Page 777 of 782 FirstFirst ... 277677727767773774775776777778779780781 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,655 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Imminent crisis sorted and distilled one's core qualities. In wandering into a conflict beyond her reckoning, even with all they had discussed this stranger offered to help.

"The structure of the heart itself is composed of a distinct alloy," he said, "further more, the chaff barrier that surrounded the Earth hours ago was refined of a different material from the same source, and we have procured a sample of that as well."

It was wherever Pantaloon was; he seemed to remove himself from the discussion as soon as Meagan returned.

"Searching for answers, it becomes difficult to see a thing for what it is. Patterns emerge from a need for understanding, whether they exist or not. What does your Elemental Way seek?" Hand still gripping the inscribed chrome, Ochazuke held the machine-heart before Aleka.

"Show me."

"Did you plan for the hybrid, Koolard, Praxat?" A useless, rhetorical question. The Doctor's third hybrid bastard emerged as suddenly as its siblings Glacia and Haru did. Even the Super Saiyans were hard-pressed to match him on a level field with the Doctor's latest modifications. "If you did you hardly spoke a word of it to anyone before risking your life with that attack."

Her offer came as if only she alone could do it, despite coming late to the group he and Ishtar had gathered. Ochazuke's eyes fell into a hard blink, and his broad shoulders rose and fell with a deep, steadying breath before he continued.

"I imagine it is difficult to miss much with those eyes which barely blink," he said. "Yet to formulate a strategy against something you cannot know, that we yet do not understand, there is, indeed, something you can do. Do you know what that is?"
    " I didn't say anything back then , because I was doubtful that anyone would bother listen to any of my plans. however now I'm trying to build up the courage to actually tell people my plans, and If you want to know what my plan is , I have none at the moment ," Praxat said as she holds her handbook that reads Praxat's Planner.

Praxat opens up her hand book and shows Ochazuke the first page of it which contains a diagram of what looks to be a ordinary pincer movement tactic involving chess pieces place in strange positions. However on close inspection this is actually a clever trap design to trick a opponent into making a wrong move.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-03-2019 at 06:57 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "I didn't say anything back then , because I didn't think anybody would listen to any of my ideas. I'm just try to build up the courage to actually tell people my plans. If you want to know what my plan is I have none, that's why it's important we gather more information. with more information we can better formulate a plan ," Praxat said as she holds her handbook that reads Praxat's Planner.
    "How will anybody hear you if you don't make yourself heard." Ochazuke said plainly. "If your words are worth hearing, only you can speak them."

When he heard that she had no plan, he leaned his head forward, pinching the bridge of his nose with a low grumble. "Yet you don't have a way to gather any information, either, nor do you know where to begin."

"Look around you, you're not the only one who has this in mind," he said. "If you cannot contribute to the effort, then observe, and pay close attention."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley had been silent for a long time. As Wilhelm showed the videos portraying these Dreadnaughts - the fearsome creatures created by the First Race - her eyes narrowed a touch. They reminded her of the mighty Oozaru. Destruction personified, death lurked in the shadows of their footfalls. Untold scores of people died by their hands. Yet, for what? What reason was there for unleashing these monstrosities upon creation?

Conquest?

Bloodlust?

A simple thirst for chaos and death?

There was no way to tell for certain.

More importantly, what did they have to do with The Doctor, outside of him poaching their technology? Was there some hidden connection that she and the others were missing? Most certainly, but that connection was a mystery at the moment.

She suspected the answers would be found at The Doctor's lair, wherever that may be.

She sighed tersely and folded her arms. "Further consequence of 'divine' logic," she grumbled. "Lives lost for no discernible reason. Though, I suppose those at the apex of power need no reason to act." She glanced at Asha'rah, the cold, impassionate gaze of the fallen goddess somehow disappointing Parsley further. There was no means to ascertain where her head was at at any given moment; but now, especially so.

No matter; that was irrelevant at the moment. The important thing was gathering as much information from the corpse and the heart as they could. Ochazuke had done much already. They now knew that there were nine such devices. Two had been deactivated - either safely or not so safely - leaving seven left. At worst, there were seven creatures like Haru and Glacia; undoubtedly more powerful. What was worst was that without the location of The Doctor's lair, they were at an even further disadvantage.

At this juncture, she supposed there were very little nuggets left to glean from what little they had. Certainly not enough to form anything resembling a plan, like Praxat had suddenly become obsessed with doing. Planning too much in advanced was useless anyway. "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face," she remarked, cutting her gaze to the frog. "You'd be better served waiting for more information before even thinking of a strategy. Even then, it can fall apart within the first five minutes. A true tactician thinks better on the fly more than in a war room."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"How will anybody hear you if you don't make yourself heard." Ochazuke said plainly. "If your words are worth hearing, only you can speak them."

When he heard that she had no plan, he leaned his head forward, pinching the bridge of his nose with a low grumble. "Yet you don't have a way to gather any information, either, nor do you know where to begin."

"Look around you, you're not the only one who has this in mind," he said. "If you cannot contribute to the effort, then observe, and pay close attention."
    " You're right I don't know where to begin , but I can guess, and I guess we could check out the area where my former master Khan lives for information. the area he lives in is pretty old so there's bound to be something interesting there. Also I forgot I had this but I might be of some use to us," Praxat said.

Praxat takes out her Jojo box , activates it and brings out a giant mech which materializes in front of her. Praxat then walks in front of the mech , " Yeah I forgot I built this mech back when we were on the eighteenth universe's Earth , " Praxat said. Praxat then uses her decent observation skills to pay close attention to things around her.

Praxat heeds Parsley's advice , " You are absolutely right Parsley I was being too hasty , I can't just out of the blue formulate a plan with such little information as we have. That just isn't realistic," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-03-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Imminent crisis sorted and distilled one's core qualities. In wandering into a conflict beyond her reckoning, even with all they had discussed this stranger offered to help.

"The structure of the heart itself is composed of a distinct alloy," he said, "further more, the chaff barrier that surrounded the Earth hours ago was refined of a different material from the same source, and we have procured a sample of that as well."

It was wherever Pantaloon was; he seemed to remove himself from the discussion as soon as Meagan returned.

"Searching for answers, it becomes difficult to see a thing for what it is. Patterns emerge from a need for understanding, whether they exist or not. What does your Elemental Way seek?" Hand still gripping the inscribed chrome, Ochazuke held the machine-heart before Aleka.

"Show me."
    It was going to be tricky to see how well this worked since it was safe to say she hadn't ever done this with a device that came from another time line. "It's hard to explain but short end of it, before I demonstrate is basically seeing around the general area of the object about a week back at most. Suffice to say, never bothered with another time line so drain is probably going to be a bitch. One moment."

Aleka held a hand, gently placing it on the heart as she closed her eyes and began to concentrate. During this, she'd see around the object to a week back and see if she'd find anything of interest. As she did this, her aura turned a soft brown as she began to get to work.

All right, let's see if we find anything interesting..

(OCC: Up to Cleric what she finds, if anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley had been silent for a long time. As Wilhelm showed the videos portraying these Dreadnaughts - the fearsome creatures created by the First Race - her eyes narrowed a touch. They reminded her of the mighty Oozaru. Destruction personified, death lurked in the shadows of their footfalls. Untold scores of people died by their hands. Yet, for what? What reason was there for unleashing these monstrosities upon creation?

Conquest?

Bloodlust?

A simple thirst for chaos and death?

There was no way to tell for certain.

More importantly, what did they have to do with The Doctor, outside of him poaching their technology? Was there some hidden connection that she and the others were missing? Most certainly, but that connection was a mystery at the moment.

She suspected the answers would be found at The Doctor's lair, wherever that may be.

She sighed tersely and folded her arms. "Further consequence of 'divine' logic," she grumbled. "Lives lost for no discernible reason. Though, I suppose those at the apex of power need no reason to act." She glanced at Asha'rah, the cold, impassionate gaze of the fallen goddess somehow disappointing Parsley further. There was no means to ascertain where her head was at at any given moment; but now, especially so.

No matter; that was irrelevant at the moment. The important thing was gathering as much information from the corpse and the heart as they could. Ochazuke had done much already. They now knew that there were nine such devices. Two had been deactivated - either safely or not so safely - leaving seven left. At worst, there were seven creatures like Haru and Glacia; undoubtedly more powerful. What was worst was that without the location of The Doctor's lair, they were at an even further disadvantage.

At this juncture, she supposed there were very little nuggets left to glean from what little they had. Certainly not enough to form anything resembling a plan, like Praxat had suddenly become obsessed with doing. Planning too much in advanced was useless anyway. "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face," she remarked, cutting her gaze to the frog. "You'd be better served waiting for more information before even thinking of a strategy. Even then, it can fall apart within the first five minutes. A true tactician thinks better on the fly more than in a war room."
    The emotions around the room were intense, but also muted since most of those present were trained warriors with a proper grasp of their emotions. When she was younger, it had been overwhelming at times before she had gotten a good handle on things, though thankfully back then her empath powers hadn't been nearly as strong.

Aleka had offered to help, and though Karine wished to do the same she had no skills to help in matter like these. The only tool she had was her mind but even then she was hardly the only one that had a intelligent one.

For the briefest moment, she doubted her presence here before it was ruthlessly crushed.

No. She wasn't the same well meaning but slightly naive girl from before. If she couldn't help one way at the given time, she could help another.

So, after a moment, she asked Parsley. "Hypothetically speaking.." The young woman began. "If you had control and production of such beings, what would you mainly use them for?"

It was vague, but on purpose but there was a point and that was mainly to get the scholarly gears running in her head. And since Parsley was among those present that had apart of a empire and thus knowledge of the subject of war perhaps something would come of the ironing out of ideas.
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 05-03-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Sasheem awoke from his nap, eating a slice of leftover pie he had saved from the veritable pastry feast. "Alright assholes," he announced between bites. "Sasheem's awake. You get any more of that time trash yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " You're right I don't know where to begin , but I can guess, and I guess we could check out the area where my former master Khan lives for information. the area he lives in is pretty old so there's bound to be something interesting there. Also I forgot I had this but I might be of some use to us," Praxat said.

Praxat takes out her Jojo box , activates it and brings out a giant mech which materializes in front of her. Praxat then walks in front of the mech , " Yeah I forgot I built this mech back when we were on the eighteenth universe's Earth , " Praxat said. Praxat then uses her decent observation skills to pay close attention to things around her, " You are absolutely right Parsley I was being to hasty ," Praxat said.
    He paused, observing the mech that had been deployed upon the lookout. He pointed at the machine, wiping crumbs from his mouth, asking, "We finna blow some **** up now? ...Or did you just wanna show off?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Both joy and relief brought a smile to Meagan's face as she then hugged him, "You'll make for a wonderful father."
    Qaztoh who is with Dash points at the Iridium diamond she gave Dash, " That should make a nice gift or you can just exchange it for like a ton of cash," Qaztoh said. Qaztoh then looks at her watch and when she notices the time she starts swearing like a sailor ," F#$K, F#$K, F#$k , F#$k **** I have to get going or I'm going to be F#king late for my class," Qaztoh said.

Qaztoh then uses her teleportation watch to teleport to The Socialization Academy for Unruly Juvenile Delinquents & Miscreants..
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-20-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem awoke from his nap, eating a slice of leftover pie he had saved from the veritable pastry feast. "Alright assholes," he announced between bites. "Sasheem's awake. You get any more of that time trash yet?"

He paused, observing the mech that had been deployed upon the lookout. He pointed at the machine, wiping crumbs from his mouth, asking, "We finna blow some **** up now? ...Or did you just wanna show off?"

" I didn't bring this thing out just to show off , I bought it out because I thought Aleka could use her technique to maybe gain information from it. I mean after all I did make it from parts of those scary mechanical bird things we fought, and etc. Back when we on the Eighteenth Universe's Earth. Also I think that Althena's clairvoyance could help us in gather information, but I'm not sure how it works, Praxat said.

" Hey Althena do you think you can use your clairvoyance to pinpoint the Doctor's location?" Praxat said.

Althena who is with Jinzi and Meagan hears Praxat and crosses her arms , " Without a name it would be impossible for me to use my clairvoyance to locate the Doctor's whereabouts Even then there could be obstacles that could block my clairvoyance from even pinpointing the Doctor's location. Also my clairvoyance can only focus on one object or person at a time, so I can't located multiple objects or people. However I can use my clairvoyance to relay current or past events a person has seen into my mind," Althena said.

" Wow clairvoyance is way less impressive than it is in comic books, oh well it was worth a shot at lest," Praxat said as she tap the mechanical device on her chest.

" Wait Ochazuke said you risk your life using an attack, Praxat what did you do?" Althena said.

" I didn't use a attack, when Koolard was attacking the Lookout, I used Aoem's Max Mode power up technique," Praxat said.

" You did what?" Praxat , Max Mode is only supposed to be use as a last resort and you should only use it if you are sure you're going to win," Althena said

" Yeah I know , but I thought I could handle it. I was wrong and I'm sorry," Praxat said.

Praxat taps the mechanical device on her chest ( Dammit I forgot to ask Qaztoh what's powering this damn thing . Having almost nearly 360 degree vision is nice, because I can observed stuff without moving. Downside is that having 360 degree vison makes me terrible vulnerable to blinding flashes of light from just about any direction,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-04-2019 at 05:29 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    The emotions around the room were intense, but also muted since most of those present were trained warriors with a proper grasp of their emotions. When she was younger, it had been overwhelming at times before she had gotten a good handle on things, though thankfully back then her empath powers hadn't been nearly as strong.

Aleka had offered to help, and though Karine wished to do the same she had no skills to help in matter like these. The only tool she had was her mind but even then she was hardly the only one that had a intelligent one.

For the briefest moment, she doubted her presence here before it was ruthlessly crushed.

No. She wasn't the same well meaning but slightly naive girl from before. If she couldn't help one way at the given time, she could help another.

So, after a moment, she asked Parsley. "Hypothetically speaking.." The young woman began. "If you had control and production of such beings, what would you mainly use them for?"

It was vague, but on purpose but there was a point and that was mainly to get the scholarly gears running in her head. And since Parsley was among those present that had apart of a empire and thus knowledge of the subject of war perhaps something would come of the ironing out of ideas.
    "Conquest," Parsley answered without hesitation. She knew very little of the First Race, but the Saiyan race as it was when she was growing up would use these weapons of war to conquer other worlds, without doubt.

What she did know of their actions spoke to similarities. The First Race attempted to conquer Terra, but lost despite an overwhelming power advantage. The Cairns played their role beautifully in that regard. They immigrated here from the eighteenth universe, so it stood to reason that they would try their hand at expanding their empire in this universe.

"With engines of war as powerful as the Dreadnaughts at their disposal, there is little course of action except conquest. Especially for a race of beings pretentious enough to call themselves 'The First Race'."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"That's fucked up," she commented, that being the only real thing she could say. It was a fine summary, she thought. "Look, I won't comment on Zurvan and Sihn. Regardless of how you feel about them, they can both kiss my ass. You can't just treat someone you consider family like a puppet and expect that relationship to make it all okay when the truth eventually comes out. **** both of them." She closed her eyes. She hadn't meant to say most of that. They were still Ishtar's family and she probably still cared for them. At least her father, since she was still here protecting him.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to say that." But, she still meant it. "Anyway, as far as your responsibilities go, I don't know if Indar'en left a rule book or whatever, so I don't know why all that **** falls on you. You have an ass-load of friends and a kick-ass mate who's more than willing to share the load with you. Just tell me who needs to get got and I'll do it!"
    Sarada's response, when it came, was hardly what Ishtar could've expected.

Or at the least ... the follow up was. The way the Saiyan Monarch swore, at this point, had pretty much become a vocabulary staple; and one of the many traits the Oni had developed a fondness for. Though despite the response -- and Sarada's offered opinions -- Ishtar's mood did not improve, nor did her gaze waver from the surface of the lukewarm bathwater. Though she did not continue on in silence, for very long.

"There is no 'rule book', no. For there was no time before his death, to choose a successor. There is simply an understanding of what my job ... fate ... entails. Put the most simply, that understand is that; in a sense, a God of Destruction is to the Universe they reside in; what a Kami is to the planet they watch over." The golden-eyed Oni muttered, softly.

"Only ... there is one of ... them. Me ?"

Ishtar fell silent again, eyes still fixed on the soapy water; until the pieces in her mind had been broken down until it was easily understandable.

"Under normal circumstances this would not be such an issue, I suppose. The God of Destruction assessing threats, and putting an end to them should she deem necessary. Yet Asha'rah ..." she trailed off, before a quick shake of her head. No ... she does not matter. Just what was facilitated by her hand. "Indar'en was murdered, before a successor could be chosen. Then the Heavens were torn to pieces, from the War of Fool. So for one-hundred thousand years, threats -- both mortal, and divine -- have been untended to ... so many threats ..."

Ishtar paused a moment then, more so that the information could be digested, than for not knowing what was to be said next.

"Which now now rest upon the shoulders of the would-be God of Destruction to remedy."

Ishtar looked up then.

"That you have offered to help ... is another part of the problem, too. This is not your mess to manage ... how could it be ? Your only transgression is being born into a Universe ruined by the Gods that gave it life. Besides. How many have died already for the 'Sins of the Fathers' ? Evangeline ? Jack ? Not two hours ago, Erosa nearly met the same end were it not for an act of desperate creativity." Which was perhaps, her main point: what they were doing already, was bordering on being beyond them; and they had already suffered tremendously.

With the addition of everything else -- Auroc, Sakin, the First Race and its Dreadnaughts ... Genesis ... -- How much worse was it going to get ?

Not that wondering, mattered. Given that it was what was going to come to pass now, regardless ... and this was the nexus of her fatigue and dread. Because it meant that, in the face of what was coming, Ishtar was ... "... for the first time in one-hundred thousand years, Sarada. I am lost." There came another pause, then, and with an almost deliberate slowness the Oni finally responded to the comments about her 'family'. "Nor do I know yet how to feel about Sihn, and Zurvan. I simply know that hating them will not change what now is ... and they yet have their parts to play."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Meanwhile on space station a auto mechanic is doing maintenance on the Black Diamond when he's approach by Nadila wearing a sexy witch outfit. Nadila seduces The auto mechanic , Hey there big boy I can you do a girl a favor and come with me? I need a big strapping man like yourself to help me with my wardrobe, and I'm akin for a little action if you know what I mean," Nadila said.

Charm by Nadila's beauty the auto The auto mechanic follows her into a shadowy place and she suddenly just disappears , Hey foxy lady where in the hell did you go ? I thought you were akin for some action?" the Auto Mechanic said in a deep gravelly voice

Nadila appears behind the auto mechanic and knocks him out with a hard chop , " Heh looks like my Smoke Duplication technique did it's job. Yeah Master or should I say father, says I'm a disgrace to The Deep Purple Arts for running away and joining a group of pirates , but what in the hell does he know anyways . Okay now to get change !" Nadila said as she smokes on a pipe.

Nadila strips the auto mechanic down to his underwear and puts on his clothing without taking off her own clothing. She then stuffs in extra padding to complete the look , and walks back to the Black Diamond . Where she's stop by another auto mechanic, " Hey Clipper aren't you supposed to be working, you know the boss isn't too fond of us goofing off on the job," the auto mechanic said.

Nadila lowers her head and manipulates her vocals cords to sound like the auto mechanic who was working on the Black Diamond, " Yeah sorry about that I was just take a little break please don't tell the boss okay," Nadila said.

the Auto Mechanic thinking that Nadila is his follow worker Clipper just lowers his hat , " Fine just get back to work okay ," the auto mechanic said.

Nadila gets to work sabotaging the Black Diamond, " Okay this should delay Sonata , and give me enough time to get to Earth before he does to warn Qaztoh," Nadila said.

After sabotaging the Black Diamond Nadila goes to shadowy place to take off clothing she took from the Auto Mechanic , and hatches a ride in space Taxi. The Taxi Driver looks at Nadila as he adjusts his mirror," So where are you heading to miss?" the Taxi driver said.

" Earth and step on it!" Nadila said.

" Earth huh well that's a long ways away from here. So it's going to take some time to get there and it's going to cost you," the Taxi Driver said.

" If you take me to Earth I'll let you touch these," Nadila said pointing at her boobs.

" You got yourself a deal miss," the Taxi Driver said as he eyed her cleavage from his mirror.

( Damn I can't believe that actually worked, this taxi driver must be a real sleazeball! Heh father would never approve of this behavior or what I'm wearing right now . Yeah my old man is such a prune, ) Nadila thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-05-2019 at 05:53 AM.
    My Forum check it out

It was going to be tricky to see how well this worked since it was safe to say she hadn't ever done this with a device that came from another time line. "It's hard to explain but short end of it, before I demonstrate is basically seeing around the general area of the object about a week back at most. Suffice to say, never bothered with another time line so drain is probably going to be a bitch. One moment."

Aleka held a hand, gently placing it on the heart as she closed her eyes and began to concentrate. During this, she'd see around the object to a week back and see if she'd find anything of interest. As she did this, her aura turned a soft brown as she began to get to work.

All right, let's see if we find anything interesting..

(OCC: Up to Cleric what she finds, if anything)
    "A method to trace the path of the material through space itself?" It sounded feasible, similar to the scrying method of the magicians. But what more could be unveiled?

Still, the subliminal matters revealed by Battle Meditation were limited to unshrouding the truth of the present and the inner, hidden depths therein. "What the heart came from we now know, but to find the origin from what it once was, not merely its form or the residual energy itself may lay in its matter. But if it will bring us any closer to the Doctor...all it will cost us is time."

As pieces of the greater picture started to fall into place, with every passing moment Ochazuke became increasingly aware of just how limited theirs was.

"Conquest," Parsley answered without hesitation. She knew very little of the First Race, but the Saiyan race as it was when she was growing up would use these weapons of war to conquer other worlds, without doubt.

What she did know of their actions spoke to similarities. The First Race attempted to conquer Terra, but lost despite an overwhelming power advantage. The Cairns played their role beautifully in that regard. They immigrated here from the eighteenth universe, so it stood to reason that they would try their hand at expanding their empire in this universe.

"With engines of war as powerful as the Dreadnaughts at their disposal, there is little course of action except conquest. Especially for a race of beings pretentious enough to call themselves 'The First Race'."
    As Aleka put her Elemental method to work, Parsley and Karine began to speculate just what the enigmatic First Ones sought. Certainly, the recordings in Wilhelm's archive, the remnants of a desperate war against the machine giants were plain enough to see.

Yet Asha'rah's fragmented memories struck her words dumb as she beheld the history of carnage. The fact remained that she let them in. What she said Ochazuke would not forget.

"Colonization."

The first time he had heard of these Ancients was at their end. Other than the old man that stood across from them, the road to Terra's end was marked in the blooded soil and shattered earth where the monolithic Cairnstones stood. The stagnant, perpetual rot among the silenced voice of that grave world remained close to his mind ever since they had returned.

In spite of this, a dark chuckle left him as he considered Parsley's thoughts on the matter.

"They staked their claim to Terra for their own interests," he said, a familiar darkness falling over his eyes as he looked her way, the like of which hadn't been seldom shown since before Jagam arrived. "With all they had at their disposal, still they wanted more."

A familiar and tiresome story. Its legacy now stretched across the shores of shattered time. Yet there was something else in the course of this idle musing that struck Ochazuke as well.

"A well of bottomless energy...and all they could think to do with it was arm a weapon," he said. In the mortal shells of Glacia and Koolard, their effects were already well-pronounced. Within the machines they came from, the civilizations they attacked crumbled. "But why would they conquer at all, unless they were after something?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi freezes, then the biggest grin splits his face as he picks her and spins her around, laughing in joy and excitement.

“I’m going to be a dad!” He yells out, tears in his eyes as he grins at her in wonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Both joy and relief brought a smile to Meagan's face as she then hugged him, "You'll make for a wonderful father."
    It wasn't long before Meagan overheard something

"A method to trace the path of the material through space itself?" It sounded feasible, similar to the scrying method of the magicians. But what more could be unveiled?

Still, the subliminal matters revealed by Battle Meditation were limited to unshrouding the truth of the present and the inner, hidden depths therein. "What the heart came from we now know, but to find the origin from what it once was, not merely its form or the residual energy itself may lay in its matter. But if it will bring us any closer to the Doctor...all it will cost us is time."

As pieces of the greater picture started to fall into place, with every passing moment Ochazuke became increasingly aware of just how limited theirs was.

As Aleka put her Elemental method to work, Parsley and Karine began to speculate just what the enigmatic First Ones sought. Certainly, the recordings in Wilhelm's archive, the remnants of a desperate war against the machine giants were plain enough to see.

Yet Asha'rah's fragmented memories struck her words dumb as she beheld the history of carnage. The fact remained that she let them in. What she said Ochazuke would not forget.

"Colonization."

The first time he had heard of these Ancients was at their end. Other than the old man that stood across from them, the road to Terra's end was marked in the blooded soil and shattered earth where the monolithic Cairnstones stood. The stagnant, perpetual rot among the silenced voice of that grave world remained close to his mind ever since they had returned.

In spite of this, a dark chuckle left him as he considered Parsley's thoughts on the matter.

"They staked their claim to Terra for their own interests," he said, a familiar darkness falling over his eyes as he looked her way, the like of which hadn't been seldom shown since before Jagam arrived. "With all they had at their disposal, still they wanted more."

A familiar and tiresome story. Its legacy now stretched across the shores of shattered time. Yet there was something else in the course of this idle musing that struck Ochazuke as well.

"A well of bottomless energy...and all they could think to do with it was arm a weapon," he said. In the mortal shells of Glacia and Koolard, their effects were already well-pronounced. Within the machines they came from, the civilizations they attacked crumbled. "But why would they conquer at all, unless they were after something?"
    "Jinzi," her expression became one of concern, "Has something happened while I was away?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Aleka wondered what she was even talking about before some measure of understanding hit; she was assuming, likely because she was an alien if there was some kind of invasion was a foot? At least that was a guess.

"Nah. Just passing through I guess you could say."

Besides most Acorians weren't martially strong so any invasion against a group like this would of been bugs to a flame thrower.

"Is that right?" The tone from Aleka wasn't mocking but more good natured and her smile indicated as much. "Sure. I'm down for some sparring later if you're game." Which, she was which was no surprise being a young Sayain. Who had ever heard of a Sayain that was a complete pacifist?

..We'll, she was sure they existed somewhere. It be less stranger then the news she ran into as of late anyway.

"It's called Elemental Way." The older woman explained as she continued. "My style that is. Title is self explanatory, mostly focused on Elemental Ki but its not the only trick it has. What about yours if you don't mind me asking?"

Maybe they learn some technique or two from each other but she wasn't getting ahead of herself.
    Aleka's response was not one that Cyanna was expecting, so she continued to look on at the gathering, trying to understand what the new threat was all about. Perhaps later she will learn more about this new arrival as well.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sarada's response, when it came, was hardly what Ishtar could've expected.

Or at the least ... the follow up was. The way the Saiyan Monarch swore, at this point, had pretty much become a vocabulary staple; and one of the many traits the Oni had developed a fondness for. Though despite the response -- and Sarada's offered opinions -- Ishtar's mood did not improve, nor did her gaze waver from the surface of the lukewarm bathwater. Though she did not continue on in silence, for very long.

"There is no 'rule book', no. For there was no time before his death, to choose a successor. There is simply an understanding of what my job ... fate ... entails. Put the most simply, that understand is that; in a sense, a God of Destruction is to the Universe they reside in; what a Kami is to the planet they watch over." The golden-eyed Oni muttered, softly.

"Only ... there is one of ... them. Me ?"

Ishtar fell silent again, eyes still fixed on the soapy water; until the pieces in her mind had been broken down until it was easily understandable.

"Under normal circumstances this would not be such an issue, I suppose. The God of Destruction assessing threats, and putting an end to them should she deem necessary. Yet Asha'rah ..." she trailed off, before a quick shake of her head. No ... she does not matter. Just what was facilitated by her hand. "Indar'en was murdered, before a successor could be chosen. Then the Heavens were torn to pieces, from the War of Fool. So for one-hundred thousand years, threats -- both mortal, and divine -- have been untended to ... so many threats ..."

Ishtar paused a moment then, more so that the information could be digested, than for not knowing what was to be said next.

"Which now now rest upon the shoulders of the would-be God of Destruction to remedy."

Ishtar looked up then.

"That you have offered to help ... is another part of the problem, too. This is not your mess to manage ... how could it be ? Your only transgression is being born into a Universe ruined by the Gods that gave it life. Besides. How many have died already for the 'Sins of the Fathers' ? Evangeline ? Jack ? Not two hours ago, Erosa nearly met the same end were it not for an act of desperate creativity." Which was perhaps, her main point: what they were doing already, was bordering on being beyond them; and they had already suffered tremendously.

With the addition of everything else -- Auroc, Sakin, the First Race and its Dreadnaughts ... Genesis ... -- How much worse was it going to get ?

Not that wondering, mattered. Given that it was what was going to come to pass now, regardless ... and this was the nexus of her fatigue and dread. Because it meant that, in the face of what was coming, Ishtar was ... "... for the first time in one-hundred thousand years, Sarada. I am lost." There came another pause, then, and with an almost deliberate slowness the Oni finally responded to the comments about her 'family'. "Nor do I know yet how to feel about Sihn, and Zurvan. I simply know that hating them will not change what now is ... and they yet have their parts to play."
    Firstly, Ishtar didn't react as badly as Sarada feared she would when she put her family on blast the way she did. Though, if she had, she wouldn't have taken it back. It was all true, whether it was appropriate to say or not.

Secondly, she was still down in the dumps, understandably so. Still, there was nothing except a response. Ishtar couldn't even look her in the face while she spoke to her.

"So what?" she asked in response to this entire thing not being her problem. Or rather, shouldn't be her problem. It was a well established fact that Asha'rah and her idiocy fucked the entire universe up. It fell on Ishtar to unfuck it, yet Sarada wasn't having that. Not only was Ishtar her mate, but this was her home. "Just because I had nothing to do with it doesn't mean I'm just going to sit back and lazily live my life while knowing that things aren't the way they should be. More importantly, what kind of life-mate and friend would I be if I let you shoulder this burden by yourself?"

Again, she reached for Ishtar. This time, she touched her chin and raised her head so she could look at her. "You're going to share this burden with me and whoever else is willing to shoulder it, and we're going to set the universe right together. It doesn't matter who stands in our way; Sakin, Genesis, The Doctor, whoever. We'll cut them all down and send them straight to hell."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!