Page 70 of 782 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170570 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 11718
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Ninety." [/I]
    This was it, as much as the build up was putting on a good act for the Jungos sake, who were likely salivating at all that non existent money, they were already getting pretty high up there.

This was it....this was going to be the killing blow.

Hand lifted, Etrina assumed the most smirky, condescending rich spoiled princess visage she could muster....which was pretty damn strong.

"100 Million!"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    This was it, as much as the build up was putting on a good act for the Jungos sake, who were likely salivating at all that non existent money, they were already getting pretty high up there.

This was it....this was going to be the killing blow.

Hand lifted, Etrina assumed the most smirky, condescending rich spoiled princess visage she could muster....which was pretty damn strong.

"100 Million!"
    "Two hundred."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "Good. I wish I could tell you I have a safe plan to free you, but as things stand violence will erupt soon enough. When that happens, protect the girl, stick together, and head immediately towards the source of my Ki. I will see to your safety."

Slak pauses to think of what else to add.

"Now, how many more slaves are there? Is there anything you have noticed that could be of use?"

‘300 to four hundred slaves. The Junjo have stolen much of our energy, but some few of us have rekindled some of it. There are two GP officers below who were also taken who have been gathering their power. They are quite strong.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Marduk screams in rage, power rising to eighteen thousand before the entire asteroid shakes slightly and alarms start going off. The large Jungo looks in surprise as the field around the two Namekains and the Oni girl drops.

The lights dim, then come back up as Meagan opens the pens below and sees hundreds of her people depowered and hurt. Freeing them she runs across some more Namekian, humans, the missing saiyans, and two GP officers.

All hell breaks lose above as the Junjo start going for the armoury to get their weapons and the buyers all power up and start going after the goods.

Enoki powers up and dives into the mix.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

"Two hundred."
    "....250!" Etrina choked out, now slightly less sure, but still maintaining her pose. "....thats quite enough....you can give up now...."

Marduk screams in rage, power rising to eighteen thousand before the entire asteroid shakes slightly and alarms start going off. The large Jungo looks in surprise as the field around the two Namekains and the Oni girl drops.

The lights dim, then come back up as Meagan opens the pens below and sees hundreds of her people depowered and hurt. Freeing them she runs across some more Namekian, humans, the missing saiyans, and two GP officers.

All hell breaks lose above asthe Junjo start going for the armoury yo get their weapons and the buyers all power up and start going after the goods.
    "Ack.....Damn it.....Erosa! Protect!" Etrina assumed a defensive stace in preparation for an attack aimed her way. Erosa, already acting on orders, slipped towards the little oni and the two namekians to intercept any attacks made on them.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 05-23-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    They die, no one notices. The devices seem to be portable neural stunners, but the tech is......strange. The energy cannot be absorbed by Adam, and the materials the weapon is made from is not known.
    Adam leaves the devices in the vent, but takes one along. Dropping to the floor, it attempts to open the door.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Ninety."

Ishtar offered a flickering acknowledgement before offering Sarada something that might explain just how determined she was to prevent this young Oni child from being taken away from her.

'Etrina first.'
    Ishtar's response, and the seriousness she felt as she delivered it, gave the Saiyan pause.

Etrina?

Yes, the girl was a little to involved in her role in this entire farce, but to kill her when they were all on the same side and playing with the same goal in mind was too extreme.

It only showed how serious the blue Oni was about saving the little Oni from Marduk and anyone else who sought to harm her. To kill one of her own for this child... Familial ties run deep in Oni culture, it seems. I can't pretend that I wouldn't do the same, or at least think about it, if it was one of my family up there.

In truth, it wouldn't have gotten this far in her case. She would have killed any and everyone who even thought of outbidding her, even though the intention was to simply leave, not pay beforehand.

Sarada wouldn't claim to be completely ignorant of the kind of bond Ishtar sought to form with this child. 'I see.' Still, she couldn't and wouldn't let it come to that. 'I can't let you do that, not when in the end, money makes no difference and we're on the same side with the same goal.'
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam leaves the devices in the vent, but takes one along. Dropping to the floor, it attempts to open the door.
    It does so as the alarms start going off all over the asteroid.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"....250!" Etrina choked out, now slightly less sure, but still maintaining her pose. "....thats quite enough....you can give up now...."
    At this point, Ishtar was continuing to bet solely so that she had a thing to focus on beyond her rage at being forced to wage a bidding war for the right to purchase a child. That Etrina felt herself compelled to engage her in this endeavor- a thing she would have expected more from Marduk- was adding to that slowly mounting fury; and was undoubtedly giving the small Oni a horrendous fright.

Narrowing her eyes at Etrina, the golden-eyed Oni turned her attention away for a moment, all but wholly disgusted by the young mage at this point; before throwing out a number double what she had offered. At the least it might be wise at this point to explain herself to the young Oni, if for no other reason than to prepare her for what was coming.

"Five hundred million."

Focusing on the small Oni that was cowering behind the two Namekian then, Ishtar exhaled her mind slowly and singled out the girl amidst the cacophony.

'Hello little one, I ... I am Ishtar. The Blue Oni ... Please do not be afraid, I simply wish to help you be free of this fate ...'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

All hell breaks lose above as the Junjo start going for the armoury to get their weapons and the buyers all power up and start going after the goods.

Well shit.

All hell had broken loose in a heartbeat. Marduk and the rest of his misbegotten ilk powered up and dove in head first for the goods. Sarada powered up to over ten thousand -- thanks to the secondary effect of Aka Manah -- then with a simple word, "Anaxam," her power rose to over fifteen thousand. With a furious scowl, she flew for the stage, bulldozing through nefarious buyers in pursuit of, not the Oni girl and the Namekians, but the renegade Oni to keep him from getting to the girl.

OOC: Anaxam is now active. Sarada's current PL is 15,187. Five posts to Sungam.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

‘300 to four hundred slaves. The Junjo have stolen much of our energy, but some few of us have rekindled some of it. There are two GP officers below who were also taken who have been gathering their power. They are quite strong.’
    "I see. You have my thanks. Remain strong."

After that Slak quickly contacts the members of their group who are not in the auction hall. "In addition to about four hundred slaves, there are apparently two GP officers below who are quite strong. If we free them, they could be valuable assets."

Now, all that remains is-

All hell breaks lose above asthe Junjo start going for the armoury yo get their weapons and the buyers all power up and start going after the goods.
    Okay, so they are doing this now. Slak raises his palm and fires.

DRAGON SHOT!

The blast does two things. One, tears a path from Slak to the stage. Two, explodes in front of the people who were about to jump into the stage.

"GET HERE! NOW!" Slak roars psychically even as he starts running to them.
    Last edited by Hazard; 05-23-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

"Hah, I called it. Here we goooo...!"

Zaofan zips to the stage, one flying kick across a random Junjo. Zaofan then lands on the stage, a jumping punch at the muscle-bound Junjo auctioneer, square in the chest.

"Ack.....Damn it.....Erosa! Protect!" Etrina assumed a defensive stace in preparation for an attack aimed her way. Erosa, already acting on orders, slipped towards the little oni and the two namekians to intercept any attacks made on them.
    Erosa could hear a friendly voice behind, "Good job, Erosa!" Zaofan appears behind her, patting her on the back. "Smart thinking, too, going after the captives."

It does so as the alarms start going off all over the asteroid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Okay, so they are doing this now. Slak raises his palm and fires.

DRAGON SHOT!

The blast does two things. One, tears a path from Slak to the stage. Two, explodes in front of the people who were about to jump into the stage.

"GET HERE! NOW!" Slak roars psychically.
    Over the comms, Zaofan speaks to the group. "Anyone with any healing capabilities -- if we're saving captives and slaves, we have to assume that many of them will need some healing so that they can at least run."

He then runs to the other side of the stage, to Slak directly. "Especially you, Slak. We have to keep an eye out for anyone too weak or injured to run on their own...! You'll be of utmost importance here!"
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-23-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Hah, I called it. Here we goooo...!"

Zaofan zips to the stage, one flying kick across a random Junjo, landing on the stage and punching the muscle-bound Junjo auctioneer, square in the chest.

Erosa could hear a friendly voice behind, "Good job, Erosa!" Zaofan appears behind her, patting her on the back. "Smart thinking, too, going after the captives."
    "Of course!" Erosa bobbed her head, then turned to the two Namekians and the little oni. "Hey Hey! We're here to help! C'mon...Don't be scared. I only bite the bad people!"

It happened in an instant then, Marduk screamed in rage before making a play for the girl; all thoughts of bargaining now gone in favor of claiming the Oni. For what Ishtar knew not, but it did not matter, and with a snarl of her own Ishtar found herself firing forward like a short towards the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Well shit.

All hell had broken loose in a heartbeat. Marduk and the rest of his misbegotten ilk powered up and dove in head first for the goods. Sarada powered up to over ten thousand -- thanks to the secondary effect of Aka Manah -- then with a simple word, "Anaxam," her power rose to over fifteen thousand. With a furious scowl, she flew for the stage, bulldozing through nefarious buyers in pursuit of, not the Oni girl and the Namekians, but the renegade Oni to keep him from getting to the girl.

OOC: Anaxam is now active. Sarada's current PL is 15,187. Five posts to Sungam.
    With a flare of rage, Sarada fired off towards Marduk as Ishtar began to hammer her way through the throng of people, the anger shared between the link only enhancing the the Oni's own ... yet she refrained from slipping into her own, Aeshma, for concern of what might be done in her anger. Instead the Oni simply continued forward in an attempt to pluck the Oni child from the cacophony.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Going over to the first pen, she opened it up to let those inside come out.
    The slave spout out, Meagan spitting two GP officers who have taken to being in charge and start helping organize the slaves quickly. There are so many of her people here it almost physically gets her to see them like this.

The two GP officers, both blue skinned humanoids, walk up.

“What’s the play? The guards will be here soon and we have our power but the ship we came in on was taken. You have any plan?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM