Page 89 of 782 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189589 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    For a moment, the taste of the liquid reminds Ishtar of the mint gum Zaofan had suggested she take with her water. The feeling of wholeness that followed however reminded the Oni of Haurvatat. And in the end Ishtar couldn't help but wonder at the strange mix of beverages.

Until a cold sweat broke, despite her body beginning to heat up as if the golden-eyed Oni had given herself over to Wrath. Taken separately, it seemed as if they were nothing more than beverages, yet together it engendered a change. What change this was however, was lost on Ishtar and shakily rising to her feet the Oni turned to Ereshkigal.

"Unless there is anything you need to retrieve, I believe it is time we return to the others."

At the very least so that, should this ... whatever it was, prove problematic, the two Oni wouldn't be left behind should Ishtar lose consciousness.

Another thing she did not need.
    Eresh nods and takes her hand, heading back to the ship.

Ishtar feels funny. Not sick, but.....different.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eresh nods and takes her hand, heading back to the ship.

Ishtar feels funny. Not sick, but.....different.
    "In hindsight, I should not have consumed those." Ishtar muttered as she and Eresh made their way back towards the Hammer Class GP Ship.

The Oni did not feel sick ... no, despite the cold sweat and the fever, she was not ill. Sickness was not a thing she was generally prone to, besides ... the golden-eyed Oni simply felt ... off. Different. Not as she was. Without wholly understanding what it was that had been done- or was being done, however ... the Oni simply focused inward on discerning the source. Checking first her flow of energy- and the Hakai that resided inside her- before testing the flow, allowing the energy to build before allowing it to dissipate harmlessly.

Whatever it was that was happening, Ishtar wanted to know ... at least so she wasn't blind-sighted.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

She nods, smiles, and says she will.

“Take care, Meagan. And thank you for all your help. It won’t be forgotten.”
    With a nod, Meaagn heads back to the transport ship, only to find one of the youngest of the Chromakai leaving. Quickly intercepting her, "Wher do you think you're going? The ships are about ready to leave, you don't want to get left behind."

Looking a little upset, "Lady Meagan, I..." fidgeting for a moment, "the slavers took something from me, I was hoping to find it."

Looking at her skeptically, "What could be so important to place yourself at risk?"

"It's a locket, on a chain. My grandmother gave it to me, its' all I have left."

"Look," Meagan placed a hand on her shoulder, "go back to the ship. I will do a quick sweep and try to find it. Don't get yoru hopes up, but I'll do what I can. Now go."

Hesitating for a moment, the girl nodded, turned and headed back into the transport ship.

Meagan then poured on the speed, moving quickly back into the asteroid in search of anything that might contain the missing locket.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Well....During the Auction I was trying to put on an act to keep anyone from suspecting us. I was under the impression you and sarada were playing along...and doing quite an impressive job I should add....ahem" Etrina coughed and quickly went back on topic. "Now that I've had time to think it over....I don't think I've ever seen you that angry, or more importantly.....I don't think I've ever seen you act either. I was hoping...that you weren't actually angry with me for my actions during the auction. If you were I understand completely....I did....get a little overboard near the end..."

Understatement of the Century
    "It was bad enough that we were forced into such a situation from the outset. Yet you ... decided ... without speaking with anyone, to pointlessly inflate the 'price' of a child. a child ..." Ishtar replied.

"... and the child was an Oni."

Ishtar appraised Etrina for a moment then, before shaking her head.

"I can understand in some respects why you acted as you did ... now that I am not so full of anger ..." She continued. "You did not wholly understand how rare an Oni is this side of life, let alone a child ... did not know who Marduk is, or what it was he intended to do with Eresh, should he manage to claim her. Things there was not time to adaquately explain in the heat of the moment. Yet did you stop to think for one minute, that perhaps continuing to goad someone who told you they would kill you- and one who cannot lie besides- was wise ? No. Did you stop to think that adding fuel to the fire that was being kindled between Marduk and I, was perhaps not wise ? No. Did you stop to think how much what was happening might have been effecting me, the same woman who sacrificed her own arm, to keep Nunlil- our enemy at the time- from being killed ?"

Ishtar shook her head.

"No."

After a moment of silence then, Ishtar sighed. Both from the changes she felt inside of her; and the weariness of the day. A day that had most certainly taken its toll on the golden-eyed Oni, and still seemed to not be over yet. And at the end of it ... there was no sense in adding to the stress of it by continuing to find fault with Etrina's actions. Especially now that the girl- and everyone else- was safe for now.

"... This day has not been a pleasant one for any of us. I will simply say that you were attempting to gain control of the situation in a way that was closest to your level of ... comfort. Yes ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    With a nod, Meaagn heads back to the transport ship, only to find one of the youngest of the Chromakai leaving. Quickly intercepting her, "Wher do you think you're going? The ships are about ready to leave, you don't want to get left behind."

Looking a little upset, "Lady Meagan, I..." fidgeting for a moment, "the slavers took something from me, I was hoping to find it."

Looking at her skeptically, "What could be so important to place yourself at risk?"

"It's a locket, on a chain. My grandmother gave it to me, its' all I have left."

"Look," Meagan placed a hand on her shoulder, "go back to the ship. I will do a quick sweep and try to find it. Don't get yoru hopes up, but I'll do what I can. Now go."

Hesitating for a moment, the girl nodded, turned and headed back into the transport ship.

Meagan then poured on the speed, moving quickly back into the asteroid in search of anything that might contain the missing locket.
    The area was a mess, beyond a mess. It seemed like the whole area had been ransacked to within an inch of it's existence. Setting a time limit of herself, Meagan got to work, looking through every box, storage container, storage unit or shelf where jewelry might have been kept.

The clock was ticking, but she pushed herself. Rummaging through everything, she was beginning to think it was hopeless. Once more, she told herself as she hated the thought of even one object of personal value being lost forever.

The area was a mess, beyond a mess. It seemed like the whole area had been ransacked to within an inch of it's existence. Setting a time limit of herself, Meagan got to work, looking through every box, storage container, storage unit or shelf where jewelry might have been kept.

The clock was ticking, but she pushed herself. Rummaging through everything, she was beginning to think it was hopeless. Once more, she told herself as she hated the thought of even one object of personal value being lost forever.
    Pacing about the dilapidated Junjo bazaar, stilled and noiseless in the wake of the violence that had upturned the commercial rabble, Ochazuke slowly returned to the cruiser after ensuring no stragglers were left behind on this hollow rock. It did not escape his notice Meagan had flown away from their common exit and into a frenzied search.

"I didn't take you of all people for a scavenger, though what we may salvage here may yet be invaluable going forward," he said. "We will need to be ready for whatever is out there."

"If you are searching for a choice and particular thing in a sea of flotsam, however, that is likely a futile task."

“When 13-18 were punished, no one stepped forward to act as Supreme Kai. I did. Right now I’m the highest ranking deity in six universes, Lady Asha’rah. Due to my somewhat limited means, no God of Destruction has been picked because I cannot trust that power to anyone should one of the renegade Angels or their allies claim it. As to hunting Sakin, I am and have been. It’s.....a difficult mission, though I do believe the missing Kami are tied to him.”
    Six universes had been quarantined, all under the charge of a single under-resourced administrator. No Gods of Destruction. No Gods of Creation. The Kami were left to fend for themselves, their lines of succession left to slowly break down over the millenia.

Madness. How many eons love and passion had the original Gods of Creation put into the Great Work? Stars were birthed, laws laid down, the conditions for life crafted. Species had struggled for generation upon generation to claw their way from the primordial muck, only to be greeted by a godless sky. All because Zeno was too dumb to deal with an insurgency presented to his face.

Asha'rah shook her head. Though who am I to talk? I missed the same treachery, and I knew Sakin personally.

"If I survive to become strong enough, I will see what I can do to help clean up."

She looked up at the planetarium for the second time since she entered. Floating up to the dummy sun, she tapped on it twice with a glowing finger. The dummy sun shone as if it were the real thing for a moment, then popped open to drop a canister into Asha'rah's palm. Through a sliver of glass running its length, golden aura glowed within, familiar yet somehow undeniably more potent. It was a shard of her power, originally meant as an emergency stabilizer at her peak, about as good as a small blood transfusion to a mortal. But as Asha'rah was now, she suspected it would have a stronger effect.

Looking back to Sihn, Asha'rah wondered what the bespectacled deity's reaction would be. Then she bid him goodbye.

Retired Overlord

"It was bad enough that we were forced into such a situation from the outset. Yet you ... decided ... without speaking with anyone, to pointlessly inflate the 'price' of a child. a child ..." Ishtar replied.

"... and the child was an Oni."

Ishtar appraised Etrina for a moment then, before shaking her head.

"I can understand in some respects why you acted as you did ... now that I am not so full of anger ..." She continued. "You did not wholly understand how rare an Oni is this side of life, let alone a child ... did not know who Marduk is, or what it was he intended to do with Eresh, should he manage to claim her. Things there was not time to adaquately explain in the heat of the moment. Yet did you stop to think for one minute, that perhaps continuing to goad someone who told you they would kill you- and one who cannot lie besides- was wise ? No. Did you stop to think that adding fuel to the fire that was being kindled between Marduk and I, was perhaps not wise ? No. Did you stop to think how much what was happening might have been effecting me, the same woman who sacrificed her own arm, to keep Nunlil- our enemy at the time- from being killed ?"

"No."

After a moment of silence then, Ishtar sighed. Both from the changes she felt inside of her; and the weariness of the day. A day that had most certainly taken its toll on the golden-eyed Oni, and still seemed to not be over yet. And at the end of it ... there was no sense in adding to the stress of it by continuing to find fault with Etrina's actions. Especially now that the girl- and everyone else- was safe for now.

"... This day has not been a pleasant one for any of us. I will simply say that you were attempting to gain control of the situation in a way that was closest to your level of ... comfort. Yes ?"
    "....e...enough....." Etrina sputtered out weakly. "....I....I only did what I thought was the best course. Even if it did go out of hand at the end....my intentions were the same as yours. I only goaded because I thought you understood the intent. I didn't know you were being serious.....no...rather...I didn't want to believe you were being serious. You must have known I wanted to save the child just as much as you....and yet you were truly ready to tear me apart over it? What if I hadn't done what I did? Do you think the results would have been any different? It would have just devolved into a bidding war between the two of you. You'd have painted a target on your back just for him."

"The fact of the matter was I had been hoping Marduk was the one to take a swing, pissed off the hosts and had himself neutralized and throw out. If there was anything I didn't stop to think about.......Its that a friend would tear my head off for trying to help." Etrina let her gaze drop to the floor. "......perhaps I'm an idiot who can't communicate her plans worth a damn.....or calculate all the possibilities......but I trusted you, enough not to take those threats you gave as they were intended."

With a sigh, she turned away. "If you hate me now, there isn't much I can do to resolve that......I've never been good at keeping frien...."

Etrina choked, a recent memory flashing through her head. ".....take care of the kid.....maybe.....I'll come say hi when I don't look as such a fool..."

With that, she started walking slowly in the direction of the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Pacing about the dilapidated Junjo bazaar, stilled and noiseless in the wake of the violence that had upturned the commercial rabble, Ochazuke slowly returned to the cruiser after ensuring no stragglers were left behind on this hollow rock. It did not escape his notice Meagan had flown away from their common exit and into a frenzied search.

"I didn't take you of all people for a scavenger, though what we may salvage here may yet be invaluable going forward," he said. "We will need to be ready for whatever is out there."

"If you are searching for a choice and particular thing in a sea of flotsam, however, that is likely a futile task."
    Hearing Ochazuke coming up behind her, "I'm not doing this for me. Family ties are emotional ties, certain objects hold extreme emotional value. If I didn't at least try to find her necklace, it would hurt her even more than being captured." As she spoke, Meagan moved several crates, opening each one up and looking inside.

Hearing Ochazuke coming up behind her, "I'm not doing this for me. Family ties are emotional ties, certain objects hold extreme emotional value. If I didn't at least try to find her necklace, it would hurt her even more than being captured." As she spoke, Meagan moved several crates, opening each one up and looking inside.
    One final crate, buried under all the others and pushed into a corner. Reaching it, Meagan opens it up and finds several smaller boxes. One box on the top seemed the right size for jewelry, so that is the one she opens first.

Looking inside, she finds several pieces of Jewelry, rings, chains and variosu other items. Near the bottom, she finds a smaller necklace with a locket on it. Opening the locket, she saw an image of the girl and another image of another girl, a much older image. Putting the necklace back in the box, she closes it and says to Ochazuke, "Luck was on my side. I found what I was looking for."

Glancing back down at the other boxes in the crate, she debated with herself about looking inside. After a moment, she pulled out an empty capsule from her carrying case, then used it to encapsulate the entire crate. Once on board the ship, she can go through it to see if any other personal items were inside.

Storing the capsule, "Let's get back to the ship." as she began walking back to the hanger, jewelry box in her hand.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-30-2018 at 03:29 PM.

The relationship started only a few months ago, when the Saiyans gave up all slavery. The Junjo slavers needed a new market, and heard about the GO helping the Chromaki slowly take their planet back from the Nagadarr. They used Unknown technology to meet with and begin trading slavers for weapons to the Nagadarr. This was the third such sale since they became business partners.
    "A relatively recent partnership? Makes sense..." P-Sta mused. "One last thing, then..." he stated, typing to look up any inforation on this unknown technology. A single lead as to what it looked like or how it worked perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "....e...enough....." Etrina sputtered out weakly. "....I....I only did what I thought was the best course. Even if it did go out of hand at the end....my intentions were the same as yours. I only goaded because I thought you understood the intent. I didn't know you were being serious.....no...rather...I didn't want to believe you were being serious. You must have known I wanted to save the child just as much as you....and yet you were truly ready to tear me apart over it? What if I hadn't done what I did? Do you think the results would have been any different? It would have just devolved into a bidding war between the two of you. You'd have painted a target on your back just for him."

"The fact of the matter was I had been hoping Marduk was the one to take a swing, pissed off the hosts and had himself neutralized and throw out. If there was anything I didn't stop to think about.......Its that a friend would tear my head off for trying to help." Etrina let her gaze drop to the floor. "......perhaps I'm an idiot who can't communicate her plans worth a damn.....or calculate all the possibilities......but I trusted you, enough not to take those threats you gave as they were intended."

With a sigh, she turned away. "If you hate me now, there isn't much I can do to resolve that......I've never been good at keeping frien...."

Etrina choked, a recent memory flashing through her head. ".....take care of the kid.....maybe.....I'll come say hi when I don't look as such a fool..."

With that, she started walking slowly in the direction of the ship.
    Ishtar sighed. Of course this would not be resolved simply. What, today, had been? That Etrina somehow found it within herself to believe she was now hated was yet another thing to add to the list; and of all times this conversation was happening now. The Oni blinked then, her golden-eyes closing for the briefest as the persistence of that unsettling- and unknown- changing continued. And when the eyes opened again, the young Mage had turned and began walking away, appearing, as defeated as Ishtar herself had been after Marduk had been forced to retreat.

Of course ...

"Stop. Please." The Oni called out, to the retreating Etrina.

"I must confess that today has not been at all a pleasant affair for me." The Oni stated then stepping over to where Etrina had- hopefully- stopped moving. "I am not as ... together as I usually am. Even counting the day I perhaps ... foolishly ... sacrificed my arm. Of the many things I am feeling right now, hatred towards you is not among them."

A thing the Oni had not wished to share, with anyone besides Sarada ... and yet here she was. Why was it these things had to be so difficult ? And when she had finally reached Etrina, the golden-eyed Oni offered a resoundingly soft 'hm' as she settled beside the girl.

"So ... please understand ... I was willing to tear apart anyone that stood between me, and freeing Ereshkigal."

Perhaps not the best defense, but the only one that did not require a deeper understanding of who- and what- Marduk was. A thing that did not seem proper in the moment, at the very least.

"And at the end, until Marduk lost his temper ... the biggest threat to that, in my mind at the time; was you ..." Ishtar stated, softly, before trailing off with another sigh. Really, looking back at it now that her mind was somewhat clear, Ishtar could see where it had been an overstep more so on her part, than the Mage's. There really was no reason to have become so infuriated, and even if there was a proper defense that could be offered, it would not be fair to Etrina, to fall back on such a thing to justify her actions beyond simply hoping they could be understood.

So with that in mind, the Oni reached a hand out and gently placed it upon Etrina's shoulder.

"I am sorry, Etrina. You are, at the very least a friend. At most, you are someone I trust more than I would many others." In part due to Erosa being a manifestation of the girl's subconscious, in part due to the fact that Zurvan had found it within himself to open his Grimiore to her. The Aspect was hardly one who allowed unregulated use of time magic, let alone offered his own insight into manipulating its flow ...

Regardless, Ishtar's words were as true as ever.

"I will not ask for forgiveness ... I do not feel as if such is enough, given what I may have been compelled to attempt ... but at the least I can hope something might be done to make up for it."

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar sighed. Of course this would not be resolved simply. What, today, had been? That Etrina somehow found it within herself to believe she was now hated was yet another thing to add to the list; and of all times this conversation was happening now. The Oni blinked then, her golden-eyes closing for the briefest as the persistence of that unsettling- and unknown- changing continued. And when the eyes opened again, the young Mage had turned and began walking away, appearing, as defeated as Ishtar herself had been after Marduk had been forced to retreat.

Of course ...

"Stop. Please." The Oni called out, to the retreating Etrina.

"I must confess that today has not been at all a pleasant affair for me." The Oni stated then stepping over to where Etrina had- hopefully- stopped moving. "I am not as ... together as I usually am. Even counting the day I perhaps ... foolishly ... sacrificed my arm. Of the many things I am feeling right now, hatred towards you is not among them."

A thing the Oni had not wished to share, with anyone besides Sarada ... and yet here she was. Why was it these things had to be so difficult ? And when she had finally reached Etrina, the golden-eyed Oni offered a resoundingly soft 'hm' as she settled beside the girl.

"So ... please understand ... I was willing to tear apart anyone that stood between me, and freeing Ereshkigal."

Perhaps not the best defense, but the only one that did not require a deeper understanding of who- and what- Marduk was. A thing that did not seem proper in the moment, at the very least.

"And at the end, until Marduk lost his temper ... the biggest threat to that, in my mind at the time; was you ..." Ishtar stated, softly, before trailing off with another sigh. Really, looking back at it now that her mind was somewhat clear, Ishtar could see where it had been an overstep more so on her part, than the Mage's. There really was no reason to have become so infuriated, and even if there was a proper defense that could be offered, it would not be fair to Etrina, to fall back on such a thing to justify her actions beyond simply hoping they could be understood.

So with that in mind, the Oni reached a hand out and gently placed it upon Etrina's shoulder.

"I am sorry, Etrina. You are, at the very least a friend. At most, you are someone I trust more than I would many others." In part due to Erosa being a manifestation of the girl's subconscious, in part due to the fact that Zurvan had found it within himself to open his Grimiore to her. The Aspect was hardly one who allowed unregulated use of time magic, let alone offered his own insight into manipulating its flow ...

Regardless, Ishtar's words were as true as ever.

"I will not ask for forgiveness ... I do not feel as if such is enough, given what I may have been compelled to attempt ... but at the least I can hope something might be done to make up for it."
    Having stopped at her request, Etrina didn't turn to face the Oni until she was finished. Even then it took monumental effort on her part...not because she harbored any more ill will to the Oni herself. More because if anyone were to see her in the state she was now, tears poking the way out of the corners of her eyes, they may get the wrong impression.

".....Your right....We've all had a very bad day....and you don't need to ask for forgiveness. Honestly, the fact your willing to go to that length to protect someone....with that level of honesty. I wasn't wrong in trusting you. I just need to pay more attention in the future...." Wiping a tear away with her finger, Etrina looked at the wet tip of her finger and let out a quiet chuckle. "..........I still look like a fool though. If Zaofan saw me now I wonder how he'd react."

Wiping the remaining tear away, Etrina held out her hand to the oni. "But if you feel you must make up for something....look after Erosa when I can't. Shes takes a shine to you, if that new form of hers is any indication"

"In light of the privilege to move and think as she wills, Meagan, you spoil this single child, even as the air begins to thin around us," he mused. "Why should this one be any different?"

A little more than four hundred had lost everything, stripped of their personhood on the way to being sold like meat. Brought low by the crawling filth of the universe, never again to experience a moment outside of the wish of a weak-willed fool to be served as master, they were all of them slaves in kind but for a choice moment to act.

Many things were lost in this slavers' diaspora, the empowerment of liberty and pride hobbled alike. Yet in spite of Ochazuke's harsh line of questioning, he - least of all, perhaps - was not unsympathetic to the ties of memory.

One final crate, buried under all the others and pushed into a corner. Reaching it, Meagan opens it up and finds several smaller boxes. One box on the top seemed the right size for jewelry, so that is the one she opens first.

Looking inside, she finds several pieces of Jewelry, rings, chains and variosu other items. Near the bottom, she finds a smaller necklace with a locket on it. Opening the locket, she saw an image of the girl and another image of another girl, a much older image. Putting the necklace back in the box, she closes it and says to Ochazuke, "Luck was on my side. I found what I was looking for."

Glancing back down at the other boxes in the crate, she debated with herself about looking inside. After a moment, she pulled out an empty capsule from her carrying case, then used it to encapsulate the entire crate. Once on board the ship, she can go through it to see if any other personal items were inside.

Storing the capsule, "Let's get back to the ship." as she began walking back to the hanger, jewelry box in her hand.
    "Grant to her what is hers, if you must. As I have heard it the Patrolmen will be upon this place soon, and this place is not short of contraband," he said. "Is it because this one is your kin that you must personally see to this matter?"

Leaving it at that, he followed some distance behind, keeping an eye out for stragglers unturned enemy hands.

Better a future gained than a memory lost, held ransom to tokens and images, Ochazuke thought to himself.

Much remained left to the wayside in the bazaar grounds, scattered to be forgotten. He supposed Meagan's gesture would make a world of difference to the one Chromakai girl, but for the losses of the other four hundred, who tended to the needs of their wounded hearts? The sooner they returned home, perhaps all the swifter for this adrift and bitter mood to depart. He crossed the distance to the ship, falling into the fold of more familiar company soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "In light of the privilege to move and think as she wills, Meagan, you spoil this single child, even as the air begins to thin around us," he mused. "Why should this one be any different?"

A little more than four hundred had lost everything, stripped of their personhood on the way to being sold like meat. Brought low by the crawling filth of the universe, never again to experience a moment outside of the wish of a weak-willed fool to be served as master, they were all of them slaves in kind but for a choice moment to act.

Many things were lost in this slavers' diaspora, the empowerment of liberty and pride hobbled alike. Yet in spite of Ochazuke's harsh line of questioning, he - least of all, perhaps - was not unsympathetic to the ties of memory.

"Grant to her what is hers, if you must. As I have heard it the Patrolmen will be upon this place soon, and this place is not short of contraband," he said. "Is it because this one is your kin that you must personally see to this matter?"

Leaving it at that, he followed some distance behind, keeping an eye out for stragglers unturned enemy hands.

Better a future gained than a memory lost, held ransom to tokens and images, Ochazuke thought to himself.

Much remained left to the wayside in the bazaar grounds, scattered to be forgotten. He supposed Meagan's gesture would make a world of difference to the one Chromakai girl, but for the losses of the other four hundred, who tended to the needs of their wounded hearts? The sooner they returned home, perhaps all the swifter for this adrift and bitter mood to depart. He crossed the distance to the ship, falling into the fold of more familiar company soon enough.
    Meagan turned to give him an oddly appreciative look, before looking towards the ship and picking up the pace. "To save even just one life, is to save the future." was all she said to him as she neared the entry to the ship and began boarding it.