Page 782 of 782 FirstFirst ... 282682732772778779780781782
Results 11,716 to 11,718 of 11718

Default Charco's Inheritance 6

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "That's not it," Charco replied, realizing how he must have sounded to Ochazuke and how his previous actions must have painted him, "I just... I know how he thinks."

It wasn't hard to imagine a being's mindset when they had real estate in your mind, body, and soul.

"Back then, they probably believed him to be an ally; a guardian spirit of sorts, maybe. In reality, they were only appeasing him. When she tried to guide them to a more peaceful path, he grew displeased and he waited," He explained, his tone growing grim and his fists balled up tightly, "... he waited for the perfect moment to strike. She probably never expected it, and definitely would not be prepared to fight him back. He probably made sure to do something that would put the tournament and the Dino School into complete ruins, something like..."

A rumbling of dark amusement reverberated through him, his hypothesis close enough to the truth that the answer would be granted.

...I had her sample the other schools... Turtle was the tastiest.

"... something inhuman."
    The cold-blooded stirring within Charco was a subtle turn that did not go unnoticed. A slither within his ki, unseen, always watching. Ochazuke ventured another step nearer. Standing now to Charco's side, the paper calling for succession lay before them, edges fraying in the cold air of the chamber.

"I imagine it takes a great deal of strength to gnaw on carrion so persistently," he said "To suck dry memory to the marrows."

Spoken aloud, the disdain was evident. As Ochazuke came closer, the atmosphere appeared much same as it had been nearly eighty years past; fallen under four other pairs of watchful eyes.

The difference between then and now was plain. At this moment there were as of yet two who might choose to listen. Setting yourself upon that fearful path will be your death.

"Nothing less than glorious, the discarded laurels of the fallen." A familiar stern gaze narrowed where he looked down upon the young man. "Yet you've never shied away from confrontation. No matter the cost, heedless of the outcome."

That was the point of the martial discipline, to become more than you were yesterday. But standing before the summit of great forbearers, even the smallest figment cast a long shadow. To see a thing for what it truly was, that was a difficult thing.

"You said it yourself, she did not know. You do. So tell me, what are you afraid of, Charco?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 05-08-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Aleka, though still a bit drained, appreciated the brief thank you from the two warriors. "Welcome." Like she said, she was going to pull her own weight for as long as she was here which from the sounds of things was going to be for quite the long haul.

At the mention of the alternate Ishstar as a enemy, Karine had a troubled look on her pale features. "I don't relish the prospect of fighting them not just because they're a twisted incarnation of a friend but the obvious: their power. Normally when outclassed if you have information we could at least adapt ideas of how to get around the power difference. I'm not sure how much of a power set similarity they have.."
    "There's no sense guessing Karine, when the Sheriff is an alternate Zaofan," Ochazuke said. "When he's recovered from his injuries, ask him. He knows Ishtar's counterpart well, they've fought on his Earth several times."

With three more trips into the temporal abyss, at the very least one of them would not be one into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    "Maybe. A lot of times its best to have a basic outline when dealing with the unknown. Keep it flexible enough to where we can adapt if it comes down to it." Aleka was going to say something more when a Namekian came to gesture for them to follow. Interesting.

She really did feel like the new kid who showed up in school on the first day while the others were doing a project she had absolutely no clue about but was faking it until she made it but it would pass given enough time.

"Just for reference while we're out in the field." Aleka said to her fellow martial artist. "Is there a nickname or anything I can call you by? Gets a bit harder to coordinate without something to go by."
    "So you've made your choice." Even after seeing all that she had, the stranger decided she would join them in their fight - at least for now. With every passing minute, the Doctor drew across all of Time to prepare, and with every divergence closed, he would know as he stared into that same temporal Nexus.

To expect the unexpected at this point was really the only thing they could count on.

"...nickname? Why would...?"

Perhaps Aleka would find that maxim was something all worlds shared.

"...if you want to know something, ask, cheh," he grunted, turning away from the Acorian to face Pike. "And my name is Ochazuke."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "There's no sense guessing Karine, when the Sheriff is an alternate Zaofan," Ochazuke said. "When he's recovered from his injuries, ask him. He knows Ishtar's counterpart well, they've fought on his Earth several times."

With three more trips into the temporal abyss, at the very least one of them would not be one into the unknown.

"So you've made your choice." Even after seeing all that she had, the stranger decided she would join them in their fight - at least for now. With every passing minute, the Doctor drew across all of Time to prepare, and with every divergence closed, he would know as he stared into that same temporal Nexus.

To expect the unexpected at this point was really the only thing they could count on.

"...nickname? Why would...?"

Perhaps Aleka would find that maxim was something all worlds shared.

"...if you want to know something, ask, cheh," he grunted, turning away from the Acorian to face Pike. "And my name is Ochazuke."
    So there it was.

For all the things she had assumed or inferred from earlier she had simply over thought things. Not too surprising, but she did learn something.

"Noted. That's what I get for over thinking things." Aleka took it in good spirits enough. She learned something, or rather re learned something. A few things were universal across planets.

(Guess a good time as any to end until the next thread, erh chapter)