Page 9 of 782 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 11718
  1. #121
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    More metal attackers pop up, and the stranger shoots them a agin and again. As they get closer to his position, he throws out a grenade that erupts into a strange metallic chaff that surrounds them. He jumps off the building too, a grapple shooting out and slowing his descent until he lands in front of them.

    “Follow, now!”

    The man darts off, leading them through the ruined city.
    Whoever this person was -- a man, evidently -- he seemed to have some measure of experience with these metal nuisances. As Sarada followed him through the mangled, dilapidated ruins of the city, she couldn't help but wonder who he was and how he managed to survive Earth's fall while everyone else -- in Capital City at least -- seemed to have died off.

  2. #122
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A loud energy crackle is heard as a beam of energy arcs from atop a ruined building and takes across seven of the robots, destroying them even as Neva turns several into stone.

    Another beam of energy arcs down and destroys the rest.


    A figure stands atop the ruined building, a beam gun in hand. The person is cloaked and hidden, but gestures to them to dead towards their position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    More metal attackers pop up, and the stranger shoots them a agin and again. As they get closer to his position, he throws out a grenade that erupts into a strange metallic chaff that surrounds them. He jumps off the building too, a grapple shooting out and slowing his descent until he lands in front of them.

    “Follow, now!”

    The man darts off, leading them through the ruined city.
    As Ishtar follows, the Oni does what she can with her gravity magic, yanking down ruined buildings behind them to help stymie what pursues them.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  3. #123

    Default Catching up

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Six months since Simon Battersea and the Parasite Fife were defeated:

    The Lookout gleamed clean as several old friends begin to gather. However, before any reach the Lookout (before Ishtar and Sarada meet there), Eva and Kai both look up, startled.

    Eva opens her mouth to say something, but simply vanishes.

    Kai, a moment later, does as well.

    The Lookout stands empty when the lovers reunite.

    óóóóóóóóóó

    Jinzi Pantaloon, with ships finished and upgrades done, also vanishes suddenly. Various scientists vanish too, and those there (Adam, Held and Meagan potentially), donít see it happen.

    All around the world, slowly and then faster and faster people, places, and things vanish.

    The world goes white in their eyes.

    óóóóóóóóóó

    Player characters awaken wherever they were when this starts (Lookout, CC, Dusk City, wherever), and find themselves in unfamiliar but familiar territory. The Lookout seems trashed, broken, and burned. CCís is a smoking crater, etc.......

    You have no idea of how this happened, just one moment everything was ok and the next you were in this ruined world. Essentially, you wake up/arrive and things are like this.
    The ten minutes with Kenshiko had been a lengthy endeavour, separated only by the nanite-reinforced glass of the K-Wing's visitation area. Yet the meeting had been a fruitful one at the end of it, and with an unspoken understanding between Kru and pupil, Ochazuke slowly paced toward the exit of the building. For the first time in years he had seen before him a path to the summit, an ever-rising plateau without end where the dream she'd given him long ago could become a reality. So absorbed he was in the possibilities that when the curtain of white bled through the entrance of a windowless concrete wall he stepped through it without a second thought.

    When he woke to the change in scenery within the walls of the prison courtyard, the ruin Ochazuke beheld gave him pause.

    What fresh hell is this?

    It came so suddenly without a warning. A vision or ruin swept across the narrow expanse he beheld.

    Reflexively he pushed off the ground to fly, but found the aura he'd used regularly to move between continents would not respond. A curt grunt escaped him as he attempted to right his sense-awareness within his meditation field to ascertain where else his abilities had been encumbered.

  4. #124
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The ten minutes with Kenshiko had been a lengthy endeavour, separated only by the nanite-reinforced glass of the K-Wing's visitation area. Yet the meeting had been a fruitful one at the end of it, and with an unspoken understanding between Kru and pupil, Ochazuke slowly paced toward the exit of the building. For the first time in years he had seen before him a path to the summit, an ever-rising plateau without end where the dream she'd given him long ago could become a reality. So absorbed he was in the possibilities that when the curtain of white bled through the entrance of a windowless concrete wall he stepped through it without a second thought.

    When he woke to the change in scenery within the walls of the prison courtyard, the ruin Ochazuke beheld gave him pause.

    What fresh hell is this?

    It came so suddenly without a warning. A vision or ruin swept across the narrow expanse he beheld.

    Reflexively he pushed off the ground to fly, but found the aura he'd used regularly to move between continents would not respond. A curt grunt escaped him as he attempted to right his sense-awareness within his meditation field to ascertain where else his abilities had been encumbered.


    He could still sense to a limited range.

    He sense Ishtar, Sarada, etc.....not too far away amidst the ruins.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #125
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar follows, the Oni does what she can with her gravity magic, yanking down ruined buildings behind them to help stymie what pursues them.
    The stranger laughs softly, something familiar about it, and gives her the thumbs up a she leads them towards a back alley.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #126
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar follows, the Oni does what she can with her gravity magic, yanking down ruined buildings behind them to help stymie what pursues them.
    Running away from explosions and toppling buildings, zipping past dust clouds and rains of debris, Zaofan keeps his arms above his head, moving as quickly as he can to keep up with the others. "Sweet merciful Kami..."

    He can't remember feeling this winded this quickly before; at least, not in a long time. His legs feel clumsy, his frustration grows from how slowly they're making their way even at their best running speed. Nonetheless, if they make it out of here alive, Zaofan will find a way to kiss his own ki aura.

  7. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    More metal attackers pop up, and the stranger shoots them a agin and again. As they get closer to his position, he throws out a grenade that erupts into a strange metallic chaff that surrounds them. He jumps off the building too, a grapple shooting out and slowing his descent until he lands in front of them.

    “Follow, now!”

    The man darts off, leading them through the ruined city.
    Nevanlinna does as requested and follows, bobbing, weaving, and vaulting over the debris of the ruined city. On occasion, to save time, she draws her sword, throws it ahead of her, and teleports to it, re-sheathing it afterwards. This was not the first obstacle course she'd run--not even the first one with danger on her heels--so she kept pace with the others quite easily.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He could still sense to a limited range.

    He sense Ishtar, Sarada, etc.....not too far away amidst the ruins.
    The familiar airs of old comrades was a welcome sight to bear, but for the inability to meet them in a timely manner. Feeling the diminished scope of his abilities, Ochazuke muttered under his breath. Stepping forward, he felt the fabric catch across his shoulders. So prepared to fight, he'd forgotten he was still wearing the white fitted suit he'd acquired from Jinzi.

    I'll have to face whatever comes head on. Above or lateral is an issue, he thought to himself, fixing the metal clasp of his belt buckle, kicks will have to stay below the waist...

    Making his way to the rusted door surrounded by the crawl of vine, he forcefully pushed through, and it lay flat on its hinges with a dull clang. Beholding the ruined city in the fog, he started moving toward the others, treading down from the road where he came, his senses running high and on full alert.

  9. #129
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar follows, the Oni does what she can with her gravity magic, yanking down ruined buildings behind them to help stymie what pursues them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The stranger laughs softly, something familiar about it, and gives her the thumbs up a she leads them towards a back alley.
    Sarada did her best to follow as closely and quickly as she could, but her breath was quickly escaping her. She had become too reliant on her ki enhanced physique. Without it, she felt as weak and helpless as the humans they fought to protect months ago. It sickened her. She hated being weak! She was strong, damn it. She didn't leave her home the first time and venture to an unknown world on a whim just to have the strength she worked her ass off for to be stripped from her just like that!

    "How... much... further?" she questioned between heavy breathes.

  10. #130
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,076

    Default

    Running past, Ochazuke sees a sleeping Held as he passes by, just as he sees the group being led by a stranger in a cloak and mask.

    The man pauses, motions for Ochazuke to grab Held and follow them. He turns back and speaks to Sarada, his voice familiar.

    “Over here, just a bit further.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar follows, the Oni does what she can with her gravity magic, yanking down ruined buildings behind them to help stymie what pursues them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Running away from explosions and toppling buildings, zipping past dust clouds and rains of debris, Zaofan keeps his arms above his head, moving as quickly as he can to keep up with the others. "Sweet merciful Kami..."

    He can't remember feeling this winded this quickly before; at least, not in a long time. His legs feel clumsy, his frustration grows from how slowly they're making their way even at their best running speed. Nonetheless, if they make it out of here alive, Zaofan will find a way to kiss his own ki aura.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada did her best to follow as closely and quickly as she could, but her breath was quickly escaping her. She had become too reliant on her ki enhanced physique. Without it, she felt as weak and helpless as the humans they fought to protect months ago. It sickened her. She hated being weak! She was strong, damn it. She didn't leave her home the first time and venture to an unknown world on a whim just to have the strength she worked her ass off for to be stripped from her just like that!

    "How... much... further?" she questioned between heavy breathes.
    The sound of concrete shattering upon asphalt where a building hit the road was a familiar sight as he'd seen before in Evangeline's manifestations within the Pendulum room on the Lookout. Immediately he recognized Ishtar, Zaofan and Sarada's signatures. Uncharacteristically they fled from the scene of the commotion, pursuing another subdued power as they moved to escape something behind them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna does as requested and follows, bobbing, weaving, and vaulting over the debris of the ruined city. On occasion, to save time, she draws her sword, throws it ahead of her, and teleports to it, re-sheathing it afterwards. This was not the first obstacle course she'd run--not even the first one with danger on her heels--so she kept pace with the others quite easily.
    Ochazuke quickened his pace as he felt another energy signature he did not recognize in their midst, flitting from one place to the next in an instant. Was this their pursuer? He moved toward their path, hopefully able to intercept their course at the end of it and find out just what was going on here and assist if he could.

  12. #132
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Running past, Ochazuke sees a sleeping Held as he passes by, just as he sees the group being led by a stranger in a cloak and mask.

    The man pauses, motions for Ochazuke to grab Held and follow them. He turns back and speaks to Sarada, his voice familiar.

    “Over here, just a bit further.”
    He... sounded familiar. She couldn't place where or when, but she knew him from somewhere.

    Well, it was curious, but not a pressing issue at the moment. All she was concerned with was getting to safety, catching her breath, and figuring out what the hell was going on. "Okay."

  13. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Running past, Ochazuke sees a sleeping Held as he passes by, just as he sees the group being led by a stranger in a cloak and mask.

    The man pauses, motions for Ochazuke to grab Held and follow them. He turns back and speaks to Sarada, his voice familiar.

    “Over here, just a bit further.”
    The Nevadian lay down to rest in the dirt. Ochazuke exchanged a glance with the masked stranger, then back to Held where he lay. Bending over his unconscious comrade, he fell two fingers against his throat feeling for breath and a pulse.

    He's still alive. Has he been overcome?

    He lay his hands over Held, searching for hidden wounds, untended injuries, anything.

    ...what are you doing?

    Ochazuke sighed, shook his head, and pressed a finger to the inside of Held's forearm, the diminished energie sparking with a facsimile of the Dragon Fire like lighting a match to his skin. Lighting a fire under the Nevadian would be sure to shock him awake; they would need his skills going forward.

    "On your feet," he said, "there may be rest where there is refuge. Right now we have the luxury of neither."

    Helping him up, he moved with him to join the rest of their vagrant group in their escape.

  14. #134
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,076

    Default

    The man pops a hidden grate and points down.

    “Here, quickly, before the Lyne show up.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #135
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The man pops a hidden grate and points down.

    “Here, quickly, before the Lyne show up.”
    Sarada assumed that the 'Lyne' were those robo-fucks that were hellbent on arresting them and tossing them into whatever gulag they were created by. She had no intention on finding out the hard way and climbed inside the grate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •