Page 748 of 782 FirstFirst ... 248648698738744745746747748749750751752758 ... LastLast
Results 11,206 to 11,220 of 11718
  1. #11206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “In the casino proper. I can get you there if we can get out of this l.....”

    Tanaki had walked over to the elevator and was tapping at the controls. She pulls out some sort of device and after attaching it to the controls, backs away with a satisfied grin. Some sort of countdown was happening with the device.

    “Be ready. We’ll be out of here in five seconds. Hold on to your lunch.”
    Althena decides to take this time to spiritually meditate.

  2. #11207
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Afte a moment he responds.

    ďExcellent! What did you find?Ē
    "It looks like some kinda large, glowing rock. A meteor or something. Ah think it's either radioactive or contains some weird power source, the energy levels it's giving off are very high. Cya an ah are keeping our distance, just in case. Though ah assume you want us to bring it to you?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  3. #11208
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Kenbo reacts preternaturally fast, hand moving just out of the way enough that the blasts miss.

    “I seek to be more, yes, but even I accept the limitations of reality. You fight a match you cannot win.”

    He plunges the sword tip into the arena and carves a mark into it.

    “Time consumes all, and when the light fades from the last star and Time has had its fill, the Void will have nothing left to lust and seek after. And without us, the Void has no meaning. Without us, you are nothing, voidling.”

    He then pops the sword out if the arena ground and tosses it into the floor outside the arena, point down, where it plants itself firmly.
    "...Time is not the only thing poised to consume this universe.....if you accept the limitations of reality, as you say, then you are ill-fated to stand against them..." Cthylla aura shifts, her Klaxxian Horror facade bubbling to the surface. Her stance shifts...not quite human anylonger....like a rag doll supported by otherworldly strings.

    "When the last light burns out....the void will return to what it once was. I wonder.....will I sleep.....will I dream of what once was....or will I cease to be. Regardless, I choose to preserve this fleeting dream for as long as I am able....If I am to be nothing without you, I will do what must be done to preserve that."

    "You.....however......the universe, the gods, the void......none will feel nor care when you are gone. Only I will remember you when all other lights have gone out, and I will hold you in my dreams...."

    The void stars that had propelled themselves into the air at the start of the fight finally came raining down, each one aiming for a part of the arena....Cthylla herself flying up past them into the air. She meant to destroy the arena platform and leave no place to stand for the swordsman, if no obliterate him outright.

    Klaxxian Horror Aura
    -15% PL + Intimidation
    Last edited by MrSandman; 04-09-2019 at 05:03 AM.

  4. #11209
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "...Time is not the only thing poised to consume this universe.....if you accept the limitations of reality, as you say, then you are ill-fated to stand against them..." Cthylla aura shifts, her Klaxxian Horror facade bubbling to the surface. Her stance shifts...not quite human anylonger....like a rag doll supported by otherworldly strings.

    "When the last light burns out....the void will return to what it once was. I wonder.....will I sleep.....will I dream of what once was....or will I cease to be. Regardless, I choose to preserve this fleeting dream for as long as I am able....If I am to be nothing without you, I will do what must be done to preserve that."

    "You.....however......the universe, the gods, the void......none will feel nor care when you are gone. Only I will remember you when all other lights have gone out, and I will hold you in my dreams...."

    The void stars that had propelled themselves into the air at the start of the fight finally came raining down, each one aiming for a part of the arena....Cthylla herself flying up past them into the air. She meant to destroy the arena platform and leave no place to stand for the swordsman, if no obliterate him outright.

    Klaxxian Horror Aura
    -15% PL + Intimidation
    Kenbo nods, and as the destruction rains down, seems to accept his fate.

    When the dust settles, the arena is gone. However, off to the side stands Kenbo, standing atop the section of arena he carved a special mark into. It had teleported to where his sword was (the sword now gone), he with it, and now it remained the only arena section left, barely big enough for him to stand with both legs.

    “Predictable move. I see I cannot beat you without causing harm to these innocents. Nor can I overpower you safely here, you are too dangerous. Another tactic is required.”

    He makes a gesture, and from above her a sword with a piece of dirt and rock on it bops her on the back of the head lightly, no damage done.

    His sword, with pieces of the ground from outside the arena had teleported and struck her.

    Kenbo looks at Incenio and calls out.

    “By the technical set of rules you placed on this Tournament, she has made contact with the floor. That is grounds for her being disqualified and for myself to win the bout, yes?”

    Incenio floats up a bit, hand on chin, smirking.

    “Perhaps. A curious tactic.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #11210
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "It looks like some kinda large, glowing rock. A meteor or something. Ah think it's either radioactive or contains some weird power source, the energy levels it's giving off are very high. Cya an ah are keeping our distance, just in case. Though ah assume you want us to bring it to you?"
    “Yes please. Either of you have a capsule on hand to contain it?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #11211
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Kenbo nods, and as the destruction rains down, seems to accept his fate.

    When the dust settles, the arena is gone. However, off to the side stands Kenbo, standing atop the section of arena he carved a special mark into. It had teleported to where his sword was (the sword now gone), he with it, and now it remained the only arena section left, barely big enough for him to stand with both legs.

    “Predictable move. I see I cannot beat you without causing harm to these innocents. Nor can I overpower you safely here, you are too dangerous. Another tactic is required.”

    He makes a gesture, and from above her a sword with a piece of dirt and rock on it bops her on the back of the head lightly, no damage done.

    His sword, with pieces of the ground from outside the arena had teleported and struck her.

    Kenbo looks at Incenio and calls out.

    “By the technical set of rules you placed on this Tournament, she has made contact with the floor. That is grounds for her being disqualified and for myself to win the bout, yes?”

    Incenio floats up a bit, hand on chin, smirking.

    “Perhaps. A curious tactic.”
    Perhaps it was the comedic boop sound, or the look of confusion on the Voidlings face....but the air of otherworldly terror almost immediately evaporated, and was replaced by ackward silence.

    ".....I protest!" Cthylla suddenly and adamantly exclaimed, with more emotion then she had mustered most the of the fight. "....once material is separated from the floor is shouldn't remain under the same definition....or am I to understand the finest grain of dust from the ground is enough to warrant a disqualification. I imagine your tournaments would be quite boring as soon as the wind picked up...."

  7. #11212
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,881

    Default

    "Tch. What a dickhead," Sarada grunted. Kenbo tried to find a loophole around the rules to give himself the win, the asshole. That was how she knew he was beaten. "Stop being a rules lawyer, you asshole!" she shouted. "Fight!"

  8. #11213
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďIn the casino proper. I can get you there if we can get out of this l.....Ē

    Tanaki had walked over to the elevator and was tapping at the controls. She pulls out some sort of device and after attaching it to the controls, backs away with a satisfied grin. Some sort of countdown was happening with the device.

    ďBe ready. Weíll be out of here in five seconds. Hold on to your lunch.Ē
    "Quite the gadget you have there..." Blizzar nodded, having seen similar devices in his own timeline. "Once I arrive at Incenio's office, would you mind if I borrowed it for a spell?"

  9. #11214
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Perhaps it was the comedic boop sound, or the look of confusion on the Voidlings face....but the air of otherworldly terror almost immediately evaporated, and was replaced by ackward silence.

    ".....I protest!" Cthylla suddenly and adamantly exclaimed, with more emotion then she had mustered most the of the fight. "....once material is separated from the floor is shouldn't remain under the same definition....or am I to understand the finest grain of dust from the ground is enough to warrant a disqualification. I imagine your tournaments would be quite boring as soon as the wind picked up...."
    “That is true, but it is by no means dust you were struck with.” Incenio says, gesturing to the three or four pound chunk of material that struck her.

    “I must say this is.......strange. Very well then, I shall call the match done for now and confer a moment with my people. Please, all, remain seated. I shall return soon.”

    Incenio floats down and starts speaking quietly with two of his guards.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #11215
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Quite the gadget you have there..." Blizzar nodded, having seen similar devices in his own timeline. "Once I arrive at Incenio's office, would you mind if I borrowed it for a spell?"
    While similar to one’s he’s used, this one isrougher and more a prototype he realizes.

    “It’s a one time use, emergency transport. Feeds off any preexisting energy. Everyone crowd in, it’s ready.”

    A rift starts forming and Tanaki callsmoit.

    “Go go go!”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #11216
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “That is true, but it is by no means dust you were struck with.” Incenio says, gesturing to the three or four pound chunk of material that struck her.

    “I must say this is.......strange. Very well then, I shall call the match done for now and confer a moment with my people. Please, all, remain seated. I shall return soon.”

    Incenio floats down and starts speaking quietly with two of his guards.
    Cthylla watched Incenio confer with his guard while muttering something regarding tournament regulations being a 'terrible civilization'.

  12. #11217
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Meehsas narrowed his eyes as he eyed the aura around Charco's head. The coloration changed...was that in response to damage or a subtle warning that he had begun to unleash something dangerous....Only one way to find out. Meehsas charged at Charco but his body came to a halt as the teen launched several energy spikes out of his leg.

    His momentum too fast, MEehsas fell backwards, avoiding the first spike, but failing to dodge the other two which pierced his right leg. "Argh!" Meehsas frowned, clutching his knee. He was going to have to fight the urge to limp. Pain was just a nuisance, a distraction.

    "Oh you best believe it's misused...that's why we place our hope....in the future!" Meehsas grimaced. "Kids like you...you can help fix the system in the present and the future!" He shouted, drawing out his smg and shooting up the arena itself, bringing up rubble from around every edge and corner.

    From there he used his food beam magic, in the hope that if it was used around Charco, whatever anti-magic ability he had wouldn't effect it. And while the arena was potentially transforming around them, Meehsas was charging ahead, using flight to hover just off the ground to avoid using his injured leg too much.

    He sped towards Charco, activating his barrier-armor in case any ki-techniques were used, raising his uninjured leg for....A RUNNING KNEE! A running knee headed right towards Charco's face!
    Meehsas' magic appeared to work as long as it did not immediately affect the boy, although Charco was finding it difficult to comprehend the environment around him as the severance of him and magic by Lain's Fang had also rid him of his natural sense of understanding it. Still, it was not entirely enough to keep him occupied as the teenager raced to meet his opponent half-way.

    "FUCK THAT! That's laziness and you know it! Instead of hoping the future generations will clean up your shitty mess..."

    Meehsas was hedging his bets on kneeing Charco in the face, however, Charco would reply by launching a headbutt at the Sgt's, his skull, shielded by the Thyreophora would be enhanced by his Ankylo Smash.

    "... STOP LOOKING TO THE FUTURE AND FIX THE PRESENT!!"

    It would be a battle of whether it would be Charco's skull or Meehsas' knee that gave way.

    ------
    Combat Information

    [Thyreophora, Second State Active
    Current PL: 1,350,000
    Posts Until Detonation: 1]

  13. #11218
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Meehsas' magic appeared to work as long as it did not immediately affect the boy, although Charco was finding it difficult to comprehend the environment around him as the severance of him and magic by Lain's Fang had also rid him of his natural sense of understanding it. Still, it was not entirely enough to keep him occupied as the teenager raced to meet his opponent half-way.

    "FUCK THAT! That's laziness and you know it! Instead of hoping the future generations will clean up your shitty mess..."

    Meehsas was hedging his bets on kneeing Charco in the face, however, Charco would reply by launching a headbutt at the Sgt's, his skull, shielded by the Thyreophora would be enhanced by his Ankylo Smash.

    "... STOP LOOKING TO THE FUTURE AND FIX THE PRESENT!!"

    It would be a battle of whether it would be Charco's skull or Meehsas' knee that gave way.

    ------
    Combat Information

    [Thyreophora, Second State Active
    Current PL: 1,350,000
    Posts Until Detonation: 1]
    "YOU DON'T THINK THAT'S THE PLAN?!" the Sgt grimaced. "WE EACH DO OUR PART, CHANGING THE SYSTEM FROM WITHIN! A LONG PROCESS BUT WE FIGHT IN THE PRESENT SO THAT YOU CAN FIGHT IN THE FUTURE!"

    Meehsas knee collided with Charco's headbutt in an explosion of energy, the two locked in a stalemate in the middle of the ring. Meehsas could feel the bones in his knee cracking. This kid really didn't go to any formal schools? But he had to have some sort of training to manage all of this. Just what the hell was he made of?!

    Meehsas knew he really didn't have the time to find out. Not before his other leg cracked. Instead of trying to charge onward, he moved upward. Suddenly, he flew backwards and disengaged the clash, hoping the sudden motion would cause Charco to topple over while he tried one last ditch maneuver.

    The magical effect Meeshas placed on the arena began to finally take effect. On each corner of the arena rose a stalk of cinnamon stick. And wrapped around and between each cinnamon stick were four strands of spaghetti. The arena had become a ring! Meehsas ripped the sleeve and armor off his right arm before pointing to each side to show the crowd gathered which way he could possibly be headed. The Sgt then flew towards the ring 'ropes' at full speed.

    He collided with the pasta ropes to his left, giant, magical and al dente, they were sturdy enough to with stand his speed and weight. The ropes gave way slightly, the cinnamon ring posts holding sturdy as they slingshotted Meehsas from one end of the ring to another. Meehsas hit the 'ropes' on the other side, being slingshotted again...this time towards Charco.

    As he neared his foe, Meehsas began to quickly motion his arms and leg, following the ancient katas. And if Charco was indeed laying on the floor, he would've been hit with an arena splintering technique! The Nation's Elbow!


  14. #11219
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Yes please. Either of you have a capsule on hand to contain it?”
    Dash searched her pockets, only to realize that she had left her capsules back at the Lookout.

    Cyanna smirked, then slipped a hand into the top of her shirt, pulling out one lone capsule. Handing it to Dash, "I always carrying one, just in case."

    Taking the capsule, but looking at her strangely, "And you hide it in your boobs?"

    "Don't be so crass, Dash. I hid it in my bra. Nothing wrong with that."

    "If you say so." Dash then opened the capsule and used it to encapsulate the meteor. Once sealed up, she picked it up carefully, as she spoke to Jinzi over the comm, "We got it an we're on our way back."

    The two then took off, lifting off to head back to the lookout.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  15. #11220
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "YOU DON'T THINK THAT'S THE PLAN?!" the Sgt grimaced. "WE EACH DO OUR PART, CHANGING THE SYSTEM FROM WITHIN! A LONG PROCESS BUT WE FIGHT IN THE PRESENT SO THAT YOU CAN FIGHT IN THE FUTURE!"

    Meehsas knee collided with Charco's headbutt in an explosion of energy, the two locked in a stalemate in the middle of the ring. Meehsas could feel the bones in his knee cracking. This kid really didn't go to any formal schools? But he had to have some sort of training to manage all of this. Just what the hell was he made of?!

    Meehsas knew he really didn't have the time to find out. Not before his other leg cracked. Instead of trying to charge onward, he moved upward. Suddenly, he flew backwards and disengaged the clash, hoping the sudden motion would cause Charco to topple over while he tried one last ditch maneuver.

    The magical effect Meeshas placed on the arena began to finally take effect. On each corner of the arena rose a stalk of cinnamon stick. And wrapped around and between each cinnamon stick were four strands of spaghetti. The arena had become a ring! Meehsas ripped the sleeve and armor off his right arm before pointing to each side to show the crowd gathered which way he could possibly be headed. The Sgt then flew towards the ring 'ropes' at full speed.

    He collided with the pasta ropes to his left, giant, magical and al dente, they were sturdy enough to with stand his speed and weight. The ropes gave way slightly, the cinnamon ring posts holding sturdy as they slingshotted Meehsas from one end of the ring to another. Meehsas hit the 'ropes' on the other side, being slingshotted again...this time towards Charco.

    As he neared his foe, Meehsas began to quickly motion his arms and leg, following the ancient katas. And if Charco was indeed laying on the floor, he would've been hit with an arena splintering technique! The Nation's Elbow!
    Stars filled his vision as his brain rattled from the impact of Meehsas' knee and for just a brief second, Charco could have sworn he blacked out, yet the familiar sounds of bones crunching roused his focus back to consciousness. Despite the satisfaction of inflicting enough of an injury against Meehsas to deem any potential injury of his own as worth it, the boy's legs were unsteady on their own, a fact made apparent once his opponent disengaged from the fight.

    A step forward was taken, only for the teenager to fall onto his back and a sudden wave of vertigo struck him as the arena around him whirled and churned in his vision. Somewhere in his perspective, he could see Meehsas was doing... something. It was hard to tell what the Sargeant was bouncing off of, but it reminded him of ZWF once again.

    ... a world with martial arts academies... must be nice...

    He had spent the fight getting worked up in his role as rebellious teenager that Charco had forgotten that they were from different worlds, universes, and times. Perhaps, were he born where Meehsas was from, things would have been different and he would have been just like him, but he wasn't. Things didn't work like that where he was from. The boy had to abandon his parents and his education to focus on survival against those who would bring ruin to his world and universe. That was the Dino School way...
    Meehsas' elbow descended toward him and Charco once again rose to meet him in defiance. The Sargeant's elbow smashing into his face and breaking his nose with a gush of blood, yet the boy continued to rise, a new surge of power coursing through him, his body visibly bulking up as he tapped into the Thyreophora's Third State, eschewing his mobility and speed for power and durability. Powering through the pain and disorientation, Charco threw an uppercut underneath Meehsas' chin, the sheer force of the blow alone was enough to launch most into the air.

    He would show Meehsas the Dino School's most important rule of combat: survival through power overwhelming.

    Energy crackled wildly as Charco created those twin orbs of energy, their usual green mixing with the orange of the Thyreophora to create ki of a dark teal color.

    "TYRANNO..."

    Those who had witnessed Charco's fight with Sammy would find this situation very familiar.

    "...TITAN..."

    The arena beneath his feet cracked, spiderwebbing throughout the entire structure to the point that its stability was in peril of collapsing at any moment.

    "BLAST!!"

    The blast's light drowned out all other light sources in the building, its backlash breaking off massive portions of the arena and lobbing it toward the audience and any security measures Incenio would have in place. Those sensitive in ki would feel Charco's power level decreased dramatically as if he was forcibly expelling it into the blast, a hunch that would be correct as this would be the only way to avoid the consequences of the Thyreophora. Eventually would the light die out and the dust settles to find the boy resting on one knee, awaiting any sign of Meehsas.

    ------
    Combat Information

    [Thyreophora, Third State Expended
    Power Leve During Post: 1,800,000]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •