Page 681 of 782 FirstFirst ... 181581631671677678679680681682683684685691731781 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,215 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley hung back and let the others have their chance at killing Haru. A pity; she had questions she knew he would have answers to. Perhaps they would let him live long enough for her to ask them.

OOC: Haru's PL drops another 10%, for a total of 20%.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Another five of the death beams are blasted and countered by a massive crimson beam.

Floating in the air at an angle from the rest, Alt Zaofan’s eyes glow a deep crimson.

“A Sheriff protects his people. Thea rare nyboeopke, and I aim to keep ‘em safe. None ya got me on yer tail, lads.”

Glacia glares daggers at the Sheriff.

“Traitor.” She hisses, riding up into the air, power flaring around her.

Alt Zaofan shakes his head.

“Nah, just finally back to who I was supposed to be before the Doctor.”

The two lunge at each other and the battle is on.
    Etrina glare flickers to the beam of energy heading her way. Which a flick of her wrist time stops around it, a moment later she is floating next to the frozen beam. Her new form gestures, hard crystallized ice entombing the tip of the beam and hardening around it before the mage stepped a short distance ahead and let the time lock drop....leaving the beam nowhere to go but attempt to pierce the katchin like ice.

"Pathetic......." The Majin Etrina gestured with her hand, and her foci flew up to her.....each had lost their individual colors in favor of Etrinas, appearing now as miniature versions of her new form(M included). They took up position in front of her and erected their barriers while Etrina eyes the fight between the sheriff and the hybrid with barely contained rage....waiting for an opportune moment to attack.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Down the hidden elevator and once the doors open Held finds that he is in the holding cell area. All are empty save one, where Althena is in. Outside her cell is a knocked out guard and a grinning Chris the Knife.

“You must be the Nevadian I kept hearing.”
    Hearing? Was this the guy who was on the other end of the bug that Blizzar was searching for? Of course he was...But, I'm not sure what to assume. Our Chris was out for himself, and the worst kind of guy...I can't afford to let my guard down, but I can't hold him being an ******* as a multiversal constant.

"And you must be...."

Held frowned slightly, as he swayed back and forth slightly, steadying himself against the elevator.

".....I have no idea who you are."

Was he coming to free Althena?

He stumbled closer, propping himself up against the wall as he trudged closer.

"But, is there a reason for all this c-c--"

He burped slightly as he looked at the unconscious guard.

"Commotion? Don't tell me you took a liking to my artist. We paid good money for her services, and I paid good money to have her bailed out, you--"

He paused, finally placing the face, seemingly, as his eyes widened with recognition.

"Oi! I know you! You're that guy that was in the tournament!"

He turned slightly, pointing an unsteady hand at the mercenary as he looked at his Toadian companion.

"Althena, it's that Knife The Chris guy! "
    Last edited by Miburo; 03-05-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley hung back and let the others have their chance at killing Haru. A pity; she had questions she knew he would have answers to. Perhaps they would let him live long enough for her to ask them.

OOC: Haru's PL drops another 10%, for a total of 20%.

" Hmm I wasn't expecting him to cough and sputter but at least it worked." Praxat said over the telepathic link Praxat then jumps into the fray and uses Machine Gun Fist but this time just before impact she increases the size of her fists to three times the size of her own body to increase the force of the impact. she also without realizing it increases the force of her punches even further by compression her arms like springs .

she mixes this up with a Thunder Tongue barrage.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Hearing? Was this the guy who was on the other end of the bug that Blizzar was searching for? Of course he was...But, I'm not sure what to assume. Our Chris was out for himself, and the worst kind of guy...I can't afford to let my guard down, but I can't hold him being an ******* as a multiversal constant.

"And you must be...."

Held frowned slightly, as he swayed back and forth slightly, steadying himself against the elevator.

".....I have no idea who you are."

Was he coming to free Althena?

He stumbled closer, propping himself up against the wall as he trudged closer.

"But, is there a reason for all this c-c--"

He burped slightly as he looked at the unconscious guard.

"Commotion? Don't tell me you took a liking to my artist. We paid good money for her services, and I paid good money to have her bailed out, you--"

He paused, finally placing the face, seemingly, as his eyes widened with recognition.

"Oi! I know you! You're that guy that was in the tournament!"

He turned slightly, pointing an unsteady hand at the mercenary as he looked at his Toadian companion.

"Althena, it's that Knife The Chris guy! "

" Yeah I know I can see him though your eyes Held, and to be frank using Visual Linking on you feels strange . By the way I can also see that Meg Luna is going up against Spidus though Blizzar's eyes , and I know he's with Incenio because I see him as well though Blizzar's eyes . Since you looking at me Held that means you can see me so you must have some kind of special ability huh?" Althena said

OOC: I like to point out that Althena right now is camouflage now so she is pretty much invisible , her body heat and scent are mask and she's not casting a shadow. Okay basically she's blend into her surroundings so her body and clothing have the same colors as the walls and floors of her cell. Held can see her but Chris the Knife can't.

reference this post

Althena uses her camouflage to blend into the

surroundings of her cell
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-06-2019 at 10:44 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    OT:

Well that was quite the Tri-Tech.

IC:

Etrina missed by an inch as TasureÂ’s kick staggered the hybrid just enough that the timing of the attack was off.

It did not save her from Ishtar, who, enraged, enacted a different type of attack.

For the first time Glacia screamed in pain as tiny rivulets of metal rip out of a dozen places across her body. There wasnÂ’t a lot of Katchin, maybe only a pound or two, but it has been strategically placed in certain places to up her lethatkuty.

Regardless, Ishtar ripped it out of her amidst purple blood.

Glacia sceams and her energy flares, destroying the Lookout for twenty feet around and casting everyone back. Floating upwards, panting as her Threshling nature starts healing her, she angrily looks at the assembled group.

“You stupid peasants. Death Beam Barrage!”

She holds out all her fingers and a powerful death beam forms at each. Ten beams launch out at incredible speeds towards the Lookout and itÂ’s defenders.
    When Ishtar raised her hand towards the Hybrid Cyborg, though the thoughts were not voiced the way the air twist and curdled around Glacia was enough to telgraph to Ochazuke her intention. In the exact moment the magics plucked the metal dispersed within her frame, to only was the damage gruesome, but the pliable Threshling anatomy succoring the wounds did not escapte his notice.

Having such fundamental components ripped from her machine-precise frame, perhaps you are more vulnerable than your creator might believe.

Within the dispersed range of his sense-awareness, Ochazuke sought another target within; a weak point, perhaps, that led to the mechanical core that drove this haughty creature.

It was then the lethal beams at each of her fingertips caught his attention. Though she spoke no words, these dealers of death were far to near, both in this battle and in memory.

Dashing his hands together, he braced himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Another five of the death beams are blasted and countered by a massive crimson beam.

Floating in the air at an angle from the rest, Alt ZaofanÂ’s eyes glow a deep crimson.

“A Sheriff protects his people. These here are my people, and I aim to keep ‘em safe.”

Glacia glares daggers at the Sheriff.

“Traitor.” She hisses, riding up into the air, power flaring around her.

Alt Zaofan shakes his head.

“Nah, just finally back to who I was supposed to be before the Doctor.”

The two lunge at each other and the battle is on.
    Fortunately, the Sheriff appeared, and along with Nevanlinna scattered and diverted the lethal array. In this brief reprieve, Ochazuke allowed himself a sigh of relief; through the psychic uplink, his senses seemed to redouble for their collective effort as he targetted Glacia's rendered weakpoints.

Well struck. Perhaps their time among them had finally curtailed them from the path of aloof strangers. This one knows only a twisted, uncontested existence.

Unchallenged, why should these abominations examine the content of their being? Perhaps if they were created from components across time, what more did they require to persist but their strength and the vile course upon which to enact it? Setting foot on the Lookout's shattered observation deck, Ochazuke rose to a neutral stance watching an alternate of his martial brother move in tandem with the others. Standing tall, he grit his teeth, settled into Sanchin, the stance of combative habit.

If you can keep her occupied for a moment, so much the better...

Face to face with this Glacia, one who would so contemptuously tear through worlds for little more than a sadistic purpose, he had fallen the formative Crane's Stance he attempted to bolster his defenses. Ever wary that even a single moment could be the last, it was ingrained within him that a warrior should not be so careless with his life.

Yet as his meditation field rose and stretched over the battlefield, he knew this was exactly why he could ill be at ease. Resonating with the spirit of the planet, he knew that if they did not stand before the Doctor's designs, all else would come to ruin.

We're outmatched. Yet all that stands between them and making our world another dead Divergence...

Then, in figments, a gradual trickle, it came. Tiny whisps to the near eye, no more illuminate than the curtain of chaff so far above, slowly began to gather. In the wake of the violence upon the Lookout it was no more distinguished than the dust thrown from their clashes.

Resonating with all his sense brushed against around Capital City, while he was searching for their foes there was much he had initially dismissed in the moment. Benign, insignificant living presences.

The blades of grass. Beats of glassy insect wings. The whisper and sway of tree boughs, scattering leaves over where their iron roots sunk deep.

So connected with the Earth, inadvertently it seemed the planet felt the threat in kind, and accordingly it responded. Just like the unified enegry that drove his martial ancestors, for a moment Ochazuke saw clearly the Hidden Hand of Zxu'ro. Exhaling gently and loosening his stance, he gave his intent over to the flow of these tiny spirits, and as the energy accumulated he slowly began to find his realization.

It started first with an understanding of one's place in this world in relation to others. Feeling the world turn beneath him, he eased his pride and made the silent plea.

Grant me your energy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Yes! Got her!" Etrina pumped her fist and readied her spell. "Take that damn finger off and lets get this do..."

Time slows to a crawl, for once not a trick of magic or the work of a god. The spell Etrina had prepared for her target evaporated...but not because of Glacias nullifying barrier. All her focus on the spell had dissolved in the face of what had transpired.

The Id's body hit the ground, a hole where there should not have been, and there it lay....quiet and unmoving.

"....Erosa?" Etrina strained to call out, but the word tasted like bile in her throat. Poison, burning bile. It welled up in her stomach until she felt she'd puke then and there....but she didn't. It boiled over inside her and manifested in a way that wasn't physically as disgusting, but spiritually was a hundred times worse.

"........No...I.....I didn't...." Pain of loss hit her, Guilt of her failure, Searing burning hate.....burning burning hate. Gone was the emotionally indifferent Etrina, and her snarky responses, and her witty comebacks.

"You....You......" Etrinas magic spiked. She clutched her chest and negitive feelings overwhelmed all her thoughts, molding and warping with her own magic. The air around her charged with energy and her form warped under the newfound strain, the mage let out a scream that reverberated across the ruins of the lookout.

"YOU F**KING BI*CH!!!!!"
    Tracing the path of these ambient energies, there was a certain sublime radiance to it. Unlike the warmth of ki execution, not the cathartic rupture of shattering the bonds of limitation, the Master's method of gathering of the energy into a collected form felt disconnected. Cool, awash in relief, the knowledge of the unspoken will felt to Ochazuke as if even these tiny efforts could raise themselves together, they would stand to a greater height unknown and without limitation. As he relaxed, the energies pouring in supported his will; as they unified, gradually his focus sharpened.

It was then he realized, amid the gradual airy whispers of ten thousand static wills, there was something else far closer. Anguish, loss bled off of Etrina, certainly, but there was something else. It resonated there, a type of energy he'd never before wielded, but something intuitively screamed out in the ether.

A will, a pronounced desire to proclaim itself as its own living existence.

At that moment he opened his senses further to discern what it was.

Genki Charge: 2
    Last edited by grampagen; 03-05-2019 at 09:46 PM.

OT:

Well that was quite the Tri-Tech.

IC:

Etrina missed by an inch as Tasure’s kick staggered the hybrid just enough that the timing of the attack was off.

It did not save her from Ishtar, who, enraged, enacted a different type of attack.

For the first time Glacia screamed in pain as tiny rivulets of metal rip out of a dozen places across her body. There wasn’t a lot of Katchin, maybe only a pound or two, but it has been strategically placed in certain places to up her lethatkuty.

Regardless, Ishtar ripped it out of her amidst purple blood.

Glacia sceams and her energy flares, destroying the Lookout for twenty feet around and casting everyone back. Floating upwards, panting as her Threshling nature starts healing her, she angrily looks at the assembled group.

“You stupid peasants. Death Beam Barrage!”

She holds out all her fingers and a powerful death beam forms at each. Ten beams launch out at incredible speeds towards the Lookout and it’s defenders.
    With an all too satisfying wail, rivulets of bloody Katchin were violently ripped from Glacia's body; its intended purpose overridden by the wrath-filled Oni. When the bloody lump of Katchin coalesced into a sphere in the Ishtar's outstretched palm, she smirked, and let the midnight black metal flow up her arm.

"What a lovely sound that was, Glacia."

Though there was no proper response. Instead an insult, and a cascade of energy to knock the air from Ishtar's lungs were the only offerings, and as she slammed into the ruined Lookout below, and watched the Hybrid discharge her Death Beams, she continued to take solace in the influx of strength the damage sustained, provided.

A thing she took advantage of, too, not a moment later, as despite the intervention from Nevanlinna, Etrina, and Sheriff Zaofan, one beam of purple death remained to seek its ... and so, moving swiftly, Ishtar used her instant teleportation to place herself in the path of it; the beam ripping through her side. Yet backed by wrath, and empowered by the damage it mattered to Ishtar little.

Alongside this is the ring that boosts her magic.
    ... and thanks again, to Ochazuke, the newfound might that flooded her veins, and the bloody Katchin that coated her forearms ... the golden-eyed Oni now had a new target.

That magic amplifying ring.

Her own blue-black blood now staining the Lookout, Ishtar snarled and lunged toward the distracted -- thanks to Sheriff Zaofan -- only to disappear ... reappearing in a flash at Glacia's side, her own bloodstained Katchin turned against her as the Oni sought to cleave the hybrid's arm -- specifically the one in possession of the ring -- off.

OT: Ishtar has suffered three hits of sufficient strength to trigger Araska amplification. Current PL w/2 Araska charges: 3,881,250.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 03-06-2019 at 10:18 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meg enters the arena, her pace slow and casual, betraying no emotions. She had seen her opponent in action and was prepared, as best she could, for his attacks.

She then bows slightly, awaiting the call for the match to begin.

As she expected, his assault on her mind was immediate. Yet, just as Spidus remained still and focused, so did Meagan. From the outside it was like two statues looked in unmoving battle. Drawing in ambient power from the air around her, she boosted her own Psychic powers by 10%. At first it was defensive, then she pushed back. If he chose to continue this psychic battle, she would continue to boost her own powers gradually to match his. If he broke off, she was prepared fro a move conventional fight.
    Hissing, Spidus’ body lurched unnaturally forward, breaking the psychic match and lashing out with a massive barrage of strikes.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

*Several moments earier*

"Erosa is in position..." Erosa thought as she flew in close, her hunter/killer form masking both her energy and her form. Normally she would have been itching to get involved in a fight like the one happening here....but she had been working hard on other things and for once wasn't really in the mood for whatever crap they were being pelted with.

"Good, she's nullifying our magic with a ring on her right finger....can you see it?" Etrinas mental message came back not a moment later, and Erosa trailed her gaze down to the enemies hand. "We're going to have to remove it from her in some manner.....see if you can get in close and...."

Her mental command was cut short when the enemy let out a shockwave of energy. The blast sent Erosa whirling back, but she was able to maintain hunter killer and quickly regained her balance. The id quickly moved back in, and as she approached she eyed the ring and contemplated the best method for both removing and denying her access after the fact.

....and if there was but one tried and tested method for thievery Erosa knew....it would be....

Erosa shot it, not giving away her presence until the very last second....and then like a dog going for the neck, she bite down hard on the monsters hand. She'd take the ring and few of her fingers with it, if thats what it took....a good clean bite was all that....that was....

Erosa grind her teeth against the hard flesh, then did it harder. Her skin was like iron....but Erosa had bitten through harder in the past, or at least she had though.

Before she could have second thought about her strategy however, she felt something warm in her mouth. All too late came the understand that...of all the places to stick in ones mouth, the part the enemy usually fires their attacks from was not one.....

A white hot blast, a searing sensation, a tumble through the air and a sudden stop against the cold hard ground....

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Tracing the path of these ambient energies, there was a certain sublime radiance to it. Unlike the warmth of ki execution, not the cathartic rupture of shattering the bonds of limitation, the Master's method of gathering of the energy into a collected form felt disconnected. Cool, awash in relief, the knowledge of the unspoken will felt to Ochazuke as if even these tiny efforts could raise themselves together, they would stand to a greater height unknown and without limitation. As he relaxed, the energies pouring in supported his will; as they unified, gradually his focus sharpened.

It was then he realized, amid the gradual airy whispers of ten thousand static wills, there was something else far closer. Anguish, loss bled off of Etrina, certainly, but there was something else. It resonated there, a type of energy he'd never before wielded, but something intuitively screamed out in the ether.

A will, a pronounced desire to proclaim itself as its own living existence.

At that moment he opened his senses further to discern what it was.

Genki Charge: 2
    The world was fuzzy and distant. Erosa felt herself being pulled away from it...as if on the current of some river.

The feeling was similar, but different....to one she had felt before. This was.....dying....

....at least....she thought....this was what it felt like. The first time had been quick, with nothing after....but this time it was like she was being carried off on the wind by some force. Her body was being left behind, the soft glow of her heart and its energy visible in the haze.

...and in the distance, a man stood alone as a beacon against the haze. That was the stern faced fighting man, Ochazuke. He was looking at her....no...he was looking at "her".

"Ochi...." Erosa called out in a voiceless voice. She wanted to go towards him, but the pull of the tide was dragging her back. "....ochi.....I think I screwed up....took a hot load.....to the back of the throat....."

If there was any humor in death, Erosa managed to at least give herself a chuckle.

"....You need energy......I can hear it......take mine, take whats left in my heart.....and kick the crap outta her...." Erosa tried to reach out, but her essence, her soul....was being carried away. All that remained now was her shell, and the crystallized heart within in. The energy it contained lanced out, a final act of will from the id, and flowed to join the energy Ochazuke had accumulated.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Hmm I wasn't expecting him to cough and sputter but at least it worked." Praxat said over the telepathic link Praxat then jumps into the fray and uses Machine Gun Fist but this time just before impact she increases the size of her fists to three times the size of her own body to increase the force of the impact. she also without realizing it increases the force of her punches even further by compression her arms like springs .

she mixes this up with a Thunder Tongue barrage.
    'Whatever that was, keep it up. His enhanced senses make him especially susceptible,' Parsley told Praxat. A set of enegy vines shot out of her fingers, seeking to wrap around Haru's limbs to further restrict his movements.

OOC: Ki Nullification effect: -30%, 7 posts remain. Ki Inhibition timer: 2 posts remain
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Yeah I know I can see him though your eyes Held. by the way I can also see that Meg Luna is going up against Spidus though Blizzar's eyes , and I know he's with Incenio because I see him as well though Blizzar's eyes ." Althena said

OOC: I like to point out that Althena right now is camouflage now so she is pretty much invisible , her body heat and scent are mask and she's not casting a shadow. Okay basically she's blend into her surroundings so her body and clothing have the same colors as the walls and floors of her cell.

reference this post

Althena uses her camouflage to blend into the

surroundings of her cell
    OOC: Held's genetic ability doesn't rely on any of that. He pretty much senses ambient ki/magic and uses that for greater insight. Since you didn't mention anything about suppressing her Ki, or that she doesn't really emit it like an Android, or otherwise mask it, I don't really think it would even get Helds attention unless he decided to drop his Shingan mode.

Even if it was masked, it would just throw off his precision and prediction ability. Held can account for an invisible android in the sense that he'd be aware of a person shaped thing moving through the ambient energy he's throwing off, he'd just have a really tough time predicting what it would do since it doesn't truly register on his senses on most levels.

I mean, I guess you could handwave Kami power into being invisible in every sense of the word--her ki can't be detected, nor can ki that touches her or something--, but it's not what you said, so eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    OOC: Held's genetic ability doesn't rely on any of that. He pretty much senses ambient ki/magic and uses that for greater insight. Since you didn't mention anything about suppressing her Ki, or that she doesn't really emit it like an Android, or otherwise mask it, I don't really think it would even get Helds attention unless he decided to drop his Shingan mode.

Even if it was masked, it would just throw off his precision and prediction ability. Held can account for an invisible android in the sense that he'd be aware of a person shaped thing moving through the ambient energy he's throwing off, he'd just have a really tough time predicting what it would do since it doesn't truly register on his senses on most levels.

I mean, I guess you could handwave Kami power into being invisible in every sense of the word--her ki can't be detected, nor can ki that touches her or something--, but it's not what you said, so eh.
    OOC: Edit my last OOC to refer to Chris the Knife. Althena can suppress her Ki but I'm sure she can't do it with cuffs that restrict her Ki.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-06-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    'Whatever that was, keep it up. His enhanced senses make him especially susceptible,' Parsley told Praxat. A set of enegy vines shot out of her fingers, seeking to wrap around Haru's limbs to further restrict his movements.

OOC: Ki Nullification effect: -30%, 7 posts remain. Ki Inhibition timer: 2 posts remain

" Well it's not going to be that easy . First I actually need to consume poisonous insects or plants. I think I might have some poisonous insects left in my pockets. really I was expecting him to have hallucinations. Praxat said over the telepathic link
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-06-2019 at 11:00 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    *Several moments earier*

"Erosa is in position..." Erosa thought as she flew in close, her hunter/killer form masking both her energy and her form. Normally she would have been itching to get involved in a fight like the one happening here....but she had been working hard on other things and for once wasn't really in the mood for whatever crap they were being pelted with.

"Good, she's nullifying our magic with a ring on her right finger....can you see it?" Etrinas mental message came back not a moment later, and Erosa trailed her gaze down to the enemies hand. "We're going to have to remove it from her in some manner.....see if you can get in close and...."

Her mental command was cut short when the enemy let out a shockwave of energy. The blast sent Erosa whirling back, but she was able to maintain hunter killer and quickly regained her balance. The id quickly moved back in, and as she approached she eyed the ring and contemplated the best method for both removing and denying her access after the fact.

....and if there was but one tried and tested method for thievery Erosa knew....it would be....

Erosa shot it, not giving away her presence until the very last second....and then like a dog going for the neck, she bite down hard on the monsters hand. She'd take the ring and few of her fingers with it, if thats what it took....a good clean bite was all that....that was....

Erosa grind her teeth against the hard flesh, then did it harder. Her skin was like iron....but Erosa had bitten through harder in the past, or at least she had though.

Before she could have second thought about her strategy however, she felt something warm in her mouth. All too late came the understand that...of all the places to stick in ones mouth, the part the enemy usually fires their attacks from was not one.....

A white hot blast, a searing sensation, a tumble through the air and a sudden stop against the cold hard ground....

The world was fuzzy and distant. Erosa felt herself being pulled away from it...as if on the current of some river.

The feeling was similar, but different....to one she had felt before. This was.....dying....

....at least....she thought....this was what it felt like. The first time had been quick, with nothing after....but this time it was like she was being carried off on the wind by some force. Her body was being left behind, the soft glow of her heart and its energy visible in the haze.

...and in the distance, a man stood alone as a beacon against the haze. That was the stern faced fighting man, Ochazuke. He was looking at her....no...he was looking at "her".

"Ochi...." Erosa called out in a voiceless voice. She wanted to go towards him, but the pull of the tide was dragging her back. "....ochi.....I think I screwed up....took a hot load.....to the back of the throat....."

If there was any humor in death, Erosa managed to at least give herself a chuckle.

"....You need energy......I can hear it......take mine, take whats left in my heart.....and kick the crap outta her...." Erosa tried to reach out, but her essence, her soul....was being carried away. All that remained now was her shell, and the crystallized heart within in. The energy it contained lanced out, a final act of will from the id, and flowed to join the energy Ochazuke had accumulated.
    Erosa would find that while her energy went to Ochazuke, something else held her soul in place. Almost like three hands grabbing hold and tethering her for the moment.

Lines of magic trail off towards Pike, Anula, and Evangeline, each aiding in keeping her soul on this plane in hopes of healing her body and restoring life once this is all over.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM