Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Comcast wants fox! Puts bigger bid then disney.

Note that Disney still get ff and X-Men back if Comcast buys (the rights will revert back to marvel) but Disney won't get the other shows and movies like simpsons. Also Comcast can use the other movies in universal studios parks. What will fox do?

Interesting. In all honesty, I am just hoping for Marvel Studios to get back the X-Men and F4 franchises. If they don't get their hands on things like Simpsons, 24, X-Files, etc...I'm actually perfectly OK with that.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Yea if its 100% confirmed that they revert back to marvel i could care less about the rest. Maybe not getting that content will force Disney to make more original stuff

I am fine with it. A lot of fans would be as they are interested in X-Men and FF. But Disney won't be. X-Men and FF was not the reason for their bidding. They want content for their upcoming streaming service.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 05-07-2018 at 08:46 PM.

I've seen different reports on marvel getting the FF and xmen rights back if fox is sold.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I've seen different reports on marvel getting the FF and xmen rights back if fox is sold.
    Ssme here. Fox cant sell the rights since they dont out right own them. But I've seen conflicting reports saying that Comcast would acquire 21st century fox as a whole so fox would still technically own the rights and would keep them. Then I've seen people say it doesnt work that way.

This is preferable to avoid Disney monopoly. If Comcast buys Fox, then will Fox be absorbed by Universal or exist as its own separate thing?

Now the thing that remains to be seen if this scenario plays out is what happens to the X-Men/FF rights.

As long as X-Men and FF get back to Marvel, I'm fine with this.

Disney gets the x-man and ff rights back. Same with dc getting batman back from gothem. However Comcast may own the old X-Men and ff movies or marvel could get those to. (that one is random)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea if its 100% confirmed that they revert back to marvel i could care less about the rest. Maybe not getting that content will force Disney to make more original stuff
    This. Just let me get the X and FF back. Otherwise comcast needs to stop cokblocking lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This is preferable to avoid Disney monopoly. If Comcast buys Fox, then will Fox be absorbed by Universal or exist as its own separate thing?

Now the thing that remains to be seen if this scenario plays out is what happens to the X-Men/FF rights.
    Comcast is actually the worst scenario if someone is worried about monopolies given telecommunications is involved.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Doesn't Comcast own Universal Studios?

If so, what does this mean about Universal's distribution rights for Hulk movies or that deal where Disney can't do a Marvel Land in Orlando because of Universal already having a Marvel Land at Islands of Adventure?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Wasn't this deal finalized, pending regulatory approval? How is Comcast able to make an offer at this point? Do contracts mean anything?

Hope this doesn't happen. Comcast is an awful corporation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Interesting. In all honesty, I am just hoping for Marvel Studios to get back the X-Men and F4 franchises. If they don't get their hands on things like Simpsons, 24, X-Files, etc...I'm actually perfectly OK with that.
    Same here. As long as all the Marvel properties go back to Marvel/Disney great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    but Disney won't get the other shows and movies like simpsons.
    D'oh! But I was hoping for Disney World to announce the opening of Itchy and Scratchy Land right next to the Magic Kingdom!
    I guess I'll just have to be content with it being part of Universal's Islands of Adventure. Or maybe next to that Simpson's ride.