Page 708 of 782 FirstFirst ... 208608658698704705706707708709710711712718758 ... LastLast
Results 10,606 to 10,620 of 11718
  1. #10606
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash shook her head, "We all decided to wait til the chaff thing was finished, an maybe this whole alt-Jinzi thing. Jinzi has a whole lot of other things on his mind. Ultimately, the decisions as to when is up to Meg. Ah figgure She'll probably tell him when she gets' back."
    "A wise decision." With that, Parsley disappeared, only a golden trail of energy left in her wake. The more quickly she got back to the Lookout, the sooner she could show Avoca her Super Saiyan form. She could hardly wait!

    Hehe. Knowing her, she's probably fainted by now.

  2. #10607
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "A wise decision." With that, Parsley disappeared, only a golden trail of energy left in her wake. The more quickly she got back to the Lookout, the sooner she could show Avoca her Super Saiyan form. She could hardly wait!

    Hehe. Knowing her, she's probably fainted by now.
    With a slight frown, Dash takes as well, flying at her fastest leaving a rainbow comet tail behind her.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  3. #10608
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Whisper vs Cythlla is next, but the swordsman backs down after examining the voidling.

    “Sorry, but I got a better offer.”

    He nods to the large red robotic swordsman who’s up next, and will be her opponent if he wins the next bout.


    Bell vs Kenbo is next. Bell is clearly the stronger, and is easily manhandling Kenbo until the swordsman stops time and rings her out. She seems startled that he had this ability, and the crowd starts talking about how he’s clearly the favorite to win.


    The next round is called. Meg Luna vs the Deathstalker.
    Meagan finally steps up onto the arena. As she does, her cloak flies off of her shoulders and wraps it's self around her waist and lower abdomen. As it does, it becomes clear that Meagan is wearing a light-weight, high-tech armor [designed by Jinzi especially for her].

    As she faces her opponent she becomes hyperaware of the area around her, of her opponent. She uses her sense to detect Deathstalker's moves in order to respond as quickly as possible.

    The first thing she did as the match began was to use her own psychic power to probe her opponet's mind, carefully. She was testing to see if Lady Deathstalker's mind was resistant to psychic contact or open to it. The second was to respond to whatever actions her opponent sent her way. Her opponent was more powerful, in theory. In this case it's best to see her opening action first before using her own course of action.

    Even as she prepared her counters and defenses, Meagan spoke up, "Why is this gem, this prize, important to you?"
    Last edited by Tami; 03-23-2019 at 05:08 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  4. #10609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna returns, seeking out Dash and the others.
    Qaztoh stays with Praxat , Eva and Kai, " Praxat you idoit what in the hell possessed you to use the Max Mode Technique?" Qaztoh said.

    Praxat can feel her body starting to heal thanks to Eva and Kai, " I had no choice but to use it. There was a tough enemy and I need all the power I could get," Praxat said in a weak voice.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-23-2019 at 04:26 PM.

  5. #10610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Excellent, keep on talking! Louder if you can!" Blizzar asked of Althena, unable to hear her.



    Blizzar began to power up himself. "Now, no need to get testy, old boy..." Blizzar reprimanded. "You wished to know the power of an Arcosian of my caliber..." Blizzar retorted, holding his arms up over his face to assist in deflecting Incenio's attacks. "And now you shall!" the lieutenant bellowed, his power level rapidly increasing.

    "But, it's not simply power that will bring about your downfall..." Blizzar continued, looking for an opening in Incenio's movements before he counterattacked by jabbing at his sides with the rapid punches of his Fierce Flicker. "My technique is unmatched! You could access a hundred more forms and would be no match for my fists!"

    " The Feud between The Orpheus and Mazkiya clans went on for years. Many years into this feud Lufia Orpheus and Lucius Mazkiya were born. Lufia was the daughter of the head of the Orpheus clan Hera , and Lucius was the son of the head of the Mazkiya clan Zoe. Growing up Lufia despised the fighting between her clan and the Mazkiya Clan, " Althena said to Blizzar through her GP trancer at a frequency of 250 hertz.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-22-2019 at 07:55 PM.

  6. #10611
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,877

    Default

    Parsley landed on the Lookout.

    "SHE'S BACK! SHE'S BACK!!"

    She was immediately run into by two hyperactive pre-teen Saiyans. They circled around her excitedly, poking and prodding. Rutaba patted Parsley's hair, marveling at how spiky and pointy it was. "It looks like a yellow fire!"

    Pinach was busy poking her abdomen. There was no give, no matter how hard he poked and punched. "Her muscles are so hard, Avoca!"

    "Nnnh," Avoca moaned.

    At hearing how her mate was fairing, Parsley smirked and gently brushed past her brother. She was kneeling in front of her in an instant. "Believe me now?" She held a hand out to help her to her feet. Avoca's knees were rather weak at the moment, so she had to place a hand on the small of her back to keep her steady.

    "Y-yeah," she mumbled.

    The blush coloring her cheeks - both sets - was cute. Of course, here on the Lookout and in front of two children, there wasn't much she could do. Later, though, she'd properly see Avoca off before she and the children went home. "That chaff is gone, so you guys can finally go home." She gently led her inside so she could sit down.

    "Seriously?" Pinach asked as he and Rutaba followed them. "We can finally go home?"

    "Yes. The barrier preventing the portals from operating has finally be cleaned up."

    "Finally! Earth is great and all, but it'll be so awesome to finally sleep in my own bed again."

    "And finally see Maiz again. She must have been worried sick about us."

    "Yeah. Maiz."

    It wouldn't be long before Parsley herself would have to return to Vocado and face the woman she thought of as a mother for her entire life. What would she say? What could she possibly say?

    Well, the first thing she wanted to do was show that she was a Super Saiyan. She knew that Maiz would be so proud.

    ...

    Her throat was getting tight for some reason. "I need something to drink," she murmured stiffly.

    However that much anticipated reunion went would and should have been left to the future. She had more important things to worry about at the moment. The sooner Avoca, Pinach, and Rutaba were safe on Vocado, the better.

  7. #10612
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,303

    Default

    The others had departed some time ago, yet Ishtar had not found the strength to move from her vigil at Etrina's side. A thing so reminiscent to the battle with Battersea too years, ago ... the realization caused the Oni to offer a pained chuckle to no one but the unconscious Majin beside her.

    Around to the same place, once more ... and yet so different.

    Yet as the golden-eyed Oni sat and 'held the fort', she felt Totoma reopen a connection she'd allowed to fall a bit by the wayside -- the focus needed for such slipping somewhat after the massive expenditures of energy -- and a familiar voice found itself rattling around in her mind; and what it had to say was as flawed, as it was familiar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The Doctor is speaking through Koolardís remains.
    So Ishtar sat a little straighter ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďDoes it matter? Well, I suppose it wonít matter if you know or not. I lost, Totoma. Everything. You all, the company, Meagan, our son, and even Earth itself. Everything....gone. But I survived. I always survive. And I will have it all back, if I have to tear down the heavens itself, break death and conquer time, I will have it all back. None will stop me, my will is absolute.Ē

    He cocks his ruined head.

    ďDo you doubt my resolve, Totoma?Ē
    Familiar, indeed ...

    Had she herself, and several others not held the selfsame conversation -- in one variation or another -- three days prior ? The only difference between then and now, it seemed, was that the Doctor was not hiding behind false pretense or attempting to twist the truth of things into something altogether altruistic. He knew he was damned for what he did, and that mattered little.

    The end, he felt ... he knew, justified the means.

    And regardless the difference between then and now, that was as pitifully mistaken a belief as it had been three days ago.

    Yet the need for Ishtar to espouse as much, was unnecessary; as two familiar individuals -- and two she had helped the former less directly, and the latter far more so -- were quick to express their own thoughts on the matter:

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Ah, so that was it. Jinzi had been driven to what appeared to be madness by the loss of everything. How pitiful. Totoma understood that feeling, just a little bit, but...

    "No, I don't. However..." he trailed off for a moment, his expression hardening. "You are a fool, immature and weak. You are the worst kind of evil; just a deluded ghost that would sacrifice anything and everything just to resurrect the past. Acting like this just to satisfy your selfish desires leaves nothing but emptiness behind, and even if you succeed, this path will deny you any true happiness. I will stop you, not only for the world's sake, but also yours."

    He pointed at the doctor's mouthpiece and echoed Jinzi's statement in the form of a declarative, authoritative statement. "Do not doubt my resolve, villain."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A second chance.

    It was true; Parsley was given a second chance. She did her time; she paid for her sins in her past life. When she was resurrected, she had a new lease on life. The thing was, she earned her second chance, by paying her penance.

    "A second chance, you say. Yes, I have a new lease on life. I earned it; I paid for my sins. I would say that you, on the other hand, have only earned the right to join your wife and son in the afterlife, but let's be honest. You won't be seeing them where you're going. You plan to tear time itself apart at the seams just to have your family back; in doing so, you rob countless other Jinzi's of their families and loved ones, just so you yourself can have what you lost. A large leap from simply seeking a second chance.

    "But, maybe you succeed. Meagan, your son, and all of your friends will be back in your life. And, even better, they won't even realize what you've done. But, you will. And you will have to live the rest of your life knowing that simply waking up every morning next to your wife will serve as a lie being told directly to her face. Because she will believe she's still married to the man she knew before she died. You, on the other hand, will know beyond the shadow of all doubt that the Jinzi Pantaloons she wedded is long dead; and in his place is an idiotic, selfish, subhuman piece of trash who believes in the moronic notion that the ends justify the means.

    "But, you won't have to worry about spending each night wide awake knowing that you fail your wife's expectations every day. Because when I find you - and I will - I am going to kill you. Call it what you want; I choose to call it mercy."
    Totoma, and Parsley both tendered their responses, the words colored by the selfsame golden aura that enveloped their new forms; and for all the truth in what was offered, Ishtar could add no more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Silence reigns for a few seconds before he replies.

    ďWhoever said I planned on living through it?Ē
    Yet this ...

    Is this some joke ? The Oni wondered, silently

    The Doctor knew those he spoke to, had expressed as much ... yet this was his justification ? Of all the individuals you could could offered this single-minded rhetoric to; it was arguably the worst thing he could have offered for those he spoke to -- Totoma. Parsley. Ochazuke. Herself ... even, to a lesser extent, Sasheem -- Every single one of them had suffered the loss of everything they held dear. Many of those -- except perhaps, again, Sasheem -- had even been forced into watching it happen, some of those still even experiencing the pain of it firsthand; and this was what The Doctor offered to them ?

    Ishtar forced herself upright, blood immediately beginning to flow from the hole in her side, and the ragged cut across her back. Before she could arrive to offer her words of anger, and disgust however; the conversation ended with all the pomp and circumstance with which it had begun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďNot at all. Thatís why Iíve been buying time.Ē

    Koolardís face goes slack and then the remains explode in a massive fireball meant to engulf Parsley and Totoma in the exploding cyborgís near limitless energy heart.
    So instead, Ishtar found herself waiting to hear if any serious harm had been done, before rushing to the aid of those who'd been caught in the blast ... and with a shaky sigh -- of relief, and exhaustion, both -- it became self evident that either by means of their own strength, or their proximity; the blast did ultimately little harm, and simply served to end the conversation in a manner most ostentatious. Though unlike the last time the golden-eyed Oni had spoken with the Doctor, this alternate Jinzi Pantaloon ... her mind was not tampered with.

    The matter settled for now however, the Oni turned shakily back towards Etrina ... and with an eye on the unconscious, and transformed girl, she expended one of her remaining few charges of Dūraoöa into her -- in a bid to expedite the healing -- before she turned her thoughts toward other matters.

    'Nunlil, Glacia, Koolard, and the third of the adversaries sent by the Doctor have been dispatched ... it should be safe to return with Jinzi should you desire. With the Chaff gone, however ... we will need to act swiftly. What surprise was left to us, is now spent.'

    Turning her focus toward the others, then, the Oni reached out to each in turn and offered the following:

    'I can provide succor should you require such. Simply return to the Lookout so I might mend your injuries. More than that however, we must decide what is to be done now that the Chaff has been destroyed and the element of surprise has slipped from our fingers ...'

    That said, the Oni returned to her watching over of Etrina, mindful that the girl might return in her addled state requiring a ... firm hand. To say nothing of the conversation they needed to have -- a thing she could not hope to avoid in the moment -- about what was realized during the confrontation with that creature from within the Dream.3

    OT: Just so it's not missed Cleric, Ishtar reached out to Nunlil, to let her know it should be safe to bring Jinzi out of hiding. Do as you will with this.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  8. #10613
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held stared blankly at Saiyan warrior as she made sense of it all with a mere sentence.

    "...This was all a gambit?" Held said simply, almost in shock from the revelation, "The entire tournament was....An experiment?"

    It all clicked into place. The bodies surrounding the others were most likely other winners of previous tournaments. The Saiyans Zenkai, the eyes and heart of the Nevadian...Whatever Incenio had taken from the Namek was likely much the same.

    He's doing some sort of genetic or biological engineering?

    "...So the prize was just bait for big fish, huh?" Held asked himself with a wry laugh, before turning to the woman, "And I guess you were lured in by the gem as well."

    The Nevadian rubbed his forehead, deep in thought. What to do now? "But how in the hell is he going to take your Zenkai? Nevermind just taking all sorts of bio--"

    It was far too much, far too fast.

    He breathed deeply, clearing his mind. Motive and Method didn't matter.

    "Chris, this is what you wanted, isn't it? Wake the others, we'll figure out how to get them out from there."

    He turned to Althena, "Did Blizzar say anything yet?"

    His frown deepened as Althena appeared to randomly be serenading Blizzar with trivia about her people and home planet, going on and on, and....She probably didn't even hear Held, and Blizzar likely put his transceiver on the floor at this point.

    "Okay. Nevermind then."

    How are we going to do this? If we tell the others, there's a chance that pandemonium will break out...Half the other fighters likely wouldn't care what Incenio does as long as they get their prize...The other half look like battle crazed maniacs who would still fight for the hell of it....It's too risky to just reveal everything and kick down the door to Incenios hideout...

    He sighed. But, he couldn't just let his own teammates run into a trap unprepared.

    Meagan? He focused his mind on her.

    Forget it. Stay put. But the whole tournament's a game. The Winner apparently gets carved up for experimentation. I'm with the previous champion right now...She's seen better days. Two other Champions are corpses.

    He racked his mind. Who had joined the tournament again? Sarada? She wouldn't care what the setup was, so long as she could fight. Charco? He'd care possibly even less than Sarada would.

    Chythlla? Held had absolutely no idea what to make of that....thing...person...

    Do me a favor and keep it to yourself. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it, I think.

    He turned to the Saiyan woman once more, smiling with a slight bit of effort.

    "...I probably should introduce myself. I'm Held Debon. And you are....?
    ďNameís.....Enoki......Ē

    Held would remember the name and face. Looking closer, he realizes this is this timelineís version of Saradaís aunt.

    Chris goes to get a few others out. Of the tubes, only three more contain survivors. One human, one Promethean, and one kitsune looking female alien he doesnít recognize.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #10614
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The others had departed some time ago, yet Ishtar had not found the strength to move from her vigil at Etrina's side. A thing so reminiscent to the battle with Battersea too years, ago ... the realization caused the Oni to offer a pained chuckle to no one but the unconscious Majin beside her.

    Around to the same place, once more ... and yet so different.

    Yet as the golden-eyed Oni sat and 'held the fort', she felt Totoma reopen a connection she'd allowed to fall a bit by the wayside -- the focus needed for such slipping somewhat after the massive expenditures of energy -- and a familiar voice found itself rattling around in her mind; and what it had to say was as flawed, as it was familiar.



    So Ishtar sat a little straighter ...



    Familiar, indeed ...

    Had she herself, and several others not held the selfsame conversation -- in one variation or another -- three days prior ? The only difference between then and now, it seemed, was that the Doctor was not hiding behind false pretense or attempting to twist the truth of things into something altogether altruistic. He knew he was damned for what he did, and that mattered little.

    The end, he felt ... he knew, justified the means.

    And regardless the difference between then and now, that was as pitifully mistaken a belief as it had been three days ago.

    Yet the need for Ishtar to espouse as much, was unnecessary; as two familiar individuals -- and two she had helped the former less directly, and the latter far more so -- were quick to express their own thoughts on the matter:



    Totoma, and Parsley both tendered their responses, the words colored by the selfsame golden aura that enveloped their new forms; and for all the truth in what was offered, Ishtar could add no more.



    Yet this ...

    Is this some joke ? The Oni wondered, silently

    The Doctor knew those he spoke to, had expressed as much ... yet this was his justification ? Of all the individuals you could could offered this single-minded rhetoric to; it was arguably the worst thing he could have offered for those he spoke to -- Totoma. Parsley. Ochazuke. Herself ... even, to a lesser extent, Sasheem -- Every single one of them had suffered the loss of everything they held dear. Many of those -- except perhaps, again, Sasheem -- had even been forced into watching it happen, some of those still even experiencing the pain of it firsthand; and this was what The Doctor offered to them ?

    Ishtar forced herself upright, blood immediately beginning to flow from the hole in her side, and the ragged cut across her back. Before she could arrive to offer her words of anger, and disgust however; the conversation ended with all the pomp and circumstance with which it had begun.



    So instead, Ishtar found herself waiting to hear if any serious harm had been done, before rushing to the aid of those who'd been caught in the blast ... and with a shaky sigh -- of relief, and exhaustion, both -- it became self evident that either by means of their own strength, or their proximity; the blast did ultimately little harm, and simply served to end the conversation in a manner most ostentatious. Though unlike the last time the golden-eyed Oni had spoken with the Doctor, this alternate Jinzi Pantaloon ... her mind was not tampered with.

    The matter settled for now however, the Oni turned shakily back towards Etrina ... and with an eye on the unconscious, and transformed girl, she expended one of her remaining few charges of Dūraoša into her -- in a bid to expedite the healing -- before she turned her thoughts toward other matters.

    'Nunlil, Glacia, Koolard, and the third of the adversaries sent by the Doctor have been dispatched ... it should be safe to return with Jinzi should you desire. With the Chaff gone, however ... we will need to act swiftly. What surprise was left to us, is now spent.'

    Turning her focus toward the others, then, the Oni reached out to each in turn and offered the following:

    'I can provide succor should you require such. Simply return to the Lookout so I might mend your injuries. More than that however, we must decide what is to be done now that the Chaff has been destroyed and the element of surprise has slipped from our fingers ...'

    That said, the Oni returned to her watching over of Etrina, mindful that the girl might return in her addled state requiring a ... firm hand. To say nothing of the conversation they needed to have -- a thing she could not hope to avoid in the moment -- about what was realized during the confrontation with that creature from within the Dream.3

    OT: Just so it's not missed Cleric, Ishtar reached out to Nunlil, to let her know it should be safe to bring Jinzi out of hiding. Do as you will with this.
    Nunlil and Jinzi reappear, even as Alt Zaofan and Asha’rah are treated for their grevious wounds.

    Jinzi looks around.

    “So...what did I miss?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #10615
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan finally steps up onto the arena. As she does, her cloak flies off of her shoulders and wraps it's self around her waist and lower abdomen. As it does, it becomes clear that Meagan is wearing a light-weight, high-tech armor [designed by Jinzi especially for her].

    As she faces her opponent she becomes hyperaware of the area around her, of her opponent. She uses her sense to detect Deathstalker's moves in order to respond as quickly as possible.

    The first thing she did as the match began was to use her own psychic power to probe her opponet's mind, carefully. She was testing to see if Lady Deathstalker's mind was resistant to psychic contact or open to it. The second was to respond to whatever actions her opponent sent her way. Her opponent was more powerful, in theory. In this case it's best to see her opening action first before using her own course of action.

    Even as she prepared her counters and defenses, Meagan spoke up, "Why is this gem, this prize, important to you?"

    She shrugs.

    “Prestige and power.”

    She lobs two orbs of fire at Meagan.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #10616
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Excellent, keep on talking! Louder if you can!" Blizzar asked of Althena, unable to hear her.



    Blizzar began to power up himself. "Now, no need to get testy, old boy..." Blizzar reprimanded. "You wished to know the power of an Arcosian of my caliber..." Blizzar retorted, holding his arms up over his face to assist in deflecting Incenio's attacks. "And now you shall!" the lieutenant bellowed, his power level rapidly increasing.

    "But, it's not simply power that will bring about your downfall..." Blizzar continued, looking for an opening in Incenio's movements before he counterattacked by jabbing at his sides with the rapid punches of his Fierce Flicker. "My technique is unmatched! You could access a hundred more forms and would be no match for my fists!"
    Incenio grunts, a few blows landing on his sides, but he is a surprisingly potent fighter. Blizzar finds that he is nearly his match in skill. The elevator has now gone down another level. One more and theyíll be in the sub basement with Held and the others.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #10617
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Ha! To be fair, I pulled that last one out of my ass. Never used it before." Charco said, hopping down from the ring to offer his opponent a hand up.

    "You'll have to show me what you're really made of next time."
    Solarius nods, grinning, as Charco helps him up.

    ďYeah, next time.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  13. #10618
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    By the spread of their collective strike, everything converged onto Koolard in an instant. The Doctor's third living weapon stove to complete what his ill brethren had started, seeking to seize on their weakened moment.

    When the Genki had left him, Ochazuke could only hover in the air, exhausted. The gathered sum of wills weighing upon him lost their heft, and in the instant the cyborg spitefully turned his attention to bystanders, the very thing that he thought was clinging to himreleased their hold. The ten-thousand whispers voiced their dissent. They spread their hands wide. Supporting behind him, they became his strength as they pushed him forward.

    The Earth's unheard voice. Gathered to a silent mass, the Doctor heard them shout back. And when he saw the rising lights over the spread of cities on the horizon, he knew, for the moment, this battle was over.



    Koolard's assault was over, and with the curtained suspension that sealed their planet away shattered, their gateway to return had been nullified.

    Yet the Chaff arose to shroud passage onto a blind path. Without it...

    From this distance, the linkage through the psychic relay revealed that not all was quite as it seemed. A clearing in the woods...

    A burning surface over familiar roots which sunk deep into the Earth. It answered my plea...yet still I must ask for more. Establishing Muhen Seikai Keihatsu, shoulders sagging in mid-flight, he strained to concentrate as his meditation field re-established itself.



    The Doctor spoke, his fallen creation less a minion and more a vector. He spoke of loss, of second chances, and starting over. A man who had realized everything from his exemplary genius. Having experienced the power of a wish, he knew there was something even he could not grasp. When at last he needed his answered, when at last he had no answers, he reached for something more.

    A man who created life stole from his creation its will and its purpose. He called it his resolve.

    Kei'i-Ken.

    To realize his ambition, all else would fall before his.

    Ochazuke increased his focus, the resonance of the Earth empowering his skill of Kyokushin Keihatsu.

    The Chaff was gone, the gateway had been closed. But the Doctor's view still saw that tether that stretched along a path of misery, a figment of a vision he communicated he would know.

    Tracing the source connection between Koolard, the Doctor, and the myriad of energy signatures he'd come to know well these recent days, Ochazuke sought to uncover the space between spaces. Pursuing knowledge of the unknowable, he began to trace the nature of the Doctor's presence, and by this uncover the means find where - or when - he was located.

    Banjakuza.
    His mind flies away. Far out, into space, Ochazukeís mind flies down the thread that connects Koolard to the Doctor. Space and time bend as the connection goes far deeper into space, into a place long forgotten. Ochazuke sees ancient factories of the First Race and an asteroid field protecting it and the ancient ship yards therein.

    The Doctor does not know he has traced this connection.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #10619
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " The Feud between The Orpheus and Mazkiya clans went on for years. Many years into this feud Lufia Orpheus and Lucius Mazkiya were born. Lufia was the daughter of the head of the Orpheus clan Hera , and Lucius was the son of the head of the Mazkiya clan Zoe. Growing up Lufia despised the fighting between her clan and the Mazkiya Clan, " Althena said to Blizzar through her GP trancer at a frequency of 250 hertz.
    "Alright, let's switch the topics a little," Blizzar stated, assuming it was time to change the pace and shift to a new subject of discussion regarding the Toadian race as he fought his foe, who proved to be a far more difficult opponent than he realized. "How about biology? That is to say, a rather excruciatingly detailed explanation of your races physical attributes and reproductive cycle!"

    In the midst of the battle, Blizzar ducked a swipe from Incenio's tail, before leaning over and whispering in the alternate Arcosuan's ear, "Have fun with this one, old boy..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Incenio grunts, a few blows landing on his sides, but he is a surprisingly potent fighter. Blizzar finds that he is nearly his match in skill. The elevator has now gone down another level. One more and they’ll be in the sub basement with Held and the others.
    Blizzar ducked backwards hoping to avoid a retaliatory strike from his rival. A right hook to the face, two jabs to his side. Rinse and repeat. Nothing too fancy just yet. For he was utilizing his Kinetic Charge, increasing his already formidable power level by five hundred with every two hits.

    The elevator was going down...meaning it could be only a matter of time before he regrouped with Held and the others...excellent. if he managed to accumulate enough power then, he may be able to devise something to defeat this insipid cadaver. And even if that failed, he would have backup at the ready.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 03-23-2019 at 11:36 AM.

  15. #10620
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She shrugs.

    “Prestige and power.”

    She lobs two orbs of fire at Meagan.
    As Meagan's Third Eye opens barely and very briefly, she swipes her hands at the on-coming fire-balls and they fizzle out as she absorbs their energy, converting it to Ki.

    She then quickly lobs a Supernova-Blast Grenade at her, designed to explode just out of Deathstalker's reach and give off a concussive blast which, if it works, should send her flying backwards.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •