory. Luck was a factor in any battle's outcome, after all.

"What is it?"

One of the other contestants approached him... the one that had dispatched that 'Chris the Knife' with a surprising amount of speed and efficiency during her fight. It had clearly been a fluke, as far as he was concerned, but, fluke or not, a victory was a victory. Luck was a factor in any battle's outcome, after all.

"What is it?"
    "You remind me of someone I know. Considering that you are a leader of your people, I was curious what was your stake in this contest. How badly do you wish to win it." Meg Luna spoke from under the hood of her cape, though she did look straight at him.

“Cheh, just a lucky shot. Be careful, Meg Luna’s a sneaky fighter, your grace.”

He seems...... not quite like her version. This one seems less morally black and more a neutral grey.

“I just hope old man Samon or the Sgt makes it.”
    Hm. He seems... less evil than my Chris.

Less evil, but still grey. Grey was good; it meant that he was less likely to kill her when she turned around to leave.

She knew how sneaky Meagan was more than Chris knew. "Yeah, lucky." Lucky for them all, that was. They were that much closer to completing this mission and being done with this timeline. "I'll keep that in mind. Luckily, if we do meet, it won't be until later on so I'll have her measure."

It occurred to her that she had never really paid much attention to how Meagan fought. They never spared, so the only chance she would have had was when they were fighting an enemy; and at that point, Sarada was too busy kicking ass to take stock in any one else. The next few rounds were going to be a learning experience.

"So, what's your story? Why do you want that prize?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"You remind me of someone I know. Considering that you are a leader of your people, I was curious what was your stake in this contest. How badly do you wish to win it." Meg Luna spoke from under the hood of her cape, though she did look straight at him.
    "I remind you of someone you know? You should choose your company better," said the Saiyan Emperor. After a brief pause, he continued: "And my only reason for being here is... recruitment. Beyond that, I don't have much interest in this tournament, except maybe that purebred, Sarada. She's piqued my interest enough for me to stick around and... play, I suppose."

"I remind you of someone you know? You should choose your company better," said the Saiyan Emperor. After a brief pause, he continued: "And my only reason for being here is... recruitment. Beyond that, I don't have much interest in this tournament, except maybe that purebred, Sarada. She's piqued my interest enough for me to stick around and... play, I suppose."
    "Then I wish you well in your recruitment, however I would caution you. Treating this as a game would leave both you and Sarada very disappointed. Thank you for speaking with me, your highness." Meg nodded her head, then turned to leave. What she had learned was enough for her.

"Then I wish you well in your recruitment, however I would caution you. Treating this as a game would leave both you and Sarada very disappointed. Thank you for speaking with me, your highness." Meg nodded her head, then turned to leave. What she had learned was enough for her.
    Well, Miss Luna certainly spoke of Sarada with... familiarity. Enough familiarity for the Saiyan Emperor to suspect they were in league with eachother... or at least knew each other. Odd. Purebreds were rare off-world--by design--and stragglers usually lived fairly solitary lives. Sarada's strength was also quite abnormal, and it seemed unlikely that she would pass under his radar. If she had been trained in secret to kill him, then one would think she'd be more hostile towards him...

Odd. Well, when they met in the ring, he could just ask Sarada. The one good thing he could say about purebreds is that they usually didn't see the point in lying.