Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, and another retconned "Golden Age" Marvel character is King Azzuri, the Black Panther during World War II.

All-New Member

I always thought it would be cool if Marvel ever did a "Ultimate Universe" type series but for their Golden Age characters (or at least anybody pre-Fantastic Four).

Think like DC's New 52 Earth-2 comic but better. What would a modern universe and take on these characters look like? There could be some fun reinventions of these characters, many of whom haven't gotten usage in a while. Captain American, Human Torch and Namor would also be featured.

Quote Originally Posted by IronCage View Post
    I always thought it would be cool if Marvel ever did a "Ultimate Universe" type series but for their Golden Age characters (or at least anybody pre-Fantastic Four).

Think like DC's New 52 Earth-2 comic but better. What would a modern universe and take on these characters look like? There could be some fun reinventions of these characters, many of whom haven't gotten usage in a while. Captain American, Human Torch and Namor would also be featured.
    I'd rather read a comic book featuring new stories with the Timely/Marvel heroes on their original Earth during the 1940s, but I know that's not likely to happen.
    Hell, I'd love it if Marvel gave us a tpb collection of All-Winners Squad: Band of Heroes that actually gave us ALL of the story, including the issues never published, but . . .

Astonishing Member

Since Amazing Man is in the public domain and he was introduced into the Marvel 616 universe in the Iron Fist series, does that mean that the Amazing Man golden age stories we're set in the 616 universe?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Since Amazing Man is in the public domain and he was introduced into the Marvel 616 universe in the Iron Fist series, does that mean that the Amazing Man golden age stories we're set in the 616 universe?
    Set in the 616 universe? Probably not, especially since that wasn't really a thing back then.
    I would think it's more like Marvel could make use of those stories and place them in the past of the 616 universe if they wanted, but that would be a slightly different thing.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd rather read a comic book featuring new stories with the Timely/Marvel heroes on their original Earth during the 1940s, but I know that's not likely to happen.
    Hell, I'd love it if Marvel gave us a tpb collection of All-Winners Squad: Band of Heroes that actually gave us ALL of the story, including the issues never published, but . . .

The reason I suggested an Ultimate Universe style reinvention is because I think that'd revitalize interest in these characters, who don't really have the cache or following that DC's Golden Age heroes do. More leeway and room for creative swings, and maybe that would lead to reprints or even a new run of their Golden Age 1940s exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by IronCage View Post

^^^Thats an interesting idea!

Incredible Member

Thanks a lot to MajorHoy for all your additions. I just went through all 13 pages of this thread, but a lot of the pictures are no longer showing up

Even though almost all heroes mentioned are in the two books I believe you were publishing from (Marvel Mystery Handbook & Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe) I'm still going to hold off officially "counting" anyone who hasn't been explicitly shown in the comics to have crossed over with 616 characters.

By my count, that is 61 heroes or teams. Here they are, some with how they've crossed over into 616 in parenthesis

54 are from Timely, with an additional 7 retconned into Marvel from other companies.

The Big 3
    1. Namor
    2. The Human Torch
    3. Captain America

The Twelve
    4. Blue Blade
    5. Black Widow
    6. Captain Wonder
    7. Dynamic Man
    8. Electro
    9. The Fiery Mask
    10. The Laughing Mask
    11. Master Mind Excello
    12. Mr. E
    13. The Phantom Reporter
    14. Rockman
    15. The Witness

Others
    16. American Ace
    17. The Angel
    18. Archie the Gruesome
    19. Black Marvel
    20. Blazing Skull
    21. Blonde Phantom (appears in She-Hulk)
    22. The Challenger
    23. Citizen V
    24. Davey Drew
    25. Doctor Nemesis
    26. Ferret
    27. The Fin
    28. Gary Gaunt
    29. Ghost Girl
    30. The Hurricane
    31. Ka-Zar
    32. Jack Frost
    33. Jap-Buster Johnson
    34. Jimmy Jupiter
    35. Leopard Girl (appears in Ant-Man [Spencer run])
    36. Marvel Boy
    37. The Masked Raider (Marvel Comics 1000)
    38. Merzah the Mystic
    39. Miss America
    40. Miss Patriot Ant-Man (Spencer)
    41. Mercury
    42. Moon Man
    43. Namora
    44. Red Raven
    45. Silver Scorpion
    46. Sun Girl (She-Hulk - Referenced by Blonde Phantom)
    47. Taxi Taylor
    48. Thin Man
    49. The Thunderer (appears in Ant-Man [Spencer run])
    40. Vagabond
    51. The Vision
    52. The Whizzer
    53. Young Allies
    54. Young Avenger

From Other Companies
    55. Amazing Man
    56. Betty Dean
    57. Dominic Fortune
    58. Duke O’Dowd / The Human Meteor
    59. Spider Queen
    60. Strongman
    61. Volton

Incredible Member

And here are an additional 55 characters that I haven't seen confirmation of crossing over into 616.

3-D Man
    Agents of Atlas
    American Avenger
    Barney Mullen
    Blackstone the Magician Detective
    Blue Blaze
    Blue Diamond
    Blue Marvel
    Breeze Barton
    Captain Daring / Captain Dash
    Captain Terror
    Casey: Crime Photographer
    Cat-Man
    Challenger
    Comet Pierce
    Crimson Commando
    Dakor the Magician
    Dale of the FBI
    Defender
    Destroyer
    Falcon
    Father Time
    The Fighting Yank
    Flash Foster
    Flexo
    The Fourth Musketeer
    Hercules
    The Human Top
    Invisible Man
    John Steele
    Magar
    Major Liberty
    Mantor
    Marvex
    Monstro the Mighty
    Mr. Wu
    Monako
    Nellie the Nurse
    Night Raven
    The Patriot
    Phantom Bullet
    Phantom Reporter
    Roko
    Secret Stamp
    Terror
    Terry Vance / Deadline Dawson
    The Three Xs
    Tigerman
    Tough Kid Squad
    Trojak
    Venus
    Whirlwind Carter
    Zar
    Zara
    Zephyr Jones

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Thanks a lot to MajorHoy for all your additions. I just went through all 13 pages of this thread, but a lot of the pictures are no longer showing up

Even though almost all heroes mentioned are in the two books I believe you were publishing from (Marvel Mystery Handbook & Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe) I'm still going to hold off officially "counting" anyone who hasn't been explicitly shown in the comics to have crossed over with 616 characters.

By my count, that is 61 heroes or teams. Here they are, some with how they've crossed over into 616 in parenthesis

54 are from Timely, with an additional 7 retconned into Marvel from other companies.

The Big 3
    1. Namor
    2. The Human Torch
    3. Captain America

cut

From Other Companies
    55. Amazing Man
    56. Betty Dean
    57. Dominic Fortune
    58. Duke O’Dowd / The Human Meteor
    59. Spider Queen
    60. Strongman
    61. Volton
    I'm pretty sure that Betty Dean is an original Timely character. Bill Everett created her as a Namor cast character first appearance was in Marvel Mystery Comics.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Generally speaking, golden age stories aren't part of 616 continuity, until they are referenced or retold in a 616 story. They are mostly considered comics that tell fictionalized versions of things that happened, or just out right fiction.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?