Page 8 of 782 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 11718
  1. #106
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,491

    Default

    Turning the corner, Zaofan would find Etrina lying in a heap of garbage.

    "....ow...oww.....a little help would be nice about now....I think there are rusty nails under me.....wooowowow.."
    Last edited by MrSandman; 05-08-2018 at 10:00 AM.

  2. #107
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Between impalement, magic, straightjacketed, and a heavy crushing impact from on top (among other things), the robot is destroyed.

    Those just arriving (Slak, Jack) feel their ki suddenly leave. Jack luckily did not lose his ki until after he struck the robot.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #108
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It ignores them all.

    Warning unheeded. Mortal demise allowed.”

    It’s tendeils flash out at speed, seeking to grapple or impale you all.
    'A bit unnecessary..." P-Stay shook his head.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Deflecting the first couple strikes, Zaofan finds his legs aching as he dives towards P-Sta, knocking him to the ground to avoid a spiky tendril.

    "I don't think that thing cares!"
    "If it's going to your the law, it might as well uphold it..." P-Sta frowned as he activated his Katchin mode. "Either way, it seems we must put a stop to this thing!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Between impalement, magic, straightjacketed, and a heavy crushing impact from on top (among other things), the robot is destroyed.

    Those just arriving (Slak, Jack) feel their ki suddenly leave. Jack luckily did not lose his ki until after he struck the robot.
    "Ah!" P-Stay exclaimed surprised with how quickly it was destroyed. "Well, that was simple. Still...it seems that the machine was not the cause of our sapped energy."

  4. #109
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Between impalement, magic, straightjacketed, and a heavy crushing impact from on top (among other things), the robot is destroyed.

    Those just arriving (Slak, Jack) feel their ki suddenly leave. Jack luckily did not lose his ki until after he struck the robot.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    'A bit unnecessary..." P-Stay shook his head.



    "If it's going to your the law, it might as well uphold it..." P-Sta frowned as he activated his Katchin mode. "Either way, it seems we must put a stop to this thing!"



    "Ah!" P-Stay exclaimed surprised with how quickly it was destroyed. "Well, that was simple. Still...it seems that the machine was not the cause of our sapped energy."
    Over its defeated, motionless chassis, Zaofan stands over it and pokes it carefully with his bo staff, just to make sure it was indeed destroyed. "Hey...! Heyyy...!"

  5. #110
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Over its defeated, motionless chassis, Zaofan stands over it and pokes it carefully with his bo staff, just to make sure it was indeed destroyed. "Hey...! Heyyy...!"

    It’s dead.

    However, more rumbling is heard as suddenly, six more erupt out of the ground.

    And then six more after that.

    And then six more come from the sky, rocket jets from their feet propelling them down wards.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #111
    I turn into a BIRD! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    2,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Between impalement, magic, straightjacketed, and a heavy crushing impact from on top (among other things), the robot is destroyed.

    Those just arriving (Slak, Jack) feel their ki suddenly leave. Jack luckily did not lose his ki until after he struck the robot.
    "So much for learning why the robot wanted to arrest us." Midori said with a sigh. As she looked at the destroyed robot, Midori turned to the sound of someone walking up, and turned to see Shiro moving over to them, hand on her slightly-injured side.

    "You OK?" Midori asked, and Shiro said "Yeah, managed to fix myself enough that I don't have to worry about it for the time being." Seeing the remains of the robot, she asked "What happened here?"

    "Robot wanted to arrest us, the others broke him." Midori said, and Shiro questioned "Why did it want to arrest you guys?"

    "Don't know." Midori answered with a shrug.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  7. #112
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It’s dead.

    However, more rumbling is heard as suddenly, six more erupt out of the ground.

    And then six more after that.

    And then six more come from the sky, rocket jets from their feet propelling them down wards.
    Zaofan raises Bojack once more, looking worried. "We need to go. We have eighteen on our hands now -- and it took our combined might to beat just one of them!"

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Turning the corner, Zaofan would find Etrina lying in a heap of garbage.

    "....ow...oww.....a little help would be nice about now....I think there are rusty nails under me.....wooowowow.."
    Running back to the heap, Zaofan finds Etrina, dirty and dusty.

    "You know, I was beginning to wonder about you...!"

    Pulling her up both physically by the arm and personally with a smile, he holds her hand. "But, you know, we're in a LOT of danger right now. We have to get out of here!"
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-08-2018 at 10:07 AM.

  8. #113
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Is that so?" Erosa slipped over to Ishtar this time. "You definitely look different...did you eat a magic heart too? But I can't even cup all of that in one hand ehehehe..." Erosa waved her fingers as is she was about to go into from a grab.....until...

    With a sound akin to a cat screech, Erosa leap several feet off the ground and clung defensively around Ishtars neck. "Aiiiee....e.....eh.....Just a dog?"
    Ishtar was about to reply, only to have Erosa screech and cling to her neck like some sort of well-endowed necklace. Not that the Oni minded, Erosa had ever been a curious thing, and one that had been of almost immediate fondness.

    With a chuckle though, Ishtar offered Erosa a few words of comfort.

    "Yes, it is a Hellhound Pup. I attempted to summon a larger one, but I do not believe I was strong enough for such a thing ... And while Anubis has a mind of his own, he is rather harmless, usually. Unless you give him reason not to be."

    Giving the Id a sniff, then, the Tulpa chuffed, before offering its own word of comfort.

    " Boof."

    Returning to the words about eating a magic heart, however, Ishtar couldn't help but say, "I did not eat a magic heart, no. Killed some daemons, maybe ... Though perhaps we can find out how much of me you can grab, when we have some time ... I promise I will try and do the same."

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Oh, that was quick. Well then, to battle.

    One of the tendrils impacted her in the chest, and it pierced right through her, though, oddly, she seemed unphased. Flowing like water, her form moved to the side until she was free of the tendril. She drew her sword and... threw it at the robotic monstrosity, and it, humorously, sailed right past it.

    ...and then suddenly, somehow, she was there, where her sword was, hilt in hand. Those sensitive to such things could sense the subtle workings of magic when she teleported to her sword.

    She lashed out with a slash at the Robot, her sword arm, to a keen observer, actually stretching a fair bit in order to extend her reach.
    Ishtar's eyes widened slightly at the subtle use of magic, though the Oni's attention remained on the machine.

    A thing for later, at any rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Between impalement, magic, straightjacketed, and a heavy crushing impact from on top (among other things), the robot is destroyed.

    Those just arriving (Slak, Jack) feel their ki suddenly leave. Jack luckily did not lose his ki until after he struck the robot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It’s dead.

    However, more rumbling is heard as suddenly, six more erupt out of the ground.

    And then six more after that.

    And then six more come from the sky, rocket jets from their feet propelling them down wards.
    It died quickly, yet before any of them could celebrate and regroup, a dozen and a half more appeared. And while Ishtar was confident she could stop them given the time to act ... she was likely not to get such, given the state of the others.

    Which meant that ...

    "Start running please." The golden-eyed Oni offered the others.

    Even if they did stop these, there was like to be more besides. So, targeting the ground beneath a group of them, Ishtar held out her hand, and tried to stumble a number of them to afford a chance to retreat.

    "StarapateŮti, Aēva."
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  9. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar was about to reply, only to have Erosa screech and cling to her neck like some sort of well-endowed necklace. Not that the Oni minded, Erosa had ever been a curious thing, and one that had been of almost immediate fondness.

    With a chuckle though, Ishtar offered Erosa a few words of comfort.

    "Yes, it is a Hellhound Pup. I attempted to summon a larger one, but I do not believe I was strong enough for such a thing ... And while Anubis has a mind of his own, he is rather harmless, usually. Unless you give him reason not to be."

    Giving the Id a sniff, then, the Tulpa chuffed, before offering its own word of comfort.

    " Boof."

    Returning to the words about eating a magic heart, however, Ishtar couldn't help but say, "I did not eat a magic heart, no. Killed some daemons, maybe ... Though perhaps we can find out how much of me you can grab, when we have some time ... I promise I will try and do the same."



    Ishtar's eyes widened slightly at the subtle use of magic, though the Oni's attention remained on the machine.

    A thing for later, at any rate.





    It died quickly, yet before any of them could celebrate and regroup, a dozen and a half more appeared. And while Ishtar was confident she could stop them given the time to act ... she was likely not to get such, given the state of the others.

    Which meant that ...

    "Start running please." The golden-eyed Oni offered the others.

    Even if they did stop these, there was like to be more besides. So, targeting the ground beneath a group of them, Ishtar held out her hand, and tried to stumble a number of them to afford a chance to retreat.

    "StarapateŮti, Aēva."
    One down, eighteen to go... if she were suicidal, that is. Ishtar suggested running and, in this situation, that was a better idea than chancing a large group battle like this, especially outnumbered. The horned woman cast that gravity spell again, and Nevanlinna would add her own touch to it. She extended her arm, pointing at the epicenter of the gravity spell. Mystic energies swirled around her arm and into her pointed finger.

    'I call upon Auroc's bones
    Turn all within this haze to stone
    '

    The energy she had been gathering at the tip of her finger launched itself at great speed at the place she was aiming, where it compressed and then exploded into a... hazy cloud, of sorts. At first glance, it appeared harmless, but this was a spell meant to petrify pretty much anything, even inanimate matter. It certainly wouldn't take all of them down, but it may turn a few into permanent statues--particularly any stumbled by the gravity spell--and at least slow down most of the others until the effects faded.

    "Agreed. All of you, please make haste," said Nevanlinna, as she sheathed her sword. She turned around and began making her exit from this battle.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 05-08-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  10. #115
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    A loud energy crackle is heard as a beam of energy arcs from atop a ruined building and takes across seven of the robots, destroying them even as Neva turns several into stone.

    Another beam of energy arcs down and destroys the rest.


    A figure stands atop the ruined building, a beam gun in hand. The person is cloaked and hidden, but gestures to them to dead towards their position.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #116
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A loud energy crackle is heard as a beam of energy arcs from atop a ruined building and takes across seven of the robots, destroying them even as Neva turns several into stone.

    Another beam of energy arcs down and destroys the rest.


    A figure stands atop the ruined building, a beam gun in hand. The person is cloaked and hidden, but gestures to them to dead towards their position.
    "....do any of you know him?" P-Sta questioned, greatly confused over the current state of Earth. "He is another ally of yours, I assume?"

  12. #117
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "....do any of you know him?" P-Sta questioned, greatly confused over the current state of Earth. "He is another ally of yours, I assume?"
    Zaofan continues running, but answers nonetheless. "Oooooh, he's new to me, at least. But if he can do that to those tentacle-droids, we better do what he says..."

  13. #118
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "I think my way of speaking didn't mush with my new look....Sister enrolled me in linguinie courses for the last month, said I needed to stop talking like a todder. Gaaaou!" Erosa put a hand over her mouth and chuckled. ".....I've also learned forgiveness you know. You can apologize for all those mean things you said about me anytime and I'll accept it. Ero!"

    Better though her speaking may be, but she seemed to be getting worse with her verbal ticks...If only a little.
    Sarada ignored the bit about forgiveness and apologies -- there was no need because everything she said about Erosa was true -- and rolled her eyes. "It's linguistics courses. I suggest you take another semester."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Between impalement, magic, straightjacketed, and a heavy crushing impact from on top (among other things), the robot is destroyed.

    Those just arriving (Slak, Jack) feel their ki suddenly leave. Jack luckily did not lose his ki until after he struck the robot.
    Their combined efforts felled the massive robot in short order. It hadn't taken much time, but Sarada noticed that she was more winded than she would have been if she had access to her ki. Damn it. My stamina must be linked to ki, also. Yes, I remember the instructors saying as much. Shit, what a bother. We need to unblock our ki ASAP.

    The only upside was that Jack made such a daring and impressive entrance; and it was one that actually proved useful instead of purely for show with no results or substance.

    She smiled and started to make her way over to him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Over its defeated, motionless chassis, Zaofan stands over it and pokes it carefully with his bo staff, just to make sure it was indeed destroyed. "Hey...! Heyyy...!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Itís dead.

    However, more rumbling is heard as suddenly, six more erupt out of the ground.

    And then six more after that.

    And then six more come from the sky, rocket jets from their feet propelling them down wards.
    Yet couldn't take more than a step before eighteen more robots converged on them. Damn it, this was irritating! They had no idea what was going on and these metallic assclowns weren't offering any answers. There was no telling what kind of prison they were talking about if the world around them was any indication. Not one she wanted to find herself in, that was for sure.

    She growled and brought her knives out in front of her. It took their combined efforts to fell just one. Eighteen more were going to swarm and tear them apart in no time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan raises Bojack once more, looking worried. "We need to go. We have eighteen on our hands now -- and it took our combined might to beat just one of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Returning to the words about eating a magic heart, however, Ishtar couldn't help but say, "I did not eat a magic heart, no. Killed some daemons, maybe ... Though perhaps we can find out how much of me you can grab, when we have some time ... I promise I will try and do the same."

    It died quickly, yet before any of them could celebrate and regroup, a dozen and a half more appeared. And while Ishtar was confident she could stop them given the time to act ... she was likely not to get such, given the state of the others.

    Which meant that ...

    "Start running please." The golden-eyed Oni offered the others.

    Even if they did stop these, there was like to be more besides. So, targeting the ground beneath a group of them, Ishtar held out her hand, and tried to stumble a number of them to afford a chance to retreat.

    "StarapateŮti, Aēva."
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    One down, sixteen to go... if she were suicidal, that is. Ishtar suggested running and, in this situation, that was a better idea than chancing a large group battle like this, especially outnumbered. The horned woman cast that gravity spell again, and Nevanlinna would add her own touch to it. She extended her arm, pointing at the epicenter of the gravity spell. Mystic energies swirled around her arm and into her pointed finger.

    'I call upon Auroc's bones
    Turn all within this haze to stone
    '

    The energy she had been gathering at the tip of her finger launched itself at great speed at the place she was aiming, where it compressed and then exploded into a... hazy cloud, of sorts. At first glance, it appeared harmless, but this was a spell meant to petrify pretty much anything, even inanimate matter. It certainly wouldn't take all of them down, but it may turn a few into permanent statues--particularly any stumbled by the gravity spell--and at least slow down most of the others until the effects faded.

    "Agreed. All of you, please make haste," said Nevanlinna, as she sheathed her sword. She turned around and began making her exit from this battle.
    Another growl escaped the young Saiyan. She hated retreating from battle! It felt so cowardly, no matter how tactically sound it was. The robots not only had superior numbers at this point, but also superior strength, weaponry, and strategy. A battle between the two sides would only end in a complete slaughter.

    All this power she amassed over the last several months....

    She was a Super Elite, damn it! If she had her ki, she would destroy these hunks of junk by herself! But, she didn't, so she couldn't.

    To her absolute distaste and disgust, falling back to safety was the only viable solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    A loud energy crackle is heard as a beam of energy arcs from atop a ruined building and takes across seven of the robots, destroying them even as Neva turns several into stone.

    Another beam of energy arcs down and destroys the rest.


    A figure stands atop the ruined building, a beam gun in hand. The person is cloaked and hidden, but gestures to them to dead towards their position.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "....do any of you know him?" P-Sta questioned, greatly confused over the current state of Earth. "He is another ally of yours, I assume?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan continues running, but answers nonetheless. "Oooooh, he's new to me, at least. But if he can do that to those tentacle-droids, we better do what he says..."
    "Who cares? Let's go."

    Whoever this new stranger was seemed able to handle the robots by themselves, which was just fine by her. With one last look at the robots, she turned and ran as fast as she could for the building the stranger was standing on. She hoped they, or someone with them, had some answers.

  14. #119
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    More metal attackers pop up, and the stranger shoots them a agin and again. As they get closer to his position, he throws out a grenade that erupts into a strange metallic chaff that surrounds them. He jumps off the building too, a grapple shooting out and slowing his descent until he lands in front of them.

    “Follow, now!”

    The man darts off, leading them through the ruined city.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #120
    Truth and Conviction Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Between impalement, magic, straightjacketed, and a heavy crushing impact from on top (among other things), the robot is destroyed.

    Those just arriving (Slak, Jack) feel their ki suddenly leave. Jack luckily did not lose his ki until after he struck the robot.
    "The Clothes Beam really does always work," Slak muses.

    "In any case, it is unfortunate we must meet like this."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Itís dead.

    However, more rumbling is heard as suddenly, six more erupt out of the ground.

    And then six more after that.

    And then six more come from the sky, rocket jets from their feet propelling them down wards.
    Huh.

    "I suggest we run."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    A loud energy crackle is heard as a beam of energy arcs from atop a ruined building and takes across seven of the robots, destroying them even as Neva turns several into stone.

    Another beam of energy arcs down and destroys the rest.

    A figure stands atop the ruined building, a beam gun in hand. The person is cloaked and hidden, but gestures to them to dead towards their position.
    Or not.

    Not having better choices, Slak follows.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •