Page 79 of 782 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar nodded.

Another wrinkle.

A girl left behind by her father, who had given her a book of magic, and names. That the girl seemed unaware of what was in it beyond that meant Ereshkigal had little experience with such things herself, so why entrust a book like that to one you'd would leave alone?

"I see. Well in time perhaps, I can help you read it." The blue-skinned Oni finally offered with a smile and bob of her head. "If it is important, you should at least know what it says."

And when the girl shyly reached out a hand, Ishtar slowly reached forward to take it in her own.
    The moment Ishtar holdd her hand, a ripple travels through her that only she feels. A cementing, a founding.

This was meant to be.

A bond forms, strong and pure, and the young girl smiles widely at the blue Oni.

“Ok Ishtar. I trust you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The moment Ishtar holdd her hand, a ripple travels through her that only she feels. A cementing, a founding.

This was meant to be.

A bond forms, strong and pure, and the young girl smiles widely at the blue Oni.

“Ok Ishtar. I trust you.”
    Of all the things that had happened today, what happened when Ishtar made contact with Ereshkigal was a thing not expected.

With a momentary ripple that traveled the length of the blue-skinned Oni's arm, only to spread downward to fill her to the opposite extremities; there was a similar- yet wholly different- feeling of a burgeoning connection made ... and once that foundation was laid, it hardened to Katchin. Almost as if this bond, between herself, and the young Oni whom Marduk fought so angrily to consume, had been fated to this.

Then Ereshkigal grinned, and offered in part at least a minute explanation.

I trust you.

Ishtar offered a smile- colored with confusion as much as happiness- and nodded.

"Okay, Ereshkigal. Then perhaps we shall travel together ?"

In the end, the golden-eyed Oni had many questions, but for now this would do.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Entering the main part of the asteroid, Midori looked around at all the beings currently milling about, trying to locate Shiro. After searching for a few minutes, she located her sister, who was kneeling next to a former slave as she finished healing him.

Moving over to her quickly, Midori stood back and allowed her to finish healing the poor guy before she said "Shiro, something's happened and I need your help to find out why."

Shiro stood from where she'd been kneeling, dusting off her knees as she began "Alright, Midori. What exactly ha...", only with her voice trailing off as she caught sight of Midori's new, more 'mature' form.

"Wh-what happened?!" Shiro asked, and Midori shrugged as she said "I was moving through the asteroid when suddenly I was in intense, agonizing pain, and then I woke up, and after a minute or two I changed to look like, well... like this."

"I-I see." Shiro muttered, walking around Midori as she studied her changed appearance. After circling her a few times, Shiro stopped in front of Midori as she said "Well, are you feeling OK?"

"Yeah. I mean, the weight on my chest is weird, and I had a tingling sensation in my skin earlier, but that's faded, so... Yeah, other than the chest weight, I feel fine."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada watched the conversation between Ishtar and Ereshkigal silently. They spoke about the book in the girl's clutches – some sort of magical tome which contained a series of names. She didn't elaborate on whose names were recorded, likely because she didn't know.

Sarada wanted to ask, but refrained, opting to just let Ishtar handle it.

The girl then reached up for a handshake, to which Ishtar reciprocated.

Then, something happened.

Sarada had no idea what, but something was different about Ereshkigal's demeanor. She grinned and stated that she trusted Ishtar.

Hm.

Curious.

Just seconds ago, she was still apprehensive, now all of a sudden, she trusted her?

Sarada frowned. She felt confusion, then happiness in the blue Oni, so perhaps she knew it had an idea of what happened. In the end, as long as they were both safe, it didn't matter in the end.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sihn stands as she walks in, smiling.

“Why, Lady Asah’rah. I must say it’s quite the pleasure having one of the original gods of Creation before me. Please, sit down for a spell.”

He glances at the planetarium.

“I rather liked the style and look, myself.”
    Asha'rah took a seat. The powerless humored the powerful, if they were wise.

"Mr. Sihn, I was wondering who was managing the place after my fall. I am but a shadow of what I once was. What could I possibly do for you?"

Of all the things that had happened today, what happened when Ishtar made contact with Ereshkigal was a thing not expected.

With a momentary ripple that traveled the length of the blue-skinned Oni's arm, only to spread downward to fill her to the opposite extremities; there was a similar- yet wholly different- feeling of a burgeoning connection made ... and once that foundation was laid, it hardened to Katchin. Almost as if this bond, between herself, and the young Oni whom Marduk fought so angrily to consume, had been fated to this.

Then Ereshkigal grinned, and offered in part at least a minute explanation.

I trust you.

Ishtar offered a smile- colored with confusion as much as happiness- and nodded.

"Okay, Ereshkigal. Then perhaps we shall travel together ?"

In the end, the golden-eyed Oni had many questions, but for now this would do.

She nodded, happy.

“You can call me Eresh. It’s easier.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah took a seat. The powerless humored the powerful, if they were wise.

"Mr. Sihn, I was wondering who was managing the place after my fall. I am but a shadow of what I once was. What could I possibly do for you?"
    Sihn nods.

“Not so much do for me as this a....curtesy call, of sorts. I had heard you were active again and thought we should have a chat.”

He holds his hands out in a placating gesture.

“No harm will come to you here. I’m mostly curious. Heard a lot about you, and not a lot was good. My secretary spoke well of you though. I’ll tell you, she’s a treasure. Couldn’t run this place without her.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She nodded, happy.

“You can call me Eresh. It’s easier.”
    Ishtar nods.

"Then Eresh is what I shall call you."

Glancing at Sarada, and Erosa then, the golden-eyed Oni looks toward her new companion- for however long this might persist- and smiled. "Would you like to meet some of the others ... the ones I trust ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

“An.....Id?”

She seems confused.
    "An Id." Erosa reconfirmed. "A Magical being that lives in your head....when your hungry, or tired or wanna have fun.....and you get that itch to put something in your mouth, or drop down on a bed or do whatever's on the top of your head. That's an Id Ero!"

Erosa gave the id a toothy smile. "So never ignore your id...even when you grow older, ok?"

She nods.

“It has...names of people. And....spells, I think. Daddy said it was a....a tome....a magic...tome.”

She shyly reaches a hand towards Ishtar.
    "Ehehe....A magic tome." Erosa chuckled. "Best keep that between us....Sister might get a little too curious of a magic tome is involved."

Ishtar nods.

"Then Eresh is what I shall call you."

Glancing at Sarada, and Erosa then, the golden-eyed Oni looks toward her new companion- for however long this might persist- and smiled. "Would you like to meet some of the others ... the ones I trust ?"
    She nods, shyly. She looks at the Namekians and smiles, thanking them. Then she follows Ishtar towards Sarada and Erosa.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "An Id." Erosa reconfirmed. "A Magical being that lives in your head....when your hungry, or tired or wanna have fun.....and you get that itch to put something in your mouth, or drop down on a bed or do whatever's on the top of your head. That's an Id Ero!"

Erosa gave the id a toothy smile. "So never ignore your id...even when you grow older, ok?"

"Ehehe....A magic tome." Erosa chuckled. "Best keep that between us....Sister might get a little too curious of a magic tome is involved."
    “Oh. So....I have and I’d...too?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Sihn nods.

“Not so much do for me as this a....curtesy call, of sorts. I had heard you were active again and thought we should have a chat.”

He holds his hands out in a placating gesture.

“No harm will come to you here. I’m mostly curious. Heard a lot about you, and not a lot was good. My secretary spoke well of you though. I’ll tell you, she’s a treasure. Couldn’t run this place without her.”
    "To the victor go the history books, of course." Asha'rah said, sighing softly. Curiously, it was not a particularly bitter or regretful sigh, merely sadness. She crossed her legs in her customary sitting posture, then took a moment to gather her thoughts.

"But it is true that I brought a time of strife upon the Heavens. What you think of my choices is a matter of values and perspective. The former is yours exclusively, to craft at your leisure. But as for the latter...I can show you my perspective, if that be your desire."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

She nods, shyly. She looks at the Namekians and smiles, thanking them. Then she follows Ishtar towards Sarada and Erosa.
    When Ishtar and Eresh started for them, Sarada unfolded her arms and smiled softly. "Hi, I'm Sarada, Ishtar's friend." She held her hand out.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

She nods.

“I’m just glad we got here in time.”

A few more ships suddenly appear and start docking, showcasing the GP logo.

“Looks like the GP finally showed up. Good.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan, looking in the direction of the newly arriving Patrol ships, "Part of me wants to go back with my people, but I can't leave Jinzi. I need to make sure he, and the children, are alright. I guess I can trust the GP to get everyone safely back to where they belong."
    "I should probably let the others know, make sure they are ready to leave. Knowing my team mates, they'd be getting into trouble somehow. Etrina isn't the only one with a runaway Id." With that, Meagan went to check on the others, to make sure they knew that the GP were here and that it was almost time to go.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

“Oh. So....I have and I’d...too?”
    "Of course....if you didn't have an Id....you'd be a boring old vegetable! So never forget to thank your Id with a little overindulgence every now and again." Erosa bobbed her head.