Page 690 of 782 FirstFirst ... 190590640680686687688689690691692693694700740 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He smiles warmly, like a teacher proud of a student. Your instinct tells you that he’s better. No matter what you do, you cannot bridge the gap in skill and your power levels are close enough that his battlefield advantages like the Woven Path, the Wolf’s Prowl and the Bear’s Strength make it unlikely of gaining the upper hand.

“A final thought, you’re majesty. Sometimes true victory is not in beating your opponent, but in discovering who your opponent is. What motivates them, pushes them. What drives them forward. I believe I have my answer.”

He hops off the arena, thus losing.

“Your quest is of more import than mine at the moment. I see no reason to jeapordize your attempts at getting the crystal. I had to make sure of your intentions, and you proved yourself today. You’re core intent is pure.”

He bows formely to her.

“One day, your majesty, we shall dance again. I should like to see you obtain your golden locks by then.”
    That... was the move she hadn't expected. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Welcome because she was sure she was going to lose. There was no denying and no doubting that Samson Balon was the better of the two of them. He had vastly more skill, and his ability to manipulate the battlefield pushed him out of her reach. Her instincts made fighting him manageable, but their powers were too close for that to make a difference.

Had the fight continued, she would have lost.

She breathed in, letting her conscious thought return to her. Then, she bowed and saluted Samson. "You would have won, for sure. I'm honored to have shared the ring with a fighter of your caliber. We'll meet again, for sure! You can count on it!"

It wasn't as satisfying a win, but the win didn't matter; the battle leading up to it did. That was two fights that got her blood pumping. She hoped the next one was just as exciting.

Wait, ****. That mutt was probably going to be her next opponent.

Fun, indeed. Fun ripping the grin right off his face.

Sarada stepped out of the ring and left to find something to eat.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The blow lands and Spidus is sent flying out of the arena, crashing into the ground.

Meagan wins!

The crowd erupts into cheers for her.
    "Ah...tsk, tsk, tsk," Blizzar shook his head at Incenio. "And you were so sure too. Perhaps next time?"

Sarada wins.
    Blizzar shrugged. "Eh. You cannot win them all, my friend! ...Unless you're me, in which case, you'd would be considerably close," he added smugly, yet somehow managing to maintain a completely genuine tone.

They resist, and Chris rolls his eyes.

“Those are made for stronger people than us. One moment.....”

He flicks out a piece of tech and after a moment, clicks it. The Ki binders fall off.

" Thanks, and stronger people than us huh, because I once carrying around a creature called a Vear that weighed twenty five tons using nothing but my natural strength. The heaviest thing I ever lift with my natural strength weigh sixty tons and that was part of a training session , however that is just with my body I have actually lifter much heavier things with my tongue . I once made a statue out of a 20 ton giant ruby with my bare fist using my natural strength , and have once carried a 20 ton ruby using only one arm with my natural strength . When I say natural strength I mean my own natural strength with out the use of Ki, so tell me Chris ever lift and toss 80 ton boulders with your tongue as part of a training session because I have." Althena said as her skin turns back into it's platinum color and her pendent shows a serious emoji indicting that she isn't lying
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-13-2019 at 04:36 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    While Haru's preoccupied with the others, Sasheem unleashes his Cobra Curse, slinging a wide wave of venomous ki the hyrbrid, the fragment planted on him, doubling his power for a brief moment as the wave honed in on it's target.

Sasheem grinned maniacally. Even if being poisoned didn't seem to affect the mutt anymore, hopefully his blast would have enough force to slice the jabroni in two.

OT: Current power level with Kizuna: 850,000. Cobra Curse amplified attack: 1,700,000.

as Praxat is keeping up her electromagnetic field she starts to wonder if she could actually pick up Haru in his giant wolf form . " Hey how much to you think that mutt weighs in his giant form guys , because I bet I could pick him up with my tongue! I mean I did once pick up that multi ton mech I built when we were on that one mission involving those awful mechanical birds. " Praxat said over the telepathic link
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The blow lands and Spidus is sent flying out of the arena, crashing into the ground.

Meagan wins!

The crowd erupts into cheers for her.
    Once declared the winner, Meagan steps off the arena platform and walks over to where Spidus landed. She waited for a moment to make sure he was conscious and relatively unharmed before speaking, "Thank you for the challenge. If I may, I was wondering why you hesitated to use your telekinesis for so long. It was your one ability that I was the most concerned about."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Once declared the winner, Meagan steps off the arena platform and walks over to where Spidus landed. She waited for a moment to make sure he was conscious and relatively unharmed before speaking, "Thank you for the challenge. If I may, I was wondering why you hesitated to use your telekinesis for so long. It was your one ability that I was the most concerned about."
    On the Lookout Qaztoh waves her hands in the air. " Yes, yes Meagan did it she won, she beat that Spidey Thing. that fight was so cool! it was just a exciting as watching ancestor Althena spar with Meagan! Also I start to think that my ancestor might be a mutant as her natural strength is well pretty abnormal even for Toadian , even if she's a ancient one ." Qaztoh said as her skin turn a bright yellow with a very excited emoji appear in her pendant

OOC: Life is strange . in Real life there's actually a rare mutation that causes someone to be stronger and have more muscle mass than normally possible. there's also a mutation that causes some one to have stronger and denser bones than what would be consider normal.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-13-2019 at 04:23 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Astonishing Member

Chris nods.

“Yeah yeah, I can play nice, Froggy.”

Smirking, he looks over at Held.

“Well, come on. There are three more levels past this one to check out, and I just happen to have swiped me a pass key or three.”

He tosses Held and Althena each one.
    Held opened his hand, casually plucking the keycard from the air.

"Let's get to it then. I'd be lying if I didn't claim to be curious to see what kind of stuff a man like Incenio likes to keep secret."

They resist, and Chris rolls his eyes.

“Those are made for stronger people than us. One moment.....”

He flicks out a piece of tech and after a moment, clicks it. The Ki binders fall off.
    The Nevadian kicked the blinders into the air right before they hit the floor, before grabbing them with his offhand.

"That must be quite the piece of hardware." He said, looking it over, before pocketing the binders in a capsule. He glanced at Athenas massive, musclebound form, almost making the room seem far too small, "I would have thought that little miss so much as yawning would have caused them to explode."

I was assuming she was just humoring Blizzar and the guards with a body like that...

"I'd hate to let good toys go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Thanks, and stronger people than us huh, because I once carrying around a creature called a Vear that weighed twenty five tons using nothing but my natural strength. The heaviest thing I ever lift with my natural strength weigh sixty tons and that was part of a training session , however that is just with my body I have actually lifter much heavier things with my tongue . I once made a statue out of a 20 ton giant ruby with my bare fist using my natural strength , and have once carried a 20 ton ruby using only one arm with my natural strength . When I say natural strength I mean my own natural strength with out the use of Ki, so tell me Chris ever lift and toss 80 ton boulders with your tongue as part of a training session because I have." Althena said as her skin turns back into it's platinum color and her pendent shows a serious emoji indicting that she isn't lying
    Held laughed nervously at Athenas boast.

"I don't doubt you could do all of that with muscles like yours, let alone your tongue." He said with a nod, "But Humans don't normally have a tongue that gets long enough to try it, let alone get the idea to do so."

He pocketed the Keycard.

"Not that I'm not fascinated in your training methods, but we should probably save the note trading until later. I don't know how long Incenio will be distracted, or if there is even more security here."

For the moment, Glacia hangs limply from his Gras p as he rockets upwards.

And indeed, the inner workings and protections of her inner engine, and her own body, lay bare to all.

Glacia tries to lash out and choke Ochazuke with her tail.
    As they passed through the last fragments of clouds, the planet's blue light gradually fell away beneath them. At this height where the edge of the Earth met the border of the unfeeling vacuum, the atmosphere thinned and grew frigid as all indication of settlement eroded. Silence hardened between Ochazuke and Glacia, palpable even across the mental echos over the telepathic link; a voiceless pass of emotions. Anger ebbed, froze to contempt, and thawed to pity. Above all else, a strange sense of wonderment there, and a steadfast well of determination.

Rapid picture-fragments of the magical runes flickered psionically, the sheer volume of information cascading in its harsh totality.

An intricate system.

A source connection, a method of runic spellcraft unknown to him was rendered to the others. To his own immediate sensibilities, there was only the veiled threat that he could sense and slowly unravel.

She might as well have spoken when the tail twitched, he heard it through the length of the kinetic chain.

All parts connected

Glacia's thin fingers in his palm. With a twist, he pulled inward, steering her path as he tore them and the magic ring from her person.

The piercing tip missed its intended destination, but the bulk smashed directly into his right ribcage, unguarded, and a bloody gasp left him.

"No more words?" he spat grimly, chest heaving through the pain. The meditational awareness he bequeathed to his allies suddenly flickered out from their collected pool. "A lack of wit suits such dull composition!"

His dark eyes gazed straight at her for a moment. He seized her tail in the crook of his arm, and twisting with the transferred force, sent the both of them hurtling off with Seisui Tensho. Upended between the shifting momentum of flight and freefall, the stars so near began to spin where they sped on; but the two of them knew there was no way to reach them.

After all, she'd passed through the veil before. The Doctor's impenetrable weapon opened only one way.

On the edge of Earth and Space, Ochazuke smashed Glacia straight into the atmospheric Chaff Wall.
    Last edited by grampagen; 03-13-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held opened his hand, casually plucking the keycard from the air.

"Let's get to it then. I'd be lying if I didn't claim to be curious to see what kind of stuff a man like Incenio likes to keep secret."

The Nevadian kicked the blinders into the air right before they hit the floor, before grabbing them with his offhand.

"That must be quite the piece of hardware." He said, looking it over, before pocketing the binders in a capsule. He glanced at Athenas massive, musclebound form, almost making the room seem far too small, "I would have thought that little miss so much as yawning would have caused them to explode."

I was assuming she was just humoring Blizzar and the guards with a body like that...

"I'd hate to let good toys go to waste."

Held laughed nervously at Athenas boast.

"I don't doubt you could do all of that with muscles like yours, let alone your tongue." He said with a nod, "But Humans don't normally have a tongue that gets long enough to try it, let alone get the idea to do so."

He pocketed the Keycard.

"Not that I'm not fascinated in your training methods, but we should probably save the note trading until later. I don't know how long Incenio will be distracted, or if there is even more security here."
    " Right, and Oh I had a conversation with that Toadian Fighter and he called me a mutant . I don't even know what that word means but just the sound of it bought back bad memories. anyways with my excellent hearing I can hear what Blizzar and Incenio are saying above us. However Qaztoh said that normal sound has a hard time penetrating though solid ground , so I'm going to cling to the wall to better hear them. " Althena said.

Althena then climbs the wall using the suction pads on her toes and fingers that generate a small but powerful electromagnetic field. The field is not very wide but it's powerful enough to allow Althena to stick to objects. Althena climbs up to the ceiling and clings to it.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-13-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    My Forum check it out

One after another, his teammates won. Meagan's bested hers in combat while it appeared that Sarada's was content to teach her rather than overcome her. Not that it mattered in the end for Charco. It simply meant that he was up next and with that, another step into figuring out the mystery behind his connection with Solarius.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    ... and in the finding, Ishtar found it was nothing short of a nightmare. The massive being, otherworldly as it was unnaturally shaped, hovered menacingly outside the view of those who did not have the sense enough to perceive it; a thing perhaps for the best. For the voice it offered was sickly sweet, and for a moment Ishtar felt her thoughts slipping. Yet thanks to the response from Glacia's attacks, a sickle of Ki caught Ishtar in the back ... and in the spilling of her blood and the blossom of pain that followed the glowing-horn Oni was jolted back to painful awareness; and brought to bear her mental defense.

Oh ... is this what denizens of the Void look like, truly ?

A thing to perhaps ask Hastur, for now was not the time.

All that mattered was that this nightmare sought to take Erosa ... whatever else it was beyond that was irrelevant.

Understanding then at once what the voice meant when it spoke -- that Erosa remained alive for now, but not much longer -- killing Glacia swiftly took a backseat to saving the Id. A thing that was seemingly underway already Ishtar sensed, by Evangeline, Anula, and strangely ... that Namekian Mage, Pike; the trio struggling against the Aberrant Horror from within the Dream, that sought to claim Erosa's soul. Yet with that handled for the moment -- and beyond the scope of Ishtar's ability to influence -- it seemed all that remained to be done, was restoring its vessel ... a task by any measure, that should have fallen to Asha'rah given her proven proficiency beforehand.

... and given the Fallen Goddesses relationship to the Id, alongside the fact that this situation surely had not escaped her notice ... a thing that should have been done ages ago.

And with that realization, the Oni turned to find, the woman.

Only to see Asha'rah try and fail to strike Glacia, again, and again; with both Hakai, and Katchin.

And in the moment of finding her ... Ishtar was dumbfounded.

Regardless of whatever logic now guided Asha'rah, this was a woman who had not three months before, threatened to utterly annihilate an Aspect of Time; at the thought of Erosa dying to the point where, once it had come to pass the Oni herself had to threaten a response. Yet now, primed to happen again in a manner far worse than previously; Asha'rah was content to ignore saving her lover in favor of lashing out futiley against an opponent well on her way to dying already.

Even if Asha'rah did not see the nightmarish monstrosity pulsating with a sinister, yet ... familiar energy attempting to reclaim Erosa's soul; that a Guardian, her apprentice and a former enemy struggled against something to keep Erosa's soul on this side of things should have been clearly evident.

Yet despite this, Asha'rah had opted against aiding her lover ? Her lover ?

Across the telepathic network Ishtar had provided, those yet linked to her could feel her anger; and when her voice echoed across the link not a moment later, they'd understand why:

"Erosa lay dying, her soul currently torn between life, and a fate far worth than death ... yet where is Asha'rah ? Her lover, and the woman who only months before threatened the annihilation of my stepsister by means of Hakai, for even the thought of Erosa suffering harm ?

Busy !

Far too concerned with a battle nearly won, that she has left the care and saving of her lover, her lover to those who can for the moment do little more than buy time, all so that she can turn that Hakai once threatened, on yet another foe."

The 'line' fell silent a moment then, as Ishtar fumed and thought of a way to mend Erosa's ruined body, herself ... before a final word was offered those those who remained to share the link.

"... Never forget this.

Never forget the moment when Asha'rah, a Creator God ... set aside love so that she might strive only to destroy; and not only left Creation, her Creation, but her Love ... to the care of others."

And with that said, Ishtar disappeared.

For despite her anger, and the words she shared ... It had not taken her long to realize she might yet be capable of doing what Asha'rah refused to.
    For the moment, Glacia hangs limply from his Gras p as he rockets upwards.

And indeed, the inner workings and protections of her inner engine, and her own body, lay bare to all.

Glacia tries to lash out and choke Ochazuke with her tail.
    Asha’rah felt Ishtar’s anger through the psychic link. Her outrage. Erosa was her lover. Her lover. And yet, with the Id gravely wounded, the god had chosen to keep fighting rather than rush to her aid. It was enough to provoke empathy in the fallen god. Was it not natural for most to drop everything they were doing when their loved one was in danger? When their significant other, especially, was in danger? And perhaps the oni’s outrage was fueled ever more so by shock, for Asha’rah had very nearly lost control the last time Erosa neared death, very nearly needlessly murdered an errant aspect of time.

So unlike before, with the charge of hypocrisy, Asha’rah could feel some measure of understanding for Ishtar’s rush to judgment here. Not complete forgiveness, for she would have expected more from a several-millennia-old being who she usually admired for her clear-headedness. But from the prevailing morals that ran dominant through this particular group she called allies, Asha’rah’s actions would probably seem cold.

In truth, Asha’rah’s near berserker rage in the recent past did not sit easy with the fallen god. Her anger had been natural, yes. But it had stemmed from not just Erosa being put in harm’s way, but the manner in which she was snatched away at a tender, precious moment. Where a god, so often detached, had opened herself fully and desperately, only to see it snatched away by another. And beyond even that, Asha’rah had been furious at her own weakness. That she had so desperately wished to save Erosa, that she had been willing to endorse a plan involving the very time travel abuse she most loathed. In such a perfect storm, her spirit had writhed in focused rage and agony, and she had come so very close to the edge.

Today was not such a moment. Erosa was in danger yes. But such danger of falling in battle, Asha’rah had prepared herself for mentally time and time again. Every time they entered a life or death battle together, the latter was a distinct possibility. Erosa’s plight pained Asha’rah, pulled at her soul. There was nowhere she would rather be than by the Id’s side, doing everything she could to heal her.

But there were already more than enough able allies by Erosa’s side. Pike, Anula, Evangeline and Ishtar. All were working in concert to help save the Id. After all they had been through together, all that she had witnessed Evangeline sacrifice, Asha’rah was prepared to trust Evangeline with anything within her means. And Ishtar, for all her foolishness towards Asha’rah herself, for all her rash judgment and possibly future danger, remained a pure and decisive soul, steadfast and unbreakable in service of those she considered friend. That Asha’rah had stopped being among those number mattered not in this context: She trusted Ishtar to take care of Erosa. That was enough.

Asha'rah had seen more death, more civilization, more rise and fall than even Ishtar had. She knew well that she could not help her lover through sentiment alone. No matter how her soul writhed, no matter how close to death Erosa was, there remained a judgment call to be made. Was Erosa better served with Asha’rah being one more cook in an already crowded healing kitchen, or was it more important that nobody interfere with the delicate process of stabilizing her lover? Most of their number were away fighting a tournament. There were precious few left behind, meant to guard Zurvan from harm. If Asha’rah diverted her attention to administer aid here and now, she risked creating an opening through which Glacia could permanently end Erosa, either by damaging her directly or disrupting the numerous able people tending to her.

The best way to protect Erosa was, therefore, to go on the attack. To ensure as peaceful and uninterrupted an environment as possible for those who now held Erosa’s life in the balance. Perhaps it was not a judgment those around who witnessed her actions would comprehend the meaning behind. It mattered not. There was no time to be lost through fruitless indecision. Asha’rah had decided where she would do Erosa the most good. If Ishtar could not see that, more would be the pity, but it did not change the merit of Asha'rah's choice.

With Glacia temporarily immobilized , Asha’rah orbs swarmed in, slicing into her core with annihilation aura infused katchin blades. Just a slight distance beyond, Asha’rah hovered, her eyes burning with the will needed to keep her focus on her enemy instead of abandoning her better judgment to rush to Erosa’s side. Should Glacia attempt to wriggle free of Ochazuke's grip, Asha'rah would be there to grapple her down.

He smiles warmly, like a teacher proud of a student. Your instinct tells you that he’s better. No matter what you do, you cannot bridge the gap in skill and your power levels are close enough that his battlefield advantages like the Woven Path, the Wolf’s Prowl and the Bear’s Strength make it unlikely of gaining the upper hand.

“A final thought, you’re majesty. Sometimes true victory is not in beating your opponent, but in discovering who your opponent is. What motivates them, pushes them. What drives them forward. I believe I have my answer.”

He hops off the arena, thus losing.

“Your quest is of more import than mine at the moment. I see no reason to jeapordize your attempts at getting the crystal. I had to make sure of your intentions, and you proved yourself today. You’re core intent is pure.”

He bows formely to her.

“One day, your majesty, we shall dance again. I should like to see you obtain your golden locks by then.”

Qaztoh is watching the fight at the Lookout " Wow that fight was amazing both Sarada and that old man put on a good show. " Qaztoh said.
    My Forum check it out

Ishtar, Erosa’s body heals. The grevious wound closes, and before you the body remains pristine.
    In the end, despite Ishtar's fear of failure, it worked, and from seemingly nothing, flesh, blood, and bone knit themselves back together from the stump of Erosa's neck; a few short moments later the once-corpse beneath the Oni's palms now the Id's body made whole. Though the cost was perhaps higher than she would've hoped. With a shudder and a grunt, Ishtar slumped slightly to once side as both blood-loss and energy drain finally took their toll ... and for a moment it was all she could do to simply watch the battle between Glacia, Etrina, and Ochazuke unfold as she held on and waited for Erosa's soul to return to its vessel ...

A thing that in the end, never happened.

The hulking, Eldritch figure continued to hover outside the perception of all but few, Erosa's soul partway between her body and it's starveling embrace. Though it was not until Evangeline spoke up that Ishtar understood why.

The trio remain locked in place, tethering her soul. Evangeline looks at you.

“Her body isn’t the issue, Ishtar. We can’t re-inhabit her soul, we tried but we cannot. It seems only Etrina can due to their connection. We can keep it here, away from what awaits it, but only Etrina can do what need being done. Finish this bitch and get Etrina back in her right mind!” Eva pleads, sweat beading on her head. She wasn’t a real mage like the others, and it was through sheer force of will and bending what little divine ki she has that has let her last this long.

Ishtar you do notice that your efforts, your very Oni nature, does seem to strengthen the tethers the three have made though. You might not be able to call her soul back yourself, but you certainly bolstered their efforts.
    The vessel had been restored, surely ... but the soul was too long removed, or at the least least too firmly ensnared by the Looming Horror of the Dream to be safely returned without the guiding hand of Erosa's sister, Etrina.

That Ishtar had however, managed to bolster the patchwork tethering managed by Anula, Pike, and Evangeline herself was however, a small consolation. And with the Young Guardian, Evangeline's offered words in her ears, the golden-eyed Oni turned her attention toward Glacia ... only to find that the Hybrid was firmly in the midst of her final moments:

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke - who had been approaching behind Ishtar earlier - flanked her from behind. His rough-hewn hand shot out from the side and seized upon Glacia's in an instant.

The Genki energy flowed through him, and with the gathered energy of the Magicite heart, he followed through on Erosa's last intention in pursuit of a familiar target. Folding the metacarpal bones down the crest of Glacia's hand, Ochazuke pressed down with his thumb, and as the fingers folded in, the tendons twist, the joints popped, and the fingers splay loosely.
    Ochazuke had finally returned to the fray, bristling with the energy of a world and its peoples, and with as swift an action as the glowing-horn Oni had ever seen from him he disappeared with Glacia in tow; beyond the veil of clouds above as he carried her toward an ending unknown ... for the moment, at least.

Don't lose yourself, he said to Etrina, poring his insight over Glacia's frame where the still-bleeding wounds closed over her mechanical heart. She wasn't willing to die that you would end up like this.

The energy resonating within him carried within it a familiar presence. More than the echo of a hunter's path, as he applied the Woven Path to Glacia and set the hybrid dangling loosely by the wrist where he seized her, the familiar memory-echo pulsed through Ochazuke, the last intentions carried in Erosa's heart, perhaps wordlessly assuring Etrina before he tore Glacia from the Lookout on a rapid ascent upward.

He'd seen the shape of the magic, the intricate lattice-work of spellcraft within the Cyborg where Ishtar and Etrina tore away at her being. But despite the energy gathered within him, the method of the technique, its execution was a thing unpracticed. However...

"Is this the vision the Doctor has for his children? Are you nothing more than a living weapon then?"

As they tore ever upward, his aura seemed to recede, as Banjakuza revealed the inner nature of his target; and through the telepahthic link, the shape of its source could be traced in his thoughts.

Ochazuke's PL: 900k
    * Genki Charge: 3; energy gathered for Incomplete Spirit Bomb
    **Erosa's PL = 700k
    Bequeathed Magicite Charges x5 = 3.5 Mill
    ***Current PL = ???
    And as he departed -- with words offered, even, for Etrina's sake -- the Oni found herself content to leave her 'brother' to it. Though ... through the remaining insight provided by Ochazuke's 'sight' there was a favor she had to ask, pertaining to Glacia, and what might hopefully remain of her.

"Bring me her heart."

And with that favor asked, Ishtar turned her attention toward that which was more pressing in the moment, only to hear a voice from Parsley sound through the telepathic network. Which bright at least, a small smile to Ishtar's lips.

After all, it was a touching thing to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    In the end, all Parsley offered was a weighty sigh. The current predicament she found herself in prevented her from offering a response, but she decided she would seek some kind of answer when she returned to the Lookout.

She did, however, offer one thing. 'If I may, I would like to know if Avoca and my family are safe.'

Priorities.
    And a brief check was all it took to find the answer to Parsley's question; so once it had been, following a brief silence the Oni responded back.

'They are quite alright, and will remain so until you return.'

So with that, finally, the Oni turned her focus toward the return of Etrina' s senses; so that she might return Erosa's soul to the newly repaired vessel of her body ... and given what had happened in the moments between Ishtar's departure and return, it was not hard to find her.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    But the monster didn't stop there. She reached further into her, further back in time......every incision, every cybernetic part the doctor had blessed her with was another point of time she could attack. Incisions that had been made and healer were made anew, everything that had been worked on by the doctor was now reworked in reverse.....but with nothing to block the pain and nothing to heal the damage.

Her magic gripped the cybernetic heart, and in the very same way the doctor had put it together....she ripped it apart.
    In the moment you contemplate this, Glacia’s tail stabs once, twice, into your thigh and your stomache, then slaps you down to the Lookout floor. Seething, she holds her hand out and grips your throat with TK, applying a terrible crushing force on it.

“You’re going to die, now.”
    Injured, and lying on the Lookout floor, Etrina was ... in about as good of shape as Ishtar, herself. Though given Ishtar's need to remain near to Erosa's body in order to bolster the efforts of tethering her soul to this side; there was little Ishtar herself could do directly.

... until of course she realized something.

With a gentle prodding at the mind of the now Majin Etrina, then, the Oni offered a few words to the young woman before Etrina would feel a tug and find herself lifted up and pulled toward where Ishtar and Erosa both sat, and lay.

'Time is short. Erosa requires the hands of her sister ... Is there enough left of you to provided what is necessary, or does the second Child of Magic, need a hand herself ?' Whether or not she did -- and really how Etrina responded -- would be made known soon; but until then at the very least, Ishtar used what power remained to her, to gently float Etrina, on upended gravity ... over to where a more hands on approach, could be managed if necessary.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Don't lose yourself, he said to Etrina, poring his insight over Glacia's frame where the still-bleeding wounds closed over her mechanical heart. She wasn't willing to die that you would end up like this.

The energy resonating within him carried within it a familiar presence. More than the echo of a hunter's path, as he applied the Woven Path to Glacia and set the hybrid dangling loosely by the wrist where he seized her, the familiar memory-echo pulsed through Ochazuke, the last intentions carried in Erosa's heart, perhaps wordlessly assuring Etrina before he tore Glacia from the Lookout on a rapid ascent upward.
    Lying in a heap on the lookout floor, clutching her stomach in pain and gasped in air, Etrina watched the man take her prey up into the sky...away from her. Inside she knew this was the best course, Ochazuke had her enemy right where the both of them wanted....and she would suffer before the end for what she did.

But that was but a small voice, one of reason, in a whirlwind of perpetual madness.

This....transformation.....was not one born of kindness or logic, but of hate and desire for vengeance. If her life was to be taken it should be her, IT SHOULD BE HER! Her body was screaming for it even as her mind itched with the mans words.

"Don't lose yourself"

Words, Words, Words. But they ring true. All that man ever does is spout rhetoric. He takes whats mine and spits in my face....No, please....this is wronILLKILLHIM!"

Etrina struggled on the ground, digging her fingers into the floor as she felt bile...or something, rise from deep inside.

Injured, and lying on the Lookout floor, Etrina was ... in about as good of shape as Ishtar, herself. Though given Ishtar's need to remain near to Erosa's body in order to bolster the efforts of tethering her soul to this side; there was little Ishtar herself could do directly.

... until of course she realized something.

With a gentle prodding at the mind of the now Majin Etrina, then, the Oni offered a few words to the young woman before Etrina would feel a tug and find herself lifted up and pulled toward where Ishtar and Erosa both sat, and lay.
    And then her body lifted...her fingers slipping...and she began to float towards the oni and eva were, one seemingly stressed with an unseen task and....

'Time is short. Erosa requires the hands of her sister ... Is there enough left of you to provided what is necessary, or does the second Child of Magic, need a hand herself ?' Whether or not she did -- and really how Etrina responded -- would be made known soon; but until then at the very least, Ishtar used what power remained to her, to gently float Etrina, on upended gravity ... over to where a more hands on approach, could be managed if necessary.[/QUOTE]

"....Erosa....." The burning feeling in her chest intensified. Through bloodshot eyes she looked upon Erosa healed, but still unconscious form. With a growl she digged her hands and steadied herself, resisting the pull as she turned herself around until she was gripping the ground on all fours. Rather then accept the help, she started crawling like a wounded defiant animal. Only the barest prick of reason managed to shine through in her eyes, and they focused on the body of her familiar...her sister.....herself.

With effort she pushed herself to her feet, wobbled, and started stumbling forward.

---

...and through the mage herself wasn't aware of it, Ishtar saw something most troubling. As she stumbled towards them, a rather chipper looking figure was quietly walking beside her. Unseen to her, perhaps not even really there....but to Ishtar, who had touched the void, the figure was both visible and all too familiar.

The figure let her hand brush against the majin mages cheek, and the briefest thread of energy drifted between her fingers. Then with a smile, Hastur put her finger to her lips in Ishtars direction and faded from view.

---

Etrina felt something cold on her cheek, but the heat and single minded purpose was enough to pull her mind from dwelling on it too long. Ahead of her was the oni, and past her the body of her sister.

....and beyond that......beyond that?

Etrina blinked her eyes. Reason had nearly escaped her....but at the same time there were some sights that could bring even the creature was she now to a halt.

A flickering form, that of Erosa, hung suspended from any a tether of magic to the straining Eva and others. They were struggling to keep her from being pulled away.....

...and behind her, the outline of some monster....barely visible....was now doing the same. Its tendrils were now wrapped around the Id spirits leg and were pulling against the attempts to return her to her body. It was like some horrible tug of war between the material and the immaterial...and though she couldn't hear the id, she was mouthing a soundless scream that told the mage it wasn't a pleasant experience at all.

All the rage Etrina had for the Hybrid shifted......Ochazuke could have her, it was more then she deserved.

But this thing......how......dare.....it......

Her aura flared, wounded as she was, driven even further in rage then she had been before......The Mage charged her ki in her hand and aimed for the space just beyond the id, and only Ishtar and Eva could realize what she was truly aiming at.

.....and to Ishtar, the black energy coursing up the majin mages arm was all the indication she needed of what the voidlord had done.

"SHES NOT YOURS!!" Etrina screamed and fired a beam on pure void energy. The beam zig-zagged through the air, changing angles on the fly as it passed the ids body, and sliced a route directly through the tendril holding the ids soul.

The beam cut like a hot blade, severing the tendril and sending a wave of energy up along it until it reached the root of the creature.

Beneath its covered face, Ishtar saw a flickering of something.....a registering of something.....pain....eyes flickering open...

An unseen mouth opened and let out a scream that rattled Ishtars brain in her head, and by the look of it fared no better for Etrina or Eva, the former immediately cupping her head in her hands and collapsing next to Erosa.

Then....in the next moment.....silence had returned. The creature was gone...the pull on Erosa had dissipated to nothing. Her body floated in the immaterial, awaiting return to her body.

Etrina however, had faded into unconsciousness.

Praxat stops her thunder tongue barrage and quickly goes into boost mode and then resumes using her thunder tongue barrage to form a electromagnetic field.

OOC: Praxat current power level + Kizuna + Boost Mode ( 6x boost) = 4,500,000
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-14-2019 at 10:18 PM.
    My Forum check it out