Page 695 of 782 FirstFirst ... 195595645685691692693694695696697698699705745 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,425 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Replying through the same means of communication, 'I understand. Still, one lesson I learned long ago. When forced into a fight with an unknown, you can't retreat and you can't stall for time, the best thing to do is to go all out. There is no way to tell unless you test yourself against them. I hesitated because I wanted to fight you at your best, and I felt you were holding back.'
    Spidus shrugs slightly.

‘Perhaps. Luck....guardian. You will.... need it.’

Spidus bows and then loops off towards the waiting area.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    For a moment, Ochazuke's eyes closed, his expression muted as Nevanlinna's healing go to work. Unlike the certainly of wound edges meeting one another or the closure felt concealed beneath a bound wrapping, there was something that remained strange about the body's response reversing itself.

Bones shift beneath the skin, reset beneath the flesh where it cooled and blood was permitted to resume its flow. Yet in their brief moment of connection, Ochazuke's response was strangely muted.

Still, his reaction was all but affirmed, and as he rolled his shoulder back, he extended to Nevanlinna a brief nod.

Through the skill of Kyokushin Keihatsu, the relative position of the shooter and its target was determined, facing out from where their backs were to the Chaff Barrier. He fell silently into his focus, as his field of sense-awareness restablished itself.

Without being able to see what was concealed, nor hear the silent crest of that ripple, all that remained was to reach out and feel where to uncover the truth of this new assailant.

The consequence of his Battle Meditation were not always beneficial. The increased focus required to use the skill required the utmost composure. Often the engaged pursuit of awareness left him receptive to everything; when he was alert to the greater expanse and nature of hidden things, he was all-too aware of his own limitations.

Zao-!

Many times,the knowledge granted by heightened sense-awareness was an absolute certainly there was absolutely nothing he could do.

A resonance bound from the planet itself, the manifold field of energies resonated from Muhen Seikai Keihatsu, revealing the living essences of those raised here and the interlopers that tread in its space.

Flickering before the glimmer above, the Doctor's barrier seemed to twist the visible spectrum where the light danced into tapering aurora. In pursuit of this new attacker, Ochazuke's expanded field of sense-awareness served as both a means to uncover and as his medium of attack.

Burn.

Coursing without a spark, the spectral flame of Karura no Kaen leapt out invisibly, immolating all mediums of concealment their attacker stole away within; and the very spiritual essence they brought to being.
    A ripple, like heat shimmers on a hot day, and suddenly their attacker is revealed.

Koolard.

Their old foe that had gotten away is....different. The Arcosian/Saiyan hybrid is blank faced, less eager and more direct.

A finger beam slams into Asha’rah and Ochazuke each, tearing holes in both. For Asha’rah it takes her in the gut, for Ochazuke in his left shoulder.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Well, Shit."

The Nevadian laughed loudly, before whistling appreciatively.

"Incenio certainly knows how to live, I'll give him that. Is he about to start a war or something?"

He licked his lips as he took measure of the room. While originally, Held had intended on ascertaining the truth of Chris' statements before liberating Incenio of his treasure, he suddenly felt it was more prudent to liberate him of his war inventory, and if, by cirucumstance Incenio was innocent, the Nevadian would apologize heartily as he returned his property.

"I was hoping he kept some of that champagne down here, but this is almost as interesting...But, it's not what matters, is it?"

But, assuming all was as it was stated, it would have been foolish of Held not to properly examine what the Acrosian had on hand, and perhaps procure something or other that might be of use to himself, would it not?

" We should focus on the gem..." Held muttered to someone or other, as he gingerly poked and prodded the inventory, getting a feel for the Incenios personal tastes, while seeing if anything stood out amongst it.

"So...We'll all focus on different things. Chris, you said something about people, right? Althena is the only one who can sense the gem, and I....Well, I suppose I'll handle this kind of thing by default. Unless anyone has any better suggestions."

I normally don't like to split up with partners like this, but if nothing else, it would give us an idea of how anxious Chris is to double cross us...He'd likely try to take me out, if he's really after the gem.
    Chris nods.

“Yeah, Yeah. I’ll check the next level for people. The vaults should be down one of these next levels too.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Just a moment before the bell rings, Charco makes a last-minute bit of preparation as he once against messes with his phone.

"Just a moment... and... here we go."
    His song for the fight chosen, Charco took a casual fighting stance -a rarity in itself when it came to the boy doing anything resembling the traditional schools of martial arts- and addressed his opponent with a growing smirk, "Ready to get beaten four ways into the earth?"

Charco's opening act was to leap back, swiping outward with a clawed hand as if fending off some unknown assailant. Of course, his ability to create vacuum blades had been on full display with the last fight, but he had used a singular blade against Sammy. For Solarius, however, those Terrible Claws sliced the air in a multitude of ways, creating a wave of hatch mark cuts in the ring's surface as it headed toward his foe.

Just as it was with Sammy, this tactic was to gauge Solarius' reaction and see if this sense of deja vu would confirm itself.
    Solarius holds a hand up, and each hash mark that slices at him is halted at his hand as he blocks them in rapid succession.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held was silent for several moments as he starred absently into, or perhaps through, the wall in front of him, as if it held some long hidden horror behind it, with the Nevadian resigned to his fate.

It was difficult to say if he was more annoyed or surprised by the intrusion into his thoughts, or if it was more surprising that Althena was unfamiliar with the concept. She seemed unusual to be sure. But, it was what it was. Held could only play the hand dealt.

"Oh, wow." Held said with a nervous Laugh, before looking towards Althena, "Don't worry about it. I'll walk you through the concept anot---Huh?"

He turned away for a moment, noticing items that seemed distinctly--

"These are Nevadian?" Held asked himself, pushing aside what appeared to be simplistic junk weaponry from whatever civilization Incenio had collected it from.

With a slight grunt, he pushed a barrow housing various items out of the way, hoping to get a better look.

Tons of Nevadian, old and new, rare and common, weapons are on display.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Casting her eyes back about this time to where the Sheriff had fallen, Ishtar saw Rutaba leap from cover and grab the man and begin dragging him to cover. Certainly risky, on its own ... yet something she couldn't fault the young Saiyan for, taken as she was with notions of being a hero. Not knowing whether or not Zaofan -- the alternate, with his crimson eye -- was alive or dead however, posed some issue as far as offering succor was concerned and the Oni was quick to rectify it.

So reaching out telepathically, Ishtar forced a connection with the girl -- after apologizing for the intrusion -- and was quick to speak.

'If the man you saved is alive, do what you can to keep him that way; and let me know. I will do what I can to save him. A brief pause passed then, as the Oni scanned the horizon before adding for Rutaba's benefit, 'and that was very brave of you. Good job.'

The matter of the wounded -- and possibly dead -- Sheriff now handled for the moment, Ishtar turned her attention back to the heavens, and with a keen an eye as possible kept a lookout for the Assassin who had already struck once. Should he do so -- or attempt to do so -- again, she'd at least be able to respond with a barrier, buying time for Ochazuke to smoke him out.
    Gah! Ishtar was in her head suddenly. Rutaba hated when she did that. But there was no time to focus on that. A man's life was in peril!

"Okay, we'll try!" she responded out loud.

Pinach met her halfway and helped her carry Alt-Zaofan inside. They, along with Avoca, hurried into the sleeping area, where they laid him down on one of the beds.

"Now what?" Pinach asked. "None of us have healing powers, right?"

"Nope, but there's always janky first aid." Avoca ripped his shirt off and grimaced at the wound. It was straight through his heart, so there wasn't a lot they could do. "I need some plastic wrap. Hurry."

As they left to find some, she breathed in and held her hands out in front of her. Slowly, a pure white glow enveloped them. Unlike ki, this felt warm, like it had come out of her own body. Her own life energy. She wasn't sure if it would do anything - and it certainly wouldn't replace his heart - but it hopefully would stabilize him long enough for someone to heal him. Why am I even helping this guy? He's just some stupid human...

She grunted and compressed the life energy into a ball, which then floated out of her hand and into the gaping chest wound. From there, it would spread through his body. "Hopefully, that'll help him hang on. Hmph. You'd better be glad I'm feeling nice today, human."

Pinach and Rutaba ran in with the plastic wrap she asked for. "Now what?"

"Now help me wrap it around his chest."

"Why?"

"Beats me. I saw it on tv once. It's called a sucking chest wound and makes it hard to breathe. Now shut up and help me." They took the entire roll and wrapped it around his torso while Avoca carefully held his arms up.

It didn't take long for them to finish. The entire roll was spent, Alt-Zaofan's chest was wrapped up tightly, and the man was laying on the bed as comfortably as they could manage. All that was left for them to do was wait and hope Ishtar or someone to show up.

"You know, you'll make a great hero one day," Pinach beamed.

"Shut up."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Tch. So many wounded. She had planned to go attend to the alternate Zaofan after healing Ochazuke, but the... toadian or whatever she was had interrupted her. Sighing, she held out her hands towards Ochazuke--and Asha'rah, for all the good it would do to her mechanical body--and channeled Vaikuntha's energies through herself once again. This time, it flowed much easier and the finger beam injuries healed right up.

"Please, do take care of yourselves," she said. "And now to try to... salvage our guest's life." And with that, she shot downwards towards the lookout, keeping up her Aura of Fire to mitigate any fingers beams should that sniper get any bright ideas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Down on the lookout, Seri looked over the others as they attended to the fallen Zaofan. "Umm... maybe we could put him into Nev-Nev's world. Whenever you're there, you'll heal just from standing around!" She didn't know if it could heal a wound that bad, but it was worth a try... and she did have permission to there whenever she wanted, so maybe she could take others there too!
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Alt Zaofan grunts innoain, opening his crimson eyes.

“Damn......lucky.”

He grunts and moves to stand up.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Tch. So many wounded. She had planned to go attend to the alternate Zaofan after healing Ochazuke, but the... toadian or whatever she was had interrupted her. Sighing, she held out her hands towards Ochazuke--and Asha'rah, for all the good it would do to her mechanical body--and channeled Vaikuntha's energies through herself once again. This time, it flowed much easier and the finger beam injuries healed right up.

"Please, do take care of yourselves," she said. "And now to try to... salvage our guest's life." And with that, she shot downwards towards the lookout, keeping up her Aura of Fire to mitigate any fingers beams should that sniper get any bright ideas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Down on the lookout, Seri looked over the others as they attended to the fallen Zaofan. "Umm... maybe we could put him into Nev-Nev's world. Whenever you're there, you'll heal just from standing around!" She didn't know if it could heal a wound that bad, but it was worth a try... and she did have permission to there whenever she wanted, so maybe she could take others there too!
    Avoca stared bleakly at Seri. Where the hell did this one come from? Damn it, these kids are multiplying. As harrowing a thought as children just crawling out of the woodwork was, she couldn't focus on that. Instead, she devoted her brainpower toward what the hell a "Nev-Nev" was and where this kid planned on taking this guy. "What 'world' are you talking about, kid? The last time I tried to pass through this world's atmosphere, I nearly crash-landed."

Well, she didn't, but the ship certainly did.

"Whatever, let's go. This guy won't last long at this rate."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

“Damn......lucky.”

Holy shit.

The man was not only up, but was trying to stand.

Rutaba gently placed a hand on his shoulders. "Wait, Mister. We still need to heal you. You were shot through the chest and almost died, but we saved you!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Damn......lucky.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Avoca stared bleakly at Seri. Where the hell did this one come from? Damn it, these kids are multiplying. As harrowing a thought as children just crawling out of the woodwork was, she couldn't focus on that. Instead, she devoted her brainpower toward what the hell a "Nev-Nev" was and where this kid planned on taking this guy. "What 'world' are you talking about, kid? The last time I tried to pass through this world's atmosphere, I nearly crash-landed."

Well, she didn't, but the ship certainly did.

"Whatever, let's go. This guy won't last long at this rate."
    Holy shit.

The man was not only up, but was trying to stand.

Rutaba gently placed a hand on his shoulders. "Wait, Mister. We still need to heal you. You were shot through the chest and almost died, but we saved you!"
    Seri nodded. "Okay, let's just..."

Nevanlinna, having landed on the lookout a few moments prior, walked in that very moment to see Alt-Zaofan getting up. She cocked her head. "My, you... certainly have unusual vitality. Most wouldn't be alive after a shot to the heart."

"Nev-Nev!" Seri ran over to Nevanlinna and hugged her. The older woman closed her eyes in... slight embarrassment.

"Seri... not the time."

"Oh, um... sorry. It just feels like forever since I've seen you!"

"Mmm." Nevanlinna walked over to Alternate Zaofan and held out her hands. And, for the third time in a few minutes, she called upon Vaikuntha to flow through her and heal her target's wounds. And, once again, it responded even quicker than before, the energy washing over the sheriff and beginning to repair the grievous damage to his body.

Alt Zaofan nods his thanks.

“Tougher than I look.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Parsley landed on the Lookout and quickly took stock of the situation. Above, the hideous, unholy creature - the Saiyan/Icer hybrid - was floating above them. He must have been the one that shot and almost kill the alternate Zaofan. Speaking of, the man's PL was steadily rising, so he must have been okay. Avoca and the kids, along with Nevanlinna, were near him, so that was even better.

"An unholy mutt like yourself shouldn't exist," she sneered.

Her eyes cast over him, Observational Focus revealing its secrets to her. Whatever it was hiding, she would know it.

Alt Zaofan nods his thanks.

“Tougher than I look.”
    "I'm glad you're okay," Pinach said. "I can tell you're a hero, and heroes have to help each other out!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley landed on the Lookout and quickly took stock of the situation. Above, the hideous, unholy creature - the Saiyan/Icer hybrid - was floating above them. He must have been the one that shot and almost kill the alternate Zaofan. Speaking of, the man's PL was steadily rising, so he must have been okay. Avoca and the kids, along with Nevanlinna, were near him, so that was even better.

Her eyes cast over him, Observational Focus revealing its secrets to her. Whatever it was hiding, she would know it.

"I'm glad you're okay," Pinach said. "I can tell you're a hero, and heroes have to help each other out!"
    "You know, being a 'mutt' myself, this may be hypocritical of me to say this, but... I sort of agree," said Totoma, landing on the lookout's surface next to Parsley. Craning his head to look at Koolard, he sighed. "Pretty dangerous mix, though."

'course, he felt bad for it, since it had been created just to be a weapon. It didn't really have a choice in all this, as far as he could tell. Speaking of...

"...probably a heck of a lot stronger than last time, too. This is gonna be fun."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 03-17-2019 at 09:59 AM.

The battered form has beeen augmented with cybernetic components.

It was also now in front of her, it’s fist buried in her gut so hard three ribs crack. The tail slaps her in the face, sending her flying into Alt Zaofan, who catches her but ends of skidding across the ground.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM