Page 91 of 782 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “A few things before you go, Lady Asha’rah. With the threat of those that betrayed us gaining more power, no new Gods or Supreme Kai’s can be elected. You showed us all one could harness the power of both, and it is the Grand Priests fear they would attempt to do just that if they could and break the seals keeping them here. Thus why I am the only one near deity status at the moment. When they are all put down, then new balance can be brought and the seals on our universes removed. That is a promise from Lord Zeno.”

“Also, as to the Kami situation, it is my belief they are being targeted for their small divine essences. Absent Gods or Supreme Kai’s, they are the only source remaining of such power. I have tried to track them down, but they seem to move between the six universes always one step ahead. I swear it is a priority, though. But Inam only one man.”

“Finally, a letter addressed to you.”

Sihn hands her an envelope.

“A pleasure, Lady Asha’rah. Safe journeys.”
    Seeing no reason to wait, Asha'rah opened the envelope and read the letter.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 05-31-2018 at 08:44 AM.

With Midori's torso cut open before her, Shiro and the strange machine Midori was hooked into looked at the metal bones, wires, and electronic components that made up her 'insides'. Using her extending camera eye to look over them, Midori said "OK, I think I see the device Dr. Nijimoto and you put into me." as one of her 'hands' pointed at a small, spherical device just below her metal ribcage.

"Yes, that's it. Now, to check it out properly." Shiro said, grabbing a scanner and placed the sensors from it to the small device. Midori watched with her camera eye as the device in Shiro's hand beeped slightly as it performed its scans. While Shiro scanned that, Midori's strange machine hooked a couple of sensors to her power cell.

Midori set her scanner aside to let it do its job as she began looking over the rest of her internal workings, gently prodding each device that made up her cybernetic 'organs' as she did so.

"You know, watching that device of your's work on you and knowing its controlled by your CPU is weird." Shiro said, and the eye camera turned to Shiro as Midori commented "Really? I never thought about that, but I guess it could be considered kind of weird."

"So, after we ensure you're fully functional despite these changes, are you planning on keeping them even after you get done with your 'lessons' with Sarada or are you going to return to normal?" Shiro asked, and the device Midori was controlling managed to make a shrug-like motion as Midori answered "I don't really know yet. I'll have to see how this new form handles combat. But I have to admit, despite that strange feeling I got earlier about someone being creepy toward me, I kind of like the way people have reacted to the new me."

"Well, I'll support you whatever you decide to do." Shiro said, and Midori's face smiled as she said "Awwww, thanks Shiro."

Shiro smiled back as she said "You're welcome. But before you make a decision, let's make sure that these changes haven't adversely affected you."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Retired Overlord

Ishtar was almost positive- not quite, given her state- that what had been said was not enough to bring a girl to tears, yet as she stood beside Etrina that is what came. Not full, ugly sobbing mind ... simply a few drops that curved the lines of the young mage's face and dripped down to the ruined floor of the asteroid below; but enough to at least give the Oni pause. Though what was said at least, was something easier to address.

"I ... have not had the luxury of friendship, often, in my life," said Ishtar, finally.

"Perhaps one individual every few centuries, less since Sekhmet ..." the Oni trailed off, a story for another time. "In any case ... despite my ... lapse in judgement, I would consider you among that small number. I would protect my friends- individuals I care for- as I intended to protect Ereshkigal. In the future simply .. offer a word in thought, my mind is always open to you ... and I will do my best to keep in mind you will always help in your own way." Offering a small smile then however, she then added. "As to Zaofan ... I suspect he would be on his knees, doing his utmost to make you smile."
    "Ehehe....I suppose he would." Etrina smiled. "Very well....If you'll have me as a friend, I shall strive to share my thoughts with you in the future so we'll not run afoul ever again."

The subject of Erosa came up, however, and Ishtar's brow furrowed as she considered what was implied.

"I do not see you losing the ability to care for Erosa, for quite some time ... yet I shall do as you ask." The golden-eyed Oni eventually replied, taking Etrina's hand into her own. "And yes I have ... noticed her new appearance, the horn was of some surprise. I did not know I had that much of an impact on her." While it was true she had been the first so speak with Erosa, their interaction since then had been something of a minimal thing; the young Id choosing to roam separate circles than the one Ishtar had found herself in.

"I am glad she was there to help with Marduk however, he was my kin, once ... yet he has passed far and beyond what he once was."
    "Yes...I noticed. Its a strange thing isn't it.....we put our family on such a high pedestal. They're the betrayals that hurt the most in the end....that's the way I feel anyways." Etrina let out a quiet sigh. ".....as for the horn....I have a hard time picturing it coming from any other inspiration besides you. Such is the chaotic nature of familiars....though this form in particular is powered by unusual circumstances."

Ishtar feels a sudden.....flare, in her stomache. Radiating outward, the pain registers lower until it focuses above her butt. Suddenly, she has a long blue skinned tail of about four feet waving behind her (think Freiza’s tail), and her pants have been ruined.
    Just then, a sudden flaring of almost mind-numbing pain shot through Ishtar, causing the hand wrapped around Etrina's own to tighten, as the Oni staggered forward; and when the blossoming pain finally came to settle just above her rump ... Ishtar offered Etrina a look of concern before a tail exploded from the base of her spine and ruined her pants. And as Ishtar stood there with her pants ruined and a four foot long tail thrashing about behind her as it grew accustomed to the life it had been thrust into .. the golden-eyed Oni offered a single word.

"Oh."

At least the drinks hadn't killed her, she supposed.
    "........" Etrina tilted to the side, eyeing the new tail with a deadpan expression befitting a situation as outlandish as the one they were in.

"........" Etrina watches the shreds of fabric that made up Ishtars pants drift to the floor with just as deadpan a stare.

"..............Oh......" Etrina glanced away, a red blush showing on her cheeks. "....*cough*.....So...just so we're clear....this isn't what an oni does when their aroused correct? I mean.....I'd be flattered but.....no in front of a child..."

Retired Overlord

"I found some vials containing some festive looking liquids, and after testing to see if they were safe, found them to be nothing more than exotic beverages ... so I drank them ... I suspect that ... ah ... drinking all three of them is responsible to this, I think ... I really do not know." The Oni sighed again, before attempting to manipulate the tail, causing it to swing back around behind her, before the tip wiggled weakly in Sarada's direction.

"At the very least, it is a thing I can busy myself with learning to use one supposes."

Growing somewhat more self-conscious in the presence of the Saiyan with which she shared a bed, however, the golden-eyed Oni offered a furtive glance before saying somewhat sheepishly,

"I uh ... how does it look ?"
    "Like a Tail." Etrina answered, completely missing the point of the question. "....and what made you think drinking colorful liquids that you found in a criminal cesspool was a good idea? You could have been poisoned! That could have been the Jungo equivalent to rocket fuel! Some powerful new drug! You could have been running around the asteroid butt naked shrieking while the rest of us chase you down."

Etrina paused her tirade, let out a sigh, and then started chuckling. "In the realm of impulsive planning....I guess we're even now huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan looks at him, nods, then turned to head into the ship, speaking as she does, "I do not have all the answers, I may not have any answers. However," She takes a step forward, "I am open to suggestions, if there is advice to give, I would welcome it."
    Entering the ship, Meagan first seeks out the young woman who sent her on this micro-quest. Finding her, she returns the necklace then spends the next few minutes enduring thanks from her and others.

Extricating herself, she finds her way to small a cargo section of the ship. There she pulls out her capsule and opens it, releasing the crate and its' contents. In doing so, the crate tips over and its' contents starts to fall out. As she uprights the larger box, she begins the process in returning the contents back inside. As she is about to, she notices at the bottom of the crate a Data Pad and a Credit Stick.

Storing the credit stick in a pocket, she examines the data pad and realizes that it is Nagadarr technology. Setting it aside, she puts back the rest of the contents of the create, including the Jewelry box, then picks the data-pad back up and leaves. She had already decided to inform the GP officers and let them decide what to do with the remaining contents of the last crate.

Returning to the overcrowded passenger area, she manages to find a seat and activates the data-pad. It takes a moment for the screen to go white and a menu to appear. Though the language of the tablet is the one native to the Nagadarr, it is one she had become familiar enough with to read and understand.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Seeing no reason to wait, Asha'rah opened the envelope and read the letter.
    A moment, and then a vision fills her head instead of words on a page.

Standing beside her is the Grand Priest in this vision, and before them eternity.

The Grand Priest smiles.

“Hello Asha’rah. Forgive the unusual method of speaking to you.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 05-31-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Entering the ship, Meagan first seeks out the young woman who sent her on this micro-quest. Finding her, she returns the necklace then spends the next few minutes enduring thanks from her and others.

Extricating herself, she finds her way to small a cargo section of the ship. There she pulls out her capsule and opens it, releasing the crate and its' contents. In doing so, the crate tips over and its' contents starts to fall out. As she uprights the larger box, she begins the process in returning the contents back inside. As she is about to, she notices at the bottom of the crate a Data Pad and a Credit Stick.

Storing the credit stick in a pocket, she examines the data pad and realizes that it is Nagadarr technology. Setting it aside, she puts back the rest of the contents of the create, including the Jewelry box, then picks the data-pad back up and leaves. She had already decided to inform the GP officers and let them decide what to do with the remaining contents of the last crate.

Returning to the overcrowded passenger area, she manages to find a seat and activates the data-pad. It takes a moment for the screen to go white and a menu to appear. Though the language of the tablet is the one native to the Nagadarr, it is one she had become familiar enough with to read and understand.
    It only has a few things on it. Location of Nagadarr forces on Chromaki, their dwindling numbers, and two other sales of Chromaki slaves. It shows who bought them and when (month and two moths ago). Appears to be about another three hundred in total have been sold.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The ships start leaving the asteroid now. The various GP ships that came late take away the captured Junjo, slavers, and buyers.

Enoki and her poeople board her ship to head back and relieve Jinzi. Enoki hugs Sarada tightly to her and promises they’ll see each other again. Meanwhile, Tron and Tran are taking the Chromaki home, and offer to take all of you with them (Meagan knows the Nagadarr invasion is almost over judging by what she’s gathered off the data pad. One more strike at their leadership could break them).
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The ships start leaving the asteroid now. The various GP ships that came late take away the captured Junjo, slavers, and buyers.

Enoki and her poeople board her ship to head back and relieve Jinzi. Enoki hugs Sarada tightly to her and promises they’ll see each other again. Meanwhile, Tron and Tran are taking the Chromaki home, and offer to take all of you with them (Meagan knows the Nagadarr invasion is almost over judging by what she’s gathered off the data pad. One more strike at their leadership could break them).
    Meagan shares the information on the datapad with Tron and Tran, lets them copy it, but holds onto the pad with the original data herself. She agrees to go back with her people, to destroy the last of the Nagadarr strongholds on the planet.

From the information it is clear that the Nagadarr have been driven out of several major Cities; The City of Kin on the Continent of Sabaku; The City of Nendo on the Continent of Numa; and The City of Ran on the Continent of Nohara. Only the Cities of Sekitan on the Continent of Kurai and Gin (Meagan's home city) on the Continent of Yama remain in conflict.

The battle at Sekitan was not going well for the Nagadarr and it looked like that city might be retaken by the Chromakai and the GP forces soon. Those Nagadarr that escaped being killed or captured were making their way to Gin and are holding that city, and it's inhabitants hostage. The information on the data pad also indicated that a call for backup had been sent to the Nagadarr home world, but it made no indication that the message was received or that any additional backup would be arriving.

Most of this, if not spelled out directly, she was able to easily extrapolate from the data.

The fact there are more Chromakai that had been previously enslaved made Meaagn's blood boil, but she kept her temper in check. As they traveled, she spoke to Tran and Tron, suggesting that those Chromakai who were rescued be left with the people of the City of Kin. They would be safest there. She told them she was going to Gin to break the final stronghold of the Nagadarr.

Once the planet was free, they would rescue the other Chromakai and punish those who took them.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-31-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada hugged Enoki just as tightly, then saluted the other Saiyans. "I promise we'll cross paths again soon."

She intended in joining Meagan on Chroma to help liberate her people from these Nagadarr things. She had never heard of them, but anyone that sought to enslave or eradicate another race needed to be dealt with.

"So, what's the deal with the Naga things?" she asked Meagan. "How powerful are they? What kind of techniques do they specialize in? What kind of tactics?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada hugged Enoki just as tightly, then saluted the other Saiyans. "I promise we'll cross paths again soon."

She intended in joining Meagan on Chroma to help liberate her people from these Nagadarr things. She had never heard of them, but anyone that sought to enslave or eradicate another race needed to be dealt with.

"So, what's the deal with the Naga things?" she asked Meagan. "How powerful are they? What kind of techniques do they specialize in? What kind of tactics?"
    Meagan thanked Sarada for coming with her to free Chroma, "The Nagadarr are monstrously strong and just as hard to kill. Even the weakest of them could trash this spaceship with little effort. They are giants, the tallest being over ten feet in height. They usually wear armor, head to toe, and carry weapons, lots of weapons. They are each like tanks, walking tanks plowing their way through any obstacle. That is, two kinds of them are. There are three types of Nagadarr, most of the ones you will encounter are the ones we call the Ogres and the Cloven-Feet or Devils. I have seen them move fast, but most times they just trample over everyone and everything. Orgres are the largest, but they are also the slowest. Devils are much faster, and they can jump much higher. "

"The third type of Nagadarr is more humanoid-like. We call them the Demons since they hide in shadows and are very deadly. They rarely appear in public, but we know they pretty much run the whole invasion army. They are also tall, and strong, insanely strong, and fast. They move faster than the other two. If they are looking to take out someone specific, the Demons are the ones who usually do the assassination. Many of our planet's leaders were taken out that way."

"As for Ki, there have been reports of seeing them use it, but its' not something they do regularly. If disarmed and cornered, it is possible they might fall back on Ki blasts, but I have never seen it myself. The one I fought on the Junjo's asteroid base was a Cloven-foot type. I recognized him as the one called Grin, since he was in charge of the prison I was being held at...." Meagan shuddered for a moment, the memory of it still got to her even after all these years, "the prison where he would torture us, myself and my fellow resistance cell members, trying to get us to talk about other resistance cells. That, and the idea of a public execution to further instill fear in my people were the only things that kept us alive. I am not surprised that he was involved in selling my people into slavery."

Taking a deep breath, "Thing is, compared to the Ogres, Grin was relatively small and weak. Yet, if i hadn't stopped him, he still would have destroyed this ship and everyone on it, easily. It took using 3 times my power to do it, and that was only because he wasn't wearing all that much armor."

"They can be taken out. If you can disarm them. One of the tactics most Resistance cells employed was to destroy their weapons, blow up their armories. Or steal their weapons and turn them against the Nagadarr. You, me and the others in our team are each living weapons now. Just don't expect to take out more than a few Nagadarr at a time. And don't underestimate their weapons. They have this odd relationship with technology, it's hard to explain, except that I have never seen weapons so powerful and so deadly."
    Last edited by Tami; 05-31-2018 at 12:52 PM.

A moment, and then a vision fills her head instead of words on a page.

Standing beside her is the Grand Priest in this vision, and before them eternity.

The Grand Priest smiles.

“Hello Asha’rah. Forgive the unusual method of speaking to you.”
    Asha'rah looked about her. This was the third time today she had been wrenched without warning into a different place. If she were ever to find herself as a god again, she would keep its emotional impact in mind. Then she turned her attention to the Grand Priest. Considering how she had raised a rebellion against him, she felt remarkably ambivalent towards him. The Grand Priest had always been polite and amiable, and he dealt with Zeno with seemingly infinite patience. That the palace had actually been cut off from communication for an indeterminate time while the angels fomented rebellion meant that they had not been actively against what Asha'rah was advocating for. Yet it was the Grand Priest's administration that had so blind as to be unaware of the reasons for Asha'rah's rebellion till she had smashed her way through the palace gates. The "solution" he implemented to deal with the traitors...avoided the worst outcome, yet Asha'rah could not help but feel a lot more could have been done. Yet she should not judge so harshly, if Sakin had indeed tricked her into rebellion in the first place. All in all, her views on the man with the most effective power in existence remained mixed.

And how did the Grand Priest view her? A tragic hero? An impertinent being who knew not her place? A pawn? A traitor? He would not be remiss in believing any or all such things about her. But the Grand Priest had always been a reserved one.

"Grand Priest. I understand this universe, among others, has been sealed off. What would you have of me?"

Then:

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ehehe....I suppose he would." Etrina smiled. "Very well....If you'll have me as a friend, I shall strive to share my thoughts with you in the future so we'll not run afoul ever again."
    "I would, and would do the same." Ishtar responded with a small smile.

"Yes...I noticed. Its a strange thing isn't it.....we put our family on such a high pedestal. They're the betrayals that hurt the most in the end....that's the way I feel anyways." Etrina let out a quiet sigh. ".....as for the horn....I have a hard time picturing it coming from any other inspiration besides you. Such is the chaotic nature of familiars....though this form in particular is powered by unusual circumstances."
    "I would not consider it a betrayal ... simply an evolution beyond her humble beginnings." Ishtar offered then, in response to Etrina's comment.

"All the same I am still surprised she was so taken with my horns. Of all things one could grow attached to ..." the Oni trailed off with a soft chuckle then, before shaking her head. "In any case, should the time ever come; I will do as you ask. I have a fondness for her, besides ... such a thing would hardly be a bother." It was about this time however, the pain settled in Ishtar's gut, and with a grimace the events leading to the birth of a prehensile tail followed.

----

Now:

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So, Ishtar offered her explanation for the brand new appendage, looking incredibly self-conscious about the entire affair. When she was done, Sarada took the time to think it over.

She supposed she could see the lack of harm at drinking what appeared to be simply a set of expensive looking beverages. Still, they were in vials, so that alone should have set off some kind of warning alarms that maybe she shouldn't drink all three of them at the same time. Then again, it had been an extremely long, very tiring, and incredibly mentally taxing day for all of them; she could forgive Ishtar for not thinking things through as thoroughly as she should have.

In the end, Ishtar was left with a four-foot long tail that she appeared to have control over. She resisted the slow, crawling grin that threatened to appear, but the lewd, perverted thoughts she suddenly had at all the ways Ishtar could use that tail behind closed doors made it very apparent what she made of this new development.

When asked how it looked, there was only one way to respond.

"As beautiful as the rest of you," she answered honestly. "If you need some points on how to manipulate it, I will do what I can to help."
    Ishtar blinked when the woman responded.

As beautiful as the rest of you. Honest enough words expressing just how much Sarada liked it- or at the least did not mind; and words enough to make the golden-eyed Oni's heart flutter despite itself.

Though it seemed to be more than that if what was being offered across the connection of Aka Manah was to be understood; which itself was at comfort. The more the Oni considered it as well, the tail was certainly far from the worst thing that could have resulted from her lapse in judgement. In fact there was some measure of benefit to having one ... it would just be a matter of learning how to manipulate the thing as she would an arm, or legs.

Something that was then offered by Sarada.

Ishtar nodded quickly.

"Yes I will need to get used to having this ... assistance would be more than appreciated."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman
    "........" Etrina tilted to the side, eyeing the new tail with a deadpan expression befitting a situation as outlandish as the one they were in.

"........" Etrina watches the shreds of fabric that made up Ishtars pants drift to the floor with just as deadpan a stare.

"..............Oh......" Etrina glanced away, a red blush showing on her cheeks. "....*cough*.....So...just so we're clear....this isn't what an oni does when their aroused correct? I mean.....I'd be flattered but.....no in front of a child..."
    "No if I was aroused, I would be attempting to mate with you," Ishtar commented simply.

"I believe you are with Zaofan, however ... I would not attempt to come between such a pairing with only lust to offer." Glancing down then, the Oni understood why it was Etrina had turned away however, and with a nod, quickly attempted to cover herself up ... though it seemed that the tail prevented such a thing as 'pants' from being worn, easily .. and so the Oni simply- and ever so slowly- wrestled with her tail until it covered up what others might call her 'modesty'.

"Better ?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Like a Tail." Etrina answered, completely missing the point of the question. "....and what made you think drinking colorful liquids that you found in a criminal cesspool was a good idea? You could have been poisoned! That could have been the Jungo equivalent to rocket fuel! Some powerful new drug! You could have been running around the asteroid butt naked shrieking while the rest of us chase you down."

Etrina paused her tirade, let out a sigh, and then started chuckling. "In the realm of impulsive planning....I guess we're even now huh?"
    "I was ... asking if it looked good, Etrina." Ishtar muttered softly, before shaking her head.

"In any case ... I tested the first, and it tasted of winter, and biting cold. Rather refreshing all things considered. The next tasted of fire, and the and of an almost painful warmth ... the last tasted of mint, and was wholly refreshing." The Oni explained in greater detail. "Separate they likely would not have engendered this ... development; together however they seem to have done as much."

Falling silent for a moment then, the golden-eyed Oni offered another shrug before sighing.

"In any event it was .. impulsive, yes. Yet it seemed a decent way to take my mind off all that I have experienced this day." Ishtar stated, honestly. "Beyond that I ... do not get sick in the manner that you, or Sarada might ... nor do the poisons that would effect you, do much more than inconvenience me. Not as severe a risk as it could have been but ... I suppose it does indeed make us even."

With a shrug she then added.

"Besides ... the tail is not as bad as it could be. At leas it will be of use."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar nodded along as one of the GP officers asked after liberating Chroma- Meagan's planet- from its predicament. While not much was known beyond what the officer, Tran, or Tron ... the Oni couldn't remember ... offered as an explanation; but similar to the matter of the Junjo slavers, Ishtar would see the matter settled.

That Sarada was to be joining Meagan, was of some influence as well.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Meagan thanked Sarada for coming with her to free Chroma, "The Nagadarr are monstrously strong and just as hard to kill. Even the weakest of them could trash this spaceship with little effort. They are giants, the tallest being over ten feet in height. They usually wear armor, head to toe, and carry weapons, lots of weapons. They are each like tanks, walking tanks plowing their way through any obstacle. That is, two kinds of them are. There are three types of Nagadarr, most of the ones you will encounter are the ones we call the Ogres and the Cloven-Feet or Devils. I have seen them move fast, but most times they just trample over everyone and everything. Orgres are the largest, but they are also the slowest. Devils are much faster, and they can jump much higher. "

"The third type of Nagadarr is more humanoid-like. We call them the Demons since they hide in shadows and are very deadly. They rarely appear in public, but we know they pretty much run the whole invasion army. They are also tall, and strong, insanely strong, and fast. They move faster than the other two. If they are looking to take out someone specific, the Demons are the ones who usually do the assassination. Many of our planet's leaders were taken out that way."

"As for Ki, there have been reports of seeing them use it, but its' not something they do regularly. If disarmed and cornered, it is possible they might fall back on Ki blasts, but I have never seen it myself. The one I fought on the Junjo's asteroid base was a Cloven-foot type. I recognized him as the one called Grin, since he was in charge of the prison I was being held at...." Meagan shuddered for a moment, the memory of it still got to her even after all these years, "the prison where he would torture us, myself and my fellow resistance cell members, trying to get us to talk about other resistance cells. That, and the idea of a public execution to further instill fear in my people were the only things that kept us alive. I am not surprised that he was involved in selling my people into slavery."

Taking a deep breath, "Thing is, compared to the Ogres, Grin was relatively small and weak. Yet, if i hadn't stopped him, he still would have destroyed this ship and everyone on it, easily. It took using 3 times my power to do it, and that was only because he wasn't wearing all that much armor."

"They can be taken out. If you can disarm them. One of the tactics most Resistance cells employed was to destroy their weapons, blow up their armories. Or steal their weapons and turn them against the Nagadarr. You, me and the others in our team are each living weapons now. Just don't expect to take out more than a few Nagadarr at a time. And don't underestimate their weapons. They have this odd relationship with technology, it's hard to explain, except that I have never seen weapons so powerful and so deadly."
    "Say, Meagan..." P-Sta walked up. "You don't happen to have any information on the Nagadarr's dealings with the Junjo do you? From the information I've gathered, they tend to meet with the Junjo and sell their slaves and other valuables in secret using some kind of...unknown technology. I scanned over and over any and all information I could, but I couldn't find any leads on whay the heck this tech could be and how it allowed them to completely evade prying eyes for so long. Especially when selling things as large as this ship...."