Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

A character from the Golden Age who was used in Marvel comic book stories until the mid-1970s:

it's too bad that the "All Winners Squad" maxi-series got cancelled. I was enjoying it. I guess I was only one of a few, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    it's too bad that the "All Winners Squad" maxi-series got cancelled. I was enjoying it. I guess I was only one of a few, however.
    A few others here have said the same thing in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Agree completely!

Though, unfortunately, I don't know if writer Paul Jenkins and/or artist Carmine Di Giandomenico would still be willing to work for Marvel if any additions or changes are needed.

Jimmy Jupiter was a Golden Age character who first appeared in Marvel Mystery Comics #28 (February 1942):

His last appearance appears to have been issue #48 (cover-dated October 1943).

Then, in 2011, Ed Brubaker brought the character back in Captain America #1 (w/art by Steve McNiven)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Did I miss Ghost Girl?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Some more golden age covers.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The night nurse of the golden age!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Did I miss Ghost Girl?
    Well, she's awful hard to see some times.

Not sure what you mean by "Did I miss".
    She was in the group The Crusaders back in issues #14-15 of The Invaders original 1970s series (created as a Marvel equivalent of Phantom Lady from DC's Freedom Fighters), but she lost her powers at the end of that story.
    . . . And from the team The Crusaders (who were counterparts to DC's Freedom Fighters), the created "Spirit of '76" (William Nasland) would go on to (retroactively) be the first to replace Steve Rogers as Captain America, while the created "Dyna-Mite" (Roger Aubrey) would later take over the role of The Destroyer.

But, really, that's barely the tip of the iceberg!

Though it appears Marvel reused the name for a character in their 1997 Alpha Flight run.

Well, she's awful hard to see some times.

Not sure what you mean by "Did I miss".
    She was in the group The Crusaders back in issues #14-15 of The Invaders original 1970s series (created as a Marvel equivalent of Phantom Lady from DC's Freedom Fighters), but she lost her powers at the end of that story.

Though it appears Marvel reused the name for a character in their 1997 Alpha Flight run.

I loved Ghost Girl from her first appearance and that small pic! Something about all the silver and the hair and mask. Sort of reminded me of Spitfire too. I wish she had some real powers like minor super-speed with intangibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I loved Ghost Girl from her first appearance and that small pic! Something about all the silver and the hair and mask. Sort of reminded me of Spitfire too. I wish she had some real powers like minor super-speed with intangibility.
    But, again, she was purposely designed as a temporary character for when Marvel and DC "sort of" had the Freedom Fighters meet up with The Invaders (but in both cases, the other team was "The Crusaders").

Over on the Marvel side (and counterparts to the Freedom Fighters):

And over at DC (with their counterparts to The Invaders):

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Wow. That Crusaders is pretty blatant, isn't it?

A character from the Golden Age who was used in Marvel comic book stories until the mid-1970s:

I love Betty Dean! Reading that, it reminds me that Betty Dean was the precursor to Agent Carter. It would have been great to see her on that show.

Though, I'm not so certain about all the dates they have on this, especially the bit with Destiny and Namor. Of course, Betty Dean is one of those characters that totally screws over the sliding timeline.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Also, add me to the list of people severely disappointed that Marvel never finished ALL WINNERS SQUAD. So cool stuff going on in that mini-series.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow. That Crusaders is pretty blatant, isn't it?
    It was designed to be. The writers working on it even used the same group name ("The Crusaders") to make that fact clear.

And for who actually became the DC version of "The Crusaders", anybody aware of comic book creators for Marvel and DC at the time would enjoy the in-joke.

Also see:

But, again, she was purposely designed as a temporary character for when Marvel and DC "sort of" had the Freedom Fighters meet up with The Invaders (but in both cases, the other team was "The Crusaders").

Over on the Marvel side (and counterparts to the Freedom Fighters):

And over at DC (with their counterparts to The Invaders):
    I know, and I love those Crusaders too!